Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449153 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #42300 on: August 26, 2019, 12:38:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/peltzmadeline/status/1164371670083219456

The Dersh must be an intelligence asset because he acts like he can't go to jail for the stupid shit he says.

Occam

« Reply #42301 on: August 26, 2019, 01:07:37 AM »
To be fair republicans will have a resurgence regardless of who wins in 2020. We're staring a recession down...does anyone honestly think President Warren is going to raise taxes during one? We're going to see a replay of 2009 - not in terms of recession severity but in terms of a new president passing a stimulus to spur the economy while republicans go insane.

My question: will democrats get rid of the filibuster? Without doing that there is no hope of getting anything of value done. Even the most rosy of scenarios would leave democrats with what, 51-53 senate seats on January 20th, 2021? And of course eliminating the filibuster would put all of the gains in peril in a few years when another republican sweeps into office promising to MAGA,

Why even play this game? R President brings country to brink of (or full-on) recession, D President has to fix it by being fiscally responsible and putting rules in place preventing totally uninhibited plundering by corporate oligarchs/bankers leading people to vote R back into office because they are morons. Repeat ad nauseam.
The next Democratic US president should simply start spending money like crazy. That's how you do it now in the US. You just create however much money you want and hope it doesn't all crash and burn because we all continue to believe a dollar is worth a dollar, no matter by how much you increase the amount. Public debt? It's meaningless. Just add more zeroes.
It's unfortunate that the destruction of our habitat is currently at hand requiring actual adult supervision, otherwise I'd say, just let R have the recession they worked so very hard to create and let Trump stay in office.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:57:32 AM by Occam »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #42302 on: August 26, 2019, 01:49:17 AM »
Biden's still the front runner, but I'm more worried if he's really is in early on dementia and sundowning instead of bombing in the polls. I really hope he's health and of sound mind, and if he's not, then his campaign has the good sense of pulling the plug. But I also doubt that because recent history has shown you can win with a candidate that has diminished capacities from his prime because whatever internal script his mind can process is good enough to convince people that they can take a chance on him.
There's a new embarrassing incoherent clip of him circulating like everyday now. The DNC seems to have a bunch of semi establishment people running in a 'throw whoever at the wall and hopefully one of them sticks' approach. Is Biden the chosen one cause 'bama's bud? Is it Kamala cause she has some of Hill's old staff on her campaign? Bootyjudge cause...?  :doge
Hi

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #42303 on: August 26, 2019, 01:50:42 AM »
Biden's still the front runner, but I'm more worried if he's really is in early on dementia and sundowning instead of bombing in the polls. I really hope he's health and of sound mind, and if he's not, then his campaign has the good sense of pulling the plug. But I also doubt that because recent history has shown you can win with a candidate that has diminished capacities from his prime because whatever internal script his mind can process is good enough to convince people that they can take a chance on him.

well, there is always his VP
(vice)President Harris and Shadow President Obama

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #42306 on: August 26, 2019, 06:54:02 AM »
Breh really wants to be the second president to use nukes on something, anything :notlikethis

Jeffrey Epstein's island ?
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #42307 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »
*Bernie voice*

DNC
It's easy as one two three
It's simple as you pay me
DNC
Hil la ry
Baby you and me yeah!

:rodney

...have your fucking like. :hmph

kingv

« Reply #42308 on: August 26, 2019, 09:26:52 AM »
To be fair republicans will have a resurgence regardless of who wins in 2020. We're staring a recession down...does anyone honestly think President Warren is going to raise taxes during one? We're going to see a replay of 2009 - not in terms of recession severity but in terms of a new president passing a stimulus to spur the economy while republicans go insane.

My question: will democrats get rid of the filibuster? Without doing that there is no hope of getting anything of value done. Even the most rosy of scenarios would leave democrats with what, 51-53 senate seats on January 20th, 2021? And of course eliminating the filibuster would put all of the gains in peril in a few years when another republican sweeps into office promising to MAGA,

Keeping the filibuster is a dumb idea for Democrats, and they hopefully realize that after the last few years.

The filibuster is not a meaningful impediment for what the Reublicans want to do, because they can defund anything and cut taxes just through reconciliation. But it’s a huge impediment for Democrats.

But since getting rid of it is an obviously good idea, they will definitely Keep it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42309 on: August 26, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »

:tocry

Tasty

« Reply #42310 on: August 26, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
youtube.com/watch?v=n7vedsc92PA

Is this a bit or your actual...being? The Tulsi posts, the weird "haha Warren stole xyz from Sanders" memes...the idea that the DNC has selected any candidate to win...I've been away for awhile so I just want to double check if this is ironic or are you actually dumb now.

Sanders is falling in most polls (as is Biden). Warren has been gaining in most polls. I'm no conspiracy theorist but it sure seems like the endgame certain people want is that Warren wins the nom, extremist Bernie bros cry foul and declare they will never vote for her...then Tulsi runs third party and they vote for her instead.
 :hitler

I don't think this is some massive threat to Warren. Nobody is being handed the nomination, most Bernie supporters seem to like Warren, Warren clearly has the support of the base to run a very active and engaged campaign, etc. I just find it very weird. People from Sanders' camp were attacking her a few weeks ago, and this week Susan Sarandon directly attacked Warren at a Sanders event...but this seems like a shortsighted and stupid strategy given how popular Warren is with younger voters, liberals, leftists, activists, etc. This isn't Hillary Clinton, and running that playbook isn't gonna work...

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #42311 on: August 26, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »

Keeping the filibuster is a dumb idea for Democrats, and they hopefully realize that after the last few years.

