Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174644 times)

etiolate

I'd be concerned.

Himu

Well then! :maf
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Oh boy some of these dolls are deep in the uncanny valley

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2828787/

Cindi, you should post this one and say, "Here's one Cream might like".

(Image removed from quote.)

user was warned for gleeful personal attack
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:56:31 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Jansen

Hi folks,
I'm Luna and I am an autistic white queer trans woman with several mental illnesses

This feels like when a guy walks into a bank and announces he's strapped a bomb to himself.

I just assume Luna is most resetera users.

What gets me is the need to proclaim to the world all this shit. "Hi folks, I am Luna" would suffice. It's almost like she is showing off her credentials.

probably lying but they know the forums position on those issues and they're just throwing down the cards for sympathy points

etiolate

Oh boy some of these dolls are deep in the uncanny valley

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2828787/

Cindi, you should post this one and say, "Here's one Cream might like".

user was warned for gleeful personal attack

why are they all crying

whhhy

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

clothedmacuser

Enzom special! 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2849657/

Too cowardly to say what they really feel.

People like you amuse fuck out of me. Actually post what you really feel and stop with this silly bullshit.

Go all the way enzom!  Ask them to call you IT!

And Massive Duck CM is cool with blackface now because Japanese like it.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2849263/

I have to admit, my immediate reaction was laughter because I was expecting him to come out of the dressing room in a skirt or with the bowl haircut wig they usually have him wear, not discount Axel Foley. The weirdest part was they didn’t even have him mimic Eddie Murphy, just had him in the blackface for a few hours.
sigh

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
Puppet Master  :bow :bow2

ps: there is a severe lack of a proper metal horns emoji here

:rock

:smug
bent

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Those Hot Toys ones are pretty awesome, but I'd class those more as "figures" instead of "dolls".  They look so realistic that I'd also be wondering if they were plotting to jump off the shelf and attack.

...$345?

There's a company that produces huge Street Fighter character figure statues...for like $900 each gat-dayum.

Yeah, I saw a Walking Dead Michonne statue/figure in this New York mall when I was up there this summer. I was like "that's pretty cool, how much is it?" ThinkGeek (the store) wanted like $400 for it. I was like "goddamn, I could just buy a PS4/food/etc. for that much!"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Finally someone posted it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-tv-show-featuring-blackface-actor-sparks-anger.14336/

I wanted to but I pussed out.

Show also normalizes physical abuse and mocks gorilla like faces. Sickening.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Who was the GAF girl that became webcam girl? Koshiba?

This was never answered.  :doge

Stop trying to doxx women, shitlords.

skullstorm

Oooh dolls  :)

I'd been checking out some of those doll repaint instagram accounts and thought it would be fun to try out some day. So one time I was at a supermarket and happened to walk by the toy aisle and saw a discount shelf with dirt cheap and derpy looking SW dolls, Finn and Cassian Andor, and I couldn't resist bying them. But then I realized I can't try a proper repaint on them but I need to practice on something so I bought a couple of used Barbies online, and while searching for them I came across a greenish Monster High doll and decided to buy that one too to make some kind of fantasy repaint. And I also found some old Spice Girls dolls and they were so butt-ugly I decided I'm gonna repaint them too and make some better clothes for them. Plus when I was a kid I was obsessed with the Spice Girls and would always draw them and design clothes for them so now I get to do it for realz  :supergay  But I have only 3 of them and still need to find both Melanies  :-\  And I also ended up getting a Bratz doll because I find them so hideous I want to make it more human and less Kylie Jenner.

But only after I got all them I realized there's just one specific sealant to use in doll repaints and naturally it's not sold in my country and it's apparently so sensitive to cold that I can't even order it from another country yet because it would likely freeze during shipping so I have to wait until summer to get it  >:(

So right now I'm stuck with a bunch of dolls I can't do anything with except make the clothes. But I gotta say the Monster High doll is dope, I like just posing her since her limbs move so much. I think I want more of them. But goddamn her hair is annoying and so is the Bratz's and the Barbies', there's glue leaking out? Apparently it's a problem with newer dolls (the Spice Girls dolls all have nice silky hair) and they're so greasy and nasty it's driving me nuts. You can take their hair out and replace it but that seems super difficult and annoying and yeah I really don't want to learn that since originally I only wanted to try and make Finn and Cassian look more like themselves, I don't understand how these females suddenly showed up to make my life so difficult  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:snoop :goty2 :oreilly :stahp
[close]

skullstorm

Also I don't post on RE so I had to share that here and not there, but I know you'll appreciate it  ;)

Raist

Mods pls

etiolate

The sad thing is this thread finally has a topic that Father Mike can contribute to and yet he's not around.

