Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193479 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6960 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
Excel is the kind of person that makes those that have never come in contact with a trans person hate trans people.

What a trainwreck that person must be IRL.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6961 on: December 19, 2017, 08:03:28 PM »
Excel is the kind of person that makes those that have never come in contact with a trans person hate trans people.

They like to say that finding someone like that a turn-off means you were just looking for an excuse to throw the movement in the trash, but that doesn't mean behaving like that isn't still seriously damaging.
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6962 on: December 19, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »

They like to say that finding someone like that a turn-off means you were just looking for an excuse to throw the movement in the trash, but that doesn't mean behaving like that isn't still seriously damaging.

Yep, there's of course some truth to that phrase but some people take it as an invitation to behave as shitty as possible and never reflect on their own actions. Excel throwing a tantrum certainly doesn't convince me that a law regulating the use of pronouns is a good idea

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6963 on: December 19, 2017, 08:42:35 PM »
Lindsay Shepherd is pretty cute, but I wouldn't fuck a bigot.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6964 on: December 19, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
even while I was a moderator, I always found the red warning text and the big red banners really kafkaesque, especially knowing who was on the other side of them (schlubs like me). the whole point of forum moderation is to be largely invisible, keep conversation running smoothly, and make sure threads were readable. the warning system and mod interventions, as they exist now, do exactly the opposite and just become a distraction. i was trying to post in that jon blow thread and then my post didn't go through because... a mod had locked the thread 'temporarily' to make a mod post? which amounted to nothing except to reaffirm what kind of opinions were off-topic or bannable? like why was that necessary?

They made you a moderator?

Fucking Cerium  :lol

Sometimes in a thread i'll just scroll down through the different pages and just read the warned posts, and the posts they quote for context.

Himu

« Reply #6965 on: December 19, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
Wait, what trans thread is this?
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6966 on: December 19, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »
There is no trans thread. It’s in the one about that lady who showed a Jordan Peterson video to her class. Excelsiorlef is just yet again making it all about themself by being an aggressive, narcissistic lunatic douchebag.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6967 on: December 19, 2017, 09:21:40 PM »
There is no trans thread. It’s in the one about that lady who showed a Jordan Peterson video to her class. Excelsiorlef is just yet again making it all about themself by being an aggressive, narcissistic lunatic douchebag.
User was warned for denying the existence of trans threads.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #6968 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
Oh. Wanted a quick ki. NVM I guess.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #6969 on: December 19, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »
Mod Edit: Please stop reporting this post. We have received multiple reports on it and have reviewed it. Thank you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it%C2%B4s-just-cosmetic-the-jimquisition.11677/

Sounds like the mods are a bit fed up with all this there moderating they have to do.

Also, Excel Saga, huh. Cat with newspaper moment. XBC2 has made me susceptible to nostalgic :uguu

Why would you report that? It's such a nothing post. How can you be so petty?

Leadbelly

« Reply #6970 on: December 19, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »
I don't get why Excel is given a pass to derail a thread that isn't even about her womanhood. She keeps making it about her, when it's about a woman showing a video debate about being compelled by law to use gender neutral pronouns.

Exactly. Jordan Peterson's argument isn't even about whether a biological man should be considered a woman or vice versa, it is about being compelled to use whatever made up pronouns a person wants to be indentified by. Most people suffering with gender dysphoria (which I am guessing includes Excel) are quite happy to use him or her. It's more about people turning around and saying shit like, "I want to be referred to by bingo, bang and bong" and being compelled by law to respect that. And it is not even about whether or not you actually do respect that really, it is the compelled by law bit Peterson is objecting to.

Jansen

« Reply #6971 on: December 19, 2017, 10:16:20 PM »

Himu

« Reply #6972 on: December 19, 2017, 10:19:58 PM »
Neo pronouns are bullshit. No, I will not call you zir. :doge
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6973 on: December 19, 2017, 10:25:10 PM »
no zhit
rub

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6974 on: December 19, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »
Someone explain to me why gamers are so obsessed with kawaii japanese culture??? I don't understand.  Is it because they're all menchilds?

Leadbelly

« Reply #6975 on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:43 PM »
Neo pronouns are bullshit. No, I will not call you zir. :doge

Well, it will get ridiculous fast.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2324084/

No it isn't...

