Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5433681 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Romney 2020 - Time to win like a dog!
« Reply #47160 on: November 23, 2019, 02:02:37 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47161 on: November 23, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »
i don't think there's a single person alive who cares about what Chris Matthews might call them
Have you heard of our president, Donald John Trump?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47162 on: November 23, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »
the real question is who got custody of vilerat's eve ships? were those also stolen from us by the clintons? :omg

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47163 on: November 23, 2019, 02:56:16 PM »

nunez :lol

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #47164 on: November 23, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »
the real question is who got custody of vilerat's eve ships? were those also stolen from us by the clintons? :omg

:nope Guristas
 :nope Angel Cartel
 :ohyeah Clinton crime family

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47165 on: November 23, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
We have now liberated the Twitter account

:beli

Kara

« Reply #47166 on: November 23, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
Looking forward to a passionate public debate about free speech!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/us/ILWU-Portland-Verdict-Bankruptcy.html

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heh
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47167 on: November 23, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »

nunez :lol

"I swear to god there's two people being paid by Russia. Nunes and Trump"

- The Current GOP minority leader

:drudge
Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital after chills and a fever

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:19:12 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47168 on: November 23, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
You know, perhaps the main thing that turned Republicans on Nixon was hearing the tapes of him ranting and sounding like a delusional, paranoid, angry, racist psycho
Unlikely, everyone in Washington was receiving those drunken late night Nixon rants for years. It was the most common way the power brokers of the GOP heard from Nixon while he was "on hiatus" from 1962-1968.

Much of the concern, from both parties and media members, was that people often agreed with him even if just to shut him up or said stuff. Pat Buchanan of all people admitted he regularly did this because he, of all people, couldn't stand just how racist and anti-semetic the "old man" could get and would try to get him onto another topic.

The LBJ tapes are similar. I can't remember the Senator or Governor or state now, but there's an infamous one where LBJ goes on like a ten minute long rant about some other country and how they're dicking him around instead of doing what he says, and then he pauses and goes "hmmm" and the guy on the other end suddenly realizes he's supposed to talk and says something about how it reminds him of those "damn Japs" and this sets LBJ off on another rant about Japan.

benjipwns

« Reply #47169 on: November 23, 2019, 11:33:15 PM »
Michael Bloomberg will not accept political donations if he runs for president and he will not take a salary if he wins, according to senior aides who offered new details on Saturday about the New York billionaire’s plans to navigate his wealth as he marches toward a formal 2020 announcement.

“He has never taken a political contribution in his life. He is not about to start,” Bloomberg chief adviser Howard Wolfson said in an interview. “He cannot be bought.”
Sounds... familiar.

benjipwns

« Reply #47170 on: November 23, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »
Another Democratic candidate, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, swiped at Bloomberg as she campaigned over the weekend in New Hampshire.

“He didn't want to deal with all of this grassroots campaigning from the beginning, you know that's on him. I think this is important,” Klobuchar said. She added, “I think that you want to have a candidate for president who's willing to go out, day after day, and talk to regular people like this.”

benjipwns

« Reply #47171 on: November 23, 2019, 11:47:51 PM »
I read a piece a couple years ago that I can't find now, that more and more MMOs were including language on this in their terms of service. I know there have been court cases, especially in Asia, over control of MMO assets among in-game organizations.

There was a divorce case a few years ago where there was a fight over including the husband's MMO assets in the total calculation or not.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the case of EVE, I'd be disappointed to find out that many of the user corporations didn't already have such documents and terms in place to handle estates.
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47172 on: November 24, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »
Another Democratic candidate, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, swiped at Bloomberg as she campaigned over the weekend in New Hampshire.

“He didn't want to deal with all of this grassroots campaigning from the beginning, you know that's on him. I think this is important,” Klobuchar said. She added, “I think that you want to have a candidate for president who's willing to go out, day after day, and talk to regular people like this.”

Swiped right or left? :thinking
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #47173 on: November 24, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »
SNL hired filler to write Tulsi in their sketch.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47175 on: November 24, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »
SNL hired filler to write Tulsi in their sketch.
This is so bad. Only Woody, Ferrell and the guy that plays Bernie seem to realize they're supposed to do comedy but Woody looks and acts nothing like Joe Biden.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #47176 on: November 24, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »
Official:

agrajag

« Reply #47178 on: November 24, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/23/joe-biden-hints-at-female-vp-but-cant-remember-any-prospects-names/amp/

The former assistant attorney general who got fired who was just in Delaware,” he began, an apparent reference to Sally Yates, who President Trump fired in 2017 when she refused to enforce his travel ban.

“The leader of the, uh, the woman who should’ve been the governor of Georgia, the African American woman,” he continued — meaning Stacey Abrams, who lost a governor’s race in 2018.

“The two senators from the state of New Hampshire,” he concluded. That would be Democratic Sens. Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan.

:whatisthis

benjipwns

« Reply #47179 on: November 24, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
"The Secretary of State, me and Barack worked with, not John Kerry, the other one."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47180 on: November 24, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47183 on: November 24, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
They trying to kill Papa Bernie!

