Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174704 times)

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10260 on: January 14, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
Message boards are over, I mean yeah there is reddit, but beyond that they're done. I like somethingawful and rpgcodex for their gaming stuff, but ERA is never going to be another GAF, that time is past, its just going to be the worst of neogafs 2012 and on echo chamber as time goes on.

also wtf at some people already over 5k posts in less than 3 months?  :kobeyuck

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10261 on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:55 PM »
That Bowie thread is something else. Good source to pull during the next ree thread about Polanski.

Bowie was a fan of Camille Paglia.

If it was that little revelation you might have seen a very different response. lol
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:22:45 PM by Leadbelly »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10262 on: January 14, 2018, 10:17:38 PM »
Random thought but y’all wonder if Amir0x even knows the internet knows about him? Like it’s a possibility he thinks we think he just killed himself or took a break.
That would be so awesome. "Hey guys! Sorry I was out on a super secret anti trump operation. But I'm back now....hey where is everyone?"
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10263 on: January 14, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
Has a single 'bro' that you would expect to get outed at least once get hit? Nope. They know better than to fuck with crazy.
james franco
sylvester stallone
travis smiley
Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans
matt lauer
russell simmons
roy moore
steven seagal
dustin hoffman
george herbert walker bush
harvey weinstein

and before this, basically half of all football and basketball players, rock stars, rappers, and politicians
每天生气

FStop7

« Reply #10264 on: January 14, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
The antics of Weinstein, Singer, and Spacey were well known, at least around LA.  Way beyond rumors and innuendo.  Roland Emmerich seems to have avoided it for now, but he hosted lots of those parties. I’d heard stuff about Ian McKellan being involved but nothing as frequent or consistent as the others.  Brad Renfro killed himself because of what these people did to him.

etiolate

« Reply #10265 on: January 14, 2018, 11:02:38 PM »
so yer saying its basically like Gods and Monsters

Jansen

« Reply #10266 on: January 14, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/macquarie-dictionary-word-of-the-year-milkshake-duck.16474/

here come the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows to defend a meme

Jansen

« Reply #10267 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
Can we not trash talk Bowie? His body of work is too strong, IMO.

bowie was a piece of shit. it's a shame he is dead now cuz I'd love to see his sorry ass get metoo'd

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10268 on: January 14, 2018, 11:32:18 PM »
Can we not trash talk Bowie? His body of work is too strong, IMO.
Too bad you fell asleep within my eyesight, person of questionable age I'm about to molest, I have a grammy.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10269 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:28 PM »
If Michael Jackson can be got, no one is safe

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10270 on: January 15, 2018, 12:04:25 AM »
mj raped children, but I can't stop myself from listening to off the wall and thriller. I like the music too much  :-\

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10271 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:28 AM »
I dont care who produced the music I listen to as long as I like it, I'm mostly commenting in bemusement that you would open yourself up to hypocritical/logic gymnastics like 'not bowie, everyone else is okay'.

Jansen

« Reply #10272 on: January 15, 2018, 12:17:37 AM »
The sad fact is that if I had to judge every classic rock musician who fucked some high schooler who desperately wanted to fuck him, I wouldn't have much left to listen to, and it's a pretty good genre, so you know...

listen to what you wanna listen to and stfu then

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10273 on: January 15, 2018, 12:21:24 AM »
Just once I wish one of them would detail exactly how GAF was so terrible to women/LGB/blacks/T’s. It’s always just vague allusions that — I think — seem to be centered around the fact that even GAF’s ban rate for wrongthink was merely 98.6%, instead of the full 100%. And the 1.4% who managed to slip through were WORSE THAN GAMERGATE.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the T’s in particular bitch and whine so much they deserve a separate /
[close]

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10274 on: January 15, 2018, 12:22:18 AM »
I need to start refreshing the page more often. Yeesh.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10275 on: January 15, 2018, 12:29:09 AM »
Just once I wish one of them would detail exactly how GAF was so terrible to women/LGB/blacks/T’s. It’s always just vague allusions that — I think — seem to be centered around the fact that even GAF’s ban rate for wrongthink was merely 98.6%, instead of the full 100%. And the 1.4% who managed to slip through were WORSE THAN GAMERGATE.

the T’s in particular bitch and whine so much they deserve a separate /
[close]
GAF1.0/REE enshrined victimhood, is it really worth pondering why maladjusted, internet loner, attention-whores with no significant real life outlet would seek out perceived victimhood online?

