Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174379 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7140 on: December 21, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
Here's what fits under that umbrella.

"Transgender."

There you go, exhaustive list.

IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7141 on: December 21, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
Cindi, what are the transgender community’s feelings toward Neil Young’s 1982 album Trans, and how do they differ from your feelings (and those of other truscum)?
serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7142 on: December 21, 2017, 02:40:38 PM »
You'd think the word trans would imply transition, but I guess that's not part of the umbrella anymore.

(Image removed from quote.)

Feminine women is above the umbrella. I'm a feminine woman. :fbm :stahp

Masculine women are considered trans unwillingly. :lol Does this include even women who aren't even gay? What about butch/stud lesbians? They're trans now too?!

My favorite part of the umbrella is including cross dressers because as I said before, there's a certain kind of cross dresser who calls and identifies themselves as "traps". But the Social Studies Warriors who believe in the umbrella consider trap a slur. But they are forcing people who consider themselves traps unironically into their own circle. :lol It writes itself.

Doesn’t “third gender” imply there are only 2 to begin with?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7143 on: December 21, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
What if the Transformers were genderfluid?

*Heap of junk flies across the screen*

Is it a robot? Is it a car? Nooooo! It's uh... stuck somewhere in between... I guess?

Himu

« Reply #7144 on: December 21, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »
Here's what fits under that umbrella.

"Transgender."

There you go, exhaustive list.

Oh.  I thought I typed something else.  Brain fart. 

Well, not really.  That image is trying to draw some kind of weird distinction between "transgender" and "transsexual."  Like, the folks who don't like their genitalia and want something down about it are somehow just one big happy family with everything else on that picture, some of the items which are weird and nonsensical tumblr garbage.

I assume from everything you've said that you find that giant umbrella bothersome and I was agreeing with you.

I know. I was joking. I just can't even stand the word transgender anymore.

You'd think the word trans would imply transition, but I guess that's not part of the umbrella anymore.

Masculine women are considered trans unwillingly. :lol Does this include even women who aren't even gay? What about butch/stud lesbians? They're trans now too?!

My favorite part of the umbrella is including cross dressers because as I said before, there's a certain kind of cross dresser who calls and identifies themselves as "traps". But the Social Studies Warriors who believe in the umbrella consider trap a slur. But they are forcing people who consider themselves traps unironically into their own circle. :lol It writes itself.

Doesn’t “third gender” imply there are only 2 to begin with?

Yes.  :delicious

Cindi, what are the transgender community’s feelings toward Neil Young’s 1982 album Trans, and how do they differ from your feelings (and those of other truscum)?

Fuck if I know.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #7145 on: December 21, 2017, 02:55:59 PM »
Tumblerinas can fuck right off. Just cause someone someone wears makeup over their 5 o'clock shadow I ain't calling them a woman. See y'all at the correctional camp for bigots.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7146 on: December 21, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
I rolled my eyes when I saw that thread. It's like asking if driving drunk is okay. Can't believe so many took the bait.

What a weird comparison.

Eh, similar to me if no testing with a monogamous partner is involved. "The chances that I'll get pulled over is so small"

:lol Good lord. Scare yourself into bad sex, brehs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7147 on: December 21, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/please-dont-use-the-term-ginger-for-people-with-red-hair.12144/

Mods help!

I don't understand why the OP would believe that posting this on Era would somehow affect whether his son will be bullied or not.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7148 on: December 21, 2017, 04:01:06 PM »
Also realized I just got blocked too despite never having any interaction with him lol. Must be using a blockbot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7149 on: December 21, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »
I rolled my eyes when I saw that thread. It's like asking if driving drunk is okay. Can't believe so many took the bait.

What a weird comparison.

Eh, similar to me if no testing with a monogamous partner is involved. "The chances that I'll get pulled over is so small"

I mean if you have to ask on RE is unprotected sex is an issue you probably didn't make your due diligence to make sure you could have unprotected sex as safely as possible.
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7150 on: December 21, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
I am not blocked.

For the cookie monster loves me.  :heart

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7151 on: December 21, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »
Also realized I just got blocked too despite never having any interaction with him lol. Must be using a blockbot
Do you follow anyone else from here? When I replied to Messofanego replying to our hero on twitter (while specifically removing our hero from the reply chain), our hero blocked me like ten minutes later and then went through a bunch of Bore accounts of people in the thread about our hero blocking people. GR got blocked then for example.