Jansen

I'd been checking out some of those doll repaint instagram accounts and thought it would be fun to try out some day. So one time I was at a supermarket and happened to walk by the toy aisle and saw a discount shelf with dirt cheap and derpy looking SW dolls, Finn and Cassian Andor, and I couldn't resist bying them. But then I realized I can't try a proper repaint on them but I need to practice on something so I bought a couple of used Barbies online, and while searching for them I came across a greenish Monster High doll and decided to buy that one too to make some kind of fantasy repaint. And I also found some old Spice Girls dolls and they were so butt-ugly I decided I'm gonna repaint them too and make some better clothes for them. Plus when I was a kid I was obsessed with the Spice Girls and would always draw them and design clothes for them so now I get to do it for realz  :supergay  But I have only 3 of them and still need to find both Melanies  :-\  And I also ended up getting a Bratz doll because I find them so hideous I want to make it more human and less Kylie Jenner.

But only after I got all them I realized there's just one specific sealant to use in doll repaints and naturally it's not sold in my country and it's apparently so sensitive to cold that I can't even order it from another country yet because it would likely freeze during shipping so I have to wait until summer to get it  >:(

So right now I'm stuck with a bunch of dolls I can't do anything with except make the clothes. But I gotta say the Monster High doll is dope, I like just posing her since her limbs move so much. I think I want more of them. But goddamn her hair is annoying and so is the Bratz's and the Barbies', there's glue leaking out? Apparently it's a problem with newer dolls (the Spice Girls dolls all have nice silky hair) and they're so greasy and nasty it's driving me nuts. You can take their hair out and replace it but that seems super difficult and annoying and yeah I really don't want to learn that since originally I only wanted to try and make Finn and Cassian look more like themselves, I don't understand how these females suddenly showed up to make my life so difficult  :doge

[close]

Himu

[close]

Have you tried shampooing your dolls' hair?

Show me the Monster High doll. I don't like them or Bratz. I do think MH is much better than Bratz though. I especially like their shoes and clothes. How do you plan on making MH doll less Kylie? Cut her face up? What Barbie's do you have?

Skull move doll talk over here: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.0
IYKYK

Swollen Bowels

Was permabanned for being opposed to illegal immigration. If you step even an inch outside their echo chamber, they warn you before instituting a ban if you don't back down from your view. I never once said anything racist or attacked illegal immigrants with the usual right wing hate. Hell, my position was as a black man, I am not cool with illegal immigration's impact on the black community. And I'm permabanned for that.

agrajag

Have you tried shampooing your dolls' hair?

:goty

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Was permabanned for being opposed to illegal immigration. If you step even an inch outside their echo chamber, they warn you before instituting a ban if you don't back down from your view. I never once said anything racist or attacked illegal immigrants with the usual right wing hate. Hell, my position was as a black man, I am not cool with illegal immigration's impact on the black community. And I'm permabanned for that.
post?
每天生气

Himu

Bunch of boys acting like feggits because someone mentioned dolls. Grow up feggits.
IYKYK

Swollen Bowels

post?

This is the thread. I wasn't the only one banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/acting-ice-director-calls-for-arrest-of-%E2%80%98sanctuary%E2%80%99-city-and-state-officials.14288/

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
No, but making a thread that invites people to post pictures of creepy dolls is a sin on to itself.

I posted cute dolls!

If you walked by my office desk with this cute barbie sitting at her own cute desk and in a pretty suit would you be mad?

:uguu
Oh dear, this is really triggering my figurine bukkake fetish.

I would abscond with her to the restroom and bring her back dirty.
[close]

shosta

post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/acting-ice-director-calls-for-arrest-of-%E2%80%98sanctuary%E2%80%99-city-and-state-officials.14288/
:lol I remember you. I think I gave you a warning about this exact thing. You suck and peddle nasty propaganda. Plenty of other people in that thread said they're against illegal immigration and open borders and somehow manage to exist on the forum. If you got perma'd (which is harsh) it's because of a never ending circus of jerkoffery coming from your account.
 :trumps
每天生气

Himu

Is Shosta really a former Reset mod? lmao
IYKYK

paprikastaude

Would linking thebore count as promoting white supremacist sites?

