Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146575 times)

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6780 on: December 16, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »
"Bear with me here and let’s put on our sociological thinking caps and leave our immediate emotional responses at the door for a moment."

deserved. they tried playing the intellectual and lost.

I like this part:
I hope that I am not labeled as “defending pedophilia” because I am not

What is the purpose of the discussion then?

I mean I get certain arguments like the child involved is on the verge of being legally able to consent. That would be 15 in the UK. Not that I condone a relationship like that, just that I do not equate it to abuse of an 8 year old child. It's not the same thing. It is mearly an argument for proportionality. Depending on the circumstances the adult may not necessarily be a threat in the same way someone who abuses an 8 year old child is a threat. I can understand at least an argument for that reflecting how the authorities deal with it.

He is not talking about grey areas like that though. So...

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6781 on: December 16, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
Why is being in shape and the realization that everyone is a little shallow blowing RE's mind?

As someone whose been both fat and in shape, that shit is just common sense.

Himu

« Reply #6782 on: December 16, 2017, 03:34:56 PM »
Why is being in shape and the realization that everyone is a little shallow blowing RE's mind?

Everyone judges fat people. Even fat people.
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6783 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »

Some seem to be just terrified to say anything generalising about women because agency is important and stuff.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6784 on: December 16, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »

It's interesting you mention that. It reminds me of the reason for why I was banned from GAF. This was one of my first posts on here.

The reason given officially for my ban was apparently calling Carrie Fisher 'ugly' (before she died). I didn't actually call her ugly, I wrote that she looked like shit before she lost some weight. The context was Carrie Fisher bemoaning Hollywood beauty standards for feeling that she needed to lose weight. She was unhealthily obese for goodness sake, it really seemed inappropriate to be blaming Hollywood for it. That's not to say there isn't merit in criticising Hollywood, it's just that she was in no position to. Anyway that was what got me a permanent ban.

The thing was though, that wasn't all that was written as a reason for my ban. The admin then went on to accuse me of being a secret MRA. While acknowledging that I don't actually identify as a MRA, the admin went on to accuse me of being one covertly and apparently it was really transparent. I think a good translation for people who are sane would be: I am someone who always weighed in on controversial subjects with opinions that were contrary to the post-modern social justice worldview that GAF wanted to promote and propagate. You couldn't possibly hold such opinions -- in the minds of the admins on GAF -- without being an MRA. It's that same paranoid conspiratorial thinking you got from a lot of the members on GAF that used to drive me crazy (lol).

Interestingly, my ban occured before 'alt-right' really came into common vernacular. If it happened today I probably would have been accused of being a secret 'alt-right' agent, trying to infiltrate and subvert GAF.

So, yeah, an interesting turn of events...

I said Carrie Fisher looked like shit before she lost weight. Not that I go around abusing fat people or something(lol) it was purely in the context of her bemoaning Hollywood beauty standards as the reason for her feeliing she needed to lose weight. Also, as I mentioned though, it seemed like an excuse to permanently ban me.

The reason I bring it up is because guess who lost their shit when I said it in that thread? Excelsiorlef. I have a feeling she was the one who reported me to the mods.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6785 on: December 16, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
She literally admitted to being a gimmick poster, which is amazing because for 4 years she was complaining about "gimmick posters" ruining her dang wrasslin threads on both GAF and RE. Including posters that were some how ruining the thread despite being banned. (like me, but not just me).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wp-women-rate-strongest-men-most-attractive-linear-relationship-strength-attractiveness.11343/page-3#post-2172360
Overtly verbose academic seriousness, which may or may not be entirely performative and in itself in jest, in response to the written expression of another individual's statement of humorous intent.... is sort of my thing.

Now if your academically styled analysis of said person's intended to be humours statement was absolutely made in earnest then I guess you may proceed... but I'd note I find your findings and arguments to be lacking.
:dead

Talk about a deluded self image.  Academic and verbose is not how to describe excel. More like 4 year old playing with a shiny bauble.
sigh

Himu

« Reply #6786 on: December 16, 2017, 04:13:58 PM »
I'm not sure the relevance of my quote and your post, but ok.

IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #6787 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:56 PM »
I'm not sure the relevance of my quote and your post, but ok.

No relevance. Could have quite easily quoted the person you responded to. It is just that Excelsiorlef has come up a lot lately and the talk about losing weight and being in shape reminded me that it was Excelsiorlef who freaked out in that thread to my comment on Carrie. That's all.

