Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174753 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11460 on: January 21, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »
 :bobby not blocked :bobby

:heartbeat still loved  :heartbeat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11461 on: January 21, 2018, 04:57:43 PM »
You're all putting way too much thought in this :lol
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #11462 on: January 21, 2018, 04:58:33 PM »
Why are you guys reeeeing about a hobbit blocking you on twitter?  :neogaf

Himu

« Reply #11463 on: January 21, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »
Hey man G Gundam is literally Best Gundam.

I like G. It's not bad for a super robot take on Gundam. But let's be honest, you're only a big fan because you say "shining FINGER!!!" when you go down on a guy!!!!

:ufup
IYKYK

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11464 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:22 PM »
I just noticed I was blocked a few days ago, which is crazy because there's no way he could have known I was posting on the bore.

:rofl I'm blocked from him. I've never communicated with him. Ever. And I only tweet about our gaming lord and savior: fighting games. :lol

Holy shit, Boberts blocked my Twitter somehow.

You sure you're not all on some blocklist like this one?

He probably blocked me cause I was following noted alt-right sexist pig Jay Bauman and progressive fraud Max Landis. :omg

I said blocklist, not cuck list.
woke

Himu

« Reply #11465 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:37 PM »

Reeeeeeeing? Or kikiki-ing? I'm personally doing the latter. I find all of this so funny!  :lol
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #11466 on: January 21, 2018, 05:02:40 PM »

Where is the reeeeing? We're laughing at how petty and pointless it is. :lol

I hope he used a bot, because him blocking all of us one-by-one is too hilarious of a thought.

Tasty

« Reply #11467 on: January 21, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »

I like G. It's not bad for a super robot take on Gundam. But let's be honest, you're only a big fan because you say "shining FINGER!!!" when you go down on a guy!!!!

Nope but now I might, thanks for this.  :ohyou

Himu

« Reply #11468 on: January 21, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »

Nope but now I might, thanks for this.  :ohyou

Gahahahaha!

Mood.
IYKYK

Bore Expert

« Reply #11469 on: January 21, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
I’d like to believe he did it by using the Force.

:lucas

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11470 on: January 21, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »
Speaking of Twitter and speaking of Punching Nazi's yesterday: I ran across this a few days ago:

https://www.avclub.com/an-oral-history-of-actual-punks-punching-actual-nazis-i-1822195829

“It mostly got policed by the rest of us. We all had our eyes on [skinheads], and if they hurt someone in the mosh pit, quickly we would drag them out and kick them out of the show,” said former Swans drummer Thor Harris, who knows a thing or two about punching Nazis.

Obviously, this oral history is written with the awareness that far-right, pro-fascist groups are making a comeback in America, and the desire to punch them in the face is strong. With that in mind, we end with some words of caution from Mr. Rollins: “Now, people should avoid physical confrontation. When I was young, it was a bloody nose, the occasional stabbing. Now it’s a gun under the car seat… Protesters must realize that a lot of these guys come prepared to goad you into a fight. They’re often more ready than you will ever be.”

agrajag

« Reply #11471 on: January 21, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
It's been a known quantity that he blocked most of you weeks ago back when Benji went on his infamous doxxing spree.

Himu

« Reply #11472 on: January 21, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »
Speaking of Twitter and speaking of Punching Nazi's yesterday: I ran across this a few days ago:

https://www.avclub.com/an-oral-history-of-actual-punks-punching-actual-nazis-i-1822195829

“It mostly got policed by the rest of us. We all had our eyes on [skinheads], and if they hurt someone in the mosh pit, quickly we would drag them out and kick them out of the show,” said former Swans drummer Thor Harris, who knows a thing or two about punching Nazis.

Obviously, this oral history is written with the awareness that far-right, pro-fascist groups are making a comeback in America, and the desire to punch them in the face is strong. With that in mind, we end with some words of caution from Mr. Rollins: “Now, people should avoid physical confrontation. When I was young, it was a bloody nose, the occasional stabbing. Now it’s a gun under the car seat… Protesters must realize that a lot of these guys come prepared to goad you into a fight. They’re often more ready than you will ever be.”

Notice how the punkers didn't jump and beat up nazi's for being nazi's because they weren't distinguished mentally-challenged. They kept an eye on them and waited for the Nazi's to start shit.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11473 on: January 21, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
Yep, speaking as a punk: I love fellow punks. :-[

Himu

« Reply #11474 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
Punks are cool. Go to a punk meet and they're like:

Such wonderful people especially when you tell them prefer the green stuff.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #11475 on: January 21, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
It's been a known quantity that he blocked most of you weeks ago back when Benji went on his infamous doxxing spree.

