Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146781 times)

Corporal

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6840 on: December 17, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »
When is thebore going to fix it's frontpage?
There's a front page?

...I probably shouldn't have only bookmarked the "show new replies to your posts" link.
!list

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6841 on: December 17, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »
Guys, I'm so bored. Someone make an understandable microaggression, and let's get 20+ pages deep on in petty meta arguments.

Abrahamic religions are trash, women aren't funny, George Lucas deserves another chance
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:13:03 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6842 on: December 17, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »
When are we getting yay nay or gay for 2017

Thanks for the reminder
🍆🍆

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6843 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:28 PM »
Guys, I'm so bored. Someone make an understandable microaggression, and let's get 20+ pages deep on in petty meta arguments.

Maybe all cops don't deserve to be curb stomped.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6844 on: December 17, 2017, 10:40:44 PM »
When is thebore going to fix it's frontpage?
There's a front page?

...I probably shouldn't have only bookmarked the "show new replies to your posts" link.

That's the solipsist front page.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6845 on: December 17, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »

Abrahamic religions are trash, women aren't funny, George Lucas deserves another chance
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, but why do black people walk so slowly when they’re crossing the street?

Jansen

« Reply #6846 on: December 17, 2017, 11:51:46 PM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #6848 on: December 18, 2017, 01:02:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-user-claims-to-have-manipulated-the-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-for-the-last-jedi.11636/

The sperglording over this film is something else. Tie your self worth and actualization to the reception of a billion dollar mass market franchise brehs.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6849 on: December 18, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-user-claims-to-have-manipulated-the-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-for-the-last-jedi.11636/

The sperglording over this film is something else. Tie your self worth and actualization to the reception of a billion dollar mass market franchise brehs.

NO ONE is saying that here. And whataboutism is the cheapest of the argument fallacies, even if you are doing it unconsciously.

People have problems with TFA. People have problems with TLJ. People have problems with Thor: Ragnarok. People have problems with literally ANY critically and public acclaimed film, and that's okay. The difference here is that this was obviously a troll attack all along, and me and several others mentioned here and on several other boards and social media. The proof of that just keeps adding up.

Are there people that fell they have valid criticisms? Sure. Are there an incredibly stupid attempt by a sect of the worst kind of fandom against this film because flame wars? IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS. Just like the alt-right campaigned against TFA in 2015, this time we are literally witnessing a sect so incredibly stupid of the fandom to become their own version of "film alt-right", and this is just bad for film, gaming and entertainment in general. Shrugging it off something like this was a mistake in the past, it would be a mistake now too.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #6850 on: December 18, 2017, 01:11:09 AM »
Was the op a giant dork on gaf too? I feel like I missed some great material.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6851 on: December 18, 2017, 02:32:46 AM »
Was a second away from clicking till I saw it was a bleedingcool link, dodged a bullet there  :whew

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6852 on: December 18, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »
A lot of great reporting coming out right now about this. Deadline has this takedown of the claims that "anger" at The Last Jedi is somewhat widespread.

Joanna Robinson at Vanity Fair also has a great write up about this too. She's more nuance and admits that there's real, non-MAGA criticism of the movie out there, but in the end says that it's not widespread and the box office results and audience reactions coming out of the movie prove it.

And yeah, nobody in my circle of friends, family and coworkers have surprised me. The usual suspects have mixed or fanboyish reactions, while other absolutely loved it. My brother was mixed too at the beginning, but watched it a second time and comes out liking it a lot.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2249373/

Thank you mylord for allowing me to not like a movie and to grace me with the favorable doubt (however remote) that my criticism may not be MAGA related, unconscious whataboutism or literally alt-right literal methods in literal movie fandom.
 :bow2

:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6853 on: December 18, 2017, 03:07:00 AM »
Nerd culture was a mistake. Forcefully drive them off the Internet and have them work the rice fields.

Hello lurker from the future of whenever the next tide of pointless drama will shore us up back into "relevancy". Please note, if you've been linked to this post as evidence that TheBore is an obvious den of fascists advocating hate, that this is a joke. The person refering you to here is probably a fragile nerd manchildren.
[close]
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6854 on: December 18, 2017, 03:08:43 AM »
Don't be daft. Forcing people to work in the rice fields is communist, not fascist.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6855 on: December 18, 2017, 03:13:11 AM »
I'm okay for rice for a while, can we get them to work in the avocado fields?

Corporal

« Reply #6856 on: December 18, 2017, 03:15:24 AM »
Kraut mines. That's where it's at.
!list

Averon

« Reply #6857 on: December 18, 2017, 04:57:57 AM »
A bunch of nerds berating another bunch of nerds for not liking a mass market family family film is just weird.  What's worst is that some think they are fighting mostly alt-right misogynists. Because not liking TLJ means you're alt-right for some reason.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6858 on: December 18, 2017, 05:56:01 AM »
Star Wars is trash. And yes, I include the OG trilogy.

daemon

« Reply #6859 on: December 18, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »

saying star wars is trash is a bit obtuse, from an empirical point of view.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6860 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Nerd culture was a mistake. Forcefully drive them off the Internet and have them work the rice fields.

