Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5521451 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Trump Jr. SELF DROPPO
« Reply #7440 on: July 13, 2017, 02:37:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/885330686080675841

:heartbeat :american
Baghdad Bob is so fine these days.
ὕβρις

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Boredfrom

« Reply #7443 on: July 13, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/885330686080675841

:heartbeat :american
Baghdad Bob is so fine these days.

More like the Different Strokes version of O'Brien from 1984

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7444 on: July 13, 2017, 12:31:04 PM »
Depends what you're referring to specifically. Like, anything where he has to spend several hours listening to other people would drive him nuts, but the symbolic bits where you get all the pomp and circumstance of the office? The guy had a signing ceremony for a letter to Congress suggesting the outlines of a bill.
Oh yeah, and a lot of those are tied together, but mostly all that meeting with random groups. I was riffing off this picture but with Pence and others there I'm sure there was all kinds of shit before they took the picture. Have to meet these jerks and stuff. Trump, even in business/realityTV, never showed like he had the patience for that.

But yeah, the other stuff he's probably cool with, W. thought it was important as Presidential even if he didn't like it.

With Trump I noticed they take pictures of literally everything he signs, every executive order, every bill, etc. Though on the one I saw video of, he was like "alright? we got it? okay, out!" and handed it to Pence like "you too."

He'd probably spend all day watching cable news and tweeting about it if they didn't make him do stuff. He's right in the demographic age bracket for the former.

Speaking of which and mostly unrelated, I found out Dan Quayle is younger than Trump the other day.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7445 on: July 13, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
I like how Kellyanne Conway said yet

benjipwns

« Reply #7446 on: July 13, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
Rush Limbaugh says this fake news about there being Russian adoptions which nobody has ever mentioned before in human history (except on reason years ago fbm) proves that the media is afraid that there actually was a huge amount of information on Hillary's crimes out there and now they're trying to distract everyone

sounds bulletproof to me, lock her up

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7447 on: July 13, 2017, 02:41:42 PM »
Trump even bragged during a speech at the CIA headquarters in January about his cover count: "I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine."

(The actual record belongs to President Richard Nixon, who appeared on the cover 55 times. As of June 28, Trump had been on the cover 14 times, according to Time.)

Seems appropriate.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #7448 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »
Trump even bragged during a speech at the CIA headquarters in January about his cover count: "I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine."

(The actual record belongs to President Richard Nixon, who appeared on the cover 55 times. As of June 28, Trump had been on the cover 14 times, according to Time.)

Seems appropriate.

His CIA speech is probably one of the most stupid things he did early on. Dunno what was trying to accomplish, intimidation? Or calling for unity?, it did neither.

Tasty

« Reply #7449 on: July 13, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »

:obama

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7451 on: July 13, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »
You're still pretty hot for an old broad.
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #7452 on: July 13, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »
From the essential, indomitable Chuck Pierce

Right now, there are more Russians involved in this story than there are in War and Peace.
___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7453 on: July 13, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »
A Republican donor and operative from Chicago's North Shore who said he had tried to obtain Hillary Clinton's missing emails from Russian hackers killed himself in a Minnesota hotel room days after talking to The Wall Street Journal about his efforts, public records show.[/B]

In a room at a Rochester hotel used almost exclusively by Mayo Clinic patients and relatives, Peter W. Smith, 81, left a carefully prepared file of documents, which includes a statement police called a suicide note in which he said he was in ill health and a life insurance policy was expiring.

Days earlier, the financier from suburban Lake Forest gave an interview to the Journal about his quest, and it published stories about his efforts beginning in late June. The Journal also reported it had seen emails written by Smith showing his team considered retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, then a top adviser to Republican Donald Trump's campaign, as an ally. Flynn briefly was President Trump's national security adviser and resigned after it was determined he had failed to disclose contacts with Russia.

At the time, the newspaper reported Smith's May 14 death came about 10 days after he granted the interview. Mystery shrouded how and where he had died, but the lead reporter on the stories said on a podcast he had no reason to believe the death was the result of foul play and that Smith likely had died of natural causes.

However, the Chicago Tribune obtained a Minnesota state death record filed in Olmsted County that says Smith committed suicide in a hotel near the Mayo Clinic at 1:17 p.m. on Sunday, May 14. He was found with a bag over his head with a source of helium attached. A medical examiner's report gives the same account, without specifying the time, and a report from Rochester police further details his suicide.

