Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174380 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10800 on: January 18, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »
Tarantino movies ranked:

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
Vol 2
Reservoir Dogs
Django
Hateful 8
Inglorious Basterds
Vol 1

There is a massive quality decline in Tarantino's work after Jackie Brown. It's a good thing he's filming only a few more movies.

Vol 1 is easily his worst.
IYKYK

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10801 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Death Proof is Tarantino's best movie.

It's up there.

IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #10802 on: January 18, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »

There is a massive quality decline in Tarantino's work after Jackie Brown. It's a good thing he's filming only a few more movies.

Now you've crossed the line. Please stfu.

:samoa

FunSlower

« Reply #10803 on: January 18, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
Death Proof is Tarantino's best movie.

it's real good, but Jackie Brown will always be my fave I think

Himu

« Reply #10804 on: January 18, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »
Tarantino movies ranked:

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
Vol 2
Reservoir Dogs
Django
Hateful 8
Inglorious Basterds
Vol 1

Vol 1 is easily his worst.

I tend to agree with this, as I haven't given a shit about any movie he's done since. Tbh, I could go with just cutting down his filmography to Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs and be good.

TBH these days I think Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Death Proof, Vol 2, Reservoir Dogs are his only must watch films and he's my favorite director. I don't think the others are required. Maybe Django. I'd add Django depending on the day.
IYKYK

jorma

« Reply #10805 on: January 18, 2018, 10:16:19 AM »
Pulp, Dogs and Django for me.

Unbounded

« Reply #10806 on: January 18, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
So, how do ya'll think ERA will finally bite it?

Implode overnight, or a slow, gradual bleeding out?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10807 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:10 AM »

They can't implode like Gaf, it's too decentralized.  If for example it turns out Sweet Nicole has been secretly acting disingenuously and in bad faith all along, they just ban and say shame on you and keep truckin'.  The closest thing to Lore is Cerium and I don't know if he even has that much of a grip on the forum that the inmates couldn't seize it from him easily.

They'll slowly hemorrhage from bans.  If you don't get got in a trans thread, it'll be for insufficient hatred toward any particular conservative, or playing oppression olympics too hard for your own team.  Eventually they will ban everyone with a dissenting opinion and no threads will ever have any disagreement.  Just page after page of "disgusting," "gross."
Uncle

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10808 on: January 18, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »
It’ll blow up overnight probably due to financial issues and quibbling over ownership and such. It’s a very poorly managed community overall. They need(ed) real community managers who understand that moderating is not opinion enforcement, and can keep the place from becoming a crazy liberal circus.

Honestly, for all the shit we gave him, Opiate was a good moderator at GAF overall. When he fucked up, he fucked up bigly though. But overall he was good at guiding a discussion without telling people how to think. . Stump was for a while until he finally gave in and drank the koolaid.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #10809 on: January 18, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »

Slow, gradual bleedout if they aren't able to find new members. So far it just seems like holdovers from Neogaf.

They'll eventually piss off a community by banning the wrong poster and there won't be anyone to take their place.

Hopefully Cerium realizes if he ever gets an offer for more than 100k for Resetera he should take it immediately.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10810 on: January 18, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »

They'll keep growing until they buy out IGN. Then The Bore will rebrand as the anti-corporate choice for gaming news.
每天生气

Averon

« Reply #10811 on: January 18, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »
If Reset blows up, it will be due to squabbling about how the money from the subs will be split between the staff. Or how the money is being mishandled or abused.

« Reply #10812 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
$40 is a fucking ridiculous price. It should be like $3.99 a year, if that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10813 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:37 AM »
ResetEra is back up.

:whatisthis

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was tempted to name that emoticon "Resetera."  :doge
[close]
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10814 on: January 18, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »
I could see maybe $5, possibly $10. But $40?  :doge

« Reply #10815 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:50 AM »

Anyone who pays that much for a forum should get beat up.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10816 on: January 18, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
It's 4 bucks a month.  At that price a year would normally be 48, but they are only charging 40.  That is significant savings!!
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #10817 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
It's 4 bucks a month.  At that price a year would normally be 48, but they are only charging 40.  That is significant savings!!

Not if you get banned for two months a year.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10818 on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:44 AM »

You just made me realize that Resetera has pretty much introduced microtransactions

:sabu

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #10819 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »

You just made me realize that Resetera has pretty much introduced microtransactions

:sabu

Imagine if they sold lootboxes that gave you a 5% chance to be unbanned instantly.

:success

Bore Expert

« Reply #10820 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
I paid for Era Clear and all I got was this lousy shirt

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10821 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
Imagine if they sold lootboxes that gave you a 5% chance to ban someone instantly.

:ohyeah
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10822 on: January 18, 2018, 11:43:16 AM »
Imagine if they sold lootboxes that gave you a 5% chance to ban someone instantly.

:ohyeah

I'd Gatcha pull to ban Hobby Lobby just to see his impotent rage.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10825 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »
Is nice to see how the conversation on the babe.net reporter thread changes depending of the daytime...

