Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2194026 times)

kingv

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10560 on: January 16, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »
Food for thought, vocal fry is worse than mansplaining.

FStop7

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10561 on: January 16, 2018, 10:44:23 PM »
Food for thought, vocal fry is worse than mansplaining.

I prefer vocal zoidberg.

Cravy

« Reply #10562 on: January 16, 2018, 10:45:03 PM »
Adder guy has been super aggressive about how that community is this and that and people who think x and y aren't welcome so it's going to be enjoyable if he's permed.

etiolate

« Reply #10563 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:12 PM »
Is Adder's avatar his picture?

Himu

« Reply #10564 on: January 16, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
Any new fuckery?
IYKYK

Cravy

« Reply #10565 on: January 16, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »

I believe so. It's real pic January dude.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #10566 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-dont-you-want-kids.16918/

Not one shocking response to be found.

I am 35, I do not see this changing at this point. This weekend, I played Mario Odyssey from Saturday thru Monday. It was nice and chill. With a child, I would imagine I would have to feed them, take them to some sort of activity, etc. 

:iface

etiolate

« Reply #10567 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:08 PM »

I believe so. It's real pic January dude.

oh dear

it looks like he's cosplaying a black militant

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10568 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »
"I believe it is a man thing" is not a good response.

Condescending, dismissive, etc. We have words for it.

We have the word late and the word tardy, so why do we have black people time?

These terms do something completely needless for bad reasons.

I mean...it is a man thing. The same way white people have a certain level of racial animus, men have a certain level of sexism. That's what happens when you live in a society built specifically for you.

The concept of "black people time" exists specifically because of white people stereotyping black people.

dude

You need to reexamine your assumptions.

There is a case for "it is a man" thing, but not in the way you're seeing it. Men are more likely to challenge authority, but that doesn't actually fall in line with the idea behind mansplaining. They are more risk taking, which may lead to them challenges others who society recognizes as experts. However, neither of those things fall in line with assumed authority, condescension and dismissive attitudes. A women with risk taking and disagreeableness would exhibit the same behavior. There certainly can be a legit "mansplaining", but its rare enough not to require the sexist phrasing and certainly not common enough to justify its frequency of use.

Also, society is not specifically built for any single person. I kind of need to know where you went wrong in order to address you on this any further. Perhaps I should ask why black time is stereotyping but mansplaining is not?

Aren't there fewer risk taking women historically due to how our society has been set up, specifically in relation to the roles we have established for men and women?

Of course society isn't built for any single person. Our society was specifically built to benefit white people, specifically white men.

To me there's a big difference between "black people time" and "mansplaining." One phrase is the creation of a dominant group to oppress another group ("black people are lazy/can't be trusted"). The other phrase is the creation of an oppressed group, describing one of the ways a dominant group antagonizes them. As I said earlier, I don't think a large percentage of "mansplaining" examples boil down to guys trying to shit on women. The question I'd ask is...why do a lot of guys seem to think that women can't possibly know what they're talking about when it comes to [insert topic]? Where does that mentality come from? Is it something singular, ie "this is just an individual issue that we can't extrapolate anything else from," or is it...again...something that has to do with how our society is set up, how men view themselves and how men view women?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:50:19 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #10569 on: January 16, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »
DICKS OUT FOR AMIR0X!!!!!!!!1

Boredfrom

« Reply #10570 on: January 16, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »
Both mansplaning and white privilege exist, but mansplaining probably would benefit to be relabeled as something that sounds less “whiny” to the casual observer.

Himu

« Reply #10571 on: January 16, 2018, 11:39:38 PM »
White privilege also exists but is probably a horrific argument to make because people only ever get defensive and you have to argue what privilege is rather than the issue at hand, which is white supremacy. Privilege should be retired in general population nomenclature.
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10572 on: January 16, 2018, 11:46:03 PM »
Jesus fuck would you assholes talk about something interesting? I’m unemployed and have time to kill and it’s like reading the dictionary in here. You ugly stupid bitches have me jonesin’ for CSPAN2.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #10573 on: January 16, 2018, 11:53:03 PM »

I mean...it is a man thing. The same way white people have a certain level of racial animus, men have a certain level of sexism. That's what happens when you live in a society built specifically for you.

