Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5447330 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Everything is awful
« Reply #26700 on: November 02, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
"they won't do as well as everyone says"

"be specific"

"literally the highest number in their prediction range"

aaaaaaahahahaha

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26701 on: November 02, 2018, 04:23:20 PM »
"they won't as well as everyone says"

"be specific"

aaaaaaahahahaha
I'm not waking up in the morning fapping to poll numbers like you are right now. Like I said I haven't even been following the polls.

You're like that desperate kid at the park wanting to show off how much you've been practicing your jump shop to kids that don't even play basketball.

"guys come play with me, I bet you can't beat me"

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26702 on: November 02, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
Let’s not pretend that labeling and thus lazily dismissing your political opponents is unique to any group here, that’s just silly.
Are we going to pretend the liberal media doesn't actually you know, dominate the media?? lol. Fox News is 1 outlet in a cesspool of liberal media

I guess, if you consider that liberals in America would be conservatives just about anywhere else in the world.

is that why I'm conservative here?  :thinking

Haven’t been following polls.. no chance in hell yada yada

Sounds about right.
Right, I can make a broader prediction based on broad observation without giving precise numbers.

Aren't you a manager or something? in charge of a team? Jesus Christ.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26703 on: November 02, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
We see you, bro, you just a contrarian.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26704 on: November 02, 2018, 04:29:20 PM »

awww man thanks Cat.

At least I didn't get thrown the "you're just a racist" shtick

See, we improving in here day by day

Says the desperate man who hit his mid-life crisis, got a neck tattoo, and escaped to Brazil.  :birb
Isn't mid-life around 50 these days?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26705 on: November 02, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »
OK Mr. IQ is tied to race.
it's tied to 'population'. however you want to interpret that is your decision.

do i believe there could be a genetic difference between races in intelligence? -yes

"I said population, you're making this about race"

"but you specifically said race"

"this is how you get trump!"

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26706 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »
OK Mr. IQ is tied to race.
it's tied to 'population'. however you want to interpret that is your decision.

do i believe there could be a genetic difference between races in intelligence? -yes

"I said population, you're making this about race"

"but you specifically said race"

"this is how you get trump!"
scientists in the field have moved away from saying "race" and they tend to use 'population' 'peoples' 'groups' and I think even 'cultures'

so not to trigger the libs  :trumps

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26707 on: November 02, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »

awww man thanks Cat.

At least I didn't get thrown the "you're just a racist" shtick

See, we improving in here day by day

Says the desperate man who hit his mid-life crisis, got a neck tattoo, and escaped to Brazil.  :birb
Isn't mid-life around 50 these days?
yeah that ain’t me, I’m the weed and empathy guy

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26708 on: November 02, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »
Lib mentality

Having athletic genes - not racism, not based on parents also being athletic

Having smart genes - systemic racism, only based on social economic status of the parents

:lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
cue a dumb lib to come in and talk about hard work and dedication, and the obvious: But nurture can shape a person!!!
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26709 on: November 02, 2018, 04:41:04 PM »
See, as the weed and empathy guy, I’m not thinking “wow look at this racist” I’m thinking, what deep rooted need is going unmet in your life that makes you feel like this strategy of “owning the libs” will fulfill you?

agrajag

« Reply #26710 on: November 02, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »
"they won't as well as everyone says"

"be specific"

aaaaaaahahahaha
I'm not waking up in the morning fapping to poll numbers like you are right now. Like I said I haven't even been following the polls.

You're like that desperate kid at the park wanting to show off how much you've been practicing your jump shop to kids that don't even play basketball.

"guys come play with me, I bet you can't beat me"

"Guys I dont even care I trolllll uuuuu looolol!!1"

Meanwhile, 9 posts in this thread in the last hour. Hmm.  :hitler

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #26711 on: November 02, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
Assi, 1 hour ago: How can I make this thread about me?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26712 on: November 02, 2018, 04:42:49 PM »
See, as the weed and empathy guy, I’m not thinking “wow look at this racist” I’m thinking, what deep rooted need is going unmet in your life that makes you feel like this strategy of “owning the libs” will fulfill you?

