Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2145704 times)

Rise

Re: The Other Forum Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #300 on: November 04, 2017, 04:46:25 AM »
Somewhere out there on the internet, it’s possible that benji is cold and alone. Maybe even without food or water. Let’s set our differences aside and pull together for benji?
he's got the cod ww2 thread

all is good in the world

Re: The Other Forum Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #301 on: November 04, 2017, 04:51:38 AM »
I’m so confused by all of this. Does anyone even know what the tone of this thread is supposed to be? And who is or who is not ok to make fun of? I’m a very new Junior but it seems like there is no consensus even among the Senior members of what it is or should be.

Coax

« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2017, 04:53:46 AM »
When GAF suddenly manages to have less drama than the Bore and RE combined

:delicious

agrajag

« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2017, 04:53:52 AM »
I’m so confused by all of this. Does anyone even know what the tone of this thread is supposed to be? And who is or who is not ok to make fun of? I’m a very new Junior but it seems like there is no consensus even among the Senior members of what it is or should be.

I see you're still suffering from GAF PTSD. I prescribe to you a solid regimen of shitposting for two weeks, that should cure your anxiety about the tone of your posts, junior.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #304 on: November 04, 2017, 04:53:58 AM »
Can someone stop making long informative posts I won't read and just tell me what happened to Benji please

Rise

« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2017, 04:54:38 AM »
just post but don't deliberately try to start interforum drama

seems p reasonable

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2017, 04:54:43 AM »
This thread is where you post in between wank sessions, do not believe anything anyone else tells you.

Newhalf

« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:57 AM »
This thread is where you post in between wank sessions, do not believe anything anyone else tells you.
Which is why you should really change your avatar.

Bore Expert

« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2017, 04:56:14 AM »

Jedi and Sith are touchy subjects.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2017, 04:56:24 AM »
Can someone stop making long informative posts I won't read and just tell me what happened to Benji please
cindi banned him and demi went to bat for #teambesada. Also, it turns out amirox didn't do it.

agrajag

« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2017, 04:58:54 AM »
besada sent demi a fruit basket, didn't he

Newhalf

« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »
besada sent demi a fruit basket, didn't he
Lest he ate some fruit himself.

Bore Expert

« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2017, 05:03:59 AM »
Just want to point out again that bish and all his fans and gifs and cult of shitheads with ban boners were a major factor in the death of neogaf.

:sheik

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »
If you folks keep this up, Ted Danson is going to be able to add another forum to his bodycount for 2017.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2017, 05:18:05 AM »
If you folks keep this up, Ted Danson is going to be able to add another forum to his bodycount for 2017.

serge

« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2017, 05:50:43 AM »
Imagine being negged by Besada  :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2017, 06:03:55 AM »

for real
What

« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2017, 06:14:16 AM »

for real
He’s still posting, just not in this thread.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2017, 06:32:21 AM »
Not all the newbies are cartoonish super villains, I promise.

As the head of the National Crow Party, I agree.

Bore Expert

« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
OMG we all just got a shout out in the new issue of Nintendo Power!

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »
gaf is going downhill fast

bottom threads on gaming have top comments that are 6 hours old

etiolate

« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
Cindi, I think you owe Benji a big apology.

You already sort of apologized to him, but I don't believe you understand the scope of what you've done. And I know that it's hard for some of you to take what I say to heart: I have the self-awareness to know that as far as some people here are concerned, I am barely above etiolate as a poster. Etiolate is more witty than I am, as a matter of fact, despite being wrong just about everything, but that is neither here nor there. I skirt the line between shitposting and careposting a lot, and I am much too invested in inter-forum drama and metaposting, and I have made some people scratch their heads with my posts more than a few times.

I also find it hard to be critical of you, since you are going through a lot of personal shit, like severe depression and hormonal stuff. At the same time, I think it would be disrespectful to treat you with kid gloves, you are a person and deserve honest criticism just like anyone else. Having said that, I find that your posts have been very "bipolar" ever since Reset has come to exist. I put bipolar in scare quotes because I never want to make the impression that I am earnestly diagnosing someone as this very serious condition, as one of my very close family members is medically diagnosed with it, but at the same time I am not an overly sensitive person that would freak out over someone using the word figuratively. Anyway, here is where I think you fucked up.

