Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174607 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
You meant The Melvins.

nudemacusers

Liking The Melvins = went to prom alone
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
 :drudge ALERT ALERT A DEVELOPER USED A DRAMATIC SITUATION TO... YOU KNOW... TELL A STORY :drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-cage-does-an-interview-about-domestic-abuse.2910/

Hostile to developers: Check
Delusional SJ Ws coming out of the woodwork to pretend they're offended and offer their delusional take on this VERY IMPORTANT matter: Check
Taking cues from clickbait trash "journos" to create drama: Check

The old neogaf is back. At least there were plenty of people willing to call out this bullshit. Do your job mods why aren't these posters banned yet?

I don't know what it is but I don't even have the will to reply or even read most of this shit anymore. The dumb identity politics drama and semantics bullshit is just tiring to me now and resetera isn't familiar enough to even bother with it much.

Pills Here

As if there was any doubt that Loudninja is a fucking shill-bot.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/london-studio-new-psvr-game-blood-and-truth.2558/

Look at his replies in the thread.

Yeah it looks amazing.

Thought the music was perfect for the trailer.

Yep sooo glad to see this game.

I got a Red Steel vibe too

Yeah Really glad they decide to expand on it.

Huh sounds interesting.

Sounds like Time Crisis.

Yeah its a interesting system.

Yeah would be fantastic for VR.

Hopefully Moss will fill that void looking fantastic.

Yeah one of my favorites too, they said everything you did in that you can do here.

They dial it up to 10 apparently.

Yeah I am totally confused besides The Getaway they always did stuff like this.

Its not full locomotion but it has much more freedom of moment then teleporting.

Me too, things are getting more and more exiting now.

So it like when you were interrogated in the London Heist.

Yeah it sounds real god base of the previews sucks you missed it though would like to have seen your impressions.

Nah just 2018 this is a triple A VR game.
  :neogaf

If I was the admin of ResistERA AND a Nintendrone like Cerium, I would have given him the boot. But I guess used base model Porsches won't pay for themselves.

He really is a corporate husk of a human being  :girlaff

Snoopycat_

Mudhoney >>> Every grunge band

zomgee

• We've *all*
John Williams > Michael Giacchino
rub

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/posts/521276/

Inappropriate use of anti sexual assault language. Don't do that.

Better watch your vocabulary & semantics...

One guy also banned for "Conspiratorial Nonsense" later. The ERA moderation seems overbearing in putting hard limited on discussion.

I've read this multiple times now and still don't understand what the problem is. You'd think the poster is on "their side", but I guess they want to reach wholly new levels of PC policing.

seagrams hotsauce

Dwarves>

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

liking the Melvins = shot heroin under a bridge alone instead of going to prom
pcp

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

seagrams hotsauce

if you don't like Blood Guts and Pussy you're probably distinguished mentally-challenged or boring or both

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
The Divine Comedy > any other band

tummyfat

Hum by The Sheila Divine > Stars by Hum

zepblackstar

https://www.resetera.com/posts/521276/

Inappropriate use of anti sexual assault language. Don't do that.

Better watch your vocabulary & semantics...

One guy also banned for "Conspiratorial Nonsense" later. The ERA moderation seems overbearing in putting hard limited on discussion.

I mean in terms of PCing to someone, he is correct. This a whole other level of PC where the flexibility of terms are hard coded...

Big Kielbasa

Can someone please explain what "anti sexual assault language" means? I don't speak social studies.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
the comparison the dude is making a complete false equivalence. the two situations are not immediately comparable beyond their most superficial aspects. comparing them reduces the meaning behind "believe women" in regard to sexual assault. 
nat

nudemacusers

The mod note is written oddly but referencing “believe women” in that way is hilariously disingenuous.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
the comparison the dude is making a complete false equivalence. the two situations are not immediately comparable beyond their most superficial aspects. comparing them reduces the meaning behind "believe women" in regard to sexual assault.

The mod note is written oddly but referencing “believe women” in that way is hilariously disingenuous.

Is it ? :yeshrug I think it is obvious "believe women" is not exclusively curtailed to sexual assault.
I don't think it holds up to invoke sexism here but it should not be up to moderation to decide when it's appropriate or not.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:30:34 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

I got asked by a girl and stayed home to play World of Warcraft instead. Get on my level.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
American football > american football
dur

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

"i was only following orders"

BELIEVE WOMEN

Big Kielbasa

Irma Grese looked alot like that one actress from Mad Men and Handmaid's Tale.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

Is it ? :yeshrug I think it is obvious "believe women" is not exclusively curtailed to sexual assault.
I don't think it holds up to invoke sexism here but it should not be up to moderation to decide when it's appropriate or not.

