Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146449 times)

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6900 on: December 18, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2270398/

(Image removed from quote.)

fucking nintendumbs never miss an opportunity to make themselves look like idiots :neogaf

there is something called a bag, jesus fucking christ.  :snoop
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:19:36 PM by Purple Filth »

Corporal

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6901 on: December 18, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »
I'm a self-professed Ninthing, and that looks really uncomfortable and would make me feel crazy insecure about bumping into things or crushing the console when sitting down or getting dust in the fan or murdering the battery and/or controllers due to constant control inputs. So many things that could go wrong... :-\
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6902 on: December 18, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »

ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #6904 on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
People seriously talking about "avoiding victim blaming" in those lootbox threads warm the capitalist side of my charred and blackened heart.

Can't wait for NeoReagan-X to tell anecdotes about queens spending their welfare checks on lootboxes. :american

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6905 on: December 18, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »
Disney's hall of presidents to reopen with Trump

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2275751/

:delicious
ὕβρις

Dennis

« Reply #6906 on: December 18, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »

Word could get it.

Jansen

« Reply #6907 on: December 18, 2017, 11:20:59 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6908 on: December 18, 2017, 11:46:23 PM »
I love that Excel's glasses even have the lower right drop down. :expert
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6909 on: December 18, 2017, 11:47:24 PM »

Is that a leash, so that his mother can keep track of his whereabouts?
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6910 on: December 18, 2017, 11:49:00 PM »

Word could get it.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6912 on: December 19, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »
Get the pitchforks! cheeseburger shark! cheeseburger shark!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jonathan-blow-the-witness-braid-thinks-women-are-biologically-less-interested-in-tech-than-men.11742

Eh, i dunno. Obviously Reera is going the "only sociological reasons for this" route no matter what anyone says but Blows comment is stupid as fuck cause hes just making a shot into the dark.

I don't see anything wrong with making a shot in the dark, as long as you're not claiming to know something definitively.  Which he isn't.  In fact he went out of his way to double and triple down on what he wasn't saying, to put it as mildly as possible.  He mostly said it's not controversial to believe there's a biological component to differences like this between sexes.  That doesn't even mean it's widely accepted as true, it just means most people aren't gonna fight you over it, because they likely don't know the answer any more than you do.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there's some deep-seated biological component.  Even if it turns out to be nearly a non-factor.  I wouldn't say it exists without proof, but it'd be confirmation of what a lot of people suspect, and seems indicated by a number of observable trends and such.  Obviously sociological programming would have a pretty strong effect on top of that.
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6913 on: December 19, 2017, 12:34:42 AM »
even while I was a moderator, I always found the red warning text and the big red banners really kafkaesque, especially knowing who was on the other side of them (schlubs like me). the whole point of forum moderation is to be largely invisible, keep conversation running smoothly, and make sure threads were readable. the warning system and mod interventions, as they exist now, do exactly the opposite and just become a distraction. i was trying to post in that jon blow thread and then my post didn't go through because... a mod had locked the thread 'temporarily' to make a mod post? which amounted to nothing except to reaffirm what kind of opinions were off-topic or bannable? like why was that necessary?

The sheer number of Morrigan's posts should be enough to rethink her modship.  Either be a mod or be a poster. 
sigh

jorma

« Reply #6914 on: December 19, 2017, 02:24:58 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jonathan-blow-the-witness-braid-thinks-women-are-biologically-less-interested-in-tech-than-men.11742

Eh, i dunno. Obviously Reera is going the "only sociological reasons for this" route no matter what anyone says but Blows comment is stupid as fuck cause hes just making a shot into the dark.

I don't see anything wrong with making a shot in the dark, as long as you're not claiming to know something definitively.  Which he isn't.  In fact he went out of his way to double and triple down on what he wasn't saying, to put it as mildly as possible.  He mostly said it's not controversial to believe there's a biological component to differences like this between sexes.  That doesn't even mean it's widely accepted as true, it just means most people aren't gonna fight you over it, because they likely don't know the answer any more than you do.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there's some deep-seated biological component.  Even if iThis show is obligatory watching if you want to "educate yourself" on the issue.t turns out to be nearly a non-factor.  I wouldn't say it exists without proof, but it'd be confirmation of what a lot of people suspect, and seems indicated by a number of observable trends and such.  Obviously sociological programming would have a pretty strong effect on top of that.

Obligatory watching:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp0tg8

It's a norwegian documentary about the whole thing and the only ones making definitive claims are the sociologists and gender studies warriors when they deny biology.
The actual scientists say "social factors are important, but biology absolutely matters".

tuna_love

« Reply #6915 on: December 19, 2017, 02:33:07 AM »
dont forget to hit the gym

benjipwns

« Reply #6916 on: December 19, 2017, 02:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Just_a_Mouse

Sorry to hear that. I was homeless for a time after my parents kicked me out (needless to say we are longer on speaking terms).