Obviously was easier for him to block people using the same username like I do.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #7153 on: December 21, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/please-dont-use-the-term-ginger-for-people-with-red-hair.12144/

Mods help!

I don't understand why the OP would believe that posting this on Era would somehow affect whether his son will be bullied or not.

That's Hollywood Dou's shtick. For a guy who's married and has a kid, you'd think he'd have better thing to do then spend his life on gaf/era.

I am not blocked.

For the cookie monster loves me.  :heart

Now he's protected his tweets so everyone has been blocked. Do people in this thread understand the consequences of doxxing now?

benjipwns

« Reply #7154 on: December 21, 2017, 04:49:19 PM »
Yeah, they should just tone down Soul Calibur 6 and go back to Soul Edge levels.  You know, the game with nudity in the intro that had to be censored for 'Murica, DOA1 style bouncing breasts,visible nipples, and panty color change codes. 

The simpler times.

Taki was my favorite character in Soul Edge/Blade, and her one win pose in Blade always made me uncomfortable due to the DOA bounce she had added.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because with the PS1's whole texture warping thing it would sometimes freak the fuck out due to all the moving edge polys involved. :lol

Also, I like how he compares her from behind to her from the front, like what. I think she has a low cut alternate already in Blade.
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7155 on: December 21, 2017, 04:55:06 PM »
What did you guys do to Bobby, he’s gone on a Twitter blocking spree!

HarrisonFordWhoGivesAShit.gif

Let him think his cult of personality is stalking in peace. :doge

agrajag

« Reply #7156 on: December 21, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »
  Why did Japan vote for this?
Why? They should have abstained from this vote.

Goddamnit Japan. You don't need to draw Trump's anger right now. Kind of worried about the potential fallout/ramifications of this.

This isn't going to end well.   

:gddr5

benjipwns

« Reply #7157 on: December 21, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2171586/

Jokes are used to weaponize and normalize destructive mindsets. You’re not doing anything particularly helpful nor are you genuinely deconstructing any damaging notion by posting something like that.

God this person must be a real bundle of fun to be around.

The poster's follow up to this is something else. lol
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2172922/

I never asserted this claim that all jokes are used to weaponize destructive mindsets. The purpose of my response was to elucidate that the initial poster’s joke is used by alt-right spaces to weaponize destructive anti-academic mentalities. Brushing off science as a “nerd” space removes the seriousness of the research and care that studies intend to share with their findings. This is a commonly held belief in anti-academic areas in the United States. Anecdotally, academic spaces are typically derided as overtly verbose, pedantic, and inconsequential to everyday life.

Further, I find it doubly ironic how self-deprecating humor like that is used within this very forum, where gamers are often derided as sexless nerds. In addition to this, humor that does not intend to deconstruct and criticize actual destructive behavior is lacking, in my opinion. For me, the purpose of comedic expression is to do just that, and anything less that does not attempt to do this has the ability to be weaponized, misinterpeted, and then appropriated by spaces that are not particularly self-aware of their bigoted views. An example of this is South Park, where the jokes initially began as pointed criticisms to conservative spaces, but has since attracted a large alt-right, memetic following because of Cartman, who is a caricature of a vulgar, bigoted child.

Okay so 'incogneato' can go on my list of nutters.
Where do people get this idea about South Park? "Starvin Marvin" is in the first season and its fire directed at American consumerism hardly compares to their shots fired at at progressive do-gooderism that's primarily for show or as we now call it "virtue signaling", "Gnomes" is the most straightforward pro-capitalist (even defending major corporations versus their later more cynical libertarianism as seen in the Wal-Mart episode) episode they've ever done and it's in the second season. Social studies warriors have been South Park targets from the start, only it wasn't until PC Principal that the terminology was around to be used for what they were targeting. "The Death Camp of Tolerance" is in season six, "Butt Out" in season seven. "Sexual Harassment Panda" is from season three!

(Interestingly, Wikipedia lists both "Starvin Marvin" and "Gnomes" as the lone Pam Brady co-written ones, with her getting first credit on the latter...maybe I should watch Lady Dynamite. :thinking)

etiolate

« Reply #7158 on: December 21, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »

My question is why is the umbrella protecting a movie audience?

