Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174318 times)

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11880 on: January 23, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
So let's reflect, you people made Bore accounts in a fit of rage after being banned due to Evilore's terrible regime, and now that Gaf's on it's deathbed, he's "not that bad after all?"

:dead

I don't think Evilore is without his flaws. I do think he is complicit in all of this in some sense. I don't think however that he has changed all that much. His posts now are consistent with posts he has made in the past. That is the only argument I am making. I'm not really objecting to other criticisms made.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11881 on: January 23, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
You have received a warning from the Staff
Storm Chamber, Today at 3:41 PM, you were given the following warning: Member warned: Drive by, low quality post.

This warning has been given to you for your post in the thread "How video games demonize fat people".
Specifically, please be aware that:

This warning was given by plagiarize

The consequences of this warning are:

You have received 1 infraction points.
    Your account has not otherwise been restricted.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-video-games-demonize-fat-people.18304/page-10#post-3669442

:neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3507248/

This is not the place for frivolity, irreverence or fun of any kind. Please direct any concerns with site management to Rowlf.

Thank you.

Don't forget, No Fun Allowed is an actual site policy.

:heh

I feel like the average REoGaf user's life would see significant improvement if they just learned to lighten the fuck up and laugh a little.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #11882 on: January 23, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »
So let's reflect, you people made Bore accounts in a fit of rage after being banned due to Evilore's terrible regime, and now that Gaf's on it's deathbed, he's "not that bad after all?"

Fun fact: My second comment ever in this forum was defending an Evilore post from some very triggered members here because he was mocking internet feminists. I've since repeatedly called him out for being a pussy and not doing something about his shitty mods but I always acknowledged that the real problem are the mods. I'm still consistent about both modern feminism and Evilore.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #11883 on: January 23, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
Fun fact: My second comment ever in this forum was defending an Evilore post from some very triggered members here because he was mocking internet feminists.

:jeanluc

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #11884 on: January 23, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
I'm still consistent about both modern feminism and Evilore.

newsfeed pls

Optimus

« Reply #11885 on: January 23, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

newsfeed pls

Being always right is a gift I don't share with everyone for free.

paprikastaude

« Reply #11886 on: January 23, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »
Wasn't REE supposed to have some kind of upvoting system in the beginning? Iirc there was some empty profile statistic of "likes" or something. Guess they had to scrap that, to prevent problematic™ or even (god beware) non-serious posts from receiving positive feedback openly. :doge

:heh

I feel like the average REoGaf user's life would see significant improvement if they just learned to lighten the fuck up and laugh a little.

It's all jolly when the admins allow nintendo shills to have some mega thread for "hilarious" meme shit posting before their favorite company's next trailer show.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:30:12 PM by Spieler1 »

Tasty

« Reply #11887 on: January 23, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »

newsfeed pls

And you think you're on the right side of both of these... :lol

Joke poster. :umad

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11888 on: January 23, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »

Same reason W Bush has a 60% approval rating today.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #11890 on: January 23, 2018, 09:02:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3677752/

Quote from: VG_Addict, post: 3677752, member: 38882
They're a huge strain on their pants, that's for sure.

such a soft ass joke lol

Tasty

« Reply #11891 on: January 23, 2018, 09:04:32 PM »

Also:

- Never permabanned.
- Came here cause of my lover and concubine Wrath.
- Can't remember a single instance Tyler and I even interacted - and that includes the last time he popped up here and everyone except me and PD were sucking his dick.
- I was indifferent to him on GAF and on here until the revelations, after which he's marked down in my book under "Self-Delusional Little Fucktard." Seriously, a scientology-lite sex cult? Dude isn't even too creative or intelligent.

Jansen

« Reply #11892 on: January 23, 2018, 09:13:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/superbad-how-has-it-aged.18422/

Quote from: DopeToast, post: 3679256, member: 15009
Some of the homophobic language hasn't aged well, but I feel like that will happen more and more as we revisit stuff from that time period and earlier. Not that that's an excuse for the use of the language, but like everything it's a product of its time, even if that time is only eleven years ago.

All that aside, I think it's still the best movie from the Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg writing duo. It's hilarious and weirdly touching at times.

