Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174641 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1020 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:44 PM »
I get that there's problems with women not able to speak out against their abusers. But that saying makes it seem that it should be default behavior to automatically believe them just based on their gender and role in a case. Which defeats the purpose of due process.
"Don't dismiss women off-hand" is the implication, but doesn't make for a snappy hashtag. :trumps

Besides, is anybody seriously advocating for convictions based on accusations? I'm sure there are some crazies out there, but that seems like an exaggerated hypothetical to me. As far as the court of public opinion goes, false accusations are grounds for prosecution, so...

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1021 on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »
We successfully ran off HIVE and Aeptia, now all we need to do is bully Assimilate enough until he leaves, as well, and then all will be right with The Bore again.
Wow, mod sanctioned bullying? Besada is right again  :goty
This is the bore. It's like lord of the flies. But with even more gay sub text
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1022 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-johns-pleads-for-nazis-to-not-buy-their-pizza-after-daily-stormer-endorsement.4336/page-6

No more ban button and suddenly people are willing to challenge Bish.
Wonder how he is going to fare without the ban hammer/cult of personality around him and he has to back his arguments up. I suspect it'll hold up as well as those turock graphics
que

etiolate

« Reply #1023 on: November 06, 2017, 11:49:22 PM »
Rufus- I had two short paragraphs typed up, but I'll just shorten it and let you research if you care: Listen & Believe was a driving element behind Title IX guidelines and the Dear College letter which resulted in conviction/expulsion based on accusation.

You only need to Listen to help victims. Belief serves a different purpose.

etiolate

« Reply #1024 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:09 AM »
Also, bish is a moron. If something is a dog whistle that only racists can hear and yet you're the one that keeps hearing it everywhere then what does that make you?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1025 on: November 07, 2017, 12:15:44 AM »
I bet enzom and co. are still in the habit of PM'ing Bish to alert him of wrong thought.
sigh

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1026 on: November 07, 2017, 12:33:49 AM »
Rufus- I had two short paragraphs typed up, but I'll just shorten it and let you research if you care: Listen & Believe was a driving element behind Title IX guidelines and the Dear College letter which resulted in conviction/expulsion based on accusation.
Well, that sucks. Seems that's about to be walked back though.

You only need to Listen to help victims. Belief serves a different purpose.
What's with these corny closing statements all the time? :doge

Also, bish is a moron. If something is a dog whistle that only racists can hear and yet you're the one that keeps hearing it everywhere then what does that make you?
Dogwhistle is a flawed metaphor for an otherwise very easy to understand concept. I understand that it can lead to people jumping at shadows, but it's a sound concept. Coded language, sub-category politics.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #1027 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:25 AM »
It's disgusting what Cindi did to the Bore. We were going full steam on laughs and now it's fucking dead. DEAD.  :tocry
Thank god for Cinid :rejoice
You're right, who could forget the classic jokes of the last few days.

Wait, let me try

Getting it in the butt from Beseda>>>>>the current state of the bore>>>>> reading one of exodusts' posts

Are you making fun of our ranking jokes, junior..?

etiolate

« Reply #1028 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:12 AM »
I'd offer that the idea of coded language attracts the paranoid. You can generally tell when something has racist intent by the context of the message rather than by particular words. If someone has a bunch of facebook posts about welfare people stealing their tax dollars, but all the examples are pictures of black people then you don't need to see "welfare baby" as a dog whistle. The racism is pretty apparent on the surface.

In bishop's case, he did the whole thing backwards. You have a businessman who put money into NFL advertising and sees the NFL ratings drop well below what he was promised when he made the deal and he puts some of the blame of his struggling sales on that. It's a blame shift, but a valid one. You make the deal based on ratings that are gone. It doesn't help that a ESPN employee advocated for boycotting advertisers not so long ago.

