Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193049 times)

Bore Expert

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1080 on: November 07, 2017, 06:50:21 AM »
Let’s buy Gaf.

No joke.

#doitforbenji

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1081 on: November 07, 2017, 06:56:12 AM »
in all honesty, what's to be gained in winning an argument in an internet forum? a sense of moral superiority? a feeling of worth? some small semblance of success?

some of these gaf/reset-ers seems so hellbent on proving their super skills. were they all part of their college debate teams?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1082 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:50 AM »
I like that people on resetti are generally even more butthurt than the rape victims. (user was banned for this post)

Mortimer Brewster

« Reply #1083 on: November 07, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »
Things appear to be getting heated over there. Wait til Last Jedi comes out. [REDACTED] will appear with the power of a million Death Star laser beams and smite us all.
DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME!

Say Disney three times and he will appear.

« Reply #1084 on: November 07, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »
in all honesty, what's to be gained in winning an argument in an internet forum? a sense of moral superiority? a feeling of worth? some small semblance of success?
:bolo HONOR!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1085 on: November 07, 2017, 07:13:21 AM »
Didn't know TheBore had so many Samsung stans ::)

:point
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2017, 07:14:41 AM »

some of these gaf/reset-ers seems so hellbent on proving their super skills. were they all part of their college debate teams?

This is a poor attitude to have.

Importance is all relative. You can apply what you're saying to 95% of what people do everyday. What are discussion boards for if not for discussion?

Bore Expert

« Reply #1087 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »

Importance is all relative. You can apply what you're saying to 95% of what people do everyday. What are discussion boards for if not for discussion?

Shitposting. Mostly.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #1088 on: November 07, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »

discussion is not analogous to argument though. And that discussion is in bad faith, if all you are attempting is the destruction of any other opinion. If 95% of your life is trying to convince people of your opinion, you have a pretty dull life, especially if the opinion you espouse is finding political undercurrents in gaming (which seems to be the #1 topic de jour on gaf/etc)

:success :snob

EightBitNate

« Reply #1089 on: November 07, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »

discussion is not analogous to argument though. And that discussion is in bad faith, if all you are attempting is the destruction of any other opinion. If 95% of your life is trying to convince people of your opinion, you have a pretty dull life, especially if the opinion you espouse is finding political undercurrents in gaming (which seems to be the #1 topic de jour on gaf/etc)

I'd rather argue every now and then than restrict myself to only opinions I agree with or ignore the ones I don't  :idont

« Reply #1090 on: November 07, 2017, 07:30:14 AM »

I'm going to prove you wrong buddy, even if it takes the rest of my life.

« Reply #1091 on: November 07, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »
Damn, and I have tickets to see him in a few weeks too.

On the other hand, I guess seeing him get booed and people being kicked out would be an interesting show
https://www.resetera.com/posts/634159/
Boycott mode initializing.  :picard

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1092 on: November 07, 2017, 07:48:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/

This thread is triggering me hard.

How dare they insult my Ivy! :punch

You know what?  Ivy stands out-- Instantly recognizable.  Hilde is generic as hell and completely forgettable.
:idont

It's nice to see an attempt there to at least try to make a point that "sexy" characters are OK, but the thread is still garbage.  Never get tired of seeing all the people who think females showing skin are "gross" and that characters who are completely covered up are "great designs" for no other reason than that.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1093 on: November 07, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/606908/
Quote from: memoryman3, post: 606908, member: 8163
I think Rosalina is a good example of sexualised design...
:what
Quote from: Artorias, post: 607122, member: 2108
Xenoblade 2 = bad sexual design, the game.

It's honestly embarrassing and a lackluster way to the end the year's Switch lineup.
:neogaf
Quote from: Platy, post: 607997, member: 1376
Except cammy's design makes zero sense.

