Author Topic: Yakuza thread of there's a game every couple of months  (Read 17695 times)

Stro

Re: Yakuza thread of there's a game every couple of months
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2019, 08:57:41 AM »
No  :hmph

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2019, 11:35:30 AM »
Got FotNS for $20 :hyper

Bebpo

« Reply #542 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »
Tried out FoTNS Yakuza last night. Ended up playing like 3 hours. Seems pretty good! The RGG Studio really excels at engaging storytelling in these games. They always feel like TV shows where you wanna see the next ep for the main story. Combat seems solid brawler but watching the head explode animation for every grunt really bogs down the combat to the point where I just avoid doing insta-kill moves for grunts, but then the game wants you to do them to build your meter and score so blah. City also seems a lot weaker than a Yakuza city and camera in it is super jank. But still off the bat it seems like one of the better anime/manga games to date thanks to a good studio doing it.

Would love to see them do a Berserk game.

Also the saddest thing about FoTNS is I bought the Kiryu skin because since I don't know much about FoTNS (I've read maybe 20-30 chapters of the manga), with Kiryu's VA you can basically treat the game as Kiryu's adventure in the post-apocalypse. But maaaaan, that skin is so terrible. It doesn't fit the model at all and you get this weird long legged Kiryu that walks like a not-human-being. You'd think the studio that does nothing but make Kiryu Kazuma videogames every year would make an effort to make Kiryu look right in their game, but whoops, guess not!

kingv

« Reply #543 on: January 09, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »
Ah man. That Kiryu  skin is hilarious.

I played as the savior of the centuryís end, obviously, but didnít really consider that Kiryu would end up with Weirdo Fist of the North Star proportions.

Fotns was definitely the best Fist game ever made but probably the worst Yakuza. Whatís there is good, but just seems like it was really rushed...

Bebpo

« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »
Fotns was definitely the best Fist game ever made but probably the worst Yakuza. Whatís there is good, but just seems like it was really rushed...

Yeah, I can definitely see that. Anime games are usually terrible, so even a weak Yakuza game is a pretty good manga/anime game!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:21 PM »
It's their animation budget. They altered their rig for Hokuto-no-Ken and would have to re-do all the animations for Kiryuu to avoid that effect you're seeing.

Bebpo

« Reply #546 on: January 20, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
I picked up the PS4 port of Yakuza 4 to play down the line in a few months after I've cleared my backlog up some. Gave it a whirl just to see how it is and did the intro with Akiyama and uhhhhhh

-The music is crazy awesome jazz funk straight out of Cowboy Bebop
-While you're playing as Akiyama who fights with Capoeira style
-And is voiced by Koichi Yamadera who plays Spike in Cowboy Bebop

???

Seems way too on point to just be a coincidence. I am totally fine with 1/4th of Y4 being a Cowboy Bebop nod Yakuza game. Just kinda out of left field.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #547 on: Today at 08:03:41 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

The PC version of Yakuza: Kiwami will launch via Steam on February 19.

[N]ow optimized for PC with 4K resolutions, uncapped framerates, customisable controls and ultra-widescreen support.

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/yakuza-kiwami-for-pc-launches-february-19#bisTMuOV67J2U6TV.99

:phil
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #548 on: Today at 08:07:11 PM »
Yakuza 0 [Steam version] is part of February's Humble Monthly, and you can get that and The Division [uPlay version] if you buy the upcoming bundle right now for $12:

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly
dog

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #549 on: Today at 08:29:27 PM »
I'm playing Kiwami 2 and IT GOOD. Osaka looks awesome af.

The side stories seem to be really really really short tho.