Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174213 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12420 on: January 26, 2018, 04:45:16 PM »
Just a reminder that Hillary lost the election for all of us by running the most pathetic campaign possible without visiting key states while she relaxed on the coasts talking to donors :umad

Also reminder that I voted for Bernie in the primary :jawalrus

"BUT IT WAS HER TURN!!!"

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12421 on: January 26, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3805116/

Not making established hetero characters fuck guys is apparently oppressive discrimination.  :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12422 on: January 26, 2018, 04:49:27 PM »
Just a reminder that Hillary lost the election for all of us by running the most pathetic campaign possible without visiting key states while she relaxed on the coasts talking to donors

Also reminder that I voted for Bernie in the primary

*Insert Citizen Kane clapping gif but with the actual context of the movie still intact*

Averon

« Reply #12423 on: January 26, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
That Hilary thread is a new level of pathetic hypocrisy and tribalism. The 2016 election completely destroyed what little sense that community had left.

I can only imagine the meltdowns if the Democrats fail to capture the House in the 2018 elections and/or if Trump gets re-elected.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12424 on: January 26, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »
Clinton may have been better candidate than Trump, but he was a horrible candidate with a campaign as shallow as Trump.

Aegis.exe

« Reply #12425 on: January 26, 2018, 04:53:57 PM »
I don't think you get to call the person who lost one of the easiest elections in US history "the better candidate".

Boredfrom

« Reply #12426 on: January 26, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
Just a reminder that Hillary lost the election for all of us by running the most pathetic campaign possible without visiting key states while she relaxed on the coasts talking to donors

Also reminder that I voted for Bernie in the primary

*Insert Citizen Kane clapping gif but with the actual context of the movie still intact*

Man, even without the context, is obvious that it was a sarcastic clap.

I don't think you get to call the person who lost one of the easiest elections in US history "the better candidate".

Sure as fuck she would be better than Trump. But not exactly a fan of her to begin with.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #12427 on: January 26, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Some of the mods also don't dare to question the judgment of their 'minority' co-workers because they fear the backlash and dog-piling.

Christ. If no one else will do it... *rolls up sleeves* Hey, Shostakovich, get me a mod account instantly and I'll do it. Slayvern think he can ban "white tears" posts that call out that bullshit? Not on my watch, bitch.

Edit: And I don't even visit the fucking board and I'll do it simply because that shit should be called out and reversed if they want to save the stupid board.

Himu

« Reply #12428 on: January 26, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »
I never want to hear from Hillary ever again but she just keeps coming back!
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12429 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:56 PM »
Politics discussion again? Sounds ok, let's talk about OH SHIT IT'S THE RETURN OF THE DANCING MAN LOOK AT HIM GO OH BOY
 :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

每天生气

Aegis.exe

« Reply #12430 on: January 26, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
Sure as fuck she would be better than Trump. But not exactly a fan of her to begin with.

She's a much better politician in the system that's still left leaning, so yeah I'd much rather have her than Trump obviously. That still doesn't change the fact that she's pretty vile and toxic enough to have lost what really could have been a slam dunk of an election. She was a horrendous candidate that lost because of it.

Anybody who even remotely sticks with her after that and considers themselves to be in a good spot politically is what I would call a moron.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12431 on: January 26, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
Why is Morrigan still a mod after her David Bowie defense?

She's a much better politician in the system that's still left leaning, so yeah I'd much rather have her than Trump obviously. That still doesn't change the fact that she's pretty vile and toxic enough to have lost what really could have been a slam dunk of an election. She was a horrendous candidate that lost because of it.

Anybody who even remotely sticks with her after that and considers themselves to be in a good spot politically is what I would call a moron.

Dude, I don’t really disagree. Not a fan.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12432 on: January 26, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
Remember when he was on ScrewAttack?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12433 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »
Clinton may have been better candidate than Trump, but he was a horrible candidate with a campaign as shallow as Trump.
Trump was the best candidate of the 2016 election cycle.

The GOP had garbage candidates because Ryan wouldn't have a go at it (El Jebe, Rubio bot, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, the Zodiac Killer) none could lead the party so Trump hijacked it.
On the other hand the Dems had already set Hillary up to win, the first female president after the first black president. The political masterminds were furiously masturbating they were going to pull it off.

