Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174568 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #8040 on: December 31, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
This is why I love The Bore.  No one is banned, they're just bludgeoned to death lol.
Did i get jumped by a bunch of trans?   :omg

I appreciate thisismyusername coming out and actually explaining things, unlike Cindi just automatically assuming everyone loves dick. :doge

:kobeyuck :snoop :what

Disgusting.

What did you want me to even explain? You went on random tangents about Caitlyn fucking Jenner! You ask question respectfully, I will answer. But if you're going to act like a weirdo like last page then you're shit out of luck.
IYKYK

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #8041 on: December 31, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »
Nintendo is rather progressive with having women in lead roles in Japan. Something that not even Western gaming companies have done as well.

All Japanese games have been like that.

But this is my point. Nintendo is a family oriented company. Even then they're pretty progressive for a few qualities like the Animal Crossing series in general. Why would you not expect at least some conservatism with a fucking family company?
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #8042 on: December 31, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
the Xbox One's interface is baffling in how bad it is. you have to warp your brain into knots to figure out it's logic, and not a single annoying thing on any other system competes. they're all ingenious compared to the XBO

The worst part is they change it every other year to make it more and more confusing.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8043 on: December 31, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Just say "Hey Cortana play (whatever game/app you want to use)" and it does it. Doesn't get easier than that. :trumps

Himu

« Reply #8044 on: December 31, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »
Someone please post the transphobic jokes Chappelle said on his specials. What did he say?!

Please.

お願いしまーす. マジで.
IYKYK

Averon

« Reply #8045 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:13 PM »
Reset was always GAF 2.0. It is literally 90% of GAF's original userbase supplanted on a forum using software that isn't nearly a decade out of date. Those first couple of weeks of sensible moderating (in comparison to GAF) really blinded a lot people. We were so used to GAF terrible moderation that a few examples of sensible moderation from Reset seemed like a revelation.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8046 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
well obviously not. you'd have to say "hey cortana bing child brides" and it'd do the rest

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8047 on: December 31, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »
:trumps

Himu

« Reply #8048 on: December 31, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »
Just say "Hey Cortana play (whatever game/app you want to use)" and it does it. Doesn't get easier than that. :trumps

And let Microsoft SPY on us?!

IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8049 on: December 31, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »
Someone please post the transphobic jokes Chappelle said on his specials. What did he say?!

(Image removed from quote.)

Please.

お願いしまーす. マジで.

Far far from it.

Just go watch it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8050 on: December 31, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
if anything microsoft has learned that i basically only use their dumb console to watch wwe and twitch :lol giantbomb and a few other things too. it's actually a pretty good media box. you can stream stuff to it from your pc/browser like a chromecast too

Himu

« Reply #8051 on: December 31, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »

Please.

お願いしまーす. マジで.

Far far from it.

Just go watch it.

This coming from you. :neogaf
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8052 on: December 31, 2017, 02:20:12 PM »
Just started watching the first of the two new Chappelle specials and he's going on about how he wants to stop doing comedy because of how everyone has become overly-sensitive pussy and gets offended by everything.  It felt like he was talking directly to the Neogaf/Resetera crowd.  :lol

Oh snap, here he goes about the transgender community hating him! :hyper
ど助平

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8053 on: December 31, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »

Please.

お願いしまーす. マジで.

Far far from it.

Just go watch it.

This coming from you. :neogaf

What's transphobia to you?

Himu

« Reply #8054 on: December 31, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
To be fair, the man been kinda old and washed up for a while tbh. Maybe it's for the best? :idont
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8055 on: December 31, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
To be fair, the man been kinda old and washed up for a while tbh. Maybe it's for the best? :idont

Nah.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #8056 on: December 31, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »
if anything microsoft has learned that i basically only use their dumb console to watch wwe and twitch :lol giantbomb and a few other things too. it's actually a pretty good media box. you can stream stuff to it from your pc/browser like a chromecast too

But what if Cortana picks up stray words while you merely think she's off? Words such as,"weed","marijuana", "rainbow", "problematic", "toxic", and "anal sex?" Have any ads for gay weed dispensaries lately for you and the wife and cats, Nachosis?!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8057 on: December 31, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
Holy shit  :lol  He is going to piss off the trans community even more here. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #8058 on: December 31, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
GIVE ME JOKE TRANSCRIPTIONS
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #8059 on: December 31, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »
This always ends with Cindi adjusting her "how much sex I'd give Dave" scale.

