Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5448755 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #43500 on: September 14, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »
yeah if only beto wasn't talking wild, the gun lobby would've supported incremental legislation

dang it beto

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #43501 on: September 14, 2019, 05:08:44 PM »
Cindi, the argument is that it’d reduce deaths caused by gun violence, not that they merely hate guns. It comes from a pretty reasonable intuition that people’s liberty to be alive supercedes people’s liberty to own a (certain kind of) firearm.

Oblivion

« Reply #43502 on: September 14, 2019, 05:24:54 PM »

TLDR: Beto O'Rourke issued a threat of state violence on national television at a democratic debate.

yeah, imagine if the government ever came to your doorstep and arrested you for breaking the law  :neo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43503 on: September 14, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
Even Dems aren't taking Beto seriously, Cindi.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43504 on: September 14, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »
But Beto is the next Obama.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43505 on: September 14, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
warren is the next obama. why I don't trust the dumb biiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43506 on: September 14, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »
I still remember the news segments as a child of the Australian stormtroopers burning homes, raping women, and smashing babies on trees during their mandatory buybacks.  Cindy is right. 

Tasty

« Reply #43507 on: September 14, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »
"I'm fine with authoritarian state violence because I don't like guns."

Cogent argument.

That's not my argument but you're not really engaging with most of what I said, so I wrote a flippant response. Do you care to respond to:

Republicans like guns, therefore the Democratic party has hate them to stay on message even when there's literal concentration camps being made.

If every citizen had guns there would be no border detention camps? :dunno

I'm not in favor of deporting illegal immigrants, but I definitely don't think you should own a gun in the US if you're undocumented.

It would be uncouth to continue to participate in such a divided system.

I could also do without the wishy washy, defeatist TIMU rhetoric. Easier to blame the system and depersonalize it, thus making the task of changing it insurmountable, than admitting that every system is still led by fallible human beings who can be replaced or whose minds can be changed.

I've now read some of Beto's arguments. He's counting on SCOTUS to classify assault rifles specifically (not all guns) as dangerous and unusual, which they probably won't since there's so many out there, but that's really W's fault for not renewing the 94 ban.

IMO assault weapons have no legitimate use in the United States, and should be banned. This common sense from 25 years ago somehow escapes us today. I'm sure it has nothing to do with NRA bribing GOP officials, though.

Tasty

« Reply #43508 on: September 14, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
Also, I don't hate guns, but I'm extremely wary about anyone who would say the opposite.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43510 on: September 14, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »
As an Asian, I bet he knows a lot of maths. 

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43511 on: September 14, 2019, 06:22:23 PM »
As an Asian, I bet he knows a lot of maths.

He knows the best maths, folks. The best maths. Even wears a "MATH" hat to show he's good at the maths. Folks, we love to see it. We love our Yangsters.

(*Vomit entire body weight*)

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43513 on: September 14, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1172941959436091392

Here's Trump's bold 2020 strategy. "You don't have to like me, you just need to vote for me to prevent higher taxes and gun bans"
He's already turning this thing upside down where it isn't a popularity contest, the opposite of 2016.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #43514 on: September 14, 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
Won't win the popular vote or the electorate vote, he just won't leave!

team filler

• filler
  • filler

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #43516 on: September 14, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1172986107576778752

her face at 1:54  :lol

Lol they allowed homie to continue to talk while he took a dump on her chest. Surprised they didn’t hang up on him.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #43517 on: September 14, 2019, 07:59:38 PM »
I still don't see the point when rifles don't make up a significant portion of your homicide haven
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

kingv

« Reply #43518 on: September 14, 2019, 09:11:28 PM »
No one confirmed shit, Beto is polling in low single digits and has as much of a chance as Andrew Yang to be the nominee. This is like freaking out at some wild bullshit Rand/Ron Paul would have said in 2012/2016 is being what every Republican thinks and will do.

Save your ammunition anxiety for when Biden and Bernie say they're coming for your guns, not the guy who has rebooted his campaign 5 times and is literally polling at 0% in multiple states.

On top of that, the Supreme Court wouldn't make that legal, even with a liberal majority. And if you're worried about executive actions, that's illegal as well and was actually brought up on stage after Beto said that. No one on stage co-signed him saying that.