In the note recovered by police, Smith apologized to authorities and said that "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" was involved in his death. He wrote that he was taking his own life because of a "RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017" and timing related "TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING."

One of Smith's former employees told the Tribune he thought the elderly man had gone to the famed clinic to be treated for a heart condition. Mayo spokeswoman Ginger Plumbo said Thursday she could not confirm Smith had been a patient, citing medical privacy laws.

Smith told the Journal he believed the missing emails might have had been obtained by Russian hackers. He also said he thought the correspondence related to Clinton's official duties. He told the Journal he worked independently and was not part of the Trump campaign. He also told the Journal he and his team found five groups of hackers — two of them Russian groups — who claimed to have Clinton's missing emails.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-peter-smith-death-met-0713-20170713-story.html

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7454 on: July 13, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »
Someone has to put a stop to these DNC hits. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

El Babua

« Reply #7456 on: July 13, 2017, 07:43:11 PM »
Damn if only the DNC was as good at getting people elected as they are at offing people.

Nola

« Reply #7457 on: July 13, 2017, 08:17:58 PM »
When I listened to the Lawfare podcast about the article, where they spoke to the author at length, he said they knew the cause of death but it wasn't going to be officially released for some time.

He mentioned he had no reason to suspect foul play, which made the sensationalist part of my brain think suicide at first but I honestly dismissed it. Hope somehow that life insurance policy wasn't excluding suicide.

....Also looks like someone else might have bit on Natalia Veselnitskaya's phishing, wonder who it was?

Two months before Donald Trump Jr.’s encounter with a Russian figure, a key House subcommittee chairman received a similar overture in Moscow offering derogatory information about a U.S. policy that was upsetting Vladimir Putin.

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican with a reputation as a Moscow ally in Congress, told The Hill the information he received in April 2016 came from the chief prosecutor in Moscow and painted an alternative picture of the Russian fraud case that led to the passage of anti-Russia legislation in Congress known as the Magnitsky Act.

“I had a meeting with some people, government officials, and they were saying, ‘Would you be willing to accept material on the Magnitsky case from the prosecutors in Moscow? ‘And I said, ‘Sure, I’d be willing to look at it,’” Rohrabacher recalled in an interview.
The congressman’s account provides the latest evidence that the overture to President Trump’s eldest son in June 2016 by a Russian lawyer named Natalia Veselnitskaya was part of a larger campaign by Moscow that predated the Trump Tower encounter and continued afterwards.

For reference it is this guy:

:neogaf

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #7458 on: July 13, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
trump makes more sense if you just think of him as a corpulent medieval king.

benjipwns

« Reply #7459 on: July 13, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »
This sentence is just goofy:
The congressman’s account provides the latest evidence that the overture to President Trump’s eldest son in June 2016 by a Russian lawyer named Natalia Veselnitskaya was part of a larger campaign by Moscow that predated the Trump Tower encounter and continued afterwards.
considering the earlier info of the piece that:
the information he received in April 2016 came from the chief prosecutor in Moscow and painted an alternative picture of the Russian fraud case that led to the passage of anti-Russia legislation in Congress known as the Magnitsky Act.
Russia's been lobbying against the Magnitsky Act since it was introduced in 2011 or 2012, they had hired a former WH Chief of Staff and reams of former Goldman Sachs people to do it. It's passage (Dana voted for it fwiw) is what led to the Russian-end adoption ban and counter visa bans. They even bothered to continue the trial and convict the guy even though he was killed in 2009 or something I think.

benjipwns

« Reply #7460 on: July 13, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »
Collecting life insurance on suicides can be borderline impossible at times.

IIRC even Heath Ledger's family spent years trying to collect his relatively meager policy (considering his career status) because the insurance company argued there was enough possible evidence of suicidal intent in his pre-overdose behavior.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7461 on: July 13, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »

IIRC even Heath Ledger's family spent years trying to collect his relatively meager policy (considering his career status) because the insurance company argued there was enough possible evidence of suicidal intent in his pre-overdose behavior.

He should have written Hillary's name in blood on the floor, and his family would already be cashing the check.
©@©™

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7462 on: July 13, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »

I think “payout on suicide after so many years of paying for insurance” isn’t uncommon. It’s been on every policy I’ve ever had, which is only 5, but 3 of them weren’t even very good policies, IMO.
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #7463 on: July 13, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »
I think this guys policy being on the verge of expiring might complicate things though.

