Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2192881 times)

agrajag

I officially, by this internet message, demand that Neil De Grasse Tyson denounces white supremacy. With no official statement of his part within 72h, I will be left to assume he secretly endorses those horrible ideas.

:badass

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
That's been a thing for a while. I think stormfronters are actually more into new wave and really shitty industrial folk, but Taylor Swift pics with Mein Kampf quotes over them have floated around for a couple years now

This is just weird, but kinda makes sense in a world where a corporate as fuck movie like Wonder Woman is seen as a feminist icon.
We're in a time where defending corporations is somehow cool.

When every copy/paste marvel, star wars, and whatever fuck else expanded universe that without fail gets fresh ratings on that ridiculous aggregate site RottenTomatoes is defended to the death from these kids that think they're "woke" you know we are reaching critical mass.

Pretend "critics" don't even write movie reviews anymore. They write a one paragraph or so summary followed by a score.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))

When every copy/paste marvel, star wars, and whatever fuck else expanded universe that without fail gets fresh ratings on that ridiculous aggregate site RottenTomatoes is defended to the death from these kids that think they're "woke" you know we are reaching critical mass.
when you mix up all your strawmen and take a swing

Pretend "critics" don't even write movie reviews anymore. They write a one paragraph or so summary followed by a score.
Good, movie reviews are ass, Ebert was an asshole, and thank god he's finally dead.
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

when you mix up all your strawmen and take a swing

Good, movie reviews are ass, Ebert was an asshole, and thank god he's finally dead.
Ebert was a scholar compared to what we have now lol

You excited for the new Star Wars breh?  :doge

Cravy

Ebert gave Candyman thumbs up so he's ok with me.

Era sees Nazis everywhere but damn that dark theme is fire on mobile.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
It's so crazy how much good forum software can impact and encourages engagement. I'm posting more on RE than I did on GAF. The only thing missing is a "like" function to fill the hallow void.
Unzip

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
I will say that I was sorta surprised that outside of the mobile interface (ahem...cough cough) that GAF essentially remained stuck in like 2008. 
que

Risible

I will say that I was sorta surprised that outside of the mobile interface (ahem...cough cough) that GAF essentially remained stuck in like 2008.

Tyler put as little money as possible back into the website, that much was apparent.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
That blog post about Taylor Swift is really something...

http://popfront.us/2017/09/swiftly-to-the-alt-right-taylor-subtly-get-the-lower-case-kkk-in-formation/

But the dog whistles to white supremacy in the lyrics of her latest single are not the first time that some have connected the (subtle) dots.

The song “Look What you made Me Do” evidently speaks to the lower case kkk

Later in the song, there is another telling line: “I don’t like your kingdom keys. They once belonged to me. You asked me for a place to sleep. Locked me out and threw a feast (what?).” These lyrics are the most explicit in speaking to white anger and affirming white supremacy.

It is hard to believe that Taylor had no idea that the lyrics of her latest single read like a defense of white privilege and white anger

So Taylor’s silence is not innocent, it is calculated

Swift is not one for politics. She did not endorse Hillary Clinton until November 8th, 2016 on the eve of the election.
(...)
When Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce openly campaigned for Hillary Clinton, Taylor’s political silence appeared to be a rejection of her peers’ support of the inclusive Democrat platform. And when one of the most popular female artists in the world declines to join the many in her field in voicing for progressive politics, it could well be construed as her lending support to the voices rising against embracing diversity and inclusion emblematic of Trump supporters.

:mindblown

It's silly to threaten legal action but I didn't expect the blog "analysis"  to be so adamant and crass about those claims.
ὕβρις

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
That blog post about Taylor Swift is really something...

http://popfront.us/2017/09/swiftly-to-the-alt-right-taylor-subtly-get-the-lower-case-kkk-in-formation/

But the dog whistles to white supremacy in the lyrics of her latest single are not the first time that some have connected the (subtle) dots.

The song “Look What you made Me Do” evidently speaks to the lower case kkk

Later in the song, there is another telling line: “I don’t like your kingdom keys. They once belonged to me. You asked me for a place to sleep. Locked me out and threw a feast (what?).” These lyrics are the most explicit in speaking to white anger and affirming white supremacy.

It is hard to believe that Taylor had no idea that the lyrics of her latest single read like a defense of white privilege and white anger

So Taylor’s silence is not innocent, it is calculated

Swift is not one for politics. She did not endorse Hillary Clinton until November 8th, 2016 on the eve of the election.
(...)
When Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce openly campaigned for Hillary Clinton, Taylor’s political silence appeared to be a rejection of her peers’ support of the inclusive Democrat platform. And when one of the most popular female artists in the world declines to join the many in her field in voicing for progressive politics, it could well be construed as her lending support to the voices rising against embracing diversity and inclusion emblematic of Trump supporters.

:mindblown

It's silly to threaten legal action but I didn't expect the blog "analysis"  to be so adamant and crass about those claims.