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #47184 on: November 24, 2019, 12:37:31 PM »
Last time I gave a hippie money they came back with a balloon filled with magic gas that made me feel like Laika for 30 seconds
serge

agrajag

« Reply #47185 on: November 24, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »
"give $5 to this email"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47186 on: November 24, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #47188 on: November 24, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
What he livetweets fox shows with the door to his room closed now? Fat ass doesn't do anything besides that and shit himself golfing.
Hi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47189 on: November 24, 2019, 01:58:32 PM »
Does he think they can't wiretap the residence?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47190 on: November 24, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1198651340140040195

:neo

Will CNN put me on the air if I write a book about how Trump found the Arc of the Covenant buried at his golf course  8)
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #47191 on: November 24, 2019, 02:14:43 PM »
Lots of "words" in "quotes" :doge
Hi

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #47192 on: November 24, 2019, 03:04:55 PM »
a kin
rub

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47193 on: November 24, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »
But Trump defends Rudy.

"Everywhere Rudy goes there is corruption"  :trumps

🤴

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #47194 on: November 24, 2019, 05:30:03 PM »
Shouldn't Rudy's big brain take on insurance make Trump more likely to throw him under the bus sooner so he can get more dirt on Biden?

He would if he had spent the whole weekend reading up on onision drama. You can’t trust anyone anymore these days.
serge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47195 on: November 24, 2019, 06:47:44 PM »
Trump just fired the Secretary of the Navy by Tweet  :lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1198746376420679680
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #47196 on: November 24, 2019, 08:26:12 PM »
Finally, time to counter by purging the Democrats of William Jennings Bryan's influence and restore the Democratic Party's principles!

Wait, I mean without the

benjipwns

« Reply #47198 on: November 24, 2019, 10:08:56 PM »
With Michael Bloomberg now running for president, the news service that bears his name said Sunday it will not “investigate” him or any of his Democratic rivals, and Bloomberg Opinion will no longer run unsigned editorials.

Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait announced the new rules in a note to his news organization’s 2,700 journalists and analysts Sunday, shortly after the former New York City mayor announced his candidacy.
At his news service, Micklethwait said, Bloomberg reporters will still cover polls, policies and how the Bloomberg campaign is faring, much as it does for all candidates. But it will not do investigative stories on Bloomberg — or, to be fair, on any of the other Democratic contenders.

kingv

« Reply #47199 on: November 24, 2019, 10:39:26 PM »

kingv

« Reply #47200 on: November 24, 2019, 11:27:34 PM »
His positions look like basically every other Republican politicians he’s just using leftist rhetoric.

That is somewhat unusual.

Trump is sort of a cipher who doesn’t actually say any of the things his supporters give him credit for. I think his parseltongue mush mouth way of speaking helps him in that way.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47201 on: November 24, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »
Yeah, "Trumpism" in this sense is basically movement conservatism without the patina of libertarian rhetoric; Trump never talks about the magic of markets and told crowds he was the only GOP candidate who wouldn't cut Social Security or Medicare. Hawley, Tucker, and Steve Bannon are on this right-populist bandwagon where they pay lip service to the damage of unchecked capitalism and some journalists are taking it very seriously as a Struggle For The Soul Of The Republican Party.

In the end, it's the same program as Reagan-Bush conservatism: keep the big popular social programs in place while cutting labor/consumer/environmental protections (and probably still attaching work requirements/drug testing/time limits on programs aimed at the poor).

Hawley's probably going to get the same coverage that Paul Ryan got during his listening tour for poverty and will deliver roughly the same results.

benjipwns

« Reply #47202 on: November 25, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »
Hawley’s economic views are set apart from the left in part by his diagnosis of America’s problems. He sees social isolation and the erosion of local communal life—including church, family, neighborhoods, and labor unions—as intimately tied to declining economic opportunity for the middle class. “Economic policy and our communities and neighborhoods sit right together. They’re really intertwined,” Hawley told me.

And unlike most Democrats, Hawley argues that cultural pathologies have helped create this fractured political moment, particularly the cult of individualism that he says drives everything from public policy to pop culture. In a vision of America in which liberty is primarily about unlimited personal freedom, he said in his speech to the American Principles Project Foundation, “place and home don’t matter much, and civic participation is beside the point.” This same vision produces “economic policy focused on individual advancement, where advancement means making more money and consuming more stuff,” he said, according to his prepared remarks. “So in popular culture, billionaires become heroes, and the everyday working man becomes just some guy who never realized his potential.”
He sells himself as an ideas guy, casually citing the philosopher Edmund Burke and the Christian monk Pelagius in a single stretch. In his first year in office, he has broken with his GOP colleagues on a number of issues, including proposing regulations on big tech companies such as Facebook and Google and challenging the nomination of a D.C. Circuit Court judge, Neomi Rao, whom he deemed insufficiently pro-life.
“We must forge in this century a new politics of family and neighborhood, a new politics of love and belonging, a new politics of home,” he said in his speech this week. “That will mean rethinking old positions and revisiting old orthodoxies. It will mean challenging the old priorities of the political class.”