Vertigo

« Reply #6788 on: December 16, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »
I see that worm famousmortimer is on Resetera.

What happened to his games website? Seems all that 'insider' info he got fed dried up.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #6789 on: December 16, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
I see that worm famousmortimer is on Resetera.

What happened to his games website? Seems all that 'insider' info he got fed dried up.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home1/youtubed/public_html/doddscientifics.com/index.php on line 155: file_get_contents(http//api.twitch.tv/kraken/streams/famousmortimer?client_id=axjhfp777tflhy0yjb5sftsil) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6790 on: December 16, 2017, 04:57:25 PM »
You can chart the mental illness in real time now:

(Image removed from quote.)

How do you find this?

Say “Morrigan” out loud 3 times. Prepare to look into the abyss.

Well, as long as we get updates.
sigh

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6791 on: December 16, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »
He got banned for defending pedophilia, but all the comments after him are variants of "I agree with you, but.... (Virtue signalling about drag queens etc)"

No bans for them?

Bore Expert

« Reply #6792 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »
SW spoilers

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2214047/

Lionpride attempts a haiku or something, Hansel is perplexed.

:umad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:44:19 PM by Bore Expert »

Clockwork5

« Reply #6793 on: December 16, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
Aww man. You just linked to an unmarked spoiler thread with no warning.

:goty

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6794 on: December 16, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »

It's interesting you mention that. It reminds me of the reason for why I was banned from GAF. This was one of my first posts on here.

The reason given officially for my ban was apparently calling Carrie Fisher 'ugly' (before she died). I didn't actually call her ugly, I wrote that she looked like shit before she lost some weight. The context was Carrie Fisher bemoaning Hollywood beauty standards for feeling that she needed to lose weight. She was unhealthily obese for goodness sake, it really seemed inappropriate to be blaming Hollywood for it. That's not to say there isn't merit in criticising Hollywood, it's just that she was in no position to. Anyway that was what got me a permanent ban.

The thing was though, that wasn't all that was written as a reason for my ban. The admin then went on to accuse me of being a secret MRA. While acknowledging that I don't actually identify as a MRA, the admin went on to accuse me of being one covertly and apparently it was really transparent. I think a good translation for people who are sane would be: I am someone who always weighed in on controversial subjects with opinions that were contrary to the post-modern social justice worldview that GAF wanted to promote and propagate. You couldn't possibly hold such opinions -- in the minds of the admins on GAF -- without being an MRA. It's that same paranoid conspiratorial thinking you got from a lot of the members on GAF that used to drive me crazy (lol).

Interestingly, my ban occured before 'alt-right' really came into common vernacular. If it happened today I probably would have been accused of being a secret 'alt-right' agent, trying to infiltrate and subvert GAF.

So, yeah, an interesting turn of events...

I said Carrie Fisher looked like shit before she lost weight. Not that I go around abusing fat people or something(lol) it was purely in the context of her bemoaning Hollywood beauty standards as the reason for her feeliing she needed to lose weight. Also, as I mentioned though, it seemed like an excuse to permanently ban me.

The reason I bring it up is because guess who lost their shit when I said it in that thread? Excelsiorlef. I have a feeling she was the one who reported me to the mods.

My perm ban had to do with Carrie Fisher too.

Maybe one of the mods is a massive nerd for Carrie Fisher.

Bore Expert

« Reply #6795 on: December 16, 2017, 09:45:02 PM »

Sorry dude. Honestly.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6796 on: December 16, 2017, 10:05:12 PM »
Everyone in this thread. Try checking out your comment history on your YouTube accounts. I came upon mine a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at some of the things that my 8 year former me wrote.

It completely shook me, that I had written that.
if you discover you have a prior history of homophobia you should do the right thing and report yourself to the police immediately.
每天生气

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #6797 on: December 16, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsofts-creator-update-makes-it-much-harder-to-run-indie-games-on-windows.11527/

Sure buddy, whatever. More like: Microsoft's Creator Update makes it much harder for my mother-in-law to ruin a perfectly good afternoon because I have to reinstall her OS
Fish<

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #6798 on: December 16, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
What’s Besada up to these days?

tuna_love

« Reply #6799 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsofts-creator-update-makes-it-much-harder-to-run-indie-games-on-windows.11527/

Sure buddy, whatever. More like: Microsoft's Creator Update makes it much harder for my mother-in-law to ruin a perfectly good afternoon because I have to reinstall her OS
his threads are the best. waiting for a melt down

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #6800 on: December 16, 2017, 11:31:11 PM »

Eating cheeseburgers and getting pissed how he can't ban anyone would be my guess.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6801 on: December 16, 2017, 11:45:55 PM »

Sorry dude. Honestly.

