Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174445 times)

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7620 on: December 26, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »
have you seen what the Israelis DO to the Palestinians? It's hell living there.

I am sure it is hell for people on both sides. How many of you guys live in the region? Do you? Where do you get your information on the conflict from? Just as easy to post a ton of shit that the Palestinians have done to Israelis if you go media sources that go against your political grain.

No, I mean it's just awful living conditions. There is no debating or arguing that. They turn off the power and sanitation, for gods sakes. They don't let things like construction/building materials, food or medical  aid into the occupied Palestinian areas; what does get is limited. Medical treatment is difficult to come by. None of these basic human needs are readily or easily available. I'm not talking about the horror stories you can easily scrounge up about things like houses being bull dozed or soldiers shooting children. I'm referring the the actual living conditions happening there.

People living in Israel don't have to worry about that. At worst they have to fear a random terrorism incident or random shelling that usually misses its mark (or isn't intended to hit anything). Even the settlers in the occupied zones don't have the problems Palestinians have to regularly deal with.

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7621 on: December 26, 2017, 11:31:21 AM »
I'm confused. I'm accused of saying transphobia is light? When did I say that? Did I not say that Dave Chappelle's words were definitely transphobic but on the scale of transphobia they were pretty small? I'm pretty sure I implied that but hey, I wrote the original post at 3 am so maybe I'm wrong.

I have a real problem with assuming me voicing my opinions on trans matters means I'm trying to cozy up to people. That doesn't make any sense. I'm not Blaire White (I hate that bitch). Like the idea that any trans person who disagrees with the "community" is trying to get in graces with people who hate us? Like I haven't seen myself or Rise act like that. We legitimately feel we are doing this in the trans communities best self interests, which they don't seem to understand. It's whatever, though.

Rise have you read my post and the replies to it? Thoughts?
it's the literal cult-like behavior in action. you're either 100% with the dogma, or you're one of Them.

How do you think the trans community can break out of that mindset? Upending the umbrella? How do we break the chains?
(Image removed from quote.)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Honestly? Just stay away and let time take its course. These sorts of movements aren't built to last. Really, they're already falling apart imo. Like, the modern social justice movement and all its related splinters like the queer theory/10000 genders/biological sex isn't real if I say so people have lost the culture war. People universally laugh at "SJ Ws" everywhere outside of their echo chambers and even primetime childrens cartoons mock them.

It's not like we're the only ones that feel this way, and those like us increase in number every day (or maybe week, idk, there aren't that many tranners to begin with)
[close]

Girl, the first person who helped me locally is now truscum. She just popped in a truscum group out of nowhere and I'm like,"wow" because even she could be described as an sjw and even she's gone full on truscum.

Tucutes are losing this war I think.

When do you think they lost the war? Can you pick an exact moment? My pick? The moment tucutes lost the culture war is when they decided LANGUAGE IS VIOLENCE. Being called cheeseburger is not a violent act. Being misgendered is not a violent act. They can accompany violence but not in fact violence. Violence is being choked while being pushed against a door while some man threatens he will rape you. Violence is a man putting his hand down your shirt to feel your tits without asking at a bar because he sees you and other trans women as meat. Being called a cheeseburger is not violence. It can be acommpanied by violence but words are just words and no one person control language.

But you're right. It'll die down eventually and we will be left to pick up the pieces.

I am not hateful towards Nb's though. I read through my writing last night. And that's not hateful. That's just cutthroat language. Funny how it was described as hate speech at Reset. Hate speech has a real definition. Saying "all cheeseburgers MUST die!" is hate speech. Calling NBms a leftover fuckstain is not hate speech. It's being wild af. I definitely need to dial down the cut throat language regarding NB's, but I don't think it's hate speech. I should start to talk more nice to them but they irritate me. I need more patience.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7622 on: December 26, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »
TBH all the signs are there. Rise you're right in that modern social justice "movements" are already unraveling. I think most of them will be dead by 2020. In the mean time it's stated today's teenagers are more religious than millenials. I suspect Democrats will take the White House in 2020 and leave identity politics in the wind. So I'm going to predict the 2020's are a relatively conservative decade justice-wise. But I could be wrong with automation on the come up.
IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #7623 on: December 26, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
The Palestinians are a single monolithic block of Salafi Muslims, dont you know.
bent

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7625 on: December 26, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
I don’t buy into the whole nonbinary thing at all. I can recognize the need in english for a gender neutral way of referring to people but the whole concept of “I’m neither a man or a woman” is ridiculous and seems to have no validity once you get out of social science academia circles.

