Author Topic: Super Mario Odyssey thread of real 3D Mario is back.  (Read 58613 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Re: Super Mario Odyssey thread of real 3D Mario is back.
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »
no it's an open world game so it's going to be just like the worst ubisoft game you can think of dont fall for the trap guys save yourselves
pcp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
Toad is cute as usual. :heart The rest look like filler. Nintendo better give a single reason for a traditional Mario fan to get this by release.

If Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 aren't reason enough to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt that a flagship Mario title will be quality, then yeah, maybe it'll be as disappointing 'as usual'

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »
I mean damn I'm probably the biggest Nintendo hater on the forum and even I'm like "nah this looks tight"

Why not troll their actual shitty games like Animal Crossing or whatever

spoiler (click to show/hide)
HAHA TRICK QUESTION ANIMAL CROSSING IS NOT A REAL GAME SUCK IT NINTHINGS
[close]

I'm as big a Nintendo fan as any, but the continued love affair with Animal Crossing and Pikmin eludes me.
^_^

Himu

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
Toad is cute as usual. :heart The rest look like filler. Nintendo better give a single reason for a traditional Mario fan to get this by release.

If Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 aren't reason enough to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt that a flagship Mario title will be quality, then yeah, maybe it'll be as disappointing 'as usual'

Under normal circumstances I would agree. But these days Nintendo usually is transparent on what a game is and what will it have to offer. BOTW's pre release marketing was a great example. Most people are holding out that they have traditional Mario platforming in this and giving them the benefit of the doubt (which is earned). But at the same time, as said, Nintendo is VERY transparent about their software and what you can expect. And what do we see? Mario doing side diversions. Either this is all the game has to offer and Nintendo are being honest about what the product is, or they hiding some actual gameplay in this mess of diversionist dog shit.

Maybe it'll turn out well, maybe it won't. It makes sense to put faith in them given Mario's track record (which is, actually, pretty spotty considering games like 3D Land, NSMB, NSMB 2;etc) However if Nintendo had the traditional Mario gameplay people love and recognize they wouldn't be holding out. Just like how BOTW doesn't really have much in the way of traditional Zelda dungeons, and they kind of showed this point in pre-release marketing by concentrating on creating your own fun and running into mini dungeons. Guess what? That was the game. So there are only two options for the way Nintendo is handling this: 1. They are betraying their transparent software marketing to market to people who like fucking around in games and structured game experiences be damned or 2. The final game really is like this.

Either way, it begs to question why they have shown nothing that is structured or has the level design/platforming quality of past Mario's.

They certainly have earned my good will but that doesn't mean the game doesn't look like dog shit.

I never said Mario games were disappointing "like usual". I was clearly referencing gamers, their adolescence like blind hype, even when products have done nothing to earn it (like Fallout 4, which looked like shit from its reveal).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:40:51 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »
But it is nice that people find playing jump rope and sitting on benches to be 64/Sunshine/Galaxy quality.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
yup im sure that's gonna be the focus of the game
pcp

Himu

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:47 PM »
You know what? You're right. From demos the focus seems to include talking to npcs, transforming into RC cars, and kicking glowing rocks. All things I expect from a Mario game. Can't wait to get a moon by doing someone's groceries and then mowing their lawn. Nintendo is redefining tight platforming by the minute.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »
man who shat in your cheerios
püp

Himu

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
man who shat in your cheerios

Idk. For the record my favorite Mario games are Galaxy, Yoshi's Island, and World. I like 1, 3, 64 and love Sunshine. Galaxy is in my top 5. I'm just not seeing remotely anything I like about Mario games in it, I have watched hours of this games footage to find some semblance of appeal as a big Mario fan and I haven't. I legitimately think it looks terrible and the worst Mario game I have ever seen. :yeshrug
IYKYK

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »
 :lol

i dont know how you can love sunshine and not like the look of this.
◕‿◕

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »
But it is nice that people find playing jump rope and sitting on benches to be 64/Sunshine/Galaxy quality.

More like they don't think a single cutesy screenshot is enough to make them think Nintendo is gonna fuck up one of the two actual games for their new system

Himu

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »
Cutesy screenshot? It's in the gameplay video posted above.