No worries. Lion Pride's post is so cryptic I made no sense of it. It was only when I scrolled down a bit to some intelligible posts that I realized what I was reading.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6802 on: December 17, 2017, 12:03:15 AM »
Resseteras obsession with shitting on the U.S (the country most of them live in and have the liberty to say such things) is astonishing. I'm in a latin american country at the moment and holy fuck talk about misogyny, corruption, racism, classism.. list goes on.

It's nuts. Not to mention bloated government bureaucracy that lets the filth of the country mobilize and take over swaths of prime real estate and shit all over it because it keeps them in power.  Seriously, it's like man i'm not anything against the 'poor' but goddamn it if your culture of poor is to shit all over your residency go fuck yourself. There's many cultures out there with very poor people that take care of the land around them. It's a cultural thing, not a financial one.

These ideological idiots have no idea of the real world outside their computer screen.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6803 on: December 17, 2017, 12:38:33 AM »
Being fair, the U.S.  is getting closer in being another Latin American country as Trump admin goes on.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6804 on: December 17, 2017, 01:00:15 AM »
That's why we need the wall now more than ever.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6805 on: December 17, 2017, 01:05:25 AM »
Being fair, the U.S.  is getting closer in being another Latin American country as Trump admin goes on.
Trump is a buffoon but he is hardly the catalyst for being another "Latin American" country. It's the people that are voting for him and those pieces were set in motion far before he announced he was running.

To Trump's credit he saw the dumbing down of American politics way before most of us did.  He waited for the most opportune time to jump in, and it was going to be on either side. Republican or Democrat.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6806 on: December 17, 2017, 01:19:22 AM »
Trump is a buffoon but he is hardly the catalyst for being another "Latin American" country. It's the people that are voting for him and those pieces were set in motion far before he announced he was running.

To Trump's credit he saw the dumbing down of American politics way before most of us did.  He waited for the most opportune time to jump in, and it was going to be on either side. Republican or Democrat.

A opportunist that takes advantage of shitty political climate feels that should be considered as a catalyst of having a even shittier government and standards.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6807 on: December 17, 2017, 01:39:32 AM »
Guy was never really playing games from what I can tell and is probably well known amongst internet gamers by now so he can't really sneak into another community without being known, can only imagine he's trying to find an adjacent hobby like comics or a cinema fandom to stink up without actually participating in the hobby.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6808 on: December 17, 2017, 02:06:15 AM »

Not to get overtly political, but while there's a lot of chicken or egg going on... It would seem Trump, hum, "character peculiarities" do provide an argument he is fairly unique in how nakedly he's breaking expected norms and forms of conduct every day. A lot of unbecoming, possibly similar, stuff happened under W. Bush (horrible SC picks, weaseling torture in as a practice, enacting mass spying including through pressure on Cabinet members, belligerent to the intelligence up to extreme tragedy...) but it was a tenth of the media circus you currently have, a circus which in itself is not consequence free. None of it is perhaps the root cause but it's still consequential.
ὕβρις

« Reply #6809 on: December 17, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »

probably being an anonymous moderator on gaf. I know a few of the mods who couldnt get a mod position on reee are now moderating anonymously on gaf, it's the saddest thing

shosta

« Reply #6810 on: December 17, 2017, 06:32:24 AM »

probably being an anonymous moderator on gaf. I know a few of the mods who couldnt get a mod position on reee are now moderating anonymously on gaf, it's the saddest thing
That's a hell of a claim.
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #6811 on: December 17, 2017, 06:34:11 AM »

a hell of a cavern

:doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6812 on: December 17, 2017, 06:43:03 AM »

There were musings to that effect (mods keeping duty unofficially) in the immediate aftermath (though our lovely friend was not the one mentioned) with better than average sources as far as futile forum drama goes.