Then Donald John Fucking Trump after offending half the planet including the pope and a handicapped reporter beats Hillary Clinton like a chump and gets his revenge for Obama's White House dinner roast.

You better start believin' in the lord bitches, this is biblical revenge. Next time it's the flood.
🤴

Aegis.exe

« Reply #12434 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

I'd assume she slots in well to the Sweet Nicole agenda sooooooooo

Himu

« Reply #12435 on: January 26, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »
Thinking of election night still depresses me. :stahp
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #12436 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

Dude, I don’t really disagree. Not a fan.
You can bone kids in the 70s, no biggie... don’t try to hop in the shower with an adult in the 2010s tho. Beyond the pale.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #12437 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

Yeah, but she is so transparently shallow. Waypoint shallow. Like a mistake away of getting in hot water because she is confusing being a fangirl with being “woke”.

Averon

« Reply #12438 on: January 26, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
GAF's meltdown was a great salve on election night. Wasn't worth Trump, but it was amusing watching them meltdown after spending months being smug assholes about the election and anything not Hilary.

Aegis.exe

« Reply #12439 on: January 26, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »

Yeah, but she is so transparently shallow. Waypoint shallow. Like a mistake away of getting in hot water because she is confusing being a fangirl with being “woke”.

You spent a lot of time in leftist online spaces that are geared towards women's rights or lgbt stuff? I'm not talking GAF, I'm talking the even more dedicated spaces than that. She's a dime a dozen, fits the stereotype to a pretty insane degree. Being that type of "ally" and being that level of vapidly stupid are just kind of how it is for the most part. I mention Sweet Nicole cause she was a founder of this mess and she's from around those spaces it looks like, so I doubt she'd think much of it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12440 on: January 26, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »
GAF's meltdown was a great salve on election night. Wasn't worth Trump, but it was amusing watching them meltdown after spending months being smug assholes about the election and anything not Hilary.

The sad thing is that many posters didn’t learn shit from it. Now we have stuff like: “Stop complaining about the DACA. Everything is going to be fine when the blue wave comes and we control the house and the senate”.

Himu

« Reply #12441 on: January 26, 2018, 05:21:15 PM »
Hillary loses the easiest election predicted ever and she blames everything but her own staff and the DNC. She doomed an entire generation. The presidency was the icing on the cake. I was fighting for SCOTUS. And then after the fact she still won’t disappear. She still won’t leave and people still furiously defend her and her failure. It’s maddening. I fucking hate Hillary Clinton and fuck the Democrats for going with such a bullshit candidate with no message beyond the status quo and identity politics.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12442 on: January 26, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
That night, I discovered what desperation looks like:

And I felt like a bankster

🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #12443 on: January 26, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »

You spent a lot of time in leftist online spaces that are geared towards women's rights or lgbt stuff? I'm not talking GAF, I'm talking the even more dedicated spaces than that. She's a dime a dozen, fits the stereotype to a pretty insane degree. Being that type of "ally" and being that level of vapidly stupid are just kind of how it is for the most part. I mention Sweet Nicole cause she was a founder of this mess and she's from around those spaces it looks like, so I doubt she'd think much of it.

I’m also used. You can see that in fandoms that are tangential to this issues, but I legit think it got worse in this 3 years at some places that at least tried to be nuanced and not choosing a mod that is seriously arguing for making characters gay to appeal a little segment of a market.

Then people are surprised when Waypoint think is a good idea to post a feminization fanfic.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:41:35 PM by Boredfrom »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #12444 on: January 26, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »
Woah damn, you made three figures on three figures, some real ballin outta control shit right here

arrow

« Reply #12445 on: January 26, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
There was actually a debate about whether this was nsfw.

I don't see a signed consent/age form anywhere in the pic.  How do we know the pickle that looks like Amirox isn't harassing an underage cucumber?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12446 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:55 PM »
Woah damn, you made three figures on three figures, some real ballin outta control shit right here
It felt good making money at the expense of others even if it wasn't much, I sold out the minorities that would be deported or shot the next day according to our local news.  :usacry
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #12447 on: January 26, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »
It felt good making money at the expense of others even if it wasn't much, I sold out the minorities that would be deported or shot the next day according to our local news.  :usacry

Those are Euros.