But I’m open to being wrong I suppose.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7626 on: December 26, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »
The peasants are rebelling again in that Pyra figurine thread.

I thought I was going to dislike Pyra but she is a pretty okey character in the game.

Mythra, in other hand...
They are both shit. Just like the game.

Himu

« Reply #7627 on: December 26, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »
I don’t buy into the whole nonbinary thing at all. I can recognize the need in english for a gender neutral way of referring to people but the whole concept of “I’m neither a man or a woman” is ridiculous and seems to have no validity once you get out of social science academia circles.

But I’m open to being wrong I suppose.

Google image search non-binary. It's just a bunch of cartoon stuff. Really weird. Then google image search transsexual.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7628 on: December 26, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
The peasants are rebelling again in that Pyra figurine thread.

I thought I was going to dislike Pyra but she is a pretty okey character in the game.

Mythra, in other hand...
They are both shit. Just like the game.

Wrong.
dog

archie4208

« Reply #7629 on: December 26, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
Morag best girl.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7630 on: December 26, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »

Thanks for the ammo, BBC.

etiolate

« Reply #7631 on: December 26, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »
I wonder if you're allowed to be a tomboy or if you get assigned some moniker like non-binary and it's actually harder to be seen as a girl than it was for tomboys?

« Reply #7632 on: December 26, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
What does non binary mean

etiolate

« Reply #7633 on: December 26, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »
It means you haven't figured yourself out.

Himu

« Reply #7634 on: December 26, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
That's not to say I don't think non-binary is a thing. I think it's real, but that doesn't stop the google image search thing from being hilarious. Cartoons and memes.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7635 on: December 26, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
It means you haven't figured yourself out.

I stand corrected. According to Google Image Search, it means you're Justin Bieber.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7636 on: December 26, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »
It means that instead of sticking your 1 into someone else's 0, you like sticking your Error - {mandatory info} missing: parameter missing into someone's Runtime error "6" overflow.

etiolate

« Reply #7637 on: December 26, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
It means that instead of sticking your 1 into someone else's 0, you like sticking your Error - {mandatory info} missing: parameter missing into someone's Runtime error "6" overflow.

Himu

« Reply #7638 on: December 26, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »
Two spirit makes more sense to me than non-binary.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7639 on: December 26, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
What? Like rum and whisky in the same glass?

Rise

« Reply #7640 on: December 26, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
Non-binary dysphoria is a thing that I respect but distinctly different from "I saw too much tumblr art with sexually ambiguous characters and decided to do that irl" non-binary.

But guess which one dominates the conversation.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7641 on: December 26, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
I'm not middle class, I'm fiscally non-binary.

i tried

Leadbelly

« Reply #7643 on: December 26, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2493484/
It's the same kind of argument you see disingenuous alt-righters make when they try to say shit like "HOW CAN YOU CARE ABOUT WOMEN HERE, WOMEN IN AFRICA HAVE IT WORSE".

Can these people go one single topic without invoking the alt-right into everything? There is nothing exclusively 'alt-right' about someone having an opinion contrary to your own.

Also:
"HOW CAN YOU CARE ABOUT WOMEN HERE, WOMEN IN AFRICA HAVE IT WORSE"

I think this is how Novel interprets certain comments about the trivialness of some feminist campaigns.

Something like, "There are women in the Middle East getting acid thrown in their faces, and Feminism's big concern right now is manspreading?"

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:35:11 PM by Leadbelly »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7644 on: December 26, 2017, 03:25:26 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the ammo, BBC.

Wait did they intentionally pair up female-assigned-at-birth with male-assigned-at-birth to be able to get dual gender perspectives, even though they're all supposed to be everything?
Uncle

counterhit

« Reply #7645 on: December 26, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
Everything non-binary I've seen is just "feminine", but with garbage taste in fashion and beauty.

Himu

« Reply #7646 on: December 26, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
"The goal is to make people care less about trans voices and trans issues."

