Author Topic: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits  (Read 71776 times)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »
if you're like me and always enjoyed the long sojourns into the countryside in older battlefield games, followed by a quick minimal skirmish, a bit of daring do and just enough time to celebrate your victory before getting sniped in the head from 1000 yards away, this is game for you. routine loot collections of an increasingly familiar landscape until death comes at you from nowhere. like animal crossing: stalingrad.

played an embarrassing amount of hours to the point that i'm considering making my steam profile private.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:21:25 PM by headwalk »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
looks pretty damn fun after watching the giantbomb quicklook.. or unfinished or whatever.

Hope it comes to PS4 at some time soon because my laptop is shit
What

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »
It's routinely top 3 in most watched Twitch channels. Must be gud.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:21:40 AM »
It's great for spectating, like all these battle royale games.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »
One of the Youtubers that I watch has been playing it quite a bit with some of his Youtuber friends:

They're pretty terrible at it, but it's still great to watch. :lol
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 01:03:09 PM »
Seems to have stolen the crown from H1Z1.

I'm not really big on playing these style of games. Same as I didn't really care for the Day Z craze that swept through first person shooters but these are at least more entertaining to watch somebody play than those were.

And battlegrounds seems to be more about shooting people than just driving around in a car like H1Z1 was.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »
Seems to have stolen the crown from H1Z1.

H1Z1 got there first, but it's basically been stagnant ever since. Battlegrounds seems like a more expanded, polished take on the genre.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
One of the Youtubers that I watch has been playing it quite a bit with some of his Youtuber friends:

They're pretty terrible at it, but it's still great to watch. :lol

Got boring fast. They're always doing the same shit. Episode 1 was epic though. That jeep stunt.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
A part of me really enjoys that this game has the most distinguished mentally-challenged ass name.

I also really like that this complete nobody not only convinced a company to name it after his online handle but it's become incredibly successful. Guy is awesome and does good mods.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
Another game that will devolve into a skin trading/selling vehicle. Pass
fat

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
>:(
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Someday I'll win :'(
zzzzz

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 04:47:31 PM »
It's great for spectating, like all these battle royale games.

Exactly. It's Early Access, so I won't buy into it. But it's a good spectator sport right now.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
L4G or DUO to test out my skills. I'm bored of solo play

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 02:48:46 AM »
Really enjoying this despite hating DayZ

At least for an early access game it gets the main feature down, it's incredible in duo/squad games.
itm

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 12:56:14 PM »
>:(
[close]

Someday I'll win :'(
2 kills no balls lolol
jk I always play the same way in h1z1
[close]

I got this today. I was initially hesitant coming from H1Z1, which I had stretches of fun with but was mostly just frustrated by, and I dumped it after 20 hours. After that I was worried that the genre just wasn't for me, but it's remarkable how much better everything here feels than KOTK. The controls in general feel way more responsive  - the movement feels like you're actually controlling your character instead of pulling them by a string in the direction you want to go. The gunplay actually feels like gunplay, and the modular aspect of the guns is a nice touch.  I've only played one round, but I fared surprisingly well (#7 with 4 kills) which is encouraging.

Runs like ass on my PC though. From the performance surveys on steam it seems I'm not alone, so hopefully they'll optimize it sooner than later. I really need to upgrade my card though

Shuri

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »
the server desync problem is annoying as heck

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »
Well the two games I played were fun, but now the loading screen refuses to go away even though I can hear the audio of my character moving and punching and shit. Guess I'll get my first Steam refund. Oh well.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »
Been playing a bunch of this over the last week. I've been SO CLOSE to the chicken dinner. I can usually reliably get to top 10 by chasing the white wall and camping around it.

The closest I've been is #3 after I stole some dudes jeep to escape dying only to find myself in a tiny circle with a loud ass jeep and too scared to get out because it would take too long to slow down and get out safely. I ended up pulling up behind a rock and then getting got a few seconds later.

nat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
PUNCH CLUB!

