Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5453461 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
The sad part is Trump is depressingly boringly conservative in lots of his personal life. Kinda like W. was. Doesn't drink, claims to have never smoked a cigarette, is a germaphobe, actually liked the whole pageantry affair not just for the women, isn't even inventively racist, has like a strange private religiousness based around personal mentoring and meetings he always tried to keep hidden until he started running for the GOP, etc.

Even the pussy tape sounded to me like he was desperately trying to act cool with a young Bush.

You could probably convince me Pence does infinitely more blow off trans-dicks than Trump has even had sent to him on twitter.

Mandark

• Icon
I don't know why it's not part of our public discourse that he publicly asked for foreign intervention during the campaign. That's even before this came out with the indictments:

Equally bizarre how we've largely glossed over the email exchange about the Trump Tower meeting.

You have someone explicitly telling them that the Russian government is trying to help their campaign and an enthusiastic response from Don Jr. (for a meeting they did follow through on) and it didn't seem to move the needle at all.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
You could probably convince me Pence does infinitely more blow off [redacted] than Trump has even had sent to him on twitter.

There's a conspiracy theory that Mike Piss is in a relationship with someone in his orbit who (by his own admission) wasn't intimate with his wife for the first few years of their marriage. (I don't remember his name and I'm not looking it up because Mike Piss deserves the bare minimum of my finite time on Earth until he's tried by a people's tribunal.) Like a lot of #resistance stuff it stinks of weaponized homophobia by people who didn't think people who weren't straight were people 10-15 years ago.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
DP :phil

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Like a lot of #resistance stuff it stinks of weaponized homophobia
uh, what?
每天生气

benjipwns

DP :phil
ARE YOU CONTRIBUTING TO MY DELINQUENCY ON PURPOSE?

Kara

Like a lot of #resistance stuff it stinks of weaponized homophobia
uh, what?

You've never seen a "Trump and Putin are gay for each other" meme?

shosta

I'd hardly call that "weaponized homophobia". It's just ridicule.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
There's a conspiracy theory that Mike Piss is in a relationship with someone in his orbit who (by his own admission) wasn't intimate with his wife for the first few years of their marriage. (I don't remember his name and I'm not looking it up because Mike Piss deserves the bare minimum of my finite time on Earth until he's tried by a people's tribunal.) Like a lot of #resistance stuff it stinks of weaponized homophobia by people who didn't think people who weren't straight were people 10-15 years ago.

I'm not as principled about spending my time on Pence. 5-10 minutes of Googling didn't turn anything up so it doesn't seem to have much traction at this point.

Considering some of the search term combinations I used, very glad I thought to open an incognito window.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I'd hardly call that "weaponized homophobia". It's just ridicule.
there's nothing fun about this thread, there was never anything fun about this thread, the premise is now stale and has devolved into never-ending harassment. Some of you might find this ironic because of the :beak stuff but there is such a thing as "being better" than someone else. Just let the dude save face and lock the thread.
I demand consistency, human.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I don't know why it's not part of our public discourse that he publicly asked for foreign intervention during the campaign. That's even before this came out with the indictments:

Equally bizarre how we've largely glossed over the email exchange about the Trump Tower meeting.

You have someone explicitly telling them that the Russian government is trying to help their campaign and an enthusiastic response from Don Jr. (for a meeting they did follow through on) and it didn't seem to move the needle at all.
Because it shows that the higher echelon of the campaign did not know what the Russians were up to.

It basically confirms the line that they were 'unwitting agents' or 'useful idiots' if you will. Not that they knowingly committed treason or were aware of a grander scheme.
It's about as bizarre as Kushner and Flynn trying to set-up a communication line with the Russians after the election. And the Russians weren't interested and told them it was probably illegal.

Not to mention the episode where the CIA/NSA tried to recover a cyber weapon from a Russian spy in Berlin and the Russian broker was instead trying to sell them dirt on Trump.

Also the story on Mike Flynn is that he was honeypotted by Russian intelligence. Based on the infamous RT dinner photo where he's sitting next to an unknown Russian lady.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
Because it shows that the higher echelon of the campaign did not know what the Russians were up to.

You realize those emails were to set up a meeting, right? Then they had the meeting?

Maybe if the Russians were operating out of a secret forest hideout with "rape trees" that would change things for you.

