Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2178889 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Oh shit :lol

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/10/i-am-woman-racist-dove-ad-not-a-victim

GAF scrambling for ways to still be triggered tho.

And before you attempt to respond with “but none of these have an Asian in them”, let me just say that I am under no obligation to treat this ad as an indivisible whole anymore than I’m obligated to analyze specific scenes from a film or a paragraph from a book. And neither is anyone else. This selective freedom is one of the wonders of literary interpretation.

Selective freedom :dead
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:55:45 PM by Raist »

etiolate

have we discussed this thread yet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447007

From the OP and his updates, it does sound like she was probably doing something shady

but good FUCK the responses in that thread.  are people that untrusting?

like 90% of people are just saying 'dump her', what's the issue

No, that's what I mean.  So many fuck her, dump her ass posts despite it being a more nuanced situation.

just feels super reactive is all

wait so you're a literal cuck now?

Tasty

filler is a milkshake duck for getting mad about my custom title

What was it?

Tasty

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447010

:lol :lol :lol

Cannot tell if OP is serious or not.

I guess that's why Hilldawg voters didn't Pokémon GO to the polls.

Nah, research shows Nintendo fans were typically Stein voters.

distinguished mentally-challenged people?

Still better than nonvoters.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251807630&postcount=203
man... the level of sad and pathetic you have to reach to create something like this is quite extraordinary. Literally crying and lashing out because your hate and bigotry aren't being coddled in comic books.
As stupid as it is, at least they went and created something instead of bitching and moaning and trying to get established characters changed to fit their narrative.  :yeshrug
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:08:17 PM by stufte »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
man... the level of sad and pathetic you have to reach to create something like this is quite extraordinary. Literally crying and lashing out because your hate and bigotry aren't being coddled in comic books.
As stupid as it is, at least they went and created something instead of bitching and moaning and trying to get established characters changed to fit their narrative.  :yeshrug

aren't you the guy that claims palmer lucky is an ok dude
püp

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

aren't you the guy that claims palmer lucky is an ok dude

Anecdotally, sure. And?

Raist

:drudge :drudge WE HAVE A NAZI. MODS PLZ. :drudge :drudge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Rumbler: Agra's title should be filler filler filler, tyia</Kara>.

Raist

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447592

All the sexual harassment going on in hollywood and we doing this?

Um, ok. Creepy.

She looks like she takes care of her health. Good for her!

:lol :lol :lol

Nabbis

• oops
I personally like to look at gluteus maximus butt okay.

Dennis

I said goddamn.

stufte

:phil :whoo :lawd :leon :noah :stahp :preach :mouf :checkit

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Girls with delts is my thing.

sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
all her episodes in Lost sucked though
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

Dennis

Fully clothed adult woman as she appeared on public TV. Thread locked almost instantly  :doge

NeoVICTORIAN is a nexus of hardcore prude gamers etc.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Fully clothed adult woman as she appeared on public TV. Thread locked almost instantly  :doge

NeoVICTORIAN is a nexus of hardcore prude gamers etc.

She didn't become a terrible actress with perfect delts on a big-budget TV show just have you objectivity her, kiddo.
©@©™

FStop7

There are so many women at my gym who are in that kind of shape.  It’s the best motivation.

zomgee

• We've *all*
Yes.

"Someday I will look like that woman."
rub

agrajag

Don't talk shit about my elven waifu

Boredfrom

I mean, what are they expecting from the Yakuza series? They are raunchy games even if they do it in tongue on cheek.

Raist

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447259

:rofl

To be honest I thought this was some alt-right people trying to make a nasty joke hashtag on twitter when I first saw it and saw the first tweets using it. Everyone I saw using it was making a joke of it.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251849111

does he force her to have sex to pay back her loans?

:donot
ὕβρις

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Bobby retweeted things yesterday. He failed the #boycott. Hopefully this means he’ll be unable to resist returning to GAF.
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Still better than nonvoters.
and i offered you room temperature ensure

benjipwns

Luckey didn't even donate to Trump, he donated to an anti-Hillary group. He was a second-time REVOLUTION newbie Ron Paul supporter (one of those) and then accidentally voted for Gary Johnson. Probably because Carmack tainted him by strapping an Ayn Rand book to his face.