I find it more rewarding to pull of fun kills in this game. I've gotten really good at dropping vehicles onto peoples heads, and headshots with punches. When someone runs away from punch club I stalk them till one of us dies. It's great fun griefing them for minutes on end.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 08:05:38 PM »
Finally got a win today in a duo game. My buddy died when there was still around 20 people left. I managed to sneak around and pick people off here and there. In the final minutes I snuck behind two dudes and took them out before they could figure out what was happening. Then when it was just myself and a team left, I got some lucky shots out from a prone position and knocked out both enemies. Super lucky.

Then the next game he and myself pulled some good teamwork then managed to kill ourselves with a bike

:snoop
nat

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 01:22:00 AM »
Got my first win during a group today, all four of us alive. Only 2 kills, though I got a few knockouts. Shit's fun.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »
It really is. Playing duos last night and I got clipped by a team who had holed up in a set of shipping containers in the second to last circle. My buddy was prone in the grass between a road and the fenced off area where the container was, and the last circle pushed them out. He opened up on them as soon as they came through the fence, and they proceeded to completely shit their pants and try to run back to cover as he mowed them down. Hilarious shit

studyguy

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »
So I picked this up on Saturday.
I fucking suck at this game, but got carried in a squad 5x to victory so I guess I'm like ready for the Twitch.tv partnership esports pro of this right?
I slapped some dude with a pan and died, that's the extent of my experience so far. It was pretty good.
pause

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »
Hell yeah I got dat chicken dinner a couple times  :delicious

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »
It really is. Playing duos last night and I got clipped by a team who had holed up in a set of shipping containers in the second to last circle. My buddy was prone in the grass between a road and the fenced off area where the container was, and the last circle pushed them out. He opened up on them as soon as they came through the fence, and they proceeded to completely shit their pants and try to run back to cover as he mowed them down. Hilarious shit

I was talking to another friend of mine and we both agree duos is the sweet spot in this game. I'm glad we have options of course but duos hit that zone of not being as slow as solo, but it isn't the near constant struggle (large firefights, stress on speed/getting a vehicle, loot) that a lot of squad games tend to be. 

With duos you get fast looting, faster play but without the drawbacks of giant firefights getting shot from all directions type chaos of squads.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
I agree. Teamwork adds a whole level of fun and strategy to the game, and duos seem to have more consistent pacing than squad games. Also with duos you never have to deal with the stress of being the last man standing in a four man squad D:

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:53 AM »
Lol so after watching the fourth clip you posted I unmuted global chat so i could talk shit on fools, but I retardedly had voice chat set to open instead of push to talk. So a dude runs by the window of the room i'm looting and I say to my buddy on discord "i've got company, but they didn't notice me" so they hear me and immediately double back and bumrush me  :lol it was at the top of the match in Polyana though, so I wound up setting off a chain of engagements that attracted like four other teams to my location. This game fuckin rules

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »
heads up too, default mute chat is "ctrl+t" so you can just mute island/plane and quickly undo it when you jump out

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:31 AM »
Too many friends are playing this now, and have nagged on me to get it, so tonight I'm fucking buying it.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 06:17:10 AM »
Also i've seen it mentioned by Grimmz but if anyone can link the DayZ program that mutes the foreground app I will be forever grateful

Good luck butt

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Too many friends are playing this now, and have nagged on me to get it, so tonight I'm fucking buying it.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:47:12 PM by toku »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
This game is the shit.

Vertigo

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »
Love watching streams of this game. Right up my street.

But my PC is packed up back in the UK so I'll have to wait for the Xbox version in a few months.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
It's a damn good game and I'm not sick of it after 140 hours. I just started doing rando squads and damn that is insane. I've been solo this whole time so I avoid people for the most part unless I can kill, but in squads you see folks and it's like: "YO BITCH FUCK YOU AND YOUR RIDE"

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
Played some duos tonight, then got to #4 on my first solo game! Only had one kill though. I was super nervous and kept escaping/hiding, but next round I realized it's actually easier to just chase people since a lot of them seem to be escaping each other a lot in the begining. :doge It was more fun solo than I had though, but even better when playing with a friend. Gonna be interesting to try as a squad! Beating myself up on the fact that I avoided this game for various reasons until today.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:15:49 PM by Valkyrie »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
squads are intense, I had a bunch of squad games that ended with us at #2 yesterday, like four in a row that was brutal lol. Duo still the sweet spot for me but the on I think I play rarest.