Bish takes all that context, removes it, and starts from the base of complaining about protests being a dog whistle and then builds context around that assumption. His logic (by his own words) was 1. Papa Jon complaints about protests 2. 99%% of the protesters are black 3. Protests about police brutality against blacks. Thus: racist papa johns pizza.

Generally this is what I find when I see people spout off on dog whistles, because they have attuned their mind to the same wave length as a racist because that's what a paranoid person must do to find all the hidden language they believe exists. Valid information get eschewed. Everything is viewed via a focus on race.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1029 on: November 07, 2017, 01:06:01 AM »
Bish misreading things is just him.  He's a political neophyte.  He's like a Slayven, late to politics but he sees how much he can accuse people of bullshit evilness as long as he dresses it up as poli language. 
sigh

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1030 on: November 07, 2017, 01:18:44 AM »
slp sdoM

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1031 on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:38 AM »
We successfully ran off HIVE and Aeptia,

wait, where's Aeptia?  :noooo

On top of people finally getting to check BIshop, i'm seeing posts that would have been hit with an instaban on GAF go through. I posted in defense of xbox before with something so similar and got hit with that stupid fuck bishop "why you bringing Sony into this? BAN"
Let me follow your logic a little bit longer, because is truly funny.
-> Phil Spencer says Xbox One X is a 'True 4k' console.
-> 1 game, after a bogus patch, gets a resolution lower than PS4Pro.
-> Phil Spencer is lying. 4k is not real! Crime!

So, why not something like this:
-> Kaz Hirai annouces PS4Pro as a console much more powerful than PS4.
-> Performance on some specific games, during a short time near release of PRO, got worst performance than PS4.
-> Kaz is lying! PS4Pro is less powerful than regular PS4! yada yada!

Sure thing, powerofthecloud.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/622220/

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:30:45 AM by Assimilate »

« Reply #1032 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:44 AM »
I dunno, but I found Jerry. Why doesn't he want to argue about trigger warnings with us? :'(
https://www.resetera.com/posts/588407/

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1033 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:23 AM »
I dunno, but I found Jerry. Why doesn't he want to argue about trigger warnings with us? :'(
https://www.resetera.com/posts/588407/
I dunno but my god it's too good

https://www.resetera.com/posts/627118

They're mad at CHris Rock making jokes about sexual assault now
Guys it's just a joke stopped being an excuse in elementary school.

:dead

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1034 on: November 07, 2017, 01:37:03 AM »
benji please come back, i was only kidding when i said i didn't know who ted d was
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1035 on: November 07, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
It's disgusting what Cindi did to the Bore. We were going full steam on laughs and now it's fucking dead. DEAD.  :tocry
#lockherup

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1036 on: November 07, 2017, 01:53:14 AM »
This thread right now https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-rock-new-skit-materials-wont-hire-women-they-cry-rape-for-money.4449/page-3
 :rejoice

It means comedians shouldn't feel the need to test every little thing that comes to their head... they're adults, they can know when something shouldn't be said... and if they want to say it well then they should be prepared to face criticism and sure even anger.

I never thought i'd fear the crazy people on the left as much as i do the crazy people on the right. This excelsiorlef person is fucking insane. This fucker would silence all speech if given the power. It'd be straight up north korea.

« Reply #1037 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:02 AM »
I mean, that joke is an extremely bad misfire. But witch hunting season is definitely in full swing in some of those OTs. Thankfully there's a lot of pushback. This as the very first reply:
Betcha there's going to be accusations against Chris Rock.
if not at least semi joking is chilling. Thankfully there's a lot of pushback in there. But OP grabbing the source from Page Six of all places  :doge

Pretty sure excelsioref was the one in either the Papa John's or Taylor Swift thread who tried to shut down criticism by implying that people who were calling it "outrage culture" was some kind of shitpost, handwaving or coded apologism for white supremacy. Naw, if you are posting obvious tabloid gossip just to pillory comedians for trying out an edgy joke that bombed, it's obvious what the agenda is.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1038 on: November 07, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »
I mean, that joke is an extremely bad misfire. But witch hunting season is definitely in full swing in some of those OTs. Thankfully there's a lot of pushback. This as the very first reply:
Betcha there's going to be accusations against Chris Rock.
if not at least semi joking is chilling. Thankfully there's a lot of pushback in there. But OP grabbing the source from Page Six of all places  :doge

