Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2179224 times)

helios

Re: TheBore Safe Haven from GAF Alt-Right Mods - Something something titanic
« Reply #4680 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
Apparently a few more mods stepped down but they can't be demodded cause the site's been breaking  :lol

Poor Lore can't even post his Statement
What if gaf’s implosion is his statement? 🤔

His statement is going to be a violent jet of shit shooting out of his elf anus

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #4681 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
Sup MCD? how ya doing?

Other than being a total Overwatch slut junkie I'm cool. Thanks for asking.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4682 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:43 PM »
I just approved an account named "TestofTide." :doge

please post the receipts

Gigan

« Reply #4683 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
so what I'm hearing is this place needs a.milkshake duck thread

OT is the best right now.

I wouldn't fucking know because lore was too busy getting through a thousand fights to upgrade his servers >:(

I'm so very glad someone else remembers that quote, bwahaha

Hey, tell everyone in the retro threads to come here. We cant do this retro message board stuff on Discord.

ModernBoxes

« Reply #4684 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »
As turdly as GAF can be it's a legit community and it held value to many of us. Fuck Malka for taking it with him. Can't say I'm surprised given his prior shit.

Thank fuck I didn't say hi to him at E3 that one year.

Unannounced perma bans with no appeal process quietly snipes people in this "community" and they lose contact forever. So fuck them.

Nah, fuck the police there and the chief (Malka) especially. Tons of the communities on there were thorough and great for hobbyists. At the very least it was a reliable place to find passionate gamers talking about something you cared about.

My point is there was a kempt community with a solid direction bigger than Malka and his disgusting shit. Guy should've stepped down immediately and salvaged the thing that was way bigger than him.

What I'm saying is these communities were good, but being a part of one and then perma banned with no way of keeping contact is a pretty fucked up process. Took me eleven years to get banned. 5 bans in 11 years is a lot I guess!

Frankie_baby

« Reply #4685 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
Taco bell sux

spoiler (click to show/hide)
for only opening like half a dozen restaurants in my country and none of them anywhere i can get to so ive never had a chance to try it
[close]

studyguy

« Reply #4686 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »
(+ 14 Hidden) and 518 Guests are viewing this topic.
I'm not that into exhibitionism :letsfukk
pause

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4687 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
EL should’ve married a nice girl and become a family man. He was way too into the playboy lifestyle and it backfired lol.

BobbyRobert's revenge mutates from Heff to Lore from beyond the grave!

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4688 on: October 21, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »
Has Steve Youngblood bowed out yet? I feel like he’s the only way we’ll figure out what the meltdown was like from the inside.

I assume he hasn’t logged on or doesn’t give a shit
püp

zepblackstar

« Reply #4689 on: October 21, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol Twitter just roasting

Blair

« Reply #4690 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »
EL should’ve married a nice girl and become a family man. He was way too into the playboy lifestyle and it backfired lol.

Did he really think that anyone was buying the image of himself he was selling? He typed like an alien which straight away perturbed people

omensetter

« Reply #4691 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »
Taco Bell is good if you're drunk and it's 2 in the morning and your roommate owes you a meal. It's good most other times too.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #4692 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »

This implies that a nice girl would want to marry him.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4693 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
:lore
dog

Switters

« Reply #4694 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »

You weren't a voice that needed to be heard. If only you were black or a transsexual you would've been safe.
[/quote]

Is this where we self-police?
troll

Frankie_baby

« Reply #4695 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
As turdly as GAF can be it's a legit community and it held value to many of us. Fuck Malka for taking it with him. Can't say I'm surprised given his prior shit.

Unannounced perma bans with no appeal process quietly snipes people in this "community" and they lose contact forever. So fuck them.

Nah, fuck the police there and the chief (Malka) especially. Tons of the communities on there were thorough and great for hobbyists. At the very least it was a reliable place to find passionate gamers talking about something you cared about.

My point is there was a kempt community with a solid direction bigger than Malka and his disgusting shit. Guy should've stepped down immediately and salvaged the thing that was way bigger than him.

What I'm saying is these communities were good, but being a part of one and then perma banned with no way of keeping contact is a pretty fucked up process. Took me eleven years to get banned. 5 bans in 11 years is a lot I guess!

Im currently on my 9th ban from there in 10 years so no thats not a lot

Boredfrom

« Reply #4696 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »
Man, I feel like games journalism just got so much more ethical tonight.

We'll see how much this penetrates the "mainstream." Schreier is personal friends with Malka and a lot of enthusiast press love Gaf for making the 2017 version of their shit jobs easy; they can just go to the frontpage of gaming on Gaf and repurpose the hot takes there to create easy alarmist red meat for their dwindling/aging hardcore readership. Same "x is killing the industry" shit every week.