The concept of "black people time" exists specifically because of white people stereotyping black people.

dude

There is a case for "it is a man" thing, but not in the way you're seeing it. Men are more likely to challenge authority, but that doesn't actually fall in line with the idea behind mansplaining. They are more risk taking, which may lead to them challenges others who society recognizes as experts. However, neither of those things fall in line with assumed authority, condescension and dismissive attitudes. A women with risk taking and disagreeableness would exhibit the same behavior. There certainly can be a legit "mansplaining", but its rare enough not to require the sexist phrasing and certainly not common enough to justify its frequency of use.

Also, society is not specifically built for any single person. I kind of need to know where you went wrong in order to address you on this any further. Perhaps I should ask why black time is stereotyping but mansplaining is not?

Aren't there fewer risk taking women historically due to how our society has been set up, specifically in relation to the roles we have established for men and women?

We don't know that is why. Across various species, similar gender patterns show up. It is also something in-grained from long ago, where we were a species still trying to make it day to day. If women were child rearing, then men had to go out to take risks in order to secure food, safety, health. Even though m/f distribution tends to come out even, a higher % of females reproduce than males. This creates reproductivity scarcity for one side that may lead to risk taking in order to pass on lineage. There's been various reasons for men to adopt risk taking as a trait. It is likely a nature+nurture outcome.

Only modernity gives us the space to question societal roles. Even in the countries that spend the most time and money to eliminate societal inequalities, the traditional gender roles come out, and some say they come out more strongly without societal tensions to test or limit biological factors.

Of course society isn't built for any single person. Our society was specifically built to benefit white people, specifically white men.

To me there's a big difference between "black people time" and "mansplaining." One phrase is the creation of a dominant group to oppress another group ("black people are lazy/can't be trusted"). The other phrase is the creation of an oppressed group, describing one of the ways a dominant group antagonizes them. As I said earlier, I don't think a large percentage of "mansplaining" examples boil down to get guy trying to shit on women. The question I'd ask is...why do a lot of guys seem to think that women can't possibly know what they're talking about when it comes to [insert topic]? Where does that mentality come from? Is it something singular, ie "this is just an individual issue that we can't extrapolate anything else from," or is it...again...something that has to do with how our society is set up, how men view themselves and how men view women?

I find critical theory to be mostly ass and this sounds like critical theory. At least crit theory without critical thinking.

There is of course a long history of race in America, but oppressor/oppressed dynamics as justification and logic has a bad history. Things are also far too complex for that. If the country or world was set up for white men then you wouldn't have so many white men struggle. There's many born-in advantages and disadvantages in life. Some advantages necessarily also come with their own disadvantage. I'd argue that white male isn't the strongest of those advantages. Being born into wealth, being born attractive, healthy and intelligent? Those are very strong predictors. They also travel across cultures and countries. Personality traits matter as well. It's far too complex to think such a large population as white males are set up for success. There's too much variance within that group in regards to various and vital traits, and too many strong-advantage traits required for reaching high success for that statement to hold weight over time. It's also very dismissive of female capability. Women have been making an impact even when they lacked many rights. They have mastered the social sphere over that same long history of human evolution, and considering that we are very social creatures, that is a strong tool to have.

So while many people may be white male, those white men are ultimately going to have to deal with being you, the individual rather than being the sum of two traits: white, male. The you is often going to find its difficult to make it in life. It's better to be born a Hilton sister than a Billy Bob.

But I just rattled off about the bs behind oppressor/oppressed views of the world.

The guys who think a woman can't possibly known about subject X are pompous asses. I imagine that view comes from sexism or at least lack of interaction with educated women. How common is that though? And why does that justify such a malicious term as mansplaining? Because you are trying to justify malicious intent through group identities and victimization.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10574 on: January 17, 2018, 12:01:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-dont-you-want-kids.16918/

Not one shocking response to be found.

I am 35, I do not see this changing at this point. This weekend, I played Mario Odyssey from Saturday thru Monday. It was nice and chill. With a child, I would imagine I would have to feed them, take them to some sort of activity, etc.