I'm still curious about this. I thought it was obvious my post was directed specifically at the trans people in the thread. I very much care about trans issues, and bring attention to the fact that it is LEGAL TO KILL US IN 48 STATES pretty often. I just can't think of a more gross misunderstanding of my intent. I shot that guy/girl? a pm and haven't gotten a response. I'm still utterly confused by the accusations in that thread.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7647 on: December 26, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »

Cindi, why do you bother posting on RE?  You're just going to end up banned (again). 

I post on Reset Era because there are some things the Bore just ain't good at, like game discussion. Over here we mostly don't take games seriously, which is well and good but when I wanna discuss a games material or content in an actual serious manner, it's not so good. So I can make a write up on Chrono Cross and have a decent discussion. I also post because I find my positions legitimate and see no reason why I should be scared of expressing them. I don't really post much. I just post when I feel like it. After the Christian thread I made I kind of just take it for what it is. I've tried blogging but don't have anyone to exchange ideas with, and it feels like a tortuous black hole. I could try SA but SA isn't about that "make that random topic and talk about it" kind of thing. If you have any alternatives, I'd be pleased to read them because I'm sure the people of Reset would glad to be spared my presence.

I guess I could try Reddit. IDK. There are just certain things Discord and the like aren't good at that keep boards relevant to me. I guess I try my hand at blogging and then posting the links to Reddit instead. I could try pasting my Chrono Cross write up, putting it on Medium, and posting it r/truegaming.

Like I have some fun ideas for stuff I want to write. Like forgotten/unknown Japanese exclusive games like Ganbare Goemon 4 and stuff. Maybe I don't think need to leave forums entirely and just move to something more my style like hardcoregaming101.
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7648 on: December 26, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
You’re never going to get a response since you asked in a PM. If they can’t use your comment as a reason to peacock around, there’s no point in replying to you.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7649 on: December 26, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
Resetera good at game discussion? What forum are you reading? The last time I had a proper discussion about games was back on Gametrailers when they still had the faction system in place. (Basically users got to make their own private forums within the forum.)

Himu

« Reply #7650 on: December 26, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
Resetera good at game discussion? What forum are you reading? The last time I had a proper discussion about games was back on Gametrailers when they still had the faction system in place. (Basically users got to make their own private forums within the forum.)

Never said Reset Era is good at game discussion. But it's better than The Bore if you want to talk about games in a more serious manner.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7651 on: December 26, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »
I get good game discussions in communities not set up for game discussion. Like a sports forum where people don't BS or fanboy and just tell you what they liked and didn't like.

I haven't spent much time in general game subreddits. I mostly visit the game specific subreddits for info and discussion.

Leadbelly

« Reply #7652 on: December 26, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »
"The goal is to make people care less about trans voices and trans issues."

I'm still curious about this. I thought it was obvious my post was directed specifically at the trans people in the thread. I very much care about trans issues, and bring attention to the fact that it is LEGAL TO KILL US IN 48 STATES pretty often. I just can't think of a more gross misunderstanding of my intent. I shot that guy/girl? a pm and haven't gotten a response. I'm still utterly confused by the accusations in that thread.

It's the same reason they constantly bring up the 'alt-right'. It is simpy a way to dismiss the arguments of their opponents. I think it is also related to the whole arguing in 'bad faith' that seems to come up all the time with these people.

it is an attempt to explain why it is so many people seem to be against their views. There is always a possibility that there is some validity to their opponents arguments and that must enter their mind at some point. That sort of self-reflection is not a comfortable place to be in, especially when it has become everything they stand for. So instead they present their opponents as motivated purely by hate. That way they can dismiss their arguments without ever having to consider them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:17:22 PM by Leadbelly »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7653 on: December 26, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »
There was a time when gaf was the place to talk about video games, and see all the news as it broke, even to be a part of a developing story.  At some point it became all about politics, even gaming side, and the splintering was a big wake up call that I don't really need gaf or reset in my life.  Except to watch them twist in the wind from here.

Sometimes I feel tempted to post on one or the other, chime in with some advice or opinion, but then I think, what is even the point?  I'm not going to have a valuable back and forth discussion with anyone, and even if I could why would I want to add to the site's value even in some small way?  It's just yelling into the void regardless.  Being one voice among hundreds to drive by post your favorite boss music or whatever.