The filibuster is not a meaningful impediment for what the Reublicans want to do, because they can defund anything and cut taxes just through reconciliation. But it’s a huge impediment for Democrats.

But since getting rid of it is an obviously good idea, they will definitely Keep it.

Let dems remove it and put it back in when it looks like the gop is getting the majority back.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #42313 on: August 26, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
HIllary has a twitter?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #42314 on: August 26, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »
HIllary has a twitter?

Tell me if you heard that one : Yes and she's actually better at this than Donald J. Trump.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #42315 on: August 26, 2019, 12:42:20 PM »
It's not a totally wacky idea. It's energy redirection.

The problem is that all it does is create godzillas.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42316 on: August 26, 2019, 12:49:25 PM »
HIllary has a twitter?

Tell me if you heard that one : Yes and she's actually better at this than Donald J. Trump.

Trump's twitter is a work of art. The terrible use of hashtags, mountains of meme and Fox News retweets, the misspellings and the horribly cut out avatar.
He also started the trend to call yourself @real[NAME] if your account was already taken and his username (DonaldTrump) actually wasn't.  :snob
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #42317 on: August 26, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
The fact that Obama has 40m more twitter followers than the king of morons must chafe dotard everyday. Obama has more than @potus and @droolingsdipshitsthinkI'msmart combined. :obama
©ZH

Trent Dole

Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42320 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »
tfw Biden can't remember the debate questions CNN send to him  :pika
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #42322 on: August 26, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »
temper your expectations, it has a sample size of 298 people and it's a national poll, not exactly useful for primaries.

edit: correction, it's a poll of 800 people, with 298 of which identify as Democrats or Democratic-leaning
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:43:25 PM by agrajag »

Trent Dole

« Reply #42323 on: August 26, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
Biden still sux tho. :punch :gun
Hi

agrajag

« Reply #42324 on: August 26, 2019, 01:51:13 PM »
that he does

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42325 on: August 26, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1166035715253297155

But I was told by Poligaf that black people hated Sanders  ???
🤴

Trent Dole

« Reply #42326 on: August 26, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »
Poligaf is full of centrist fauxgressive DNC trash then. :doge
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #42327 on: August 26, 2019, 02:18:56 PM »
He also started the trend to call yourself @real[NAME] if your account was already taken and his username (DonaldTrump) actually wasn't.  :snob

No he didn't, you dope.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #42328 on: August 26, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1166035715253297155

But I was told by Poligaf that black people hated Sanders  ???

When Poliera tells you something, you need to immediately shoot yourself in the head for visiting poliera.

:O

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #42329 on: August 26, 2019, 03:06:12 PM »
Visiting PoliGAF before the exodus :nope

Visiting GAF now for politics :nope

Visiting PoliERA :nope

Discussing politics on the Bire :nope
ὕβρις

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #42330 on: August 26, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1166033264093618177

Time for Biden to drop out so the party can get united behind Marianne Williamson

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #42331 on: August 26, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Yeah there’s basically 0 chance Biden wins now. I have to imagine almost all Warren voters go to Sanders, or all Sanders go to Warren, but that’s basically double what Joe has. Feels good man.

Cancel this college debt for ya boy :rejoice

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #42332 on: August 26, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
What happened to make Sanders surge?

He went on that podcast that the political geniuses at resetera said was the worst mistake of all time.
:O

kingv

« Reply #42333 on: August 26, 2019, 04:44:46 PM »

Let dems remove it and put it back in when it looks like the gop is getting the majority back.

My eyes were really opened during the reconciliation to cancel the ACA and the trumo tax bill.I was legitimately surprised what the parliamentarian let through.

You can do fucking anything through reconciliation as long it involves spending less money.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #42334 on: August 26, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »
Yeah there’s basically 0 chance Biden wins now.

We're still a bit too early to say that, aren't we?

Extremely too early

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #42336 on: August 26, 2019, 04:57:55 PM »
Yeah there’s basically 0 chance Biden wins now.

We're still a bit too early to say that, aren't we?

Let me be hopeful

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #42337 on: August 26, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »
Lookin at my Bernie shares today

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #42338 on: August 26, 2019, 06:17:52 PM »
But sure, listen to donors you distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42339 on: August 26, 2019, 06:43:37 PM »
What happened to make Sanders surge?

He went on that podcast that the political geniuses at resetera said was the worst mistake of all time.

He's no bidening out.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42340 on: August 26, 2019, 06:54:01 PM »

:pimp fix your PC tho, bae   :doge the natty boys :stahp always look dicked up  :neogaf

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42341 on: August 26, 2019, 07:16:58 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/us/trump-obama-change-blake/index.html

Trump is bringing about hope and change in America by forcing us to realize how shitty and racist we are. Shitty Obama just made us feel good about ourselves, Trump forces us to wallow in our own filth. :rejoice
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42346 on: August 26, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:24:33 PM by filler »

Tasty

« Reply #42347 on: August 26, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »
:hmm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42348 on: August 26, 2019, 10:03:40 PM »
:hmm
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #42349 on: August 26, 2019, 10:07:01 PM »
:trumps

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #42350 on: August 26, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42352 on: August 26, 2019, 10:23:13 PM »
She seemed ok with bombing her campaign.

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42355 on: August 26, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
 :thinking

Tripon

« Reply #42356 on: August 26, 2019, 11:25:19 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42357 on: August 26, 2019, 11:35:48 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #42358 on: August 26, 2019, 11:47:31 PM »
lady draped in Louis Vuitton doesn't like Bernie Sanders

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气