Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174781 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10680 on: January 17, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »
I like it when dumb sorority girl stories happen because it reminds me how much fun it is to do slutty sorority slutbag fantasies. I’d catch so much fuckin dick. My ladyparts would look like a melty Dali painting after a good night.
serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10681 on: January 17, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »
I like it when dumb sorority girl stories happen because it reminds me how much fun it is to do slutty sorority slutbag fantasies. I’d catch so much fuckin dick. My ladyparts would look like a melty Dali painting after a good night.

Leadbelly

« Reply #10682 on: January 17, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »

The problem isn't simply that they have done lesser 'crimes' it is also that by a mere accusation people are having their lives, careers and reputation completely destroyed. Due process is simply being thrown out of the window. And she acts as if the consequences aren't big because they never went to jail over it.
It's the paradox that the "court of public opinion" doesn't have to follow concepts like innocent until proven guilty because it has no power, while they at the same time ascribe a ton of importance to public opinion and are well aware that it can destroy careers.

Yeah. I notice that internal inconsistencies seems to be a common thing with modern leftists these days.

You know, I was thinking about this the other day, and couldn't quite remember why. It has just come to me what it was. It was those Beefy posts.

This one in particular:
Thought policing of bigotry isn't a bad thing. Lol at saying me not wanting people to be bigots is worse then being Farron a actual bigot

I mean there is quite a few things wrong with this post, but I found the internal inconsistencies of his viewpoint quite extraordinary. First of all, everything he said here, the exact opposite is true. Farron believed that in a theological sense homosexuality is a sin. Farron is not technically a bigot though because bigotry requires an intolerance of, which considering he regularly voted for LGBT rights it seems obvious that he quite clearly tolerated the LGBT community. However Beefy quite clearly is a bigot because he would not afford Farron the same courtesy Farron affords others. Think about that for a second... Farron would actively fight for the rights of the LGBT community despite believing in a theological sense that homosexuality is a sin, while it seems Beefy would actively pursue stripping Farron of the right to even hold that opinion in the first place. Thought policing isn't bad, he says. That is so Orwellian.

The internal inconsistencies of that stance are incredible. He is everything he accuses others of being but he doesn't see it because, well, I think his thoughts are clouded by the notion that what he is doing is just and virtuous. I think that is why it is so insidious. I don't think the internal inconsistencies even came into it. He is right because he is morally right.

The point is, I think that is the problem: I think their judgment is too clouded by the notion of being morally virtuous for them to notice the flaws in their thinking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:26:21 PM by Leadbelly »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10683 on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »
I wonder how many grown Nintendo fans will pay $70 for cardboard. Probably a decent amount.

(Image removed from quote.)

Who is this guy and did he ever turn out gay
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #10684 on: January 17, 2018, 07:46:18 PM »
I wonder how many grown Nintendo fans will pay $70 for cardboard. Probably a decent amount.

Who is this guy and did he ever turn out gay

Some dude running a really weird (but afaik somewhat big) fanboy channel - originally monetizing trailer reuploads iirc - , who I think got banned on old GAF for that pic. I wonder if he's on REEE. :doge (I also remember he once joined the same Monster Hunter WiiU room as me, totally sucked and kept apologizing for it).

Leadbelly

« Reply #10685 on: January 17, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-interview-on-channel-4-news.17170/

lol
The guy asks Reset what they think.

I wonder what they think...

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10686 on: January 17, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-interview-on-channel-4-news.17170/

lol

This gun be good.

That journalist is one angry cunt :lol

etiolate

« Reply #10687 on: January 17, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
The point in that interview where the light goes on in Cathy Newman's head is great. 

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #10688 on: January 17, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »

Clean your room.

Rman

« Reply #10689 on: January 17, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »
That why are you not in a relationship thread is cringey beyond belief.

Dennis

« Reply #10690 on: January 17, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »
That cardboard babby Nintendo

:dead :dead :dead

etiolate

« Reply #10691 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »
Peterson thread already closed. :lol

Rman

« Reply #10692 on: January 17, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »
Is Peterson off limits on Reset?

Leadbelly

« Reply #10693 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
Peterson thread already closed. :lol

Predictable. I knew the shit would hit the fan.

