Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174382 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10081 on: January 14, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-a-better-way-to-argue-in-controversial-serious-sensitive-topics.16379/#post-3279354

Robespierre didn't forget us, y'all  :tocry

I think this explains so much about Dobby Nobert. Everyone on this forum is his enemy, they're all toxic young men just out to get him and his beloved movies, all while the cruel mods just stand by and watch

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10082 on: January 14, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
You know, I get the impression with people like Bobby that they are more concerned with the person behind the argument rather than the argument itself. An argument lives or dies on its own merits. It doesn't matter who said it. Yet, these people seem more concerned about unearthing bad fruit and purging it from their midst.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10083 on: January 14, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-a-better-way-to-argue-in-controversial-serious-sensitive-topics.16379/#post-3279354

Robert Roberts is the one man we can be sure never had anything bad happen with a woman, because women aren't into midgets so they just ignore his little hobbit ass.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10084 on: January 14, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »

I think this explains so much about Dobby Nobert. Everyone on this forum is his enemy, they're all toxic young men just out to get him and his beloved movies, all while the cruel mods just stand by and watch

Hells bells all the people on RESETERA are his enemy, not here. We're worse.  If they're toxic, we're barely human. Probably get a 76 on Rotten Tomatoes.
rub

Cravy

« Reply #10085 on: January 14, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
Let's have this thread open but please don't talk about the real issue lol. posters who wake up offended with itchy report fingers and oversensitive bitches modding.

Himu

« Reply #10086 on: January 14, 2018, 01:35:42 PM »
Bobby think the people of Reset are toxic? Is this because they banned his corny ass? :lol
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10087 on: January 14, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
Can you imagine living in a world where RESET is "toxic"? I mean that's conversation on easy mode, hell not even easy mode, it's easy mode with cheats. What are you going to do when you get out in real life and find someone who *gasp* doesn't know what gamergate is? Or even worse, thinks that LucasFilm is controlled by Disney?
que

Himu

« Reply #10088 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
Didn't Bobby deliberately tag posters he thought were problem posters or something and call them out or whatever? Isn't he the toxic one?
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10089 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:39 PM »
Or, god forbid, thinks Star Wars is for pathetic nerds

Himu

« Reply #10090 on: January 14, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
Star Wars sucks. Only ESB and ROTJ are good.
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10091 on: January 14, 2018, 01:42:02 PM »
I'm really about to sit here and spend my Sunday afternoon arguing with people who are not people, but rather extreme ideologies given internet connections.  :snoop

Himu

« Reply #10092 on: January 14, 2018, 01:42:46 PM »
Didn't Bobby deliberately tag posters he thought were problem posters or something and call them out or whatever? Isn't he the toxic one?

Yes, that's what he got banned for. Making a hit list of people who didn't agree with him about Marky Mark.

:lol
IYKYK

Cravy

« Reply #10093 on: January 14, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »

Yeah and I just went back to grab you the receipts and he's edited all the posts on the thread that got him banned lol. This guy.

http://"https://www.resetera.com/posts/3184859

Himu

« Reply #10094 on: January 14, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »

Yeah and I just went back to grab you the receipts and he's edited all the posts on the thread that got him banned lol. This guy.

USA Today: Wahlberg threatened to veto Plummer recasting in "ATMITW" unless paid

What is it about the city of Portland that attracts people like this? I never want to go to Oregon again.
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #10096 on: January 14, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
Cream bit the dust yet again

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3253888/

This time one month

What's funny is that it seems rather harmless compared to previous behaviour

Himu

« Reply #10097 on: January 14, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »
Didn't Cream talk shit about black people in the Chappelle thread though? Or am I not remembering things right?
IYKYK

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #10098 on: January 14, 2018, 01:58:25 PM »
the fuck is wrong with these people? seriously

paprikastaude

« Reply #10099 on: January 14, 2018, 02:01:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3282139/

These dogpiling complaints are the silliest thing I ever read.

If you enter a topic and post something controversial in a wildly inappropriate manner (this includes "just asking lel") and a good portion of posters call you out on your off colour crap, maybe you should sit back and THINK before responding. WHY would your response create so many replies and people calling you out?

Not the dogpiling and multiquotes get you banned/warned, but the shit you said that went against the TOS. NO ONE can force YOU into saying shit that's against the TOS but yourself.

Take some responsibility for the things you say instead of falling on your back to play victim of an authoritan (do you even know what a Forum is?) regime.

:woody

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #10100 on: January 14, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »
the fuck is wrong with these people? seriously

Mentally unstable loonies?