Owning libs is fun. Why else do it?  ::)

Assi, 1 hour ago: How can I make this thread about me?
  so you're saying the thread is about me now? :omg

it's ok, only about 30 more min or so. I'm getting ready to head out for the night and I know you all will miss me  :shh :heart

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26713 on: November 02, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »
Lib mentality

Having athletic genes - not racism, not based on parents also being athletic

Having smart genes - systemic racism, only based on social economic status of the parents

:lol

cue a dumb lib to come in and talk about hard work and dedication, and the obvious: But nurture can shape a person!!!
[close]
That supposed contradiction should tip you off to the fact that it's a simplification and that 'the libs' don't actually deny that certain traits are heritable to some degree. It's always about the conclusions societies should or shouldn't draw.

But you keep going down the list. Climate change next?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26714 on: November 02, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »
That should tip you off to the fact that 'the libs' don't actually deny that certain traits are heritable to some degree. It's always about the conclusions societies should or shouldn't draw.

And this is why libs are hypocritical and incapable of having honest conversation which lead to disastrous social policies like the ones in this shit country where they spend just as, or not more on social welfare programs per capita as does Scandinavian countries while not getting even close to the same return . Now would ya look at that  :o

Libs are great with new and fresh revolutionary ideas but are terrible managers.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26715 on: November 02, 2018, 04:46:43 PM »
I do have a point buried in all this bullshit: as much as a certain type of troll (the Assy/Opty/Nintex axis on this board but you see a bunch elsewhere) love to say that every single political fight and campaign strategy and news cycle and cultural trend is pushing people towards the right and away from Dems. This is how you get Trump, this is what's wrong with the left, good luck winning an election acting like this, you all fell for it again blah blah blah.

But if you really thought things were so universally in favor of Trump and his party you'd think they'd do well in next week's elections, and nobody's willing to step up and say that. It's all excuses and expectations-setting.

agrajag

« Reply #26716 on: November 02, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
I love being here to witness Assi's descent into complete alt-right-dom. Way to go Assi, why deny your true nature?

At this rate by tuesday afternoon he'll be posting NPC memes. By March, he'll be hungrynoob.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26717 on: November 02, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
I love being here to witness Assi's descent into complete alt-right dom. Way to go Assi, why deny your true nature?

At this rate by tuesday afternoon he'll be posting NPC memes. By March, he'll be hungrynoob.
Because people like myself want more centrist levelheaded leadership and dialogue but we can't have that because we are ripping at the poles.

So then you have to ask yourself which party will hurt you the most? Right now? I'd say the left, at least in this country for sure the left. In the states? that's still a little bit more tricky and since I do not currently reside there I cannot make a for sure call on that. But as I am returning shorty for a brief time I will surely let you know.

agrajag

« Reply #26718 on: November 02, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
Right. Keep "owning the libs," Assi.

:wow

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26719 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »
Because people like myself want more centrist levelheaded leadership and dialogue but we can't have that because we are ripping at the poles.
:rofl

Practice what you preach.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26720 on: November 02, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
Right. Keep "owning the libs," Assi.

:wow
Why don't you tackle what I just said instead of mocking me?

I get when people are younger and idealistic but at a certain point you start asking yourself "what is better for me and the people around me?" And this is where there is such a great disconnect between the majority of the left and the rest of the country.

When I talk about Brazilian politics in here the first thing I get as a pushback is some racist innuendo "Oh you don't care about the people that will be hurt by this" What fucking people? Most people get hurt in this country, and the criminals in the favelas are in an all out war and that war spills into society where normal people go to work and come home to their families. My taxes need to continue to support these fucks?

When should I stop to care about criminals? Or the wives of criminals? Or even the children of criminals? At one point or another the hammer needs to come down for the betterment of the country.

In the states I can only imagine what it is like for marginalized groups that aren't part of the protected minorities - turning the tv on everyday to be mocked and then to have race baiting bullshit shoved down their throats. What do they do?? They turn to Fox News and then you blame them for it and the cycle continues lol

:rofl

Practice what you preach.
I am a centrist. You think the bore is in the middle? Maybe compared to REEE but you guys are definitely far left, majority of you

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26721 on: November 02, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
In the states I can only imagine what it is like for marginalized groups that aren't part of the protected minorities - turning the tv on everyday to be mocked and then to have race baiting bullshit shoved down their throats.

what tv shows do you think people are watching?

shit, what tv shows are you watching?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26722 on: November 02, 2018, 05:04:45 PM »
Hate when I turn on the Big Bang Theory and Sheldon looks straight at the camera and says "White supremacy is the unspoken ideology which undergirds our so-called 'democratic' institutions and poisons our thoughts on a daily basis... Bazinga!"