:iface
I, too, am 35 but — unlike you — I have small children (who I am keeping far away from Amir0x). Like you, we played Mario Odyssey this past weekend. I got the red side while the 2 year old got the blue side. His job was to make Mario jump and throw his hat when daddy says so. We played for a record setting 40 minutes before he realized he wanted to eat fish sticks in the bathtub.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10575 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:27 AM »
Etiolate part of that hardcore intellectual dark web! Wax that shit breh.  :doge

TVC15

« Reply #10576 on: January 17, 2018, 12:19:18 AM »

dude

We don't know that is why. Across various species, similar gender patterns show up. It is also something in-grained from long ago, where we were a species still trying to make it day to day. If women were child rearing, then men had to go out to take risks in order to secure food, safety, health. Even though m/f distribution tends to come out even, a higher % of females reproduce than males. This creates reproductivity scarcity for one side that may lead to risk taking in order to pass on lineage. There's been various reasons for men to adopt risk taking as a trait. It is likely a nature+nurture outcome.

Only modernity gives us the space to question societal roles. Even in the countries that spend the most time and money to eliminate societal inequalities, the traditional gender roles come out, and some say they come out more strongly without societal tensions to test or limit biological factors.

To me there's a big difference between "black people time" and "mansplaining." One phrase is the creation of a dominant group to oppress another group ("black people are lazy/can't be trusted"). The other phrase is the creation of an oppressed group, describing one of the ways a dominant group antagonizes them. As I said earlier, I don't think a large percentage of "mansplaining" examples boil down to get guy trying to shit on women. The question I'd ask is...why do a lot of guys seem to think that women can't possibly know what they're talking about when it comes to [insert topic]? Where does that mentality come from? Is it something singular, ie "this is just an individual issue that we can't extrapolate anything else from," or is it...again...something that has to do with how our society is set up, how men view themselves and how men view women?

I find critical theory to be mostly ass and this sounds like critical theory. At least crit theory without critical thinking.

There is of course a long history of race in America, but oppressor/oppressed dynamics as justification and logic has a bad history. Things are also far too complex for that. If the country or world was set up for white men then you wouldn't have so many white men struggle. There's many born-in advantages and disadvantages in life. Some advantages necessarily also come with their own disadvantage. I'd argue that white male isn't the strongest of those advantages. Being born into wealth, being born attractive, healthy and intelligent? Those are very strong predictors. They also travel across cultures and countries. Personality traits matter as well. It's far too complex to think such a large population as white males are set up for success. There's too much variance within that group in regards to various and vital traits, and too many strong-advantage traits required for reaching high success for that statement to hold weight over time. It's also very dismissive of female capability. Women have been making an impact even when they lacked many rights. They have mastered the social sphere over that same long history of human evolution, and considering that we are very social creatures, that is a strong tool to have.

So while many people may be white male, those white men are ultimately going to have to deal with being you, the individual rather than being the sum of two traits: white, male. The you is often going to find its difficult to make it in life. It's better to be born a Hilton sister than a Billy Bob.

But I just rattled off about the bs behind oppressor/oppressed views of the world.

The guys who think a woman can't possibly known about subject X are pompous asses. I imagine that view comes from sexism or at least lack of interaction with educated women. How common is that though? And why does that justify such a malicious term as mansplaining? Because you are trying to justify malicious intent through group identities and victimization.

serge

etiolate

« Reply #10577 on: January 17, 2018, 12:21:23 AM »
I was expecting that.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10578 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3390397/

Massive Duck CM's big story about hearing white people say the n-word comes from the PSP era.  And thus he thinks most white people use it all the time.
sigh

Hot Slice

« Reply #10579 on: January 17, 2018, 12:25:04 AM »
Hey Huelen, you were not exactly wrong in not liking violence to resolve political clashes in that Resetera thread.
Yep. I am against violence and rioting, and honestly just can’t in any good consciousness endorse dogpiling or the mob mentality. Then again, just because I was not exactly wrong doesn’t mean I was exactly right either. Food for thought.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10580 on: January 17, 2018, 12:42:22 AM »
Hey Huelen, you were not exactly wrong in not liking violence to resolve political clashes in that Resetera thread.
Yep. I am against violence and rioting, and honestly just can’t in any good consciousness endorse dogpiling or the mob mentality. Then again, just because I was not exactly wrong doesn’t mean I was exactly right either. Food for thought.

