Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2244614 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Wait, Affleck is a bad guy? Who would have imagined?!
que

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Affleck played himself in Mallrats.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
let's watch a circlejerk echo chamber turn someone into a pariah in real time:

The Day the World Ran Out of Sauce - The Szechuan Sauce Aftermath

See if you can pinpoint the post where Dan obviously has always been alt right!
Te fuck?

This is the guy behind Community? What a sad day.
Wtf. Yeah I might be done with Dan Harmon too. Harmonquest and Rick and Marty are good but what a piece of shit response
That Dan Harmon reply sounds 100% like something Rick would say in the show. Guess he didn't quite get the theme of the third season himself.
I'm like 99% sure Rick is Dan Harmon's self insert. People need to pull him away from twitter and get him some help.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
I mean.. Ben Affleck looks like a date rapist.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
mallrats reference
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Costanza vindicated.

But still not forgiven for trying to get free XBL codes from The Bore to hock on GAF.
[close]

©@©™

benjipwns

What a sad day.

venereology

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251688965&postcount=506
Oh FUCK ME, this can't be real.

Ugh. Léon is legit my favourite movie. Well, not anymore. Fuck off Besson you fucking creep.

Leon is my favorite movie, but I can't believe the old guy who made a movie about an old guy wanting to bang a young girl would go out and bang a young girl!

unless theres some secret directors cut im unaware of, you need to watch leon again.

It's the other way around but it's not hard to wrap your head around "older dude who likes young girls makes a movie about a young girl wanting an older dude" maybe being a not-even-sorta metaphorical fantasy

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251716709

And deservedly so.

It nailed a crapton of things right. A groundbreaking new Ip that openened doors and shattered barriers that stood in the way of female enpowerment.

Its also got the best story and gameplay in my opinion this year, by quite far.

It will be refreshing to see it win over another Mario and another Zelda. Whose both are established franchise that have been going on since more than 15 years.

Its important that Horizon wins as many GOTY as possible.

::)

zepblackstar

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251716709

And deservedly so.

It nailed a crapton of things right. A groundbreaking new Ip that openened doors and shattered barriers that stood in the way of female enpowerment.

Its also got the best story and gameplay in my opinion this year, by quite far.

It will be refreshing to see it win over another Mario and another Zelda. Whose both are established franchise that have been going on since more than 15 years.

Its important that Horizon wins as many GOTY as possible.

::)

I love how every new game with a female lead is always the first game in female enpowerment just ignoring everything else before it.

etiolate

When you care so hard about fightins fo wimmins in vidya but you don't know who Roberta Williams is.

parallax

Ugh. Léon is legit my favourite movie. Well, not anymore. Fuck off Besson you fucking creep.

Leon is my favorite movie, but I can't believe the old guy who made a movie about an old guy wanting to bang a young girl would go out and bang a young girl!

unless theres some secret directors cut im unaware of, you need to watch leon again.

It's the other way around but it's not hard to wrap your head around "older dude who likes young girls makes a movie about a young girl wanting an older dude" maybe being a not-even-sorta metaphorical fantasy

you can get to that point without sensationalizing or burying the lede. you come off looking like an ass otherwise

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251692205&postcount=5

Quote from: Twilight Princess
Ever wonder why the human penis is shaped like a plunger? Gang rape.
At this point, I’m choosing to believe human beings are innately violent creatures, nurture can influence behavior but never completely change it.

Vertigo

Are the Gaf collective going to 'milkshake duck' EL for groping women's butts in bars without their consent?

Last time that topic popped up didn't some people get permed? And the rest fell back

:trumps

seagrams hotsauce

I mean it's not the main theme of the movie but there are some definite  :jared undertones going on there

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Are the Gaf collective going to 'milkshake duck' EL for groping women's butts in bars without their consent?

Last time that topic popped up didn't some people get permed? And the rest fell back

:trumps
If they truly practiced what they preached, they wouldn't have anything to do with NeoGAF.  Why post on a website whose owner bragged about sexually assaulting a woman in a bar? I give some of them the benefit of a doubt that they don't know about the stuff with EviLore but we know for a fact many of them do. 

benjipwns

It's like the BCT, who everyone knows has an offsite chat (not to mention their thread), yet some of their prominent members were borderline running around claiming the multiple news stories about Amir0x were some kind of alt-right hoax.

I'd say anyone posting in the OT in general knows there's two sets of rules/standards/whatever. Especially if they have like five or more posts a day. Unless they're huddled up entirely in certain community threads that are as well cloistered as this one is versus the rest of The Bore.

benjipwns

I love that GAF is shocked that noted alcoholic, gambler, and womanizer Ben Affleck isn't a 100% pure soul because he's a hardcore Democrat and made some movies they like.
Though I do believe there's enough young/naive members that stuff like this shocks them.