We got reverse-doxed? :omg

Himu

« Reply #11476 on: January 21, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
Funny thing is neither I nor Tasty have never said shit about Bobby. Which is why this is so funny to me.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #11477 on: January 21, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »

We got actu-doxed. Ask Kiss-Vibes

Y'all are better off being blocked and staying off the malignant midget's radar, he's a real piece of shit.

Himu

« Reply #11478 on: January 21, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
Holy God, I hate the new AVCLUB layout.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11479 on: January 21, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
Hasn't it been like that for a few years now or am I trippin
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #11480 on: January 21, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »

Y'all are better off being blocked and staying off the malignant midget's radar, he's a real piece of shit.

:thinking

etiolate

« Reply #11481 on: January 21, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »
AVClub was sent to die

which it needs to, as it was a The Onion product that ended up sounding like The Onion spoof

agrajag

« Reply #11482 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:05 PM »

:thinking

He got a hold of Kiss-Vibe's employer and tried to get them fired iirc

edit: and now I am doxing  :ohhh

Himu

« Reply #11483 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »
What did Kissy's employer say to Mr. Bobby's World.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #11484 on: January 21, 2018, 05:31:19 PM »
I don't remember if there was a followup to the story.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #11485 on: January 21, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »
Just checked and he blocked me on Twitter too  :idont
bent

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #11486 on: January 21, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
I preemptively blocked him months ago.

/smugface
dur

etiolate

« Reply #11487 on: January 21, 2018, 05:41:50 PM »
This is where I point out that ANTI HARASSMENT END TOXIC MASCULINITY FORUM RESETERA was totally down with Bobby Doxxerts

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #11488 on: January 21, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »

Honestly, the fact that I could be tracked from a message board where I've never used my real name or posted a picture of myself, to my unrelated Twitter account that uses my real name, has me kind of shook.
If you were following people from here with more identifiable accounts, then it's really no surprise. (But it does illustrate why I don't ever cross the streams. :shh )

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11489 on: January 21, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/totalbiscuits-top-10-games-of-2017.17610/

I assume you can tell how well this thread is going :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pepe avatar, TB top 10 list... where am i ?

the gamergator?

Yup, same guy.

Sorta disappointing that people still don’t take issue with him but I’m also not surprised at this point.

that is the pepe frog alt right meme guy in your avatar right?

Sure, he's a self identified classic British liberal; just like Sargon of Akkad.

The whole white privilege isn't a thing and racism doesn't exist in the UK because there are some rich Indians/Pakistani is kind of an issue.

Surprised a gamergater likes a game like Pyre, honestly. It's got great female characters who stand equally with their male counterparts.

so whens this guy gonna finish dying?

[close]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:53:43 PM by Raist »

agrajag

« Reply #11490 on: January 21, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »
This is where I point out that ANTI HARASSMENT END TOXIC MASCULINITY FORUM RESETERA was totally down with Bobby Doxxerts

See, but this is different because...

shosta

« Reply #11491 on: January 21, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
It was an unsuccessful attempt. The employer just laughed it off if I recall.
每天生气

Bore Expert

« Reply #11492 on: January 21, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »
I preemptively blocked him months ago.

/smugface

Huff shot first

:ryker

Boredfrom

« Reply #11493 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3582833/

Based on what I've read of the situation here, a crucial difference between leftist figures like Contrapoints and what Manning professes to have done here, is that Contra and others don't play the "lets all meet in the middle" game. Even if they analyze, debate, or respond to the alt-right and fascists, they approach it from the perspective that these people are purveyors of bad ideas, whether from malice or sheer gullibility.

If Manning is trying to pull the Boogie shit of the-middle-is-a-great-place-to-be, screw that. The identity of the enlightened moderate is a seductive siren song that captures many people who want to appear wiser and more progressive than they actually are.

Not that his overall point is wrong but... why even compare Boogie with Chelsea Manning? One is a dude that makes videos about video games and the other is a goverment whistleblower.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11494 on: January 21, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
Sanders basically did everything but call Hillary a bitch or a cunt, and still got his ass kicked while she held back in releasing all of the oppo research on him.

Had she unloaded on him, in Oct of 2015, his candidacy would've died like the dumpster fire that it was then and there.

