Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174418 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12900 on: January 29, 2018, 02:57:36 AM »
It's the GAF legacy to crucify based on basicly as little info as possible.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12901 on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:03 AM »
So since no one answered when I asked last time I'm going to go ahead and assume that no, there isn't any actual footage of this game, and that people are digging their heels in on either side of this based on a four minute trailer that basically just shows off some neat lookin shaders and a groovy tune
There isn't additional footage yet and most of the hate is based on the social media of the lead developer who established that the premise of this game was grassroots social authoritarianism at its logical extreme. Feminism, internet culture, etc. So what he's experiencing right now is really ironic.
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #12902 on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:24 AM »
The last night stuff is entertaining.

"We need more political messages in gaming!!....not like that!"

Said the same thing

I mean nobody is saying that as far as I've seen. The dude's completely allowed to have his game with his message. We're free to tell him fuck off and not buy it. He's not being censored or anything
You just have some dude give a fucking Robert De Niro speech about anyone who dares to like the game  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3837433/

jorma

« Reply #12903 on: January 29, 2018, 03:30:58 AM »
So since no one answered when I asked last time I'm going to go ahead and assume that no, there isn't any actual footage of this game, and that people are digging their heels in on either side of this based on a four minute trailer that basically just shows off some neat lookin shaders and a groovy tune
There isn't additional footage yet and most of the hate is based on the social media of the lead developer who established that the premise of this game was grassroots social authoritarianism at its logical extreme. Feminism, internet culture, etc. So what he's experiencing right now is really ironic.

reeeeetort:

His framing of ResetERA breaking off as hostile Authoritarian Lefties is so transparently inaccurate that it is undeniably intentional.

jorma

« Reply #12904 on: January 29, 2018, 04:10:03 AM »
Why TF is Last Night an Xbone exclusive?

It's on PC.
I figure the xbone deal is just some extra money because ms desperately needs something that isn't on ps4.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12905 on: January 29, 2018, 04:17:19 AM »
You just have some dude give a fucking Robert De Niro speech about anyone who dares to like the game  :lol

In threads like these I always love the people who come in, completely ignoring the conversation, go "looks great! Can't wait to buy it!" and never come back. Not only is it a drive by, they know what they're doing. But like I and others have said in previous similar threads, we see you. We know what you're doing too.

The thread is called "Some new technical details for The Last Night". On resetera a member tries to give people shit for saying they want to buy a game in a thread about the game, and no-one bats an eye.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12906 on: January 29, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »
So this Last Night game is basically about living in a Resetera world?

It's pretty much The Bore: The Videogame then.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #12907 on: January 29, 2018, 04:48:55 AM »
You don't seem to be paying much attention then. People have pointed it out in this very thread. His comments as to why GAF died, his likes, his defense of Quantic Dream, etc.

You are making excuses and trying to defend a known misogynist GamerGate supporter. And now you're trying to move the goal posts with, "But look, he tweeted this too!"

No, that's not how it works. He is trying to save face after being exposed. Him saying, "No, that's not true!" does not somehow make up for the years of stuff he actually said and did.

Enough.

ENOUGH  :brazilcry

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12908 on: January 29, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »

In threads like these I always love the people who come in, completely ignoring the conversation, go "looks great! Can't wait to buy it!" and never come back. Not only is it a drive by, they know what they're doing. But like I and others have said in previous similar threads, we see you. We know what you're doing too.

The thread is called "Some new technical details for The Last Night". On resetera a member tries to give people shit for saying they want to buy a game in a thread about the game, and no-one bats an eye.

Yeah, you'd think that kind of derailment would earn a warning but I suppose this is the type of discussion the Re mods are looking for

« Reply #12909 on: January 29, 2018, 05:29:18 AM »
"I dont get why you people are so mad about this guy, he seems ok"

"Have you checked his likes? Followed him around? Looked in his garbage? Like a normal person does to a developer before buying a video game?"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12910 on: January 29, 2018, 05:52:45 AM »
What’s up with the “He defended Quantic Dream!” posts? We’re talking about the Heavy Rain studio? I haven’t played any of their stuff, but didn’t they do well commercially/critically? What’s with the need for a defense force?

https://amp.theguardian.com/games/2018/jan/15/game-developer-quantic-dream-accused-of-toxic-and-sexist-working-environment

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-14-david-cage-and-quantic-dream-shocked-by-allegations-of-unhealthy-studio-culture

jorma

« Reply #12911 on: January 29, 2018, 06:05:09 AM »

Yeah, you'd think that kind of derailment would earn a warning but I suppose this is the type of discussion the Re mods are looking for

Bish called him a nazi by post 8 (or was it 88, i forget, lololol) without any sort of pushback. I guess that sets the tone a bit.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12912 on: January 29, 2018, 06:17:11 AM »
Bish called him a nazi by post 8 (or was it 88, i forget, lololol) without any sort of pushback. I guess that sets the tone a bit.