Hey, Bravenak told me that Bernie is A++ NRA, specifically with the goal to institute his reverse reparations scheme through state violence against women and brown people.

Tasty

« Reply #43519 on: September 14, 2019, 09:12:16 PM »
I still don't see the point when rifles don't make up a significant portion of your homicide haven
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Are statistics available for deaths per firearm type?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43520 on: September 14, 2019, 09:15:31 PM »
keep gun shit in the gun shit thread
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #43522 on: September 14, 2019, 09:24:48 PM »
WASHINGTON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday he had spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about a possible mutual defense treaty between the two nations, a move that could bolster Netanyahu's re-election bid just days before Israelis go to the polls.

"I had a call today with Prime Minister Netanyahu to discuss the possibility of moving forward with a Mutual Defense Treaty, between the United States and Israel, that would further anchor the tremendous alliance between our two countries," Trump said on Twitter.

He added that he looked forward to continuing those discussions later this month on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly session in New York.

Netanyahu thanked Trump, saying in a tweet that Israel "has never had a greater friend in the White House," and adding that he looked forward to meeting at the U.N. "to advance a historic Defense Treaty between the United States and Israel."

The timing of Trump's tweet, just days before Israel's election on Tuesday, appeared aimed at buttressing Netanyahu's bid to remain in power by showcasing his close ties to Trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-trump-floats-possible-defense-160121463.html

We're going to find out that Mossad has pics of Trump really did trying to fuck his daughter or something years from now.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tasty

« Reply #43524 on: September 14, 2019, 09:31:27 PM »
What does this mean for Jared Kushner's middle eastern peace efforts?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43525 on: September 14, 2019, 09:54:24 PM »
What you don't understand Tasty is almost every gun owner views Beto's statement as a threat of violence. He didn't say anything about buybacks. He's past that. He said "we're coming to take your guns." That implies violence. Take is different from buy. Take is the emphasized word. Beto issued a threat.

This just reinforces my view that gun owners are too paranoid for their own good and should probably not own guns anyways.

Exactly.

Anyone who owns a gun is mentally ill and should be terminated by the state
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43526 on: September 14, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
Honestly, they should keep guns legal just so they don't discourage the mentally ill from buying them and accidentally being left off the stormtrooper proscription.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #43527 on: September 14, 2019, 10:48:45 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43529 on: September 15, 2019, 12:25:44 AM »

:amirox

Tasty

« Reply #43530 on: September 15, 2019, 12:30:07 AM »
Stallman has always been super gross and undesirable.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #43531 on: September 15, 2019, 12:31:34 AM »
Exactly.

Anyone who owns a gun is mentally ill and should be terminated by the state
1) The 2,300 Special Agents at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) are allowed to carry AR-15’s, P90 tactical rifles, and other heavy weaponry. Recently, the IRS armed up with $1.2 million in new ammunition. This was in addition to the $11 million procurement of guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment procured between 2006-2014.

2) The Small Business Administration (SBA) spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to load its gun locker with Glocks last year. The SBA wasn’t alone – the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service modified their Glocks with silencers.

3) The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has a relatively new police force. In 1996, the VA had zero employees with arrest and firearm authority. Today, the VA has 3,700 officers, armed with millions of dollars’ worth of guns and ammunition including AR-15's, Sig Sauer handguns, and semi-automatic pistols.

4) Meanwhile, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agents carry the same sophisticated weapons platforms used by our Special Forces military warriors. The HHS gun locker is housed in a new “National Training Operations Center” – a facility at an undisclosed location within the DC beltway.

Our report quantified the $1.48 billion spent by 67 non-military federal agencies on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment from 2006-2014. 

This week, our organization at OpenTheBooks.com updated our data to include gun and ammo purchases over fiscal year 2015 and a partial FY2016. Spending on guns and ammo at 58 non-military federal agencies – including 40 regulatory, administrative agencies – amounted to $158 million.