Being fair, outside of users with obvious ties with internet blogging posting links to "interesting" articles, nobody cares that much about Gaf anymore. I can see Schereier throwing EL under the bus given how close he got to GAF in recent years.

Lothar

« Reply #4697 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:11 PM »
Glad i heard about this place. I was perma'd from that "other place" recently for saying it can be up its own ass with a reason saying "Suck my dick". I loved GAF, no GG/far right bullshit but man was it getting (or always was?) too authoritarian. Happy to be here.

Hi, I was banned in the same thread with the same message.  Back in June.  It was shitty at first.  But surprisingly, I haven't missed it. 

If anyone wants another huge forum to check out, SomethingAwful is better than Gaf in every way.

IrishNinja

« Reply #4698 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »
You weren't a voice that needed to be heard. If only you were black or a transsexual you would've been safe.

yeah, quality shit right here
poor white dudes, our voices need to be heard

Kevtones

« Reply #4699 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »
LA Bore likes Taco Bell? Wtf.
wrong

Dennis

« Reply #4700 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:52 PM »
Taco Bell is good if you're drunk and it's 2 in the morning and your roommate owes you a meal. It's good most other times too.

:paul

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4701 on: October 21, 2017, 09:30:09 PM »
LA Bore likes Taco Bell? Wtf.

Oh nice, hey kevtones
püp

helios

« Reply #4702 on: October 21, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »
Glad i heard about this place. I was perma'd from that "other place" recently for saying it can be up its own ass with a reason saying "Suck my dick". I loved GAF, no GG/far right bullshit but man was it getting (or always was?) too authoritarian. Happy to be here.

Hi, I was banned in the same thread with the same message.  Back in June.  It was shitty at first.  But surprisingly, I haven't missed it. 

If anyone wants another huge forum to check out, SomethingAwful is better than Gaf in every way.
SomethingAwful is a dead gay forum and I like it.

It's also nice seeing rapsheets

sphagnum

« Reply #4703 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »

Luckily I still have an account from like 10 years ago so I'm thinking that might be where I head back to

And the rhizzone

Marhunchy

« Reply #4704 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
welp it's down

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4705 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:22 PM »

SA has just as many skeletons as GAF, though. Why would I spend :10bux: to post on GAF-lite?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4706 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »
Seen on NZfarms...

:crowdlaff

MILLIONS !
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #4707 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:45 PM »

Is this where we self-police?
[/quote]
Yes, he completely failed to acknowledge other POC
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Switters

« Reply #4708 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
Ya'll need to cook. Goddamn. This Taco Bell talk has me reconsidering my previous praise.
troll

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4709 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

With this happening will you now been known as Deep Throat?  :P 

Epsilon-delta

« Reply #4710 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »

No way a nice girl marries Evilore. As Evilore already knows, money can only take you so far.

Himu

« Reply #4711 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:30 PM »
it's not that everywheres a gg/alt right shithole, but I've seen that shit creep up and take root quick when not stomped out is all

Yeah, but while you're new to this community (stick around, btw, you were always a real one) this thread has been ongoing for years without any of that bullshit. It gets stomped out by the users telling them to fuck off. SJ W even got autocorrected to Social Studies Warrior to make fun of people using that as an insult.

No it wasn't. It was changed to SSW because what SJWs are. They aren't remotely about social justice. Hence the name change.
IYKYK

ModernBoxes

« Reply #4712 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:35 PM »

Only minorities have opinions worth listening to. You thought you struggled when you lost half your ancestors to the potato famine? Let me tell you a little something called stop and frisk..

Occam

« Reply #4713 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:37 PM »
GAF is becoming a fascinating experiment in what would happen if the moderation staff completely abandoned a fairly prominent high traffic message board. It'll be like a Chernobyl of the internet, where one can study from afar whatever mutated flora and fauna don't fuck off and leave.

The mods get replaced easily. The problem is that the cheap fuck appointed admins to manage his site for free in exchange for imaginary authority.

That's actually something I never understood about NeoGAF. Evilore made tens of thousands a month but paid the people who kept the site going nothing. Why were they all ok with this?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4714 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »
What a wholesome and tight-knit community i found

My user on GAF is/was SG-17

Jack Remington finally has a friend.

Dennis

« Reply #4715 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
Seen on NZfarms...

(Image removed from quote.)

:crowdlaff

MILLIONS !