Disclaimer just in case: Not saying there arent people struggling with real issues, those are not the people I'm talking about obviously.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #10276 on: January 15, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »
the best thing is when you realise all of cookie monster's flappy indignation is brought on by those small toxic males who let their galactic misogyny stand in the way of them recognising what a masterpiece the last jedi is.

that it only just about scraped 1.3bn shows how far we've got to go.

joe_zazen

« Reply #10277 on: January 15, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »
Nice post here:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3293433/

Echo chamber-itis seems unavoidable without some seriously self aware and intelligent mods who seek identity gratification through critical thinking.  And I dont even know how big of a market their is for actual beleif-challenging social media, as most people get off on thinking they are right and having that confirmed.  They also tend to get real angry when challenged.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #10278 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:09 AM »
Nola, why are you writing up long care posts on ResetERA?

:gurl

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10279 on: January 15, 2018, 12:48:22 AM »
The antics of Weinstein, Singer, and Spacey were well known, at least around LA.  Way beyond rumors and innuendo.  Roland Emmerich seems to have avoided it for now, but he hosted lots of those parties. I’d heard stuff about Ian McKellan being involved but nothing as frequent or consistent as the others.  Brad Renfro killed himself because of what these people did to him.

Ian McKellan has some Spacey-isms, AFAIK. I do recall a few rumors about him being at those parties, but generally he seems "stand-up"ish to be slightly suspect.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10280 on: January 15, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
People mention that Bowie was a sexual predator and Morrigan defends it.

There's no excusing sexual abuse, but describing what was happening in 70's culture isn't the same as excusing rape. Let's all keep a cool head and remain civil about this sensitive topic. Thanks.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3107812/

"They were all doing it" seems like excusing it to me. I doubt I'm alone in thinking this.

And in then in the Aziz thread.

Any clinical explanation about what goes on behind closed doors during foreplay will sound terrible. While I've never done the fingers in the mouth thing (maybe once or twice), if the other party were to describe what I was doing, it'd sound disgusting too.
User warned: downplaying sexual assault. People are disgusted because of the lack of clear consent, not because "describing sex is icky".

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3291638/

He comes back with this.

Mod who warned me should warn themselves too with what they wrote in a previous thread.
I'm sticking with food topics from now on.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3292257/

:miyamoto

Update!

:neogaf :mindblown :snoop

Continue using the master's tools to build your own prison.
sigh

Bravotyler

« Reply #10281 on: January 15, 2018, 01:24:04 AM »
Meanwhile, in an even more predictable thread, people find an excuse to simultaneously self-deprecate and pat themselves on the back.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/passing-on-your-genes-vs-adopting.16441/

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10282 on: January 15, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
All these warning and ban messages sound like they come from a 5th grader who watched Law and Order the night before.  Just say what they did instead of calling it "thread derailing" or "improper verbiage."  "Incorrect stance in issues of import."

When someone says you've "Improperly messaged an others lived experience," how the fuck are you supposed to know how to avoid doing that?
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #10283 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:35 AM »
Meanwhile, in an even more predictable thread, people find an excuse to simultaneously self-deprecate and pat themselves on the back.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/passing-on-your-genes-vs-adopting.16441/
There is something odd about the sentiment re “my genes are all fucked I’d rather adopt than pass them on” mixed with “there are already so many children in the world who need adopting”.. are you gonna genetically test your potential kids prior to adoption? Only pick the cream of the crop? Seems less altruistic if so.

Never mind forever alones commenting.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10284 on: January 15, 2018, 02:03:50 AM »
Ideally we’d just stop breeding altogether.

I'd join a GAF/ERA, Bore pact to sterilize so we don't pass our vile seed on.
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #10285 on: January 15, 2018, 02:04:27 AM »
The sad fact is that if I had to judge every classic rock musician who fucked some high schooler who desperately wanted to fuck him, I wouldn't have much left to listen to, and it's a pretty good genre, so you know...

listen to what you wanna listen to and stfu then

Why would I do that?

because you enjoy his music and don't care what he has done you dumb biatch

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10286 on: January 15, 2018, 02:17:21 AM »
All these warning and ban messages sound like they come from a 5th grader who watched Law and Order the night before.  Just say what they did instead of calling it "thread derailing" or "improper verbiage."  "Incorrect stance in issues of import."