A lot of those women are also older and are okay with it because they had to put up with it as well. This isn't awkwardness, it's him continually forcing himself upon her despite the fact that she tells him she wasn't into it, which he acknowledges (it's not fun if we're not both having fun).

It's not okay just because he's funny on TV, it's not okay because a lot of people do this kind of thing. From the moment she says she's uncomfortable and wants to stop, it stops being an "Aziz sucks with women" story and becomes something far worse. And after that point it just keeps going and going and going.

At least exceselciorcief tried to dodge the "ageism" rethoric...

FStop7

« Reply #10826 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opinion/social-media-dumber-steven-pinker.html?

People are jerking off for the opportunity to pay hundreds of dollars for cardboard.  We’re just dumber across the board.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10827 on: January 18, 2018, 12:12:02 PM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opinion/social-media-dumber-steven-pinker.html?

People are jerking off for the opportunity to pay hundreds of dollars for cardboard.  We’re just dumber across the board.

A cardboard that is somehow going to make buck for Nintendo even if is going to be niche as fuck...

Hot Slice

« Reply #10828 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:48 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Extra-Thick-Cardboard-Building/dp/B000A12YBW

Seriously though, why is everyone acting like this over Labo? Selling children's toys that are nothing more than cardboard you assemble is nothing new. Just look at blocks, dollhouses, and play sets. They sell well too. Nothing new under the sun.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #10830 on: January 18, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »

“Steven Pinker said the alt-right is good! But the alt-right is bad! We must defend this principle!”

Sounds like your typical ERA post. :p

That’s because the pernicious social dynamics of these online spaces hammer home the idea that anyone who disagrees with you on any controversial subject, even a little bit, is incorrigibly dumb or evil or suspect. On a wide and expanding range of issues, there’s no such thing as good-faith disagreement.

And this bit sums it up rather well.

I will also mention, I actually posted this video in this very thread.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10831 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »

Steven Pinker will be O.K. A fleeting Twitter blowup isn’t going to bruise his long and successful career as a public intellectual. But this is happening more and more — and in many cases to people who don’t have the standing and reputation he does.

This is the stuff that actually scares the shit out me.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10832 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »
As a lifelong Nintenthing, I’m actually tempted to buy that cardboard thing. It looks fun.

But as a parent of a 2 year old, I also recognize that because it’s made of cardboard, it’s the fastest way to flush $70 bucks down the toilet. $70 bucks is way too steep for something most kids, eve like 12 and 13 year olds, are going to completely ruin within a matter of months at best.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10833 on: January 18, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
Here's a clip of a Nintendo Fan getting super excited for Nintendo Labo

https://streamable.com/98xsa
fat

agrajag

« Reply #10834 on: January 18, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »

“Steven Pinker said the alt-right is good! But the alt-right is bad! We must defend this principle!”

That’s because the pernicious social dynamics of these online spaces hammer home the idea that anyone who disagrees with you on any controversial subject, even a little bit, is incorrigibly dumb or evil or suspect. On a wide and expanding range of issues, there’s no such thing as good-faith disagreement.

The guys and girls on Reeee will read that paragraph you quoted and say "see, this article agrees with us that the alt right is evil with their cognitve dissonance, confirmation biases and rampant tribalism"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10835 on: January 18, 2018, 12:34:47 PM »
As a lifelong Nintenthing, I’m actually tempted to buy that cardboard thing. It looks fun.

But as a parent of a 2 year old, I also recognize that because it’s made of cardboard, it’s the fastest way to flush $70 bucks down the toilet. $70 bucks is way too steep for something most kids, eve like 12 and 13 year olds, are going to completely ruin within a matter of months at best.

Nintendo Labia will be fine for any kid over age 8 who has been taught to take care of their toys.  There's a ton of craft stuff like that for kids that lasts, I even had some as a kid.

But people over age 16 probably shouldn't be buying it.  At least what they've shown.
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #10836 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:26 PM »

The guys and girls on Reeee will read that paragraph you quoted and say "see, this article agrees with us that the alt right is evil with their cognitve dissonance, confirmation biases and rampant tribalism"

The crazy thing is they would also think they are making a reasoned argument as well. As if like the conclusions were made from a clear understanding of the facts presented to them rather than an argument based on a series of misrepresentations.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:59:57 PM by Leadbelly »

agrajag

« Reply #10837 on: January 18, 2018, 12:50:14 PM »
Say what you want about me but I think the cardboard thing is kind of cool.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10838 on: January 18, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
Joe Biden is an old, out of touch Democrat that will probably lose to Trump if the party decides it wants to be Republican-lite for 2020.

Biden would annihilate Trump.

Like Hilldawg was supposed to amirite.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10839 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:25 PM »
 :lol

FStop7

« Reply #10840 on: January 18, 2018, 01:02:02 PM »
Say what you want about me but I think the cardboard thing is kind of cool.

