Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174492 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1680 on: November 10, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
Novid is Besada. Besada is Novid. He's not done destroying our little shitposting community. He couldn't do it from without, so now he's going to do it from within.
Nope.

Go back to writing Thundercats fanfic, kiddo.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1681 on: November 10, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
The mods ditching him was the coup de grâce. That made most users realize the ship is sinking.

Meanwhile the ruling class is laughing their asses off because within a few years they convinced the morons to start fighting each other about fucking nothing.

distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.
:dead

Man, I was annoyed by your constant angry-posting for the longest time, but this is kind of endearing.

Du-fus and op-timus up a tree~

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1682 on: November 10, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »
Is my novid account banned?

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #1683 on: November 10, 2017, 04:46:22 PM »
The mods ditching him was the coup de grâce. That made most users realize the ship is sinking.

Meanwhile the ruling class is laughing their asses off because within a few years they convinced the morons to start fighting each other about fucking nothing.

distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.
:dead

Man, I was annoyed by your constant angry-posting for the longest time, but this is kind of endearing.

Du-fus and op-timus up a tree~

:heartbeat

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Raist

Novid

« Reply #1686 on: November 10, 2017, 04:58:27 PM »
Novid is Besada. Besada is Novid. He's not done destroying our little shitposting community. He couldn't do it from without, so now he's going to do it from within.
Nope.

Go back to writing Thundercats fanfic, kiddo.
How you like Predwood burning in a pyre? I like it just fine thank you.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1687 on: November 10, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs.4483/page-35#post-774125

No issue about seeing Geralt's ass tho I guess :teehee

lol Someone mentioning the cards that are only in the first game and then CD Project Red dropped it because they were rightly mocked for it.

Also if there's anything to complain about, I don't see dick/puss in the game. We get full frontal tits with the nipples in an M-rated game, but the actual genitals? Still a bridge too far.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #1688 on: November 10, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »
I love the nudity in The Witcher, I love female nudity in general, tits are great.
Drunk

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1689 on: November 10, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »
Novid is the next evolution of Martin Raperman.  Get #woke, losers.
🍆🍆

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1690 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Id rather they made some good looking armor instead of mediocre 3d tits.  :doge

kingv

« Reply #1691 on: November 10, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
The cards in Witcher 1 were dope. I wish that system existed in real life.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1692 on: November 10, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »

Cat armor, son.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #1693 on: November 10, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »
Is my novid account banned?

I knew there's a reason why you kept liking his posts.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #1694 on: November 10, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »
Novid, have you ever considered the possibility that you, and others like you, are the only ones that have been negatively affected by the chemicals that the government and Monsanto dump into drinking water supplies?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Raist

« Reply #1695 on: November 10, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
holy fuck do they even know what communism is?

FUCKING MORONS.

guys, as a white man, i give you full permission to just nuke us all to fucking kingdom come - we're done, get us out of here.

How can one hold all that virtue.

Novid

« Reply #1696 on: November 10, 2017, 06:10:59 PM »
Novid, have you ever considered the possibility that you, and others like you, are the only ones that have been negatively affected by the chemicals that the government and Monsanto dump into drinking water supplies?
you dont know the difference between shit posting and reality dont yall?
God, yall fucking worse than the SSW at times - they dont like fucking satire.
Yall of all people I would think would understand satire when they see it.

Eteric

« Reply #1697 on: November 10, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »
They going after Jordan Peterson now? lol

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1698 on: November 10, 2017, 06:18:24 PM »

Cat armor, son.
Or wolf. Or bear. Or viper and manticore if you have the DLCs. Most of the witcher sets look great.

Anyone wearing the random crap they pick up off dead bodies deserve to look like trash.

Novid

« Reply #1699 on: November 10, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
They going after Jordan Peterson now? lol
He's harmless. A bit dense. But harmless.

Novid

« Reply #1700 on: November 10, 2017, 06:21:05 PM »
The greatest harm to the LBGT community is the fact that Prostitution is not prosecuted the way it should be. A mistmenor with community service and counseling with job training to get out of shit tier lifestyle.