Trust me, i'm an expert

paprikastaude

« Reply #10101 on: January 14, 2018, 02:08:23 PM »
I didn't even know that Bobby goon until reading here, but the last pages alone were evidence enough that he is one of these prime examples for the kind of monsters specifically created by the internet.

etiolate

« Reply #10102 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
If you want to light that reset thread up, point out that abandoned GAF currently has better discussion on the same topics.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10103 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
I didn't even know that Bobby goon until reading here, but the last pages alone were evidence enough that he is one of these prime examples for the kind of monsters specifically created by the internet.

He's 40. Poor guy is clearly have trouble with RE rejecting him.
Don't you mean, REjecting him?  :teehee

etiolate

« Reply #10104 on: January 14, 2018, 02:21:20 PM »
Civil discussions with multiple sides isn't about changing the minds of those who are wrong, as Reset seems to think. It's about making sure you know what's up. You do it for your own gain. You do it to make sure you understand what you're talking about and should have confidence in what you're saying.

When you go in assuming you're absolutely right then of course you get nothing out of the process. You think you're doing it to cleanse the impure. You want an inquisition not a debate.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #10105 on: January 14, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3283669/
It may be a controversial opinion, but just permaban these people. The forum has been up for several months, and its clear what is acceptable in terms of discourse (i.e. don't be a misogynistic piece of shit). There would be less opportunity for threads to become toxic if the instigators were just removed for good. If they come back 6 months later with a new account and better outlook on life, fine, let them back in. Otherwise, I don't see why the mods should have to spend their valuable free time watching these people after warnings and bans. I'm sure they'd much rather be enjoying the discussion here with the rest of us.

:lol :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10107 on: January 14, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
Just realized I've had Shostakovich confused with someone else for awhile and have been being a dick to him for no reason this whole time.

My bad. I'll try to be more careful about that.
Thought you were going to let go of those grudges and old shit?

paprikastaude

« Reply #10108 on: January 14, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
Holy fuck that thread is a dumpster fire. Like glancing into a sect meeting. These people are completely lost causes.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #10109 on: January 14, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »
misread
reckt

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #10110 on: January 14, 2018, 02:39:02 PM »
Holy fuck that thread is a dumpster fire. Like glancing into a sect meeting. These people are completely lost causes.

It's funny how much the thread proves that discussions on era are terrible

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10111 on: January 14, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
with gaf i had some history and a vague feeling of community leading to me criticizing aspects of it in hopes it gets better, but with REE? who even cares anymore, use this as a chance to make a clean break my dudes, the communities most of us were involved with doesnt even exist anymore.

Averon

« Reply #10112 on: January 14, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »
What I am getting from that thread is, not only are dogpiles not a thing, they are also always deserved when they happen. So which is it?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10113 on: January 14, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »
Can they reach 100,000 posts this time? Leave a like and subscribe. Tune back in to find out.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10114 on: January 14, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
I've been through tech forums with apple ball-garglers, linux superfans; anime forums with every sort of shit weebs are known for; film forums, all sorts of shit, but I've never really come across anything that gets close to full on nintenthing level unhinged, it's completely insane and in it's purist form it gives me chills instead of laughter  :-\

thetylerrob

« Reply #10115 on: January 14, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »
That last Nintendo direct thread and AGDQ happening so close together has been a huge reminder that Nintendo is the biggest pop culture icon for people with mental illness.

paprikastaude

« Reply #10116 on: January 14, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-a-new-nintendo-direct-happen-this-week-more-hints.16394/

These people are crazy.

I mean, even if it does happen. Why get your panties all twisted like that with speculation all the time? I've ignored most nintendo threads anywhere s I wasn't really into the 3DS and hated the Wii U, but damn did I forgot how insane nintards are.

The blatant shills in the mod team make gaming discussion as horrid as I was expecting too. As if fostering socially inept warriors wasn't bad enough, you've got things run by Nintendo cheerleaders, i.e. mental 12 year olds (although all kinds of fanboys are mentally underdeveloped, Yoshi- and Kirby avatared elitists are a special kind. Just thinking about the entire rumour hype embarrassment last week).
I glanced at some thread about Nintendo not doing 4k or something. It had plenty of unwarned shit posts about how "yeah, because only Nintendo makes real games in this industry!". But only a couple of pages later some dude who (not even in a particularly polemic way) says that their hardware and online infrastructure is behind the curve, is the one that gets banned for console wars.  :doge
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:08:28 PM by Spieler1 »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10117 on: January 14, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »
Good post by Gotchaye, Neogaf mod.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #10118 on: January 14, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