Like the Harmon "fans" I quoted above. Yeah, I can believe enough of them don't know/remember that Harmon got fired from Community in the first place for throwing shit fits and being in general unhinged at times, that was five years ago. And the Chevy Chase stuff wasn't all Chevy, who lord knows is difficult to work with, but widely acknowledged it was the two of them.

Him insulting a random internet person (and telling them their employer sucks) who insulted him is about the least shocking thing Harmon could have done, but you'd think he voted for Bernie and Jill Stein. (And I agree with the girl that he's mostly a hack.)

Of course, I also don't worship single personalities to where I know there were multiple writers and actors who were involved in developing Community into what it was not to mention the rest of production.

My favorite episode for example was "written by" Megan Ganz, who apparently now is at IASP.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:58:26 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

huh the Russo Brothers directed both the pilot of Community and Arrested Development, and individually many episodes of both

this also reminds me that John Oliver was on Community, see full circle back to our Daily Show heirs discussion

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Not really going to worry about it though, it's fairly obvious what the motivations are with this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251739860#post251739860

I could swear Evilore said this wasn't allowed anymore.  But he's not doing anything about it?  Does that strike anyone as odd?

Also not gonna worry about it like Amir0x, tho.
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
that thread about the person who tried to put a homemade explosive in the charleston airport is completely saturated with sarcastic posts and woke signalling. It's like a simultaneous mass brain convulsion.
每天生气

benjipwns

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446287

Someone explain to me why the first post deserves 80% of the thread being devoted to it with phrases like "REKT" "OMG" "first post strikes again" etc.

What the hell is going on in that thread? There are 5 pages of reaction gifs to that post.

benjipwns

What the hell is going on in that thread? There are 5 pages of reaction gifs to that post.
He paid for a billboard with Hillary Clinton and the phrase "Too Big To Jail" on it. So, you know, he's like a racist Joseph Goebbels.

With a billion dollars.

clothedmacuser

lol, thread locked

Feel free to make another thread when there's some more news, but we're just down to slinging insinuations at each other in here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251741858#post251741858

Hey, pussy!  People are just gonna keep doing that if you lock the thread instead of ban the perpetrators.
sigh

He paid for a billboard with Hillary Clinton and the phrase "Too Big To Jail" on it. So, you know, he's like a racist Joseph Goebbels.

With a billion dollars.

I get the joke but it's not nearly funny enough to warrant such a response.

benjipwns

I get the joke but it's not nearly funny enough to warrant such a response.
So you're sympathizing with the Nazi's rather than those standing against them?

etiolate

At this point, I’m choosing to believe human beings are innately violent creatures, nurture can influence behavior but never completely change it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251696819&postcount=50

I'm no scientist though

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446518

Why isn't the EU doing stuff about countries in Asia? Isn't that their job now that America is the worst?
The funnier part is the people trying to come up with answers that aren't "nobody knows, we kinda just fell into it and are still figuring that out" which is an answer I'd give full credit on a quiz to.

Thankfully, SG-17 is getting things started:
The EU won't last in the long run unless it federalizes and prohibits member states from leaving.

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251696819&postcount=50

I'm no scientist though
:dead  :dead  :dead  :dead  :dead  :dead

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
The standards for what qualifies as an amazing first post has really dropped

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

It was never there.

Absolutely. People have been falling all over themselves for years to quote Dookake's terrible first-post puns.
dog

Jansen

Someone explain to me why the first post deserves 80% of the thread being devoted to it with phrases like "REKT" "OMG" "first post strikes again" etc.

parallax

dookake destroyed the standards. years of horrible posts made for weaker stock

Dennis

(Image removed from quote.)

That is a lot of shibe  :doge

benjipwns

It's meant "first witty thing I thought of seeing the thread title" for some time now. Even before Dookake went from occasionally having a decent bad pun to having to produce regularly.

Also, weren't joke first posts and quoting them just to lol a way to get banned for a while under that "thread shitting" crackdown. :lol

etiolate

The thread shitting rule is pretty much what set neogaf down its path to ruin. The "thread shitting" kept the idiots in check somewhat. Without it the rule became be a teacher's pet or GTFO.