She is basically using a variation of a doll costume, which means she is basically wearing her trigger for post traumatic stress
And lets not ignore that this is supposed to be the official costume of a military team
Platy is back! :hyper  With more nonsensical shit! :hyper 
...Never mind that all the other members of said military team have similar costume designs.  Including the male characters.  :doge  They all look kind of like acrobats or gymnasts in berets.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:03:43 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1094 on: November 07, 2017, 07:59:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/606908/
Quote from: memoryman3, post: 606908, member: 8163
I think Rosalina is a good example of sexualised design...

Super Mario Galaxy 2 also has Demi covered with that fat sexy Luma.

Lubba.

Edit: Force feeding lumas till they explode still makes me laugh.

Faction

« Reply #1095 on: November 07, 2017, 08:17:24 AM »
I just wanted to say that the new official dark theme on reset is amazing and yall should check it out works and matches amazing well with SwiftKey. Damn fine job

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1096 on: November 07, 2017, 08:23:12 AM »
I only ever use light themes on website. Gotta get that vitamin D

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1097 on: November 07, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/

You know what?  Ivy stands out-- Instantly recognizable.  Hilde is generic as hell and completely forgettable.

It's nice to see an attempt there to at least try to make a point that "sexy" characters are OK, but the thread is still garbage.  Never get tired of seeing all the people who think females showing skin are "gross" and that characters who are completely covered up are "great designs" for no other reason than that.

Well yeah but:

rub

Dennis

« Reply #1098 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:57 AM »
Does the Bore have a Dark Theme?

Gotta get that Vitamin D

That is what the girls at the club call me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1099 on: November 07, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »

Well yeah but:

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

Can't believe that actually happened.  WTF happened to you, Exxy?
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1100 on: November 07, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »
Yeah, the official dark theme is close your eyes and turn away there's no such thing as cyber bulling ha ha ha ha ha
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1101 on: November 07, 2017, 08:36:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexualized-designs-do-not-equal-bad-designs.4361/page-5#post-609961
Quote from: LottaGrapes, post: 609961, member: 1258
For me Mai is one of the worst designs to come outta Fatal Fury/Garou. Animations that are designed to emphasize her ass and tits isn't funny or appealing to me, it's just gross.

JUST GROSS JUST GROSS JUST GROSS JUST GROSS JUST GROSS JUST GROSS
ど助平

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #1102 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:13 AM »
how can you not like ivy's tits they look like zits i just want to pop them

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1103 on: November 07, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
Quote from: Luulubuu, post: 615712, member: 1273
I don't get how the skullgirls image and the design of Bayo are sexy?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

« Reply #1104 on: November 07, 2017, 09:30:23 AM »
Player 1 was not quite ready when he voiced dissent.

I'm not offended by any type of jokes because... they are jokes. I'm not a snowflake.

All I can say is that some women do cry rape for money and even revenge.

My best friend got accused of rape back in 2013. His former girlfriend accused him and he could face many, many years in jail but he had an alibi for the day and time and they also found security camera footage that showed that the former girlfriend was walking outside his job on a daily basis stalking him.

She falsely accused him to get revenge because he dumped her and to get some money. In the end she got arrested and sentenced to jail.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/634843/
Oh c'mon mate, that's a exception not the rule.

And can we please stop using expressions that are typically used by the alt-right? Thank you.
I never said that. I just said that some women do.
I use whatever expressions I like, thank you very much.
I hope this awful post gets bombarded with reports. Jesus...
Awful? Why?
So that's the standard behavior and not the outlier?
I said some women... some.
Get out and take your "women are lying bitches" offensive horseshit with you.
Wow :doge

Hopefully the mods will listen to the bombardment of reports and ban this obvious alt right troll infiltrator. Maybe a plea from the heart from another user might go over better.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/636246/
Even 2% is honestly terrifying considering how it can affect your life.

Close friend killed himself after he was accused when he lost his job, lost his gf, lost his scholarship, and lost most of his friends. That's in a situation where we had literal video evidence of him being at a party 90 minutes away from where the alleged event happened. He was arrested but never charged. We basically had to put his sister under house arrest with someone watching 24/7 for 2 weeks because she legitimately was planning on murdering the garbage that accused him.

Launch all false victims and rapists into the fucking sun.