I have a feeling it will not be received very well

paprikastaude

« Reply #10119 on: January 14, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »

And of course, it doesn't get a single reasonable or thought-out response  :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10120 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:45 PM »

I have a feeling it will not be received very well
it didn't.
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #10121 on: January 14, 2018, 03:24:27 PM »

And of course, it doesn't get a single reasonable or thought-out response  :lol

It's funny that most of the people who replied are actually arguing in bad faith™. These dudes don't give a fuck about actually engaging in a debate they just want to virtue signal

etiolate

« Reply #10122 on: January 14, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
"here think about this"

"INSTANT REPLY NO"

Rman

« Reply #10123 on: January 14, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »
Damn, Reset went down the dumpster so damn fast lol.

« Reply #10124 on: January 14, 2018, 03:28:07 PM »
Bobby think the people of Reset are toxic? Is this because they banned his corny ass? :lol

He's the kind of brave soul who stands up to modrator corruption, bias, sexual assault etc the very second they ban him. Fully 100% supportive, hammering the report button like it was an orgasm button up until then, but then bravely speaking out because he got banned. On reeera as it was on neogaf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10125 on: January 14, 2018, 03:28:48 PM »
Trump fucking broke the Social Studies Warrior's, media and liberals. We've seen trolling in the past but this is is beyond trolling.

TRUMP: "Why do people from shithole countries have to come here?"
CNN Social Studies Warrior's: "Somalia is not a shit hole these are really awesome places you racist!!!"
TRUMP: "So why do they come here, if their place is so awesome?"

:trumps

He's just farting in their faces and destroying all their beliefs and all they can do is scream in their echo chambers.
Sometimes I'm like... jesus Donald, give them some time to recover and before you know it he's doing another rally or pissing on them with Tweets.

It's really easy to beat a guy like Trump and the GOP almost did it. Just ignore the moron. But his enemies can't and he just keeps dragging them into WWE's brawls.
Having athletes protest against him by kneeling.  :lol
It's been one year, one year. At the end of his term all the Resetters will have either jumped from a bridge or are living in mental institutions.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #10126 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »
Trump fucking broke the Social Studies Warrior's, media and liberals. We've seen trolling in the past but this is is beyond trolling.

CNN Social Studies Warrior's: "Somalia is not a shit hole these are really awesome places you racist!!!"

He's just farting in their faces and destroying all their beliefs and all they can do is scream in their echo chambers.
Sometimes I'm like... jesus Donald, give them some time to recover and before you know it he's doing another rally or pissing on them with Tweets.

It's really easy to beat a guy like Trump and the GOP almost did it. Just ignore the moron. But his enemies can't and he just keeps dragging them into WWE's brawls.
It's been one year, one year. At the end of his term all the Resetters will have either jumped from a bridge or are living in mental institutions.

You sound fucking stupid and fuck  you for defending his shit hole comment.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #10127 on: January 14, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffrey_jue?lang=en

wtf is the point of a twitter feed like this

fucking weebs kill yourself

paprikastaude

« Reply #10128 on: January 14, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

Which thread is this? There have been a bunch mentioned in the last few pages.

We need a better way to argue in controversial, serious, sensitive topics.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffrey_jue?lang=en

wtf is the point of a twitter feed like this

fucking weebs kill yourself

Paranoia Agent opening though  :like

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10129 on: January 14, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »

Trump calls everything that isn't a gold tower a shit hole.

What do you think he says about those places he went to rally when he's out golfing with his rich friends.
He doesn't even open doors because he's a 'germaphobe'. Any place without a gold toilet is a shit hole in his book.
He 'allegedly' called the White House a dump.

The guy is a huge racist asshole but you got to give him credit for riling up basically everybody.
If the media doesn't report on him for 7 days a week he'll probably resign but they just can't look away from the dumpster fire.

I mean, if the birther thing wasn't a massive hint that Trump is a racist cunt I don't know what is.

Yet in the US 60 million people were like: "Well you know, this guy, who has been an asshole all his life should be our president"
I'm not defending his dumb ass, I'm just observing the stupidity of it all.

If you don't live in the US the Trump presidency is comedy gold. Almost like the Bush years, except this douchenozzle hasn't invaded the Middle East yet.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #10130 on: January 14, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »

What do you think he says about those places he went to rally when he's out golfing with his rich friends.
He doesn't even open doors because he's a 'germaphobe'. Any place without a gold toilet is a shit hole in his book.

