Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443633 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| No Vote November
« Reply #26760 on: November 03, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »
I just looked at the most recent Q drops and he’s really fallen off.

It’s basically just standard trumptard shit posts now.

Are Hillary and Obama still awaiting trial or nah?
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #26761 on: November 04, 2018, 12:42:37 AM »
Reading Q posts. It’s actually really difficult to figure out what he’s trying to say, probably by design.... but it seems like he’s no longer pushing the “mueller is actually working with Trump to investigate Obama and Hillary angle.”

It’s more like “Mueller is here to deflect blame from democrats” like a ‘traditional republican’

Too bad hungrynoob isn’t here to tell us how it all makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:47:02 AM by kingv »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26762 on: November 04, 2018, 06:16:00 AM »
what tv shows do you think people are watching?

shit, what tv shows are you watching?
"Hero or Hate Crime?"

The gang goes to three professional arbitrators to decide who's the rightful owner of a lost scratch-off lottery ticket and prove whether Frank using a homophobic slur against Mac to save him from getting crushed by a piano is considered a heroic act or a hate crime.
"Time's Up for the Gang"

Due to heightened concerns over sexual harassment, misconduct, and intimidation thanks to the Me Too movement and Time's Up, The Gang is forced to go to an anti-harassment seminar so their bar can be taken off the list of worst bars for women to frequent.
"The Gang Solves the Bathroom Problem"

The Gang misses out on a Jimmy Buffett concert when they see Mac come out of the women's bathroom and get caught up in discussing issues of gender identity and public bathroom use.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26763 on: November 04, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
So the Republican candidate for governor in Georgia, who's also the secretary of state and oversees its elections, announced an investigation into alleged hacking by the state Democratic party, just a few days before the election.

Late in the 2016 campaign he accused the Department of Homeland Security of trying to "breach our firewall" which of course turned out to be bullshit. This is all on top of various efforts to restrict voting access and purge people from the rolls.

agrajag

« Reply #26764 on: November 04, 2018, 05:26:01 PM »
Republican fuckery knows no bounds.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26766 on: November 04, 2018, 06:31:04 PM »
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #26767 on: November 05, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »
It rhymes! It's also super infuriating because the job market doing well has little if anything to do with the current admin's policies and is just a holdover from the previous admin, and of course the violent mobs hitting people with torches in cville and assaulting people in NY outnumbering peeps by 10 to 1 were not leftists. :doge
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26768 on: November 05, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
Final polls

CNN: D+13
Rasmussen: R+1

:doge

Markets:
https://twitter.com/L0gg0l/status/1059532608093204480
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #26769 on: November 05, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
Nintex the coward didn't make the bet.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26770 on: November 05, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
Just browsing some of the Libertarian candidates for state office...

benji, should I vote for this man? y/n
©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26771 on: November 05, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »
Dude will steal your cheese

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26772 on: November 05, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »
Nintex the coward didn't make the bet.
Mandark made the mistake thinking that I care if any of them wins
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2525189#msg2525189

It'll be maximum fuckery whoever wins.
The choice is not D or R. The choice is getting shot in the dick or testicle.
You either get Trump blowing his own horn and Republicans rubberstamping the highway to #latestagecapitalism or a bitter political fight and gridlock over E V E R Y T H I N G .
It would be 2 years of government shutdowns and presidential veto's. You'd basically be back to square one where "Washington doesn't work and it needs an outsider!"

Now 2020 is important because that has season renewal on the line.

Does a US president ever get to govern?
Year 1: Get cabinet approved, try to unite party, get something/anything big passed no matter the cost (tax cuts/healthcare/war)
Year 2: Midterm election season
Year 3: Gridlock
Year 4: Re-election campaign

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:44:59 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26773 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:38 PM »
Nobody said you cared.