Remember this gem from amirox

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-is-rioting-and-looting-accomplishing-anarchy-changes-nothing.1036873/

One of the central arguments often pushed by news media, history classes and individuals viewing violent protests is that innocent people and businesses are getting hurt, and all it serves to do is to obfuscate any message they wish to convey to the general public. After all, nobody would argue that this is the result people want. This is fucked up stuff. I think it's sad, most people think it's sad.

Yet resetera totally agrees with it, like most things amirox says.  Ami later states that since violence works 25% of the time it means most of the time.
sigh

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10581 on: January 17, 2018, 12:47:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3390397/

Massive Duck CM's big story about hearing white people say the n-word comes from the PSP era.  And thus he thinks most white people use it all the time.

A thread on racism turns into more racism. It's astonishing.

TVC15

« Reply #10582 on: January 17, 2018, 12:55:47 AM »
I forgot how good Brogulls was.  I just went through all the sexy parts. Big Bro Ayden has a dick like an Olde English 40.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10583 on: January 17, 2018, 01:31:47 AM »
someone please do explain to me what the fuck is a intersectional feminist ?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #10584 on: January 17, 2018, 02:24:01 AM »

It’s feminism that also acknowledges the additional difficulties minority or queer women face beyond those faced by hetero-cis white women.

You can get a decent primer on the concept here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Intersectionality proposes that all aspects of one's identity need to be examined as simultaneously interacting with each other and affecting one's privilege and perception in society, and that these facets of identity cannot simply be observed separately. As such, intersectionality is not simply a view of personal identity, but rather an overarching analysis of power hierarchies present within identities. The framework of intersectionality also provides an insight into how multiple systems of oppression interrelate and are interactive.[7] Intersectionality is not a static field; rather, it is dynamic and constantly developing as response to formations of complex social inequalities. Intersectionality can be seen as an "overarching knowledge project".[2] Within this overarching umbrella, there are multiple knowledge projects that evolve "in tandem with changes in the interpretive communities that advance them".[2]

I think I get it but I just wish it had a much clearer definition.  I wish the term were as easy to digest as homophobia, sexism, or aristocracy.   Instead intersectionatliy is more like math, history or film.  It is incredibly pervasive and present in everything to the point that unless you grew up with the concept you have to mold your mind to fit it in.

Right, other white men over 40?
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #10585 on: January 17, 2018, 02:37:45 AM »
Intersectional feminism is individuality minus the individual. It's sort of like my rundown of advantage/disadvantage if you took out all the science and honesty. You start comparing how different factors impact you in very cosmetic and shallow ways, such as "oh I'm a woman and I'm black", and you continue on those paths until you get to other token isms like ableism and such, until you start to bump against the science and complexities just to realize you're headed towards the suffering of the individual and bail ship because that observation ruins the whole scam.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10586 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:57 AM »
If all of you would just invest as much time in normal people things, like sports and yum brand eatery vlogs, you'd be better off.

agrajag

« Reply #10587 on: January 17, 2018, 03:00:47 AM »

dude

To me there's a big difference between "black people time" and "mansplaining." One phrase is the creation of a dominant group to oppress another group ("black people are lazy/can't be trusted"). The other phrase is the creation of an oppressed group, describing one of the ways a dominant group antagonizes them. As I said earlier, I don't think a large percentage of "mansplaining" examples boil down to guys trying to shit on women. The question I'd ask is...why do a lot of guys seem to think that women can't possibly know what they're talking about when it comes to [insert topic]? Where does that mentality come from? Is it something singular, ie "this is just an individual issue that we can't extrapolate anything else from," or is it...again...something that has to do with how our society is set up, how men view themselves and how men view women?