Kara

I'm not as principled about spending my time on Pence. 5-10 minutes of Googling didn't turn anything up so it doesn't seem to have much traction at this point.

Considering some of the search term combinations I used, very glad I thought to open an incognito window.

Mandark, nothing advocated or proposed in the social media waters I float in ever gets any traction. Know your narrator!

shosta

I demand consistency, human.
I'm not against ridicule as long as it's fun!
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Here's Flynn sitting next to his alleged 'honeypot'. The woman who happens to be the editor in chief for RT.

Which would explain his frequent appearances on the channel

Anyhow someone has decided to 'follow the money'
https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/1018221264077541378

Interesting thread.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:29:35 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

Here's Flynn sitting next to his alleged 'honeypot'. The woman who happens to be the editor in chief for RT.

That's also the back of Jill Stein's head!!!!

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
You could probably convince me Pence does infinitely more blow off [redacted] than Trump has even had sent to him on twitter.

Like a lot of #resistance stuff it stinks of weaponized homophobia by people who didn't think people who weren't straight were people 10-15 years ago.

Time is a flat circle.

benjipwns

Anyhow someone has decided to 'follow the money'

Interesting thread.
@DaveGralnik
 1h1 hour ago

Replying to @resisterhood
The sad/scary part will be how to deal with proven election fraud?  Can't just wind everything back to undo the appointments and other damage.
but is it, Dave?

VomKriege

• Do the moron

That's also the back of Jill Stein's head!!!!

Jill Stein would make a decent GILF honey pot.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
There's also Cambridge Analytica. Now known to have been running a con.
However they managed to get results with 'data' which was their 'secret sauce' that fed the Trump campaign's Facebook operation.

https://twitter.com/onetruebritt/status/1018258769078190080

People assume that the 'Organization' mentioned in Muellers indictment is Wikileaks but what if it was Cambridge Analytica instead? 
Feeding the Trump campaign with the voter data the Russians hacked from the DNC. Targeting Obama voters via Facebook who were obviously identified by the DNC and flip them to the other side.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
Jeff Gannon, that's a name I've not heard in a long time...

benjipwns

mods help

Kara

Time is a flat circle.
(Image removed from quote.)

The only certainties in life are death, taxes, white weenie, and deprecatory accusations that the president is gay.

kingv

You realize those emails were to set up a meeting, right? Then they had the meeting?

Maybe if the Russians were operating out of a secret forest hideout with "rape trees" that would change things for you.

Agreed that those emails seem to show exactly the opposite of what Nintex is saying. IMO, the meeting and the emails around it were basically all you need to prove collusion. That WAS the conspiracy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
It would also explain why Facebook send their people to Cambridge Analytica as soon as the Channel 4 story broke.
Because they knew from their work on the Trump campaign that Alexander Nix's algorithm was a load of bullshit and they ran their operation on stolen data.
In fact their actual work was very ineffective overall according to Parscale and even other 'independent' experts who looked at the ads they ran and the results.
Their spiel about reading into data and figuring out interests wasn't new in data analytics. In the end the big mystery was always where Nix got his data from to run his analysis on.

At the same time it would uncover why and how Cambridge Analytica got resources to offer their other far less legal 'services' they were peddling to the undercover journalists of Channel 4.
Cambridge Analytica was a front for or at least colluding with the GRU.

Agreed that those emails seem to show exactly the opposite of what Nintex is saying. IMO, the meeting and the emails around it were basically all you need to prove collusion. That WAS the conspiracy.
My point is that if the starting of focal point is the e-mails you skip the entire Carter Page, Papedoulous something, Roger Stone, Manafort etc. show .
Basically it would mean that it all began with that lady reaching out to Don Jr. to peddle some secrets about Clinton.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:04:10 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

I think Nintex is the FBI plant trying to get us to agree to his criminal conspiracy.

kingv is blatant CIA.

shosta

What is Optimus, PETA?
每天生气

kingv

Oh, I don’t think that there is enough information out there about Papadopolous or Carter Page to figure out exactly what role they played, unless you basically just assume that they are the people referenced in the dossier and that it is accurate.

I will say Carter Page sure acts like he is really guilty of something, and Papadopolous’s whole situation is crazy. His fiancée claims to be Italian but she looks Eastern European and sounds Eastern European.

He also cut a deal, so he must have known something to offer in the proffer. We either haven’t seen what he has proffered yet or he knew the details of the hacking, meaning he was helping to organize the hacking.