Even though I don't see eye to eye with a lot of people here, and some of you rub me the wrong way at times, as I am sure I do as well, I have been here for around a year as a registered member (and many more as a lurker). I feel a sort of camaraderie between us all, due to shared experience. I almost feel like I have a sense of loyalty to other posters that have been here as long as I have or longer. When one of us is attacked, I want to stand up for them, especially when they have been attacked completely unfairly. I feel like you so desperately wanted to fit in and belong to the Resetera community that you decided to throw some of us under the bus, but specifically Benji who has, for some reason, been singled out by people offsite.

You legitimized the completely unfounded accusations of Ted Danson, Besada, and random fucks on Reset of Benji aiding other forums in doxxing people. I think that was very wrong, and dangerous. He has never doxxed anyone, or aided anyone in doing that, and this cannot be said enough time. The accusations levied against him from different directions are difficult enough to deal with, and one of us legitimizng them just so we can fit in at the new hugbox forum is gross. At the end of the day, no matter how much of a detached, cynical shitposter he may portray himself to be, he is a real person, with real feelings. And it's not fair to make him some kind of symbol of the Bore hate machine, when all he's ever done was make funny posts.

That's my $0.02 and you can take it with copious amounts of salt, if you will. I am also drunk. Peace.

TLDR; Free Benji

I did apologize to him. I sent him a pm.

I never legititmized shit. I never said Besada was completely right. I said "in a way" he's right. I don't think Benji doxxed anyone, either. You guys completely kept missing my point of escalation. That everything this thread does A-okay, and then HIVE goes and does what he did, proving the accusations towards The Bore and concerns of this thread 100% right. So what the fuck do you want me to say? I didn't say Benji doxxed anyone. I only tried to tell him that his posts could very well make him a person of interest due to how they tend to be made. Take a stroll to Kiwi Farms, then read the HIVE stuff, and tell me we don't have a problem. Besada and Bobby might be wrong, in a way, but they're also technically right. If you have read the past page and think this thread is completely fine and we aren't playing games with peoples actual lives, in some form or another, you're fucking daft. 21337 said this thread was about laughing about gaf. Is this thread really, in your heart of hearts, 100% about that now? Because if you do? You might be a part of the problem and missing brain cells. Keep convincing yourselves that we are absolved, that the content here 100% a-okay. It just sounds to me like it's just trying to escape any sense of responsibility.

As for my "bipolar" stuff since Reset, TBH the past few weeks I've been like a dog chasing cars. Too much fuckery to be had. Too much drama to read (and create). I admit my responsibility as part of this. I can at least admit that.

They're not technically right in any way. Even HIVE posting more chat logs was boring, meaningless shit. I don't even know why he thought they were interesting.

Let me explain this clearly, Besada and Bobby are mentally disturbed people. If you are agreeing or seeing their point of view then there's something cracked in you. They both had meltdowns and at no point in their meltdown did they have a point. They targeted the bore because they felt it was a target they could freely attack, not because it was a relevant target. Thanks to your whining they ended up a bit right. They won't target the people actually going after them because those people fight back. Learn this behavior and watch out for it. You somewhat understood it when Besada targeted Reset, but Reset told him to F off. But then you fell for it in regards to the bore.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »
 :mynicca :rejoice

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #323 on: November 04, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
jesus, i’m forced to agree with etoilet for once. bobby and besada are spitfucking nutters. now, i am going to shower with bleach.

#freebenji

duc

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #324 on: November 04, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
i agree with etiolate

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #325 on: November 04, 2017, 08:07:47 AM »
The fact everyone is at each others throat proves that theres nothing interesting at either gaf or reset. Seems like a waste of time for us. Other people can have their fun instead
fat

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #326 on: November 04, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
i have no idea what the actual fuck is going on. Its just internet forums.

archie4208

« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »
The fuck is going on here again. You're doing exactly what a certain someone was aiming for. Some of you way more than others.
Just have a big cup of chillax.