Pretty sure excelsioref was the one in either the Papa John's or Taylor Swift thread who tried to shut down criticism by implying that people who were calling it "outrage culture" was some kind of shitpost, handwaving or coded apologism for white supremacy. Naw, if you are posting obvious tabloid gossip just to pillory comedians for trying out an edgy joke that bombed, it's obvious what the agenda is.
How can you even tell the joke is a misfire? it's not even quoted in it's entirety.

ResetGAF is fucking scary. There's no way a ton of 4channers didn't infiltrate that place to stir up this stuff

« Reply #1039 on: November 07, 2017, 02:22:31 AM »
Just for those of you wondering Reset has a dark theme now.  :doge

« Reply #1040 on: November 07, 2017, 02:25:18 AM »
How can you even tell the joke is a misfire? it's not even quoted in it's entirety.

ResetGAF is fucking scary. There's no way a ton of 4channers didn't infiltrate that place to stir up this stuff
The article says people got pissed and booed, and two people got removed. At the end of the set there was silence and he walked off without a word. It definitely misfired and he bombed hard. I think he could definitely get it to work over time, he's a great comedian. But it's going to need a lot of trial and error.

Still gross of the tabloid to seize on it, arguably in just as bad or worse taste than the joke (in it's current form.)

« Reply #1041 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:06 AM »
There's some sad as fuck mentality shit going on here.

Rushing to reserve the privilege to create an "OT" thread for a game. Doing some free work to advertise for a corporation lol

"Believe women. Believe the victims.". I think that saying is offensively sexist as fuck. It makes it seems like an unspoken designation that women are automatically less powerful and needs protection. I get that there's problems with women not able to speak out against their abusers. But that saying makes it seem that it should be default behavior to automatically believe them just based on their gender and role in a case. Which defeats the purpose of due process. Just in case someone wants to jump at me for being sexist or whatever, I respect them enough to acknowledge that they are also capable of being the aggressor.

Have you been living under a rock for the past month?  :crazy

« Reply #1042 on: November 07, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »

Use it to your advantage.

Watching them gang up on Papa Johns now is hilarious. I want to see how far the mob can take down Papa.

At least their pizza sucks.  :doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-johns-pleads-for-nazis-to-not-buy-their-pizza-after-daily-stormer-endorsement.4336/page-6

No more ban button and suddenly people are willing to challenge Bish.

To be fair he does make a point that John is a piece of shit, but I wouldn't equal Nazi with John being a piece of shit like his disgusting cardboard pizza made by soul-less Pizza elves in hell's kitchen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:33:32 AM by thehunter116 »

« Reply #1043 on: November 07, 2017, 02:34:56 AM »
To be fair, the benevolent founder of Little Ceaser's who paid Rosa Park's rent (privately and quietly for years, revealed only after his death) makes absolute wretched pizza based on a permanent BOGO business model. And it still isn't fit for human consumption.

« Reply #1044 on: November 07, 2017, 02:37:04 AM »
To be fair, the benevolent founder of Little Ceaser's who paid Rosa Park's rent (privately and quietly for years, revealed only after his death) makes absolute wretched pizza based on a permanent BOGO business model. And it still isn't fit for human consumption.

I hate all cheap pizza.

Bow before your Giordano's gods.  :lawd :aah :preach :mouf

Freaky Fred

« Reply #1045 on: November 07, 2017, 02:38:08 AM »
I bet enzom and co. are still in the habit of PM'ing Bish to alert him of wrong thought.

