Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174206 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
I was always convinced GAF had paid shills and it's no different on reset.

How many new Star Wars threads pop up a day?

GAF did have that one person from the Hillary campaign who left immediately after the election. That probably won't happen on Resetera.

Jack Remington?  :-*

There was that gay black dude who had his face as an avatar who would pop up at the merest mention of Hillary’s name as well.

His username had 'Adam' in it, after the election he had the mods nuke his account.

Always remember Neogaf was the number five referrer to Hillary Clinton's website.
https://news.vice.com/article/racist-trolls-of-8chan-are-driving-traffic-to-donald-trumps-website
By comparison, SimilarWeb data shows Hillary Clinton's top five referrers include CNN, hillaryspeeches.com, the Drudge Report and the video gaming forum NeoGAF.

etiolate

i think gaf did have some paid shills, but then the industry figured out that gaf actually wasn't important

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))

GAF did have that one person from the Hillary campaign who left immediately after the election. That probably won't happen on Resetera.

There was that gay black dude who had his face as an avatar who would pop up at the merest mention of Hillary’s name as well.
you mean Royalan, who is a mod
每天生气

kingv

Not royalan. It was another dude. He was really preppy looking with glasses. I think his name was in his username.

It was some cheeky shit like “that’sChris!” Or Just_James

Bravotyler

I hope Loudninja is getting paid.

Bore Expert

Riskychris or something?

Y2kev was a big hilldawg guy too. That was the Hill he chose to die on.  :success

Borgnine

Someone do an a avatar quote in that dead mom thread.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
I hope Loudninja is getting paid.

He has to be. 99% of his posts on Gaf and Reset were just links to PS blog articles.

seagrams hotsauce

Holy shit, that's dedicating wayyy more thought into friends than any of the writers ever did for any episode. Read into imaginary subtexts to defend a 20 year old dogshit sitcom brehs :yuck :yuck :yuck

What? It is clear as day how that scene was meant to play out just by how it is described. If you can't see that, and somehow think I am reading deep into it, I don't know what to tell you my friend.

Maybe you should continue watching stuff with lots of flashes and explosions. Some nice, "shiny, shiny, lighty".

:lol Yep, I just lack the intellect to appreciate the deep social commentary that is Friends, and you're totally not a fuckin reactionary idiot who got baited into defending one of the worst shows of all time

Leadbelly

Holy shit, that's dedicating wayyy more thought into friends than any of the writers ever did for any episode. Read into imaginary subtexts to defend a 20 year old dogshit sitcom brehs :yuck :yuck :yuck

What? It is clear as day how that scene was meant to play out just by how it is described. If you can't see that, and somehow think I am reading deep into it, I don't know what to tell you my friend.

Maybe you should continue watching stuff with lots of flashes and explosions. Some nice, "shiny, shiny, lighty".

:lol Yep, I just lack the intellect to appreciate the deep social commentary that is Friends, and you're totally not a fuckin reactionary idiot who got baited into defending one of the worst shows of all time

It wasn't about deep social commentary that was the point. It was merely how I thought the scene would play out. It is not hard to understand. Ross is upset with having a male nanny. Why could that be? Maybe because he is paranoid he is getting friendly with his wife. That was what I thought the scene was. I was wrong. happy?

It turned out I was half right anyway. It was about Ross' insecurites rather than being simply casual sexism and homophobia in 90s sitcoms. Friends was inoffensive fluff with some moralising angle. It seemed like it would be the case to me.

shosta

I was wrong. happy?

It turned out I was half right anyway.
step 1 in how to be a jackass
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

Lol I feel a little bad for laying into you now that I saw that second post
'Inoffensive fluff' it may be but the success of Friends baffled me as a kid and baffles me to this day. It's like modern-day-CBS level terrible inanity and for some reason a subsection of my fellow 30 something year olds love it and it drives me nuts. It's such a lazy show that it is difficult for me to fathom the writers having any intent with the scripts beyond finishing them as fast as possible so they could go bump lines of e off neon rollerblades or whatever was hot in the 90s

Boredfrom

I was wrong. happy?

And that one was step 2.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
This Friends discussion:

etiolate

not gonna lie

that nanny dude is suspect as fuck

Leadbelly

I was wrong. happy?

