Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174203 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7320 on: December 23, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
The admin, mod, resettlement advisor and prisoner roles should have been assigned randomly then.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7321 on: December 23, 2017, 06:01:06 PM »
Dave Chappelle to drop 2 Netflix-specials on Dec 31st
Fuck Chapelles insistent transphobia and his defenders’ rationalizing discrimination of one of the most vulnerable people in society.
Such fragile people. How do they even step outside?

etiolate

« Reply #7322 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »
Their social experiment needs to experience this video

daemon

« Reply #7323 on: December 23, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
Fuck Chapelles insistent transphobia and his defenders’ rationalizing discrimination of one of the most vulnerable people in society.

They can't even read a dictionary, apparently:

"A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent fear of an object or situation."

Jansen

« Reply #7324 on: December 23, 2017, 06:15:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2446897/

Quote from: Chaparral, post: 2446897, member: 100
That's the true irony on this, but then again, wave enough money in front of a man's face and he'll gladly fuck over his moral code.

And of course, I can't wait to pull receipts from this thread from the people supporting Dave's 'right' to make transphobic jokes when they post in a thread supporting transgender people.

what a loser

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7325 on: December 23, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
The admin, mod, resettlement advisor and prisoner roles should have been assigned randomly then.
It was
每天生气

paprikastaude

« Reply #7326 on: December 23, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »

They can't even read a dictionary, apparently:

"A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent fear of an object or situation."

You're talking about people that devalue the word fascism at every opportunity they get.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7327 on: December 23, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »
This issue of punching up vs punching down is distressing to me.

Nobody should be punching at all.  :pitbull
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #7328 on: December 23, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »
It was
You cannot convince me that twitter followers were not a strong independent variable for determining the first group.

benjipwns

« Reply #7329 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
If a Nazi is laying on the ground, or Nazi's are no longer the dominant force in society, is still punching them punching down? :thinking

« Reply #7330 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »
I liked when the facebook cofounder threw out that comment about social media, and RE was akwardly avoiding the accurate depiction of themselves and what they do (the social gratification). At least they could be honest about why they post so much and are so "involved", its all ego driven.

+1 to dopamine.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7331 on: December 23, 2017, 06:31:19 PM »

They weren't in the SPE were they?
rub

shosta

« Reply #7332 on: December 23, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »
well, the first group was almost completely determined by people who were all in the same discord channel and were friends. just like how the highest echelons of government are determined in real life.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #7333 on: December 23, 2017, 06:33:40 PM »
Their social experiment needs to experience this video

omg his first statement
^ GAY
Thank you for the compliment. As a proper modern progressive, I don't find it insulting to be identified with a marginalized and oppressed minority, I find it personally empowering to think of myself as playing a key role in their struggle.
i literally did not see this Norm video before now, i promise, I AM NOT NOT NORM WRATH

REALLY

HONEST

nudemacusers

« Reply #7334 on: December 23, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »
If a Nazi is laying on the ground, or Nazi's are no longer the dominant force in society, is still punching them punching down? :thinking
what if you’re in Australia tho :thinking
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #7335 on: December 23, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »
Also is this a good place to discuss the departure of phoebe philo from Celine or should I start a new thread?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #7336 on: December 23, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
Not a surprise there. Getting into the neogaf IRC chat got you special privilege and in line for moderation.

benjipwns

« Reply #7337 on: December 23, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

They weren't in the SPE were they?
You can assign any task to the SPE's, just some are better uses of it and others you have to fall back on the PPE because you can't wait for the SPE to complete it, a major problem in the Cell in comparison to Xenon's six threads because of the speed differences and RAM access points.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
a quick glance at wikipedia suggests they were after a background pre-screening to select the 24 people involved from the larger volunteer pool...iirc it was this pre-screening that led to the high numbers of white males that the experiment was later predominantly criticized for (a criticism that i think kinda misses the point of why it went/was wrong much like the "fascist cartoon" CNN article I posted in the outside links :lol)
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7338 on: December 23, 2017, 06:42:28 PM »

Lime can indeed not leave the house

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?s=7888f5b0bc52baed7feeaec55687f1b8&p=223996467#post223996467

benjipwns

« Reply #7339 on: December 23, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »
that's only when their current personality is based in the United States

Jansen

« Reply #7340 on: December 23, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2452544/

Quote from: Windrunner, post: 2452544, member: 2544
Dave Chappelle is of the same ilk as lazy bigoted old comedians like Jim Davidson and Roy Chubby Brown and anyone with an ounce of decency has written him off by now.