Wait a second...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3507248/

This is not the place for frivolity, irreverence or fun of any kind.

Those bitches lied to me!

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #12913 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:16 AM »
This article previously translated a passage of a French report to say Guillaume de Fondaumičre was accused of "pushing kisses" on staff at parties, but the translation is incorrect, as de Fondaumičre himself later pointed out to me. After further consultation we have a more accurate translation. The accusation revolves around the common French greeting of air-kissing when two people meet. Guillaume de Fondaumičre is accused of making more contact with his kisses than is considered appropriate.

:dead

"He was kissing wimminn all the time"

"Well duh, that's how french people greet each other"

"Well... then he... huh, used more contact than appropriate!!111!!1"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12914 on: January 29, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
Man is it possible to be so much of a bigot that you're actually a trigot
Uncle

« Reply #12915 on: January 29, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Sex is jazz.

Everyone just does what they want and none of it comes together and it's shit and no-one is satisfied

BlackBuzzard

« Reply #12916 on: January 29, 2018, 07:23:47 AM »
Guess you cant point out to salty Nintendo distinguished mentally-challenged fellows that Monster Hunter World is selling well. Im glad that Nintendo era is so unbiased.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12917 on: January 29, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »
Holy shit this needs to be the reeeeesetera slogan from this point onwards:

woke

agrajag

« Reply #12918 on: January 29, 2018, 07:48:41 AM »
so ERA is the anti-Bore or bizarro-Bore

Jerry

« Reply #12919 on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:58 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

They do say all good jokes have a kernel of truth
COYS

Rahxephon91

« Reply #12920 on: January 29, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
Guess you cant point out to salty Nintendo distinguished mentally-challenged fellows that Monster Hunter World is selling well. Im glad that Nintendo era is so unbiased.
Thats because Nintendo is god and everything must be on the Switch. Duh

Jansen

« Reply #12921 on: January 29, 2018, 09:29:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3887298/

Quote from: Bobby, post: 3887298, member: 37043
LOL.

Stay not knowing what the fuck you're talking about, "El Bombastico"

Patience is a finite resource and stupid fuckholes are in abundance.

But if you really wanna credit me with that much influence over the shitpoor excuse for "discussion" being mourned here go right ahead. Someone not posting live from an embedded location inside their own colon might instead come to the conclusion the thread's dead because the film dropped out of the top ten and anyone even halfway rational is probably sick to death of litigating the 3 millionth argument over mary sues and how every female character in the series needs to justify their adequacy as story elements before they can do anything.

Stay thinking about me when I'm gone and getting brave enough to take your swings when you think I'm not looking tho.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #12922 on: January 29, 2018, 09:31:43 AM »
Stop doxxing him, Jansen!  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #12923 on: January 29, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »
lol bobby the ethug

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #12924 on: January 29, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
Hm, who does this remind me of?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #12925 on: January 29, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
How dare you call it nothing. Pistols at dawn!

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #12926 on: January 29, 2018, 10:09:40 AM »

LOL.

But if you really wanna credit me with that much influence over the shitpoor excuse for "discussion" being mourned here go right ahead. Someone not posting live from an embedded location inside their own colon might instead come to the conclusion the thread's dead because the film dropped out of the top ten and anyone even halfway rational is probably sick to death of litigating the 3 millionth argument over mary sues and how every female character in the series needs to justify their adequacy as story elements before they can do anything.

Stay thinking about me when I'm gone and getting brave enough to take your swings when you think I'm not looking tho.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!
I'll go and call him out for being an arrogant asshole on Twitter again. That usually shuts him up for a couple of days. Imagine if Bobby Roberts and Jack Remington had a kid together.