"Believe women" was popularized because the general trend of sexual assault being covered up and women being discouraged from speaking about it. That's not to say women don't have this problem in other scenarios, but it's disingenuous to try and use it as a gotcha when a woman isn't believed in every context.

"Believe women" like other recent trends is being misconstrued. It doesn't mean we should blanket believe everything every women say.
nat

seagrams hotsauce

it should not be up to moderation to decide when it's appropriate or not.

That is almost the literal definition of moderation :lol

nudemacusers

:gurl
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

SmokyDave

‘Believe Women’ was a fucking stupid phrase. Like ‘black lives matter’, it’s one of those blanket phrases that just begs for agitators to push back. BLM should have been called ‘Black Lives Don’t Matter’, and the sexual assault thing should’ve had something a little more nuanced than the idiotic ‘believe women’.

Still, can’t get too heated when I know the heart was in the right place. Men don’t understand how prevalent sexual harassment is. That much is absolutely true.

daemon

:drudge ALERT ALERT A DEVELOPER USED A DRAMATIC SITUATION TO... YOU KNOW... TELL A STORY :drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-cage-does-an-interview-about-domestic-abuse.2910/

Delusional SJ Ws coming out of the woodwork to pretend they're offended and offer their delusional take on this VERY IMPORTANT matter: Check

The old neogaf is back. At least there were plenty of people willing to call out this bullshit. Do your job mods why aren't these posters banned yet?

I don't know what it is but I don't even have the will to reply or even read most of this shit anymore. The dumb identity politics drama and semantics bullshit is just tiring to me now and resetera isn't familiar enough to even bother with it much.

Imo Cage owned the reporter, who says he would ask that to a movie director but in truth he obviously wouldn't. And he wouldn't because no sane publication would let him anywhere close to the director of the movie.

seagrams hotsauce

Gee why would you ask David Cage why he thinks it's a good idea for him to take on domestic abuse? Oh, because it's rude to just outright say 'hey you're David Cage, a total idiot who completely lacks the touch it takes to handle shit like this with any tact'

VomKriege

• Do the moron
it should not be up to moderation to decide when it's appropriate or not.

That is almost the literal definition of moderation :lol

To arbitrarily decide you're not allowed to use a pseudo feminist lens, up to innocuous words suddenly being cause for a warning out of the blue ?  Honestly I think it's overbearing.

I don't think sexism or racism has a lot to do in the case of the criticism levied at Donna Brazile's over her recent statements but refusing that someone even could bring it up is bizarre to me. Especially considering this community is never shy to bring that stuff up for every subject.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
I don't think the point is a direct equivalence between sexual assault and dodgy political stuff. So yeah, in that sense the "believe women" doesn't really follow.

But some folks sure are very quick to either entirely believe or dismiss, by default and without a shred of thinking, evidence etc, whatever he/she said stuff, depending on preconceptions, assumptions, and whether they like what is being said or not, or who said it. It's quite amusing.

Clockwork5

Believe men

Nabbis

• oops
Believe men

Always believe what the people on the internet tell you.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
Believe me :trumps
bent

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
believe in the me who believes in you
©@©™

etiolate

BELIEVE

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but not her
spoiler (click to show/hide)
she's bi
[close]
[close]

Optimus

Boredfrom

"Believe women" was popularized because the general trend of sexual assault being covered up and women being discouraged from speaking about it. That's not to say women don't have this problem in other scenarios, but it's disingenuous to try and use it as a gotcha when a woman isn't believed in every context.

"Believe women" like other recent trends is being misconstrued. It doesn't mean we should blanket believe everything every women say.

Gaf loved to use terms like "believe in women" and "victim blaming" outside of sexual assault contexts.

Optimus

Imo Cage owned the reporter, who says he would ask that to a movie director but in truth he obviously wouldn't. And he wouldn't because no sane publication would let him anywhere close to the director of the movie.

There's a very simple and sane solution to all this, developers should stop talking to these trashy fucks and give interviews only to youtubers. Not only youtubers are WAY more popular with gamers than these obnoxious fucks but they usually ask real questions instead of trying to create identity politics drama out of thin air.

Boredfrom

I dunno in what reality Optimus lives...

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

There's a very simple and sane solution to all this, developers should stop talking to these trashy fucks and give interviews only to youtubers. Not only youtubers are WAY more popular with gamers than these obnoxious fucks but they usually ask real questions instead of trying to create identity politics drama out of thin air.
wait, you want youtube personalities to conduct interviews now? You being sarcastic?

the entire internet fucking blows right now. everyone is clickbait trash. there's almost no substance out there anymore.