Hello lurker from the future of whenever the next tide of pointless drama will shore us up back into "relevancy". Please note, if you've been linked to this post as evidence that TheBore is an obvious den of fascists advocating hate, that this is a joke. The person refering you to here is probably a fragile nerd manchildren.
[close]

Taking jobs away from Asians? The bore really is a hive dripping with miserable racist fascist communists.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6861 on: December 18, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »

[close]

Taking jobs away from Asians? The bore really is a hive dripping with miserable racist fascist communists.
Remember, Asians are the real white people.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6862 on: December 18, 2017, 10:36:29 AM »
The best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe was the Clone Wars animated series.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6863 on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
The best thing to come out of Star Wars is Red Letter Media.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6864 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:59 AM »
The best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe was the Clone Wars animated series.
Rebels is pretty great too

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6865 on: December 18, 2017, 01:48:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2254213/

:lol

If I were Facebook I'd be tempted to ride the wave of election scandals and force people to identity themselves with a registered card or legitimate proof of ID. I guess that runs counter to them wanting as many accounts as possible and making it as easy as possible, and people wouldn't want to do it, but this shit - whether it happened or not - shouldn't be possible in this day and age. Some financial sites have really sophisticated auth / captcha methods, its about time Facebook and Twitter did something too.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2253095/

Messing aggregate scores for some entertainment movie is TOO FAR MAN.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6866 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2254213/

:lol

If I were Facebook I'd be tempted to ride the wave of election scandals and force people to identity themselves with a registered card or legitimate proof of ID. I guess that runs counter to them wanting as many accounts as possible and making it as easy as possible, and people wouldn't want to do it, but this shit - whether it happened or not - shouldn't be possible in this day and age. Some financial sites have really sophisticated auth / captcha methods, its about time Facebook and Twitter did something too.

"If I were facebook I'd make the worst business decision imaginable"

Bravotyler

« Reply #6867 on: December 18, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »
People in there are calling TLJ the Metal Gear Solid 2 of Star Wars films. I'm not going to prop up MGS2 as some timeless masterpiece of art, but it's hilarious how people are trying to put a fucking Star Wars film on a pedestal as some subversive work of inspired genius.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6868 on: December 18, 2017, 02:25:05 PM »
"If I were facebook I'd make the worst business decision imaginable"

Pretty much the goal of all reset-style meddling.  "Take the tiddies out of fan-service games exclusively bought by people who enjoy that stuff."  "Sell girl action figures when extensive market research shows that no boys or girls will buy them."
Uncle

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6869 on: December 18, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if this is actually happening, though. RT is sitting at 56% positive audience score [3.5/5 and up is considered positive] with a 3.3/5 average, but IMDB is at 7.9/10 with only slightly more votes in total [compared to 8.1/10 for TFA]. And the Cinemascore was an A, just like TFA.

Taking it all together, it seems like the general audience consensus is that they liked it, but there's a vocal group of hardcore fans that are making the criticism seems more widespread than it actually is. I could be wrong about that, of course, we'll know in a few weeks based on how the box office goes.
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6870 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »
plz stop calling Excelsioref Excel.

One is a maniac delusional idiot cluelessly supporting evil in the name of an idealogical organization.

the other is an amusing anime character

Raist

« Reply #6871 on: December 18, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »

saying star wars is trash is a bit obtuse, from an empirical point of view.

There is absolutely nothing empirical about opinions.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6872 on: December 18, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
Which is why it's obtuse to say that Star Wars is trash.
dog

Raist

« Reply #6873 on: December 18, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Not sure I follow. Is it due to the lack of "IN MY OPINION" disclaimer or something?

Because I think it's pretty much self-evident when talking about "X is great" or "Y is crap".

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6874 on: December 18, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
Because I think it's pretty much self-evident when talking about "X is great" or "Y is crap".
There are Star Wars commercials whose entire message is "pass it down to your kids." The redundancy is necessary.

jorma

« Reply #6875 on: December 18, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »
I liked the original trilogy (is that movies number 4-6? i think the only thing in the star wars universe more stupid than "midichlorins" are: how they number the movies, jar jar binks and that edgy anti jedi with two lightsabers glued together).

The movie with Mads Mikkelsen was ok too i guess.

The rest was absolutely shit tier, but i haven't seen the latest movie yet.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6876 on: December 18, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »
People in there are calling TLJ the Metal Gear Solid 2 of Star Wars films. I'm not going to prop up MGS2 as some timeless masterpiece of art, but it's hilarious how people are trying to put a fucking Star Wars film on a pedestal as some subversive work of inspired genius.

