Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174322 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7500 on: December 24, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
Why do you even give a shit?

I just watch Dave Chappelle and move on personally.   This isn't some idiot getting upset that his pedo anime games are mocked; it's people who most certainly suffer from mockery and prejudice in real life being upset.  Over-sensitive?  Maybe; but jesus.. grow up you petty fuck.  When mouth breathers like Assimilate are the only people hi-fiving your mockery, take a deep, dark look at yourself.

I'm partly being hyperbolic for shits and giggles.

hahahah oops topic isn't about a forum owner manipulating a young teen into fucking him and eventually supporiting her gaming habits until marriage.

You're pathetic. Fuck off me. dude.

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7501 on: December 24, 2017, 11:56:49 PM »
Cindi:

Well, the Islam example was posted earlier. When Islam is a heavy factor in actions, it still rolls back to blaming the foreign policy of the west. A lot of foreign policy has gone on and countries have messed into other countries government and economies for centuries. Not all of them bomb cartoonists or anything close to that.

Also, you have to account for whether you should put freedom into scare quotes. I don't think you can blame the middle east still using slaves entirely on American policy. This kind of rolls into the Noble Savage debate eventually.

The USA has the tendency of white wash their own shitty behavior to a holier than you attitude thought.

Noam's problem is he inverted American exceptionalism. Instead of America being exempt from the rules, America is the only one that has to live up to standards. There is no longform view of history and no accountability for other nations and people.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus Etiolate

I am not saying American Exceptionalism doesn't exit. I understand it is out there. The point is that Chomsky created a reactionary exceptionalism that has a blind spot in regards to people seen as enemies of the west, such as Islamists and Communism.

You really should understand what is being said before contributing.

Jansen

« Reply #7502 on: December 24, 2017, 11:59:44 PM »
lol gl with that, the current Persona team thinks gays sexuality assault people in the street and it is funny. I doubt they even ever talked to a trans person.

That's not gay people. That's comedians in Japan playing a gay stereotype. Which Atlus ripped from. I can understand the offense, but that's one of those "oh Japan" things.
I miss watching hard gay videos :(

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7503 on: December 25, 2017, 12:10:26 AM »
Quote from: Chaparral, post: 2483134, member: 100
Lets try this thread again, for the people who continue to peddle transphobia in this thread hard. Lets get some opinions from trans people in this thread:

Look at these messages from people who are affected by Chappelle's transphobia and out and out bigotry. If you're still trying to throw out a frankly shitty, reductive, and insulting argument that these words don't hurt one of the most oppressed and shat upon minority groups out there, then in my mind, you are a transphobe as well.

FULL. FUCKING. STOP.

dude is spazzing hard

then in my mind, you are a transphobe as well

This is the shit that makes me want to embrace their labels and become everything they hate.

Sure, I'm a transphobe.  I'm also a homophone and a racism and alt-white and an anti-dentite.  Pile them on, by those loose definitions I can be anything.  And why just skim the surface?  Now that I'm lumped in with the worst I can be as bad or as good as I like, it won't change their opinion of me because there are no shades of grey.
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7504 on: December 25, 2017, 12:21:10 AM »
lol gl with that, the current Persona team thinks gays sexuality assault people in the street and it is funny. I doubt they even ever talked to a trans person.

That's not gay people. That's comedians in Japan playing a gay stereotype. Which Atlus ripped from. I can understand the offense, but that's one of those "oh Japan" things.
I miss watching hard gay videos :(

Hard Gay was a savior.
sigh

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7505 on: December 25, 2017, 12:25:18 AM »
Hooooooooooooooo!
rub

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7506 on: December 25, 2017, 12:39:48 AM »
Men being challenged for their misbehavior and sexual assault? yeah, what is course correcting this? Capitalism lol. Do these dipshits realize that? Nope.

Put it in proper perspective. Put it in realistic time frames of actual life times. Nothing else would adjust it this fast unless for market forces.