Nabbis

• oops
"If you got perma'd (which is harsh) it's because of a never ending circus of jerkoffery coming from your account."

Hmm...  :lol

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Is Shosta really a former Reset mod? lmao
They'll make any old soy boy a mod, apparently.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:30:30 PM by Let's Cyber »

shosta

Can you do me a quick solid and edit the name out? :P
每天生气

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Can you do me a quick solid and edit the name out? :P
YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

but fine.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:58:01 AM by Let's Cyber »

Himu

Shosta pm meeee
IYKYK

shosta

And you are...?
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Ah man, I missed out on Shosta's real identity? :fbm
que

shosta

Ah man, I missed out on Shosta's real identity? :fbm
Using white nationalist symbols? Trying to dox me? Not a good look.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Transphobia, Xenophobia, they all sound like shitty video game titles.

Like some alien shooters  :doge

or

Final Fantasy XXII: LORUS BELUM XENOPHOBIA
Tales of Transphobia
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Poor Rob Bobberts is already having a meltdown on RE. He's been a member for less than a week. :lol
A guy who chose to name himself after vaginal fluid called me a cunt at some point. That was cute. It's no wet bloodfart, but what is.
newsfeed?

The question mark was warned for: continuous inflammatory, condescending posts towards other users. You can have a discussion with others without devolving into this sort of attitude.

Bore Expert

A never ending circus of jerk offery is frowned upon on that shithole? Isn’t that the very foundation is was built upon and caters to?

benjipwns

Was permabanned for being opposed to illegal immigration.
obviously you have to sneak back in

Swollen Bowels

post?

:lol I remember you. I think I gave you a warning about this exact thing. You suck and peddle nasty propaganda. Plenty of other people in that thread said they're against illegal immigration and open borders and somehow manage to exist on the forum. If you got perma'd (which is harsh) it's because of a never ending circus of jerkoffery coming from your account.

Not so. Read the thread and tell me what propaganda I posted. And I rarely link to anything on Reset, this being one exception because people asked me to provide evidence that illegal immigration was having an adverse effect on the economy. The two sources I posted happened to come from organizations with nebulous white supremacist ties. How would I know that? I'm a black progressive who hates white supremacusts. It just so happens that the only organizations actively curating studies to highlight the negative impact of illegal immigration have possible white supremacist backing. Seems to be an unfortunate instance of guilt by association. You can read my post history and see that while I definitely didn't toe the Reset groupthink line, especially when it came to my outspoken views on racism (particularly by white liberals towards black people), I never did anything to violate the TOS.

skullstorm

Cindi I answered your doll questions in the random talk thread  :)

A never ending circus of jerk offery is frowned upon on that shithole? Isn’t that the very foundation is was built upon and caters to?

nah they're open to discussing any topic from any angle

Do not discuss whether resetera allows discussions, if you disagree, email trashfolder@resetera where we can ignore you and no-one can see your evidence, emails will be held to dox you on twitter later for questioning why you werent allowed to discuss a thing

team filler

• filler
  • filler
RED PILL ALPHA BIG COCK  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

nah they're open to discussing any topic from any angle

Do not discuss whether resetera allows discussions, if you disagree, email trashfolder@resetera where we can ignore you and no-one can see your evidence, emails will be held to dox you on twitter later for questioning why you werent allowed to discuss a thing
User was warned for transphobic racist comment disingenuous reply that shows no sympathy for the socialist cause
🤴

shosta

Not so. Read the thread and tell me what propaganda I posted. And I rarely link to anything on Reset, this being one exception because people asked me to provide life evidence that illegal immigration was having an adverse effect on the economy. The two sources I posted happened to come from organizations with nebulous white supremacist ties. How would I know that? I'm a black progressive who hates white supremacusts. It just so happens that the only organizations actively curating studies to highlight the negative impact of illegal immigration have possible white supremacist backing. Seems to be a unfortunate instance of guilt by association. You can read my post history and see that while I definitely didn't toe the Reset groupthink line, especially when it came to my outspoken views on racism (particularly by white liberals towards black people), I never did anything to violate the TOS.
Wait a second, I'm absolutely mistaking you for someone else... Don't trust my memory!
每天生气

clothedmacuser

Even the black face thread is boring as fuck.
sigh

shosta

Wait a second, I'm absolutely mistaking you for someone else... Don't trust my memory!
no wonder they demodded you :gurl
每天生气

shosta

Uh... looking through that thread again:
Quote from: Slayven
I just wanted to address this. We have a great group of mods, but we are across several continents, timezones, with jobs, families, IRL concerns, etc. We try to be vigilant, but we can't be everywhere. That is why if you see something report it. Some times that won't get an instant visible effect because we like to discuss cases to form a consensus so that going forward everyone is on the same page and the moderation is transparent and consistent.