If I'm going to contribute something positive or interesting I'll just do it on Reddit.  "Discussion" on Reddit is already pretty much in line with how I'd prefer to talk about things anyway.  That is, look at this cool thing, in this place devoted to collecting cool things on this subject.  Every subreddit is an echo chamber but I don't think they're negative examples of that, it's just diving into something you like with like-minded people.  At reset you're diving into subjects you like with people you can't stand, while more of them glower above you with red hammers.
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #7654 on: December 26, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
There was a time when gaf was the place to talk about video games, and see all the news as it broke, even to be a part of a developing story.  At some point it became all about politics, even gaming side, and the splintering was a big wake up call that I don't really need gaf or reset in my life.  Except to watch them twist in the wind from here.

Sometimes I feel tempted to post on one or the other, chime in with some advice or opinion, but then I think, what is even the point?  I'm not going to have a valuable back and forth discussion with anyone, and even if I could why would I want to add to the site's value even in some small way?  It's just yelling into the void regardless.  Being one voice among hundreds to drive by post your favorite boss music or whatever.

If I'm going to contribute something positive or interesting I'll just do it on Reddit.  "Discussion" on Reddit is already pretty much in line with how I'd prefer to talk about things anyway.  That is, look at this cool thing, in this place devoted to collecting cool things on this subject.  Every subreddit is an echo chamber but I don't think they're negative examples of that, it's just diving into something you like with like-minded people.  At reset you're diving into subjects you like with people you can't stand, while more of them glower above you with red hammers.

I don't like how Reddit's format can not foster longterm topics and I prefer not to talk to completely faceless others (even though it prevents up/downvote bias). I.e. I'm an old sack used to forums like this. When it comes to the community though, I found it way superior to REra, yeah (excluding the overall acceptance of piracy). I registered this year and only got heavily downvoted on one post iirc, got plenty good feedback on longer posts that certainly weren't just memes, nor lacking criticism for certain fanboy topics.  Stupid rednecks/racists are usually downvoted on r/games and even something like r/southpark - which just further confirms that gafrera contains the most paranoid fucks on the internet, considering how hard they falsely demonize (gaming) reddit for being altright meme heaven or whatever.

Himu

« Reply #7655 on: December 26, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »
Users aren't inherently faceless on Reddit. You can assign a flair. There's a guy on r/fighters who is really prominent. He has a specific flair icon (Kyosuke from Rival Schools/Project Justice) and you assign his avatar to him just like any other place. Check out r/jrpg I guess. https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7656 on: December 26, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
There is a portion of society currently behaving like prey animals. I would put gafreset in that group.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7657 on: December 26, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »
There is a portion of society currently behaving like prey animals. I would put gafreset in that group.

How do you reconcile that with the hyper aggression, to the point of sometimes advocating violence against people with different ideas from them?

I guess if they were actual "predator animals" they wouldn't turtle up and attempt to control the message in their tiny corner of the internet...instead they'd be out trying to make actual change in the real world.
Uncle

blaze

« Reply #7658 on: December 26, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »
one problem with game discussion of reset is they all think they're smart and their shit smells like roses.

etiolate

« Reply #7659 on: December 26, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

How do you reconcile that with the hyper aggression, to the point of sometimes advocating violence against people with different ideas from them?

I guess if they were actual "predator animals" they wouldn't turtle up and attempt to control the message in their tiny corner of the internet...instead they'd be out trying to make actual change in the real world.

I said they were the prey animals, not predator animals.

They are only hyper aggressive within their own group where they aren't truly threatened. They do not face their perceived predators. There is no David vs Goliath within them. When a dangerous idea or thought is presented to them, they instead signal, which calls in the authority of the in-group or calls in the rest of the herd.

Look at the nature of a purposeful thread derrail and then look at first animal within a prey herd to make a warning call when they spot a predator. The point of each action is to call attention to a danger to the group and remove it. A threatening idea is the same as a threatening creature to them.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7660 on: December 26, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

They are only hyper aggressive within their own group where they aren't truly threatened. They do not face their perceived predators. There is no David vs Goliath within them. When a dangerous idea or thought is presented to them, they instead signal, which calls in the authority of the in-group or calls in the rest of the herd.

Look at the nature of a purposeful thread derrail and then look at first animal within a prey herd to make a warning call when they spot a predator. The point of each action is to call attention to a danger to the group and remove it. A threatening idea is the same as a threatening creature to them.