NintendosBooger is an expert who goes skiing with CEOs.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4716 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
I just approved an account named "TestofTide." :doge

Who?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319172

I hope this news is true and he has permanent immunity from banning.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4717 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »
Finale Fireworker
@FFireworker
There is no community I’ve ever been more proud to be part of than GAF. For such a vibrant community to fall victim to its admin is a tragedy. I love you all.

https://twitter.com/FFireworker/status/921841771595943938

https://twitter.com/FFireworker/status/921843365804724224

Boredfrom

« Reply #4718 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »

Im not white but my voice was silenced by big white texan Besada.

IrishNinja

« Reply #4719 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »
Hey, tell everyone in the retro threads to come here. We cant do this retro message board stuff on Discord.

wait why not

nudemacusers

« Reply #4720 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »
Ya'll need to cook. Goddamn. This Taco Bell talk has me reconsidering my previous praise.
We have a few mouthbreathing degenerates dragging this place down. It’s why it’s important for the rest of us to maintain dignity and standards without compromise.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4721 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:41 PM »
Only minorities have opinions worth listening to. You thought you struggled when you lost half your ancestors to the potato famine? Let me tell you a little something called stop and frisk..

#punchacromwellian

Kevtones

« Reply #4722 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:43 PM »

Yeah, very true and shitty. There was no appeals process or debate. Not well  managed. Think I had four bans in 11-12 or so. All seemed petty.
wrong

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4723 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »

SA has just as many skeletons as GAF, though. Why would I spend :10bux: to post on GAF-lite?

SA mods have a sense of humor and you can see exactly why someone was banned, I like that about it
萌え~

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4724 on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »
If you think the taco bell love is too much just wait for the blatantly gay subtext and dumpster orgies.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:letsfukk
[close]

omensetter

« Reply #4725 on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »
SomethingAwful may be a dead gay comedy board but I still like it and it has a lot of interesting nerds

Lothar

« Reply #4726 on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »

SomethingAwful is a dead gay forum and I like it.

It's also nice seeing rapsheets

And there's actually a whole sub forum where you're allowed to bitch and complain about forum things and mods will reply to you and discuss it.  A lot of transparency and communication there.  Also no reaction gifs!!  They're outlawed.  Same for meme pictures outside of one meme thread.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4727 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »

Your virtue signaling has no power here mithrandir

Epsilon-delta

« Reply #4728 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:49 PM »
That's actually something I never understood about NeoGAF. Evilore made tens of thousands a month but paid the people who kept the site going nothing. Why were they all ok with this?

Power? Who knows but I do agree with you.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4729 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
gonna be funny when gaf bounces back like nothing happened tomorrow

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4730 on: October 21, 2017, 09:36:08 PM »
True patriot of the forum. :salute
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4731 on: October 21, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »
We have a few mouthbreathing degenerates dragging this place down. It’s why it’s important for the rest of us to maintain dignity and standards without compromise.

Nicca I’ve seen the shit you wear
püp

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4732 on: October 21, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »

It will get taken care of grasshopper.  Just be patient.
sigh

Himu

« Reply #4733 on: October 21, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
Living in Los Angeles, it's hard to get excited about Taco Bell. There are taco trucks that put out superior product on three separate street corners closer to me than the nearest Taco Bell. It's like living in New York and getting excited about Papa John's.

Taco Bell isn't Mexican food the same way American Chinese isnt Chinese food. You can like both.
IYKYK

Rman

« Reply #4734 on: October 21, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »
I give it two weeks to business as usual. New mods will be named and back to business.

SwolDic

« Reply #4735 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:03 PM »
is it bad that i'm getting a semi over this? watching this place implode is the best porn i've watched in the last 24 hours.

IrishNinja

« Reply #4736 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »

yeah, blacks stay treated as 2nd class citizens to this day, by every tier of our justice system
real knee slapper, that

studyguy

« Reply #4737 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:09 PM »
Paying money to talk to a bunch of fucking nerds. 
:heyman
pause

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #4738 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:16 PM »
GAF is becoming a fascinating experiment in what would happen if the moderation staff completely abandoned a fairly prominent high traffic message board. It'll be like a Chernobyl of the internet, where one can study from afar whatever mutated flora and fauna don't fuck off and leave.

The mods get replaced easily. The problem is that the cheap fuck appointed admins to manage his site for free in exchange for imaginary authority.

Because some people are so fucking pathetic that will actually work for free just to impose their shitty ideology on others or feel powerful on the internet.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4739 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »
is it bad that i'm getting a semi over this? watching this place implode is the best porn i've watched in the last 24 hours.

Yes.  Go outside
püp