I checked on the Ledger thing, in that case it was probably because he had just taken out the ($10 million) policy before shooting The Dark Knight, so he had barely paid anything towards it.

benjipwns

benjipwns

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7466 on: July 13, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »
https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/

(Image removed from quote.)

:rejoice

This is basically happening because PD voted for a Republican Governor.  #neverforget #alwaysremember
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #7467 on: July 13, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
There isn't any FEC filing of said rock.

Fake news and real cash grab.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #7468 on: July 14, 2017, 12:01:04 AM »
a real BORN FREE™ PIMP OF THE NATION™ wouldn't register with the BIG GOVERNMENT LIEBERALS in the FEC

:american

benjipwns

« Reply #7469 on: July 14, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »
Captain Jack Sparrow is running for Mayor of Minneapolis:
http://occupirate.blogspot.com/2013/08/captain-jack-sparrow-campaign-committee.html

His second plank seems like a winner:
Another way to prevent violence, is to stop glorifying the purveyors of violence, those from the past, as well as those in the present. In Europe, the Vikings went on a rampage, where they would attack undefended villages, killing everyone, including the women and children.

Even the clergy were killed in the name of Odin.  They were also in the Americas, initiating the genocidal activities towards the Native Americans, which was then continued after the arrival of Columbus, some 500 years later. The Vikings left a legacy of murder, rape and slavery wherever they went. I am calling for the elimination of  the word "Vikings" in the name of the Minnesota football team. See: Occupirate.blogspot.com: The name "Vikings" in Minnesota Vikings should be changed.

Tasty

« Reply #7470 on: July 14, 2017, 01:45:09 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7471 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:06 AM »
Captain Jack Sparrow is running for Mayor of Minneapolis:
http://occupirate.blogspot.com/2013/08/captain-jack-sparrow-campaign-committee.html

(Image removed from quote.)

His second plank seems like a winner:
Another way to prevent violence, is to stop glorifying the purveyors of violence, those from the past, as well as those in the present. In Europe, the Vikings went on a rampage, where they would attack undefended villages, killing everyone, including the women and children.

Even the clergy were killed in the name of Odin.  They were also in the Americas, initiating the genocidal activities towards the Native Americans, which was then continued after the arrival of Columbus, some 500 years later. The Vikings left a legacy of murder, rape and slavery wherever they went. I am calling for the elimination of  the word "Vikings" in the name of the Minnesota football team. See: Occupirate.blogspot.com: The name "Vikings" in Minnesota Vikings should be changed.

I suspect this man would be shocked to find out how real-world pirates treated their victims.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7472 on: July 14, 2017, 03:32:06 AM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/13/us/politics/trump-air-force-one-excerpt-transcript.html

One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.
ὕβρις

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #7473 on: July 14, 2017, 03:51:24 AM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/13/us/politics/trump-air-force-one-excerpt-transcript.html

One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.
what makes this even better is that the reporter on Air Force One thought this was off the record, and then Trump asked for these transcripts to be published.

etiolate

« Reply #7474 on: July 14, 2017, 04:06:57 AM »
I imagine that conversation ended with, "otherwise, how will Wile E Coyote ever catch that damn bird?""

benjipwns

« Reply #7475 on: July 14, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over.
Wow, I've seen these shitty Amazon last mile shipper videos and had a bad experience with one too. Glad to know we finally have a natural born President who cares about the issues facing the common folk like me again.

Nola

« Reply #7476 on: July 14, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
A Russian American lobbyist, who served in the Russian military in the past, said Friday that he was in the room for a June 2016 meeting between President Trump’s oldest son and a Kremlin-connected attorney.

The presence of Rinat Akhmetshin, adds to the number of people in attendance at the Trump Tower gathering that emerged this week as the clearest evidence so far of interactions between Trump campaign officials and Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russian-american-lobbyist-was-present-at-trump-jrs-meeting-with-kremlin-connected-lawyer/2017/07/14/1b96f25a-68aa-11e7-9928-22d00a47778f_story.html?utm_term=.2ba2fead58c1

All that transparency from Trump Jr. so probably just forgot to mention the Russian lobbyist with ties to Russian intelligence that was present(or the yet identified 6th person) at the meeting as well.