Or ya know an overbearing 'smart government' or omnipotent being.  :doge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7507 on: December 25, 2017, 01:29:29 AM »
uh

I

Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, ring-ting tingle-ing, too
Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you
Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling "yoo hoo"
Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take that road before us and sing a chorus or two
Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take that road before us and sing a chorus or two
Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you
rub

Bravotyler

« Reply #7508 on: December 25, 2017, 02:51:53 AM »
Quote from: Bronx-Man
I’m gonna say it

If you can’t recognize The Last Jedi as the piece of art it is, maybe movies just aren’t for you.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7509 on: December 25, 2017, 04:07:01 AM »
I’m gonna say it

If you can’t recognize The Last Jedi as the piece of art it is, maybe movies just aren’t for you.

ResetEra is playing the whole geek playbook with this.

"Well some people didn't like ESB then either ! AND THEY WERE WRONG."

Also arguments that Ackbar is a WARHERO

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2485765/

Quote from: LionPride
I see Rose compared to that motherfucking minstrel motherfucker one more goddamn time

:umad

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2486404/

Can we please stop the stupid meme of calling any and all criticism "hot takes", as if differing opinions only exist to get attention?

Too late mate.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2488215/
ὕβρις

tuna_love

« Reply #7510 on: December 25, 2017, 04:21:06 AM »
star wars  :donot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7511 on: December 25, 2017, 04:22:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2487396/

I’ve now hopped off the fence. Landis is a victim-blaming, sociopathic sack of shit. I hope the cunt rots in Hell.
Infinite punishment for finite crimes?
Is that what we're doing now?
And here comes the Landis Defense Force.

That's the most ERA exchange ever.
ὕβρις

Bore Expert

« Reply #7512 on: December 25, 2017, 04:26:24 AM »
I’m gonna say it

:bobby :ego :bobby :ego :dice

jorma

« Reply #7513 on: December 25, 2017, 04:44:35 AM »
I’m gonna say it

Ffs. I don't even want to see this movie now. What if i even remotely like it? I'm gonna feel tainted.

I bet this guy tore down a few mcds to get some rick and morty sauce too.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #7514 on: December 25, 2017, 06:23:56 AM »

Himu

« Reply #7515 on: December 25, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »
...How?

I dunno.. cuz you are a woman with a penis.  So telling guys to get lost for being into penis seems self defeating; but what do I know?

LOL @Assimilate;  that's the third time you've randomly brought up my wife.  Weirdo.

That's some really bad logic bro. It almost sounds chaser-esque.

In my mind, a man who likes or wants my dick, something he should know it's something I myself don't like, is gay. My mind files the dude as gay because he has an interest in cock in his ass or a dick in his mouth while still being a man. And mine, much less. Ew. I don't have any interest in a dude like that.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:21:02 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Bananas

« Reply #7516 on: December 25, 2017, 09:54:15 AM »

The "Oh Japan" excuse is a bit overplayed. Japanese writers aren't children, and Japan is not Saudi Arabia.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/05/nhk-bs-premium-to-air-tv-drama-adaptation-of-gengoroh-tagames-lgbt-themed-manga-my-brothers-husband

Plus that scene was totally uncalled anyway and totally tone out of place in Persona 5 (The same came that criticizes Japanese society).

paprikastaude

« Reply #7517 on: December 25, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »
Like the Chappelle thing, tons of freaking out over a perceived threat. Meanwhile tomorrow is Christmas, and lots of us have nowhere to go. Must be nice when the biggest threats to your existence are things that might not even happen.

