Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2260770 times)

ModernBoxes

Re: TheBore Safe Haven from GAF Alt-Right Mods - Something something titanic
« Reply #4800 on: October 21, 2017, 09:58:47 PM »
Only minorities have opinions worth listening to. You thought you struggled when you lost half your ancestors to the potato famine? Let me tell you a little something called stop and frisk..

yeah, blacks stay treated as 2nd class citizens to this day, by every tier of our justice system
real knee slapper, that

Raise a kid to believe he'll always be a victim. Tell everyone else every little movement is a micro aggression towards said kids existence. Create a narrative that white people are born in sin and can only repent by physically doubling as a step ladder. I mean you can suck my dick i guess.

White people will be replaced and I can't fuckin wait.

Who is this mystery race and are they white?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Re: TheBore Safe Haven from GAF Alt-Right Mods - *THE STATEMENT*
« Reply #4801 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
IrishNinja out here engaging with the worst parts of Bore and will leave with that impression  >:(

Scrooged

« Reply #4802 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:35 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Evilore's own shitty site organized dozens of SJ W witchhunts against people who might be completely innocent because someone said something on the internet. He allowed that sick mentality of guilty before proven innocent because TOLERANCE. In fact many people got banned for daring to ask people think critically or be a little suspicious. The bans remained even after some of these witchhunts were proven to be hoaxes.

Even if he did absolutely nothing wrong he deserves this.

Yeah, the site has been getting increasingly militant.  The amount of virtue signalling was getting to a fever pitch level. Guess it was only a matter of time before that mentality came back to bite them in the ass. 

studyguy

« Reply #4803 on: October 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »
If you're not here to shit on PD's love for Olive Garden, Game of Thrones or the Lions then you're gonna have a bad time.
pause

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4804 on: October 21, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »
IrishNinja out here engaging with the worst parts of Bore and will leave with that impression  >:(

He won't show dick, anyway. So who cares? >:(

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4805 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »
IrishNinja is a cool poster.

Makai

« Reply #4806 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:05 PM »
It's going to okay, gang. Evilore has agreed to sell me neogaf for $1000

El Babua

« Reply #4807 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
Only minorities have opinions worth listening to. You thought you struggled when you lost half your ancestors to the potato famine? Let me tell you a little something called stop and frisk..

yeah, blacks stay treated as 2nd class citizens to this day, by every tier of our justice system
real knee slapper, that

Raise a kid to believe he'll always be a victim. Tell everyone else every little movement is a micro aggression towards said kids existence. Create a narrative that white people are born in sin and can only repent by physically doubling as a step ladder. I mean you can suck my dick i guess.

White people will be replaced and I can't fuckin wait.

They all will know Thom Yorke's solo career is garbo.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4808 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »
It's been 12 hours since the promise of a statement, I guess there won't be one until Evilore settles in to his new home in Bolivia.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4809 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »
"The NeoGAF scandal and/or bitching about social justice garbage is NOT VIDEO GAMES. Threads posted about it will be deleted and the posters warned or banned. If you want to talk about it go to /pol/. If you want to stay on /v/, then talk about VIDEO GAMES."

Haha, 4chan getting tired of the hoopla.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4810 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:39 PM »
https://pastebin.com/XUQP39JV
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888476 "I am NOT a bigot" to give him a soap box, whilst defending the defensible, and condemning the indefensible (because I don't take sides, i find truth, and i don't affiliate myself with anyone). I warned him with PM, that the mod would not be able to hold their ground and it WOULD honeypot, which WAS the goal (to make a hugbox become more of an echochamber so that it slowly yet surely implodes... this was ALL part of the plan, I brought the topic TO GAF because I brought up arguments which could not be countered for and against it). In the end, so many got banned, LIME got a soapbox of their own ( a blessing and a curse), and a new tone was set for the forum. Again, I want to stress that I was never a troll, or a shitposter, but rather, in the words of the electric light orchestra:

He created Lime!!!  This is like Batman (1989)!

I think Huelen is just LARPING. Or has a totally different alternate personality that is Hannibal lite, just replacing cannibalism with fawning about Nintendo.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4811 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »
Huelen watching all of this from his hotel room like the guy from Sliver.  I know you're reading this, you sick fuck.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4812 on: October 21, 2017, 10:04:06 PM »
It's been 12 hours since the promise of a statement, I guess there won't be one until Evilore settles in to his new home in Bolivia.
To be fair it's not like he could post it on the forum.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4813 on: October 21, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
"The NeoGAF scandal and/or bitching about social justice garbage is NOT VIDEO GAMES. Threads posted about it will be deleted and the posters warned or banned. If you want to talk about it go to /pol/. If you want to stay on /v/, then talk about VIDEO GAMES."