Sad! Surely this might...
I agree being falsely accused of something is terrifying. But 2% is a really neglectable number when you compare it to the number of women abused, and to the percentage of women that don't report it because of the fear they have of not being taken seriously or being blamed for it.
And thinking along the lines of this joke is a patriarchal tool used to silence women.
Please shut up about your dead friend, he doesn't matter.
Disgusting thing to say.

Don't want to be accused of rape or abuse? Don't rape or abuse anyone. It is that simple.
:fbm

paprikastaude

« Reply #1105 on: November 07, 2017, 09:34:37 AM »
But is it really a GAF thread without people specifically mentioning how gross high heels are?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »
Quote from: Platy, post: 620488, member: 1376
She did awesome stuff, is an awesome artist and everything i read about her work points to her being a comedian like Jack Black or Adam Sandler of acting. They proved once and again that they CAN act. But they do what gives then more money. Kinu more than once said her favorite works are the likes of armored core and shadows of mystara. And then she does that BAD design (it is a shitty design EVEN if you ignore the objectification) of the main character of Code of Princess ? The crown looks like a last minute addition like "oh yeah she is a princess". That goes against everything. And the thief from code of princess is a copy and past hoodless D&D SoM thief =P
:confused

Quote from: Platy, post: 620488, member: 1376
But whatever.

Helga from that game is a good example of sexy without being objectified in an awesome design that tells a lot about the character

That character looks like a NUN.  Definitely a good example of "sexy."  :lol ::)
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
I'm offended by the strategic slit in her dress showing us some of her thighs. Disgusting, cover her up.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »
But is it really a GAF thread without people specifically mentioning how gross high heels are?

I'm not grossed by it however I think it's ridiculous just how pervasive this element is in character design no matter how illogical they are. Especially in pseudo "realistic" or "serious" setting where the character is supposedly an action professional. Breaks my suspension of disbelief pretty hard.
ὕβρις

Novid

« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
I know there are some of you who are Christians etc, but humor me a bit here...
I have this very sinking suspicion that the SSW folks will soon become Evangelicals.
Thats the day i know its over for religion in this country because they will turn all their stupid mantras and headcannons of their past into pseudo fire and brimstone bullshit

Novid

« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »
doublepost

tummyfat

« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
I have this very sinking suspicion that the SSW folks will soon become Evangelicals.
Thats the day i know its over for religion in this country.
It's weird because these people don't think of themselves as being puritanical

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2017, 10:24:31 AM »
It's a video game forum, what the fuck

This is actually newsfeed worthy  :lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:27 AM »
Well yeah but:

:goldberg
Where the heck is this from?

Don't forget this when your usual suspects try really hard to proclaim that this entire discourse has totally nothing to do with being prude. Though I gotta say that GAF had surprisingly little backlash against Yakuza 0. Mind you, there of course still were a few dumbsacks offended by the fact that a half-comedic game about criminals in a redlight district showed women being objectified, but it thankfully never took over.

Novid

« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »
Thats the day i know its over for religion in this country.
It's weird because these people don't think of themselves as being puritanical
They use the same tropes and many in the AA community are in the revival churches already. Olseen and that dude Bieber credits are starting to use there catchphrases. Only a matter of time till i see Ashley Judd on TBN in 18 months or so. I mean fuck watch the interview and that ending with Diane Sawyer "I love you harvey and i hope you can find help"

Novid

« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »
Thats why i say all movements we see now are inherently conservative. Its right wing vs right wing - there is no left wing movement, and if there was one #metoo would have never exploded as it did.

agrajag

« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
Didn't know TheBore had so many Samsung stans ::)
I actually like Apple, but the cult is real. I don't like that aspect at all.

It has loyal fans but I wouldn't call it a cult. I'm always on the Apple and iPhone subreddits and they're pretty usually critical of Apple's shitty design decisions and things competitors do better (no headphone jack, notch on screen, etc). Honestly, the whole "Apple-sheep" is far more annoying and widespread than the Apple cult.