When the next most "progressive" activity you're part of is the (aggressive) hailing of a mediocre Star Wars movie on the internet because it shows women in spaceships. For this community the "starving children in Africa" comparison is an actual good argument. The fact that they believe they are progressive frontrunners because they waste their days having rage attacks over hypothetical material in upcoming niche weeb-games...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:49:31 AM by Spieler1 »

Himu

« Reply #7518 on: December 25, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »

The "Oh Japan" excuse is a bit overplayed. Japanese writers aren't children, and Japan is not Saudi Arabia.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/05/nhk-bs-premium-to-air-tv-drama-adaptation-of-gengoroh-tagames-lgbt-themed-manga-my-brothers-husband

Plus that scene was totally uncalled anyway and totally tone out of place in Persona 5 (The same came that criticizes Japanese society).

That show is not evidence that Japan is LGBT positive. It's not Saudi Arabia, but that doesn't mean it's good either.
IYKYK

Rman

« Reply #7519 on: December 25, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »
Japan is barely progressive when it comes to women's issues.  People expect them to be progressive on LGBT stuff? It's not excusing the culture, it's having a realistic understanding that not every country is at the same level in terms of progressive politics. 

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7520 on: December 25, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »

This is such a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE post, that I'm surprised you're not making it on REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Bananas

« Reply #7521 on: December 25, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

That show is not evidence that Japan is LGBT positive. It's not Saudi Arabia, but that doesn't mean it's good either.

Absolutely. But dismissing it as "lol Japan" when there are some Japanese people writers clearly more social aware (Hey, go read about Yoko Taro thought on LGBT, or go read some manga) is incredibility reductive. P5 is all about how Japanese society is not perfect, and clearly shows the writers themselves are aware of some problems in it.

This is such a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE post, that I'm surprised you're not making it on REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

QUALITY post. Have you tried reposing it on Voat for some upvotes?

Himu

« Reply #7522 on: December 25, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
lol japan is apt tho in that case
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #7523 on: December 25, 2017, 01:12:55 PM »
Idol culture is the worst though.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7524 on: December 25, 2017, 01:54:31 PM »
Idol culture wouldn't be so weird if the Idols were, you know, actually attractive. :doge
:bolo :ufup

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #7525 on: December 25, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Idol culture wouldn't be so weird if the Idols were, you know, actually attractive. :doge

Lady beard is mai waifu fuck off nerdlinger!  :wag

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7526 on: December 25, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »
i hope Chappelle lobs some serious trans bombs during his special.

Himu

« Reply #7527 on: December 25, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
Laughing Banana needs to read/watch more on what it's like to be gay or trans in Japan.

Good starting point.

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/gaycation-japan/568fdf623cd5b1ad4d43efeb

You can start there. Then google okama. I can make suggestions after that but you seem heavily uninformed on this issue.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7528 on: December 25, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »

Stop being a POS. Why would you actively want that? And why do you think trans people are the same or react the same way?
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7529 on: December 25, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
The Dave Chapelle thread, good lord....

of all the posts on the final page, only this one deserves a warning? https://www.resetera.com/posts/2495758/

Seems like preferential moderation is already in full effect

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7530 on: December 25, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »

Stop being a POS. Why would you actively want that? And why do you think trans people are the same or react the same way?

Um, to laugh hysterically? It's a comedian making a joke. If you can't handle it don't listen or watch it. Don't pay to walk into a comedy club. It's that simple.

If the worst thing you deal with on a day to day is a comedian making a joke you should probably reevaluate your privilege? eh? In other countries you'd be thrown off a fucking roof.

Himu

« Reply #7531 on: December 25, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »
I didn't say any of that. I'm fine if Chappelle makes a joke. But you seem to actively want a joke specifically aimed towards a certain group of people and I think that's fucked up and I call it for what it is.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7532 on: December 25, 2017, 02:20:41 PM »
I didn't say any of that. I'm fine if Chappelle makes a joke. But you seem to actively want a joke specifically aimed towards a certain group of people and I think that's fucked up and I call it for what it is.
After the shit show of that thread? Yes, Cendi, i do. lol. Don't take it personally.