I said you're dumb, lie constantly, and are unwilling to back up anything you've said.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #26774 on: November 05, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
So far I am the only one to have made any predictions at all. By default, I am winning.
每天生气

Occam

« Reply #26775 on: November 05, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
So, how's this going to go? Trumpsters lose the house but win the senate, because on average Americans aren't exactly smart or well educated (which is precisely how the Trumpsters like it)?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26776 on: November 05, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »
Results, yes, reasoning, uh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26777 on: November 05, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »
So, how's this going to go? Trumpsters lose the house but win the senate, because on average Americans aren't exactly smart or well educated (which is precisely how the Trumpsters like it)?
Depends on how well the fear mongering about the Caravan has worked and how 'fired up' voters are.
Turnout seems up at least so that's a good sign for democracy overall.

Trump at this point is single-handedly driving both the Republicans and Democrats to the polls. It's kinda crazy if you think about it.
If Trump had gone golfing for a month this would've been a low key election.
🤴

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26778 on: November 05, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »
Even though I voted for him I just want Beto to hurry up and lose. His supporters are insufferable, especially since so many of them are stupidly stubborn in their insistence he will win. At least Cruz is so uninspiring that even his supporters won’t talk him up anymore.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26779 on: November 05, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
Ted Cruz was first to discover the glitch in the Matrix that if no one likes you, you get elected into office.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26780 on: November 05, 2018, 07:24:40 PM »
oh yeah when will we see results? I want to see how Mandark's bet against no one works out  :doge

We'll probably know by tomorrow night, unless there are a lot of really, really close races.
dog

Trurl

« Reply #26781 on: November 05, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
Voting is for nerds. 🤓

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26782 on: November 05, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
Last year in Virginia the total vote for the Dem candidates beat the Republican side by almost 10 percentage points, they picked up 15 additional seats, yet wound up on the wrong side of a 51-49 split after the decisive seat, ruled a tie after a recount, was settled in the Republican's favor by a literal coin toss.

So I'm basically bracing myself for that to happen on a national level tomorrow.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26783 on: November 05, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »
Last year in Virginia the total vote for the Dem candidates beat the Republican side by almost 10 percentage points, they picked up 15 additional seats, yet wound up on the wrong side of a 51-49 split after the decisive seat, ruled a tie after a recount, was settled in the Republican's favor by a literal coin toss.

So I'm basically bracing myself for that to happen on a national level tomorrow.

Can you write that out in the form of a two page dialogue between Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell? It might convince Nintex to take your bet.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #26784 on: November 05, 2018, 10:37:54 PM »

Honestly, shit  seems to be shaping up strongly for the dems.

I worried a lot more a month ago than I do today. Sky high turnout is almost always a good sign for dems

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #26785 on: November 06, 2018, 01:57:53 AM »
Ted Cruz was first to discover the glitch in the Matrix that if no one likes you, you get elected into office.
:trumps
Hi

agrajag

« Reply #26786 on: November 06, 2018, 09:06:06 AM »
Ezra Klein with some inspiring election day thoughts

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1059553661586567168

Himu

« Reply #26787 on: November 06, 2018, 10:26:44 AM »
Even though I voted for him I just want Beto to hurry up and lose. His supporters are insufferable, especially since so many of them are stupidly stubborn in their insistence he will win. At least Cruz is so uninspiring that even his supporters won’t talk him up anymore.

Bro I just don’t get it. He had an actual shot of winning but ran as a fucking Bay Area politician in bloody Texas. And his supporters actually think he is going to win. I read this in politico and it sums it up nicely.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/11/04/ted-cruz-beto-orourke-texas-senate-2018-election-2221

If O’Rourke loses, Texas might remember him for being singularly positioned to break that ceiling—running in an advantageous environment, against a damaged incumbent, bringing historic resources to bear, at a moment of cultural and demographic transition in the state—and failing to capitalize.

It brings up the question if he even wants to win. The far left doesn’t like centrism but centrism wins elections and democrats need to win elections. They know they lack power but want to bet it all on dewy eyed idealism. Have you heard of the theories that Beto is deliberately losing so he can use this campaign to get momentum for a 2020 bid for president?

I voted and even campaigned for him but Beto will lose, Democrats will take these losses and rather than self examine themselves - which they didn’t do after 2016 - they’ll continue to point at Republicans for being unable to get a state seat.