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/146178553

Here's that thread if anyone is curious.  :doge

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4814 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:10 PM »

Thom Yorke had a solo career?

the revelations keep coming

:mindblown

Shuri

« Reply #4815 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4816 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:28 PM »
Many suspected Lime was a troll account shared by mods, because of his incredible ability to be a resident of Scandinavia or the US depending on the thread or what the discussion entailed, his total imperviousness to any moderation despite creating outrageous threads by the dozen and his caricatural persona (basically "Super-Social Studies Warrior") which all looked a bit like the formerly known "honey trap" threads. He's been at it for months.

HUELEN was the typical weird Gaffot, the sort to special fellow on making comparison of Sonic eyes color across all games all while being super awkward and lacking... maturity in discussing certain issues. Was too extreme even for GAF, bugged off quite a bit ago.

Now HUELEN is implying he was Lime all along.
ὕβρις

omensetter

« Reply #4817 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:39 PM »
Gaming side is informing me that Dino Crisis will return

Switters

« Reply #4818 on: October 21, 2017, 10:05:44 PM »
Does anyone know a dev from Pillars of Eternity? I was wondering if they could patch in a side quest where you burn the Goose and Fox to the ground and replace Evilore's avatar pic with Dennis.
troll

helios

« Reply #4819 on: October 21, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »

:nsfanyone

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

ModernBoxes

« Reply #4820 on: October 21, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
Quote from: ModernBoxes

Is this what it's like to feel triggered? My palms are sweaty. 

thisismyusername

« Reply #4821 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:05 PM »
Does anyone know a dev from Pillars of Eternity? I was wondering if they could patch in a side quest where you burn the Goose and Fox to the ground and replace Evilore's avatar pic with Dennis.

:donot If we're going to do that, it'd be Polyhedron.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #4822 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:09 PM »
Wait Dino Crisis is coming back?
reckt

border

« Reply #4823 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:20 PM »
Why is this only happening now?

75% of the allegations against Evilore were already public knowledge to longtime NeoGAF members, and these improprieties were frequent talking points for the Gamergate/KotakuInAction crowd. 

How is it that nobody cared until now?  No major websites or media outlets have run a story about NeoGAF.  What is it that made the story gain traction this time?  Just the fact that there's yet another allegation of Evilore being scummy? 

Do we have Harvey Weinstein to thank for this?

omensetter

« Reply #4824 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

One of his first solo ventures was a song for the second Twilight movie.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4825 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »
My palms are sweaty.

knees weak, arms are heavy?

studyguy

« Reply #4826 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:07 PM »
Bore getting 503s now
RIP Demi's pocketbook.
 :salute
pause

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4827 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
if you're going to have a race war can you get it over with. i don't care who wins i just want to make sure i'm on that side.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4828 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Many suspected Lime was a troll account shared by mods, because of his incredible ability to be a resident of Scandinavia or the US depending on the thread or what the discussion entailed, his total imperviousness to any moderation despite creating outrageous threads by the dozen and his caricatural persona (basically "Super-Social Studies Warrior") which all looked a bit like the formerly known "honey trap" threads. He's been at it for months.

HUELEN was the typical weird Gaffot, the sort to special fellow on making comparison of Sonic eyes color acoss all games all while being super awkward and lacking... maturity in discussing certain issues. Was too extreme even for GAF, bugged off quite a bit ago.

Now HUELEN is implying he was Lime all along.

Which is BS given how different bid the writing of both Lime and Huelen. Also Lime loved Homeworld.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4829 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
Gaming side is informing me that Dino Crisis will return
I'm not going to lie, that jawmuncher dude is fucking annoying. Like shut the fuck up. Liking  a whatever 90s game series does not make you cool or nifty.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #4830 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »

:nsfw

[close]

Awful board but they can produce some gems from time to time :dead

Pills Here

« Reply #4831 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
Since when did Lime get such a high profile anyway? I still remember when the dumb cunt was being a creepy sex pest in the old Kpop threads years ago.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4832 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Huelen watching all of this from his hotel room like the guy from Sliver.  I know you're reading this, you sick fuck.
her
每天生气

helios

« Reply #4833 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

[close]

Ahem

Switters

« Reply #4834 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »

:donot If we're going to do that, it'd be Polyhedron.