Calling for the media not not legitimize people like Peterson by giving them a platform and treating them as "experts" is not anti-free speech.

It is pretty clear that Excel considers Peterson's views tantamount to 'hate speech'.  Excel is a good argument for why 'hate speech' laws are a bad idea. lol

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6976 on: December 19, 2017, 10:46:59 PM »
Someone explain to me why gamers are so obsessed with kawaii japanese culture??? I don't understand.  Is it because they're all menchilds?

rub

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6977 on: December 19, 2017, 10:49:58 PM »
I have no issues with calling trans people by their preferred gender pronouns. You're MTF or FTM? Great! You're Transitioning or have transitioned *from one gender to the other*. Gender isn't a spectrum, and gender neutral pronouns like xir or they and them are fucking stupid. Being asexual or bi or questioning doesn't make your pronouns suddenly real. Sorry.

Jansen

« Reply #6978 on: December 19, 2017, 10:52:01 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

wow they actually used morrigan stark as a point of reference for the west

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6979 on: December 19, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
Life's gotta be pretty aggravating for the hypothetical people who are willing to write off an entire group of people over one individuals' actions or views or whatever.

Himu

« Reply #6980 on: December 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Life's gotta be pretty aggravating for the hypothetical people who are willing to write off an entire group of people over one individuals' actions or views or whatever.

True. At the same time it doesn't help when every trans person people meet is an always triggered S JW. When it comes to getting what you want, it doesn't help when your entire community is ran by extremist radicals.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #6981 on: December 19, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »
Excel literally can't comprehend that "up for debate" in an academic, class room setting is different than people on the street thinking trans people should die or some shit. Despite being given multiple, multiple examples of hot topic issues that get "debated" in classes, to explore all options and view points and learn how to express and logically follow an argument even if you don't agree with it is part of academia, not a personal attack on her or trans people.

Meanwhile, she goes out of her way to gimmick post as an overly verbose academic type who clearly has never been in anything close to an academic situation.

I don't think those people misunderstand what up for debate means. I think they see debate as a creation of colonial white supremacy and as long as you let "experts" speak then they'll drown out voices of people like themselves.

Which is a round-a-bout way of saying they know they'd lose the debate because their arguments are weak, so they try to stop the discussion from ever happening whenever they can.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6982 on: December 19, 2017, 11:16:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2325315/

Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. He's a professor of psychology, not gender studies.

If you want to come into this thread and say he's an expert in gender-neutral pronouns, you'll need to explain to me how a professor of psychology is an expert rather than making vague misleading statements like this

Yeah because Gender Studies is like a serious scientific field, and not an ideologically driven madhouse.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #6983 on: December 19, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
So now you have to have a degree in the thing you're criticizing? Anita Sarkeesian and most Youtubers are now on suicide watch.

etiolate

« Reply #6984 on: December 19, 2017, 11:24:03 PM »
The amazing thing is that the thread is about the independent investigation finding that there was no actual complaint and the Rainbow Diversity Center and the Communications department were to blame for everything that went wrong. They repeatedly lied in that interview, saying they couldn't state the complaint due to privacy issues when they couldn't state the complaint because there was none.

The university apologized to Lindsey and chewed out the professors involved.

But the thread is nothing but reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

etiolate

« Reply #6985 on: December 19, 2017, 11:29:43 PM »
So now you have to have a degree in the thing you're criticizing? Anita Sarkeesian and most Youtubers are now on suicide watch.

Yes, and I expect y'all to show your Etiolate Studies degree the next time you start some mess.  :nothot

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6986 on: December 19, 2017, 11:34:19 PM »

Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. He's a professor of psychology, not gender studies.

If you want to come into this thread and say he's an expert in gender-neutral pronouns, you'll need to explain to me how a professor of psychology is an expert rather than making vague misleading statements like this

Yeah because Gender Studies is like a serious scientific field, and not an ideologically driven madhouse.
What a trainwreck of a thread.

And yeah shit like that does make me not give a flying fuck about the whole lot of the trans people's problems. It's just like shut the fuck up already. You do what you want, leave the rest of us in peace.