Now, about those FF rankings...

Chrono Trigger > every Final Fantasy game.  :patel

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #328 on: November 04, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »
neogaf was never interesting unto itself, and resetera is tedious. i’m all about the manufactured drama, pitting betacucks against archweebs in the name of squandering an hour or two of sudafed-induced insomnia.
duc

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »
*Looks at thread on resetti about how the pyramids were built*

*People falling over each other to get upset about the word primitive*

Seems about right. NeoGAF is dead, long live NeoGAF.

Freaky Fred

« Reply #330 on: November 04, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »

Wait, in between wank sessions?

I too have completely misread the tone of this forum
yuck

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2017, 08:30:16 AM »
Well, the Dyack welcome party didn't last very long  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/posts/503975/

And you can't speak about Colin Moriarty content either

https://www.resetera.com/posts/502720/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:38:18 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »
I still think RejectEra is going to implode once they stop jerking each other off about how awesome the site is.

I also look forward to Amir0x getting fast tracked to getting a RejectEra account once he's able to legally access the internet again.
🍆🍆

paprikastaude

« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
It is the position of the staff that we are not interested in providing a platform for Colin Moriarty. Please do not create threads about his content.

What in the fuck?  :lol I mean, I don't give a shit about the guy either, but...

How many knocks against the Ghostbusters reboot away is RedLetterMedia from being on the evil people list?

« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
They're copying GAF's orwellian invisible list of topics/people/events/actual videogames you arent allowed to discuss. They'll never keep an actual list of them because it'd obviously make them look fucking insane but they'll dogpile the shit out of any new person who posts about the "wrong" thing.

Great way to make sure you never get any new members

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2017, 09:01:04 AM »
Well, the Dyack welcome party didn't last very long  :lol

It's kind of cool that Methuselah managed to survive the Great Flood of gaf refugees. Time to update the bible.

zepblackstar

« Reply #336 on: November 04, 2017, 09:22:06 AM »

They're not technically right in any way. Even HIVE posting more chat logs was boring, meaningless shit. I don't even know why he thought they were interesting.

Let me explain this clearly, Besada and Bobby are mentally disturbed people. If you are agreeing or seeing their point of view then there's something cracked in you. They both had meltdowns and at no point in their meltdown did they have a point. They targeted the bore because they felt it was a target they could freely attack, not because it was a relevant target. Thanks to your whining they ended up a bit right. They won't target the people actually going after them because those people fight back. Learn this behavior and watch out for it. You somewhat understood it when Besada targeted Reset, but Reset told him to F off. But then you fell for it in regards to the bore.

never seen anything from benji or anyone on here doing "doxxing" Its screenshots of public posts. Besada clearly tried to backseat mod and amazingly ERA did tell him to go screw.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #337 on: November 04, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
Colin Moriarty made one joking snarky tweet about the shitty sexist women's march, and people lost their damn minds.

Women literally dressing up as cunts. What's not to like? (Please don't respond in earnest to shitpost.)

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
When this thread is reasonably on track, the secret to successfully joining in the fun is to go along with the many, many inevitable derailments, because it’ll always get back on track sooner or later. It’s not to create drama or fucking forum wars and doxxing accusations.

As tantalizing as the leaked discord screens are, I don’t really are about them. I’d rather make shower goblin in the wasteland jokes, or moan about how morrigan is now officially worse than besada ever was.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #339 on: November 04, 2017, 09:36:12 AM »
Jiminy fucking crickets @ that Colin Moriarty thread. This is why Morrigan is worse than besada. I told you guys.

« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
Is it a "witch hunt" if someone says numerous, numerous times that they're a witch, even as recent as two months ago? And when asked if they're one, responds with "1+1=2"?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/503700/

Jesus Christ. Dennis Dyack says something positive and supportive and within a few posts the witchhunt against him starts. This is the BS that nobody could stand on that othe forum. I and many others were looking forward to talking with him in the future. If you don’t like a developer because you don’t agree with something they’ve said in the past that’s fine but don’t shit up a positive thread by digging up dirt and trying to start a controversy. Nobody gives a shit and knock it off.
User was warned: backseat moderation, bogus witch-hunt accusations
https://www.resetera.com/posts/503728/

Why the hell would you want to talk to Dennis Dyack for

He hasn't made anything of worth in 6 years

Put this into perspective; Warren Spector is contributing more for gamedev right NOW that he's done since Dyack did Twin Snakes.

:doge

In case anyone was still wondering if resetera was not 100% full of shit with regards to being a reset, a fresh start, or treating each other with respect.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »
:snoop

You mother fuckers

que

TwEE-N-Toast

« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
It is the position of the staff that we are not interested in providing a platform for Colin Moriarty. Please do not create threads about his content.

What in the fuck?  :lol I mean, I don't give a shit about the guy either, but...

How many knocks against the Ghostbusters reboot away is RedLetterMedia from being on the evil people list?

If they can't understand how important the Ghostbusters reboot is maybe they should be excommunicated too.

paprikastaude

« Reply #343 on: November 04, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »
Didn't know who Morrigan is/was before, but the dude's using "xD" unironcially? https://www.resetera.com/posts/501325/

:holeup :donot

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
benji is my second favourite poster on this site behind white man.

no shame in coming runner up to someone whose posts i'm composing into a coffee table book to be distributed around suicide prevention centres titled "it could be worse".

OathToOrder

Kino is back on the menu, boys!

Leadbelly

« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
never seen anything from benji or anyone on here doing "doxxing" Its screenshots of public posts. Besada clearly tried to backseat mod and amazingly ERA did tell him to go screw.

Well, it was more than simply backseat mod. He is extremely bitter about not being made a mod.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
yea for reall, the new wave of juniors is all like

(Image removed from quote.)

I reseterasent that!  >:(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Benji's 6 week ban just shows how hostile the internet has become for opinionated white men.

Mortimer Brewster

« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »

Well, it was more than simply backseat mod. He is extremely bitter about not being made a mod.

Instead of using his newly found spare time to do something productive and healthy like exercise and lose a pound or 300, Besada has opted to go full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow now that he can't ban people on a whim.

Leadbelly

« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2017, 11:13:09 AM »

Instead of using his newly found spare time to do something productive and healthy like exercise and lose a pound or 300, Besada has opted to go full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow now that he can't ban people on a whim.

Well, those @ERA_Besada tweets he made shown just how much of a hellhole ResetEra would have been under him. To be honest I had no idea how much of a raving ideologue he was until recently.

I mean, I had some idea based off the reason for my ban on GAF, but to what extent wasn't entirely clear to me. My ban always seemed politically motivated.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Jesus Christ what the fuck did I miss
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Jesus Christ what the fuck did I miss

Nothing of value.
dog

« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
Well, those @ERA_Besada tweets he made shown just how much of a hellhole ResetEra would have been under him. To be honest I had no idea how much of a raving ideologue he was until recently.

I mean, I had some idea based off the reason for my ban on GAF, but to what extent wasn't entirely clear to me. My ban always seemed politically motivated.
That was a fake/parody account. But the Poe was strong.

agrajag

« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
yea for reall, the new wave of juniors is all like

(Image removed from quote.)

I reseterasent that!  >:(

nah you're alright, and the hot animu ass makes your posts easier to swallow

Mortimer Brewster

« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2017, 11:28:01 AM »

Like those Absurd Fake Trump tweets, it was actually believable that Besada would say such things.

Leadbelly

« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »

Oh... I did wonder. But then I figured his recent tweets seemed just as crazy. It was hard to know whether it was parody or real to be honest.

« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »
Like those Absurd Fake Trump tweets, it was actually believable that Besada would say such things.
It really was lol.
Oh... I did wonder. But then I figured his recent tweets seemed just as crazy. It was hard to know whether it was parody or real to be honest.
Agreed. It was a great parody for exactly that reason.

agrajag

Those fake tweets weren't outside the realm of possibility, which is why so many people believed them in the first place.