Rman

« Reply #10694 on: January 17, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »
What so special about Peterson? They have threads on Trump daily and he's hated there. 

Leadbelly

« Reply #10695 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »
What so special about Peterson? They have threads on Trump daily and he's hated there.

Nothing other than he opposes the trans legislation in Canada. That's the reason they hate him.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10696 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »

He's a white alt-right racist sexist nazi straight cishet scumlord. Or something.

etiolate

« Reply #10697 on: January 17, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
Well, that interview had a host who asked every slanderous thing she could and kept misrepresenting Peterson over and over, and he calmly and jovially corrected her repeatedly until about the 24 min mark where she realized her entire career was proof of his point.

So that vid is open discussion in action which leads to the ignorant person learning something when the ignorant person sounds a lot like Reset members. To reset, something like that should be marked as radioactive.

Rman

« Reply #10698 on: January 17, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »
Well, that interview had a host who asked every slanderous thing she could and kept misrepresenting Peterson over and over, and he calmly and jovially corrected her repeatedly until about the 24 min mark where she realized her entire career was proof of his point.

So that vid is open discussion in action which leads to the ignorant person learning something when the ignorant person sounds a lot like Reset members. To reset, something like that should be marked as radioactive.

The reactions were just bizarre.  Dude is really hated.  Wouldn't think Reset would be so easy to poke. 

Leadbelly

« Reply #10699 on: January 17, 2018, 08:35:11 PM »

lol

The whole interview was basically a huge 'got you' attempt. I've never watched an interview where the journalist asking the questions is so hoplessly desperate to make the interviewee trip up somewhere. She was throwing everything at him including the kitchen sink.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10700 on: January 17, 2018, 08:56:41 PM »
Is Peterson off limits on Reset?

Going by the mod post it's more that those threads turn to shit rather than that Peterson is a person non-grata, but I suppose that doesn't matter all that much as the outcome is the same

Rman

« Reply #10701 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:45 PM »
So I listened to the interview.  30 minutes.  Nothing he said seemed unreasonable.  Seems like he's misrepresented, unless there is more that is missing. Also, he seems to have billions of YT videos. No time for that, but I couldn't find anything remotely transphobic. 

I thought he was going to be another Alex Jones type based on the responses on Reset.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10702 on: January 17, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »
How is that guy a christian?

Leadbelly

« Reply #10703 on: January 17, 2018, 09:33:18 PM »
So I listened to the interview.  30 minutes.  Nothing he said seemed unreasonable.  Seems like he's misrepresented, unless there is more that is missing. Also, he seems to have billions of YT videos. No time for that, but I couldn't find anything remotely transphobic.

No there isn't anythign transphobic about his viewpoint. He does not believe that compelled speech should be written into law. In other words, he does not believe anyone has to right to compel someone else to use whatever pronoun they wish to be identified by. It has nothing to do with whether or not you actually do refer to someone by their preferred pronoun, it's the written into law bit he objects to. As he said, he is quite happy to call someone 'she' if they want to be called 'she'.

A lot of it is to do with 'gender-neutral pronouns' anyway. Most trans people conform to the gender-binary. They are quite happy to be called 'he' or 'she'.

Odrion

« Reply #10704 on: January 17, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »
it's like that webcomic meme of the reasonable author and the unreasonable strawman except it's real and i want to die
._.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10705 on: January 17, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »

Clean your room.

:dead

This alone will trigger the entirety of retardreset

Rman

« Reply #10706 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »

No there isn't anythign transphobic about his viewpoint. He does not believe that compelled speech should be written into law. In other words, he does not believe anyone has to right to compel someone else to use whatever pronoun they wish to be identified by. It has nothing to do with whether or not you actually do refer to someone by their preferred pronoun, it's the written into law bit he objects to. As he said, he is quite happy to call someone 'she' if they want to be called 'she'.

A lot of it is to do with 'gender-neutral pronouns' anyway. Most trans people conform to the gender-binary. They are quite happy to be called 'he' or 'she'.

Yeah, he corrected the interviewer on that.  I guess I don't see why he's so represented.  And he seems to have tons of video on YT so it should be easy to get a gotcha.  He seems more of a non-insane Canadian Conservative.