Himu

« Reply #7533 on: December 25, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »
I just caught up on the Chappelle thread and my face is a complete and utter :confused

"Cindi hates nb's" "whataboutism's"

Oh my Lord :lol

Merry Christmas I guess.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7534 on: December 25, 2017, 02:44:30 PM »
what exactly is a nonbinary? Is it where you can choose what hour of the day to be what sex?

etiolate

« Reply #7535 on: December 25, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2496802/

Probably the weirdest moralization on Reset

Bananas

« Reply #7536 on: December 25, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »

You can start there. Then google okama. I can make suggestions after that but you seem heavily uninformed on this issue.

Nope. I already watched that video years ago, so cut out the patronizing shit. No one is saying that being LGBT isn't hard in Japan. I'm saying that you shouldn't cast such a blank statement on Japanese people and especially writers.

Hashino and the his team are not made of morons or little children, they are clearly aware of issues and discrimination in Japanese society since they made a game about it. And yet Persona 2 and DDS both had a better treatment of homosexuality and that was over 10 years ago.

In short, stop taking responsibility from the individuals to hide it behind "muh culture". I'm not even American, I'm from an European conservative country and yet it isn't particularly hard not being an ass.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:13:03 PM by laughing_Banana »

agrajag

« Reply #7537 on: December 25, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
Chappelles jokes pretty much reflect what the average person thinks. People are living in a bubble. You're gonna tell me the average man wants to see Caitlyn Jenner nude in a Sports Illustrated magazine?

Boredfrom

« Reply #7538 on: December 25, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »

Nope. I already watched that video years ago, so cut out the patronizing shit. No one is saying that being LGBT isn't hard in Japan. I'm saying that you shouldn't cast such a blank statement on Japanese people and especially writers.

(Image removed from quote.)

Hashino and the his team are not made of morons or little children, they are clearly aware of issues and discrimination in Japanese society since they made a game about it. And yet Persona 2 and DDS both had a better treatment of homosexuality and that was over 10 years ago.

In short, stop taking responsibility from the individuals to hide it behind "muh culture". I'm not even American, I'm from an European conservative country and yet it isn't particularly hard not being an ass.

Didn’t the original Catherine had a likeable trans character? Everyone seems to forget that she exist now that there is a updated release.

agrajag

« Reply #7539 on: December 25, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »
Yeah it's kind of mean spirited I guess, a lot of comedy is. Did he really have a whole bit where it was multiple cheeseburger jokes in a row? But I stand by what I said, you'll hear much worse than those jokes around the water cooler at the office.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7540 on: December 25, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »
And yet Persona 2 had a better treatment of homosexuality.

:girlaff

Are you serious? Persona 2 which made it a throw-away line, is "better treatment?"

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7541 on: December 25, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »
he isn't rallying anyone. he's saying what a lot of people already think in a funny context.

what annoys a lot of people, and grows resentment towards the community is all this policing of thought and opinions.

I DEMAND YOU TO USE THE CORRECT PRONOUN OR I'll SHAME YOU. Like fuck off. No matter what you do to your body you still have the chromosomes you were born with. You're not changing that. So play the fucking cards correctly and stop pissing people off. Have them accept you for you and not forcefully because it does not work.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7542 on: December 25, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »

He sounds like a Christian when they are trying to talk about homosexuality.

No, sorry. Homosexuality has always been around, and even present within animals. Changing your sex is a completely new phenomenon. Not to mention you're really not changing anything besides replacing a sex organ with another. You still have the makeup of the sex you were born with.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7543 on: December 25, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »
Chappelles jokes pretty much reflect what the average person thinks. People are living in a bubble. You're gonna tell me the average man wants to see Caitlyn Jenner nude in a Sports Illustrated magazine?

They have issues where they have world class athletes naked;  while I also don't "want to see Caitlyn Jenner nude" I don't really want to see Ezekiel Elliot nude either.  But.. it's sort of the premise of those issues. 
SI started doing this too? Thought it was just ESPN.