Himu

« Reply #8060 on: December 31, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
This always ends with Cindi adjusting her "how much sex I'd give Dave" scale.

???

What in the fuck is he talking about? Anyone else?

I need those transcripts :stahp
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8061 on: December 31, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »
But what if Cortana picks up stray words while you merely think she's off? Words such as,"weed","marijuana", "rainbow", "problematic", "toxic", and "anal sex?" Have any ads for gay weed dispensaries lately for you and the wife and cats, Nachosis?!
i bet microsoft wishes they could use cortana for that purpose. every ad on the xbox is for dew, doritos, or begging me to buy xbl gold. an anal sex emporium/weed dispensary combo store would be a lot more interesting than any of those other three.

it's definitely on and scanning all the time though. it signs us in as soon as it sees our faces (even in the dark), which is equally useful and creepy.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8062 on: December 31, 2017, 02:35:46 PM »

A guy who didn't put out any material for a decade, then put out FOUR specials in a year is old and washed up. Lol.

And apparently  "The deal apparently paid off for Netflix, as the company announced in April that Chappelle’s specials were the most-watched comedy specials in the streaming video service’s history." http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/18/netflix-dave-chappelle-specials-records/

Himu

« Reply #8063 on: December 31, 2017, 02:37:16 PM »
Why don't you just watch the fucking show, shit

Fine. I will. It better be funny. I'm catching up on Dragon Ball Super while nurse this cold. 
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8064 on: December 31, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »
Yup, it's a whole bit and it's a little long.  He also has stuff to say about Rachel Dolezal in there.  He makes jokes about everybody...different groups, races, and yes, transgender.   It is hilarious that people are going to get upset over that but not have a problem with anything else. (Which is kind of what he's going off on- he also went on about how an Asian woman got all pissed off at him for clowning around about her being married to someone from another race and then pointed out that yes...he is married to an Asian woman too, lol.)  Welcome to comedy.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #8065 on: December 31, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
i bet microsoft wishes they could use cortana for that purpose. every ad on the xbox is for dew, doritos, or begging me to buy xbl gold. an anal sex emporium/weed dispensary combo store would be a lot more interesting than any of those other three.

it's definitely on and scanning all the time though. it signs us in as soon as it sees our faces (even in the dark), which is equally useful and creepy.

Sounds like HAL. :kobeyuck Is there a red light on to signal that it's Cortana?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8066 on: December 31, 2017, 02:47:24 PM »
Himu, this might be the best summary of what he has to say:

"[I asked myself] Man, Dave, if you're writing all these jokes, do you have a problem with transgender people?  And the answer is 'absolutely not'.  The fuck do you guys think I am?  I don't understand all the choices that people make, but I do understand that life is hard and that those types of choices do not disqualify you from a life with dignity and happiness and safety in it. 

(Applause)

But if I'm honest...

(Laughter)

My problem has never been with transgender people.  My problem has always been with the dialogue ABOUT transgender people.  I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks.  It's fucking insulting how it's about how all these people feel inside.  Since when has America given a FUCK about how *any* of us feel inside?  And I cannot shake this awful suspicion that the only reason everyone is talking about transgenders is because white men want do it.  That's right.  I just said that.

If it was just women that felt that way, or black dudes or Mexican dudes being like 'hey ya'll, we feel like girls inside,' they'd be like [white guy voice] 'shut up nigg3r ,no one asked you how you felt.  Come on everybody, we have strawberries to pick.'

