Author Topic: Google Hardware Thread · Pixel Phones and Nest Homes  (Read 44742 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Google Hardware Thread · Pixel Phones and Nest Homes
« Reply #480 on: October 30, 2021, 06:44:14 PM »
Wife's Pixel 6 came in.  It's exactly the same size as the Pixel 4 XL.  She got the "Sorta Seafoam" color, which looks pretty green in photos online, but instead it's more white for the most part.

:confused
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
Pixel 6 Pro- This is the slipperiest phone I have ever held, what the hell were they thinking?  I set it down on the box to transfer data and it started sliding downwards.  It slides when you hold it.  :lol  The Google-branded case for it helps, but it is also a bit slippery. 
:dead

This was a dumb decision on their part.  Should have stuck with the matte texture the previous phones had.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Also- do you want a glass screen protector?  Better not be replying on that fingerprint sensor unlock if you do! :awesome
ど助平

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2021, 10:04:29 PM »
The fingerprint sensor is the only thing putting me off getting a Pro to replace my 4xl. People bagged on the 4's face unlock, but I've never had any issues with it. Hopefully they're able to patch it in

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2021, 11:10:19 PM »
The fingerprint sensor is the only thing putting me off getting a Pro to replace my 4xl. People bagged on the 4's face unlock, but I've never had any issues with it. Hopefully they're able to patch it in

Yeah- don't understand why this can't have both options.

I missed the fingerprint sensor when went from a Pixel 2 to a 4XL- on the back of the phone, that is.  Here I don't think I care as much and will probably just use an unlock code.  It's not a very fast sensor compared to other phones.  Now that I have been able to check out both models, I'd definitely just get a regular Pixel 6 over the Pro.  The extra stuff doesn't seem worth it, IMO.  I don't regret my purchase, but the Pro was not necessary.

Meanwhile, accessory sellers must be losing their minds right now with all the negative reviews for their products due to protectors interfering with the fingerprint sensor.
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2021, 11:28:47 PM »
The death of the back fingerprint sensor is the normies biggest crime. It already solved what in screen fingerprint sensors are meant to be solving. It was so good. People that didn't like it are fucking narcs

I almost ordered a 6 because my 4xl front camera stopped working for like 4 days. and not having selfie cam/face unlock was making me weirdly agitated.

It came back though, so I think I might keep using it until the wheels fall off

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2021, 12:11:55 AM »
Yeah, like I don't NEED a new phone, but Google is too fuckin smart and keeps feeding me reviews saying BEST ANDROID PHONE EVER and THIS PHONE GAVE ME THE GREATEST RIMJOB OF MY LIFE and I feel like I need to jump IN

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »
Also- do you want a glass screen protector?  Better not be replying on that fingerprint sensor unlock if you do! :awesome

There's an option under display to make the sensor for sensitivity for screen protectors.

https://www.xda-developers.com/improve-fingerprint-scanner-of-pixel-6/

Fifstar

« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2021, 07:00:01 AM »
Love this phone especially coming from a cheap Xiaomi, but why does Google insist on keeping the day and date on the home screen even if you deativate the at a glance function. Super unnecessary, takes up space for apps and doesn't even seem to se be a purpose for Google like the also stupid fixed search bar does.
Gulp