My favorite was when they put a 400+lb linebacker doing classical Greek poses smack dab in the middle of the issue.

They had some transgender athletes years before Caitlyn Jenner was a thing too I think. "Both ways" iirc.

agrajag

« Reply #7544 on: December 25, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »
Is it fair to call Caitlyn Jenner an athlete? I know Bruce Jenner was, 40 years ago. Let's not pretend that Caitlyn doing a nude spread in SI has anything to do with sports.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7545 on: December 25, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
No, sorry. Homosexuality has always been around
Which has nothing to do with what I said.

He uses the same phrases and wording as a Chritsian person when they discuss homosexuality; calling it a "lifestyle."

And there were trans people in ancient times.  Look it up or something; or don't.
  Hahahha. See, Dave is right. Most people don't even know what trans means.

None of his jokes were that bad. Again, the over sensitivity to them is the problem. No his jokes. If you think please quote them so we can see.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #7546 on: December 25, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »

He sounds like a Christian when they are trying to talk about homosexuality.

No, sorry. Homosexuality has always been around, and even present within animals. Changing your sex is a completely new phenomenon. Not to mention you're really not changing anything besides replacing a sex organ with another. You still have the makeup of the sex you were born with.

lol
bent

benjipwns

« Reply #7547 on: December 25, 2017, 04:57:09 PM »
Being a subscriber to ESPN Magazine (once for two whole years before they realized I hadn't paid my normal $1-5 yearly fee via some Amazon/website deal) purely to get Insider access, "The Body Issue" runs the gamut from pro athletes like NBA players to bicyclists or rock climbers (who I've decided have some of the best overall bodies) and also does retired athletes. They usually have one "curveball" person an issue which might be a former athlete who is now 75 or something. Or an amputee. Or a female to male transitioned athlete. Along with all the standard attractive swimmer or volleyball woman, etc.

I've always wondered if they actually get any press from it at this point. It's mostly interesting to see more of the unique ones like the linebacker or Serge Ibaka's fucking thigh that looked like it was nearly as big around as I am in the photo so I look through it for those more than anything*. I think both of the transgender people they've done have been bicyclists. Which feels like it should be a setup for a joke. Feel free to steal this for your standup special if you can think of a punchline.

I enjoy how between it, The Fashion Issue and The Music Issue...and recently they've even done The Comedy Issue which was just interviews with people like Leslie Jones, they spend two months a year not covering any sports in their sports magazine. Not to mention the two issues a year devoted solely to the Super Bowl and College Football Championships. :lol

*Also, all the horrible tattoos. Especially "hidden" ones on the women. (And Kevin Durant.)

Bananas

« Reply #7548 on: December 25, 2017, 05:18:59 PM »

Are you serious? Persona 2 which made it a throw-away line, is "better treatment?"

t. He hasn't played Persona 2 and has read the story on the wiki.

Yes, Persona 2, in which one character is gay the main character is bi (And this is not counting some NPCs, like the Genie). They are not shamed for it, there is not "lele, are you going to rape us at night Jun". There is a serious story going on, and one of the most important characters is gay. What confuses you?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7549 on: December 25, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
Cream and that poster with the Minnie Mouse avatar are trolls. No other way around it.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7550 on: December 25, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
Is castrating yourself and becoming female for religious purposes really relevant in the modern context of trans stuff?
serge

agrajag

« Reply #7551 on: December 25, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »
Is it fair to call Caitlyn Jenner an athlete? I know Bruce Jenner was, 40 years ago. Let's not pretend that Caitlyn doing a nude spread in SI has anything to do with sports.

Well no "nude spread" ever happened; so that's both my confusion and a confusing conversation to begin with since no magazine ever planned to even do this.

But for those "The Body" issues that I was thinking of; they've one a ton of stuff.. incuding retired athletes.