The guy is a huge racist asshole but you got to give him credit for riling up basically everybody.
If the media doesn't report on him for 7 days a week he'll probably resign but they just can't look away from the dumpster fire.

I mean, if the birther thing wasn't a massive hint that Trump is a racist cunt I don't know what is.

Yet in the US 60 million people were like: "Well you know, this guy, who has been an asshole all his life should be our president"

If you don't live in the US the Trump presidency is comedy gold. Almost like the Bush years, except this douchenozzle hasn't invaded the Middle East yet.

The President of the United States calling the countries immigrants hail from "shit countries" while fully knowing America's legacy of immigration and trying to make a better life is un-American.

Trump calling things shit holes is not okay. Are you a complete fucking moron. Leaders do not call things shit holes in relating to foreign policy and immigration and especially where American citizens origins come from. This has nothing to do with liberalism or even SJWs. Even conservatives are tearing it apart.
IYKYK

Averon

« Reply #10131 on: January 14, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
That 'Is it okay to support developers with ideologies you don’t support?' thread is getting fun.

Lime being called out for his (her?) extremism
Accusations that someone on Reset staff being sympathetic to GG
And the usual crazy you'd expect from such a topic

paprikastaude

« Reply #10132 on: January 14, 2018, 03:46:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-a-better-way-to-argue-in-controversial-serious-sensitive-topics.16379/page-10#post-3286797

Wait...now Gaf was a gamergater haven? Lol

Well, both GAF and now REE certainly are a heaven for gamergate, because they are the only places that still give these fucks unearned attention.

Pwnz

« Reply #10133 on: January 14, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-a-new-nintendo-direct-happen-this-week-more-hints.16394/

These people are crazy.

I mean, even if it does happen, why get your panties all twisted like that with speculation all the time? I've ignored most nintendo threads anywhere as I wasn't really into the 3DS and hated the Wii U but damn did I forgot how insane nintards can be.

Yea that 600+ page thread for nothingburger with a DKC port and DLC.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10134 on: January 14, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »

The President of the United States calling the countries immigrants hail from "shit countries" while fully knowing America's legacy of immigration and trying to make a better life is un-American.

Trump calling things shit holes is not okay. Are you a complete fucking moron. Leaders do not call things shit holes in relating to foreign policy and immigration and especially where American citizens origins come from. This has nothing to do with liberalism or even Social Studies Warriors. Even conservatives are tearing it apart.
Leaders don't, Donald Trump does.

I can't phantom why anyone would vote for Donald Trump but 60 million Americans did.
All the rest of us can do is laugh, enjoy the show and hope for the best.

The 'conservatives' lost their mind when they put him on the ballot. My response to everything he said so far is: "No shit, what did you expect Donald Trump was going to do?"
Given the power that he has, luckily he has no clue how to use it. Things could be a lot worse than this clown circus.
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #10135 on: January 14, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-a-better-way-to-argue-in-controversial-serious-sensitive-topics.16379/page-10#post-3286797

what the hell come on. these peeps would have lost their shit if they'd been on gaf before 2010 lol. after that it slowly morphed into the ultimate hugbox

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10136 on: January 14, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

what the hell come on. these peeps would have lost their shit if they'd been on gaf before 2010 lol
I remember GAF started the FHUTA meme.  :doge
🤴

Himu

« Reply #10137 on: January 14, 2018, 03:52:39 PM »

Trump calling things shit holes is not okay. Are you a complete fucking moron. Leaders do not call things shit holes in relating to foreign policy and immigration and especially where American citizens origins come from. This has nothing to do with liberalism or even Social Studies Warriors. Even conservatives are tearing it apart.
Leaders don't, Donald Trump does.

I can't phantom why anyone would vote for Donald Trump but 60 million Americans did.
All the rest of us can do is laugh, enjoy the show and hope for the best.

The 'conservatives' lost their mind when they put him on the ballot. My response to everything he said so far is: "No shit, what did you expect Donald Trump was going to do?"
Given the power that he has, luckily he has no clue how to use it. Things could be a lot worse than this clown circus.

Okay. That makes sense. What you said earlier though was ridiculous.
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #10138 on: January 14, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »

what the hell come on. these peeps would have lost their shit if they'd been on gaf before 2010 lol. after that it slowly morphed into the ultimate hugbox

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10139 on: January 14, 2018, 03:55:51 PM »

Okay. That makes sense. What you said earlier though was ridiculous.
You are right too, I may have exaggerated a bit and send the wrong message.

See Era, adults can work out their differences without thought police  :-X
🤴