Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174601 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10740 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:57 PM »
I PROUDLY pay 20 USD a year for 4Chan Pass.

:girlaff Not just adblocking Hiroshim00t's ads and doing the captcha.

Hot Slice

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10741 on: January 17, 2018, 11:58:34 PM »
I PROUDLY pay 20 USD a year for 4Chan Pass.

:girlaff Not just adblocking Hiroshim00t's ads and doing the captcha.
4chan pass also gives you a pass-since command and lower cooldowns. That and I don’t want 4chan to ever die, it’s been the best community I’ve ever been a part of, with true acceptance and equality. I’ve been going there for over a decade, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

Point is, the board is proven and the pass is only 20 USD. The site has earned my loyalty and support. This is over double that, and is sill unproven. I am surprised they didn’t offer some introductory deal.

thisismyusername

« Reply #10742 on: January 18, 2018, 12:01:51 AM »
lower cooldowns.

What the hell are you shitposting that you can't wait a minute between posts? :doge

Hot Slice

« Reply #10743 on: January 18, 2018, 12:03:54 AM »
lower cooldowns.

What the hell are you shitposting that you can't wait a minute between posts? :doge
I post in multiple threads at once, and story time and post image sequences very often. You know what “The Ride” is? It’s every Sonic comic ever...

And we might actually start it again if we get enough conductors. Lower cooldowns helps immmensly for these threads
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:24:48 AM by Hot Slice »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10744 on: January 18, 2018, 12:04:59 AM »
Someone proudly give me money please
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #10745 on: January 18, 2018, 12:05:16 AM »
I post in multiple threads at once,

So do I and I never have needed to remove the cooldown given the number of posts in the threads. /v/, /vg/, /b/, /tg/, /soc/, or /lgbt/.

and story time and post image sequences daily often. You know what “The Ride” is? It’s every Sonic comic ever...

And we might actually start it again if we get enough conductors.

Oh, ok. So you're autistic and easily ignored on the board. Got it. Well enjoy wasting your $20, I guess.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10746 on: January 18, 2018, 12:07:45 AM »

Give us some pet butthole.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10747 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:23 AM »

Only if you bring back Novid  :doge

Hot Slice

« Reply #10748 on: January 18, 2018, 12:18:30 AM »
Do it in the style of Something Awful, where you can pay to dick around with someone’s username and such.

Sai

« Reply #10749 on: January 18, 2018, 12:23:45 AM »
lower cooldowns.

I post in multiple threads at once, and story time and post image sequences daily often. You know what “The Ride” is? It’s every Sonic comic ever...

And we might actually start it again if we get enough conductors. Lower cooldowns helps immmensly for these threads
what the fuck
ilysm

Hot Slice

« Reply #10750 on: January 18, 2018, 12:25:52 AM »
It’s one of those things that either you get or you don’t, and that’s cool too.   8)

Hot Slice

« Reply #10751 on: January 18, 2018, 12:52:06 AM »

TVC15

« Reply #10752 on: January 18, 2018, 12:53:53 AM »
:kobeyuck

Let’s get back to more appetizing topics like demi’s pets’ buttholes.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #10753 on: January 18, 2018, 01:05:51 AM »
Creepy Stalker, Novid, or Huelen?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
marry/fuck/kill
[close]

Sai

ilysm

Jansen

« Reply #10755 on: January 18, 2018, 01:20:45 AM »
if hot slice is really huelen then i gotta know - are you trolling or do you have some sort of mental disorder?

im bipoar 2 bb u can tell me

Hot Slice

« Reply #10756 on: January 18, 2018, 01:22:36 AM »
Some, not all, symptoms of AvPD and recovering from severe PTSD. No troll, no bully.

agrajag

« Reply #10757 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:59 AM »
are you jason blaha

TVC15

« Reply #10758 on: January 18, 2018, 01:33:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoilers-does-anyone-care-about-kill-bill-2.17222/

OP speaks to the truth and Resetera ain’t diggin’ it. Kill Bill 2 not only immediately kills the momentum of the first, but it has an awful, anticlimactic, and worst of all, unsatisfying ending that almost makes the first movie/half not worth bothering with.
serge

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #10759 on: January 18, 2018, 03:04:58 AM »
EraCLEAR is laughably overpriced. Pay $40 to read a random persons post, just without a "CHEAP UKRAINIAN BRIDES BUY NOW" advert above it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10760 on: January 18, 2018, 03:13:10 AM »
But. I thought it would remain self-funded.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #10761 on: January 18, 2018, 03:35:24 AM »
Looks like GAF switching over to XenForo was a mistake. The old design was outdated, but familiar. Became its identity over the years. The one thing it had left... Now it's just #metooERA.

Shit is deader than fried chicken. Evilore might be bagging groceries soon.

