Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174736 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
I'm pretty sure hashtagrekt is clothedmacusers actually lol
每天生气

Marhunchy

Did someone really wrote that Vader's mom was raped by the force?  :doge :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Listen I use shampoo and conditioner rarely and never use soap.

I also never excercise and am pretty much always in an air conditioned room tho
didnt you talk up your teeth on gaf but they were yellow?

My teeth are the 32 most beautiful objects on earth

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Did someone really wrote that Vader's mom was raped by the force?  :doge :doge

The force is inside all of us.  It surrounds us and binds us.

We are all continually being raped by the force.
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
From my point of view the victim is evil

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jon-bernthal-to-alt-right-punisher-fans-fuck-them.14236/

This thread.

:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

a) Deifying another celebrity who can turn around and become another Hollywood rapist. Queue the "NOT HIM" mental breakdowns.

b) "Fuck them" WOW SO BRAVE! A TRUE HERO!

It's funny how they go off on celebrities or Anita Sarkw/e dropping occasional profanities against rightwingers. If you wouldn't be pc policing so embarrassingly hard, this wouldn't exactly be "brave" in the first place. I insult far rightwingers all the time  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Is this considered being literate in the states? I'm maybe not the best person to raise this, I am however multilingual and my English is at least better than this.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
God raped mary too

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
That's just slang, man. I can understand getting at slayven for some shit, but not that.
I dont see slang I see completely broken English. It took me a few reads to figure out the sentence starts as 'No, ..' or 'No. ...'
Was reading it like 'No horses were harmed during the filming of Star Wars'

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Who was the GAF girl that became webcam girl? Koshiba?

This was never answered.  :doge
©ZH

seagrams hotsauce

That's just slang, man. I can understand getting at slayven for some shit, but not that.
I dont see slang I see completely broken English. It took me a few reads to figure out the sentence starts as 'No, ..' or 'No. ...'
Was reading it like 'No horses were harmed during the filming of Star Wars'

Cmon missing a comma isn't 'completely broken english'. If this upsets you I think you would lose your fucking mind in the Bayou lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I'm generally not the type to bitch about tiny things. The comma by itself wasnt the deal breaker, it's the lack of apostrophe and then directly going into slang (that i'm not exposed to all day like you folks may be) that breaks it for me. I took pause once, twice and then when I thought I had a handle on it, there's the added cherry of a dialect I had to decipher. Why are we even typing sentences in dialect? If all of us were to do that it would get nutso fast.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:29:21 AM by Momo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Look it took me all of 5 seconds to decipher it, though it annoyed me enough to have had to reread a simple sentence so many times to grasp it to raise it as ire here. It's not super serious

seagrams hotsauce

W/e clinging to prescriptivism wrt language is only hamstringing yourself and questioning why people type in 'dialects' on the internet is just plain silly

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
W/e clinging to prescriptivism wrt language is only hamstringing yourself and questioning why people type in 'dialects' on the internet is just plain silly
You're entitled to an opinion.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Momo be yappin bout sum reglar ol bullshit.

Edit: User was banned for digital blackface.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Whatever, it's hard enough for me to know wtf you guys are talking about culturally half the time as someone from a completely different background to have to decipher poor English also. Don't really care about slang, that was a tertiary complaint here, but if this is going to devolve into more identity bullshit, please let it just end here.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:15:14 AM by Momo »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Did this get posted yet?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460293

Hah.  Oldgaf had threads like that regularly and they often didn't get locked.  I'm betting Tyler's really hurting now with the dropoff and suddenly cares a whole lot about ad revenue.
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Whatever, it's hard enough for me to know wtf you guys are talking about culturally half the time as someone from a completely different background to have to decipher poor English also. Don't really care about slang, that was a tertiary complaint here, but if this is going to devolve into more identity bullshit, please let it just end here.

bless up fam
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I would have reacted equally to this - even if i'm familiar with chav.

Okay - No, Punishers' always bin a thin' for police n' military
Okay - No. Punisher has always bin a thin' for police n' military
Not Okay - No Punisher always bin a thin' for police n' military

but not a problem for you guys, so whatever

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
okay
dog

Clockwork5

Neogaf

in 2018

:foodcourt
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1460247
Happy New Year all.