From the outside the whole movement seems radical.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6987 on: December 19, 2017, 11:50:41 PM »
And yeah shit like that does make me not give a flying fuck about the whole lot of the trans people's problems. It's just like shut the fuck up already. You do what you want, leave the rest of us in peace.

Letting the most aggressive people in a political or social movement make you dispassionate is stupid. You should think about all the people in the movement who actually want to get shit done, not the minority who just want to stir shit up to feel good about themselves.

Himu

« Reply #6988 on: December 19, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »
Yes, it's full of radicals. Imagine these people in real life.

:beli

Now every trans comes off as a nut job thanks to them. It's tiresome. Imagine if "send us back to Africa" black nationalists were the mainstream black opinion and you now understand where the modern trans movement is at.

Got people like

Letting the most aggressive people in a political or social movement make you dispassionate is stupid. You should think about all the people in the movement who actually want to get shit done, not the minority who just want to stir shit up to feel good about themselves.

Minority. lol

The sad part is we have no real estimation of who is a minority or not here.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #6989 on: December 20, 2017, 12:12:37 AM »
reset added warning points to profiles

words, deeds, ect.

stufte

« Reply #6990 on: December 20, 2017, 12:14:15 AM »

Now every trans comes off as a nut job thanks to them. It's tiresome. Imagine if "send us back to Africa" black nationalists were the mainstream black opinion and you now understand where the modern trans movement is at.

Got people like

Minority. lol

I am acquainted with several trans folks IRL. None of them are like Excel and are mostly just normal people trying to get by. I feel bad for those folks when there are people out there with zero experience with the trans community and see shit like this online and assume the worst. Excel sucks.

Himu

« Reply #6991 on: December 20, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »
Yeah a lot of us are just trying to get by and don't have time for the s jw spiel. At the same time it's almost impossible to not interact with that part of the community. Thankfully a lot of us are considered too "troublesome" for the s jws so we just keep to ourselves. It's really hard to judge though. Online, it's definitely represented by a certain kind of cheeseburger if you go to any facebook group for instance. IRL has its share of Social Studies Warriors as well. But there's plenty of us who don't wanna get involved, just keep it tight and live our lives. So I'd say it's certainly a mix.
IYKYK

tuna_love

« Reply #6992 on: December 20, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »

Got people like

Minority. lol

I am acquainted with several trans folks IRL. None of them are like Excel and are mostly just normal people trying to get by. I feel bad for those folks when there are people out there with zero experience with the trans community and see shit like this online and assume the worst. Excel sucks.
yikes

Sai

« Reply #6993 on: December 20, 2017, 12:23:36 AM »
i want somethingawful-esque rap sheets

Because 2D > 3D you fucking normie
ilysm

Jansen

« Reply #6994 on: December 20, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »

words, deeds, ect.

I only see it on my own profile, clicked around and can't see anyone else's posts.

So not a scarlet letter, just a way for you to see if you've been wared.

it's there to make you feel ashamed of the horrible things u have done to ur fellow era users :fbm

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6996 on: December 20, 2017, 12:30:43 AM »
None of them are like Excel and are mostly just normal people trying to get by. I feel bad for those folks when there are people out there with zero experience with the trans community and see shit like this online and assume the worst. Excel sucks.
I don't care what you think, you social studies warriors will never get me to switch to Calc or Gnumeric or anything else permanently just because no versions of Excel are perfect.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6997 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:05 AM »
Seriously how do I have 2 warning points and riotous has 0

I'm as pure as the dust on a butterfly's wings.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6998 on: December 20, 2017, 12:53:10 AM »
I ate a butterfly when I was younger but I understand now that it was wrong.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6999 on: December 20, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
Why did I have to re-login to the Bore on all my devices today? Were mods looking at our PMs or something?
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7000 on: December 20, 2017, 01:23:59 AM »
I have an ex with a giant butterfly tramp stamp.

It's how I recognized her on a cam site years later.  That was hilarious.

Was it a good one?

counterhit

« Reply #7001 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:44 AM »
Tesseract is a good poster. Will probably be cut down on Resetera for the same reason he was on GAF.

benjipwns

« Reply #7002 on: December 20, 2017, 01:43:10 AM »
Why did I have to re-login to the Bore on all my devices today? Were mods looking at our PMs or something?
No, they seem to all still be alive.

Bore Expert

« Reply #7003 on: December 20, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »

words, deeds, ect.