He just has to hold out for a year or so. If Reeeee continue to be so ban-happy / divisive, they'll start haemorrhaging soy boys back to GAF.
woke

Makai

« Reply #10762 on: January 18, 2018, 04:27:14 AM »
Looks like GAF switching over to XenForo was a mistake. The old design was outdated, but familiar. Became its identity over the years. The one thing it had left... Now it's just #metooERA.

He just has to hold out for a year or so. If Reeeee continue to be so ban-happy / divisive, they'll start haemorrhaging soy boys back to GAF.
They all account suicided, remember

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10763 on: January 18, 2018, 04:29:10 AM »
Not me! Although my account on NeoGAF has had its posting privileges revoked. Odd...
每天生气

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #10764 on: January 18, 2018, 04:38:39 AM »
$40 a year is so insane I thought it was a joke at first.
And you know what? I bet they get a couple hundred of the regulars to bite and a lot of them will see as "donating" to a worthy cause.

nudemacusers

« Reply #10765 on: January 18, 2018, 06:22:03 AM »
Can I pay in dick pics?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #10766 on: January 18, 2018, 06:24:48 AM »

All while invoking a deeply problematic and mysogynostic slur “retire bitch”. Surprised they would even be allowed on resetera tbh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Oblivion

« Reply #10767 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »
So I listened to the interview.  30 minutes. Nothing he said seemed unreasonable. 

i dunno, I thought the part where he compared trans-activists to Mao was probably a bit much, but your mileage may vary

blaze

« Reply #10768 on: January 18, 2018, 06:29:23 AM »
I still can't believe they called it reset era. What a horrible name.

nudemacusers

« Reply #10769 on: January 18, 2018, 06:48:37 AM »
Can I pay in dick pics?
Asshole pics? Shaved or hairy?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

jorma

« Reply #10770 on: January 18, 2018, 07:11:24 AM »
Can I pay in dick pics?
Asshole pics? Shaved or hairy?

You dickpic payers need to unionize if you want to monetize, because your fellow dickpic producers are giving away their content for free.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10771 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
$40 a year is so insane I thought it was a joke at first.

Yeah, I always thought Gaf could maybe ask for 2 maybe 3 bucks a month. There's really not a lot of good premium features you can paywall on a board. Not sure however it would have been worth it from Evilore side, not convinced it is more profitable or steady than letting the ad revenue spice flow ?

Honestly I think you would milk much more revenue short term with a patreon appealling to suckers buying in the whole community and delusions of grandeur that the board is special and a voice that need to be heard and supported. I'm sure a couple of our favourites would have thrown one time donations of several dozen dollars or something
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10772 on: January 18, 2018, 07:34:45 AM »
That and I don’t want 4chan to ever die, it’s been the best community I’ve ever been a part of, with true acceptance and equality.
:foodcourt
ど助平

Pwnz

« Reply #10773 on: January 18, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
3.99$ a month for an adless version of REsetera  :busta

That's what I expected. 20k active users means one way or another is 80k income per month. I'm guessing Tyler got about half that, but he only paid one part time admin and hosting costs so he was a banking 300k for himself. Reset is going to pay more chump change to mods so expect more ads.

Averon

« Reply #10774 on: January 18, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
Jesus. Reset went full GAF Gold before Tyler did. I never thought that would happen. Just goes to show Tyler's laziness or incompetence. I also want to see how this will impact moderation. I cannot imagine that subscribers won't get preferential treatment by the mod team. It just make financial sense. Cannot wait for the first accusation to pop up and how Reset responds to it.

machine

« Reply #10775 on: January 18, 2018, 07:51:57 AM »
Go to Resetera. See this: "ResetEra is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check our Twitter (@ReseteraForum) for updates."

Go to @ReseteraForum on Twitter. Note that last tweet is a retweet from two days ago.

Thanks guys. VERY helpful.

Pwnz

« Reply #10776 on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:00 AM »
$40 a year? How much are their server costs that they are charging that much for adblock and zero extra services? Giant Bomb is $50 a year and I get a shirt and a ton of premium videos on top of adblocking.

Honestly if I owned the site I would do the same thing. $300k/year with very little effort. It's like Office Space but instead of transactions it's micro fucking over tens of thousands of people with ads.

Pwnz

« Reply #10777 on: January 18, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »
Go to Resetera. See this: "ResetEra is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check our Twitter (@ReseteraForum) for updates."

Go to @ReseteraForum on Twitter. Note that last tweet is a retweet from two days ago.

Hey man, running an international, platform agnostic forum with a turn key hosting software solution is hard.
*snorts cocaine from jewel encrusted device while raising pinky*
 :snob

« Reply #10778 on: January 18, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
Do they have a special payment plan for opressed minorities? Can I pay in food stamps or something?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10779 on: January 18, 2018, 08:11:18 AM »

What information were you expecting to see?
fat

machine

« Reply #10780 on: January 18, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »

What information were you expecting to see?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe updates.

Too much to ask I suppose.

Rman

« Reply #10781 on: January 18, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »
Did they walk back 40 bucks? If you're talking about internet stuff, you can get way more for your money in other places.  Like someone said, 40 bucks per year to read posts by randos seems steep. 