It's how you get someone thinking a penis looks like a plunger and pretty much nobody flinching. There's something terribly wrong with that boy and nobody can tell him without getting the banhammer.

shosta

jokes about bombing people are extremely alt-right
每天生气

benjipwns

jokes about bombing people are extremely alt-right
FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton was one of the first voices to speak out against Pepe, the hate symbol of the gamergate alt-right.

Now where's my NeoGAF.com approved Johm McCain tribute video...

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
The thread shitting rule is pretty much what set neogaf down its path to ruin. The "thread shitting" kept the idiots in check somewhat. Without it the rule became be a teacher's pet or GTFO.

It's how you get someone thinking a penis looks like a plunger and pretty much nobody flinching. There's something terribly wrong with that boy and nobody can tell him without getting the banhammer.
nyaawjiff should be renamed the center for incubation of weaponized autism.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Also the dick plunger thing is some stupid shit Joe Rogan said on his podcast last week. Listen to and take Joe 'alpha brain ONNIT' Rogan's opinions seriously friends.

agrajag

How is the penis shaped like a plunger?   ::)

If anything, it's like a silo. Or a rocket. I like the rocket comparison because rockets penetrate the skies, much like dicks penetrate vaginas and buttholes.

Boredfrom

It's just...it really seems like the majority of Gaffers can't comprehend that Democrat/progressive boosters can also be shitty people, and therefore are extra shocked and offended when something comes out about them, despite years of evidence and talk beforehand. Ben Affleck has been a KNOWN alcoholic, degenerate gambler, and womanizer for 20+ years now, with multiple instances of him being loaded and groping women on camera and cheating on his wife. Also having a brother known to do similar things.

There was a book on Harvey Weinstein in like...the early 2000s documenting his behavior with women. Bill Cosby's rapey tendencies has been a known and joked about thing in comedy circles since at least the 80s, and years before Hannibal made it mainstream, it came up on quite a few big podcasts like Joe Rogan Experience as something everyone in the comedy community knew about forever. Then, you know, Bill Clinton, who has multiple rape allegations and used his ultimate power as leader of the free world to get an intern in the White House to blow him, a woman who Hillary then spent years attacking and turning other women against her instead of seeing her as a victim to her clearly predatory husband, both of whom happened to have received millions of dollars from Harvey Weinstein.

There's a whole generation of people who legitimately think all people who vote Republican are terrible people, and all people that vote Democratic are great people, and anytime they see the opposite they can't comprehend it. Shit is absurd.

I blame Popgaf

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
It's just...it really seems like the majority of Gaffers can't comprehend that Democrat/progressive boosters can also be shitty people, and therefore are extra shocked and offended when something comes out about them, despite years of evidence and talk beforehand. Ben Affleck has been a KNOWN alcoholic, degenerate gambler, and womanizer for 20+ years now, with multiple instances of him being loaded and groping women on camera and cheating on his wife. Also having a brother known to do similar things.

There was a book on Harvey Weinstein in like...the early 2000s documenting his behavior with women. Bill Cosby's rapey tendencies has been a known and joked about thing in comedy circles since at least the 80s, and years before Hannibal made it mainstream, it came up on quite a few big podcasts like Joe Rogan Experience as something everyone in the comedy community knew about forever. Then, you know, Bill Clinton, who has multiple rape allegations and used his ultimate power as leader of the free world to get an intern in the White House to blow him, a woman who Hillary then spent years attacking and turning other women against her instead of seeing her as a victim to her clearly predatory husband, both of whom happened to have received millions of dollars from Harvey Weinstein.

There's a whole generation of people who legitimately think all people who vote Republican are terrible people, and all people that vote Democratic are great people, and anytime they see the opposite they can't comprehend it. Shit is absurd.

I blame Popgaf

I blame Evilore

benjipwns

If anything, it's like a silo. Or a rocket. I like the rocket comparison because rockets penetrate the skies, much like dicks penetrate vaginas and buttholes.
How is a smooth penetrating rocket going to claw back all the sperm from competing males (and only from them) in the gang rape?

I've seen the sentiment before that the human penis head is shaped that way so that when you orgasm, you inject your sperm in the last thrusts and on the pull out the head is scooping away any foreign sperm. I never put 2 and 2 together to associate this with gang rape. With how vile men still are several thousands of years after "civilization", this would not surprise me at all since we've been around for at least half a million years.

I'm no scientist though.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

I like thinking of it as a plunger because that means the vagina is a toilet.
serge

benjipwns

Honest question for everyone: how can you read this and not be devoured by the feeling that you're obligated to try to do something about it?

I'm 25. Working at my first job as a programmer. When I read this I just feel like I'm doing the wrong thing with my life. I'm trying to get back to my work in the middle of the day and it all just feels so insignificant right now.