Quote from: HylianSeven, post: 3679356, member: 68
Yeah the homophobia is certainly problematic, and is a relic of it's more widespread acceptance back then.

However the rest of the movie is still excellent. A few months ago my fiancee and I watched it with her maid of honor and her boyfriend at the time. My fiancee and her friend had never seen it before, and loved it. It's still damn funny.

Jesus Christ every thread about an older movie is full of insufferable cunts like this

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #11893 on: January 23, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »

The point isn't to defend his sleezy shower ways, it's to point out that he wasn't the reason the forum became completely insufferable. At least, not directly responsible, he definitely didn't do enough to save the place from what it became.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11894 on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »

The point isn't to defend his sleezy shower ways, it's to point out that he wasn't the reason the forum became completely insufferable. At least, not directly responsible, he definitely didn't do enough to save the place from what it became.

BUT HE WAS. HE IS THE OWNER.

Averon

« Reply #11895 on: January 23, 2018, 09:36:34 PM »
Are some of you so easy to please that a few lucid comments about how terrible the forum was is enough for you to forget that Evilore is, and has always been, a terrible person? The man is a terrible, egotistical twat that wear a painfully fake macho man persona to boost his microscopic self-esteem. Even if you forgive him for allowing the lunatics to run the asylum, the man is still very much dis-likable in his own right.

Evilore can enjoy his near empty forum and dwindling ad revenue. It is well earned.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #11896 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
Are some of you all so easy to please that a few lucid comments about how terrible the forum was is enough for you to forget that EL is, and has always been, a terrible person? The man is a terrible, egotistical twat that wear a painfully fake macho man persona to boost his microscopic self-esteem. Even if you forgive him for allowing the lunatics to run the asylum, the man is still very much dis-likable in his own right.

EL can enjoy his near empty forum and dwindling ad revenue. It is well earned.
From my personal experience on the board, and then seeing what reset is without him anywhere near it....well? he can be the biggest dumbass in the world but it seems the board was headed in the resetera direction and there was nothing he could have done to prevent that once the ball got rolling.

I don't think anyone here gives a fuck about him either way.   :trumps

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11897 on: January 23, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
evilore can suck my dirty anus loving hog 

Boredfrom

« Reply #11898 on: January 23, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
Are some of you all so easy to please that a few lucid comments about how terrible the forum was is enough for you to forget that EL is, and has always been, a terrible person? The man is a terrible, egotistical twat that wear a painfully fake macho man persona to boost his microscopic self-esteem. Even if you forgive him for allowing the lunatics to run the asylum, the man is still very much dis-likable in his own right.

From my personal experience on the board, and then seeing what reset is without him anywhere near it....well? he can be the biggest dumbass in the world but it seems the board was headed in the resetera direction and there was nothing he could have done to prevent that once the ball got rolling.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11899 on: January 23, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
I don't really want to be so woke that Superbad, a movie about Nerds trying to get laid and making fun of each other like real 17-18 year olds is found to be problematic.

What movies, tv shows, games, whatever do these people like?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #11900 on: January 23, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
What could he have done? The mods he had were already in place and pretty much all within their own circles with their specific agendas, the board was filled with SJWs, the cheeseburger team, etc . If he started hacking away and trying to change the paradigm i don't think it would have changed anything.

I could be wrong, i wasn't obsessed with it like some of you have been for over a decade.

daemon

« Reply #11901 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »
he nuked accounts from orbit, turning them into guests just because they were snarky to him.

He was a terrible site owner for the past 4 years, he detached himself from the forum and let some unpaid interns run the site for him.

etiolate

« Reply #11902 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:53 PM »
I have found "the woke sjw" comedy falls somewhere into two categories. 

A) Along the lines of a Saturday morning comic strip. A Ziggy cartoon. "Oh, Garfield." sort of stuff. 
B) Attacking the enemy in lazy, pandering manner. Sometimes outright hateful and mean about it.

FStop7

« Reply #11903 on: January 23, 2018, 10:05:40 PM »
Comedy is white privilege.  If you’re not self-flagellating in front of a shrine to YAS QUEEN (you DO, have one, don’t you) during your government allotted recreation period then you are clearly a gamer gator nazi and I can’t even because it’s 2018.