When someone says you've "Improperly messaged an others lived experience," how the fuck are you supposed to know how to avoid doing that?

In the Resetera justice system, sexually based offences are considered especially heinous.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10287 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:48 AM »
You have been banned for the following reason: 1 Week Ban: Admittedly trolling Your ban will be lifted on Jan 21, 2018.

:sabu

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10288 on: January 15, 2018, 03:46:19 AM »
Get fucked, troll
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10289 on: January 15, 2018, 04:35:31 AM »
People have been using the Reset Xbox club to whine about being banned, I've been laughing at them LUL
fat

Nola

« Reply #10290 on: January 15, 2018, 05:10:56 AM »
Nola, why are you writing up long care posts on ResetERA?

:gurl

Someone needed to unapologetically out-pretentious Bobby in that thread, so why not me with my defining trait of brevity?

Honestly, just figured fuck it, why not? The Saints had me taking a DVR break from the game out of first half frustration and I caught wind of the thread. I’d gotten a few PM’s around there asking to come to the poliERA or why I don’t post more on the site, I just elaborated on that(a lot). Despite the obsessive naval gazing early on around here, I thought the site did a lot of things right early on and isn’t that far off from being a tolerable site.

...Of course the irony and lesson learned in wasting 25 minutes typing that up was that the mods(or mod in this case), embodying everything I should just accept is likely not going to change, locked the thread moments later and went back to slap warnings on people for mundane posts in the most Resetera way possible. A fairly fitting signal that I probably could of done something more productive and less masochistic with my time, like idk, tweezing out all of the hair on my nut sack.
[close]

Baiano19

« Reply #10291 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:27 AM »
Nice post here:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3293433/

Echo chamber-itis seems unavoidable without some seriously self aware and intelligent mods who seek identity gratification through critical thinking.  And I dont even know how big of a market their is for actual beleif-challenging social media, as most people get off on thinking they are right and having that confirmed.  They also tend to get real angry when challenged.

I wanted to reply to him but obviously the thread was locked, since it challenged the core of the echo chamber that Gaf 2 is.

Edit: oh, you are already here! I sent you a pm lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #10292 on: January 15, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »
why does half of reset have shit genes? misanthropy isn't a genetic condition.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10293 on: January 15, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »
Because you need some kind of damage to want to post on forums in 2018.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10294 on: January 15, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
why does half of reset have shit genes? misanthropy isn't a genetic condition.

Milkeugenics ducks.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10295 on: January 15, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3311026/

If you read the whole article, I really don't know how you can misread those cues that many times. It does feel like he was ignoring them on purpose.

Play-by-play commentary of testimonies now :shaqc
ὕβρις

Bravotyler

« Reply #10296 on: January 15, 2018, 09:10:31 AM »
Quote from: Aaron Stack
Adoption is the alternative to childbirth. When there is no more children to adopt, then childbirth becomes an option again. A logically consistent argument that doesn't rely on "Biological imperatives."

Quote from: Lady Murasaki
Having children, in general, is a subject so serious that it is almost impossible doing it without sad and harmful consequences for all involved - as many other things in life are, but when it comes about hurting a child in any way, it makes me hesitate.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10297 on: January 15, 2018, 09:35:43 AM »
That people on RE refuse to procreate should be a reason for joy.

etiolate

« Reply #10298 on: January 15, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
Eh, the word refuse implies some sense of opportunity. I guess I just don't have the magical imagination of a Bobby to fill in that sort of a plot hole.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10299 on: January 15, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »

I'd say that a majority have either taken enough hormones or had enough procedures on their organs to make that an entirely moot point.
woke

Bravotyler

« Reply #10300 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
I'm not sure what the incentive to buy into ERA's ideal future is given how many of them are misanthropic antinatalists trying to reconcile eugenics and being dependent on a surplus of children from poor countries, but it's all irrelevant anyways because climate change will render us extinct before the end of the century. We're moving into the "I'd rather not exist than get hurt" field.