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I got annoyed by his original post that is all. The idea that I was dedicating my time to  find some "imaginary subtext". No it was just how I interpreted the scene that is all. I didn't like the tone of his orignal post.

I was wrong though. And I am sorry if he was annoyed by my post.

etiolate

you aren't the jackass leadbelly

Boredfrom

I was wrong. happy?

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I got annoyed by his original post that is all. The idea that I was dedicating my time find some "imaginary subtext". No it was just how I interpreted the scene that is all. I didn't like the tone of his orignal post.

While I agree that it was probably just imaginary subtext, you should not felt guilty because it.

thisismyusername

What is a community resettler? Why do some members have tags when they said there would be no tags? Why are some names purple? Why are people who get banned so dumb? All it takes is reading one sensitive topic to realize you'll get you ass blasted if you voice certain opinions.

PM your cocks

To who?

To the Bore Penis Advisor

(Image removed from quote.)

Hello, gurls. I'm here for business. Please get in line and have your forms ready.

Someone actually PM'd me after I went to bed and now that I checked it's deleted. :'( At least post it to Imgur or something. :doge

Leadbelly

I was wrong. happy?

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I got annoyed by his original post that is all. The idea that I was dedicating my time find some "imaginary subtext". No it was just how I interpreted the scene that is all. I didn't like the tone of his orignal post.

While I agree that it was probably just imaginary subtext, you should not felt guilty because it.

Well it is imaginary obviously because it is wrong. But I wasn't trying to find some deeper meaning into it. That was what I meant. I just thought that was the scene based on what was described.

Truth is, I really should look at the scene before I comment.

Boredfrom

WHAT THE FUCK.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3213700/

The only one that  reacted from it was the shithole with the minie mouse avatar.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3213804/

Did the mods warned the guys that dogpilled on huelen becuase "violence is not the answer"?

thisismyusername

His username had 'Adam' in it, after the election he had the mods nuke his account.

Always remember Neogaf was the number five referrer to Hillary Clinton's website.
https://news.vice.com/article/racist-trolls-of-8chan-are-driving-traffic-to-donald-trumps-website
By comparison, SimilarWeb data shows Hillary Clinton's top five referrers include CNN, hillaryspeeches.com, the Drudge Report and the video gaming forum NeoGAF.

Adam387. He didn't have his face in it (at least not from when he was brought up in here), he had a rainbow sHillary avatar and talked about how much he wanted to be femdomm'd by her despite being gay. :kobeyuck

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
 :trigger

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
WHAT THE FUCK.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3213700/

The only one that  reacted from it was the shithole with the minie mouse avatar.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3213804/

Did the mods warned the guys that dogpilled on huelen becuase "violence is not the answer"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't, I just can't

tuna_love

when i was younger i thought that friends was set at the beach for some reason. it was mind bottling when i found out it was in new york  :neo

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
when i was younger i thought that friends was set at the beach for some reason. it was mind bottling when i found out it was in new york  :neo

Leadbelly

I can see how that would happen. It is entirely filmed on a set. I don't think you ever see the outside.

Leadbelly

I don't think you ever see the outside.
- Beach episode
- Joey pretends he owns a Ferrari episode
- Phoebe's wedding in the alley behind the building
- Chandler and Monica go house hunting episode
- Any episode where they are out on their fire escape

lol

I don't want to talk about Friends anymore. It seems I end up wrong about everything.

FunSlower

Amir0x?

Leadbelly

I don't want to talk about Friends anymore. It seems I end up wrong about everything.

lol, for the record, I hate the show.. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of it because my ex wife watched it every single night.. like she must have gone through the DVDs 6 times in the span I knew her.  So it was my background noise while trying to sleep for 2 years.

Sounds like a nightmare. The thigns you do for love.

Amir0x?

and now he cant vote so punishing pedos is nazii gg trump supporting bullshit

agrajag

No, Friends is just generic garbage. Let's try to not whitewash Friends.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3216540/

:doge
This whole thread is shaping up into unhinged gold and it’s only 2 pages so far.

shosta

when small cracks appear in your worldview
Goddammit, HOW is Trump in excellent health? It just defies comprehension.
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Can we talk about Hangin' With Mr. Cooper instead? That was a good show.
©@©™

agrajag

when small cracks appear in your worldview
Goddammit, HOW is Trump in excellent health? It just defies comprehension.