Optimus

« Reply #11904 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »
Are some of you so easy to please that a few lucid comments about how terrible the forum was is enough for you to forget that Evilore is, and has always been, a terrible person? The man is a terrible, egotistical twat that wear a painfully fake macho man persona to boost his microscopic self-esteem. Even if you forgive him for allowing the lunatics to run the asylum, the man is still very much dis-likable in his own right.

Evilore can enjoy his near empty forum and dwindling ad revenue. It is well earned.

It's the opposite actually, I can forgive him for being an asshole but I can't forgive him for allowing the lunatics run the asylum for years. For me everything is relative and I'd rather have Evilore's immaturity than the SSW lunatics' authoritarianism and toxic, insufferable behavior.  In a perfect world Jim, who from what I remember was a pretty laid back guy, would still be running the site but yeah, at least the new neogaf isn't the hellhole it used to be. Small victories.

Himu

« Reply #11905 on: January 23, 2018, 10:38:02 PM »
Why would I ever want to willingly play a fat person in a video game
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #11906 on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:41 PM »

E. Honda sis  :gurl

Himu

« Reply #11907 on: January 23, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

E. Honda sis  :gurl

My friend plays him at a high tournament level. I just don't have the patience to play Honda. I don't know how she does it. I need me a fireball. Honda vs Ryu? You might as kill yourself in that match up. Fucking RIP. Godspeed, Honda fans. Rufus and Bob fans too I guess. Not for me! I play fit characters only!!!
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11908 on: January 23, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »

:preach

Himu

« Reply #11909 on: January 23, 2018, 10:52:59 PM »
No thank you!!! My characters must be beautiful or cool or both. Being fat isn't cool!

PS Nina you have bad form. In order to break the arm you bridge your waist upwards and then SQUEEEEEZE your legs together all in one motion, and then you can rip their arm off. :lawd
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #11910 on: January 23, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »

It's the opposite actually, I can forgive him for being an asshole but I can't forgive him for allowing the lunatics run the asylum for years. For me everything is relative and I'd rather have Evilore's immaturity than the SSW lunatics' authoritarianism and toxic, insufferable behavior.  In a perfect world Jim, who from what I remember was a pretty laid back guy, would still be running the site but yeah, at least the new neogaf isn't the hellhole it used to be. Small victories.

I would rather have neither.

Jansen

« Reply #11911 on: January 23, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/good-night-everyone.18424/

when you need attention so badly you make goodnight threads

Boredfrom

« Reply #11912 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:59 PM »
Sorry fistfulofmetal but

I mean it’s shitty if neo nazis and MRA’s are taking this opportunity to dunk on her. It’s harder to consider good faith criticism when objective douchebags start dragging you in bad faith.

I mean let's be honest here, it's very hard to see the constructive criticism when it's being blotted out by sexist jerks filling your timeline with garbage, which she is undoubtedly also getting.

there were a few tweets last night that straight up called her not queer enough and thats probably what shes responding to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-how-the-red-strings-club-sabotages-its-hopeful-cyberpunk-vision.18193/page-6

Three post separated by two or three minutes essentially telling the same excuse...

Also, I seriously doubt that dev is getting any better feedback from "woke" twitter that likes Waypoint.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11913 on: January 23, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »
I could barely look at it at the time. All the threads in pink were deleted by the mods to try to keep the peace while I tried to write some kind of official statement, but everything kept getting worse and worse. I basically hadn't slept for three days at that point because I found out about the facebook allegation two days prior and since she deleted it the next day and it hadn't become a thing I didn't know if I'd have to address it publicly or not. Then I guess some Social Justice gaffers got together on Twitter and coordinated posting screenshots of the already deleted allegation all over the site the day after that, everything went wild as per the screenshot above, we were then getting DDoSed and the site was down more than it was up, mods started having panic attacks and resigning and then the site was pretty much completely down from the DDoSing and I had rewritten my statement like a dozen times over at that point and had nothing left in me. I basically shifted over to saying goodbyes to everyone who was quitting since some of those folks I had been running gaf with for almost two decades. Gromph was trying to get the site back up but I told him to get some sleep since everything seemed fucked anyway, and I spent the night emailing Patrick Klepek with comment about the story (while still not having slept yet I don't think...) since I figured he would be a more neutral and well-researched avenue than Kotaku, who asked me absolutely ridiculous leading questions.