:noooo

Clockwork5

« Reply #7341 on: December 23, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?s=7888f5b0bc52baed7feeaec55687f1b8&p=223996467#post223996467

Oh Lime is broke and unemployed? Big surprise.

etiolate

« Reply #7342 on: December 23, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »
What comedians do they listen to then?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7343 on: December 23, 2017, 07:09:04 PM »

Lime?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7344 on: December 23, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »
are there pics of these people floating around?

Benji, you have any?

nudemacusers

« Reply #7345 on: December 23, 2017, 07:28:08 PM »
patton oswald is probably acceptable.

unfortunately he's not very funny, but you do what you can.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7346 on: December 23, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »
patton oswald is probably acceptable.

unfortunately he's not very funny, but you do what you can.

Oh no, no, no, no

Patton Oswalt uses SJW unironically, that makes him worse than hitler

Vertigo

« Reply #7347 on: December 23, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
The joke Chappelle told about the transwoman fainting at a party and his reaction to it was funny.

:yeshrug

Resetera OT is full of the most overly serious, sad sack and humourless individuals.

The only joy a majority of them seem to get nowadays is when someone famous is named as a rapist or creep. So they can trumpet that they "always knew."

It's not projecting their own creepy behaviour at all.

:jared
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:46:24 PM by Vertigo »

Vertigo

« Reply #7348 on: December 23, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »

We are unable to afford a car or calling cabs/Uber (also in case the driver is a white vigilante). The bus is too risky as well. We're in the mid-west.

Fuck you if you voted Trump.

Still the funniest thing Lime ever wrote.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7349 on: December 23, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
Perhaps it makes me a shitty person but the more Resetti whines the less i care about their issues.  :doge It's like a kid who won't shut up about something, you just stop giving a fuck if it's not your own.

Himu

« Reply #7350 on: December 23, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »
I don't get the LGBT identity thing. Like, okay. When you come out to yourself and you're now telling people "I'm gay" "I'm trans" whatever, it feels good. It feels good to be you. It feels good to get a weight off your shoulders and embrace this new year. But that shit doesn't last and after a certain amount of time most people soothe into it. It's not that "special" anymore. I mean, it is of course. But you're just living your life now and the trans or gay identity just becomes your new normal to the point where it doesn't feel like an "identity" anymore so to speak. Of course there are some people in areas where they have to keep hiding. But for the most part if you've come to that phase of the game people tend to cool down after a few years.

But not some of these people. The identity is so important to them rather than just being who they are. It's almost as if they had no identity before they came out to others as LGBT so now this is their new identity. Because they're that boring. Or maybe because they really care that much. I'm not sure. But my mindset is really different. When I posted at gaf as Cindi Mayweather not once did I say I was trans. I said I was a woman. Yet at the same time I'd speak up for any trans person if it was on topic. Being trans is whatever, but I started transition to be a woman, physically and socially. So this identity thing. These news kids, I don't get them. It's like I'm an old woman yelling at a cloud.

If you're a little fresh LGBT hatchling, cool. Yell who you are much as you want. But there comes a point when a baby becomes a child and then a teen and then an adult. And yet it feels a lot of them are still in baby phase despite being trans for years. Time to become an trans adult. Maybe a big flamingo. Or a flamboyant peacock. Me? I prefer being a shark. But it's time to put child's games away and grow up, hennies.

The joke Chappelle told about the transwoman fainting at a party and his reaction to it was funny.

:yeshrug

Resetera OT is full of the most overly serious, sad sack and humourless individuals.

The only joy a majority of them seem to get nowadays is when someone famous is named as a rapist or creep. So they can trumpet that they always knew.

It's not projecting their own creepy behaviour at all.

:jared

What about the joke that the niccas need to start getting in dresses to get respect?
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #7351 on: December 23, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1342719

It's disappointing that Team Ninja chose to center a white European man in Nioh

lime had some funny threads

benjipwns

« Reply #7352 on: December 23, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2452544/

Quote from: Windrunner, post: 2452544, member: 2544
Dave Chappelle is of the same ilk as lazy bigoted old comedians like Jim Davidson and Roy Chubby Brown and anyone with an ounce of decency has written him off by now.