Fact its not done is the reason why have all this sex pest mess and the confusion and conflation of slut walks with promotion of that fucking lifestyle. You can legalize it but you see that means the society endorses slavery. And in before "What about Aussie", they have so many shit tier polices and dont get me started with their treatment of the Aboriginals.

Sex either belongs to God or to nature but never to human society because once it goes to the very latter the society will decay and fracture.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:28:24 PM by Novid »

thisismyusername

« Reply #1701 on: November 10, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »

Cat armor, son.
Or wolf. Or bear. Or viper and manticore if you have the DLCs. Most of the witcher sets look great.

Anyone wearing the random crap they pick up off dead bodies deserve to look like trash.

Hell, the random crap looks good for the time-period.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1702 on: November 10, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »
when you're tired of nudity, you're tired of life.

Either that, or you're just virtue signalling.
que

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1703 on: November 10, 2017, 06:37:50 PM »
The greatest harm to the LBGT community is the fact that Prostitution is not prosecuted the way it should be. A mistmenor with community service and counseling with job training to get out of shit tier lifestyle.

Fact its not done is the reason why have all this sex pest mess and the confusion and conflation of slut walks with promotion of that fucking lifestyle. You can legalize it but you see that means the society endorses slavery. And in before "What about Aussie", they have so many shit tier polices and dont get me started with their treatment of the Aboriginals.

Sex either belongs to God or to nature but never to human society because once it goes to the very latter the society will decay and fracture.

Ban this filth.
serge

counterhit

« Reply #1704 on: November 10, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-planning-targeted-harassment-campaign.5300/page-3#post-794223
4chan’s /pol/ was what Hillary was clearly alluding to in that speech. It’s just that everyone knows you’d be a fucking moron to pick a direct fight with a place that can strike relentlessly and anonymously.

Language, please.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ctrl+F, "fuck".
[close]

Novid

« Reply #1705 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »

Ban this filth.

The truth hurts breh.

etiolate

« Reply #1706 on: November 10, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »
oh going after Peterson

reset era, where its all just a continuation of before

Novid

« Reply #1707 on: November 10, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »
oh going after Peterson

reset era, where its all just a continuation of before
yall expect anything different.

counterhit

« Reply #1708 on: November 10, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »
What they are calling dogwhistles are pretty much just the standard mix of mild social conservatism/Christianity and pragmatic liberalism you see in center or center-right people in intellectual areas. The conclusion here is that all conservatism descends to Nazis. If you are to the left of Nazis, then you are actually just speaking to and for them in secret code. Very dangerous if you are as articulate and popular as Peterson. Pay no mind how much twisting and turning one has to do to make someone a demon.

He's not a secret Nazi though, he's a (not so) secret Christian. His material isn't really radical, maybe a bit misinformed, but he's just really good at talking to millennials about conservatism and Christianity after they've spent decades thinking it was for dumb rednecks the Daily Show makes fun of. Nazis like him, because they dislike many of the same ideologies (and some of those "Nazis" are actually just hardcore Christians). (A lot of millennials are at the age where they may begin to find hedonist lolbertarian/atheism a bit stagnant and empty, so they want to seek bigger answers. This explains why he's so popular with the "skeptics".)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:57:57 PM by counterhit »

Optimus

« Reply #1709 on: November 10, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »
Jordan Peterson is a little too obsessed with communism but these fucking idiots calling him alt-right further shows how politically uneducated they are. Also, that warning was the perfect example of a double standard, not surprising at all.

Optimus

« Reply #1710 on: November 10, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »
What they are calling dogwhistles are pretty much just the standard mix of mild social conservatism/Christianity and pragmatic liberalism you see in center or center-right people in intellectual areas. The conclusion here is that all conservatism descends to Nazis. If you are to the left of Nazis, then you are actually just speaking to and for them in secret code. Very dangerous if you are as articulate and popular as Peterson. Pay no mind how much twisting and turning one has to do to make someone a demon.