When Gromph woke up he managed to take the site down officially for maintenance through the DDoSes, and I tried to regroup the remaining few people to figure out what to do when we turned things back on, but there was barely anyone left and off-topic was where most of the rioting had taken place, so that's why off-topic was closed temporarily. Some insane social justice people were trying to get anyone who hadn't disavowed NeoGAF fired from their jobs (unsuccessfully, since that's ridiculous, but it still created more panic internally). I told everyone from the start of the panic that morning to protect themselves first and foremost and that I didn't blame them if they felt they needed to leave. Almost everyone ended up leaving. When we came back online we didn't have enough mod coverage to possibly deal with all the Reset promotional spam so we just kind of let it run its course, figure out what to do, I lawyered up and started documenting evidence with my lawyers that discredited the allegation completely, but very quickly the narrative moved on to how it "wasn't about the allegation" anymore.

I had to take care of family medical emergencies shortly thereafter and I was pretty shaken by everything and didn't want to bring any volunteer mods into such a shitstorm where people were trying to fuck with anyone still involved with the site, so even though tons of people offered to help mod via PM I turned them down, asked them to sit tight and just give things some time, and hired some contractors to take care of things on the moderation end until everything settled down enough where I felt it was okay to bring a new team of mods in. I mean, when the contractors were helping, things were still really bad with hundreds of account suicides with porn spam and Reset promotion. We got Cloudflare up ASAP though and so the subsequent DDoS attempts were unsuccessful at least.

It was messy. I fucked up plenty during the whole thing and didn't communicate with everyone here enough except through some PMs, because I was really sad about how the community seemed to turn on me so awfully, and then the media circus that followed was just astounding in scope and I wanted nothing to do with that either and told all my friends and business associates to distance themselves until things cooled off. I probably should have protected myself more instead of just letting it all hit me, but it seemed like the public narrative had been set in stone instantly anyway.

:whoo

WHICH DO I BELIEVE!?

^^^^
This one.  Nice try, Thug1.
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11914 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:17 PM »
so he's finally showing his true colors and NeoNaziReich is finally jumping on the gamergate/Jordan Peterson/boogie2988/Trump/white supremacist/Chelsea Manning/anti-Nintendo bandwagon in order to rake in the huge cash after so many people like besada worked so hard spending years carefully cultivating the garden for future generations to enjoy

sad that some people will sell out so quickly purely in the name of genocide and money rather than spend a little effort to be on the right side of history

oop, that reminds me that i should add another year to my eraCLEAR subscription

nudemacusers

« Reply #11915 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:44 PM »
evilore can suck my dirty anus loving hog
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #11916 on: January 23, 2018, 11:49:37 PM »
what's up with the neo members on gaf?

Optimus

« Reply #11917 on: January 24, 2018, 12:08:17 AM »
RESETERA DOWN

RESETERA DOWN

Gamergate is behind this, I'm sure of it.

agrajag

« Reply #11918 on: January 24, 2018, 12:13:01 AM »
Lol that Evilore post was mostly ignored by everyone in that thread

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11919 on: January 24, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »
Reset is down? Can Brianna wu be a message board?
que

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11920 on: January 24, 2018, 12:40:11 AM »
Evilore hired contractors to moderate neogaf? So he wasnt paying mods anything before that?
fat

El Babua

« Reply #11921 on: January 24, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »
I will not have any of you bitch ass cucks try to reform Lore's image :maf

Jansen

« Reply #11922 on: January 24, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »
can't make a beefsoda joke for era like he dropped his 100oz soda on the servers to double fist four big macs stacked together :(

Boredfrom

« Reply #11923 on: January 24, 2018, 12:59:10 AM »
A Dreamcast crashed Resetera?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3689836/

Or do they share servers with PSN?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:06:21 AM by Boredfrom »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11924 on: January 24, 2018, 01:30:15 AM »
Imagine how shit Mario would be if he lost weight? Remember when Josh from Drake and Josh lost all that weight and he stopped being funny anymore?