:trumps

......Can't wait til the investigation gets to the point where Trump and Co. are defending their deleting of emails.  :delicious

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7477 on: July 14, 2017, 03:11:17 PM »
we are so fucked
püp

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7478 on: July 14, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
we are so fucked

By the most flaccid of ding dongs.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7479 on: July 14, 2017, 07:42:47 PM »
I almost want this to happen so that Etoilet tries to defend it

"The real scandal is taping this without everyone's consent!"
yar

FStop7

« Reply #7480 on: July 14, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
The real scandal are those shitty fucking neckties

etiolate

« Reply #7481 on: July 14, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »
That green necktie is seriously clownsuit length.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7482 on: July 15, 2017, 12:18:04 AM »
Can we not discuss what men are wearing, please. It's 2017.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7483 on: July 15, 2017, 04:55:50 AM »
If you like your women from Stepford, sure.
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7484 on: July 15, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »

Leave it to Trump to discover the only not-totally-rad way to die from 60 pounds of drugs

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7485 on: July 15, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
So apparently there are 3 more people that were in the room for the Trump Jr meeting that haven't been identified yet :lol

edit: ok, maybe just 1. The translator and one other person have apparently been identified.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:55:51 AM by Human Snorenado »
yar

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7486 on: July 15, 2017, 07:49:06 AM »
Wait

Where do I have to go to get drugs thrown at me
dur

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7487 on: July 15, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »
Wait

Where do I have to go to get drugs thrown at me

YOU KNO WHERE SON

yar

benjipwns

« Reply #7488 on: July 15, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »
KING: I tell him that the establishment will tell their lies. They will try to keep him down. ... I tell him, ‘Now Mr. Trump, they’re treating you like a black man.’... I say, ‘Mr. President, you know what it’s like to be a black man. ... No matter what you say or do, you are guilty as hell.’
:mynicca

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:dolezal
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:bobby
[close]
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7489 on: July 15, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-bcra-20170714-story.html
Buyers of cheap Cruz plans would be locked out of the insurance market if they get sick. A little-noticed aspect of the Cruz proposal is that the cheap plans it allows would not qualify as legitimate insurance coverage under the GOP’s “continuous coverage” rules.

Those rules, embodied in both the House and Senate GOP repeal bills, guarantee coverage for preexisting conditions as long as the buyer maintains insurance coverage without a break of longer than two months. Under the Senate bill, anyone with such a lapse would face a six-month waiting period for new insurance before the preexisting condition guarantee would be effective.

That means that individuals who get sick and discover that their Cruz plan won’t cover their illness wouldn’t be able to buy full coverage for at least six months.

2010: "Obama wants the government rather than consumers to define what is and isn't insurance, enforcing arbitrary caps and mandating that people pay for services they won't use."

2017: "lmao of course your junk plan isn't real insurance."

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7490 on: July 15, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
lmao of course it does
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7491 on: July 15, 2017, 11:27:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/885770227514052608

In case it is deleted due to its questionable grammar:
Republicans Senators are working hard to get their failed ObamaCare replacement approved. I will be at my desk, pen in hand!

:picard

benjipwns

« Reply #7492 on: July 15, 2017, 11:32:51 PM »
You lieberals always assuming he's gotta be screwing up, lying or something instead of just telling it like it is. The Republican Senators' failed ObamaCare replacement.

agrajag

« Reply #7493 on: July 16, 2017, 01:28:44 AM »
Failed replacement indeed

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

benjipwns

« Reply #7495 on: July 16, 2017, 09:47:07 AM »
Hey, he once made a legally and financially troubled Alaskian family into multi-millionaires. And helped elect a black man to America's highest office.

AND helped dispose of a bunch of obsolete planes by dumping them on other nation's territory.

benjipwns

« Reply #7496 on: July 16, 2017, 10:46:13 AM »
fine fine, he did crash the one in what's technically our waters but blacking out part of Spain by hitting power lines more than makes up for it imo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7497 on: July 16, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »
"U.S. Secret Service rejects suggestion it vetted Trump son's meeting"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-trump-russia-idUKKBN1A10Q2

Trump's lawyer seems as much as a keeper than his boss.

ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7498 on: July 16, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.03375.pdf

A twitter tweet breakdown and analysis from the election. It's based on the most retweeted tweets to test which messages in social media went viral.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7499 on: July 16, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »
O god, the plebs found arxiv.