Odrion

« Reply #12448 on: January 26, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Has there been a community that has taken more Ls than PoliGAF/ERA?
._.

jorma

« Reply #12449 on: January 26, 2018, 05:52:47 PM »

Those are Euros.

You can't bet on us elections in the us, unless you do it from a foreign betting site.

Boredfrom

« Reply #12450 on: January 26, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »
Kirblar tried to save face:

Yup the USA Today story completely retextualizes this to serious anger.

Excelsiorcief tried to help him:

It's impressive though that US Today did a far better job contextualizing this in the here and now than the NYT.... especially because all the US Today had to do was going through the shit head's twitter account.

What a tool.

Aegis.exe

« Reply #12451 on: January 26, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
I’m also used. You can see that in fandoms that are tangential to this issues, but I legit think it got worse in this 3 years at some places that at least tried to be nuanced and not choosing a mod that is seriously arguing for making characters gay to appeal a little segment of a market.

Then people are surprised when Waypoint think is a good idea to post a feminization fanfic.

It's been steadily getting worse since before that, I'd say since some of the "woke" trends started back around Idk 2012(yeah I know about the 60s blah blah I mean the more mainstream online shit from recent years)? Started to get normal on campus around me around that time, cause reasons. The crazies then were on like tumblr and stuff, then twitter, then other places etc. By 2015 that type of stuff was pretty normal, then Trump happened and people lost their shit. That's at least how I experienced, shit was already getting normal and that election kicked things into hyperdrive.

Like again, why would they bother canning Morrigan if she's just like any other normal online feminist lady? For every 1 space and every sensible ally I've met, there's a Morrigan Stark saying enough of the right shit somewhere in spaces that are a bit more extreme like GAF and now ERA. Shit's just the new normal around there, so fuck it.

Kinda sucks cause people like her and Nicole make me avoid places that are "lgbt friendly" a lot because I don't want to deal with people like that. I know lots of cool places that aren't like that, but it's not worth checking. It's like when I checked out TransGAF and I was so uncomfortable I walked away pretty quickly. That type of stuff, especially the ERA crazies, gives us such a bad name that I almost just went back to the closet for a bit. Can't be understated how much I despise people like Sweet Nicole over stuff like that along with my own personal beef.

Averon

« Reply #12452 on: January 26, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
Kirblar is the definition of someone trying to sound far smarter than they actually is.

nudemacusers

« Reply #12453 on: January 26, 2018, 06:13:53 PM »
Kirblar is the definition of someone trying to sound far smarter than they actually is.

:hitler
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12454 on: January 26, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Averon annihilated
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #12456 on: January 26, 2018, 06:45:59 PM »

someone post it lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12457 on: January 26, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »
Kirblar is now making threads to spread his bullshit conspiracy theories
Which is why the open question for many reading that NYT headline and byline for many: Was the timing coincidence? Or was a piece aimed at Donald Trump's 2016 general election opponent, timed to run 12 hours later w/ a byline credited to the "Trump Whisperer" simply the price of maintaining access to a man with a notoriously short attention span?
:neogaf

Also "Many people are saying" is a line straight out of Trump's playbook  :dead
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12458 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
Holy Fuck! kirblar is doubling down his shit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/many-people-are-upset-at-the-new-york-times-who-dont-watch-fox-news-heres-why.19180/

I think I may be stupid because I can't tell who Kirblar is saying doesn't watch Fox News; many people or the New York Times?

nudemacusers

« Reply #12459 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »
Must protect queen
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #12460 on: January 26, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »
Thank you media for contextualizing me in the proper moral position.

I will again subscribe to you! We must save the press in this Trumpian time! May you bury stories that truly upset me forever!

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12461 on: January 26, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »
Politics discussion again? Sounds ok, let's talk about OH SHIT IT'S THE RETURN OF THE DANCING MAN LOOK AT HIM GO OH BOY
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

He's no :bow Technoviking :bow2

^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12462 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »
This guy's going all in:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/many-people-are-upset-at-the-new-york-times-who-dont-watch-fox-news-heres-why.19180/#post-3809427
You have gone completely off the fucking rails if you are peddling a conspiracy that Maggie Haberman withheld knowledge of an attempt to fire Mueller so that she would maintain access to the White House. We are one year within the administration, so if publishing that really would burn the whole bridge down, that's a hell of a bridge to burn 25% of the way in, not even making it in time for the tail end of the Mueller investigation. And furthermore this totally ignores the leaks and leaks and leaks the NYT published liberally (pun unintended) for six to nine months that were seeping of the very walls of the west wing before Rank Pubus locked it down like a SAT exam in highschool.