Federal agencies spent $44 million on guns, including an “urgent” order for 20 M-16 Rifles with extra magazines at the Department of Energy ($49,559); shotguns and Glock pistols at the General Services Administration ($16,568); and a bulk order of pistols, sights, and accessories by the Bureau of Reclamation whose main job is to build dams, power plants, and canals ($697,182). 

Buying Bullets in Bulk – The government spent $114 million on ammunition, including bulk purchases by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ($66,927); the Smithsonian ($42,687); and the Railroad Retirement Board ($6,941). The Social Security Administration spent $61,129 on bullets including 50,000 rounds of ammunition plus 12-gauge buckshot and slug ammo.

The EPA special agents purchased ammunition for their .357 and 9mm revolvers and buckshot for their shotguns. While Bernie Sanders claimed that the biggest adversary to the United States was climate change, the EPA stood ready to fight in ways we couldn’t have imagined.

Hollow-Point Bullets – Despite being outlawed by the Geneva Convention, federal agencies spent $426,268 on hollow-point bullets, including orders from the Forest Service, National Park Service, Office of Inspector General, Bureau of Fiscal Service, as well as Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Marshals, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Department of Education (DOE) – The DOE is armed and ready with 88 law enforcement officers possessing arrest and firearm authority. They’ve purchased buckshot for their shotguns and 40-caliber ammunition for their Glocks. DOE special agents dress in body armor. Their spending on guns, ammunition and military-style equipment was up 25 percent during the last two years under the Obama Administration. Yet, in 2016, it took a pair of armed U.S. Marshals to arrest a man for his unpaid $1,500 student loan!

Department of the Interior – The agency’s mission is to "manage America's vast natural and cultural resources." However, over the last two years, the agency spent $4.4 million on guns and ammunition. Although the National Park Service is responsible for nearly half of this spending – mostly to arm its park police – six other bureaus and offices under the Department of Interior spent millions of dollars to amass firepower. 

The U.S. Geological Survey provides “real-time data and information on current conditions and earth observations.” Yet, the agency loaded up on Winchester Black Shadow shotguns and bulk ammunition. Even the Office of the Inspector General armed up – purchasing G27 Glocks, shotgun slugs, and frangible ammo.

Just who is U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service trying to sneak up on? The agency was created to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats – but they spent $410,263 on .308 rifles, Glock pistols, and semi-automatic rifles. Then, they modified their Glocks with silencers.

The Bureau of Fiscal Services – tasked with promoting the “financial integrity” of the government through accounting, financing, etc. – spent $672,424 on ammunition including hundreds of cases of .223 Rem 62 Grain Service Ammo, .40 caliber ammo, and buckshot. Additionally, they stocked up on Glock pistols, Remington firearms, and handgun magazine clips. 
:teehee

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #43532 on: September 15, 2019, 02:18:01 AM »
Stallman refers to mobile phones as "portable surveillance and tracking devices",[109] refusing to own a cell phone due to the lack of phones running entirely on free software.[110] He also avoids using a key card to enter his office building[52] since key card systems track each location and time that someone enters the building using a card. According to Stallman, with the exception of a few sites, such as his own website or sites related to his work with GNU and the FSF, he usually does not browse the web directly from his personal computer in order to prevent being connected with his browsing history. Instead, he uses GNU Womb's grab-url-from-mail utility, which can run on a separate system, and act as an email-based proxy to web sites: the user sends an e-mail which the script receives, the remote system downloads the web page content, and then the script emails the user the web page content.[111][112] More recently he stated that he accesses all web sites via Tor, except for Wikipedia (which generally disallows editing from Tor).[113][114]

This is the personal web site of Richard Stallman.
The views expressed here are my personal views, not those of the Free Software Foundation or the GNU Project.