Tasty

« Reply #12927 on: January 29, 2018, 11:00:08 AM »
Imagine if Ted Danson and Jack Remington had a kid together.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12928 on: January 29, 2018, 11:07:26 AM »

LOL.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!

lol, he came out of hiding to only respond to that? This dude keeps insisting he didn't have a breakdown but I'm starting to think his breakdown has yet to end.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #12929 on: January 29, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »

I hope he includes a bar with the Era/GAF logo's together that gets blown up/set on fire. Just for the :trigger 'd response from both.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #12930 on: January 29, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »

Whatever you say, Arnold.

jorma

« Reply #12931 on: January 29, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »

LOL.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!

lol, he came out of hiding to only respond to that? This dude keeps insisting he didn't have a breakdown but I'm starting to think his breakdown has yet to end.

Best part is that he is going to have to come here for reactions to his epic shutdown of "el bombastico", since no one at resetera seems to have given a shit  :lol

Dont worry "bobby"! The bore is here for you, "bobby"! The bore would never put you in a corner, "bobby"!

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12932 on: January 29, 2018, 11:56:20 AM »
...can we have the Bobberts emoji back again?
woke

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #12933 on: January 29, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »
...can we have the Bobberts emoji back again?
He'll probably send in a cease and desist letter to Demi if we do.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #12934 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
Bobby can't help but put kiddos in their place. It's a full time job!

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12935 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
Not even going to pretend this thread doesn't get me heated, hardly anyone even comments on the video it's just a bunch of reactions to the title (per NeoGAF standard, of course). ERA is even trash for gaming discussion.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3895225/

BUT BUT BUT MUH NOSTALGIA, MUH SHITTY PS2 BLOOM

Feel free to crank your TV's brightness setting to the the max and wash out all the detail for THE TRUE EXPERIENCE you fucking luddite piece of shit. I imagine these goobers in a damp basement with the windows covered in black electrical tape playing games on nothing but a 1998 CRT. Need that pure, untainted 480i bliss.

:expert

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12936 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:24 PM »
He'll probably send in a cease and desist letter to Demi if we do.

woke

agrajag

« Reply #12937 on: January 29, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
Hey guys I just realized something important. Bobby is their etoilet. He's dropping L's on fools left and right.

:ohhh

HaughtyFrank

Tasty

« Reply #12939 on: January 29, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

"You dare mock the son of a shepherd?"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12940 on: January 29, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
Hey a whole thread on resetera about hating a harmless minority group of weirdos.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i’m-sorry-those-animal-tail’s-are-weird-as-fuck-tho.19615/

Jansen

« Reply #12941 on: January 29, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »

LOL.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!

Best part is that he is going to have to come here for reactions to his epic shutdown of "el bombastico", since no one at resetera seems to have given a shit  :lol

Dont worry "bobby"! The bore is here for you, "bobby"! The bore would never put you in a corner, "bobby"!

Bobby
User Warned: Don't use inflammatory words to insult other users.

El Bombastico
Banned
User Banned (24H): Incitement

Lol no one in that thread will call out the bullshit mod favoritism.

jorma

« Reply #12942 on: January 29, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »
One day I went to my library in a fairly small sized central Indiana town. There was someone dressed up as a fox wearing a blazer just wandering around outside.

So what did he say?

agrajag

« Reply #12943 on: January 29, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
One day I went to my library in a fairly small sized central Indiana town. There was someone dressed up as a fox wearing a blazer just wandering around outside.

So what did he say?

How big was his peen

Tasty

« Reply #12944 on: January 29, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »

So what did he say?

Boooooooo

agrajag

« Reply #12945 on: January 29, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »
So, Bobby has been banned twice since signing up in what, late December? Both for using inflammatory language to attack other posters. And he's been warned multiple times for the same thing. How many times can you get banned/warned for the same thing before you get booted entirely?

Also RE lets you look up post history even if you don't have an account. Wtf. Signed up December 30th, has 840 posts, and somehow has managed to go back and edit out what appears to be a solid 600+ of the posts he made. Literally almost all of his posts have been redacted by him.  How much time and why?  :goty2

Can't the mods still see his posts pre-edit, what is the purpose of that? He mist be really afraid of Benji doxing him again.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12946 on: January 29, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
Hey a whole thread on resetera about hating a harmless minority group of weirdos.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i’m-sorry-those-animal-tail’s-are-weird-as-fuck-tho.19615/

User has been warned for generalizing a group of people as being mentally ill.