I'm more amazed at people who still are surprised by John Carmack. Hermit computer programmer who becomes a multi-millionaire at age 20, who dabbles in wrecking Ferraris and launching shit into space, ordered the same pizza for 15 years, opposes patents and promotes open source software, is an atheist and met his wife at QuakeCon. When he was arrested as a kid for breaking into a school to steal Apple II's his psych eval report mentioned "no empathy for other human beings." Any two of these is a potential sign of a libertarian, three is almost dangerously so, let alone literally all of them

I mean, that's if we ignore his .plan's, twitter posts, etc. that all have descended into the darkest musings of libertarianism on the regular.

He's arguably the most famous milkshake duck of all time.

benjipwns

He supported Trump. He spend his money to help elect him. He also was dating someone who expressed these views which doesn’t help his case.

That’s enough to label someone a racist.
so he supported nazi efforts for the lulz & you're giving him the benefit of the doubt...?

if literal genocide views aren't black & white to you, either read a book or stop flirting with who you think you are & get fitted for that hood, because you're not fooling anyone
translation:open support for white supremacy & neo nazi beliefs aren't enough to minimize my admiration for his efforts in tech

I really hope no one here is still wondering how gg & their link to the growth of the alt-right happened
This Palmer defender is such a pathetic, small person.

Shame that scum like this continue to find their way to GAF.

Dismiss yourself.

Lime does it better:
The shit that Jason Rubin and John Carmack pulled back then made me lose all respect I had for them. Complicit in allowing a bigot like that in their spaces

Don't you guys realize that spewing violent, hateful rhetoric sinks you to the level of the "white supremacists" you claim to hate? TBH, I'm shocked these types of posts are allowed in this forum. If you disagree, please be vocal and let yourself be heard, but come armed with logic and reason; not abhorrent language and calls for physical brutality.
how is this troll not banned?

benjipwns

Quote from: Stinkles
Cool account bro. Nothing at all unusual about it.

Super unusual that an account with stats like this would be low-key defending racists or doing a misogyny too.
Franchise Development Director of the Halo franchise at 343 Industries fighting the toughest battles in the internets most dangerous neighborhoods.

benjipwns

Quote from: besada
As always, I invite the people who advocate educating nazis to go actually try it and come back and let us know how it worked for them.

They aren't hard to find, online or in person. So put your money where your mouth is and go walk the walk.

Maybe try doing something useful, rather than talking down to the victims of white supremacy.
https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/918513304561209350

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/918694520815890432

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447775

3:29
Why have I not heard of this show? Oh yeah, cause I don't watch trash tv. That being said, that clip was actually hilarious, dickheads being dickheads to each other. They both got what they deserved.

Gonna check out a few more eps to see if the people on it are always that awful.
ONLY IN AMERICA.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

This show does look amazing tho
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:bobby
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
 :bobby :goldberg

daycru

(Image removed from quote.)

I said goddamn.
In the interest of full disclosure I just masturbated to this. It owned.

Dennis

(Image removed from quote.)

I said goddamn.

her face does absolutely nothing for me

You are broken.

Edit: and banned already. Good job, mods

:dice

Raist

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447775

3:29
Why have I not heard of this show? Oh yeah, cause I don't watch trash tv. That being said, that clip was actually hilarious, dickheads being dickheads to each other. They both got what they deserved.

Gonna check out a few more eps to see if the people on it are always that awful.
ONLY IN AMERICA.

That would be the UK, bruv.

VomKriege

• Do the moron

Former Pussycat Dolls Member Reveals The Girl Group Was Really A Prostitution Ring

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1447895

There was always something off about them. Even being their target demographic(young heterosexual male in high school) when they came out. Could never put my hand on it.

:lol
ὕβρις

shosta

Not really a big surprise that a lot of shady shit goes on in these boy and girl bands, but before everyone jumps on #Team Kaya be aware she is a huge trump supporter, and just yesterday was on Sean Hannity's show and I think Tomi Lahren's. Doesn't have any consequence on whether her allegations are true or false but she may not be the person you hope she is.
每天生气

Raist

Obesity among US adults reaches all-time high, 40% of adults and 19% of kids

We need to ask Asians for their secret.

I don't even see how we can solve this outside of educating people. How's the rest of the world fighting this problem?