I mean the guy has his butt all red and raw when REEE admins didn't bow to his tantrums, I could believe it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:49:34 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6813 on: December 17, 2017, 06:48:45 AM »
Double post
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #6814 on: December 17, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »

It took my mind a while to make the distinction between reee and GAF, so I thought you were talking about them being behind the scenes of reera at first.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6815 on: December 17, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »

At that point you may actually want to consider ending it all.  :yeshrug

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6816 on: December 17, 2017, 11:49:33 AM »
I got banned once for saying i fantasized about mowing crowds of fat people down with an AK.

If you have to go on a spree shooting at least use an American rifle

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6817 on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »

It wouldn't be that shocking at all.  Nobody should underestimate how low these people will stoop to wield any kind of authority on the internet.
🍆🍆

Shuri

« Reply #6818 on: December 17, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »

more like, why is that dude running his photobooth on a retail grade OS instead of something like the LTSB version of Windows 10, or something even more locked down. This is trivial as fuck.

Thanks for the pro support, krejlook.

Shuri

« Reply #6819 on: December 17, 2017, 02:40:35 PM »

Name them, papangus!

railGUN

« Reply #6820 on: December 17, 2017, 03:31:36 PM »
I think the mod "Bill O'Rights" might be Dude Abides.
Fish<

Leadbelly

« Reply #6821 on: December 17, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
SW spoilers

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2214047/

Lionpride attempts a haiku or something, Hansel is perplexed.

:umad

I think it is best for everyone that Hansel has no idea what you're saying.

Corporal

« Reply #6822 on: December 17, 2017, 05:17:21 PM »
So, is everyone strapped in for the planned downtime of /r/etc? Bet the traffic to this here forum is gonna double for a couple of hours.

Still think it's funny that they have a versioning scheme going on. Resetera v1.3, eh.
!list

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6823 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:56 PM »
Even hell needs it's perestroikas.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6824 on: December 17, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »
I have no idea why Slayven is a mod, he may not be Morrigan bad but it truly feels he has no interest in being a reasonable or conciliatory voice in disscusions.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6825 on: December 17, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
I have no idea why anyone would want to be a mod on a discussion forum.  :doge

shosta

« Reply #6826 on: December 17, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »
I have no idea why anyone would want to be a mod on a discussion forum.  :doge
You get to help take care of a community you're invested in.
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #6827 on: December 17, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
... it's for scheduled maintenance, breh

it was actually the russian gators

Averon

« Reply #6828 on: December 17, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
Other than the anonymous mods, has Tyler incorporated any of the forum changes he said he would?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:20:47 PM by Averon »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6829 on: December 17, 2017, 06:49:41 PM »
Scheduled maintenance that's actually maintenance?  Interesting  :doge

Well they were going down during parts of The Game Awards so hopefully they are beefing up that as well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:15:01 PM by Purple Filth »

railGUN

« Reply #6830 on: December 17, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
Had EviLore actually managed to upgrade his site in November, like he said he was going to, a bunch of ex-GAF would be poking around in there right now and might actually be impressed with new technology, look, vibe etc. but instead it's even more busted and full of junior alt-right trolls to boot  :lol
Fish<

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #6831 on: December 17, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

Names please
Unzip

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #6832 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
I bet Evilore is ecstatic over all this ad revenue he’s gonna get now that ResetEra is down for maintenance.

Pwnz

« Reply #6833 on: December 17, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »
Guys, I'm so bored. Someone make an understandable microaggression, and let's get 20+ pages deep on in petty meta arguments.

nudemacusers

« Reply #6834 on: December 17, 2017, 08:21:35 PM »
not sure what everyone is concerned about, gaf is back to normal in the power vacuum left by resetera's site maintenance. rip in pieces NüGAF

How do I properly wash bed sheets? Comforter Cover Reccomendations?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459708
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zepblackstar

« Reply #6835 on: December 17, 2017, 08:25:43 PM »
Gaf is dead
Resetera is a boring parody of Gaf

>:( >:( >:(

2017 stinks

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #6836 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:20 PM »
not sure what everyone is concerned about, gaf is back to normal in the power vacuum left by resetera's site maintenance. rip in pieces NüGAF

How do I properly wash bed sheets? Comforter Cover Reccomendations?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459708

:drudge 2 page (50 p/pg) thread incoming :drudge
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6837 on: December 17, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459645

GAF truly is the polar opposite of ResetEra now.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6838 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »
When is thebore going to fix it's frontpage?

shosta

« Reply #6839 on: December 17, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »
When are we getting yay nay or gay for 2017
每天生气