:noooo
this comparison says more about the poster than it does about Chappelle (who is 44), Davidson (64) or Brown (72) probably
Brown's image is characterised by a clown-like stage costume consisting of a flying helmet and goggles, a multicoloured patchwork jacket and trousers, a white shirt, a red bow tie and moccasin slippers. A typical stand-up show starts with Brown dancing to the audience chanting, "You fat bastard!" Brown then approaches the microphone and says, "Fuck off!", "How did you know it was fucking me?!" or "Recognise me, then?" This heckling occasionally continues during his act.
several series of his own show The Jim Davidson Show (1979–1982) which ran for five complete series and won Davidson the TV Times award as "Funniest Man On Television".

Davidson appeared on an edition of the BBC1 series Seaside Special, shown on 20 August 1977, hosted by Tony Blackburn and David Hamilton. The Stage's reviewer, Martyn Wade, was not impressed: "comedian Jim Davidson had already won first prize for lack of taste with crude racist jokes tracing the adventures of a black man whose nickname was Chalky and whose other names included Toilet-Roll. "Day-light come and I gotta sign on" is a representative line from Mr Davidson's act."
Davidson's touring is developed from his original London comedy circuit show, for pub and club audiences. Aimed at a very different audience from that of his television work, it contains a lot more strong language, which he promotes as adult entertainment. This has also developed into his adult pantomime work, including productions with titles such as: Boobs in the Wood and SINderella.
In Davidson's first autobiography The Full Monty[31] (1993), he talked about his violent and abusive behaviour towards his third wife in a light-hearted manner: "We’re like a couple of boxers. On the first occasion, I poked her in the eye by accident. I actually went for the mouth. Thank heaven I missed, I’d have fallen in. I just took a playful punch. Unfortunately I caught her completely wrong. The second time I gave her a shiner. I threw a bunch of keys which whacked her in the eye. Just for a giggle she kept blackening it up to make it look worse."

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7353 on: December 23, 2017, 07:57:22 PM »
Perhaps it makes me a shitty person but the more Resetti whines the less i care about their issues.  :doge It's like a kid who won't shut up about something, you just stop giving a fuck if it's not your own.
Yeah they don't get that. They think everyone should automatically give a fuck about them. I have my own problems, people have their own issues to worry about.

Now we gotta hear how your sexual identity is causing you mental anguish because a comedian isn't validating you? Seriously? Go fuck yourself.

benjipwns

« Reply #7354 on: December 23, 2017, 07:59:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2452932/
This user is banned for this post (1 week): Transphobic statement.
Question is it wrong as a straight man, I only want to date or sleep with a woman that was born with a vagina. Or is that also wrong?
stay safe

benjipwns

« Reply #7355 on: December 23, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
Considering this thread, I'm pretty certain most people would rather prefer that LGBTQ, especially trans people, don't exist.
wow, this ResetEra place sounds alt-right

Leadbelly

« Reply #7356 on: December 23, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »

Needless to say, Lime is nuts, but fucking hell...

also in case the driver is a white vigilante

Haha what? What time period does Lime live in?

benjipwns

« Reply #7357 on: December 23, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »
To be fair, that post was made in the wake of Russian hackers stealing the election for Trump, empowering Gamergate leaders like James Rolfe and Richard Roeper to attack women.

shosta

每天生气

paprikastaude

« Reply #7359 on: December 23, 2017, 08:24:09 PM »
Jesus these people have literally convinced themselves that they live in interwar Germany.

Leadbelly

« Reply #7360 on: December 23, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
To be fair, that post was made in the wake of Russian hackers stealing the election for Trump, empowering Gamergate leaders like James Rolfe and Richard Roeper to attack women.

Haha I just looked at the OP. It talks about a surge in hate crimes.

This picture was posted:

This turned out to be fake. lol

shosta

« Reply #7361 on: December 23, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »
did someone say a SURGE in hate crimes
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7362 on: December 23, 2017, 08:41:32 PM »
did someone say a SURGE in hate crimes
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah. Hate crimes taste delicious.

Give me some of those fat, juicy, hate crimes!

benjipwns

« Reply #7363 on: December 23, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
Jesus these people have literally convinced themselves that they live in interwar Germany.
How is what Dave Chappelle promotes under the guise of "comedy" any different from Joseph Goebbels?

Jansen

« Reply #7364 on: December 23, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253826

Air conditioners for everyone, everywhere

it was at this point i was certain lime was a troll :heh

Makai

« Reply #7365 on: December 23, 2017, 08:53:47 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #7366 on: December 23, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »
NERD FIGHT!

etiolate

« Reply #7367 on: December 23, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
How is what Dave Chappelle promotes under the guise of "comedy" any different from Joseph Goebbels?

uh

Have you seen Dave?

On stage? The man on stage? What he looks like?

It's kind of obvious.