It's a very cool concept but the prices are late stage capitalism incarnate.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10841 on: January 18, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Joe Biden is an old, out of touch Democrat that will probably lose to Trump if the party decides it wants to be Republican-lite for 2020.

She’ll have her chance again in 2020.

Also, Kill Bill 2 sucks royally. I’d talk about it more but Im watching Reba in my whitey righties with my left hand on my crotch.
serge

Boredfrom

« Reply #10842 on: January 18, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »

She’ll have her chance again in 2020.

TRIGGERED

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10843 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »
I can’t wait to see more Stumblin’ Hillary in 2020. What’s she gonna trip over THIS week?

TVC15

« Reply #10844 on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:07 PM »
Hillary will come out with a Crypt Keeper-esque decomposed nose and mummy wraps on her hands to deny reports she has advanced leprosy.
serge

Himu

« Reply #10845 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »
Why give that money to Reset and not just get a Washington Post subscription? You'll get more intellectual thought on the same issues for nearly the same price.
IYKYK

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #10846 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »

leper this filth
dur

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10847 on: January 18, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
I'm totally gonna buy the cardboard thing!....Is exactly what I would say if it was like 5-10 bucks.
que

Hot Slice

« Reply #10848 on: January 18, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »
I'm totally gonna buy the cardboard thing!....Is exactly what I would say if it was like 5-10 bucks.
Comes with a game and is 70 USD. If you have GCU, it brings costs to 56 USD, so treating it like a 50 USD game, wouldn’t the cardboard be 6 USD with that breakdown?

:-*

agrajag

« Reply #10849 on: January 18, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »
Tbh I'd pay $80 for Nintendo Carboard™ before I spend a penny on reject era.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10850 on: January 18, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
So the communists are going to introduce paid accounts.
People actually have to pay them to post ad-free left wing propaganda, minority outrage and manifesto's.  :neogaf

Why didn't I think of that business model.  :-\
🤴

TVC15

« Reply #10851 on: January 18, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
DRM bullshit won’t let you see The Man in all his glory, but now I’m watching this in my whitey tighties with my left hand Bundying down the front of em.

serge

Dennis

« Reply #10852 on: January 18, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »
Are the ResetERA moderators going to be paid for their service now that the money will start flowing in?

In hindsight, maybe if EviLore actually paid some of his minions they wouldn't have left him behind like a bad habit.

Leadbelly

« Reply #10853 on: January 18, 2018, 02:21:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3448641/
All the French women slamming #MeToo are 50+ and consider that getting groped means you are pretty.
A lot of French men have been raised with stories of men groping everyone, lead to believe that it is normal. Even 25years ago (some would say even 10years ago), it was considered normal to pinch a woman's ass (sometimes not at work) and people laughed when it happened on TV.
Young people (especially women) have been tired of that and developed numerous feminists movement and called out people who practice sexual harassment/aggression.
Police often laugh at the face of a rape victim (man or woman) and you hear "did you see what she was wearing" more often than not when a case is brought to light.

There are certain claims that are just absurd, yet no one even bats an eyelid. As if the police spend their time pointing and laughing at rape victims the moment they walk through the door. I suspect there is no other crime apart from domestic violence that has seen more scrutiny in the way police deal with it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10854 on: January 18, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
Are the ResetERA moderators going to be paid for their service now that the money will start flowing in?

In hindsight, maybe if EviLore actually paid some of his minions they wouldn't have left him behind like a bad habit.

Are you kidding, it's even stronger of a virtue signal if you are giving up actual payment for something in protest.
Uncle

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10855 on: January 18, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
So Peter Cetera starts charging and who should show up again? I see you Dennis :hitler
que

agrajag

« Reply #10856 on: January 18, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »

He probably could have kept them happy with a fruit basket.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10857 on: January 18, 2018, 02:28:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3448641/
All the French women slamming #MeToo are 50+ and consider that getting groped means you are pretty.
A lot of French men have been raised with stories of men groping everyone, lead to believe that it is normal. Even 25years ago (some would say even 10years ago), it was considered normal to pinch a woman's ass (sometimes not at work) and people laughed when it happened on TV.
Young people (especially women) have been tired of that and developed numerous feminists movement and called out people who practice sexual harassment/aggression.
Police often laugh at the face of a rape victim (man or woman) and you hear "did you see what she was wearing" more often than not when a case is brought to light.

There are certain claims that are just absurd, yet no one even bats an eyelid. As if the police spend their time pointing and laughing at rape victims the moment they walk through the door. I suspect there is no other crime apart from domestic violence that has seen more scrutiny in the way police deal with it.

People laughed at the TV! Someone call the thought police!

Seriously, in 10 years these guys will be clapping on President Zuckerberg using the algorithms to weed out the undesirables.
Or we're living in the Handmaid's Tale with Pence at the helm.
🤴

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #10858 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »
Leper Dennis too
dur

Tasty

« Reply #10859 on: January 18, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Why give that money to Reset and not just get a Washington Post subscription? You'll get more intellectual thought on the same issues for nearly the same price.

I have a Post sub and no interest in Reshittera. :obama