Or using PMs to try baiting anyone they've deemed racist into using racial slurs, failing, then pretending they're being harassed so they can tell a mod to ban Freaky Fred anyways

And Papa John's is only kind of bad, it's not nearly as terrible as pizza hut or Dominos
yuck

« Reply #1046 on: November 07, 2017, 02:40:08 AM »

Or using PMs to try baiting anyone they've deemed racist into using racial slurs, failing, then pretending they're being harassed so they can tell a mod to ban Freaky Fred anyways

I think the issue is in a post Trump world we need to remember words and how you use them matter. Poppa John might not have meant to be Racist, but it kinda came out sounding like "Those uppity blacks are making me lose money". Right or wrong how you say something matters.

cityhunter

« Reply #1047 on: November 07, 2017, 02:41:43 AM »

Rushing to reserve the privilege to create an "OT" thread for a game. Doing some free work to advertise for a corporation lol

"Believe women. Believe the victims.". I think that saying is offensively sexist as fuck. It makes it seems like an unspoken designation that women are automatically less powerful and needs protection. I get that there's problems with women not able to speak out against their abusers. But that saying makes it seem that it should be default behavior to automatically believe them just based on their gender and role in a case. Which defeats the purpose of due process. Just in case someone wants to jump at me for being sexist or whatever, I respect them enough to acknowledge that they are also capable of being the aggressor.

Enhance your calm. I've seen all the news. I'm talking about that quote. Not talking about all the women coming out speaking up. That quote makes it that it's automatically given that the words of women or victims are truthful and that there shouldn't be any further doubt. Especially with online mob mentality going on crazy hunt at a drop of a hat. I'm talking about how dangerous that line of binary thinking is pertaining to the neogaf / risotto crowd.

« Reply #1048 on: November 07, 2017, 02:41:58 AM »

I hate all cheap pizza.

Bow before your Giordano's gods.  :lawd :aah :preach :mouf
I liked that they were joking about renaming it Pepe John's. Those sad plebs have obviously never been to New Haven.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/new-haven-pizza-named-best-in-america/

« Reply #1049 on: November 07, 2017, 02:46:43 AM »

Enhance your calm. I've seen all the news. I'm talking about that quote. Not talking about all the women coming out speaking up. That quote makes it that it's automatically given that the words of women or victims are truthful and that there shouldn't be any further doubt. Especially with online mob mentality going on crazy hunt at a drop of a hat. I'm talking about how dangerous that line of binary thinking is pertaining to the neogaf / risotto crowd.

That'll happen anywhere though, even in real life. I told a gay joke in high school that was fairly tame by 2008 standards and I got finger wagged. Not everyone has a funny-bone in their body and not everyone can properly parse information. Doesn't excuse mob mentality but it isn't a gaf/Era exclusive thing. That said I do agree every case should be heard and fair trials given; unfortunately the court of public opinion cares not about such pleasantries.

Faction

« Reply #1050 on: November 07, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
It's my fault guys. I came here being all nice and people couldn't be mean to me and it was slippery slice of niceness that destroyed everything.
And cause I'm stupid nice I will also say sorry

« Reply #1051 on: November 07, 2017, 03:11:37 AM »
It's my fault guys. I came here being all nice and people couldn't be mean to me and it was slippery slice of niceness that destroyed everything.
And cause I'm stupid nice I will also say sorry
You should be sorry, killjoy.

Bore Expert

« Reply #1052 on: November 07, 2017, 03:54:30 AM »
Are Neogaf T shirts collectible now?

Evilore sitting on an eBay goldmine right now  :money

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1053 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/615191

She’s an animal for giving a scumbag the middle finger? Give me a fucking break, I’d give his whole fucking family the middle if I could.

:badass :usacry
ὕβρις

Bore Expert

« Reply #1054 on: November 07, 2017, 04:08:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/615191

She’s an animal for giving a scumbag the middle finger? Give me a fucking break, I’d give his whole fucking family the middle if I could.