El Babua

Unfortunately for Optimus, the greater internet - including many prominent YT personalities - are also coming to the conclusion that David Cage is a hack.

Optimus

David Cage IS a hack, that is completely irrelevant to the discussion though. Even hacks deserve not to be used to create drama for clickbait articles. Even hacks deserve some common courtesy.

And yes Assimilate, videogame youtubers are a lot more civilized than these assholes.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
In the last 10 minutes, GAF got a whopping 18 posts. SAD!!!
Fish<

Boredfrom

David Cage IS a hack, that is completely irrelevant to the discussion though. Even hacks deserve not to be used to create drama for clickbait articles. Even hacks deserve some common courtesy.

While I agree with that, I cannot see the regular YouTuber extending that professional courtesy much more frequently than a reporter from a videogame blog. I also think Cage self grandiose importance detracts to that Hollywood esque aspirations. At least Kojima has the talent to polish a game gameplay wise.

Optimus

While I agree with that, I cannot see the regular YouTuber extending that professional courtesy much more frequently than a reporter from a videogame blog. I also think Cage self grandiose importance detracts to that Hollywood esque aspirations. At least Kojima has the talent to polish a game gameplay wise.

From all the interviews I've watched from youtubers from Angry Joe to Boogie, they all seemed like very respectful individuals that aren't afraid of asking some hard questions without trying to force shitty clickbait drama though. There's a vast difference between asking difficult questions and trying to get clicks by being a obnoxious prick.

daemon

The point of the conversation is: some reporters "Don’t Trust David Cage to Tackle Domestic Violence in 'Detroit'.

Well, "I" don't trust them with writing articles about who and who isn't able to tackle things in games.

That's the thing: doing articles doesn't turn you into a great judge of character, it just means you can put words in a fancy readable manner

Optimus

Not to mention that whatever Cage would have answered it would have been criticized by these insane fucks and both the interviewer and Cage knew this. It's an obvious trap. This is why the interviewer is a piece of shit. 

And btw Cage is a hack but I still don't understand the hate. He makes games with shitty stories that have little to no gameplay. Isn't that what most walking simulators are about? Why aren't they hated so much especially by the pretentious amongst us?

seagrams hotsauce

Seriously? You don't need to 'trust' someone asking a question with such a blatantly obvious answer. This is like saying it's unfair to question why Michael Bay might not be the greatest guy to tackle Pearl Harbor. it's David Cage ffs, you don't get a more dunkable target than him very often

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Some, like SOMA, have pretty good stories.

daemon

Seriously? You don't need to 'trust' someone asking a question with such a blatantly obvious answer. This is like saying it's unfair to question why Michael Bay might not be the greatest guy to tackle Pearl Harbor. it's David Cage ffs, you don't get a more dunkable target than him very often

Okay so it's a... I don't know about math, but i know this guy doesn't know math either, so i'll roll with it.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Go to bat for David Cage brehs

etiolate

david cage is lame

getting upset that he isn't tackling your current fav hashtag is even lamer

Optimus

Tell us, what horrible sins has he committed? Why do you think domestic violence is some sacred cow no one but the experts should touch? Who made you an expert on that? What other subjects are forbidden to videogame writers unless they're approved by your committee?

Also, strangely murder, which is far worse than domestic violence, doesn't seem to tick off people like you when it's used in videogame scenarios. Hmmm, why?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
They aren't talking about David Cage, but the journalist dropping loaded questions.

daemon

Tell us, what horrible sins has he committed? Why do you think domestic violence is some sacred cow no one but the experts should touch? Who made you an expert on that? What other subjects are forbidden to videogame writers unless they're approved by your committee?

Also, strangely murder which is far worse than domestic violence, doesn't seem to tick off people like you when it's used in videogame scenarios. Hmmm, why?

Plus I believe it's a super-important segment for the game story. Detroit is all about the rebellion of the androids, so it makes sense that this scenario puts one of the main characters in a situation of disobeying the laws that rule her programming. Despite how the whole story feels at the end, this segment seems well done.

Optimus

They aren't talking about David Cage, but the journalist dropping loaded questions.

Oh he's definitely talking about David Cage too, he's actually defending the journalist being a dick to Cage because Cage committed the ultimate sin of using forbidden subjects in his game.

counterhit

In the last 10 minutes, GAF got a whopping 18 posts. SAD!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
I've pickpocketed both of these guys in Oblivion.

Big Kielbasa

Who the fuck is David Cage anyway?
I believe it's that guy who came up with the idea for Omikron: The Nomad Soul.