It reeks of white privilege-- you never asked yourself why it was easier for Bruce Jenner to change his gender than it was for Cassius Clay to change his fucking name?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:51:28 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Jansen

Himu

« Reply #8068 on: December 31, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »
OMG that shit has my fucking trigger. I'm not watching this! :lol If I watched this I would throw my shoe against my tv! :lol He hasn't learned shit since the first special, which is to say, black trans people exist and we are at the lowest levels of society you dumb ass!

I can't watch. My one trigger. It makes me furious! :lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #8069 on: December 31, 2017, 02:54:28 PM »
This nicca really said trans people are all white.

What world is he living in? Like, even as a black person, that joke ain't even funny. Is Dave still making these jokes for cac audiences?

That displays an embarrassing lack of self awareness. He sounds so butt fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. :lol

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8070 on: December 31, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
I'm not gonna type of out the last part but he makes a joke about how he danced with a trans woman and had no idea, then noticed her knuckles and flipped out, with people taking video and yelling "Worldstar!"  The woman got upset when he asked why she didn't tell him and then he kept dancing with her and they had breakfast the next morning.  He told the crowd "that doesn't make me gay...I just titty fucked her!"  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8071 on: December 31, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »

What world is he living in? Like, even as a black person, that joke ain't even funny. Is Dave still making these jokes for cac audiences?

That displays an embarrassing lack of self awareness.

No, he didn't.  It's kind of ridiculous to make assumptions like this based on little bits of information and not having watched it. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #8072 on: December 31, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »

That displays an embarrassing lack of self awareness.

No, he didn't.  It's kind of ridiculous to make assumptions like this based on little bits of information and not having watched it. 

Himu, this might be the best summary of what he has to say:

"[I asked myself] Man, Dave, if you're writing all these jokes, do you have a problem with transgender people?  And the answer is 'absolutely not'.  The fuck do you guys think I am?  I don't understand all the choices that people make, but I do understand that life is hard and that those types of choices do not disqualify you from a life with dignity and happiness and safety in it. 

(Applause)

But if I'm honest...

(Laughter)

My problem has never been with transgender people.  My problem has always been with the dialogue ABOUT transgender people. I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks.  It's fucking insulting how it's about how all these people feel inside.  Since when has America given a FUCK about how *any* of us feel inside?  And I cannot shake this awful suspicion that the only reason everyone is talking about transgenders is because white men want do it.  That's right.  I just said that.

If it was just women that felt that way, or black dudes or Mexican dudes being like 'hey ya'll, we feel like girls inside,' they'd be like [white guy voice] 'shut up nigg3r ,no one asked you how you felt.  Come on everybody, we have strawberries to pick.'

It reeks of white privilege-- you never asked yourself why it was easier for Bruce Jenner to change his gender than it was for Cassius Clay to change his fucking name?"

:confused
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8073 on: December 31, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
Cindi, maybe that hormone therapy is fucking with your cognitive abilities.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8074 on: December 31, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
He's talking about it being so prevalent in the media.  You know...making a joke?  It's a comedy special. 

I literally gave you a snippet of what he said.  It's not the whole thing...go watch it.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8075 on: December 31, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
There's a big glowing Xbox logo on it (again, creepy) and three little red dots you can see that I think are related to the IR (but also creepy).

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8076 on: December 31, 2017, 03:00:57 PM »
I wonder if Cindi realizes the percentage of transgender identifying individuals is something like 55% white/non-hispanic  :rofl

Himu

« Reply #8077 on: December 31, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »
I wonder if Assimilate realizes that whites are the majority of the country. And there's no real way to get conclusive data on the trans community because many ghost, go full stealth, or will just say,"I'm not trans. Bye." So even those percentages are pretty shaky and unreliable given we don't even know how many trans people there are. It's almost like you're willingly a moron.

He's talking about it being so prevalent in the media.  You know...making a joke?  It's a comedy special. 

I literally gave you a snippet of what he said.  It's not the whole thing...go watch it.

Okay. I will watch it. And then I will gladly tear it apart.   :patel
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #8078 on: December 31, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
There's a big glowing Xbox logo on it (again, creepy) and three little red dots you can see that I think are related to the IR (but also creepy).