:badass
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #7661 on: December 26, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »
From the thumbnails non-binary appears to mean “trans person that can’t pass and is too lazy to try”

bdoughty

« Reply #7662 on: December 26, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »
Resetera good at game discussion?

Well... Sometimes you gotta go where people actually discuss things you like.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2472826/

etiolate

« Reply #7663 on: December 26, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

Yes, like how the colo eomoji is used here. An aggressive thread derrail signals to the prey group "look at this" and triggers conditioned behavior with the prey animal group. Ignore/run/condemn.

It works the same as:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7664 on: December 26, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »

Yes, like how the colo eomoji is used here. An aggressive thread derrail signals to the prey group "look at this" and triggers conditioned behavior with the prey animal group. Ignore/run/condemn.

It works the same as:

:heh
dog

etiolate

« Reply #7665 on: December 26, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »
Prarie Dog barks  :uguu

etiolate

« Reply #7666 on: December 26, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #7667 on: December 26, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
Resetera good at game discussion?

Well... Sometimes you gotta go where people actually discuss things you like.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2472826/
I thought this forum stood for something, had a core ethos and unimpeachable values. Guess not. Disappointing but unsurprising in trump-era forum administering.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7668 on: December 26, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
Neogaf was good for games when a lot of insiders would post. Even as recent as a year or two ago you could regularly discuss Titanfall with the Respawn guys. Even they bounced.

There will never be another gaf like place for a very very long time.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7669 on: December 26, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
Neogaf was good for games when a lot of insiders would post. Even as recent as a year or two ago you could regularly discuss Titanfall with the Respawn guys. Even they bounced.

I don't think a central gathering place for insiders is as necessary as it used to be.  You can bump elbows with any celeb you like on Twitter now, or in Reddit AMAs, etc.  If you have a question for a developer you can just ask them.  If you want to know how the sausage is made a lot of devs are being really forthcoming in various articles, hashtags and such.  Leaks will still happen across the internet and they will still be 80% bullshit.

Even on gaf the devs didn't really have time to shoot the breeze, you'd get one post a month from the ones doing actual good work and it'd be half-PR anyway.  They just got endlessly quoted and promoted so it felt more significant than it was.  Gaf hasn't even had interesting NPD data for years, I remember all the drama surrounding whoever was leaking getting in trouble with the company, and coming to an agreement with them etc.
Uncle

Rman

« Reply #7670 on: December 26, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »

Cindi, why do you bother posting on RE?  You're just going to end up banned (again). 

I post on Reset Era because there are some things the Bore just ain't good at, like game discussion. Over here we mostly don't take games seriously, which is well and good but when I wanna discuss a games material or content in an actual serious manner, it's not so good. So I can make a write up on Chrono Cross and have a decent discussion. I also post because I find my positions legitimate and see no reason why I should be scared of expressing them. I don't really post much. I just post when I feel like it. After the Christian thread I made I kind of just take it for what it is. I've tried blogging but don't have anyone to exchange ideas with, and it feels like a tortuous black hole. I could try SA but SA isn't about that "make that random topic and talk about it" kind of thing. If you have any alternatives, I'd be pleased to read them because I'm sure the people of Reset would glad to be spared my presence.

I guess I could try Reddit. IDK. There are just certain things Discord and the like aren't good at that keep boards relevant to me. I guess I try my hand at blogging and then posting the links to Reddit instead. I could try pasting my Chrono Cross write up, putting it on Medium, and posting it r/truegaming.

Like I have some fun ideas for stuff I want to write. Like forgotten/unknown Japanese exclusive games like Ganbare Goemon 4 and stuff. Maybe I don't think need to leave forums entirely and just move to something more my style like hardcoregaming101.
Reset moves fast. That's about it.  Reset suffers from the same thing GAF did, all the best discussion is in the Communities or Hangouts.  The main boards are have tons of low-quality posts and posters.  The most active threads on the gaming side are focused on social justice topics.  I don't complain about those threads, but they're frankly boring.  I don't understand the love Jimquistion videos and Giant Bomb either. Those threads get tons of posts of views. 