On another note, it's so sad how dead this place is now. Less than 20 posts in a New Year thread.

:crybaby

Tasty

Happy New Year to the last of us (and to the new members alike)!

2017 was bumpy. 2018 is going to be GREAT!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Happy New Year to the last of us (and to the new members alike)!

2017 was bumpy. 2018 is going to be GREAT!

(Image removed from quote.)

WTF I didn't know there was another version of this image

Uncle

daemon

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2822123/

Yo. what.

This user is warned for this post: Defending practice of racism even if that practice stems from ignorance and not malice. Insulting the intelligence of fellow thread participants.

Leadbelly

Yeah. This being a typical post in that thread:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2829081/

Was a big fan of him ever since Walking Dead and this just confirms my opinion of him.
The responses are as if it is somehow a difficult thing to say. Like it is the elephant in the room that people aren't willing to touch. lol

Believing nazis are bad is kind of what you would expect of any decent human being. You have to be really quite delusional to act as if someone is going against the norm or at least sticking their neck out by saying that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2822123/

Yo. what.

This user is warned for this post: Defending practice of racism even if that practice stems from ignorance and not malice. Insulting the intelligence of fellow thread participants.

USER WAS WARNED FOR NOT CHECKING POSTS ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. :P

I love his follow-up post.  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan-era-ot-we-all-%E3%81%8A%E7%AE%B8%E4%B8%8A%E6%89%8B-and-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%83%9A%E3%83%A9%E3%83%9A%E3%83%A9-in-here.1621/page-4
Quote from: hashtagrekt, post: 2822123, member: 9768

Because admitting that such ridiculous training as you call it should ever be used in an international context is frankly..not intelligent. Hence why Aizo was rightfully called out by the twitter people. And this whole convo is about foreigners in Japan trying to wrongfully do as such. Of which I am indeed a foreigner. But definitely not of the ilk that would push their opinions on a culture. Calling hama-chan ignorant is flagrantly stupid.

Quote from: hashtagrekt, post: 2822559, member: 9768

lol at sprsk reporting me, a black man, for defending racism..lawd

:lol
ど助平

kingv

This place is different. It's loose and rude, but it seems like people mostly like each other (deep down, maybe?).

Oh no, no, we fucking hate each others' guts.

But love each other’s dicks.

Leadbelly

Yeah. This being a typical post in that thread:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2829081/

Was a big fan of him ever since Walking Dead and this just confirms my opinion of him.
The responses are as if it is somehow a difficult thing to say. Like it is the elephant in the room that people aren't willing to touch. lol

Believing nazis are bad is kind of what you would expect of any decent human being. You have to be really quite delusional to act as if someone is going against the norm or at least sticking their neck out by saying that.

Goes hand in hand with the inverse;  when someone is found out to be a sexual assaulter or whatever.. "I never liked him, I knew there was something off about him!"

Usually all based on.. acting roles.  As if you can tell a human being's worth from them.  It's more about this weird need to pat yourself on the back and turn stories into something about yourself than anything else.

There is a term for that. Although, it gets used so much these days you kind of shy away from saying it.

Virtue Signalling.

Pills Here

Hi folks,
I'm Luna and I am an autistic white queer trans woman with several mental illnesses

This feels like when a guy walks into a bank and announces he's strapped a bomb to himself.

I just assume Luna is most resetera users.

Leadbelly

Hi folks,
I'm Luna and I am an autistic white queer trans woman with several mental illnesses

This feels like when a guy walks into a bank and announces he's strapped a bomb to himself.

What gets me is the need to proclaim to the world all this shit. "Hi folks, I am Luna" would suffice. It's almost like she is showing off her credentials.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Hi folks,

What gets me is the need to proclaim to the world all this shit. "Hi folks, I am Luna" would suffice. It's almost like she is showing off her credentials.
From the mod edit in her thread I assume rule 1 used to be "no whites or men can post"
Uncle

Leadbelly

Hi folks,

From the mod edit in her thread I assume rule 1 used to be "no whites or men can post"

Well, she is white so she fucked up there.

kingv

It's the Gaf/Reset thread. It's full of Social Studies Warriors.
:neogaf

I mean, the forums the thread is about is about are full of Social Studies Warriors. Bad syntax on my part.