Try calling city hall or any other civil phone number for your city, some places will put you up in a hotel if the shelters are full/not safe.

Depending on where you are, make sure you dress in layers (it can get COLD at night this time of year). Newspapers can add some extra insulation in a pinch. If you have to sleep outside, make sure it's not directly on the ground. Put something down first. Finding a sleeping bag should also be a priority. Also, it is safer to sleep in an open area around people.

Avoid conflict at all times. Many shelters already have turf picked out by regulars. Be as respectful as possible, you do not want to get into a fight.

Carry some water bottles, you can refill these pretty much anywhere.

It's possible to find good food being thrown away outside resaurants/grocery stores, but be careful as you may not be the only one that has scoped out that spot. Find out where all the food banks are.

If you can afford a cheap gym membership, get one. You will need to shower. Some bigger gas stations also offer showers for a small fee.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/174003/
 I'm not the only one weirded out about the nonchalant nature of this post, right? :doge

Himu

« Reply #6917 on: December 19, 2017, 02:48:34 AM »
that avatar is so sexual omg
IYKYK

jorma

« Reply #6918 on: December 19, 2017, 02:48:59 AM »
Quote from: Just_a_Mouse

Sorry to hear that. I was homeless for a time after my parents kicked me out (needless to say we are longer on speaking terms).

Try calling city hall or any other civil phone number for your city, some places will put you up in a hotel if the shelters are full/not safe.

Depending on where you are, make sure you dress in layers (it can get COLD at night this time of year). Newspapers can add some extra insulation in a pinch. If you have to sleep outside, make sure it's not directly on the ground. Put something down first. Finding a sleeping bag should also be a priority. Also, it is safer to sleep in an open area around people.

Avoid conflict at all times. Many shelters already have turf picked out by regulars. Be as respectful as possible, you do not want to get into a fight.

Carry some water bottles, you can refill these pretty much anywhere.

It's possible to find good food being thrown away outside resaurants/grocery stores, but be careful as you may not be the only one that has scoped out that spot. Find out where all the food banks are.

If you can afford a cheap gym membership, get one. You will need to shower. Some bigger gas stations also offer showers for a small fee.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/174003/
 I'm not the only one weirded out about the nonchalant nature of this post, right? :doge

I'm not really surprised that someone who used to be homeless can sound nonchalant when describing his reality from back then. I'm super weirded out that this someone was rinsfury, i have no idea how he managed to survive being homeless and turn into this super fragile poster on gaf/resetera.

benjipwns

« Reply #6919 on: December 19, 2017, 02:59:22 AM »
I was homeless for a few years recently until May. There's always a gaggle of different places to get food, showers, and free toiletries if you are in a big ish city.
It'd be great if this guy had like 30,000 GAF/ERA posts over the last few years.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #6920 on: December 19, 2017, 07:39:37 AM »
There was a "homeless" person in the Seattle thread;  they moved there of course with no job prospects.. would be asking about what movie to see or what club to go to or where to buy this or that and then the next day talk about how they were trying to find a place to sleep.

Really annoyed me.

Sounds like Jpop.  They did that in multiple cities, basically ignored any advice, and would then move on to the next city after they found out they would actually have to work to support themselves.  He was one of the first people I put on ignore after he sperged out on me because I pointed out how his time would be better spent trying to find a job than posting 10 threads about the Switch.

That Rinsfury post is copy pasted from something he posted on GAF.  Like most of his posts it's bullshit.  Someone that cries over bad words on the internet would not survive a night on the streets.  Gyms don't let homeless people use the shower and cities don't put them up in hotels.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6921 on: December 19, 2017, 07:46:07 AM »
Mod Edit: Please stop reporting this post. We have received multiple reports on it and have reviewed it. Thank you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%C2%B4s-just-cosmetic-the-jimquisition.11677/

Sounds like the mods are a bit fed up with all this there moderating they have to do.

Also, Excel Saga, huh. Cat with newspaper moment. XBC2 has made me susceptible to nostalgic :uguu

A community of snitches  :holeup (and apparently an active Jim Sterling protection force :holeup )

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #6922 on: December 19, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
Either be a mod or be a poster.
From a purely logistical standpoint, I can understand putting the most invested posters into those positions. They're always around anyway, might as well let them clean the toilets.   

The problem is it makes the tone increasingly insular and the new admins basically doubled down on some of GAF off-topic's worst aspects. The cliques have become even more cliquey. That new mod list from a few weeks ago was a doozy, I didn't think it was real at first.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6923 on: December 19, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-gives-pubg-on-xbox-one-5-10-as-tentative-review-in-progress-score.11762/

That's honestly really brutal

How is 5/10 "brutal" and not generous :lol

The actual score should have been stayawayfromthisgoddamnmessuntiltheystoptakingthepissandfixit / 10.

jorma

« Reply #6924 on: December 19, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
There was a "homeless" person in the Seattle thread;  they moved there of course with no job prospects.. would be asking about what movie to see or what club to go to or where to buy this or that and then the next day talk about how they were trying to find a place to sleep.