So we are going to get a tons of prequels with a younger Luke and trying to ignore the crazy shit on TLJ as long as commercially possible?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6877 on: December 18, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2273372/

"I play competitive hockey"

Sure you do.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6879 on: December 18, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »

What about the time they followed the crystal wolves to freedom?

Oh wait... that is stupid...

jorma

« Reply #6880 on: December 18, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »
How did you spend your ERA-maintenance time?

-Talking politics with my coworker.

Noblesse, doing gods Hillarys work every day.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Raist

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6884 on: December 18, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
Get the pitchforks! cheeseburger shark! cheeseburger shark!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jonathan-blow-the-witness-braid-thinks-women-are-biologically-less-interested-in-tech-than-men.11742

Eh, i dunno. Obviously Reera is going the "only sociological reasons for this" route no matter what anyone says but Blows comment is stupid as fuck cause hes just making a shot into the dark.

benjipwns

« Reply #6885 on: December 18, 2017, 06:44:49 PM »

Sure you do.
I rock rainbow stick tape (known as Pride tape) to help promote inclusivity but it feels like it doesn't make as much of a difference as speaking up, which is where I'm kind of feeling guilty.

Raist

« Reply #6886 on: December 18, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2226608/

Absolutely spectacular looking game.

What a great sample :holeup

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6887 on: December 18, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »

Sure you do.
I rock rainbow stick tape (known as Pride tape) to help promote inclusivity but it feels like it doesn't make as much of a difference as speaking up, which is where I'm kind of feeling guilty.

Exactly the first thing i saw when i read that ridiculous post. I played all my life, even some collegiate. Unless times have changed there is no fucking way this guy got away with this in a locker room.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6888 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »

Yeah, Odyssey has a lot of rough spots. The game can look really good but there is ps2 graphic level of stuff.

Obviously not talking about the retro area of the Mushroom Kingdom  or the Mario 64 outfit
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6889 on: December 18, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »
Excel-sama. :uguu

Corporal

« Reply #6890 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
Mod Edit: Please stop reporting this post. We have received multiple reports on it and have reviewed it. Thank you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%C2%B4s-just-cosmetic-the-jimquisition.11677/

Sounds like the mods are a bit fed up with all this there moderating they have to do.

Also, Excel Saga, huh. Cat with newspaper moment. XBC2 has made me susceptible to nostalgic :uguu
!list

agrajag

« Reply #6891 on: December 18, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »

Yeah, Odyssey has a lot of rough spots. The game can look really good but there is ps2 graphic level of stuff.

Obviously not talking about the retro area of the Mushroom Kingdom  or the Mario 64 outfit
[close]

I thought it looks A OK. My friend showed me Bloodborne on his PS4 and it looks like ass compared to Odyssey.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:34:16 PM by agrajag »

benjipwns

« Reply #6892 on: December 18, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »
Me personally, in my opinion, think it's very cool.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6894 on: December 18, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »
even while I was a moderator, I always found the red warning text and the big red banners really kafkaesque, especially knowing who was on the other side of them (schlubs like me). the whole point of forum moderation is to be largely invisible, keep conversation running smoothly, and make sure threads were readable. the warning system and mod interventions, as they exist now, do exactly the opposite and just become a distraction. i was trying to post in that jon blow thread and then my post didn't go through because... a mod had locked the thread 'temporarily' to make a mod post? which amounted to nothing except to reaffirm what kind of opinions were off-topic or bannable? like why was that necessary?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #6895 on: December 18, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
now you know the mods are looking out for you

benjipwns

« Reply #6896 on: December 18, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
I used to defend OW's lootboxes using that argument. I bought 100 lotboxes during last year's Halloween event and this year's anniversary event. I was all the time trying to get the coolest skins so my account would be 'cool'.
Without noticing I had become an addict to opening those damn boxes. What I did was stupid, I now see the whole picture.

Don't be like Diego, don't buy lootboxes.
This.
I spent over 750 fucking dollars on MOSTLY useless shit and got maybe 6 skins I cared about. I can go dig up a post of mine that goes into more depth but Overwatch's lootbox system is absolutely predatory to the right types of people, and Activision-Blizzard knows it.

I now no longer play Overwatch for my own safety.

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #6898 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »
As someone who studies sociology, I cannot do anything but facepalm when someone looks at some statistics and thinks "Well, this surely means that X group is inclined toward something ONLY because of biological reasons! Surely things like "society" and "culture" don't affect this data at all!"
wow gross

Jansen

« Reply #6899 on: December 18, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2270398/

fucking nintendumbs never miss an opportunity to make themselves look like idiots :neogaf