I mean, you know this isn't real. It's purely for clickbait. 

seagrams hotsauce

She's been getting flack for the point in the last paragraph a lot lately, but honestly, given her lyrics, the last thing on earth I want is Taylor Swifts political hot takes. Jack Remington's whole posting career here is already the political equivalent of a whiny Taylor Swift song about the latest celebridude's not dating anymore

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I don't know if it is "clickbait" (I've read sincere analysis equally bad or worse in the past, Marxist hacks routinely can churn that stuff out without breaking a sweat) and I don't think it makes a difference really in that case.
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
The Old BernieTay can't come to the phone right now. Why? Because HillGAF co-opted it.  :'(
Ohhhhhh, look what the alt-right made her do?

Pepinappe

• Ass
That's been a thing for a while. I think stormfronters are actually more into new wave and really shitty industrial folk, but Taylor Swift pics with Mein Kampf quotes over them have floated around for a couple years now

This is just weird, but kinda makes sense in a world where a corporate as fuck movie like Wonder Woman is seen as a feminist icon.

You were serious with the Taylor Swift stuff?

Taylor Swift is indeed alt-right. I normally use my left but when it comes to Taylor Swift, I alternate to my right as well.  :phil

People seem awfully invested in making Taylor look like a bad person.
Nah, doesn't take much.
Other people seem awfully invested in protecting her image.

It doesn't take much effort to not attack people.
Takes a whole lot of effort to jump in front of those bullets though.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/615149/

This is of course after the witch hunters got BTFO demanding she just denounce white supremacy already without reading the statement entirely and missing this bit.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/614524/
The notion that Ms. Swift supports white supremacy is utterly fabricated and a reprehensible falsehood, and it attempts to portray Ms. Swift in a false light. Let this letter stand as a yet another unequivocal denouncement by Ms. Swift of white supremacy and the alt-right.
To which The Addler responded.
Wasn't in the post you made that I responded to.

Gee whiz, you mean after you realized she did say it you barely acknowledge it and it still isn’t enough? Shocking.  :doge

A voice of reason:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/615550/
spoiler (click to show/hide)
S-spatula?!?
[close]

Switters

Taylor Swift has nearly the opposite of a booty. The alt-right can have her.
troll

agrajag

People thought Reee was going to be different from GAF

:neogaf :ufup

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
this Adder person seems like a total fucking idiot
bent

agrajag

One thing I have to say in Reeee's favor is that their moderation team seems way more level headed than Besada and co. Like they just locked that thread because it's nonsense, I have a feeling it would have played out differently on old-GAF.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
OK, I've been missing  stuff guys, has the alt-right musician and symbol Taylor Swift denounced white supremacy? Has she explained why she loves Hitler?

OK, I've been missing  stuff guys, has the alt-right musician and symbol Taylor Swift denounced white supremacy? Has she explained why she loves Hitler?
She has not. Her silence speaks far more than evidence ever could.

Switters

Well I think everyone agrees that functionally and aesthetically it's a much better forum. I haven't made a single post there because quoting everyone in the thread and saying I don't fucking care what you think is probably the best way to get a 6 minute ban.

It also surprises me that you have a spectrum of mods from lowest of low effort posters like Slayven and Bronson to sea lions like Morrigan who won't shut up. We'll see in a year who's licking who's unassumed genitalia for the void left by angry black man.

That said, the lack of raving cult personalities (Bobby emoji is gone) or a general all powerful figure head benefits the community in the long run.

Other than that, yeah, Gaf as usual.

I just wished someone would have made Mess a mod. That guy is two left swipes away from Buffalo Billing the girl that makes popcorn at the movie theater.
troll

agrajag

Has slayven done anything as a mod yet? I haven't seen anything from that guy, granted I barely check ree

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
BTW, shame on Clothedmac and others for abandoning the Bore when your Risotto account got approved, I see you  :gurl

Heck, it's not just the bore. Voat (and GAF!) is dead too. It truly is a NEW ERA!

Switters

His avatar is by far the most offensive thing about him. At least my Bruce is rocked off his ass by scare gas and reflects my general anxiety and mental instability. Who the fuck ever wanted to see the fucking BATMAN clutching (his mother's) pearls in every goddamn post. I hate him.
troll

agrajag

BTW, shame on Clothedmac and others for abandoning the Bore when your Risotto account got approved, I see you  :gurl

Heck, it's not just the bore. Voat (and GAF!) is dead too. It truly is a NEW ERA!

lmao if RESET is now infested with VOAT posters

Switters

Has slayven done anything as a mod yet? I haven't seen anything from that guy, granted I barely check ree

If you're a low effort warm-take soft boi poster it follows...
troll

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
It's disgusting what Cindi did to the Bore. We were going full steam on laughs and now it's fucking dead. DEAD.  :tocry

agrajag

https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-wanted-to-say-the-forum-has-been-a-pleasure-to-post-on.4366/

The honeymoon continues

It's disgusting what Cindi did to the Bore. We were going full steam on laughs and now it's fucking dead. DEAD.  :tocry

:preach

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Seems back to perfect speed to me 👌🏻

seagrams hotsauce

:bow Himu :bow2

Broseidon

• Estado Homo

His avatar is by far the most offensive thing about him.

it's the icing on the cake. I dont know why I find it so obnoxious and grating to look at.
bent

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Be here for one week only to reminisce about that one week, brehs.
If the rest of the discussions are as entertaining as your posts....   :noah

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Thank god for Cinid :rejoice
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
You're right, who could forget the classic jokes of the last few days.