Most of the time I see the word mansplaining thrown around doesn't in reality have anything to do with the gender. And the person seeing mansplaining everywhere ends up coming across as "how dare a MAN explain something to a WOMAN." Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll answer your rhetorical question with my own. Why is it that some people think that every woman must know everything there is to know about every subject? If you swap the gender of the person who is doing the 'splaining, it becomes clear how silly the concept can come across.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
that is not to say that there aren't sexist men who condescendingly explain things to women that they don't understand because they are woman, but you insist that there can be mansplaining without any ill intent
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10588 on: January 17, 2018, 03:12:23 AM »
If all of you would just invest as much time in normal people things, like sports and yum brand eatery vlogs, you'd be better off.
you sound like my dad

daddy? is that you?
[close]

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10589 on: January 17, 2018, 03:20:52 AM »
Ok, in order to celebrate the bitcoin crash, here's a throwback to the post that got me to join NeoGAF.com
I had some money in Gox. Started with $20 and turned it into $47 over a week. That weeks trading was a proof of concept for me, can trading bitcoin be viable as a means of income? Let's just say I've been encouraged by my success.

I lost that little bit of money but I'm am hardly deterred. Will be purchasing $500 of bitcoin soon to trade on another exchange. Will probably hold off buying however while I let things calm down a bit.

What many of you will never understand is that rich people become rich by taking risks. They take a risk and fail. They take a risk and fail. They take a risk and fail. They take a risk and HIT. And when they hit they hit big.

If I invest $500 and make a steady 2% roi daily for a couple of years I become a millionaire. Simple as that. If I lose $500 I lose $500. A risk worth taking when the potential for great reward is so great. Of course I could could invest nothing and do 9-5 boring as shit drudgery in a job I hate with the $500 saved to later be spend on some worthless materialistic junk in vogue at the time.
You can lol all you want but the joke is seriously going to be on you guys if I bump this thread in a year telling everyone my scheme worked and I'm now as loaded as all fuck, driving a high class sports car, looking hot as all fuck :)

And I have to do it. I have to pull this off. I've got a point to prove to this skeptical, cynical world.

Anyway, my scheme. It's basic compounding. 2% roi daily (averaged over time) is equivalent to an annual interest rate of 730% a year. The compound factor is daily.

A 2% roi can be achieved with a few successful trades a day on a bitcoin market such as BTC-e. Losses can be minimised through conditional stop loss orders if the price falls below the line of support. The majority of trades should be successful through the use of solid good chart analysis fundamentals and not letting emotion get in the way of strategy.

So I say a millionaire within a few years? Ok.

Use the following parameters in this compound interest calculator - http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php

Annual Rate 730%
Compound Rate Daily

A base of $1000, getting a 2% roi daily will return 1.3 million after 1 year.

The question is can one actually achieve 2% daily? I achieved 17% daily averaged over the last week. I'm confident enough.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10590 on: January 17, 2018, 03:23:21 AM »
you sound like my dad

daddy? is that you?
[close]
Yes, and you better fucking stop drinking all my soda, son! :maf

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10591 on: January 17, 2018, 03:33:06 AM »
There certainly can be a legit "mansplaining", but its rare enough not to require the sexist phrasing and certainly not common enough to justify its frequency of use.
Says you.

Also, is this where I remind you of your dismissive "words only have power because you grant it to them" attitude?

Lionpride tries to pass of that he's totally black but then when someone calls him out on his horrible grammar and writing style he'll momentarily start writing without street slang  :doge

Too funny.
That's called code switching. If you have an appreciable regional accent, you're likely doing it too, for instance when you're talking to your parents on the phone, or go back home for an event. We all subtly (or not so subtly) adapt the way we speak depending on the audience, i.e. there's nothing 'weird' about it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:42:43 AM by Rufus »

benjipwns

« Reply #10592 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:17 AM »
Since 2015, the term neoliberal has been used incorrectly well over 90% of the time.
i'd argue it's a borderline unnecessary term that exists purely because we had to go and fuck everything up definition wise

most people have never used neoconservative properly and that was a term that had a very simple definition and didn't apply to most of the W. Bush administration figures like Cheney/Rumsfeld/etc. for example, neoliberal has been treated the same way when it was arguably similarly specific about former communists who were adopting liberal economic policies