I just mean the trump tower meeting is all you need to see to know that there was illegal coordination. Setting up the meeting was likely a crime.

agrajag

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that various members of Trump's campaign team/inner circle are corrupt/stupid enough to collude at various points of time with the Russians or other hostile actors independently and unbeknownst of one another.

kingv

One thing that should be very clear at this point is that Mueller knows a lot more than the media does at this point.

So speculating that something is or is not true because you have not seen the evidence of it is not necessarily a very safe bet.

Two days ago, nobody knew for sure who hacked the emails and Mueller has probably known for months who did it, who they worked for, how they did it, what their user names were, and who ran their twitter accounts.

benjipwns

I just mean the trump tower meeting is all you need to see to know that there was illegal coordination. Setting up the meeting was likely a crime.
:foodcourt

Mandark

• Icon
real talk your take on that meeting is just as dumb

shosta

Papadopolous’s whole situation is crazy. His fiancée claims to be Italian but she looks Eastern European and sounds Eastern European.
Besides the fact that you just described Slovenia, it's worth examining this sentence and reevaluating the solidity of your suspicions.
每天生气

Kara

Mandark

• Icon
Papadopolous’s whole situation is crazy. His fiancée claims to be Italian but she looks Eastern European and sounds Eastern European.
Besides the fact that you just described Slovenia, it's worth examining this sentence and reevaluating the solidity of your suspicions.

Yeah, broad assumptions about ethnicity (or assumptions on the ethnicity of broads) are going in the international politics thread currently.

Mandark

• Icon
Police officer shot and killed someone in Chicago. There are protesters and a ton of police at the scene and things are getting chippy.

It's nuts that Rahm Emanuel wasn't destroyed politically by the Laquan McDonald shooting.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1018158170945019905

If the Trump campaign used democrat analytics and data they knew to be stolen by Russian officials/agents/etc...surely that qualifies as collusion? Seems to me like that would result in indictments for multiple Trump officials who signed off on this, Cambridge Analytica (who used the data in their models), and perhaps even some RNC officials.

benjipwns

His fiancée claims to be Italian but she looks Eastern European and sounds Eastern European.
...S-Se...Serbian?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nola

I think everyone should remember back to the first Russian indictments, and what the Mueller team charged the Internet Research Agency with: Conspiracy to Defraud the United States:

If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.

The statute is broad enough in its terms to include any conspiracy for the purpose of impairing, obstructing or defeating the lawful function of any department of government . . . (A)ny conspiracy which is calculated to obstruct or impair its efficiency and destroy the value of its operation and reports as fair, impartial and reasonably accurate, would be to defraud the United States by depriving it of its lawful right and duty of promulgating or diffusing the information so officially acquired in the way and at the time required by law or departmental regulation.
Hass, 216 U.S. at 479-480. In Hammerschmidt, Chief Justice Taft, defined "defraud" as follows:

To conspire to defraud the United States means primarily to cheat the Government out of property or money, but it also means to interfere with or obstruct one of its lawful governmental functions by deceit, craft or trickery, or at least by means that are dishonest. It is not necessary that the Government shall be subjected to property or pecuniary loss by the fraud, but only that its legitimate official action and purpose shall be defeated by misrepresentation, chicane or the overreaching of those charged with carrying out the governmental intention.

This is likely one of the laws where people like Don Jr., Kushner, and if anything happened in terms of sharing the hacked Democratic analytical data with members of the Trump team as part of their emphasis on social media campaigning, are likely to get hit with. That seems to be what the Mueller team has decided is the legal avenue for prosecuting "collusion."

Mandark

• Icon
We'll find out when it happens and I'm cool with waiting.

Nola

I think you're reading way too much into the Flynn plea bargain. He has a whole bunch of stuff unrelated to Russia or Trump that he potentially could face charges for.

His plea is still one of the most baffling things in this, especially if he was central to any kind of conspiracy. Doubly so if his statement that there were no side-deals isn't just another stupid lie.

It almost makes you wonder if he's been told that a husband and wife cannot be charged for the same crime.