That *is* pretty creepy.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8079 on: December 31, 2017, 03:19:37 PM »
I wonder if Assimilate realizes that whites are the majority of the country. And there's no real way to get conclusive data on the trans community because many ghost, go full stealth, or will just say,"I'm not trans. Bye." So even those percentages are pretty shaky and unreliable given we don't even know how many trans people there are. It's almost like you're willingly a moron.

You're baffling. That's the whole point of the fucking joke, it's irrelevant that majority of the country is white. What does that have anything to do with it? If it's perceived as a "white male privilege" than that's why it's getting the attention it is getting. That's the point of his fucking joke.

FUCK  :mindblown

Himu

« Reply #8080 on: December 31, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »
Stay mad, asshole! :sabu
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8081 on: December 31, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Okay. I will watch it. And then I will gladly tear it apart.   :patel

OK, good.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why did I bother typing that all out if you can watch it?
:neogaf
[close]
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8082 on: December 31, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »

That displays an embarrassing lack of self awareness. He sounds so butt fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. :lol

I think what Dave meant is that the recent, more open acceptance, which Caitlyn Jenner received, reeks of white privilege. I don't think you see that happen for black trans people.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8083 on: December 31, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »
I should have just posted this, from the start of special #2:

"Sometimes, the funniest thing to say is mean.  You know what I mean?  It's a tough position to be in.    So I say a lot of mean things- but you guys got to remember, I'm not saying it to be mean....I'm saying it because it's funny.  And everything's funny...'til it happens to you."
ど助平

etiolate

« Reply #8084 on: December 31, 2017, 03:41:04 PM »
I think having to explain comedy to people is rather sad.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8085 on: December 31, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
I think having to explain comedy to people is rather sad.

It is indeed.  But that is the world we live in today.  :-\
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #8086 on: December 31, 2017, 03:59:25 PM »
Cindy. Just watch it. No Netflix access?  Everyone has their take on his special and I can bet my life that most complaining hasn't watched the recent ones. 

Dos Locos can post what he saw, but you're still missing stuff by using secondhand accounts.

Himu

« Reply #8087 on: December 31, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
Huh. The special was dope. Dos' description was a poor one. I still think the white privilege joke bombed for me, but not every joke is gonna work. Dave is so passionate towards Trump. :lol

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8088 on: December 31, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »
Huh. The special was dope. Dos' description was a poor one.

I literally typed out what he said.   :lol

You flipped out.  My mistake was doing that in the first place...lesson learned.  :doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #8089 on: December 31, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »

I think what Dave meant is that the recent, more open acceptance, which Caitlyn Jenner received, reeks of white privilege. I don't think you see that happen for black trans people.

Hard r?

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #8090 on: December 31, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
Huh. The special was dope. Dos' description was a poor one.

I literally typed out what he said.   :lol

You flipped out.  My mistake was doing that in the first place...lesson learned.  :doge

It's my trigger Dos. I'm  telling you. It infuriates me.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8091 on: December 31, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »
I can't fathom how anyone watching Bird Revelation can say this guy has any type of "phobia".

He's completely tuned in.

We need more of this.

Himu

« Reply #8092 on: December 31, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
Best part of the special was when he was talking about niccas like Nas and the PJs. I feel like such a disconnect with that stuff because I grew up middle class. I know exactly where you're coming from Dave!

I bet PD would love that joke.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #8093 on: December 31, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #8094 on: December 31, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »

:confused Where are you getting that from, sweetie?

Let me highlight where the white folks bit comes in:

the only reason everyone is talking about transgenders is because white men want do it.  That's right.  I just said that.

"The only reason we're talking about transgender folks is because white men care about them" is what he's saying. He's not saying every transgender person is white, he's saying that the only reason we're having this conversation is because "white men care."

(Late post)

I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks.

I do agree with the :confused bit here, but on one hand I can understand where he's coming from. Black LGBT are on the "down-low" in general, there's this huge "black masculinity" thing that makes gay issues a "shut the fuck up taco" thing within that community.