He told us not to waste our finite energy he told u dog

Broseidon

• Estado Homo

I can see how that would happen. It is entirely filmed on a set. I don't think you ever see the outside.

There's establishing shots literally every few minutes you numpty :heh
bent

Leadbelly

We need to change the subject. You know I am going to end up watching the boxset of Friends just so I don't end up looking like an idiot every time I open my mouth.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
We need to change the subject. You know I am going to end up watching the boxset of Friends just so I don't end up looking like an idiot every time I open my mouth.

Watching friends wont change that, honey
bent

agrajag

drink battery acid instead it will be less painful

etiolate

it's really weird to see ppl get on leadbelly when seagrams was being the useless asshole

team filler

• filler
  • filler
no such thing as a useless asshole, not on my watch  :smug

Bore Expert

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3216540/

:doge
This whole thread is shaping up into unhinged gold and it’s only 2 pages so far.

Enzom is such a pile of shit.

etiolate

suddenly your username makes sense

Leadbelly

Watching friends wont change that, honey (Image removed from quote.)

It might give me a new perspective on the world. Or lose my faith with mankind.

One of the two.

drink battery acid instead it will be less painful

lol

Or become a buddhist monk.

Battery acid.
Buddhist monk.

Which to choose?

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
gaf ot page 1 goes back to wednesday

DEAD
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Leadbelly

it's really weird to see ppl get on leadbelly when seagrams was being the useless asshole

I can't tell if that is the case or if it's banter.

If it is the former, I will have to post more often. ;)

agrajag

I was just shitting on Friends, nothing against Leadbelly  :itagaki

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Leadbelly

I was just shitting on Friends, nothing against Leadbelly  :itagaki

Nice to hear.

This is becoming too much about me, and I have other things to do. I will back tomorrow.

thisismyusername

Well, I mean Kara is gone (#RIP), might as well fill that niche...

seagrams hotsauce

i guess you missed the part where even he said i was right. actually that makes sense since you are a total dipshit

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Or, the more likely scenario, GAF and RE are both nerd message boards, and Star Wars is like the biggest thing in nerdom for 40 years you fuckin' mook.

lol pay shills to hype up the most successful movie franchise in history on Shitera  :neogaf are

:snoop

what amazes me is the self-confidence coupled with the absolute fucking distinguished mentally-challenged that some of you posess.

I feel bad for etoilate  :doge

Tokyosandblaster

Dharma and Greg was the best sitcom of that time anyway.
I understand how you were were demodded now. That show was shit.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Why are you mad at me? Please quote whatever what made you want to shit on me. I asked you to read what I wrote and you've refused, instead you just want to insult what you think I am. Over and over. What does this accomplish?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3223921/

What a sucient breakdown of who Ezom is.
sigh

tuna_love

Battery acid.
Buddhist monk.

Which to choose?

Leadbelly

i guess you missed the part where even he said i was right. actually that makes sense since you are a total dipshit

You were right. I intially perceived your post simply as a dig at me though. That is why I responded the way I did. Phrased a bit differently I would have responded differently.

That's not to say it was a dig, it just come off that way. Of course it doesn't look good when I am wrong about the scene. I didn't think I was though, hence why it seemed like a dig.

agrajag

shut up assphagot

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
it's not necessary to be cunts to each other every time we disagree friends, only sometimes  :-*

Leadbelly

Last thing I will say, and lets just move on from it.

Phoebe feels really bad because she meets her ex David, the scientist who moved to Minsk, behind Mike's back. Chandler feels threatened when he finds out that Monica thinks her colleague Jeffrey is about the funniest man she knows. After interviewing candidates as nanny for baby Emma, Sandy is obviously ideal, a natural to work with children, including instant fan Joey, with one single flaw: Ross can't handle it's a he, and not even gay.

This is what I read to get some sense of the episode. I confused a couple of things in here, and assumed other things. I really should have looked for the episode first but I was lazy lol