Yeah, I know. Shame on me for not verifying Chapelle's info,  :lol

But yeah, he seems to have a personal thing with transsexuals. That he did a whole series of jokes,and without punchlines, more of a tirade than anything  kind of cements that. If he went on a tirade like that against gays there would be a much larger public backlash.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7552 on: December 25, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »

t. He hasn't played Persona 2 and has read the story on the wiki.

Yes, Persona 2, in which one character is gay the main character is bi (And this is not counting some NPCs, like the Genie). They are not shamed for it, there is not "lele, are you going to rape us at night Jun". There is a serious story going on, and one of the most important characters is gay. What confuses you?

Bro, I've played Persona 2. Both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. Get out of here with this meme shit.

There is only two lines about Tatsuya being "gay" in IS and it's entirely ignored in EP. Yes, it may not be going "LOL ARE YOU GONNA RAPE US KANJI" like Yosuke in Persona 4, but better treatment of homosexuality is a huge stretch. Jun is implied IIRC and never explicitly stated unless you choose the "I have eyes only for Jun" line when Lisa asks.

So again: :girlaff Go back to REEEEEE, please.

agrajag

« Reply #7553 on: December 25, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »
Is castrating yourself and becoming female for religious purposes really relevant in the modern context of trans stuff?

They are just one example; I brought them up because they actually went through with castration.  If you think some of those people weren't actually trans, I don't know what to tell you.. how do you think a fucked up religion like that gets created in the first place?  Either way there have been trans people throughout history.

Is there evidence they believed they were a woman trapped in a man's body?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7554 on: December 25, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »

They are just one example; I brought them up because they actually went through with castration.  If you think some of those people weren't actually trans, I don't know what to tell you.. how do you think a fucked up religion like that gets created in the first place?  Either way there have been trans people throughout history.

The Hale Boppers didn’t castrate themselves until far into their existence. Religious nutters can be convinced to do anything.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7555 on: December 25, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
And there were trans people in ancient times.  Look it up or something; or don't.

Hahahha. See, Dave is right. Most people don't even know what trans means.

So ancient greek males who castrated themselves and refered to themselves as females weren't trans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history#Ancient_Greece

In Ancient Greece and Phrygia, and later in the Roman Republic, the Goddess Cybele was worshiped by a cult of people who castrated themselves, and thereafter took female dress and referred to themselves as female.

Not the only example either; how about back up your bullshit?

Or disapear for a few days and not respond like you usually do.
You're so fucking stupid it's not even funny. Nice example. You backed up Dave's point for me.  :playa

jorma

« Reply #7556 on: December 25, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
But if we accept that people are being born in the wrong body today, how is it even possible to argue that they weren't 4000 years ago as well? We're almost exactly the same homo sapiens they were.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7557 on: December 25, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »

Didn’t the original Catherine had a likeable trans character? Everyone seems to forget that she exist now that there is a updated release.

Erica herself is great, what people take issue with is that the rest of the cast doesn't really accept her identity and never gets called out for it.

benjipwns

« Reply #7558 on: December 25, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
The Hale Boppers didn’t castrate themselves until far into their existence. Religious nutters can be convinced to do anything.
Please don't slander religions and its followers on The Bore, that was only a few members who did that as they believed it necessary to the ascetic lifestyle required.

benjipwns

« Reply #7559 on: December 25, 2017, 06:16:13 PM »
Marshall Applewhite began his foray into biblical prophecy in the early 1970s. After being fired from the University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas over an alleged homosexual relationship with one of his students, he met Bonnie Nettles, a 44-year-old married nurse with an interest in theosophy and biblical prophecy, in March 1972. According to Applewhite's writings, the two met in the psychiatric hospital where she worked during his stay there and quickly became close friends. Applewhite later recalled that he felt like he had known Nettles for a long time and concluded that they had met in a past life. She told him their meeting had been foretold to her by extraterrestrials, persuading him that he had a divine assignment.
How did Heaven's Gate ever go wrong with such heartwarming and humble beginnings?!?