Exactly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:50:36 PM by thisismyusername »

Jansen

« Reply #8095 on: December 31, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2695783/

Quote from: J tourettes
I see the forum has now well and truly jumped the shark, not that it hasn't been riding its back for a while.

Mods/admin should give up any pretence of it still being a gaming forum. If it isn't every gaming thread being invaded with irrelevant shit about shoe horning 'diversity' into games, merely as tokenism, rather than wanting original games with well written minority characters, it's complaining about clothing.

In off topic, we're now being being told what is and isn't funny, if we dare to try and view a joke subjectively, BAN!

This forum is the worst of the worst, paedo defence force and completely off the deep end transgender people, who are shoving left leaning people away at a crazy rate.

Maybe it's just me but if you identify as a female you should have a shave, maybe paint your nails, speak in a higher pitched voice and sort your fucking hair out. It used to be the aim to pass, not just to put on a dress whilst having a beard and then getting offended if you're misgendered.

Himu

« Reply #8096 on: December 31, 2017, 06:11:38 PM »
That nicca warned y'all, he said he had tourettes. He can't help himself!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #8097 on: December 31, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »

:confused Where are you getting that from, sweetie?

Let me highlight where the white folks bit comes in:

the only reason everyone is talking about transgenders is because white men want do it.  That's right.  I just said that.

"The only reason we're talking about transgender folks is because white men care about them" is what he's saying. He's not saying every transgender person is white, he's saying that the only reason we're having this conversation is because "white men care."

(Late post)

I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks.

I do agree with the :confused bit here, but on one hand I can understand where he's coming from. Black LGBT are on the "down-low" in general, there's this huge "black masculinity" thing that makes gay issues a "shut the fuck up taco" thing within that community.

Exactly.

Sorry bro but "I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks" how else was I supposed to read the shit other than,"only white people are trans"? Then the note about white privilege. I told you it's my trigger. I am dead serious.

Like, I'm cool with everything else but I become a softie the second he presumes that the trans thing is a white creation. I'm sorry, but I have spent too much time around smart dumb hotep like niccas for me to at least consider that conclusion. PD know what I'm talking about.
IYKYK

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #8098 on: December 31, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
Can someone explain something to me...

Look, I'm not transphobic.  Life is too busy to care about what gender people you've never met are.  Now that that disclaimer is outta the way I gotta ask -- why is ERA so heavily focused on transgender people?  They're like 1% of the population, am I right?  Yet this forum has these absolutely massive 20, 30, 40, 50/ page threads about literally anything related to transgender.

Games, movies, TV, Dave Chapelle, it's amazing.  It feels like half the staff is trans as well -- I know that's not true but in terms of activity and the warnings and posts you see from the staff, like half of them are from trans people, which doesn't matter I guess so I'm not sure where I'm goin' with that.

Are trans issues the new, hot persecuted minority group or what?  Gay rights have improved considerably, including marriage.  No one cares if you're gay or not unless your'e a bible thumper or some hick in 'Bama.  I'm practically gay myself.  Black people had their moment in the Sun for the past few years with Ferguson, BLM, the statue thing, etc.  So I guess it's on to the next one to increase your virtue score, am I right? 

Makes me wonder what's after transgender issues.  Transracial?  We gonna do that or what?

Look, it's just so........ unlike the real world.... when I read Resetera.  Transgender issues and stuff are such a dominant source of discussion that it makes me furrow the shit outta my brows.  It's just bizarre.  They're like 1 or 2% of the population.  Fifty fucking pages on Dave Chappelle's transphobic comments in his new comedy specials, yet when you walk outside into the real world, it's a complete contrast.  I just don't get it.

Once again, I support transgender people.  I've creampied Shidoshi several times over the past few months.  I don't care who uses which bathroom.  I know gender dysphoria is real and scientifically verified. 
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #8099 on: December 31, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
:btw an enormous bottle of white zinfandel is currently in play
hey