In the interests of history you are absolutely right. A death aspected Godwoken, no doubt.
troll

thisismyusername

« Reply #4835 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:41 PM »

[close]

That wasn't /pol/ it was voat, IIRC.

Shuri

« Reply #4836 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
Did you guys ever think it was weird how hard the mods were about suppressing discussion about that Nintendo Marketing  Girl that got fired.

It always felt.. so weird. 

Almost personal.

:ohhh

« Reply #4837 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »

75% of the allegations against Evilore were already public knowledge to longtime NeoGAF members, and these improprieties were frequent talking points for the Gamergate/KotakuInAction crowd. 

How is it that nobody cared until now?  No major websites or media outlets have run a story about NeoGAF.  What is it that made the story gain traction this time?  Just the fact that there's yet another allegation of Evilore being scummy? 

Weinstein seems to have finally been the straw to break the camals back on power, sex and abuse of both.

Seems like Trump getting elected is finally helping us fix some of the U.S. woes, if only painfully.

Also hello all.

iPaul

« Reply #4838 on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »
I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore.Also, why can't I use an avatar :( ?

« Reply #4839 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »
Could he reasonably just shut down OT altogether? I mean every thread was just one call to arms after another. The last fun thread I can remember in OT was the funhouse scare pics and that was years ago... (expansive ellipses)

No OT, no vigilant dog-pile brigade, any useful OT thread moved to community... just replace evilore somehow and the site would instantly become better.
You think it was just him? Most of those mods were shit. He wasn't even the worse one in terms of modding the site.

I know right? It’s hard to pick a single worst.

Rman

« Reply #4840 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »

This is the second one.  Moreover, this happened after the tenor of GAF has become more unforgiving to any type of impropriety. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4841 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »
What's with this "super social studies warrior" stuff here?  LOL, you guys sound like such dorks when you say that.

In quotes because obviously tongue-in-cheek. Just a shorthand to saying Lime was the epitome of the grating progressive militant.
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4842 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »

One of his first solo ventures was a song for the second Twilight movie.

:cac

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #4843 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »

[close]

That wasn't /pol/ it was voat, IIRC.

I take it all back  :beli

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #4844 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:26 PM »
Could he reasonably just shut down OT altogether? I mean every thread was just one call to arms after another. The last fun thread I can remember in OT was the funhouse scare pics and that was years ago... (expansive ellipses)

No OT, no vigilant dog-pile brigade, any useful OT thread moved to community... just replace evilore somehow and the site would instantly become better.

OT would need to get rid of any political/social/race talk, or keep it to one centralized thread.  No shitposts, ban baiting, meme/gif replies, demands for reciepts, etc and have mods enforce the rules instead of hiding behind modbot.  Get rid of the "protected posters".  It's a video game forum.  It needs to take itself much less seriously.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4845 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

Because GG and KiA are failures as "movements".

helios

« Reply #4846 on: October 21, 2017, 10:12:30 PM »

You think it was just him? Most of those mods were shit. He wasn't even the worse one in terms of modding the site.

Fear the Young Blood

Spill the beans!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4847 on: October 21, 2017, 10:12:42 PM »

The real tyrant is now here.  >:(
ὕβρις

tuna_love

« Reply #4848 on: October 21, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »

:bolo

omensetter

« Reply #4849 on: October 21, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »

Steve have you read the Statement

daemon

« Reply #4850 on: October 21, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »
Hey guys what's going o--OH MY GOD.

Dennis

« Reply #4851 on: October 21, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »

Spill the beans on Besada and Lime.

ModernBoxes

« Reply #4852 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
GAF will be back. Too easy to make a statement saying "under new management nothing to see here" There is no single place to divert the population to. Demi said this won't be the new GAF. Give it a few weeks.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4853 on: October 21, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »
Steve, did you quit?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4854 on: October 21, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »
her
Them
Those
The Many
The construct
sigh

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #4855 on: October 21, 2017, 10:15:35 PM »
steve youngblood is still a mod though, right?

really makes ya think

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4856 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:13 PM »
Lore's statement is up ! Didn't think it was happening, guess I was wrong...  :doge

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.neogaf.com home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.neogaf.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
[close]
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #4857 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »

Because GG and KiA are failures as "movements".

I guess you could call harassing women a "movement".

Now shut the fuck up about GG. We're almost at the point where we'll never hear it again.

Sorry senpai  :uguu

Propagandhim

« Reply #4858 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
Steven, talk to us.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4859 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
steve youngblood is still a mod though, right?

really makes ya think

Really activates the almonds, eh?