If you want to send me GPG-encrypted mail, do not trust key servers! Some of them have phony keys under my name and email address, made by someone else as a trick. See gpg.html for my real key.
I am looking for a few more volunteers to help install new political notes on the site. If you'd like to help me in this way, please write to rms at gnu period org.
Is your bank pressuring you to use biometric ID? If so, please write to rms at gnu dot org. It could be useful if you document what is happening.
Bernie Sanders for President.
Vote Green in Australia.
Support the US Green Party.
Support the Citizens' Climate Lobby.
Please donate to the Free Software Foundation to support its work for your freedom.
"They" is plural — for singular antecedents, use singular gender-neutral pronouns.

damn, he isn't actually a libertarian

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #43533 on: September 15, 2019, 03:15:32 AM »
I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.

https://stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html#05%20June%202006%20(Dutch%20paedophiles%20form%20political%20party)

benjipwns

« Reply #43534 on: September 15, 2019, 03:36:28 AM »
The thing with Stallman is that his dogmatism dominates everything. Even in software he constantly shoots himself in the foot rather than consider any slight compromise no matter how temporary, compare to say Theo de Raadt who is similarly hardline (and arguably has a consistent world view unlike Stallman) but willing to engage in projects that move in a general direction even if not perfect on day one.

I really can't recall the last time anyone took Stallman's politics seriously, even when his cult was at its peak.

benjipwns

« Reply #43535 on: September 15, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »
Mike Pence has been cursed to become a werehorse:
On Friday at a policy retreat for House Republicans in Baltimore, Pence claimed he was bitten so hard on the arm by American Pharoah that he nearly collapsed. The point of the story was to offer a metaphor for Republicans' hopes of retaking the House next year.

“In our line of work, you’re going to get bit sometimes, but you keep fighting forward,” Pence said.

Pence said he was invited to grab Pharoah's reins, and that's when the bite happened. But farm manager Dermot Ryan said that type of behavior from Pharoah is not typical.

“If he gave someone a nasty bite, I’d know it,” Ryan told McClatchy DC.

benjipwns

« Reply #43536 on: September 15, 2019, 04:01:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1172858577951821825

Mr. President! Contact the director of the FBI and demand they finish investigating the hackers that put bigoted comments on Joy Reid's blog! #JusticeForJoyAndJussie

spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:05:47 AM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43537 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:04 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1173216300287635456

Trump has such wild and outrageous conspiracy theories. When is he going on the Rogan podcast?
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #43543 on: September 15, 2019, 12:43:44 PM »
___

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43546 on: September 15, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Props to the guy who selected this picture with the story.  :lol

They've since deleted this tweet, too offensive yadayada  :hmph
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43548 on: September 15, 2019, 01:20:26 PM »
 :mueller :mueller :mueller

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43549 on: September 15, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
You gotta admire the grift of these Twitter 'truth talkers'
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1173281674215481349

:trumps
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43550 on: September 15, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »

I really can't recall the last time anyone took Stallman's politics seriously, even when his cult was at its peak.

Struggle sessions over Stallman's shitty treatment of women are still going today :rejoice

https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1172283772428906496

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Libertarianism, is in fact, Libertarian/Pedophiles, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Libertarian plus Pedo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43551 on: September 15, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »

Struggle sessions over Stallman's shitty treatment of women are still going today :rejoice

https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1172283772428906496

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Libertarianism, is in fact, Libertarian/Pedophiles, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Libertarian plus Pedo.
Let's shorten it to Pedo+ for 2019.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43552 on: September 15, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/1173272745234165760

cnn about to do the impossible and get even worse  :doge

Cauliflower Of Love

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43554 on: September 15, 2019, 02:29:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/1173272745234165760

cnn about to do the impossible and get even worse  :doge
"Good morning Anderson how are things going at the White House?"

"The place is booming with high energy and everyone has a smile on their face Jake. The President is expected to land at any minute now. The excitement could not be bigger. What are you up to today?"

"We're going to do an interview with Larry Kudlow, the genius economic adviser of the President and Diamond and Silk are dropping by to talk about the health benefits of fracking. We close with an investigative report on the corruption at the highest levels of the deep state and we will have an exclusive reveal of the 2020 campaign hat tonight at 6 only on CNN"

"Sounds like a busy day Jake.... sniff"

"Are you crying Anderson?"

"I'm crying of JOY JAKE. I'm CRYING OF JOY"

"Lots of that going around here too buddy"
🤴

Propagandhim

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43556 on: September 15, 2019, 02:51:18 PM »
I've seen The Warriors, this story seems legit.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #43557 on: September 15, 2019, 02:51:49 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️