:badass :usacry

Maybe you didn’t know, but that forum is filled with people that literally punch nazis in the face everyday in real life. That post was tame in its calm and resolved manner. Those guys are playing 3-D Hungry Hungry Hippo Chess.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1055 on: November 07, 2017, 04:15:34 AM »
Flipping the finger is being an animal?  :lol

im happy gaf lives on

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1056 on: November 07, 2017, 04:18:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/627009/

Black Cube and Kroll’s client lists need to leak. See what motherfuckers like Weinstein have paid to get away with.

Be careful what you wish for.
ὕβρις

« Reply #1057 on: November 07, 2017, 04:25:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/627009/

Black Cube and Kroll’s client lists need to leak. See what motherfuckers like Weinstein have paid to get away with.

Be careful what you wish for.
Novid will be serving us all crow when
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pizzagate turns out to be real.  :hans1
[close]

« Reply #1058 on: November 07, 2017, 04:37:41 AM »
That’s the thing though. If the goal of stand-up comedy is to mock and satirize pervasive beliefs in society, then you need to aim your comedy towards those that directly abuse those beliefs to their advantage.

Why? Punching down can be funny too.

Wew. Let's see how this daring individual fares.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/630629/
Putting aside your other laughable commentary, one cannot make a unique experience for gamers by continuing to only cater to a small sliver of sexist, racist morons too afraid of The Other to embrace the creativity that diversity brings to the table. That way lies stagnation.

And how hostile can this other guy get before he gets warned/banned.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/630589/

Bore Expert

« Reply #1059 on: November 07, 2017, 04:52:25 AM »
Things appear to be getting heated over there. Wait til Last Jedi comes out. Bilbo Boberts will appear with the power of a million Death Star laser beams and smite us all.

« Reply #1060 on: November 07, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »
Things appear to be getting heated over there. Wait til Last Jedi comes out. [REDACTED] will appear with the power of a million Death Star laser beams and smite us all.
DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME!

Bore Expert

« Reply #1061 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:30 AM »
Things appear to be getting heated over there. Wait til Last Jedi comes out. [REDACTED] will appear with the power of a million Death Star laser beams and smite us all.
DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME!

You can censor his name, but you can’t censor his spirit.  Try again kiddo.

« Reply #1062 on: November 07, 2017, 05:15:53 AM »
DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME!

You can censor his name, but you can’t censor his spirit.  Try again kiddo.
maudes halp!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1063 on: November 07, 2017, 05:24:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/602417

As said in the X OT. Samsung is misguided in thinking that there are any benefits of insulting Apple users.

:noooo
ὕβρις

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1064 on: November 07, 2017, 05:24:48 AM »
Things appear to be getting heated over there. Wait til Last Jedi comes out. Bilbo Boberts will appear with the power of a million Death Star laser beams and smite us all.

Can't wait for 6 months straight of Disney shilling on REEEEEEEE over TLJ.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1065 on: November 07, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »
The tagline for the last jedi is pretty good.

"You know Luke, we really are the last of us."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1066 on: November 07, 2017, 05:30:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/597417/

Notice though, that Apple never seem to respond to Samsung's jabs. Even after the Note 7 fiasco, when they could have ripped Samsung mercilessly, they didn't.

It says a lot about the psyche of the two companies. Apple is confident and secure in their position these days, while Samsung seem needy and desperate.

:expert

https://www.resetera.com/posts/594845/

:neogaf
ὕβρις

« Reply #1067 on: November 07, 2017, 05:33:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/597417/

Notice though, that Apple never seem to respond to Samsung's jabs. Even after the Note 7 fiasco, when they could have ripped Samsung mercilessly, they didn't.

It says a lot about the psyche of the two companies. Apple is confident and secure in their position these days, while Samsung seem needy and desperate.
:expert
Dodging taxes on $252 billion in cash gives you a bit of breathing room to keep your cool.

Oblivion

« Reply #1068 on: November 07, 2017, 05:56:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/

This thread is triggering me hard.