At least Sunshine had tight platforming and warp stages. Haven't seen a bit in Odyssey. Looks turrible.
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »
You're coming across a lot more "i want to dislike like this game" than "here are reasons this game will be bad" tbh. Ive seen the trailers itt but haven't scoured all available footage as you have, but the platforming looks fine to me and I can't begin to fathom how you can judge how 'tight' the controls are without playing it, or why you would expect the series that has defined good-feeling platforming for more than three decades would suddenly just forget how to do that

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »
I definitely prefer the more linear 3D Mario games (3D Land and 3D World were definitely my favorite 3D Marios) to the more nonlinear (64, Sunshine) but we'll see. I'm worried that Nintendo filled it with a bunch of collectathon and minigame stuff, both being my least favorite parts of some platformers. But I'll give it a chance.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »
I definitely prefer the more linear 3D Mario games (3D Land and 3D World were definitely my favorite 3D Marios) to the more nonlinear (64, Sunshine) but we'll see. I'm worried that Nintendo filled it with a bunch of collectathon and minigame stuff, both being my least favorite parts of some platformers. But I'll give it a chance.

:jeanluc
yar

naff

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
Cutesy screenshot? It's in the gameplay video posted above.

At least Sunshine had tight platforming and warp stages. Haven't seen a bit in Odyssey. Looks turrible.

this will too.... next to galaxy and galaxy 2, sunshine is also my favourite 3d mario. it also looked, and was, similarly gimmicky according to early trailers.
◕‿◕

Himu

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »
How is Sunshine open world? For the most part, Sunshine rail roads you. One thing you can do in one level is the only thing you can achieve.

You're coming across a lot more "i want to dislike like this game" than "here are reasons this game will be bad" tbh. Ive seen the trailers itt but haven't scoured all available footage as you have, but the platforming looks fine to me and I can't begin to fathom how you can judge how 'tight' the controls are without playing it, or why you would expect the series that has defined good-feeling platforming for more than three decades would suddenly just forget how to do that

Because you haven't watched game play footage.

The trailers are all great. Gameplay looks like a giant turd.

I'm watching this SMO from SDCC last week on IGN.

Let's see how it stacks up.

2:49 - chasing bunny Mario 64 reference. Get Moon. Okay. That's fine.

4:44 - get moon by stomping on ground. Neat.

7:09 - 7:46 - Mario climbs hill. Absolutely zero jumping, no enemies, no obstacles. Shit design.

8:20 - Mario uses koopah monster he transformed into to get moon. ZZZ.

9:24 - finally, actual classic Mario obstacles and not an empty boring forest. :beli Let's see how it is.

The obstacle isn't bad but it's pretty clear that courses and platforming aren't the main focus. Exploring is.

Conclusion: Mario Odyssey is a generic sandbox game with a Mario skin that's a collectathon which I can get from literally sandbox game as they all provide collecting sans the Mario skin. It has three months till release and that's all Nintendo have shown with none of the classic platforming Mario is known for. If they don't show anything resembling an actual platforming game by October I'll get a Wii U instead and play NSMBU and Luigu U. I don't have to buy it, but I'm definitely disappointed that this is the evolution of Mario. It lacks literally anything I like about Mario. I am not "trying to find reasons to hate it". If you watch the above video and compare it to other Mario games this is hoping to promise a complete night and day experience,
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »
now this is the shit-quality posting that made me love the bore
pcp

naff

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:24 PM »
i've probably watched the same stuff you have. from the small amount of content, it looks like they've focussed on some overworld exploration, puzzle solving and light platforming similar to what i know and love from 64 and Sunshine. Galaxy was much lighter on this, 3d land almost did away with it. i like the diversity in formula between titles.
◕‿◕

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »
That seems kinda nitpicky. Game seems aaight to me. I don't know how you can post a video where you play as a turtle, a tree, some weird plant thing and say it looks like a "generic sandbox game". It looks like Banjo meets Space Station Silicon Valley :yeshrug

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »
I would imagine they are really only showing early levels so of course the platforming is more simplistic to ease players into it. All the challenging/hardcore platforming will come in later stages and optional side levels
WDW

naff

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »
^^
◕‿◕

Himu

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »
i've probably watched the same stuff you have. from the small amount of content, it looks like they've focussed on some overworld exploration, puzzle solving and light platforming similar to what i know and love from 64 and Sunshine. Galaxy was much lighter on this, 3d land almost did away with it. i like the diversity in formula between titles.

I would imagine they are really only showing early levels so of course the platforming is more simplistic to ease players into it. All the challenging/hardcore platforming will come in later stages and optional side levels

Disagree and this shows a vast misunderstanding of my criticisms.