Though I guess I should be asking Josephine Tittsworth.

benjipwns

« Reply #7159 on: December 21, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »
I think Trey and Matt even say on the one DVD back when they were doing the commentaries by watching the show in order, after a bunch of episodes in a row where the show does it, that early on it wasn't necessarily political in intention as much as they targeted people they saw as hypocrites. And that it's really annoying in retrospect to get lectured by multiple episodes in a row. :lol

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7160 on: December 21, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »

Haha, me too. 
MMA

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7161 on: December 21, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »
Do you follow anyone else from here? When I replied to Messofanego replying to our hero on twitter (while specifically removing our hero from the reply chain), our hero blocked me like ten minutes later and then went through a bunch of Bore accounts of people in the thread about our hero blocking people. GR got blocked then for example.

Obviously was easier for him to block people using the same username like I do.

I do, though I can't think of anyone I'd follow who would be 'problematic' - I think it's just PD, Wrath, and toku

I aint skeerd.  Years of risky fun w/ no consequences here; I do what I want with my dick (with my wife's permission.)

Oh I was referring to the quy who quoted you. Comparing not using condoms to drunk driving because STDs exist is a shockingly dumb and sheltered analogy

benjipwns

« Reply #7162 on: December 21, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »
He was just blocking anyone associated with The Bore.

altright

« Reply #7163 on: December 21, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-john-schnatter-steps-down-as-ceo-of-papa-johns.12195/#post-2392116

Little Caesar's is better than Papa John's

Prime example of virtue signalling. I rarely eat Papa John's, but this is over the top.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7164 on: December 21, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »
I bet you saw this from your secret perch outside his house where you spend all day doxxing him. You filthy doxxer.:gddr5
que

etiolate

« Reply #7165 on: December 21, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
I'm sad you all didn't get to see his last tweet.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7166 on: December 21, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
I'm not

benjipwns

« Reply #7167 on: December 21, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
I bet you saw this from your secret perch outside his house where you spend all day doxxing him. You filthy doxxer.:gddr5
It's actually about ethics in independent journalism.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7168 on: December 21, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
Ok, who is this cookie monster fellow I keep hearing about?
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7169 on: December 21, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »

He who shall not be named.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7170 on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:24 PM »
The only thing that exceeds his secrecy is the size of his ego and lack of self-awareness.
que

Raist

« Reply #7171 on: December 21, 2017, 06:56:08 PM »
 :shh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7172 on: December 21, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
Wth why did you guys start calling him cookie monster instead of Hobby Lobberts
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #7173 on: December 21, 2017, 06:59:57 PM »

daemon

« Reply #7174 on: December 21, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »

I guess I just doxxed someone

benjipwns

« Reply #7175 on: December 21, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »
Wth why did you guys start calling him cookie monster
there was an event

people were brought into talk with their bosses at work

besada involved himself

i just couldn't stop doxxing people, the rush was too much...like i get from defending donald trump and russia

agrajag

« Reply #7176 on: December 21, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
I'm not even on Twitter and he blocked me

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7177 on: December 21, 2017, 07:21:39 PM »

Jokes on him, CTRL+SHIFT+N will just let you see his tweets again. Better say locked down forever. :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

Risible

« Reply #7178 on: December 21, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2370403/

:snoop

It's like the "I just bought my first vinyl!" thread.  There's no way on God's green earth it's not a troll.  Calls it a vinyl rather than a record. Check.  Calls the plural "vinyls".  Check.  Doesn't actually own a record player.  Check.  Opens up the whole audiophile debate.  Check.  That dude is fishing with some mighty strong bait.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-bought-my-first-vinyl.12164/

Jansen

« Reply #7179 on: December 21, 2017, 09:01:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2397010/

Quote from: Keyframe, post: 2397010, member: 25514
I wish I could legally hunt hunters.

:doge

etiolate

« Reply #7180 on: December 21, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
For my 40th birthday I think I'm going to give myself the gift of giving the fuck up.

Just putting this up for old Teddy Danson before I forget it.

PS: I have several vinyls. (Including star wars disco.) I'll take my shame in the corner.

Himu

« Reply #7181 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:42 PM »
:quark
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7182 on: December 21, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
Yeah, I just saw that one. Dumber than the question is their explanation for why it gets chided: it dehumanizes women.