People will say that I should just donate, but that feels like such a cop-out. Donating and good wishes is what everyone does, and look where it's gotten us. It feels morally wrong for me to not try to do everything I can to help people who are going through this sort of suffering.

I'm happy with my personal life. I have a boyfriend, a dog, and my mom, and I love them all very much. But that only makes me think about how I would do anything to protect them. I would do anything for my boyfriend because we love each other. My mom would do anything for me because we love each other. These are relationships that mean so much to me, and here they are being ripped apart on a scale that defies comprehension. Mothers losing sons, lovers losing each other. If I realize how powerful these relationships can be, if I would do anything to preserve them for myself, shouldn't I try to preserve them for other people?

I can always try to look away. I can look into my boyfriends eyes and play video games and laugh and focus on all the happiness around me. But this is also part of reality. Looking away doesn't make this suffering any less real. These atrocities are as real as anything I experience myself. Looking away is lying to myself.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
When did this forum decide to make Milkshake Duck a thing?
Why?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251753840

Indeed.
ὕβρις

agrajag

Why?

Indeed.

spoken like a true milkshake duck

benjipwns

I just feel so insignificant by my inability to end a centuries long religious conflict between millions. At 25, I feel like I've wasted my life on the wrong things if I can't even do anything to fix a problem like that. It's such a cop-out to pretend I'm not better than everyone else.

benjipwns

America's Dad saying most of the right things.

Don't be a milkshake duck Tom Hanks.
Milkshake Duck is an internet slang term referring to a representation of a viral internet star who is briefly adored by the public prior to the discovery of their distasteful or offensive past.
Definitely sounds like Tom Hanks, viral internet star for playing David S. Pumpkins on hit internet channel Saturday Night Live.

etiolate

Also the dick plunger thing is some stupid shit Joe Rogan said on his podcast last week. Listen to and take Joe 'alpha brain ONNIT' Rogan's opinions seriously friends.

makes sense

Rogan loves talking about chimp dicks.

shosta

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251757173&postcount=1733

Quote from: Professor Lexicovermis
This is precisely why I enjoy Gaf; people can just disagree CORDIALLY instead of every little difference of opinion blooming into a warzone!
每天生气

agrajag

Why?

Indeed.

Quote from: Lois_Lane
It's always been a thing, you're just a square.

agrajag

Why?

Indeed.

Quote from: Lois_Lane
It's always been a thing, you're just a square.

I'm gonna need a citation on that one

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Quote from: Stump
I've worn my hair down to the bottom of my back. I currently wear a beard down to my stomach

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251581829&postcount=518

My image of Stump behind the keyboard has certainly changed.

jesus christ, i clicked your post link thinking the sentence you quoted was the entire post

stump is the type of poster that considers himself much smarter than he actually is.  but that's not exactly an astute observation as anyone can see that from just skimming over a few of his snarky, long-winded novels.  this guy probably pulls in about 20-30k a year; just some completely average to below average joe in every facet of life

his moderator status on that forum is almost certainly his only position of power, so he uses it to reinforce the belief that he's a really smart dude

that's not the worst part.  the worst thing about it is that he genuinely believes people read them

We talking about Stump or Mumei?

benjipwns

Quote from: Karl Marx
The development of Modern Industry, therefore, cuts from under its feet the very foundation on which the bourgeoisie produces and appropriates products. What the bourgeoisie therefore produces, above all, are its own milkshake duck. Its fall and the victory of the proletariat are equally inevitable.

clothedmacuser

Does anyone have a link to the post where evilore said he was sick and tired of the  innuendo and "those people" posts insinuating everyone was a racist?  I could swear he said to knock it off unless I dreamed he wasn't a giant puss-mo.
sigh

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Does anyone have a link to the post where evilore said he was sick and tired of the  innuendo and "those people" posts insinuating everyone was a racist?  I could swear he said to knock it off unless I dreamed he wasn't a giant puss-mo.

This one?  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239047632

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
It's just...it really seems like the majority of Gaffers can't comprehend that Democrat/progressive boosters can also be shitty people, and therefore are extra shocked and offended when something comes out about them, despite years of evidence and talk beforehand.

Gaffers and people like gaffers dumbassedly conflate things they like with things that are good.
🍆🍆

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251762426
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251762630

I bought tons of copies of MGSV at full price. I thought it would be a good game.

:confused

I gave a total of 15 copies of MGSV to people here and on twitter, bought my own copy and also the CE edition of the game. :( I think it was like $750 worth. lol.

:neogaf
ὕβρις