We had this one out before and I probably am even more convinced in my thinking today, but there is very little chance in my mind that Flynn is getting a plea deal that is anything but trading up, and trading up regarding Mueller's primary objective in his investigation. It's just not how Mueller operates from everything I continue to read, or from what I have gleaned, any prosecutor really. In any other investigation like this Flynn would be a big catch, so for him to get off so easy it is hard to imagine he isn't giving something up significant. The only possible other explanation I have heard, but it seems reckless, is that Flynn was a stalking horse for other potential witnesses, a "see if you cooperate we will give you the Flynn deal, if you don't you can get the Manafort treatment," hoping to lure an actual big fish....But then who would you really be targeting?

Also doesn't mean he rolled on Trump per se, honestly probably not(or at least not enough) given how bad they wanted to flip Manafort, but there are a lot of very interesting avenues you could imagine Flynn rolling over and it fingering Trump, also plenty where it is some other person, but there aren't exactly a whole lot of fish in this pond bigger than the former National Security Advisor.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:16:15 PM by Nola »

agrajag

Quote from: Nola
imagine Flynn rolling over and fingering Trump

:whew

Kara

His fiancée claims to be Italian but she looks Eastern European and sounds Eastern European.
...S-Se...Serbian?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

All these fools forgetting about the Free Territory of Trieste. :beli

kingv

:foodcourt

You should explain how knowingly taking a meeting with a representative of a foreign government to get dirt on your political opponent squares with FEC laws.

Here is the relevant portion(s) straight from the FEv website:

The Act and Commission regulations include a broad prohibition on foreign national activity in connection with elections in the United States. 52 U.S.C. § 30121 and generally, 11 CFR 110.20. In general, foreign nationals are prohibited from the following activities:

Making any contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or making any expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement in connection with any federal, state or local election in the United States;
Making any contribution or donation to any committee or organization of any national, state, district, or local political party (including donations to a party nonfederal account or office building account);
Making any disbursement for an electioneering communication;
Making any donation to a presidential inaugural committee.
Persons who knowingly and willfully engage in these activities may be subject to an FEC enforcement action, criminal prosecution, or both.

Soliciting, accepting, or receiving contributions and donations from foreign nationals

The Act prohibits knowingly soliciting, accepting or receiving contributions or donations from foreign nationals. In this context, "knowingly" means that a person:

Has actual knowledge that the funds solicited, accepted, or received are from a foreign national;
Is aware of facts that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the funds solicited, accepted, or received are likely to be from a foreign national; or
Is aware of facts that would lead a reasonable person to inquire whether the source of the funds solicited, accepted or received is a foreign national.
Pertinent facts that should cause the recipient of a contribution or donation to question whether it was given by a foreign national include, but are not limited to the following: a donor or contributor uses a foreign passport, provides a foreign address, makes a contribution from a foreign bank, or resides abroad. Commission regulations provide for a safe harbor: obtaining a copy of a current and valid U.S. passport would satisfy the duty to inquire whether the funds solicited, accepted, or received are from a foreign national.

A plain reading of the rules says that

1) The Russian government was clearly offering a thing of value in the email.
2) everybody in that meeting knew that they were offering a thing of value
3) the whole purpose of the meeting was for the Russians to give something to help the trump campaign.

If someone says opposition research doesn’t have value, that’s obviously wrong because people pay large amounts for it. It seems to be a very obvious violation of election law.

kingv

If your response is along the lines of “the campaign can’t accept funds, but the foreign nationals can’t contribute things of value” I would encourage you to look up misprision of a felony and realize that covering up the meeting and not reporting was also probably a crime.

Edit: Just know imma gloat when a future indictment cites the meeting  :doge
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:38:11 AM by kingv »

kingv

They’re all white, I’m punching up.

Mandark

• Icon
Two stories we haven't covered in this thread:

Jim Jordan ignoring warnings of sexual abuse of college wrestlers back in the day.

Michael Cohen was maybe not useless to Novartis.

Nola

Two stories we haven't covered in this thread:

Jim Jordan ignoring warnings of sexual abuse of college wrestlers back in the day.

Michael Cohen was maybe not useless to Novartis.

Damn, just googled this, somehow I missed this newest bit completely.

agrajag

Is Jim Jordan likely to face any serious repercussions? I heard this story making the rounds in some news outlets, but it seems like it's going to fizzle out..

Also, I watched a bunch of the Strzok testimony and it certainly didn't go the way the Republicans were expecting it to.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Is Jim Jordan likely to face any serious repercussions? I heard this story making the rounds in some news outlets, but it seems like it's going to fizzle.