I only see it on my own profile, clicked around and can't see anyone else's posts.

So not a scarlet letter, just a way for you to see if you've been wared.

it's there to make you feel ashamed of the horrible things u have done to ur fellow era users :fbm

Sounds like some Heavens Gate type of stuff. Holy shit.... it all makes sense now. They’re grooming y’all. Reset is a cult.

:ohhh

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

jorma

« Reply #7005 on: December 20, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »

I'm also fairly sure that any suggestion that psychology would be the more useful professorship is a one way ticket to a ban (length pending) on resetera.

benjipwns

« Reply #7006 on: December 20, 2017, 02:17:48 AM »
Sounds like some Heavens Gate type of stuff. Holy shit.... it all makes sense now. They’re grooming y’all. Reset is a cult.

Stealing my run into the ground "DO YOU GET IT?!?" jokes from the announcement of the forum and leak of their manifesto, and you call yourself a BORE EXPERT. smh #YearZero.

Bore Expert

« Reply #7007 on: December 20, 2017, 02:40:42 AM »

Stealing my run into the ground "DO YOU GET IT?!?" jokes from the announcement of the forum and leak of their manifesto, and you call yourself a BORE EXPERT. smh #YearZero.

I’m sorry benji, but I musta missed that. I rarely know what anyone here is talking about because there’s a lot of inside jokes and whatnot. I’m on the outside looking in. But I like this place better than reset or what’s left of Gaf. So I’ll continue to piss into the wind.
 :idont

Unbounded

« Reply #7008 on: December 20, 2017, 03:28:20 AM »
Basically every LGBT+ person I had ever met in real life is really pretty alright and chill about it. It's almost as if functional human beings that know how to exist outside of internet message boards know how to work with and interact with people.

benjipwns

« Reply #7009 on: December 20, 2017, 03:50:03 AM »
Basically every LGBT+ person I had ever met in real life is really pretty alright and chill about it. It's almost as if functional human beings that know how to exist outside of internet message boards know how to work with and interact with people.
User was warned for not posting a link to their dissertation in the field.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7010 on: December 20, 2017, 05:13:58 AM »
Warning Points:0

Care points: 874

This is eras opportunity to finally make brownie points a real thing.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7011 on: December 20, 2017, 05:15:03 AM »
They'll have to settle for post counts in the meantime.
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7012 on: December 20, 2017, 05:47:25 AM »
Seriously how do I have 2 warning points and riotous has 0

I'm as pure as the dust on a butterfly's wings.

Just message an admin about your warnings and bans.  The guy I talked to apologized saying I got several (3) seven day bans for shit that should have been warnings and then he (I assume, they are a CS major, probably) removed two bans saying they were bullshit.  He also said he would have a chat with the mods.

Like Bannon said of Trump, I doubt Morrigan or slayven last a year.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:10:30 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

SmokyDave

« Reply #7015 on: December 20, 2017, 06:34:02 AM »
Pretty much. If you’re vehemently arguing about social issues on the internet, you’re almost guaranteed to be a complete twat. People that function successfully and positively in the wider world just don’t need to bother with cesspools of that nature. You make real change around you every day.

benjipwns

« Reply #7016 on: December 20, 2017, 07:04:15 AM »
If you’re vehemently arguing about social issues on the internet, you’re almost guaranteed to be a complete twat.
YOU'RE LUCKY YOU DIDN'T SAY THIS TO ME ON THE INTERNET

Risible

« Reply #7017 on: December 20, 2017, 08:03:42 AM »
That Christmas song thread is something else. Between the date rape song and the guy running out of the store because a fucking Wham song came on, I don't know how these motherfuckers survive real life.

benjipwns

« Reply #7018 on: December 20, 2017, 08:08:13 AM »
the guy running out of the store because a fucking Wham song came on
watch it, Peter Daou is someone you do not want to cross

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7019 on: December 20, 2017, 08:12:48 AM »
That Christmas song thread is something else. Between the date rape song and the guy running out of the store because a fucking Wham song came on, I don't know how these motherfuckers survive real life.

Heard Fairytale in New York by The Pogues which has some explicit language and I was shook

spoiler (click to show/hide)
by the talent of the band.
[close]
ὕβρις