Leadbelly

« Reply #10707 on: January 17, 2018, 09:43:36 PM »

Yeah, he corrected the interviewer on that.  I guess I don't see why he's so represented.  And he seems to have tons of video on YT so it should be easy to get a gotcha.  He seems more of a non-insane Canadian Conservative.

Yeah. It is simply to do with him having the audacity to oppose the legislation full stop. That is it. In their minds only a disgusting neo-nazi alt-right racist transphobe would do such a thing. They then make a bunch of spurious claims to try and prove their assumptions.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10708 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »

Pretty much.  The stupid thing is that he's apparently misrepresenting the law that he complains about.  He's created a dystopian idea that he is leading the charge against which doesn't seem to be in the pipe line at all. 
sigh

Leadbelly

« Reply #10709 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »

Pretty much.  The stupid thing is that he's apparently misrepresenting the law that he complains about.  He's created a dystopian idea that he is leading the charge against which doesn't seem to be in the pipe line at all.

I've heard that too. Although, I've also heard that Peterson didn't outright claim it is meant to be used that way, only that the language is vague enough it could be interpreted that way. This is something that happenss all the time I think. The NSA's secret interpretations spring to mind. In that regard, the Lindsay Shepherd affair was said by a number of people to kind of prove his point on that.

That said, in terms of the state actually using it in that way, that may be more unlikely. Of course whether he is right or wrong, it is kind of irrelevant.

etiolate

« Reply #10710 on: January 17, 2018, 10:02:37 PM »

Some lawyers claim he misrepresents the bill, but he was advised by a lawyer on the bill who backed his reading of the code. Though it's a shell game with the truth here. The bill itself cannot do all that he claims, but the bill feeds into the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal which then can issue fines and set standards. So it's not the bill by itself, but the other law departments it connects to that create the compelled speech issue.

The Lindsey Shepherd thing is an example of how once put into code, and with the threat of the human rights tribunal, organizations looking to legally cover their ass will view it just as Peterson claims.

You can also look at the Dear College letter in regards to Title IX. The letter is not law and never states to directly take away fair hearings, but the threat of the letter and how it gives activists power lead to colleges violating student rights during investigations.

Jansen

« Reply #10711 on: January 17, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-talk-about-the-god-of-war-direction.17186/

I justcouldn't get enough of Krato's brutality and brashness. I can identify with the character on so many levels, but that's neither here nor there. Fast forward to the initial reveal of the new God of War...I'm lost!

admit that you identify with Psychopaths :kobeyuck

Leadbelly

« Reply #10712 on: January 17, 2018, 10:06:05 PM »

Some lawyers claim he misrepresents the bill, but he was advised by a lawyer on the bill who backed his reading of the code. Though it's a shell game with the truth here. The bill itself cannot do all that he claims, but the bill feeds into the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal which then can issue fines and set standards. So it's not the bill by itself, but the other law departments it connects to that create the compelled speech issue.

The Lindsey Shepherd thing is an example of how once put into code, and with the threat of the human rights tribunal, organizations looking to legally cover their ass will view it just as Peterson claims.

You can also look at the Dear College letter in regards to Title IX. The letter is not law and never states to directly take away fair hearings, but the threat of the letter and how it gives activists power lead to colleges violating student rights during investigations.

The Title IX thing is actually a really good example. The Dear colleague letter actually changed the way Colleges interpreted Title IX.

Jansen

« Reply #10713 on: January 17, 2018, 10:09:26 PM »
Tomorrow we will begin running ads on ResetEra! Check out The Big Funding Update for all the details.

welp lets see if they can manage to not be as bad as neogafs use to be

Shuri

« Reply #10714 on: January 17, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
3.99$ a month for an adless version of REsetera  :busta

Boredfrom

« Reply #10715 on: January 17, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »
Is kind of gross how excelsiorlef tries to pretend she was not a unreasonable shithead in a lynch mob just a day ago about the Grace debacle.

I think what is really interesting is that this has exposed an absolute generational gap between older feminists and younger feminists (and no Way's behaviour is not representative of all younger feminists).