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26723 on: November 02, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »
Sucks to watch Game of Throne when Jon Snow looks forlornly at Daenerys and says "This war against the Lannisters, the Iron Throne, it will all mean nothing if we don't band together. There's a greater enemy to the north, greater than all the armies of Westeros, ready to enslave every living person for centuries if we can't stop it... the patriarchy."

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #26724 on: November 02, 2018, 05:10:50 PM »

But if you really thought things were so universally in favor of Trump and his party you'd think they'd do well in next week's elections, and nobody's willing to step up and say that. It's all excuses and expectations-setting.

Fear is the universal motivator and it's highly effective when "your team" isn't in power.

(Refer to: 1994, 2006, 2012 2010, 2018)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26725 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »
(Refer to: 1994, 2006, 2012, 2018)

p sure you mean 2010 instead of '12

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #26726 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
Fear is the universal motivator and it's highly effective when "your team" isn't in power.
But it's not the left trying to motivate the left with fear, it's the closeted right trying to own the left with obnoxiousness.
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26727 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »
Right, I can make a broader prediction based on broad observation without giving precise numbers.

Dismissing someone's prediction whose literal job it is to predict such things while claiming you aren't paying close attention is amazingly Assimilate-y.
Mandark does this for a living? I didn't know. And why isn't it possible pollsters get it wrong again? They sure did get the 2016 election wrong.

But it's not the left trying to motivate the left with fear, it's the closeted right trying to own the left with obnoxiousness.
get owned shota you pussy bitch

:tauntaun

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26728 on: November 02, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »
he meant nate silver, I ain't made a prediction

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26729 on: November 02, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
Ok? Nate was wrong in the elections. And I'm not even doubting what he says about the dems picking up the house? he gave wide predictions on exactly how many seats are taken.

Further, Nate himself in his most recent article says there is a chance Reps only lose very little

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26730 on: November 02, 2018, 05:18:52 PM »
He was "wrong"?  So giving Trump a 30% chance to win was "wrong?"

You are literally too stupid to hold a conversation about this topic.
his models were off, he even admitted it himself you lanky dumb crackhead.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26731 on: November 02, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
In the states I can only imagine what it is like for marginalized groups that aren't part of the protected minorities - turning the tv on everyday to be mocked and then to have race baiting bullshit shoved down their throats.

what tv shows do you think people are watching?

shit, what tv shows are you watching?

need an answer thx in advance

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26732 on: November 02, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »

He was wrong on the GOP nomination process for sure.    That's not what this conversation, which is over, is about.
you interpret my post where I say I do not believe dems have a shot in hell at getting the upper 59 seats in the house based on Nate's predictions that range between 19-59 seats and you call ME stupid? for you failing to understand what I was saying??

this is a lib for ya

:rejoice

get off the drugs
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26733 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:05 PM »
Assy said he was leaving in a half hour, didn't care about the thread...40 minutes later he's still arguing and insulting people

:umad

Stro, thanks. fuck lol now I'm late.

FUCKING LIBERALS see what you fuckers do

agrajag

« Reply #26734 on: November 02, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »
The one where Mandark asked you to qualify how many seats people are saying Dems are going to pick up in your claim that "Dems will not win as many seats as people are saying," and you picked the highest possible number in Nate Silver's prediction range? Why did you do that again?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26735 on: November 02, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »
Guys less polling talk.

Now I want to hear what TV shows are shitting on middle America on a regular basis. Cause I'm almost caught up on The Expanse.

agrajag

« Reply #26736 on: November 02, 2018, 05:31:19 PM »
Remember the movie The Fly with Jeff Goldblum? The part at the end where Seth Brundle gets into the telepod and fuses with a door? I think that's what happened to Etoilet, except instead of Brundledoor, we got Assi.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26737 on: November 02, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
I kinda want to go back to the time before I started reading this thread, and live in that time.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US

kingv

« Reply #26738 on: November 02, 2018, 05:46:11 PM »

He gave an interview like 2 weeks ago where he said he felt good about his 2016 predictions.