even in modern American politics it's funny that "conservative" powers all have proposed at one time or another at least rhetorically what is hardly "conservative" and sometimes even "radical" changes to the status quo, and there's often instances where they aren't even "reactionary" or want to roll back things in terms of the American political status quo... the best example being W. Bush's Social Security proposal, that was not conservative, it was a radical restructuring of the almost 70 year old program and ignoring any debate at least rhetorically the only "conservative" part was it being positioned as reform to "save" the core goals of Social Security by overhauling it to work better for the 21st Century (Obama's "you can keep your plan and doctor" is a similar conservative framing of what was in fact extensive reform)

i think "conservative" has survived unlike everything else from becoming a strong epithet in American politics because American politics is inherently conservative by a traditional definition of the word, Republicans basically lucked into casting their often changing ideology as "conservatism" and then wearing the label proudly whereas Democrats run from labels within five years of adopting them, i mean they're already afraid of "progressive" again it seems like :lol
[close]

Also keep an eye on this guy:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blackrock-worlds-largest-investor-demands-companies-contribute-to-society-or-else.16779/#post-3360196
I've only seen him post that capitalism is about to collapse while I'm watching a Youtube video of Venezuelans hunting their own pets for food.
SG-17 has posted like that for years, on NeoGAF.com that would often be the only thing he'd post in a thread sometimes :lol

actually he has an account here iirc, and i think some of that GAF/ERA stuff is, while likely his opinion, intentionally framed as hardline as possible, only nobody challenges it anymore because GAF/ERA became all about the anti-capitalism in name only fad of the moment type rhetoric years ago to where you had both people who would ideologically drop the gloves for capitalism or socialism/communism realize its as serious to take as the rest of the places political debate

etiolate

« Reply #10593 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:27 AM »
I'm not talking about the power of the word. I shat all over the word. We're debating the intent and validity of the word.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10594 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:57 AM »
I'm not talking about the power of the word. I shat all over the word. We're debating the intent and validity of the word.
You do think it is a malicious term and subsequently I can assume that you want to stop people from using it. See also the energy you're investing into the discussion, but that's secondary to the former.

benjipwns

« Reply #10595 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:55 AM »
I only skimmed this important debate but I'd suggest that "mansplaining" on ERA is just an appeal to the audience, because most posters aren't going to know your gender in order to actively do it, they're just being regular condescending to you, which you'd know if you knew things rather than making everyone tired by having to explain it to you yet again...sigh... can we just not

Once again I note, it's something they could have prevented by having a posters confirmed gender and race shown on every post as suggested in the early days.

etiolate

« Reply #10596 on: January 17, 2018, 03:51:39 AM »
You do think it is a malicious term and subsequently I can assume that you want to stop people from using it. See also the energy you're investing into the discussion, but that's secondary to the former.

This is energy spent on conversation that I enjoy since it leads towards discovery.

It is a malicious term and you can see that in how often it is misused or used very carelessly. I would not ever stop people from using it. I aim to show its nature and let people decide, with that information and understanding, how they wish to use it.  PD asked how its hateful, so I explained its assumptions, its faults, and its similarity to other terms that would be seen as heinous.

agrajag

« Reply #10597 on: January 17, 2018, 04:02:47 AM »
Can a man mansplain something to another man?

:mindblown

etiolate

« Reply #10598 on: January 17, 2018, 04:03:30 AM »
They do it all the time.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10599 on: January 17, 2018, 04:09:20 AM »
This is energy spent on conversation that I enjoy since it leads towards discovery.

It is a malicious term and you can see that in how often it is misused or used very carelessly. I would not ever stop people from using it. I aim to show its nature and let people decide, with that information and understanding, how they wish to use it.  PD asked how its hateful, so I explained its assumptions, its faults, and its similarity to other terms that would be seen as heinous.
This recap doesn't disprove my assertion.

etiolate

« Reply #10600 on: January 17, 2018, 04:11:47 AM »
Your assertion was that i wanted people to stop using it. I said no, they can use it, but they better understand it.

So yes it disproves your assertion.

Stop replying to me with this weak shit Rufus.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10601 on: January 17, 2018, 04:12:11 AM »
Well, I'll be. I was anti capitalism before it became a fad!   :jeanluc
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10602 on: January 17, 2018, 04:15:26 AM »
Guys, guys, remember what we learned from the enlightened ones at reset. If someone tells you something is offensive to them, you don't get to tell them that they're wrong! Unless they're white or male. So sit down etoilet.
que

benjipwns

« Reply #10603 on: January 17, 2018, 04:15:36 AM »
Can a man mansplain something to another man?