He's not a secret Nazi though, he's a (not so) secret Christian. His material isn't really radical, maybe a bit misinformed, but he's just really good at talking to millennials about conservatism and Christianity after they've spent decades thinking it was for dumb rednecks the Daily Show makes fun of. Nazis like him, because they dislike many of the same ideologies (and some of those "Nazis" are actually just hardcore Christians). (A lot of millennials are at the age where they may begin to find hedonist lolbertarian/atheism a bit stagnant and empty, so they want to seek bigger answers. This explains why he's so popular with the "skeptics".)

One of the greatest skits on Daily Show ever pretty much mocked that exact behavior but he was targeting the other side of politically uneducated morons. Back then actually it was only imbeciles like Glenn Beck behaving that way:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/gmgfdo/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-conservative-libertarian

I still watch this one every few months, always makes me laugh.

meeb

« Reply #1711 on: November 10, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
Jordan Peterson is a little too obsessed with communism but these fucking idiots calling him alt-right further shows how politically uneducated they are. Also, that warning was the perfect example of a double standard, not surprising at all.

Peterson's a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow regardless of whether or not he's alt-right.

Novid

« Reply #1712 on: November 10, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »

Peterson's a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow regardless of whether or not he's alt-right.
Explain to me why hes a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow? He admits that he has aspects of his research that needs work, but he isnt a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow as you think he is.

Novid

« Reply #1713 on: November 10, 2017, 07:23:30 PM »
My wife loves over-sexualized female characters; hell she has some pervy anime figurines.  Always makes objectification issues hard for me to discuss;  her experience is anecdotal but so is everyone elses.  I think the real issue is society and actual treatment of women;  I don't think changing art will actually improve how women are viewed or treated.  Some of the most prudish societies treat women horribly, so it's not really logical to me.

Boobies.
The society needs to accept that women are sexual beings just as much as men full stop.
The way Larlie Penny wants women's agency in her recent Long Reads post is only going to cause the Harvest Of Souls to be more explicit
And I dont want to raise NO child in her world view.

meeb

« Reply #1714 on: November 10, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »

Explain to me why hes a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow? He admits that he has aspects of his research that needs work, but he isnt a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow as you think he is.

Maybe I'm confusing him, but doesn't he unironically believe that there's an evil force of "Cultural Marxism" trying to destroy Western civilization?

Himu

« Reply #1715 on: November 10, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
Sigh. Identity politics is a symptom of ruling elites leaving shit on the table too long and not doing anything about it as the Internet has made the world smaller. It's reasonable people are invested in it. But many have taken it too far, just like anything. Whether it will be good or bad for elites has yet to be seen, although they can monetize it by allowing more perspectives out there, but that's kind of one of the main goals to identity politics so it's not an inherent loss. If you didn't notice, identity politics started ramping up after Ferguson. Ferguson is a really big catalyst point for many identity politics movements and if you think that's an inherently bad thing, you should probably get fucked.

Apparently you and I remember this shit very differently. I don't remember this organic happenstance you're talking about, I specifically remember right after OWS corporate internet media suddenly spamming identity politics with internet media targeted at women making up the first distinguished mentally-challenged "controversies". This was just like other organized efforts that happened during the years, like the harassment narrative they used to implemented stricter censorship rules on social media conglomerates a few years ago or the fake news narrative that is being used right now to outright censor the internet (including socialist sites I visit). Lately they're not even being discreet about it, the fake news narrative was copy pasted overnight by dozens of high profile systemic media outlets and the idiots ate it up immediately and then regurgitated it on social media, you know, like they did with identity politics.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'll lay it out nice and clear.

Ferguson was a tipping point. The most prominent type of identity politics these days is racial. There's a reason for that. Ferguson you saw a lot of people's true colors. People who thought American police terrorizing its own populace with might and power and tanks was justified. I find it funny that as a "socialist" you don't find this alarming but I have gathered from your rants you're more of a "brocialist" so it's not surprising. Ferguson was very important for many reasons as it showed how far America was willing to justify murder of black people and how they were willing to make light of people's pain. People were pissed and rightly so. After that BLM started to gain traction and people were promptly forces to make a choice. Lines were being drawn. You had an entire generation of black people introduced to shit like Angela Davis and James Baldwin thought, people were marching and protesting. People started mobilizing. Eventually this mobilization led to radicalization and the radicalization led to certain bitching about everything. Now people were complaining about appropriation. I mean, racial minorities have had problems with this for generations but it was revived in a brand new way of over sensitized outrage culture.