No sjw been a thing for GAF since pretty much day one.

etiolate

Poor Rob Bobberts is already having a meltdown on RE. He's been a member for less than a week. :lol

Thanks Threepio

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Poor Rob Bobberts is already having a meltdown on RE. He's been a member for less than a week. :lol
Link please?
What happened? Someone mentioned that Disney owns Lucasfilm or something?
que

Bore Expert

Tokyosandblaster

You guys (and gals) need to stop doxxing Bobby. Shit is wrong, kiddos.

etiolate

by golly

are you implying that we are picking at a scab?

Tokyosandblaster

by golly

What was he on about with that? Dude is so far up Disney's asshole, it's not even funny.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2812756/

Cream hates the cops because he knows it’s just a matter of time before they catch wind of his “very particular interests” and haul his mentally ill ass off to (a men’s) prison. 

Averon

I don't get why people deal with Bobby other than laugh at his unearned sense of self-importance.

kingv

I feel like he is performing for us

Star Wars: The Last Jedi |OT3| The War is Just Beginning (Unmarked Spoilers)

No idea why that link doesn’t seem to work:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2820198/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Also...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-into-dolls.14210/

Come on, Cindi.

For a second there I thought it was a thread about real dolls.   :doge

Some of those custom made doll photos in that thread are nightmare fuel.

WAITING TO KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP
ど助平

Leadbelly

Also...

Come on, Cindi.

I...

I will say one thing:

I don't know whether to be impressed or creeped out by these things.

Edit: beaten to it. Funny how similar people's minds work.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Seen that so many times, but just now noticed how hard it looks like he's trying to keep from laughing in some of those shots.  :lol
ど助平

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
I don't get why people deal with Bobby other than laugh at his unearned sense of self-importance.

Because he's no different than the rest of the movie 'experts' on Reset who spend their days arguing about advertisements for Marvel, Star Wars, or Disney toys.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
That's what I mean. The thread is a hotbed of nightmare fuel dolls.

:rollsafe

Japanese version:
spoiler (click to show/hide)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
OK yeah that's the bride of Chucky stfu  :maf
[close]
[close]
:heh
ど助平

etiolate

Also...

Come on, Cindi.

For a second there I thought it was a thread about real dolls.   :doge

Some of those custom made doll photos in that thread are nightmare fuel.

WAITING TO KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP

I was going to post this. Those Zajkov dolls are  haunting me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Those Hot Toys ones are pretty awesome, but I'd class those more as "figures" instead of "dolls".  They look so realistic that I'd also be wondering if they were plotting to jump off the shelf and attack.

...$345?

There's a company that produces huge Street Fighter character figure statues...for like $900 each gat-dayum.
ど助平

etiolate

Puppet Master  :bow :bow2

ps: there is a severe lack of a proper metal horns emoji here

Tokyosandblaster

by golly

What was he on about with that? Dude is so far up Disney's asshole, it's not even funny.

LUCASFILM
Quiet you. This triggers him. He's reading this thread as we speak.

etiolate

I think Bobby is starting to have fun with his persona

or maybe it's his way of deflecting

We'll figure it out once someone tries to make a call to our boss in menacing up-speak?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Also...

Come on, Cindi.

I...

I will say one thing:

I don't know whether to be impressed or creeped out by these things.

Edit: beaten to it. Funny how similar people's minds work.

It's like DOAX3 for people who respect women.  :delicious
©@©™

Leadbelly

Cindi, you should post this one and say, "Here's one Cream might like".

etiolate

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2844705/

Wow. This is the harshest take on Rose that I've seen yet.

Himu

That's what I mean. The thread is a hotbed of nightmare fuel dolls.

Did I post any scary dolls?
IYKYK

Himu

No, but making a thread that invites people to post pictures of creepy dolls is a sin on to itself.

I posted cute dolls!

If you walked by my office desk with this cute barbie sitting at her own cute desk and in a pretty suit would you be mad?

:uguu

IYKYK