Goebbels cared to iron his own clothes.

paprikastaude

« Reply #7368 on: December 23, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »
Dave Chappelle is a skin head.

benjipwns

« Reply #7369 on: December 23, 2017, 09:04:24 PM »
uh

Have you seen Dave?

On stage? The man on stage? What he looks like?
What do I look like, the owner of NeoGAF.com?

Bravotyler

« Reply #7370 on: December 23, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
Everyone is a skinhead when they're born. That's why it's vital that we educate them with valuable leftist texts like Steven Universe and Star Wars, before their latent white supremacy turns the channel to fascist propaganda like Paw Patrol and Thomas the Tank Engine. Once they've reached that point, they're nothing but another Nazi lining up to be punched.

Leadbelly

« Reply #7371 on: December 23, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253826

Air conditioners for everyone, everywhere

it was at this point i was certain lime was a troll :heh

Air conditioners are where they hide the cameras.

Dave Chappelle is a skin head.

Isn't he also a blind KKK member?

Jansen

« Reply #7372 on: December 23, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2448768/

Member was warned for attacking other members

Quote from: meppi64, post: 2448768, member: 18191
Ah, so that's where bishoptl ended up!

such a softball but people cried anyways :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7373 on: December 23, 2017, 11:28:37 PM »
Is Bish even a member on RE  :crazy

Yes, sadly.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7374 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »
Here comes the trans brigade shitting all over the Dave Chappelle Christmas Special announcement.

These whackos have nothing better to do. https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-to-drop-2-netflix-specials-on-dec-31st.12395/page-3

50 posts per page

Ctrl+F trans

result 1 of 77

jesus
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #7375 on: December 24, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
Popular Demand
Here comes the trans brigade shitting all over the Dave Chappelle Christmas Special announcement.

These whackos have nothing better to do. https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-to-drop-2-netflix-specials-on-dec-31st.12395/page-3

50 posts per page

Ctrl+F trans

result 1 of 77

jesus

Popular Demand prolly got reported out the ass an hour ago

agrajag

« Reply #7376 on: December 24, 2017, 12:36:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2448768/

Member was warned for attacking other members

Quote from: meppi64, post: 2448768, member: 18191
Ah, so that's where bishoptl ended up!

such a softball but people cried anyways :lol

They're such a bunch of boring, uptight "no fun allowed" ninnies

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7377 on: December 24, 2017, 12:52:07 AM »
It's nice to see you laughing at the pain, death, and marginalization of a group, but then again, this is just par for the course for this topic. Because fuck the opinions and feelings of trans people, right? As long as I get my yuks.

I want to see this persons face when Chappelle rips an audience up with laughter from a trans joke.

Don't patronize me or anyone else fighting this, please.

Let me make myself as clear as I possibly can. Absolutely none of us expect anyone to instantly support us. This world hates people of non-conforming gender. And we are all too well aware of it. We might as well not exist.

But if I can be completely honest with you, I think you're completely wrong. You should never stop fighting for respect and dignity and for people to treat you like an equal. The simple fact of the matter is that there are institutions and government and society that dictate our abilities to lead happy lives. For some reason a lot of people have decided that things like black and white children going to the same school, Women being able to vote, and gay people being able to marry what all issues worth fighting for to the death. But you're really going to sit at your computer and type away at me that being treated with dignity and humanity and respect and having my identity recognized it's just a step too fucking far and I should just get the fuck over it? I refuse.

You can call me a baby. You can call me too sensitive. You can call me an Social Studies Warrior for all I care. But for as long as I live I will never stop fighting this bullshit ever. No matter how tired I get of people like you Who are perfectly fine laying down and getting fucked in the ass by this world and taking it and people like everyone in this thread who wants to pretend like this isnt a problem.

I will NEVER stop.
there's no way Cream is not a troll.

:dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:56:45 AM by Assimilate »

benjipwns

« Reply #7378 on: December 24, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »
I'm just so tired...
I'm so tired of feeling like I have to validate my existence.
I'm so tired of people dehumanizing us....of demonizing us.
All the mockery...the hatred...the violence...

The apathy is absolutely soul-wrenching.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7379 on: December 24, 2017, 01:09:02 AM »
I'm just so tired...
I'm so tired of feeling like I have to validate my existence.
I'm so tired of people dehumanizing us....of demonizing us.
All the mockery...the hatred...the violence...

The apathy is absolutely soul-wrenching.

That's a lovely haiku.

What's with people who post like that?  I assume they are all Excelsiorif alts.
sigh