All of the grievances were justified but were more and more increasingly more volatile in response. White people would dismiss stuff like BLM and start shit like Blue Lives Matter and this incensed people even more and lines were further drawn. As lines became thicker, people started to care about more and more trivial things. Eventually it turned into an outrage Olympics. Basically, "identity politics'" origins start from the proletariat feeling their own country was against them. This bred animosity and that lead to what we have today. Things like cops murdering children and getting away with it, and all the cam footage of cops doing injustice with the federal government doing jack and shit helped further this divide.

TLDR: identity politics comes from a very justified agrrievement from lack of justice taken too far. When you deem your own country as the enemy, everyone who doesn't look like you becomes the enemy. This is a symptom of the ruling class not taking care of their citizens and the proletariat using a justified albeit, sometimes misguided, means of very real pain.

I have no idea why you are bringing up OWS. OWS has nothing to do with identity politics. It was all about income inequality through and through although the means for protest were more than questionable. Your conclusion is lacking clarity and frankly, is really vague.

I've talked to a lot of socialists, being one myself, and don't be offended by this but I have to say your brand of socialism is one of the most vapid I have ever seen, even amongst the many brocialist I've interacted with. I'm not sure where in the tent you sit, but claiming to be socialist and not understanding the dynamics from where modern identity politics sprouted from is simply suspect. You should probably be paying attention to the Kaepernik situation and trial right now. An American sports corporation entity not allowing a very much qualified athlete work for them for expressing his own right to protest and basic workers rights should be on every socialists' radar. Another post-Ferguson incident directly impacted by it. But it's also a situation that drives into the heart of American racial inequality, crony capitalistic influence, and worker rights oversight. The NFL has made modern gladiators out of their players, abusing their rights not only as employees but general personhood for decades. Their knowledge of CTE and its effects on their workers without stating it as their players sacrifice not only body, but also mind (without informed consent) is just the tip of the iceberg. But nah, I bet this Kaepernik/NFL situation too will be classified as mere "identity politics" by you.
IYKYK

Switters

« Reply #1716 on: November 10, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
"As for Hollywood, burn it all down to the ground."

Say's the person with the fucking Disney avatar.
troll

etiolate

« Reply #1717 on: November 10, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »

Maybe I'm confusing him, but doesn't he unironically believe that there's an evil force of "Cultural Marxism" trying to destroy Western civilization?

Cultural Marxism is essentially real. A theory of the world where certain groups oppress others, except not done via financial class but done via group identities such as race, gender, and sexuality. This view of the world coming out of a anti-capitalist/marxist think tank. It then became dominant in higher education.

There is debate on whether the current form matches the actual ideas of the old Frankfurt school of thought, but there is no denying the current form and that it is prevalent in academia. Most don't see the approach as an attempt to destroy western civilication, but just another msiguided attempt to solve or fix human nature by people who understood less than we do now. It does, in its current form, do damage to society and is a tool for people who do want to tear down western, post-enlightenment, democratic society.

That's how you get Islamists and LGBTQ groups both using it when its advantageous, despite those two groups having irreconcilable aims. The one aim they do have is disrupting to tearing down the current western world. One wants a utopia for Islam and the other wants a utopia for intersectional feminism. To do that, you have to tear down what currently exists.

meeb

« Reply #1718 on: November 10, 2017, 07:47:19 PM »

Cultural Marxism is essentially real. A theory of the world where certain groups oppress others, except not done via financial class but done via group identities such as race, gender, and sexuality. This view of the world coming out of a anti-capitalist/marxist think tank. It then became dominant in higher education.