It's also the divide again between an older "No Means No" and a newer "Yes means Yes"

It's unfortunate that all these older feminists (well except Flannigan she's just an anti-feminist) opted to go fult tilt on attacking Grace rather than trying to encourage a broader discussion where Aziz's career isn't destroyed (and really he's gonna fine) and we talk about how to create a society where pressuring and pressuring for sex is seen as universally unacceptable.

All thse women are absolutely acting as gatekeepers for what is MeToo... but fuck MeToo isn't even just for women, are we forgetting about Spacey and Singer?

Jesus, you were calling him names a day ago...

BadAss2961

« Reply #10716 on: January 17, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
:tauntaun

Leadbelly

« Reply #10717 on: January 17, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »
Anyway I wanted to comment on this post:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3433056/
Fuck Jordan Peterson. This asshole rakes in thousands of dollars every month telling alt-righters what they want to hear.

The reason I bring attention to it is because by a funny coincidence I watched a youtube video yesterday, purely because it was in the related section. It was a video by Matt Christiansen. Never watched one of his videos before and quite enjoyed it. It wasn't about Jordan Peterson, but one of is other videos was and I watched that as well. The reason i bring it up is because I think this person got their information from the same article Matt Christiansen criticises.

BadAss2961

« Reply #10718 on: January 17, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
Looks like GAF switching over to XenForo was a mistake. The old design was outdated, but familiar. Became its identity over the years. The one thing it had left... Now it's just #metooERA.

Shit is deader than fried chicken. Evilore might be bagging groceries soon.

FStop7

« Reply #10719 on: January 17, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-tells-complaining-millennials-give-me-a-break.17197/

Joe Biden is now an alt-right Nazi, the chicken tendies have hit the fan.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10720 on: January 17, 2018, 10:40:36 PM »

lol

Didnt really know this dude apart from that interview with the bald social studies idiot and he seems super reasonable in the face of stupid arguements, hence I can see why he makes gaf mad  :playa

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

El Babua

« Reply #10723 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »
Joe Biden is an old, out of touch Democrat that will probably lose to Trump if the party decides it wants to be Republican-lite for 2020.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10724 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »

If you happen to get banned, we will cancel your subscription for you.
Thank you, Cerium!  :-*
每天生气

« Reply #10725 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:48 PM »
Looks like GAF switching over to XenForo was a mistake. The old design was outdated, but familiar. Became its identity over the years. The one thing it had left... Now it's just #metooERA.

Shit is deader than fried chicken. Evilore might be bagging groceries soon.

I think Resetera/Xenforo looks like crap compared to the old GAF design.  The modern features are nice, I guess, but it's ugly and feels more bloated. 

Aside from the color scheme, GAF on XF is even worse than Resetera.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I thought old GAF looked good and easy to use both on desktop and mobile.
They should switch back imo.

Not that it would save the site, obv.

shosta

« Reply #10726 on: January 17, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
I wonder what the users think.
ENLARGE YOUR PENIS
THE MAGIC PILL GUARANTEED TO WORK
JUST $9.99 !

Ok I'll subscribe but my money had better be spent on drug and sex parties.

Wow, $40 / yr is...high. I can't imagine the per-user cost, even for active users, is that much. It feels about twice as expensive as I expected. Websites with full editorial staff and content production cost $30-$60 a year. This is just a text only forum with no curated content and a volunteer staff. How was the $40 / yr arrived at?

Quote from: Entremet
Clear users should have a custom tag option, no?
This is fantastic. Thank you for going the extra mile to protect members from shitty ads.
^Stay safe
This. Running a forum of this size is a business.
thnk u mods <3

EDIT: Looks like Cerium didn't go through his cult survivor sensitivity training.

Yeah I have an issue with the name Era Clear, it sounds like a Scientology term. In fact Going Clear is a Scientology term.

Going Clear is something Scientolgists get to when they spend so much amount of money.. see what I’m getting at?

Can we change it to something else? How about Era Up or SuperResetEra.