Also, it's not like the best posters from GAF are active.  Those left GAF ages ago and haven't turned up on Reset.

PoliGAF (or the RE version) is just the same dudes agreeing all day.  What's the fun in that?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10782 on: January 18, 2018, 08:37:27 AM »
Did they walk back 40 bucks? If you're talking about internet stuff, you can get way more for your money in other places.  Like someone said, 40 bucks per year to read posts by randos seems steep. 

Especially when you can just use an adblocker.  :doge

But if they go with unobtrusive ads and there's no fuckery like with NeoGAF's ads, I'd be OK disabling it for them...any pop-ups and it goes right back on.  Not going to pay to remove ads though.  GTFO with that shit. 

Also, it's not like the best posters from GAF are active.  Those left GAF ages ago and haven't turned up on Reset.

Yes...instead they went to thebore.com.
 :success
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10783 on: January 18, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
I take it back- let me pay $40 to remove mods and admins of my choosing and you've got yourself a deal.  :doge
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10784 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »
Do they have a special payment plan for opressed minorities? Can I pay in food stamps or something?

Lime should make a thread about the problematic classist implications

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10785 on: January 18, 2018, 08:49:16 AM »
Oh, I don't know. Maybe updates.

Too much to ask I suppose.

What updates?
fat

FStop7

« Reply #10786 on: January 18, 2018, 08:50:10 AM »
pay money for rejectera  :lol

Averon

« Reply #10787 on: January 18, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
Yeah. What is the sales pitch with Reset gold? You get the same bullshit, but with no virus ridden ads? I can get that for free using uBlock Origin and NoScript. The only ones who will buy into this are the "true believers." I am talking about the kinds of posters Shostakovich listed in the previous page. Maybe there are enough of them to make Reset profitable, but I seriously doubt they will experience any decent growth in new subscribers. Adblockers are far too common place and popular.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10788 on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:40 AM »
pay money for rejectera  :lol

The place is truly nuts. I can't imagine it lasting as long as GAF or even getting close to those numbers of members. No one gives a fuck anymore, it's telling how membership signup has stalled significantly.

FStop7

« Reply #10789 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »
If the signup rate has really fallen off then I can’t help but think that’s partly related to GAF’s bad reputation as an insane asylum run by the inmates having followed over.  It wasn’t like that for the first month or so.  But they couldn’t restrain themselves.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10790 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
It seems to me they'd be better off doing $.99 to remove ads. That would make it way more of an impulse buy. Incorporate Apple Pay and Google Pay as recurring subscription payment options and you'd easily get more of the loonies signing up and raving about how amazing Apple Pay is to use on a website.

Himu

« Reply #10791 on: January 18, 2018, 09:07:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoilers-does-anyone-care-about-kill-bill-2.17222/

OP speaks to the truth and Resetera ain’t diggin’ it. Kill Bill 2 not only immediately kills the momentum of the first, but it has an awful, anticlimactic, and worst of all, unsatisfying ending that almost makes the first movie/half not worth bothering with.

Vol 2 is way better than 1. 1 sucks besides the restaurant fight. As a Tarantino stan, I have to say that Kill Bill vol 1 is an average movie and a massive step down from his previous work. Vol 2 is on par with his previous work.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:11:02 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10792 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
You are objectively wrong, Cindi and TVC is objectively right. It's not a bad movie, but man is it a departure from the fun and chaos of the first.

agrajag

« Reply #10793 on: January 18, 2018, 09:11:28 AM »
Vol. 1 is. way more iconic.

Himu

« Reply #10794 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
"Fun and chaos" aka style over substance and zero characterization and Tarantino dialogue-isms. Here, let me summarize Vol 1 for you: Kiddo get shot in the head, Kiddo kills Vernita Green. Flashback. Random animu scene that feels out of place. Kiddo flies to Japan gets sword. Kiddo goes to restaurant and fights. That's literally it. Movie kinda blows. 1 is more iconic because of the yellow Bruce Lee Game of Death jump suit and little else. It's Movie Reference: The Movie. More iconic does not mean the better movie.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10795 on: January 18, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
Vol. 1 is the better movie.  It was fun to watch.

Vol. 2
 :snore
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #10796 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »
And this is why we will never escape this super hero movie hell. Because of you no taste having mf'ers.

I remember seeing Vol 1 in theaters for the first time. "That's it?" Vol 2 da gawd. Vol 1 is the fucking graham crackers of Tarantino movies.

You're all wrong, they're both great.

Vol 1 is watchable. I wouldn't call it great, but it's elevated highly by 2.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10797 on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
Kill Bill works the best when you watch both together, or close together.
nat

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10798 on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:43 AM »
Vol. 1 is. way more iconic.
"But before satisfaction could be mine, first thing's first. Wiggle your big toe."
每天生气

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10799 on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
Death Proof is Tarantino's best movie.
nat