On the other hand, passing your legacy onto your biological children is arguably a holdover from the time of (white) monarchies. The state should be collecting and distributing children randomly to ensure selflessness is maximized.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10301 on: January 15, 2018, 10:34:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/being-too-withdrawn-is-not-attractive.16523/

More evidence that procreation is not going to happen for most of them

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #10302 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »
 :thinking

Jansen

« Reply #10303 on: January 15, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3313468/

Quote from: Kokonoe, post: 3313468, member: 8001
So apparently she had been drinking (not surprised being as she walked right into the store after he said go against his will), and was bothering customers with "loud and disruptive behavior" so that's why he told her to leave.

Now the part where he really fucked up on, he didn't realize he was hitting her against the ground, but he was shaking her to make her realize the situation. That said, that's absolutely no excuse for him to do that and she's been diagnosed with a concussion apparently. Dude needs help.

He ended up turning himself in.

:doge

joe_zazen

« Reply #10304 on: January 15, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »

It’s bullshit YA edgy posing.  Talk to them again when they are 35 and planning for their first narcissistic vanity project...er I mean bundle of joy.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10305 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »
At some point they want a little version of themselves to screw up or throw a touchdown

They ain't that woke at 18
rub

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10306 on: January 15, 2018, 11:12:23 AM »
The way resetters talk is as if every sexual encounter between two people needs to have a notarized consent form between the participants lol.

Has anyone made a consent app yet like that dark mirror episode?  :thinking

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10308 on: January 15, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
ha, wow.

The irony of all this is that your typical beta, nerd online male is going to have THAT much of a harder time with the opposite sex. 

« Reply #10309 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »
also wtf at some people already over 5k posts in less than 3 months?  :kobeyuck

they're trying really hard and wanking themselves off over WHAT A VIBRANT ACTIVE COMMUNITY they have but in reality most topics are the same dozen people agreeing with each other and dogpiling anyone who even tangentially disagrees

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10311 on: January 15, 2018, 12:53:23 PM »
cheeseburger shark became a cheeseburger shark

agrajag

« Reply #10312 on: January 15, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
Honestly cheeseburger shark is the superior metaphor on every level. The duck one doesn't even make sense on its face, its beak would not allow it to drink through a straw.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10313 on: January 15, 2018, 01:16:34 PM »
Maybe the duck uses his own spiral straw to whip up a milkshake.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

FStop7

« Reply #10315 on: January 15, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »
Melting down in defense of a two bit hack like David Cage.  :lol

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #10316 on: January 15, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
Assimilate: *constantly whines about beta males*

Also assimilate: *posts on an internet message board, exclusively in a thread whining about a different message board, all day every day*

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10317 on: January 15, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
Good post by Gotchaye, Neogaf mod.
Can you list anything more evil than voting for trump?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10318 on: January 15, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »
Good post by Gotchaye, Neogaf mod.
Can you list anything more evil than voting for trump?

Voting for Trump twice?
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10319 on: January 15, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
The negativity has carried over from NeoGAF

The OT used to be an amazing place with tons of topics of different subjects where you could learn about stuff or laugh at wacky antics. Eventually it was taken over by politics, racial stuff, fast food threads and endless Disney Entertainement Products (tm) threads.

ResetERA was positive for about a week, then it's back to exactly the same song and routine. The etcetEra should be renamed at "COME GET PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS LATEST EVENT WITH US" at this point

I think we really need a separate sections for politics and horrible news. It is obvious that the negativity is a source of anxiety for many posters and makes this side of the forum 100% toxic.

The moderation team has to stop avoiding the issue and pretending that the current situation is not problematic.

The time to act has come now.
This is the wrong way to go. The carefree wonderful existence you speak of only exists when people dont have to be worried about their livelihoods and governments. I WILL NOT support removing these facts and putting them in a sub-bubble people can easily ignore.
So we can't discuss racism, misogyny snd homophobia happening around the world because you consider that toxic? I'm sorry but if you want to get your mind off real life there's plenty of other places to do so around the internet, the TOS of this forum permits political discussion in any thread that is appropriate to do so, including gaming threads.
Quote from: LionPride
Niggaa got me blown everytime they say some shit like "I go the internet to detatch myself" Okay

You on a message board

TF you think gon be talked about if some shit goes down
I WILL NOT BE SILENCED* ABOUT THE TOXIC CISHET MALE DOMINANCE OF THIS FORUM

*unless i choose to edit out my posts when i get back from a ban