Really annoyed me.

Sounds like Jpop.  They did that in multiple cities, basically ignored any advice, and would then move on to the next city after they found out they would actually have to work to support themselves.  He was one of the first people I put on ignore after he sperged out on me because I pointed out how his time would be better spent trying to find a job than posting 10 threads about the Switch.

That Rinsfury post is copy pasted from something he posted on GAF.  Like most of his posts it's bullshit.  Someone that cries over bad words on the internet would not survive a night on the streets.  Gyms don't let homeless people use the shower and cities don't put them up in hotels.

I mean i agree with the part where rins is too fragile to survive a night on the streets, but i assume you would sign up for a gym with a fake adress and not actually tell anyone you're homeless and only want the showers. And the part where the city puts up people in dosshouses in the winter is very real where i live, and HAS to be real in the northern parts of the US - or people would just die like flies during the cold months.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #6925 on: December 19, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
I live in Minneapolis and there is no program to put homeless people in hotels. There are emergency programs to get people into short term housing but that is more for battered women, not spergs who feel violated that their parents voted for Trump.

Also the gyms around the downtown area (and other areas of the city) require a valid credit/debit card and even if you have one, if you're coming into a gym looking like you slept outdoors and carrying a bunch of bags, you'll be kicked out.  I know a couple of people that used gyms to shit and shower, but it only works short term if at all.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #6926 on: December 19, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
The user was warned for this post. Don't baselessly imply a fellow user is concern trolling regarding racism just to spite Apple.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2281046/

:lol :lol :lol

That's fucking exactly what is happening. This thread is hilarious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-shocked-to-discover-her-co-workers-face-can-unlock-her-iphone.11618/
Fish<

Pills Here

« Reply #6927 on: December 19, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
The worst thing about the GAF implosion is that a lot of them seem have also made r/games their home. Nothing but Sony cock sucking in recent months :(

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6928 on: December 19, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »

I'm just annoyed by how these kind of threads go. There's barely any discussion there, just people trying to one up each other about how much they hate Blow now. Barely anyone makes an effort to look up what kind of follow ups Blow had to this tweet or tries to take a look at the kind of studies that might have informed Blows opinion. It's all just black and white.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:21:53 PM by HaughtyFrank »

tummyfat

« Reply #6929 on: December 19, 2017, 01:37:30 PM »
Hahaha, they removed the NEOGAF flag from Rocket League

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6930 on: December 19, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
Sweet Nicole is going to have a meltdown soon, with all those now following her PRECIOUS RULES OF FORMATTING in the GOTY list thread.

etiolate

« Reply #6931 on: December 19, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »
Did Jon Blow finally see the light? He blocked me for telling him repeated studies found no link between video games and violence.

Now he's referencing biological studies and upsetting Reset?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6932 on: December 19, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »
Sweet Nicole is going to have a meltdown soon, with all those now following her PRECIOUS RULES OF FORMATTING in the GOTY list thread.

You must have at least one comment on your ballot or it may not be counted. The comment must be more substantial than "best game ever LOL" etc. Posting without comments may subject you to a ban. Do NOT post a ballot without any comments.

:holeup

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6933 on: December 19, 2017, 02:36:17 PM »

You must have at least one comment on your ballot or it may not be counted. The comment must be more substantial than "best game ever LOL" etc. Posting without comments may subject you to a ban. Do NOT post a ballot without any comments.

:holeup

Lol, they're making a physical trophy to send to the winner. Talk about taking shit way too seriously.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6934 on: December 19, 2017, 03:07:20 PM »
Hahaha, they removed the NEOGAF flag from Rocket League
:salute

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lore
[close]
ど助平

jorma

« Reply #6935 on: December 19, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
I live in Minneapolis and there is no program to put homeless people in hotels. There are emergency programs to get people into short term housing but that is more for battered women, not spergs who feel violated that their parents voted for Trump.

Also the gyms around the downtown area (and other areas of the city) require a valid credit/debit card and even if you have one, if you're coming into a gym looking like you slept outdoors and carrying a bunch of bags, you'll be kicked out.  I know a couple of people that used gyms to shit and shower, but it only works short term if at all.
here you go:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/08/13/60000-homeless-staying-nyc-hotels-right-know-theyre-next-room/

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6936 on: December 19, 2017, 03:29:57 PM »
Sweet Nicole needs to relax.