« Reply #11925 on: January 24, 2018, 01:34:26 AM »
Evilore was a mildly annoying pretentious fat nerd who argued on the internet about video games and anime

then he became a vastly more obnoxious stereotypical nerd who lost some weight and now think he's hot shit despite looking like a rapist keebler elf. Is constantly desperate to prove his "isnt like those other nerds" and his favourite games and anime are actually for cool people and the rest are for fat nerds he totally isnt anymore!

then he went to europe to "find himself" and became even worse at this point he's so desperate to prove he's not a nerd that he think he should talk to women about politics in azerbaijan or some shit and bores women out of ever having sex with him.

He got in good with Sony because Bish was friends with Adam Boyes, who took him on giant bomb and shit where everyone fucking hated him. Adam Boyes got to use the forum for sony and lore wouldnt say shit to bish for years because of it, despite knowing how much he was abusing his position he didnt want to lose his status. Bish got removed not long after Adam Boyes left Sony.

at this poiint he think he "runs a social network" and thinks he can pitch it to other companies, political groups, anything that'll give him status. he doesnt stand for anything, if he thought it'd be more beneficial to him to support policies of banning anyone who admits to being queer or jewish or whatever, he'd do that too

Himu

« Reply #11926 on: January 24, 2018, 01:46:35 AM »
Pretty sure Mario has a BMI of around 40, and his games are awesome for the most part.

Mario is cute. The other fat characters aren't cute, they're just fat fucks. They're dorky and treated like comic relief.

Look at this guy.

For the most part, fat in video games means ugly. I don't want to play as someone ugly. Mario is the sole exception because he's cute and you want to huggle him and he,makes cute noises like "WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11927 on: January 24, 2018, 01:57:51 AM »
Tell it to your Mario body pillow, perv

Himu

« Reply #11928 on: January 24, 2018, 02:03:41 AM »

How can you say no to this cutie?

He's so kawaii.
IYKYK

« Reply #11929 on: January 24, 2018, 02:14:44 AM »

You can have fat characters but they will be female and sexualized

quickly, reeera, do the social justice math to decide if you're allowed to support this or not

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11930 on: January 24, 2018, 02:18:59 AM »
The second there's a fat character they'll find something to reeeeeeeeeee about anyway.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11931 on: January 24, 2018, 02:27:03 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

He's so kawaii.

I, like many Australians, draw an ethic line at Japanese-videogame furry porn

Hot Slice

« Reply #11932 on: January 24, 2018, 02:48:19 AM »

He's so kawaii.
No joke, my sister has 2 body pillows, and is looking for a 3rd. Do they even make Cat Mario ones?

etiolate

« Reply #11933 on: January 24, 2018, 02:52:23 AM »
dawg i got no reply

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11935 on: January 24, 2018, 03:16:17 AM »

He's so kawaii.
No joke, my sister has 2 body pillows, and is looking for a 3rd. Do they even make Cat Mario ones?

She single?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11936 on: January 24, 2018, 03:35:50 AM »
If she'll dry-hump a pillow, my odds can't be that bad.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #11937 on: January 24, 2018, 07:56:38 AM »
If she'll dry-hump a pillow, my odds can't be that bad.
tfw u get rejected by a woman so desperate that she dry-humps cat mario body pillows  :-\

daemon

« Reply #11938 on: January 24, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »
Pretty sure Mario has a BMI of around 40, and his games are awesome for the most part.

Mario is cute. The other fat characters aren't cute, they're just fat fucks. They're dorky and treated like comic relief.

Look at this guy.

For the most part, fat in video games means ugly. I don't want to play as someone ugly. Mario is the sole exception because he's cute and you want to huggle him and he,makes cute noises like "WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Roadhog's cool tho. Has self awareness

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11939 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:02 AM »

You can have fat characters but they will be female and sexualized

quickly, reeera, do the social justice math to decide if you're allowed to support this or not
Oh sure, she's white and probably straight and. Cis too. You shitlord.
que