At least it’ll finally over after today. Until 2020 when democrats pour millions into trying to turn Texas blue instead of focusing their efforts on the Midwest. Then they’ll lose the presidency and go,”Republican corruption is killing us!” as we all collectively bang our heads against the wall.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:31:35 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26788 on: November 06, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »
Have you heard of the theories that Beto is deliberately losing so he can use this campaign to get momentum for a 2020 bid for president?

:gurl

Himu

« Reply #26789 on: November 06, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
I don’t take them seriously I’m just shooting the shit with my friend. I’ll text him instead so I don’t have to suffer.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #26790 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
I mean FUCK, lots of people are thinking it. Straight from the politico article I linked:

Given his sudden star power and prodigious fundraising abilities, there is already considerable momentum behind the theory that O’Rourke could segue from a losing Senate candidate to a top-tier presidential contender

The idea that democrats sabotage their own elections is a fairly prevalent one among conservatives. While I don’t believe it, I don’t blame them for thinking it. The democrats really are that incompetent. You’ve got a black governor candidate that is a woman in Georgia and she’s like,”yes, you will have to turn in your guns!” And this is Georgia. They are either very smart, or very stupid. No inbetween. Given my experience with idyllic democrats, Beto supporters, the 2016 Hillary campaign I lean on stupid.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26791 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:13 AM »
:gurl

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26792 on: November 06, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »
yeah I don't think he's sabotaged it.  I think he earnestly thought moving further left was the right answer to energize some hidden liberal base in Texas that doesn't actually exist. 

Propagandhim

« Reply #26793 on: November 06, 2018, 11:03:15 AM »

Meek, liberal participation-trophy culture in a nutshell

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26794 on: November 06, 2018, 11:04:59 AM »
Wouldn't he have more cachet if he won the election? Banking on voters remembering you got beat by Ted Cruz two years ago doesn't seem like a winning strategy.
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #26795 on: November 06, 2018, 11:11:05 AM »
People said this about Kander, it's dumb
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26796 on: November 06, 2018, 11:14:31 AM »
Lemme throw this out there: the dude is almost certainly going to do better than every other Democratic candidate for senate or governor in Texas has done for close to three decades and has generated enough enthusiasm that people are literally sick of his supporters.

It might be possible he's run an okay campaign.

Propagandhim

« Reply #26797 on: November 06, 2018, 11:17:09 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'd tell myself if I were going to lose to the guy whose dad killed the honorable John F Kennedy. 

BikeJesus

« Reply #26798 on: November 06, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
I'm going to bet that the Republicans hold both the House and Senate, based solely on 2016 polling versus actual results. Also, those fucking rallies and the insane turnouts that get zero press.

kingv

« Reply #26799 on: November 06, 2018, 11:57:35 AM »
Lemme throw this out there: the dude is almost certainly going to do better than every other Democratic candidate for senate or governor in Texas has done for close to three decades and has generated enough enthusiasm that people are literally sick of his supporters.

I think people saying “oh he should have run as 1992 Bill Clinton are out of their minds”

The reason he is getting the enthusiasm he is getting is because he’s running the campaign he’s running. IMO he does even worse as “republican-lite”

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #26800 on: November 06, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »
in new mexico, early voting is much less hassle than voting on election day. you can go to any voting location, there's pretty much no lines, plus the polling hours are longer and it's open on weekends. that's why i voted early.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26801 on: November 06, 2018, 12:09:20 PM »
Has anyone ever considered that early voting might not necessarily mean people are more fired up to vote or that more people are going to turn out, but that people who normally vote  are just trying to get that shit out of the way?

Yeah, vote nerds call it "cannibalizing" the election day turnout. But there are a bunch of other signs (individual donations, self-reported voting intent, high turnout in special elections and last year in VA) that all point to a very high turnout for a midterm election.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #26802 on: November 06, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
I have a feeling Kemp is going to win Georgia based purely on machines "malfunctioning."
püp

shosta

« Reply #26803 on: November 06, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »
Ok, but we have the buses full of migrants and zombies
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26805 on: November 06, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »
Been preparing myself mentally all week to be disappointed by you Americans again. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26806 on: November 06, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »

He has ran an okay campaign.  I think he could have ran a great one by being a bit more pragmatic and stayed the course after the primaries.   Instead he actually seemed to pivot left. Sadler spent about $400k for his entire campaign and got about 41%.  Beto has raised something like $70 million dollars and will probably end up with a few percentage points more.  That seems like a terrible ROI.  And his supporters are annoying because so many are still delusional.  I try to talk to my friends and they think I'm crazy because I think Beto is going to lose.  They're not annoying because they like him and I do give him props for being charismatic. 