Same. I thought this was going to be a thing, but it seems the story got quiet fast. It was a big deal when Hastert got busted raping wrestlers, right?
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Nevermind guys, case closed. Diamond and Silk have blown it wide open.

BOMBSHELL: Forensic Analysis Shows Clinton Emails Funneled to ‘Foreign Entity’
https://diamondandsilk.americandailynews.org/2018/07/13/bombshell-forensic-analysis-shows-clinton-emails-funneled-to-foreign-entity/

:drudge

The hardest part was smuggling the emails over the border
:9

Kara

It was a big deal when Hastert got busted raping wrestlers, right?

If only.

Mandark

• Icon
I think Jordan might be in the running for a leadership spot next year? If so this could impact that.

But otherwise his colleagues seem to have rallied around him and the general lack of sympathy for strong, technically adult young men as the victims probably mean it won't get a ton of traction. Would love to be wrong, but Penn St. fans still stan Paterno.

benjipwns

https://diamondandsilk.americandailynews.org/2018/07/13/bombshell-forensic-analysis-shows-clinton-emails-funneled-to-foreign-entity/

benjipwns

First Last
6 hours ago
Alex, you need to stop losing your temper and taking the Lord's name in vain.  You do it a lot and it really undermines your Christian assertion.

VomKriege

• Do the moron

lol. The only censorship occurring in America is censorship of criticism of Israel and the Jewish Jesuits.

Screw you you crazy Jews!

Yeah, they let a few guys like me come on here they thinking we'd make nice controlled opposition, but that backfired. Instead of their being just 25-million informed Americans the satanic Jews want to depopulate...we woke up 200-million in the US alone, billions worldwide, we blew hole in their diabolical plan, done. Now they'll have to kill off the entire US population and most of Earth but there will no slaves left for them to exploit!

Alex, you said you support Israel so you are on the BDS list, bro.

If you ever get back to doing real news and you expose Israel and the Jewish Jesuits (the synagogue of satan), we'll take into consideration an investment in Infowars products. Till then...suck wind u...u...baby killer.

Why single out one of the triple threat fraudsters from the middle east ?

Saudi Arabia bankrolled the Clinton Campaign, and 9-11 attacks.

Pope Vatican City attacks USA mobilizing their army of poor Latinos to attack Texas and all southern states.

It is time for Planet EARTH to remove the middle east infestation from the surface.

Unbelivable how much power they were given just because of oil and the fallen roman empire.

EARTH MUST FREE ITSELF
from all the discusting
child sexual mutilation mythologies.
It is a sick ritualistic human sacrifice of holding down small children and sawing off bloody chunks of their genitals...
WHAT THE FK IS WRONG WITH THEM ?

Cutting up babies is disgusting. Muslims chopping on girls and Hebrews mutilating little boys.
And too much to list for the
death cult Catholics...
Who does this ? WHY?

WHY THE HELL DO PARENTS NOT FIGHT BACK AGAINST THESE DISGUSTING SATANIC PRACTICES?

I DON'T CARE WHY.
ARREST Rabbis Priests and Others performing these sick fk bloody evil rituals against children.

3000 years of these three sick cults have brought nothing but war and death to our Planet Earth.

END The practice of these sick memes from twisted goat & sheep farmers.

DROP THE KNIFE, 'HOLY MAN' !
and BAN these death cults' mythology ritualistic child sexual mutilation practices.

Phoenix Dark spitting fire in the Infowars comment section  :whew
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Alex is the best. The first 10 minutes is so so but then he gets ANGRY
- Internet censorship
- CNN is deciding what is real or fake news
- Juncker - The airforce of the Nazi's wants to destroy America
- Way worse than Nazi's the people that created the Nazi's
- Juncker owns Luxembourg, probably the richest guy in the world next to Rothschild
- I don't care about Christian complaining about my cussing
- Fringe viking mix with the normans and started with political correctness in England to ban words
- They're coming for your speech on tuesday!
- TRUMP and I agree on this and we'll keep winning

Why isn't Alex the White House press secretary yet?  :fbm

Also FBI layer Strzok is a scary motherfucker. Looks like he escaped straight from Arkham to tell Riddles to the Batman

🤴

warcock

mods help

WHAT? If you can still muster an erection, you were literally made to fuck the communist out of her. Opposites attract. Show her da way.