It's a fucking mystery!

shosta

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=252008771

Quote from: Makai
The wording in these tweets reads like someone in the manic phase of a psychotic episode. It’s very distinct. Couple that with the relentless pace of her Twitter and retweeting her own tweets (??) and yeah
每天生气

Raist

A little while back a Twitter friend of mine lamented that they had broken their hand and wouldn't be playing games for a long time. This kind of broke my heart, since when I've been in the hospital or in recovery, video games were a huge help. I started trying to come up with options for them and stumbled upon some cool one-handed game controllers such as the Agetec ASCII Grip for the Playstation or the ASCII Stick Super L5 for the SNES. However, these controllers are only for older consoles and can also get a bit pricey.

That's when I had a revelation. The Switch Joy-Con.

Picture provided in the post:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:lol

nudemacusers

Br 2049 has made half of its $100M here; all while releasing in like 30 countries. Thankfully it’ll have some staying power overseas since foreign audiences (who are more artistically sensitive) will attend in lieu of trash like Thor.

:doge^ :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zomgee

• We've *all*

Obesity among US adults reaches all-time high, 40% of adults and 19% of kids

We need to ask Asians for their secret.

I don't even see how we can solve this outside of educating people. How's the rest of the world fighting this problem?

It's a fucking mystery!

What's great about GAF is that they never fall for this stuff. They're all healthy, exercising, awesome diet North Americans who never eat fast food and can make an 8oz bag of rice last 13 years. Why the very concept of a McNugget is abhorrent.

rub

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
A forum that modded a fast food marketer

etiolate

Are you taco bell body ready?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=252017087

GAFer, who I can only assume is 17 years old and has only had a job  as a fast food restaurant server to this point, thinks anyone who makes over 75k a year (Canadian, so 60k US) is “straight up rich. :lol

edit:  ah, yup, profile says the kid is a compsci student at SFU.  So yeah, when I was 23, I remember thinking that making 73k within 3 years' time was "good" money.  However, I also knew that my dad made 70k a year as a transport truck driver, so I sure as hell knew that anything within sniffing distance of what a trucker made wasn't "rich" lmao.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:22:37 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Dennis

Today I found out I am rich. #blessed

Boredfrom

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252001010&postcount=1902

Complain about America only wanting sequels and derivative works as the reason a sequel of a derivative work flopped, brehs.

Is not a bad film, thought.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Today I found out I'm poor.

Just kidding, I've known for years.  :success
Fish<

Vertigo

Uh Oh...

Former Naughty Dog employee says he was sexually harassed by a lead in late 2015

In late 2015, I was sexually harassed at Naughty Dog by a lead. My work environment became extremely toxic afterward. 1/

In February 2016 I had a mental breakdown at work & Sony Playstation HR became involved. When I told them about the harassment they... 2/

...ended the call and fired me the next day. They cited the company was moving in a different direction and my job was no longer needed. 3/

They tried to silence me by offering $20,000 if I signed a letter agreeing to the termination as well as to not discuss it with anyone. 4/

I declined to sign. I have been unemployed for 17 months since. When interviewers ask why I left Naughty Dog, I say I was burned out... 5/

...by the crunch, ashamed to get to the root of the problem of being sexually harassed. 6/

I'm speaking out now because of the strength I've seen in others coming forward about their experiences in the TV/Film industry. 7/

This is the hardest thing I've ever done. I will not let anyone kill my drive or love for the video game industry, my passions or life. /END

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Druckmann!!!!

Vertigo

Druckmann!!!!

I doubt anyone would dare make that joke in that thread

:crazy

I love that even in a thread about something as serious as that we get this kind of exchange.

Quote from: True Fire;
This is bad. I hope Console Warriors step aside and support this guy. Someone needs to answer to this.

Quote from: InsaneTiger;
This.  Guarantee this has happened at the big three and all the major publishers.

Insane Tiger is a well known Sony shill. I have to admire that kind of shameless toadying.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
Edit: Upon further reflection, I'm also feeling weird about Naughty Dog's progressive messages in its games (LGBT, PoC characters, etc.) in retrospect. Is this something that a single executive committed and covered up, or is there a wider infestation and shush order throughout Naughty Dog? Fucking crazy.

:derp :derp :derp

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
"You can not say things like that without proofs. This is serious."

"This is where I am at, this is not like Weinstein/Trump or whatever."

where's evilore?  :lol

Take My Breh Away

How long till someone points out that they are posting about it on a site where the owner not only admitted they sexually harassed a woman, he bragged about it online? :thinking