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #26807 on: November 06, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »
Fuck this having an important election on my birthday bullshit. It's going to make the entire day miserable.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26808 on: November 06, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »
Happy election day dude!

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #26809 on: November 06, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »
At least Colorado has early voting via mail-in ballots. I had that shit handled weeks ago.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26810 on: November 06, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »

Can you write that out in the form of a two page dialogue between Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell? It might convince Nintex to take your bet.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mitch: "Hello Mr. President"

Donald: "Hi Mitch what's that you're holding?"

Mitch: "That's how we decide elections Donald, with this lucky coin"

Donald: "Coins? I don't do coins. You never know where coins have been. Imagine if like an ugly person like a 3 or a 4 had that coin in her pocket and now you're holding it."

Mitch: "You see Donald, that's the great thing when you are in control of government. Heads we win, tails we lose.... but we can't lose"

Donald: "How can you not lose? You might get a disease from the coin and die. We should ban coins. I talked about it with Mnuchin the other day he liked the idea a lot. He also hates coins, he said we should replace them with Legos like that movie he's made. Have you seen his movies? Those are great fun. He's great. In fact he might even get a nice licensing deal when we replace the coins."

Mitch: "But Donald, Every coin minted under a Republican treasury is balanced in such a way that it always lands on heads"

Mitch: "Under the presidency of George Bush we minted so many coins that we would have a surplus of coins for decades to come. We will never run out of coins that land on heads and we always bet on heads."

Donald: "Why don't the Democrats bet on heads?"

Mitch: "Simple Donald, we've used historical figures with questionable racial histories. Slave owners, explorers, wartime presidents and the like. A Democrat is never going to bet on Honest Abe"

Mitch: "We then introduced a little known bill on the first day of your presidency that replaced all election toss-up coins with coins minted after 2002."

Mitch: "Stalin famously said, 'It doesn't matter who votes it matters who counts the votes'. I say it doesn't matter who bets it matters who mints the coins."

Donald: "I like that Mitch, I signed a lot to be honest and I will sign more if we win. Guess I'll tell Mnuchin we're not going to do LEGOs then. Shame, would be fun if you had like a building set in your wallet"

Mitch: "We know Donald... we know."
[close]

Good luck guys. Enjoy voting and your day of democracy. Whoever loses we win.
🤴

shosta

« Reply #26811 on: November 06, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »
Fuck this having an important election on my birthday bullshit. It's going to make the entire day miserable.
I've got you beat. I know someone who scheduled their gay wedding on the 2016 election day because they were that excited for Hillary to win.
每天生气

stufte

« Reply #26812 on: November 06, 2018, 01:42:19 PM »
I've got you beat. I know someone who scheduled their gay wedding on the 2016 election day because they were that excited for Hillary to win.

oof.

shosta

« Reply #26813 on: November 06, 2018, 01:43:48 PM »
why is there not a national movement to abolish the Senate
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26814 on: November 06, 2018, 01:50:41 PM »
why is there not a national movement to abolish the Senate

Because then Ted Cruz would just be out in the wild, uncontained, free to kill again.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26815 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1059868722972778498

Some of these are wild. At the end of the day George Bush will be President Again.

Wait
🤴

Himu

« Reply #26816 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:24 PM »
lmao at new york democrats throwing around ideas,"why don't we try to emulate China's score system and screen peoples social media before a gun purchase?"

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-city/ny-gun-buyers-should-have-social-media-screened-pols-say

Trump, Bloomberg, we can go on but New York politicians truly are terrible. First, second, fifth, ninth amendments? What's that? Why almost every NY politician end up being an authoritarian? Is it something in the water over there?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:32:18 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #26817 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »
Shut the fuck up
püp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26818 on: November 06, 2018, 02:43:39 PM »