I know it’s something minor but I just feel uncomfortable with the name
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:09:40 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #10727 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
Also, there will now be an incentive to be more lenient with bans for subscribers vs non subscribers. I'm not saying that is guaranteed to happen, since the moderation thus far has been great. I'm just saying there is an incentive there now.
is this how we finally fix the banhammer problem? selling out?

also this is the greatest idea ever:
While we're suggesting great ideas like animated avatars and NSFW ads, I would like to suggest the idea of a "ResetEra After Dark" for a nominal fee where users can engage in consensual ERP.

Also client side only, but I would like to change everyone's avatar into a female anime character. I find this will only increase positive discussion and profits.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:10:32 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #10728 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »
lmao, GAF Gold is real.

Dennis is currently throwing money at his 8k monitor.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10729 on: January 17, 2018, 11:17:36 PM »
$40 a year? How much are their server costs that they are charging that much for adblock and zero extra services? Giant Bomb is $50 a year and I get a shirt and a ton of premium videos on top of adblocking.

shosta

« Reply #10730 on: January 17, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »
people will just use adblock unless they're considerably insane.
i'd rather be insane than alt-right. and luckily for every one of you parasites there's a million of us virtue signallers:
Welcome to the whitelist, Era.
You on my whitelist, fam
Whitelist from me, can't wait to make threads about wacky ads I get.
Whitelisted weeks ago in anticipation for this. I wish I could afford the Era clean simply to offer support, but I'm at my lowest point financially and I can't even afford games. :D

I wont pay (GOTTA GET GAMES!) but ill whitelist the site from adblock tomorrow
Whether it be by Era Clear or whitelist, I’m very happy that I’m going to be able to support my favourite site. Thanks guys for all the wonderful work you do.
brb whitelisting

Never whitelisted the old site but this time it feels like the right thing to do.
I've had the site whitelisted with my ad-blocker since it first opened just to be sure I wouldn't forget when ads did eventually come.
I truly love this forum and a large part of that is how insane it is that it even happened at all. The way the fallen GAF community came together so quickly is nothing short of awe-inspiring. I was in the Discord channels and I watched it happen and it's still crazy to think of.

So whether it's being whitelisted or getting that ad-free subscription, the site deserves it. Keep up the good work.
THIS SITE DESERVES IT. Also take it from me, "keep up the good work" is the crazy cult phrase that the mods and admins all say to each other like a fascist salute, so seeing a regular member (or is it a false flag??) say it is both roflcopter and terrifying.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #10731 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »
That Babe.com thread is really something and about to get locked.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10732 on: January 17, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »

lol That was fast. But I can't blame them. Listening to the morons that stuck around.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #10733 on: January 17, 2018, 11:34:42 PM »
I love that Cerium has to address how it sounds like a fucking cult. :lol :lol :lol

"We're working on the branding at this time, but no you're not joining a cult. Trust me.  ;) Ok now everybody line up to give me their money and you'll all get your own cup of kool-aid"

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall while they tried to figured out who gets paid and how much.

:money

Cravy

« Reply #10734 on: January 17, 2018, 11:37:26 PM »
Maybe it's a reference to that Scientologist sex cult evilore bravely fought his way out of.

The thing to do is have ads, a sub and slap a PayPal button on there. Milk your audience.

etiolate

« Reply #10735 on: January 17, 2018, 11:42:01 PM »
"It's not a cult. Cults tend to promise you something in return. We just want you to pay us for the privilege of  providing us the content and the traffic."

Hot Slice

« Reply #10736 on: January 17, 2018, 11:46:20 PM »
I PROUDLY pay 20 USD a year for 4Chan Pass.

Asking 40-48 USD a year on an unproven forum is honestly excessive.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10737 on: January 17, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »
You just know 'Lore is SEETHING at how many people will admit to adblocking GAF but whitelisting this board AND possibly subbing. With how much "GAF Gold" was joked about, 'Lore was a moron to not jump on the chance to milk his audience like these people.

I honestly didn't expect REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*autistic screeching sub* to happen within 5 months, but here we are.

El Babua

« Reply #10738 on: January 17, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
A lot of things Evilore could have done, he didn't cause he was too lazy.

Idk if it'll give him any self reflection, but I can totally relate to being lazy.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10739 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:08 PM »
also at least half the people who say they are whitelisting are lying.