No, it gets poked fun at when its used in random banter, being overly sterile for no reason.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #7183 on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:02 PM »
Pours out some sodie pops.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #7184 on: December 21, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »
I think Trey and Matt even say on the one DVD back when they were doing the commentaries by watching the show in order, after a bunch of episodes in a row where the show does it, that early on it wasn't necessarily political in intention as much as they targeted people they saw as hypocrites. And that it's really annoying in retrospect to get lectured by multiple episodes in a row. :lol
Memba when they were making bacon with Macon? They had a pig and made it eat bacon casserole. Good times.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7185 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Jokes on him, CTRL+SHIFT+N will just let you see his tweets again. Better say locked down forever. :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge
I don't feel like being blocked is causing me to miss very much of importance

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7186 on: December 21, 2017, 10:48:16 PM »
Papa John Schnatter steps down as CEO of Papa John's
https://www.resetera.com/threads/papa-john-schnatter-steps-down-as-ceo-of-papa-johns.12195/page-4

itt people pretend they genuinely have more than an ounce of feelings that the CEO of a national pizza chain is stepping down.

Also, please remember to act like Papa Johns pizza is the worst pizza chain in existence, bonus e-points for acting more disgusted than the person posting above you. :doge

:drudge fascist pizza :drudge
ὕβρις

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7187 on: December 21, 2017, 11:02:59 PM »
How low is the fascism bar right now?
The founder has previously spoken out against Obamacare and donated $1,000 to Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
Ok confirmed for asshole, but many CEOs are also in the dislike Obamacare, donated a few shekels to Republican candidates boat.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:25:02 PM by Let's Cyber »

benjipwns

« Reply #7188 on: December 21, 2017, 11:11:41 PM »
Can they even look at a Whole Foods? Or is that now Bezos protected?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7189 on: December 21, 2017, 11:13:47 PM »
How low is the fascism bar right now?
The founder has previously spoken out against Obamacare and donated $1,000 to Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
Ok confirmed for asshole, but many CEOs are also in the dislike Obamacare, dotated a few shekels to Republican candidates boat.

These are the kind of people who would disown their parents if they even considered voting Republican.

benjipwns

« Reply #7190 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:09 PM »
Would they disown their hypothetical children if they voted for Trump in an mock election for class?

Would that one guy murder his hypothetical children?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7191 on: December 21, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
Didnt one teacher go bananas when a kid voted trump in an elementary election or some shit? I seem to remember something like that

benjipwns

« Reply #7192 on: December 21, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »
Those stories come out every election cycle, parents are the worst at complaining about the insignificant problems regarding their weekday babysitting services.

benjipwns

« Reply #7193 on: December 21, 2017, 11:55:51 PM »
 :badass

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7194 on: December 21, 2017, 11:57:25 PM »
 :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

I take everything back, thank you Disney :playa

benjipwns

« Reply #7195 on: December 22, 2017, 12:02:39 AM »
In the other hand, if by "valid criticism" some here mean:

the story being thematically about failure and overcoming that;

Then those aren't really valid criticisms and the very things that these alt-right assholes preach about and no, people aren't on the right of saying that those are valid criticisms. Not a matter of opinion, by the way.
how much star wars salad do i need to eat for this to make sense?

agrajag

« Reply #7197 on: December 22, 2017, 12:30:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/17-year-old-youtube-star-insulted-a-notorious-drug-lord-later-found-dead.12229/

Couple of posters correctly pointing out something to the extent of "play with fire you're gonna get burned" immediately hit with moderator warnings for victim blaming.

benjipwns

« Reply #7198 on: December 22, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »
Yes, yes, Tom DeLonge and the guy whose e-mail password was "password" are definitely key players in a behind the scenes power struggle over the big picture of our history of intergalactic contacts.

benjipwns

« Reply #7199 on: December 22, 2017, 12:35:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/17-year-old-youtube-star-insulted-a-notorious-drug-lord-later-found-dead.12229/

Couple of posters correctly pointing out something to the extent of "play with fire you're gonna get burned" immediately hit with moderator warnings for victim blaming.
My favorite hot take:
Damn... 15 to 18 bullets.... Thats automatic weapons... Jesus