Jack alt account detected.

agrajag

« Reply #11495 on: January 21, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »

Dear sir or madam,

I am writing to you about a matter regarding your employee Kiss-Vibes, a matter that requires immediate action. He was being mean to me on the internet. I hope this matter is addressed swiftly and efficiently.

P.S. My suggestion is immediate termination.
P.P.S. Han shot first.

Yours truly,

Bobert Loberts

Boss:  :trash

etiolate

« Reply #11496 on: January 21, 2018, 06:08:15 PM »
The identity of the enlightened moderate is a seductive siren song

Boredfrom

« Reply #11497 on: January 21, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »
You guys need a third political party.

Nola

« Reply #11498 on: January 21, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »

The structure of our government makes them very hard to build and ultimately sustain themselves.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11499 on: January 21, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »

The structure of our government makes them very hard to build and ultimately sustain themselves.

Well yes, I noticed. Maybe thats why it feels more needed, at least for the outsider perspective.

also, lol Electoral college.

shosta

« Reply #11500 on: January 21, 2018, 06:25:43 PM »

This isn't strictly true. A "centrist" party could be competitive in typically impenetrable areas nationally. The United Kingdom has (had) 3 (4) major parties and the same electoral system we do for their legislature. So they have a diversity of parties even though when you look at any seat individually there are only ever two competitive parties.

EDIT: hoodwinked  again. I thought this was the politics thread based on the last few replies.
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #11501 on: January 21, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
America barely has two parties. They talk different in the run-up, but once they get into power its the same old shit.

Nola

« Reply #11502 on: January 21, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »

This isn't strictly true. A "centrist" party could be competitive in typically impenetrable areas nationally. The United Kingdom has (had) 3 (4) major parties and the same electoral system we do for their legislature. So they have a diversity of parties even though when you look at any seat individually there are only ever two competitive parties.

EDIT: hoodwinked  again. I thought this was the politics thread based on the last few replies.

It could, they have in the past, but ultimately the structure, plus the less coherency and structure of the parties themselves tend to either get absorbed into the larger party, largely replace it, or die off.

I think if you are looking toward building a more robust representative government with more parties, you are better off looking to structural fixes than hoping to establish a centrist party against all odds.

Nola

« Reply #11503 on: January 21, 2018, 06:35:49 PM »
America barely has two parties. They talk different in the run-up, but once they get into power its the same old shit.

Nah.

That's just 18 year old tunnel vision reductionism getting the best of you.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11504 on: January 21, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »

It could, they have in the past, but ultimately the structure, plus the less coherency and structure of the parties themselves tend to either get absorbed into the larger party, largely replace it, or die off.

I think if you are looking toward building a more robust representative government with more parties, you are better off looking to structural fixes than hoping to establish a centrist party against all odds.

But then you have places like GafResetera that almost want to hang anyone that admit voting independent. I doubt there is a incentive for the political class to do this structural fixes if the result is having more competition.

agrajag

« Reply #11505 on: January 21, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
IMO the biggest hurdle for alternative parties is that we don't have proportional representation in the voting system.

parallax

« Reply #11506 on: January 21, 2018, 06:40:31 PM »
This is because I said Star Wars is shit, isn't it? Let's be reality, Bobby's World. Star Wars sucks. It has only two good movies in its 40 year run: ESB and imo arguably ROTJ. Fucking Gundam has a better track record than your darling franchise and Gundam is a franchise that had this in it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Your franchise is so bad that you have to read extensive books outside of the movies to even understand how its in-universe works.

Star Wars is shit and you will always be bitch made.

(Image removed from quote.)

hey now, nether gundam was dope as shit in sdgo.

shosta

« Reply #11507 on: January 21, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »

I agree with this. I dunno if the tradeoffs are worth it, though. I prefer local representation to seat allocation by votes per party.
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #11508 on: January 21, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »

But then you have places like GafResetera that almost want to hang anyone that admit voting independent. I doubt there is a incentive for the political class to do this structural fixes if the result is having more competition.