In Mario 64 and Sunshine, exploration is mostly aided by platforming. In those games platforming and exploration is tied. In order to find things, you need to platform. In order to get to the ship in the Bay level in 64 you need to platform. In order to find secrets in Sunshine you need to platform to get there, often requiring mastery of triple jumps combined with FLUDD.

This isn't the case here. Platforming and exploration are splintered into their own specific game areas. You explore the forest. You certainly and sure as fuck don't platform there. The platforming is limited to specific areas that the developers deem platforming. In 64 and Sunshine, the stage IS the course; in this the courses are within the stage. There's a difference between this type of design. You can take the first level in 64 as an example. You can explore all kinds of things in that level but in order to make it to the top and fight the boss you need to platform, no matter how easy it is.

The difficulty at this point doesn't matter because as said, it's early in the game. That said, the game Nintendo have revealed three different worlds and none of them have a focus of combining platforming with exploration like Mario of old. You're out doing side objectives in order to obtain moons.

Comparing them shows the design is night and day. Saying Odyssey plays similarly to 64 is laughable to me. They couldn't be further apart.

To drill this in, you can watch this video that will hopefully make my point.

It seems pretty obvious that although there's exploration, platforming is the main focus. Platforming is WHY I LIKE MARIO. And absolutely none of the footage thus far has made the contention that this is a platformer first. And if you're Mario and not a platformer first, why should anyone bother playing it?

Odyssey looks terrible. It's like making a Zelda game focused on combat. Certainly Zelda has some combat, but it's pretty obvious that its main priority is exploration and puzzle solving.  And while there are some Zelda's with a larger combat focus than others, exploration and puzzle solving has been its bread and butter from the beginning. So we have Super Mario Odyssey. Exploration is fine. Every Mario has exploration in some small manner, whether it's finding how to warp in SMB1 and 3, getting everything in Yoshi's Island, or getting all the stars in 64. Even the linear ones like Galaxy and 3D Land have exploration. But they generally tie this exploration with platforming. This is what Odyssey is missing. Instead of having courses, we have big levels that happen to have courses in them. The priorities and focus is completely different.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:54:35 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
 :nintendo
◕‿◕

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2017, 04:54:48 AM »
*posts video of mario 64 that literally everyone on earth has played*

Himu

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
You have a big thing with ignoring the bulk of someone's argument and going for petty ad hominems. Discussing things with you is frankly, fucking terrible.

Game looks like shit. Of what's revealed, has the level design targeted at four year olds. That is all. Good day.

Kat Bailey sums up my argument at US Gamer:

It begins promisingly enough. Everything is this weird, funhouse version of what the "real world" might look like. The proportions are weird and there are coin blocks everywhere. It superficially resembles New York; but outside of the somewhat realistically proportioned citizens, it might as well be another part of the Mushroom Kingdom. I kind of like it actually—it's all very "Mario."

The actual gameplay, though, is not. Upon meeting up with Mayor Pauline, you're asked to go and recruit some musicians so that she can put on a party. The first one is waiting right outside: you talk to him and he agrees to go play. The rest of the musicians are found by wandering around, racing up buildings through electric wires with your hat powers, and checking rooftops.

It's a slow-paced and frankly kind of boring process, and it's compounded by Pauline's request that you address some power troubles before the party starts. To do that, you have to collect enough coins to buy an inspector's hat and overalls to post as a city inspector. I suppose that's where you spend more time wandering around and maybe finding some levels to explore, but it didn't feel like there was much to do in the city itself.

I guess I'll come right out and say it: It fell kind of flat for me.

Is this indicative of what the final product will be? I'm not sure, to be honest. From the look of it, Super Mario Odyssey will incorporate a lot of different gameplay elements, some of it quite experimental. It's easy to complain that it doesn't really feel like a "Mario" game, i.e., it's very light on the traditional platforming elements, but that doesn't feel quite right. The spirit of openness and exploration is certainly there, if not necessarily the execution.

"Light platforming" "Mario"

Fuck out of here.

"It's a demo"

BOTW demos were pretty indicative of the final product. Rather than spend over 300 dollars on conflated twee gamer hype, of which I'm sure many will be disappointed in the end - do not trust gamer hype ever, btw - I'm getting a Wii U. At least it'll let me play BOTW and I can be satisfied playing actual Mario games and not "Mario" games.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:38:15 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:53 AM »
Right. Fuck off.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
guys chill out. himu has seen some pixels on the videos and has clearly seen that gaming's most popular franchise is completely betraying its roots and will be low quality to boot. thirteen minutes of gameplay proves it, sorry debate over
pcp

Himu

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
I have watched over three hours of gameplay between all of the footage on Nintendo's YouTube channel and various other channels since E3, dumbass.