Kara

« Reply #47203 on: November 25, 2019, 12:09:17 AM »
Didn't have much of a foot in this camp in the heyday of Paul Ryan but for whatever it's worth Josh Hawley is seriously discussed by left Catholic intellectuals in a way I have a hard time imaging Paul Ryan ever could.

e: I mean serious ones not irony poisoned ones like Donald Hughes.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #47204 on: November 25, 2019, 12:31:53 AM »
Eh, there's a long history of 'right wing' or conservative populism in the United States. Mainly, the fuck you, I got mine kind of state and federal government picking who's eligible for aid. Best example I can currently think of is the farm aid bailout due to the tariff wars with various countries to protect by and large current supporters of trump

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #47205 on: November 25, 2019, 01:06:52 AM »
He sells himself as an ideas guy, casually citing...Pelagius
uhhh...like, favourably?

e: nope. this fits snugly with the too clever by half hot takes you see on First Things and (the zanier elements on) Patheos. not surprised the christian literati are marginally enamored.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:29:15 AM by jakefromstatefarm »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #47206 on: November 25, 2019, 01:08:40 AM »
It’s weird when your core belief is the same one shared by Marianne Williamson.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47208 on: November 25, 2019, 01:39:20 AM »
Hawley’s economic views are set apart from the left in part by his diagnosis of America’s problems. He sees social isolation and the erosion of local communal life—including church, family, neighborhoods, and labor unions—as intimately tied to declining economic opportunity for the middle class. “Economic policy and our communities and neighborhoods sit right together. They’re really intertwined,” Hawley told me.

And unlike most Democrats, Hawley argues that cultural pathologies have helped create this fractured political moment, particularly the cult of individualism that he says drives everything from public policy to pop culture. In a vision of America in which liberty is primarily about unlimited personal freedom, he said in his speech to the American Principles Project Foundation, “place and home don’t matter much, and civic participation is beside the point.” This same vision produces “economic policy focused on individual advancement, where advancement means making more money and consuming more stuff,” he said, according to his prepared remarks. “So in popular culture, billionaires become heroes, and the everyday working man becomes just some guy who never realized his potential.”
He sells himself as an ideas guy, casually citing the philosopher Edmund Burke and the Christian monk Pelagius in a single stretch. In his first year in office, he has broken with his GOP colleagues on a number of issues, including proposing regulations on big tech companies such as Facebook and Google and challenging the nomination of a D.C. Circuit Court judge, Neomi Rao, whom he deemed insufficiently pro-life.
“We must forge in this century a new politics of family and neighborhood, a new politics of love and belonging, a new politics of home,” he said in his speech this week. “That will mean rethinking old positions and revisiting old orthodoxies. It will mean challenging the old priorities of the political class.”

Hm... Interesting  :thinking

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47209 on: November 25, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
Secretary of the Navy accepted his firing like a boss.

Dear Mr.President

The rule of law is what sets us apart from our adversaries. Good order and discipline is what has enabled our victory against foreign tyranny time and again, from Captain Lawrence’s famous order ‘Don’t Give up the Ship,’ to the discipline and determination that propelled our flag to the highest point on Iwo Jima. The Constitution, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, are the shields that set us apart and the beacons that protect us all. Through my Title Ten Authority, I have strived to ensure our proceedings are fair, transparent and consistent, from the newest recruit to the Flag and General Officer level.

Unfortunately it has become apparent that in this respect. I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline. I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Therefore, with pride in the achievements we've shared, and everlasting faith in the continued service and fidelity of the finest Sailors, Marines and civilian teammates on earth, I hereby acknowledge my termination as United States Secretary of the Navy, to be effective immediately.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47211 on: November 25, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
Filler goes to pornhub specifically to jack off to Tulsi ads.
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #47212 on: November 25, 2019, 11:20:14 AM »
Eddie will retire peacefully is some Stalin shit
:O

kingv

« Reply #47213 on: November 25, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »
If the story about the Secnav going around the SECDEF straight to the President to arrange some sort of wide deal where they do a faux panel with a predetermined outcome is true.... that guy should be fired and the President was right to reject the offer.

If that story is true, honestly, his letter is kind of a joke and he doesn’t have any high horse to stand on.

But it could just be an elaborate smear from Trump.

The whole Eddie Gallagher thing is pretty awful all around. Guy should be shitcanned for what he did and the military sends dudes to NJP all the fucking time for less with less evidence.

But at the same time, there doesn’t seem to be any good guys in the story.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:15:19 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47215 on: November 25, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »
Too bad that fine upstanding American hero had to stand next to a slobbering animal.
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47217 on: November 25, 2019, 01:54:29 PM »
Literal G O D  E M P E R O R  M O D E
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47218 on: November 25, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
And to think Conan just got over his name being somewhat normal.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47219 on: November 25, 2019, 02:29:53 PM »
So how do you bridge the political divide of

"Donald Trump is basically god or at least American Jesus. He can turn a homeless person into a super model with the magic power of his tax cuts"

and

"Drumpf is an idiot and has stage 8 dementia but he's also a cunning Russian agent who has nearly completed his mission of destroying American democracy, the free press and the planet itself with his mind control powers"

🤴