There is debate on whether the current form matches the actual ideas of the old Frankfurt school of thought, but there is no denying the current form and that it is prevalent in academia. Most don't see the approach as an attempt to destroy western civilication, but just another msiguided attempt to solve or fix human nature by people who understood less than we do now. It does, in its current form, do damage to society and is a tool for people who do want to tear down western, post-enlightenment, democratic society.

That's how you get Islamists and LGBTQ groups both using it when its advantageous, despite those two groups having irreconcilable aims. The one aim they do have is disrupting to tearing down the current western world. One wants a utopia for Islam and the other wants a utopia for intersectional feminism. To do that, you have to tear down what currently exists.

Good. Capitalism is :trash

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1719 on: November 10, 2017, 07:48:55 PM »

One of the greatest skits on Daily Show ever pretty much mocked that exact behavior but he was targeting the other side of politically uneducated morons. Back then actually it was only imbeciles like Glenn Beck behaving that way:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/gmgfdo/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-conservative-libertarian

I still watch this one every few months, always makes me laugh.

"In my America, nobody tells people when they can masturbate."

Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1720 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »

Can we newsfeed this entire thing?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1721 on: November 10, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »
gaf died for a lot of reasons

tyler cultured a monster of a community with a mob-like mentality, how did he not know that it could backfire and everyone could turn against him at the drop of a hat?
'
Replace Tyler with Donald Trump  :doge
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #1722 on: November 10, 2017, 08:09:15 PM »
Sigh. Identity politics is a symptom of ruling elites leaving shit on the table too long and not doing anything about it as the Internet has made the world smaller. It's reasonable people are invested in it. But many have taken it too far, just like anything. Whether it will be good or bad for elites has yet to be seen, although they can monetize it by allowing more perspectives out there, but that's kind of one of the main goals to identity politics so it's not an inherent loss. If you didn't notice, identity politics started ramping up after Ferguson. Ferguson is a really big catalyst point for many identity politics movements and if you think that's an inherently bad thing, you should probably get fucked.

Apparently you and I remember this shit very differently. I don't remember this organic happenstance you're talking about, I specifically remember right after OWS corporate internet media suddenly spamming identity politics with internet media targeted at women making up the first distinguished mentally-challenged "controversies". This was just like other organized efforts that happened during the years, like the harassment narrative they used to implemented stricter censorship rules on social media conglomerates a few years ago or the fake news narrative that is being used right now to outright censor the internet (including socialist sites I visit). Lately they're not even being discreet about it, the fake news narrative was copy pasted overnight by dozens of high profile systemic media outlets and the idiots ate it up immediately and then regurgitated it on social media, you know, like they did with identity politics.

Ferguson was a tipping point. The most prominent type of identity politics these days is racial. There's a reason for that. Ferguson you saw a lot of people's true colors. People who thought American police terrorizing its own populace with might and power and tanks was justified. I find it funny that as a "socialist" you don't find this alarming but I have gathered from your rants you're more of a "brocialist" so it's not surprising. Ferguson was very important for many reasons as it showed how far America was willing to justify murder of black people and how they were willing to make light of people's pain. People were pissed and rightly so. After that BLM started to gain traction and people were promptly forces to make a choice. Lines were being drawn. You had an entire generation of black people introduced to shit like Angela Davis and James Baldwin thought, people were marching and protesting. People started mobilizing. Eventually this mobilization led to radicalization and the radicalization led to certain bitching about everything. Now people were complaining about appropriation. I mean, racial minorities have had problems with this for generations but it was revived in a brand new way of over sensitized outrage culture.

All of the grievances were justified but were more and more increasingly more volatile in response. White people would dismiss stuff like BLM and start shit like Blue Lives Matter and this incensed people even more and lines were further drawn. As lines became thicker, people started to care about more and more trivial things. Eventually it turned into an outrage Olympics. Basically, "identity politics'" origins start from the proletariat feeling their own country was against them. This bred animosity and that lead to what we have today. Things like cops murdering children and getting away with it, and all the cam footage of cops doing injustice with the federal government doing jack and shit helped further this divide.