How dare they insult my Ivy! :punch

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1069 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:13 AM »
Why is everyone on resetera such a brilliant debater, a masterful raconteur, and so correct in all their opinions?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1070 on: November 07, 2017, 06:03:45 AM »
The most hilarious in that smartphone thread is that the offending Samsung ad is incredibly tame and good natured as far as those exercices go (it's pretty well done for what it is).
But they used the wrong model in that "2010" slide that lasted 1,5 seconds, won't someone think of truth in advertising !? :crybaby
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:10:50 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #1071 on: November 07, 2017, 06:07:49 AM »
Bayonetta and Ivy designs just make me cringe because it feels like they're pandering to horndog 13-year-old boys. As an adult who doesn't really care for the mainstream perception of gaming, it just feels patronising.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/#post-606679

Never gets tiring.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #1072 on: November 07, 2017, 06:10:34 AM »
dark theme is live, i like it

« Reply #1073 on: November 07, 2017, 06:13:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/

This thread is triggering me hard.

How dare they insult my Ivy! :punch
Real talk: Anyone criticizing Soul Calibur needs to be rocketed into the sun.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1074 on: November 07, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
Didn't know TheBore had so many Samsung stans ::)

jorma

« Reply #1075 on: November 07, 2017, 06:18:20 AM »
Bayonetta and Ivy designs just make me cringe because it feels like they're pandering to horndog 13-year-old boys. As an adult who doesn't really care for the mainstream perception of gaming, it just feels patronising.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/#post-606679

Never gets tiring.

You left out the best part. The man gets laid. On a regular basis. How dare you make fun of this mans opinion. What are you, some kind of virgin?

« Reply #1076 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:57 AM »
I actually like Apple, but the cult is real. I don't like that aspect at all.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1077 on: November 07, 2017, 06:25:32 AM »

It has loyal fans but I wouldn't call it a cult. I'm always on the Apple and iPhone subreddits and they're pretty usually critical of Apple's shitty design decisions and things competitors do better (no headphone jack, notch on screen, etc). Honestly, the whole "Apple-sheep" is far more annoying and widespread than the Apple cult.

« Reply #1078 on: November 07, 2017, 06:33:55 AM »

It has loyal fans but I wouldn't call it a cult. I'm always on the Apple and iPhone subreddits and they're pretty usually critical of Apple's shitty design decisions and things competitors do better (no headphone jack, notch on screen, etc). Honestly, the whole "Apple-sheep" is far more annoying and widespread than the Apple cult.
I can more or less agree with that. I might be projecting my own tendency to fanboy out. I still love AMD despite Vega shitting the bed, just on principle. But I do still see blind allegeance here and there.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And tbh I am pretty pissed about the paradise papers, more so governments than corporations. But it bleeds out. :maf
[close]

« Reply #1079 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »
 :drudge Shit stirrer excelsiorlef called out!  :drudge
The joke is (i'm just guessing based on what i've read and the kind of jokes i've heard from him in the past) that Chris Rock would be so afraid of getting accused of rape that he'd need to enact crazy methods of preventing an accusation from taking place (not hiring women) and having to make sure he had a rock solid alibi (hiring people to watch him so they can testify on his behalf). The conceit of the joke isn't women lie about rape, the conceit is the premise that a man would live in so much fear that he'd have to zany lengths to secure an alibi. Chapelle did a similar joke on the Chapelle show where he got lovers to sign a "love contract" so he could prove the sex was consentual. Donald Glover did a similar joke where he describes rushing home to call his girlfriend so he can call her and make sure he hasn't been accused of her murder because he's a black man.

You want it to be a joke about belittling rape survivors, because that's the narrative you've built up in your head. Everyone who can see what you've written in this thread can see that. Everyone.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/632764/

I hate that fucking guy. Here's hoping he at least catches a warning when he once again insinuates that anyone who says otherwise to him is an MRA rape apologist.