Which is more likely: that urban liberals are actually totally out of their depth when it comes to understand rural and "average" (white) America so they fell over backwards doing David Attenborough pieces on the topique du an... or that there is white nationalist normalization coming from WITHIN THE NEWSPAPER ("they're comin' outta the goddamn walls!") in order to balance their journalistic integrity with "access".

What you are describing does exist but this thread is too much. And furthermore, the NYT has always had conservative sympathizers, in both its opinion space (which is SEPARATE AND DISTINCT FROM ITS EDITORIALS) and its reporting (see: the whole fucking Iraq War, also the pro Clinton bias over softie Barrack Obama during 2008). Why else do you think William Saffire was one of their most venerated columnists for years?

:drudge
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #12463 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:45 PM »
Quote from: Kriblar
I actually did this in 2 hours when I realized the NYT meta-talk was derailing the other thread because a whole bunch of people were looking at us like we were talking about chemtrails. :-P

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3809152/

Yeah, people are gonna stop that with lines like these

Which is why the open question for many reading that NYT headline and byline for many: Was the timing coincidence? Or was a piece aimed at Donald Trump's 2016 general election opponent, timed to run 12 hours later w/ a byline credited to the "Trump Whisperer" simply the price of maintaining access to a man with a notoriously short attention span?
sigh

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12464 on: January 26, 2018, 07:15:11 PM »
Hillary? Never heard of her.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12465 on: January 26, 2018, 07:17:30 PM »
Of all the conspiracies this is really the dumbest, Kristoffer continues to drop the truth bombs

Also wtf is "access" even for? The president just lies to the press. His press secretary lies to the press. The Mueller story came from a leak (probably his lawyer), just like most of the interesting stories. Access is completely worthless, everyone in the media already knows this.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12466 on: January 26, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
Has Bobby returned to RE yet or is he still hiding like a coward after his attempt at getting a mod position blew up in his face

The other day, an acquaintance who I've met a few times at house parties shared an article from the Portland Mercury written by none other than BR. Got a quick chuckle out of that.
^_^

nudemacusers

« Reply #12467 on: January 26, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
please ignore the timing of this thread which is about the timing of this article
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12470 on: January 26, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/many-people-are-upset-at-the-new-york-times-who-dont-watch-fox-news-heres-why.19180/#post-3810083

It's scary that a moderator is pushing a self-described "chemtrails-esque" narrative.
:lol
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12472 on: January 26, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »
Kirblar kinda reads like

Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12473 on: January 26, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-hillary-clinton-chose-to-shield-a-top-adviser-accused-of-harassment-in-2008.19090/page-16#post-3809890
People from Neogaf are partisan hypocrites that will do anything to defend "their side". Who knew.

Member warned: Blanket insulting a large group of members.

The purge has begun
🤴

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #12474 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »
Prep the bore servers for another mass exodus from reset era.  :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #12475 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
Prep the bore servers for another mass exodus from reset era. :doge
:nope
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12476 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
When ResetEra sends their people they're not sending their best. They're sending criminals, rapists, drug dealers and some, I assume are good people.

So much for the happy happy drum circle
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-hillary-clinton-chose-to-shield-a-top-adviser-accused-of-harassment-in-2008.19090/page-16#post-3809890
On Neogaf I would get massive dogpiles for defending Bernie on the most innocuous infractions like him simple having the gall to stay in the race after it was unlikely for him to win. Seriously, if these allegations surfaced about Bernie there would be such a furore but oh well, those type of 'what-if' comparisons are silly. I just wish people would accept Clinton's error without framing this debate around 2016, Trump and Bernie.
🤴

Averon

Jansen

« Reply #12478 on: January 26, 2018, 07:37:54 PM »
A week ban: Inappropriate language, insulting other user. Ban length pending.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12479 on: January 26, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
The pent up frustration of both former NeoGAF members, the Clinton losers and Bernie bro's all on display

:delicious
🤴