Reset does shine in getting answers quickly on topics as well.  But it's GAF 2.0, with better moderation, and a more modern board interface.  Since it's GAF 2.0, I would avoid any testy social justice thread since it's basically an echochamber and you will be marked. I'm sure you already are!

I don't think a central gathering place for insiders is as necessary as it used to be.  You can bump elbows with any celeb you like on Twitter now, or in Reddit AMAs, etc.  If you have a question for a developer you can just ask them.  If you want to know how the sausage is made a lot of devs are being really forthcoming in various articles, hashtags and such.  Leaks will still happen across the internet and they will still be 80% bullshit.

Even on gaf the devs didn't really have time to shoot the breeze, you'd get one post a month from the ones doing actual good work and it'd be half-PR anyway.  They just got endlessly quoted and promoted so it felt more significant than it was.  Gaf hasn't even had interesting NPD data for years, I remember all the drama surrounding whoever was leaking getting in trouble with the company, and coming to an agreement with them etc.

Yep. Boards are ultra niche.  What the GAFxodus proved is that there is only small thousand or so true fans to fill the gaming forum niche. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:29:36 PM by Rman »

nudemacusers

« Reply #7671 on: December 26, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/more-pregnant-women-are-using-pot-study-finds.12787/

As a professional breeder this thread is hilarious.

“I dunno I think we need more research, not enough low birth weight and developmentally stunted babies to be conclusive”  :derp
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7672 on: December 26, 2017, 10:10:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/more-pregnant-women-are-using-pot-study-finds.12787/

“I dunno I think we need more research, not enough low birth weight and developmentally stunted babies to be conclusive”  :derp

At least the father can have all the pot he wants.  :pimp
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #7673 on: December 26, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Plus the sympathy eating :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7674 on: December 26, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »

How stunted are we talking?

Oblivion? etiolate? Iphone user?

Clockwork5

« Reply #7675 on: December 26, 2017, 11:03:32 PM »

You may think I'm joking but I would rather go to gameFAQs to talk about specific games than resetera. The main drawback of that place isn't the community, as some would have you believe, rather it can be hard to get good discussions going about older games, like a Chrono Cross for example. Regardless, if I have to choose between the toxicity of gamefaqs or the toxicity of GAF/resetera I'll take gamefaqs every time. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7676 on: December 26, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
You're not crazy, GameFAQs can actually be a decent place for discussion.  Especially for niche games that might not even have an active subreddit.
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7677 on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:51 PM »

You may think I'm joking but I would rather go to gameFAQs to talk about specific games than resetera. The main drawback of that place isn't the community, as some would have you believe, rather it can be hard to get good discussions going about older games, like a Chrono Cross for example. Regardless, if I have to choose between the toxicity of gamefaqs or the toxicity of GAF/resetera I'll take gamefaqs every time. 
Gamefaqs game discussions descends to special fellow levels where people are talking about the exact pixel you need to hit with millisecond timing and how to min-max your char effectively while fucking up any enjoyment you could have (used to occasionally browse the monster hunter forums) whereas reegaf is a race to be the first to find something offensive and derail game discussion into perpetual blaming and virtue signalling.

pick your poison.  :yeshrug

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #7678 on: December 26, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »
Plus the sympathy eating :lawd

I don’t need pot to sympathy eat. Or a wife for that matter.
WDW

Jansen

« Reply #7679 on: December 26, 2017, 11:59:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/figuring-out-a-better-way-to-talk-about-character-designs.12799/

Quote from: TC McQueen
There've been a lot of threads about character design in the last month (see below) and they got me thinking about how hard it seems for people to convey why they do or don't like a design.

Something that stood out in my mind was a certain kind of graph/chart that used five or six categories and arranged them in a pentagon/hexagon so that you could see the strength weakness distribution. This is used in AMD Ryzen marketing materials, The Evil Within 2's leveling menu, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:

So if we had to break down character designs into six categories, what would they be, since they have to apply equally to all characters (even non-human ones)?

Here's what I've got:
Practicality - this one is pretty self-explanatory: is this design practical in general?
Appropriateness - does this design fit the story/premise/character?
Originality/Distinctiveness - does this design standout from a crowd?

Obviously, there needs to be a way to factor in things like sex appeal and coolness, which are really hard to define, but there's also something I'm probably missing, since I only got five out of six filled. But maybe we only need five categories - what do you guys think?

:insane