Watch out guys, he frequents subreddits  :badass

tummyfat

« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
Amir0x will be back in Courtroom 1 on 1/11/18 for his final sentencing.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »

:goldberg
Where the heck is this from?

Patrick Klepeck enjoying Yakuza 0.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1119 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:35 AM »

I'm not grossed by it however I think it's ridiculous just how pervasive this element is in character design no matter how illogical they are. Especially in pseudo "realistic" or "serious" setting where the character is supposedly an action professional. Breaks my suspension of disbelief pretty hard.

Which "realistic" games does this happen in?  Metal Gear Solid V with Quiet, where you play as one man taking on entire armies by yourself and running away from ghosts and shit?   :doge  A chick running around with a thong up her rear is hardly the most unrealistic thing about most of these video games.  Where Kojima fucked up with that character is the backstory.  The "photosynthesis" thing is just...lol.  Just stop.  Tell people you wanted a "sexy" character and leave it at that.
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1120 on: November 07, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
An example would be Kidman in Evil Within 1, some of the shoes in RE6 (though at least Helena has wide heels, make a little bit more sense) too. Please note I put brackets for realism and seriousness because heh... But still those are soldiers, cops and special agents entering trouble within their duties. Plus I don't think wearing flat sole shoes would radically change any of the designs.
I'm fine with Ada Wong because the character was always exuberant and absurd from the start and she's obviously a femme fatale.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:29:11 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Clockwork5

« Reply #1121 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »

Which "realistic" games does this happen in?  Metal Gear Solid V with Quiet, where you play as one man taking on entire armies by yourself and running away from ghosts and shit?   :doge  A chick running around with a thong up her rear is hardly the most unrealistic thing about most of these video games.  Where Kojima fucked up with that character is the backstory.  The "photosynthesis" thing is just...lol.  Just stop.  Tell people you wanted a "sexy" character and leave it at that.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #1122 on: November 07, 2017, 11:31:01 AM »
Is freenudemacuser banned from GAF and blocked from registering at RE?
Unzip

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1123 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »
Mac was perm'd by bish, AFAIK. I dunno about Capitalism, ho! blocking him.

Jansen

« Reply #1124 on: November 07, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
Thats the day i know its over for religion in this country because they will turn all their stupid mantras and headcannons of their past into pseudo fire and brimstone bullshit

You should shut the fuck up forever

nudemacusers

« Reply #1125 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
Is freenudemacuser banned from GAF and blocked from registering at RE?
Yes to the first and I dunno on the second. I don’t think I’m that noteworthy enough to be getting a preflight screening.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #1126 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
Mac was perm'd by bish, AFAIK. I dunno about Capitalism, ho! blocking him.
Nah it was prob besada; was in one of those dumb pewdiepie threads. Someone else came in and gave me a proper send off ban message.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1127 on: November 07, 2017, 12:19:15 PM »
Dying for pewdiepie  :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1128 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:21 PM »

Well yeah but:

Jansen

« Reply #1129 on: November 07, 2017, 12:28:18 PM »
Today in: Is platy distinguished mentally-challenged?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/634706/

nudemacusers

« Reply #1130 on: November 07, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »
Dying for pewdiepie  :lol
It’s not like that I swear 😫
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1131 on: November 07, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
While Kojima is a hack, i will fight anyone who shits on Z.O.E.  :maf

Jansen

« Reply #1132 on: November 07, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/646914/

Dude is trying so hard to make this nontroversy stick

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1133 on: November 07, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/646914/

Dude is trying so hard to make this nontroversy stick

So she freaked out and was all like "nope mmh mmh not happening."

The real story here is that maybe it's because she had to kiss a black guy. I'm surprised no one talk about this. Is she a nazi?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1134 on: November 07, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »
Today in: Is platy distinguished mentally-challenged?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/634706/

Vice president Helicopter :trigger
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1138 on: November 07, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »
I love it when those guys pretend that they even have normal human interactions. You don't make threads like that if you do.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1139 on: November 07, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
What is that "Original Poster" tag on Resetti?