And frankly,"the game isn't out yet you're criticizing pixels" is one of the lamest arguments I have ever heard.

Three worlds and over 3-5 hours of gameplay footage viewed is enough to critique I feel.

But nope. Let's joke at my expense. Humanity is dog shit.
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
spicy.

you're taking it to 11 making statements as though indisputable fact about the game's quality, that doesn't really facilitate discussion. SMO might be universally terrible, Kenta Motokura may commit Seppuku for embarrassing Miyamoto even more than when he made Wii Music, and we'll tell you you were right all along. in the meantime the dumpster's that way.

:ufup
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
This is too dumb even for me.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »
And frankly,"the game isn't out yet you're criticizing pixels" is one of the lamest arguments I have ever heard.

lolz
pcp

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »
SMO reminds me of Jak II. And not in a good way.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
Dude, it's not an ad hominem to point out that you're being incredibly condescending by posting a video of a game that literally everyone in this thread has played. Where have I attacked you anywhere in this thread? I think the game looks good, which doesn't seem like an offensive opinion. You don't have to act like such a defensive dickhead anytime someone disagrees with your opinion.

"humanity is dogshit" lmao chillll

Himu

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2017, 11:39:00 PM »

Posting because it's so hype and I hope this game is good in the end :(
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2017, 11:44:20 PM »
Dude, it's not an ad hominem to point out that you're being incredibly condescending by posting a video of a game that literally everyone in this thread has played. Where have I attacked you anywhere in this thread? I think the game looks good, which doesn't seem like an offensive opinion. You don't have to act like such a defensive dickhead anytime someone disagrees with your opinion.

"humanity is dogshit" lmao chillll

The problem is any time I present an argument, you have never - ever - argued against the actual meat of the reply and always - always - go for the one thing you disagree. I just see it as shit posting tbh, because it's the exact opposite of how I do things. I'll tell you why I feel a way and how I got there. I just don't think it's possible to discuss things with you. To show how bad this "discussion" was, I said the same thing on youtube that I did here and that's "Super Mario Odyssey looks like shit." The Youtube comments were far more helpful and could understand where I was coming from once I explained why I felt that way. They gave me far more confidence in this game than the past two pages combined. From Youtube comments!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:02:19 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:47 AM »
you said something shitty on YouTube and got people to agree with you, and you're surprised by this because...
pcp

Himu

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2017, 12:27:55 AM »
They actually didn't agree with me. They disagreed heavily but they explained why they felt I was wrong instead of insulting me.
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
I'm not sure where I insulted you? Forgive me for not endeavoring to writing a dissertation about why I think it's silly to say a game from a historically incredible franchise looks like shit, but posting a video of the first level of a game that almost everyone who has played videogames is familiar with isn't a great way to foster a discussion. I don't care about 'giving you confidence' in the game - I'm not trying to win you over. I just pointed out how unfounded I think it is to fret about the game being shitty. If discussion with me is so fucking terrible, I'll leave you alone and let you stick to the vaunted discourse of youtube comments :lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »
Jesus, Queen, you’re commenting on YouTube now? I think we need to have a serious talk.
serge

naff

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
just seemed like incoherent nostalgia rambling to me

still dont get posting a bob omb summit vid to "drill your point in". there's next to no platforming. also mastering the FLUDD speaks to me more as something you'd expect from an adventure game vs platformer..

the platforming was pretty ghetto in 64 too. that camera  :trash
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2017, 09:00:14 PM »
crash bandicoot was a better 3d platformer than sm64  :mynicca
◕‿◕

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »
Oh shit.
Hi

TVC15

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »

I can't agree with this. It's always been an a pain to judge and land jumps in those games. Or at least the original.
serge

Himu

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »
I don't even really like Mario that much, but I think this game looks great. I don't see the big deal. Some of the worlds, designs, and levels look like what I always wanted in "3D Mario".

Aside from the human NPCs/T-Rex giving me Sonic '06 vietnam-esque flashbacks, I'm definitely way more impressed and hopeful than most games coming out soon.

Maybe don't put so much attention on early gameplay previews and nerds over-analyzing shit for that 10 minute AD revenue. :doge

I'm sorry breh. I can say "maybe the final game will be better" but what I'm seeing is doo doo for a Mario game.