Wait, let me try

Getting it in the butt from Beseda>>>>>the current state of the bore>>>>> reading one of exodusts' posts

I do hope they both come back. The good old days of two weeks ago when I joined were so fun.  :goty2
Is H.I.V.E. permabanned?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I do hope they both come back. The good old days of two weeks ago when I joined were so fun.  :goty2
Is H.I.V.E. permabanned?
The No Fun Bore. Where soon ResetEra is going to start making fun of us.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
What th fuck do I keep missing
püp

daemon

She has not. Her silence speaks far more than evidence ever could.

cityhunter

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1000 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »
There's some sad as fuck mentality shit going on here.

Rushing to reserve the privilege to create an "OT" thread for a game. Doing some free work to advertise for a corporation lol

"Believe women. Believe the victims.". I think that saying is offensively sexist as fuck. It makes it seems like an unspoken designation that women are automatically less powerful and needs protection. I get that there's problems with women not able to speak out against their abusers. But that saying makes it seem that it should be default behavior to automatically believe them just based on their gender and role in a case. Which defeats the purpose of due process. Just in case someone wants to jump at me for being sexist or whatever, I respect them enough to acknowledge that they are also capable of being the aggressor.

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1001 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:54 PM »
Is H.I.V.E. permabanned?
It’s up to us to make it fun and funny again and draw them back in.

For Benji & himu!  :salute

Corporal

« Reply #1002 on: November 06, 2017, 09:45:10 PM »
No fun bore? Eh.

/r/etc at last has a dark theme.
And an option to disable avatars and/or embedded images.

On the other hand, the bore has the ragtag bunch of loveable assholes that make the bore the bore.
Plus way better smileys.

It's clear where I will be hanging out in the future.  :doge :-*
!list

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1003 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:25 PM »
If the bore is no fun for you, then just leave. Nobody gives a shit about your weak ass trolls and drama stirring feggitry. Leave or keep crying, nobody cares :trumps

If this particular area bothers you so why you still in here? To spread your unfunny boring ass garbage jokes? You creepy breh.

Is H.I.V.E. permabanned?
It’s up to us to make it fun and funny again and draw them back in.

For Benji & himu!  :salute

Bring quality back to the Bore!  :putin

agrajag

« Reply #1004 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »
Two things happened:

I
1. besada lied
2. cindi cried
3. benji died

II
all the recent juniors and some of the older juniors were approved on resetti and left the halfway house that was the bore

the bore is now back to its usual level of activity, sans benji

« Reply #1005 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »
More Russians? But they would just pale in comparison to timu.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1006 on: November 06, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
There's some sad as fuck mentality shit going on here.

Use it to your advantage.

Watching them gang up on Papa Johns now is hilarious. I want to see how far the mob can take down Papa.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1007 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
Is H.I.V.E. permabanned?
We already have etoilet and Jay Dubya. We're not only full up on shitposters they're better quality than you
:bolo
que

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1008 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
More Russians? But they would just pale in comparison to timu.

You're goddamn right. :putin

--!

Hey, wait a minute!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1009 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »
If the bore is no fun for you, then just leave. Nobody gives a shit about your weak ass trolls and drama stirring feggitry. Leave or keep crying, nobody cares :trumps

If this particular area bothers you so why you still in here? To spread your unfunny boring ass garbage jokes? You creepy breh.

Projecting much? :umad

:snoop

so predictable. so unfunny.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1010 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:33 PM »

Projecting much? :umad

Pretty transparent case of Like Envy.

Turns out Assimilate is having a hard time blending in  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #1011 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
You could say he's having a hard time assimilating

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1012 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:58 PM »
yeah stupid, that was the joke

agrajag

« Reply #1013 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »
but he missed the opportunity to do the CSI "yeaaaaaah"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1014 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:31 PM »

Hey, on TheBore we don't call other people stupid, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1015 on: November 06, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »
The Bore is a messy bitch who loves drama.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1016 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:29 PM »

Hey, on TheBore we don't call other people stupid, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.
I'm not your distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, pal.
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1017 on: November 06, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »
We successfully ran off HIVE and Aeptia, now all we need to do is bully Assimilate enough until he leaves, as well, and then all will be right with The Bore again.
dog

« Reply #1018 on: November 06, 2017, 11:12:45 PM »
We successfully ran off HIVE and Aeptia, now all we need to do is bully Assimilate enough until he leaves, as well, and then all will be right with The Bore again.
Wow, mod sanctioned bullying? Besada is right again  :goty

FStop7