You are allowed to think weird shit is weird. Someone walking around with a pink fluffy tail is likely suffering from some serious emotional or developmental issues. That said I still think they should be able to wear their dumbass tail if they want. I won't tell anyone they can't dress weird. Be yourself.
Equating mental illness to a choice to wear a tail. Brilliant.

I dunno I'm not yet prepared to discard any particular fashion accessory choice as no longer being a sign of mental distress.

Uncle

Bore Expert

« Reply #12947 on: January 29, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »

:delicious

etiolate

« Reply #12948 on: January 29, 2018, 01:39:12 PM »
So they ban the guy Bobby attacks and put a warning on Bobby for going apeshit?

Bore Expert

« Reply #12949 on: January 29, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »

He’s probably using an old Jedi mind trick on the Ree mods

agrajag

« Reply #12950 on: January 29, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »

He’s probably using an old Jedi mind trick on the Ree mods

Too bad the only mod that would 't fall for that isn't on Reeee

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12951 on: January 29, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »
So, Bobby has been banned twice since signing up in what, late December? Both for using inflammatory language to attack other posters. And he's been warned multiple times for the same thing. How many times can you get banned/warned for the same thing before you get booted entirely?

Also RE lets you look up post history even if you don't have an account. Wtf. Signed up December 30th, has 840 posts, and somehow has managed to go back and edit out what appears to be a solid 600+ of the posts he made. Literally almost all of his posts have been redacted by him.  How much time and why?  :goty2

Not a breakdown though!

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #12952 on: January 29, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
I miss the Bobby emoji :/

etiolate

« Reply #12953 on: January 29, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
He put Last Jedi ahead of Logan on his movie of the year list

:dead

nudemacusers

« Reply #12954 on: January 29, 2018, 02:06:27 PM »

LOL.

Oh Bobby is angry!!!

Bobby
User Warned: Don't use inflammatory words to insult other users.

El Bombastico
Banned
User Banned (24H): Incitement

Lol no one in that thread will call out the bullshit mod favoritism.
I dunno this seems reasonable :shrug

Plus warnings seem more cruel. Like your dad saying he’s disappointed in you :fbm
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #12955 on: January 29, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »
Hey guys I just realized something important. Bobby is their etoilet. He's dropping L's on fools left and right.

:ohhh

You're probably (over) using the word "L" when you really just mean "being profoundly wrong about a particular subject and having been corrected about it on the internet in a fashion that causes embarrassment for the wrongdoer."

They're not synonyms. They can be similar (ish) depending on specific uses, but unless those specific uses are referencing specific backstory that is, in-game, accepted as being part of a long oral tradition, passed down from one fictional generation to another as part of that fictional story's continuity, then you're not talking about "L's" anymore.

I know it sounds a lot more grandiose and important to call the fact Mario kicks Bowser's ass every time "Bowser taking an L," but that's not taking an L. That's a detail from a game box.

Just a thing I've been noticing lately. Almost nothing described as an "L" in a game is actually taking an L in any sense of the word. I mean, sometimes there's some game set in a fantasy world where paper hasn't been invented yet, and maybe in those cases, the game's backstory would be, to those characters, "L." But usually, when someone brings up "L's" here, its almost always just details someone took from a wiki entry. Wikipedias aren't "L's". A prologue or title crawl isn't an "L". The comic book tie-in isn't an "L". The events of the preceding game isn't an L. It's just plain-ol' being wrong and corrected by Bobby Roberts.

Also, just because something has a sequel doesn't automatically make it a "franchise," but that's for another day.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12956 on: January 29, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3895225/

BUT BUT BUT MUH NOSTALGIA, MUH SHITTY PS2 BLOOM

Feel free to crank your TV's brightness setting to the the max and wash out all the detail for THE TRUE EXPERIENCE you fucking luddite piece of shit. I imagine these goobers in a damp basement with the windows covered in black electrical tape playing games on nothing but a 1998 CRT. Need that pure, untainted 480i bliss.

I like the original look more as well.

:expert

agrajag

« Reply #12957 on: January 29, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
If we go by the two images in the OP, the original looks like dogshit

tuna_love

« Reply #12958 on: January 29, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
tumour_love seems like a pretty cool dude

Tasty

« Reply #12959 on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:30 PM »
The original does look like dogshit but I prefer its desaturated colors to the new version's.