TLDR: identity politics comes from a very justified agrrievement from lack of justice taken too far. When you deem your own country as the enemy, everyone who doesn't look like you becomes the enemy. This is a symptom of the ruling class not taking care of their citizens and the proletariat using a justified albeit, sometimes misguided, means of very real pain.

I have no idea why you are bringing up OWS. OWS has nothing to do with identity politics. It was all about income inequality through and through although the means for protest were more than questionable. Your conclusion is lacking clarity and frankly, is really vague.

I've talked to a lot of socialists, being one myself, and don't be offended by this but I have to say your brand of socialism is one of the most vapid I have ever seen, even amongst the many brocialist I've interacted with. I'm not sure where in the tent you sit, but claiming to be socialist and not understanding the dynamics from where modern identity politics sprouted from is simply suspect. You should probably be paying attention to the Kaepernik situation and trial right now. An American sports corporation entity not allowing a very much qualified athlete work for them for expressing his own right to protest and basic workers rights should be on every socialists' radar. Another post-Ferguson incident directly impacted by it. But it's also a situation that drives into the heart of American racial inequality, crony capitalistic influence, and worker rights oversight. The NFL has made modern gladiators out of their players, abusing their rights not only as employees but general personhood for decades. Their knowledge of CTE and its effects on their workers without stating it as their players sacrifice not only body, but also mind (without informed consent) is just the tip of the iceberg. But nah, I bet this Kaepernik/NFL situation too will be classified as mere "identity politics" by you.

Even though you accidentally point to it, you don't realize that you revealed identity politics as old. Angela Davis is a communist. She was party to terrorism. She is trained in subversion. Baldwin flirted with that stuff as well.

Identity politics is a product of foreign subversion tactics. It's been hanging around for awhile. It's not designed to accomplish anything for civil progress. It's designed to create civil strife and destroy national identity. National identity serves a purpose. One of the purposes it can serve is uniting people to make sure everyone is treated equally within that nation.  The good of national identity is that it overcomes tribal squabbles within.

Himu

« Reply #1723 on: November 10, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
1. I never said it was new.
2. Baldwin and Davis' politics completely inform how I explained where identity politics comes from: that "identity politics" are not formed within a vaccum.
3. I already know Davis is a communist. Given her ties to the Black Panther Party.
4. Her "terrorism" aka the accusation she killed a cop doesn't have much evidence especially given her ties to the Black Panthers and COINTELPRO's attempts at sabotoging the organization. This is further shown by previous charge - and later acquittal - of conspiracy, murder, and kidnapping.

Painting Davis as merely a terrorist is completely ahistorical. It's like calling Nelson Mandela nothing but a terrorist.

You sound ridiculous and silly. As usual.
IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #1724 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
etoilet sounding increasingly like a Crypto lately :holeup
bent

thisismyusername

« Reply #1725 on: November 10, 2017, 08:43:43 PM »

Newsfeed for this dumbness, demi plz.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1726 on: November 10, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »
Mods Praising other mods.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/806053/

Incestuous if you ask me.  And probably a bit "male feminist" too.
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #1727 on: November 10, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
You really do not understand.

TLDR: identity politics comes from a very justified agrrievement from lack of justice taken too far.

The injustices are advantageous to identity politics, but its not where Identity Politics comes from. The purpose of those 70s groups for the people in them was to create revolution. To tear down everything. The purpose for the Soviets that helped train and create those groups was to create dissonance within the American people. That is the aim of identity politics. it's a subversion tool without its master. It's a headless monster. People are witless merchants of it.

So, yes, Kaepernick is identity politics. You know why? Because he was late to the fucking party, brought it up as his career was dovetailing, and dragged the conversation down to the idiotic level it's at now. Before Kaep took a knee, we have a nationally broadcast public forum hosted by President himself. As part of that discussion, the state started looking into how to address the issue. Things were on the road to progress. So what does Kaep accomplish? Involving people who can't help the issue at all and dragging the whole topic into shitsville.