We are trying for an ever evolving and improving experience
While I was a mod, Slayven had accumulated exactly zero moderator actions. Contrary to this board's expectations, he doesn't do anything. And since they tripled the mod count, I still doubt he does anything!
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Even the black face thread is boring as fuck.
User was perma-banned for alleging that minorities are lazy
🤴

benjipwns

Not so. Read the thread and tell me what propaganda I posted. And I rarely link to anything on Reset, this being one exception because people asked me to provide evidence that illegal immigration was having an adverse effect on the economy. The two sources I posted happened to come from organizations with nebulous white supremacist ties. How would I know that? I'm a black progressive who hates white supremacusts. It just so happens that the only organizations actively curating studies to highlight the negative impact of illegal immigration have possible white supremacist backing. Seems to be an unfortunate instance of guilt by association. You can read my post history and see that while I definitely didn't toe the Reset groupthink line, especially when it came to my outspoken views on racism (particularly by white liberals towards black people), I never did anything to violate the TOS.
one of your sources was cis.org what did you expect

agrajag

Bunch of boys acting like feggits because someone mentioned dolls. Grow up feggits.

Please don't let me interrupt giving your dolls a bath.

Leadbelly

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-tv-show-featuring-blackface-actor-sparks-anger.14336/

Japan is well known for its cultural insenitivity so it is hard to give them a pass with this. That said, I've never thought there was anything inherently racist about someone blacking their face. That's not to say it isn't racist, rather it is contingent on American history. The truth is, even in 2018, there are people oblivious to this outside of America.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:35:32 PM by Leadbelly »

clothedmacuser

Japan is well known for cultural insenitivity so it is hard to give them a pass with this. That said, I've never thought there was anything inherently racist about someone blacking their face. That's not to say it isn't racist, rather it is contigent on American history. The truth is, even in 2018, there are people oblivious to this outside of America.

But it's 2017 and the internet exists.  Checkmate Atheists
sigh

Swollen Bowels

one of your sources was cis.org what did you expect

Lol..first time I've ever heard of the place. They wanted me to post proof of illegal immigration hurting black people and linked s congressional hearing that received testimony from an economics professor who discussed that. But, I mean, that's the problem with resetera. They're so high strung that they reflexively ban rather the. Engage the user and try to feel out his or her motivations. Had I known what Cis was, I would have looked for a different source.

Raist

Breaking: the rest of the world does not necessarily have to be aware of, nor give a flying fuck about, muhrica's sensitivities.

Leadbelly

Japan is well known for cultural insenitivity so it is hard to give them a pass with this. That said, I've never thought there was anything inherently racist about someone blacking their face. That's not to say it isn't racist, rather it is contigent on American history. The truth is, even in 2018, there are people oblivious to this outside of America.

But it's 2017 and the internet exists.  Checkmate Atheists

It's 2018 my friend. :p

The internet exists, but it still requires them to search for the topic.

skullstorm

You know you want to do it too :-*

agrajag

You know you want to do it too :-*

All my dolls are hairless

paprikastaude

Breaking: the rest of the world does not necessarily have to be aware of, nor give a flying fuck about, muhrica's sensitivities.

In old GAF I'd roll my eyes often when some people commented on non-US affairs with their unreflected US perception. "I heard that country is a haven for the alt-right".

Tokyosandblaster

Uh... looking through that thread again:
Quote from: Slayven
I just wanted to address this. We have a great group of mods, but we are across several continents, timezones, with jobs, families, IRL concerns, etc. We try to be vigilant, but we can't be everywhere. That is why if you see something report it. Some times that won't get an instant visible effect because we like to discuss cases to form a consensus so that going forward everyone is on the same page and the moderation is transparent and consistent.

We are trying for an ever evolving and improving experience
While I was a mod, Slayven had accumulated exactly zero moderator actions. Contrary to this board's expectations, he doesn't do anything. And since they tripled the mod count, I still doubt he does anything!
He gave Bobby a stern warning today. How do I know this? The warning included spelling errors.