The YouTube commenter said that the demo is indeed missing things so I'm not alone in thinking the game looks sparse. I don't think I'm over analyzing anything at all. The point of these demos is to build hype and inform players what the game is about and I haven't been impressed. That said, hey I could be wrong.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »
just seemed like incoherent nostalgia rambling to me

still dont get posting a bob omb summit vid to "drill your point in". there's next to no platforming. also mastering the FLUDD speaks to me more as something you'd expect from an adventure game vs platformer..

the platforming was pretty ghetto in 64 too. that camera  :trash

Saying "this looks like doo doo because most of the footage is about exploration rather than platforming" means incoherent nostalgia rambling to you? Being rewarded by doing the most simple of things is nostalgia rambling? My argument is pretty cogent.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »
I'm not sure where I insulted you? Forgive me for not endeavoring to writing a dissertation about why I think it's silly to say a game from a historically incredible franchise looks like shit, but posting a video of the first level of a game that almost everyone who has played videogames is familiar with isn't a great way to foster a discussion. I don't care about 'giving you confidence' in the game - I'm not trying to win you over. I just pointed out how unfounded I think it is to fret about the game being shitty. If discussion with me is so fucking terrible, I'll leave you alone and let you stick to the vaunted discourse of youtube comments :lol

Personally, it would go over well with me if you had bothered to inform yourself of the game. Instead, at the outset you said "I haven't seen any gameplay outside the trailer" when my critique is specifically the gameplay.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm concerned exactly, but There's a little too much walking around and talking and not really Marioing in some of the videos I've seen. I've also seen cool-looking platforming sections, which I'm sure will be all over the place.

I can see where my Queen is coming from.
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

Personally, it would go over well with me if you had bothered to inform yourself of the game. Instead, at the outset you said "I haven't seen any gameplay outside the trailer" when my critique is specifically the gameplay.
I didn't even realize that was where this stemmed from. I meant I'd watched the videos in this thread, not specifically just the trailers. I pretty sure I didn't say I hadn't seen gameplay lol

Himu

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm concerned exactly, but There's a little too much walking around and talking and not really Marioing in some of the videos I've seen. I've also seen cool-looking platforming sections, which I'm sure will be all over the place.

I can see where my Queen is coming from.

Yeah, and the last Mario game I played 3d Land, was brain dead until the post-game. Ugh. It just doesn't look like Mario. It looks more like a sandbox game with platforming elements. I'm truly curious who they're trying to sell this game to but I've already made my peace in that I'm no longer the target audience of any video game anymore besides maybe one genre. So I'm not sure why I'm surprised. But I'm still kind of shocked that Nintendo is trying to sell a new Mario in 2017, the footage they show barely has any platforming, and no one bats an eye. RIP.

"Get hype for this platforming-less Mario game!"

"Looks like shit. They've turned Mario into a walking simulator."

"NOSTALGIA."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:51:24 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:09 PM »
Have faith, my Queen. I don't think Nintendo will let a major Mario game get too far away from them. Even at their weakest, like 3D Land or World or whatever it was or Sunshine, there's still always a lot to like.
serge

Himu

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2017, 11:07:17 PM »
I have my doubts because of the time I beat NSMB on my ds in one sitting while on a car trip without one game over. 3d Land didn't click until the post-game. Nintendo is hit and miss with Mario. And now they're marketing Mario da Gawd to fucking trend whore gamers who want everything to be a sandbox. I'm hoping that before release they show level design that is Mario quality. So my fingers are crossed.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2017, 11:09:06 PM »
I don't see why. I've watched official Nintendo videos where they've spent more time walking than jumping. It's a valid critique.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2017, 11:15:01 PM »
I don't see why. I've watched official Nintendo videos where they've spent more time walking than jumping. It's a valid critique.

New Donk City in particular. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just like that because it's the starting area.
serge

Himu

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2017, 11:39:02 PM »
New Donk looks fucking terrible.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2017, 11:54:31 PM »
WHY IS IT CALLED NEW DONK CITY
pcp

Himu

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2017, 12:10:45 AM »
donkey kong
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2017, 12:22:30 AM »
I like jumping on shit why does this thread need shitty thesis statements
püp

Himu

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2017, 12:26:47 AM »
You like jumping on shit and you're excited for Odyssey? :thinking
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2017, 12:48:41 AM »
Girl what is your malfunction
püp