And that gets to one of the problems of third parties and ever getting structural fixes. First past the post means that in something like a presidential election, or a district heavily dominated by two parties, votes for a third party often just serve as an indirect conferring of benefit to the party you are least aligned with. And the parties themselves are not very incentivized to try and help advance reforms that would directly reduce their power and influence. It's one of those path dependency problems I don't think anyone has a really perfect answer for.

etiolate

« Reply #11509 on: January 21, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
Also, the "america can only have two parties" ignores that the phenomena is recent

You can look over the history of presidents and the various parties that have won. Third parties need to start winning the smaller positions instead of going straight to the Presidency. You got to undo the riggings that keep it a two party system.

etiolate

« Reply #11510 on: January 21, 2018, 06:55:10 PM »

Because muh drone strikez?

drone strikes, spying, Bush was full of regulations

Hell, look at the resentful and hateful attitude towards the will of the people that you've adopted as part of your desire to be one with the party. Look how common that attitude was after the election. The people did something different, some rich asshole hijacked a party rather than run indpendent, the whole gag go tdisrupted and the people must be punished! We must change election rules!

Absolute scorn for the people not sticking to the plan.

Himu

« Reply #11511 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

Deets, KissVibes.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #11512 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »
And that gets to one of the problems of third parties and ever getting structural fixes. First past the post means that in something like a presidential election, or a district heavily dominated by two parties, votes for a third party often just serve as an indirect conferring of benefit to the party you are least aligned with. And the parties themselves are not very incentivized to try and help advance reforms that would directly reduce their power and influence. It's one of those path dependency problems I don't think anyone has a really perfect answer for.

So exactly like right now in the US?

And is not like here in Mexico we also dont have scumbags trying to make you feel bad for "wasting" your vote.

I just feel like your biparty system is starting to drive everyone insane, as compromise seems to be a bad word right now. 

Hell, look at the resentful and hateful attitude towards the will of the people that you've adopted as part of your desire to be one with the party. Look how common that attitude was after the election. The people did something different, some rich asshole hijacked a party rather than run indpendent, the whole gag go tdisrupted and the people must be punished! We must change election rules!

But it didnt change anything, if anything it make it worse. Rich assholes are richier, more survillence powers and regulations to anything that is not a corporation.

Himu

« Reply #11513 on: January 21, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
IMO the biggest hurdle for alternative parties is that we don't have proportional representation in the voting system.

The biggest hurdle about third parties for me at this point is that they're mostly handled by morons. People who don't know where Aleppo is but want to be taken seriously as candidates.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/third-party-candidates-2016

IYKYK

Nola

« Reply #11514 on: January 21, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »

Even that would be kinda farcical to try and use as evidence to the "Single-party" trope that undercooked armchair political analysts try and use to buffer their above-it-all intellectualism to justify their use of simple narratives to fill out their simplified worldview.

agrajag

« Reply #11515 on: January 21, 2018, 07:04:55 PM »

The biggest hurdle about third parties for me at this point is that they're mostly handled by morons. People who don't know where Aleppo is but want to be taken seriously as candidates.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/third-party-candidates-2016

TBH if anyone had the balls to ask Trump if he knew where Aleppo was, you might be surprised at the result.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11516 on: January 21, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »
Isn't Trump a third party that stole the Republican party and turned it into his personal cheer leading squad.

🤴

etiolate

« Reply #11517 on: January 21, 2018, 07:09:10 PM »

And is not like here in Mexico we also dont have scumbags trying to make you feel bad for "wasting" your vote.

I just feel like your biparty system is starting to drive everyone insane, as compromise seems to be a bad word right now. 

But it didnt change anything, if anything it make it worse. Rich assholes are richier, more survillence powers and regulations to anything that is not a corporation.

Yeah, and I'd say that's because Trump is an opportunist or egomaniac more than a representation of any principle or political idea. Trump is about Trump rather than any real purpose, so once in power its probably just about manipulating him for what you want out of him. He's an outsider but not a third party.

(Though I do like DeVos trying to undo the Title IX mess. )

Nola

« Reply #11518 on: January 21, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »

I mean for instance its hard to find compromise on environmental regulation when one party believes in science and the other tells it's constituents through its propaganda arms they trust that it is a liberal conspiracy. Where do you find common ground on that exactly?

Underneath that you have structural issues like already mentioned and others like gerrymandering, that basically allow members of either party(but much more so Republicans because they have more clout in states) to choose their representatives, leading to fear of loss coming from a primary by someone aligned to your base more so than from voters in the middle during a general election. Polarizing the politics generally.

If you are seeking a di-polarized politic, I think realistically that, along with campaign finance reform, is the sort of path you could seek out.

Nola

« Reply #11519 on: January 21, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »

Basically I subscribe to a "uni-party theory" by engaging in willful ignorance of context... Seems to be the common theme you sorts all have in common.