So that shit show goes on for awhile and eventually the NFL announces that it will be meeting with the NFLPA to discuss how to have a platform for the player's concerns so they can get over this flag protest while not ignoring the issue. You know what is? Progress. So what was the reaction to that? Oh, the NFL gonna make them stop protesting. Boo NFL.

Here is what I realized: Certain approaches and factors keep leading towards civil strife rather than civil progress. At a certain point, you have to stop thinking the strife is by accident.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1728 on: November 10, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »

Even though you accidentally point to it, you don't realize that you revealed identity politics as old. Angela Davis is a communist. She was party to terrorism. She is trained in subversion. Baldwin flirted with that stuff as well.

Identity politics is a product of foreign subversion tactics. It's been hanging around for awhile. It's not designed to accomplish anything for civil progress. It's designed to create civil strife and destroy national identity. National identity serves a purpose. One of the purposes it can serve is uniting people to make sure everyone is treated equally within that nation.  The good of national identity is that it overcomes tribal squabbles within.

Etiolate, you are not totally wrong but why the fuck is always more easy to you see subversion tactics in a bunch students thinking that can change the world but not in organizing campaigns of misinformation online to influence a election.

daemon

« Reply #1729 on: November 10, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »

Good. Capitalism is :trash

"an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state."

Pretty sure both of them are controlled and regulated by the state. So you can't really know what capitalism is, as there's no real capitalist nation. Only masked capitalism where the public servants bend the rules to favor or not private companies above others.

It's also the most stable system to date, because it promotes activity vs inaction. Capitalism is not incompatible with social policies.

Saying the US is a capitalism is like saying Hillary is left-wing. Having notions of it doesn't automatically turn the whole thing into one.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1730 on: November 10, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
There is already a politics thread...

Edit: Daemon, why did you give me a like when you are shitting in the thread?

etiolate

« Reply #1731 on: November 10, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »

Etiolate, you are not totally wrong but why the fuck is always more easy to you see subversion tactics in a bunch students thinking that can change the world but not in organizing campaigns of misinformation online to influence a election.

I've actually always said that every major nation is attempting to influence other nation's election and government. The question is how is one case unique from another, and how did that unique case actually manage to influence the outcome of an election.

(Rather than, you know, genuine and justified disgust with both candidates and the various other fucked up parts of the US.)

You have to examine the actual impact of the foreign country's efforts and if the outcome of the election actually favors them. I really don't think Pope blessed Trump swayed anyone away from what they were thinking before.

You then have an even bigger claim to say the candidate themselves was involved.

Himu

« Reply #1732 on: November 10, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »
Kaepernik was not late to the party and I say this as someone who truly believes the man is a smart dumb as the issue was hardly over and the nation was not even remotely spiraling towards healing, taking the knee and sports protest have a history in the country, Angela Davis and the folks of the 70's main goal was black peoples rights and concerns to be taken seriously after a post-Malcolm and MLK assassination. I have absolutely no idea where you have gotten your ideas and at this point I don't even want to know.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #1733 on: November 10, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »

blame reset for going crazy on Peterson

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You really can't divorce the cultural stuff from politics or a place like gaf/reset. It's embedded nonsense. It'll keep coming up.
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #1734 on: November 10, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »
A "yes but no" is a shitty answer, Etiolate.

Himu

« Reply #1735 on: November 10, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »

There's a politics thread but what are you guys gonna talk about? More weird accusations that reset staff being incestuous because of stray comments?
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #1736 on: November 10, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »
what is the "yes but no" response?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1737 on: November 10, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
You can legalize it but you see that means the society endorses slavery. And in before "What about Aussie", they have so many shit tier polices and dont get me started with their treatment of the Aboriginals.

As an Australian:

Our treatment of native Australians = bad
Regulated sex industry = good

Boredfrom

« Reply #1738 on: November 10, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »
what is the "yes but no" response?

Double think.

Novid

« Reply #1739 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:56 PM »
You can legalize it but you see that means the society endorses slavery. And in before "What about Aussie", they have so many shit tier polices and dont get me started with their treatment of the Aboriginals.

As an Australian:

Our treatment of native Australians = bad
Regulated sex industry = good
:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :comeon