One advice i'd give to anyone about to pick this up is don't sweat the chicken dinner so much. While skill and learning to position means A LOT, sometimes the random elements of the game can really work against you (circle movement etc). So what I do is I just focus on top 20. If I get top 20 I'm good, everything else is extra.

when your buddy dies right off the bat so you decide to leeroy jenkins it but you forget you're actually not that bad at this game

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
Love watching streams of this game. Right up my street.

Yea, this has become my goto "fall asleep while watching" game.

Twitch really needs to install a sleep timer on their app though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 03:08:02 PM »
Do you respawn in this game, or is it just one life per match?  And if it's the latter, do you have to sit there until the match is over to move on?
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
Do you respawn in this game, or is it just one life per match?  And if it's the latter, do you have to sit there until the match is over to move on?

one life per match.

if its solo you go right back to the menu so you can start another match, if its a team you can watch your teammates until they either die or win

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 03:51:29 PM »
Really quick to get into a game too, especially if you have an SSD. There's little loading. Apparently it's really really really bad if you put it on a mechanical drive though....and it used to be even worse. #earlyaccess

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Really quick to get into a game too, especially if you have an SSD. There's little loading. Apparently it's really really really bad if you put it on a mechanical drive though....and it used to be even worse. #earlyaccess

It's fucking awful lol, this is what's finally put me over the edge to grab an SSD. A couple of patches ago, the game would load in but the loading screen would stay up so you couldn't see shit, unless you mashed tab as soon as you heard the lobby load. I still get shit like this from time to time: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959783295

Also, dude change your smoke/co2 detector battery!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 07:14:12 PM »
nah it's peaceful, reminds me im gonna die one day

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
 :lol that shit doesn't drive you nuts when you're making beats?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »
Oh shit, that probably explains why I've had to force quit the game a few times and relaunch it.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
First game with my girlfriend and we do pretty well, landing at #3. Best moment in the game early on where my successfully out play two separate teams in a row:

nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 10:28:13 PM »
smh you gotta play this game without shoes on for good luck and it builds immunity against bullets

Side Note: This game actually looks nice with shadows on and shit...must be nice  :doge

Also Duos is best mode, I don't play it enough because whenever i get on now ppl always wanna squad.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
First game with my girlfriend and we do pretty well, landing at #3. Best moment in the game early on where my successfully out play two separate teams in a row:

LOL @ that idiot ramboing you at the end

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 01:11:57 AM »
this is a good hard game

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 01:15:58 AM »
did you post that after solos

i'm doing solos now and i hate it

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:18 AM »
did you post that after solos

i'm doing solos now and i hate it

the thing i like the most is that there are no downs, just deaths but yea like we were saying last page solo is a much slower game. I actually listen to podcasts while doing it lol

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 01:33:32 AM »
fuck

the

vss

AUUUUUUGHHHHH

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 01:55:15 AM »
UGH GETTING PICKED OFF BY THE 8X AUUUGH FUCK THIS GAME
THIS SHIT IS SO GOOD
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 01:56:19 AM »
forreal tho fuck the VSS

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 04:23:15 AM »
holy shit. that's really fucking cool

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 04:28:22 AM »
He counts out 700m and clicks in to 600, and still nails it. Amazing

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
He counts out 700m and clicks in to 600, and still nails it. Amazing

all the tips ive seen for zeroing say it's better to zero under than over. It's easier to tell how close you are to hitting your target if you under shoot because then you can see the bullet puff hit the ground....instead of it just going over their head.

So if someone is at say 350 meters, it's better to zero to 300 instead of 400.

I aim a lot lower and lead shorter than I normally would in this game.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 04:42:54 PM »
your boy with the duo win bless up

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »
That was pretty sweet. Surprised by how fast it went from 45 to 0!