He was right to. They were reasonably accurate.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26739 on: November 02, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »

He gave an interview like 2 weeks ago where he said he felt good about his 2016 predictions.

He was right to. They were reasonably accurate.
nobody was accurate, he was just closer than the rest.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26740 on: November 02, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
WHAT TV SHOWS

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26741 on: November 02, 2018, 05:57:38 PM »
Aren’t u late?

shosta

« Reply #26742 on: November 02, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »
WHAT TV SHOWS
real time with bill maher
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26743 on: November 02, 2018, 06:17:50 PM »
Aren’t u late?
Nah, Brazilians are always fucking late. They have't even gotten in the Uber yet so I'm waiting on calling mine

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #26744 on: November 02, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »
Does the Bore have any Bill Maher fans? Who are Bill Maher fans? I'm genuinely curious about people who would willingly watch Bill Maher.
vin

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26745 on: November 02, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »
Does the Bore have any Bill Maher fans? Who are Bill Maher fans? I'm genuinely curious about people who would willingly watch Bill Maher.
So if you don't watch Bill Maher who do you watch on tv? Or on Youtube?

I've asked this question 100000x and no one here answers.

Recent libs have turned on absolutely everyone that used to be liberal on tv, and only go for the extreme mainstream now . Even a guy like Bill Maher is bashed for being too 'center' or even right on some topics.

agrajag

« Reply #26746 on: November 02, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »

Optimus

Steve Contra

« Reply #26747 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »
So if you don't watch Bill Maher who do you watch on tv? Or on Youtube?

I've asked this question 100000x and no one here answers.

Recent libs have turned on absolutely everyone that used to be liberal on tv, and only go for the extreme mainstream now . Even a guy like Bill Maher is bashed for being too 'center' or even right on some topics.
Bill Maher isn't funny and never has been
vin

shosta

« Reply #26748 on: November 02, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »
To the surprise of no one, I am [still] a Bill Maher fan
每天生气

Steve Contra

« Reply #26749 on: November 02, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »
WHY
vin

shosta

« Reply #26750 on: November 02, 2018, 06:29:04 PM »
He's funny and gets good guests

and he's usually right about stuff
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #26751 on: November 02, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
NEW RULE: shosta is no longer allowed to post about things he likes
每天生气

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #26752 on: November 02, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »
That should tip you off to the fact that 'the libs' don't actually deny that certain traits are heritable to some degree. It's always about the conclusions societies should or shouldn't draw.

And this is why libs are hypocritical and incapable of having honest conversation which lead to disastrous social policies like the ones in this shit country where they spend just as, or not more on social welfare programs per capita as does Scandinavian countries while not getting even close to the same return . Now would ya look at that  :o

Libs are great with new and fresh revolutionary ideas but are terrible managers.

So you're using the success of Scandinavian lib policies as a cudgel against...liberal policies??  :doge
___

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26754 on: November 02, 2018, 07:42:39 PM »
This is geopolitics now

https://twitter.com/NegarMortazavi/status/1058481604266463233

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1058439421983383554
Alex Jones may be banned but you can't ban his message.
This is how he still gets to be on social media platforms.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26755 on: November 02, 2018, 08:09:46 PM »
Nah, he lost close to a million daily views from Facebook and Youtube, and traffic to his site isn't close to bringing that back. He's Jason Whitlock after getting shitcanned from ESPN, only without the Fox Sports parachute.

Same shit happened with Milo. "Deplatforming will just make him more popular" but now he's irrelevant and broke.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26756 on: November 02, 2018, 08:13:41 PM »
He's Jason Whitlock after getting shitcanned from ESPN, only without the Fox Sports parachute.
:ohhh

kingv

« Reply #26757 on: November 02, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »

So you're using the success of Scandinavian lib policies as a cudgel against...liberal policies??  :doge

I bet he won’t respond to this.

:doge

Is tvc coming back now?

kingv

« Reply #26758 on: November 02, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
I just looked at the most recent Q drops and he’s really fallen off.

It’s basically just standard trumptard shit posts now.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26759 on: November 02, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
No, he's saying they don't work in Brazil because ra-... reasons. Something about the implementation. Ahem.