:mindblown
this question makes no sense, the other man would already know it due to being a man

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10604 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:33 AM »

Now you are being obvious in your Trolling.

Holy shit. Opinion you can't stomach != trolling. Stop Bobbying.
woke

agrajag

« Reply #10605 on: January 17, 2018, 04:30:18 AM »
Well, I'll be. I was anti capitalism before it became a fad!   :jeanluc

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10606 on: January 17, 2018, 04:31:06 AM »
Your assertion was that i wanted people to stop using it. I said no, they can use it, but they better understand it.

Did you just mansplain his own assertion

etiolate

« Reply #10607 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »
I damn well fucking did, sir.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10608 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:06 AM »
someone please do explain to me what the fuck is a intersectional feminist ?

Essentially, it's when you're a feminist but have time to virtue signal for others.

you sound like my dad

When you see him next, pass on my congratulations for passing his cognitive test with flying colors and only being marginally overweight.

woke

agrajag

« Reply #10609 on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:00 AM »

Did you just mansplain his own assertion

Rufus is a chick?

Hey there lil lady, lemme 'splain to you how tractors work

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10610 on: January 17, 2018, 04:34:45 AM »

So yes it disproves your assertion.
You're allowed to change your mind. /shrug

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10611 on: January 17, 2018, 04:42:09 AM »
actually he has an account here iirc, and i think some of that GAF/ERA stuff is, while likely his opinion, intentionally framed as hardline as possible, only nobody challenges it anymore because GAF/ERA became all about the anti-capitalism in name only fad of the moment type rhetoric years ago to where you had both people who would ideologically drop the gloves for capitalism or socialism/communism realize its as serious to take as the rest of the places political debate

I never understood how the same folk who were all about smashing the system in GAF OT were also the ones who masturbated over the steel book special edition video games thread. I'm guessing they probably looked a lot like this:

woke

agrajag

« Reply #10612 on: January 17, 2018, 04:45:11 AM »
hey, I have a soviet arm and sickle shirt. but i have it mostly for novelty because it was a souvenier and I am actually russian, not as an ideological statement. and one time some dude at a bar tried to start an ideological debate with me over the shirt, and i stopped wearing it in public after that

etiolate

« Reply #10613 on: January 17, 2018, 04:47:03 AM »
I once almost bought a Lenin shirt from a local store that was selling it for $19 but my Ukranian friend's attitude toward Russia warned me that I should not employ such icons even if it was ironically.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10614 on: January 17, 2018, 04:47:37 AM »
hey, I have a soviet arm and sickle shirt. but i have it mostly for novelty because it was a souvenier and I am actually russian, not as an ideological statement. and one time some dude at a bar tried to start an ideological debate with me over the shirt, and i stopped wearing it in public after that
They should have just taken a picture of you to post on social media.

agrajag

« Reply #10615 on: January 17, 2018, 04:52:49 AM »
dont doxx bro

benjipwns

« Reply #10616 on: January 17, 2018, 05:30:02 AM »
you'd have to be pretty messed up to use any kind of communist era imagery in a humorous or comedic manner

pretty pretty pretty messed up

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10617 on: January 17, 2018, 05:47:58 AM »
I once almost bought a Lenin shirt from a local store that was selling it for $19 but my Ukranian friend's attitude toward Russia warned me that I should not employ such icons even if it was ironically.
What's their problem with the beatles?

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10618 on: January 17, 2018, 05:49:29 AM »
Did anyone on Reeeee see anything about the Professor Jordan Peterson / Lobster stuff?

He stated last night that hierarchical organisation is 100% genetically hard-wired and has nothing to do with a capitalist patriarchy - going so far to say that it wasn't just a matter of opinion, but that the whole patriarchy thing is "patently absurd" and "seriously wrong".

I feel that if/when that thread shows up, it'll be a bastion of fair and even-handed moderation.
woke

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10619 on: January 17, 2018, 05:50:26 AM »
Imagine has the blood of dozens of millions on its verses.
Yoko Ono is a classic oriental despot.
ὕβρις