User was permanently banned for telling women to relax.
每天生气

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6937 on: December 19, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »
I get that it's for the web scraper but it's still hilarious.
每天生气

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #6938 on: December 19, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »
Whats with all these porn heaux dying?
reckt

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6939 on: December 19, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »
The user was warned for this post. Don't baselessly imply a fellow user is concern trolling regarding racism just to spite Apple.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2281046/

:lol :lol :lol

That's fucking exactly what is happening. This thread is hilarious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-shocked-to-discover-her-co-workers-face-can-unlock-her-iphone.11618/

Didn't take long. Literally 3 months.

:smug @ Andy-kun

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6940 on: December 19, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
I like how Reset has a vault for especially awesome/noteworthy moments, and it contains

- 2 threads about the forum beginning

- a tryhard thread created specifically to be funny

...has Reset even had a single spontaneous moment of hilarity?  Some dude bringing receipts against a guy who's fronting?  Someone complaining about IRL matters and the person they were complaining about shows up in the thread?  A self-own hi-larious $30 italian meal?
Uncle

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #6941 on: December 19, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
yurizan beltran
reckt

« Reply #6942 on: December 19, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »
yurizan beltran

Preeeetty fucked up to see her twitter account automatically tweeting out about people buying her porn after she died, that's some real black mirror shit

etiolate

« Reply #6943 on: December 19, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lindsay-shepherd-controversy-students-never-complained-about-ta-laurier-finds.11799/#post-2295080

I am going to completely make up what happened.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lindsay-shepherd-controversy-students-never-complained-about-ta-laurier-finds.11799/#post-2295110

Thank you. I believe your made up story.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lindsay-shepherd-controversy-students-never-complained-about-ta-laurier-finds.11799/#post-2295500

THIS iS NOW WHAT WE BELIEVE. THERE WERE COMPLAINTS DESPITE THE INVESTIGATION SAYING THERE WERE NO COMPLAINTS.

Fucking amazing. Took less than ten replies to create a false narrative and have people believe it.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6944 on: December 19, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »
jordan peterson is the man, he should go on jimmy kiimmel.

User banned (48h): Repeated drive-by/trolling posts despite past warnings

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2312228/

Total ban worthy

Everything is up to debate.

User has been banned for this post (3 days, full length pending) - Transphobic Remarks

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2313450/

Just say, you quoted ecxel and disagreed.
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #6945 on: December 19, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »
That thread has Capt'n Antifa in it, too. It's got everything. Maybe one of the strongest cases for excelsior being a joke character.

Jansen

« Reply #6946 on: December 19, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »
what's up with the full length pending shit? is it in case another mod sees it and they get more offended and decide to lengthen the ban :lol

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6947 on: December 19, 2017, 06:52:10 PM »
yurizan beltran

What?  I just blasted it to her an hour ago.

Stay safe bore.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6948 on: December 19, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »
That thread has Capt'n Antifa in it, too. It's got everything. Maybe one of the strongest cases for excelsior being a joke character.

Yeah.  Now that Excel dropped the veil it's pretty strange seeing mods still giving her protection
sigh

jorma

« Reply #6949 on: December 19, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know her by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against her."

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6950 on: December 19, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2317713/
For me to repeatedly tell you and anyone that my womanhood is not up for debate, and to criticize and protest those who seek to fight to deny me my womanhood, or any who seek to aid in giving those who seek to deny me my womanhood a platform or credibility.

:badass

yo, no one question excel's womanhood.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #6951 on: December 19, 2017, 07:01:34 PM »
For me to repeatedly tell you and anyone that my womanhood is not up for debate, and to criticize and protest those who seek to fight to deny me my womanhood, or any who seek to aid in giving those who seek to deny me my womanhood a platform or credibility.

:badass

yo, no one question excel's womanhood.

Like, how can she act so serious about that and then use the rest of the thread to play around as an idiot pretending to be an academic?  It's unseemly.  Either be genuine or a joke.  At least in the same thread. 

It just makes it so easy to dismiss her "womenhood" appeal when 4 posts up she's just being a asshat trying to stir up shit.
sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6952 on: December 19, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
I don't get why Excel is given a pass to derail a thread that isn't even about her womanhood. She keeps making it about her, when it's about a woman showing a video debate about being compelled by law to use gender neutral pronouns.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6953 on: December 19, 2017, 07:05:45 PM »
Excel being a nutcase also seem quite indisputable.

If i were trans and had such champions... Well, good luck with that.

benjipwns

« Reply #6954 on: December 19, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
A lot of people think being gay ought to be illegal should we give one of them a platform and credibility just because they represent a lot of people?
:trumps

Tasty

« Reply #6956 on: December 19, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »
:smug @ Andy-kun

Apple failing is still good for me, though :rollsafe

Ah fuck I had resisted posting in here until now. Ah well.

Jansen

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6959 on: December 19, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
Wait a half hour later he shamed someone for something they enjoy
Uncle