Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174398 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13260 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
I mean, it is pretty funny

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13261 on: January 31, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
I mean, it is pretty funny

Yes. But that's a retratatata admin.

agrajag

« Reply #13262 on: January 31, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
There was a dude on Reee yesterday musing about a possible assassination attempt at the SOTU. These people are unhinged.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13263 on: January 31, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
It's funny! Like when a gun's rights activist gets killed accidentally by their 4 year old son. Or when some Wall Street jerks die after terrorists fly planes into their building.

« Reply #13264 on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
It's funny! Like when a gun's rights activist gets killed accidentally by their 4 year old son. Or when some Wall Street jerks die after terrorists fly planes into their building.

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
 :girlaff :crowdlaff :point :taylor

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #13265 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
There was a dude on Reee yesterday musing about a possible assassination attempt at the SOTU. These people are unhinged.

To be fair, it was probably the same asshole who predicted the same thing for Obama because "OMG Amerikkka is so racist!!"

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13266 on: January 31, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »
ResetEra is such a Nintendo cock sucking fourm. Don't ban people constantly bringing up the Switch in Monster Hunter threads. Ban people annoyed with it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:46:16 PM by Rahxephon91 »

« Reply #13267 on: January 31, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »

To be fair, it was probably the same asshole who predicted the same thing for Obama because "OMG Amerikkka is so racist!!"

If I remember correctly Obama was given secret service protection earlier than usual in response to an escalation in threats he received. 

You're gonna get assasination attempts regardless who the president is, but let's not pretend there wasn't reason to be a little more concerned with the safety of the first black+muslim+Kenyan+terrorist president.

machine

« Reply #13268 on: January 31, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought, it figures

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #13269 on: January 31, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #13270 on: January 31, 2018, 01:53:12 PM »

No, this dude sounded hopeful. I didn't see a mod warning at the time.

« Reply #13271 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:39 PM »

She did an update that starts out like a resettler horror story:

An old friend sends you a Facebook request
You only find out they’re racist after you accept
 :hulk

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13272 on: January 31, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »

Oh my god this is incredible, they just keep going

Bore forum software voted the greatest 2018
Uncle

Clockwork5

« Reply #13273 on: January 31, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
A quick update from the GOP Train-wreck thread.

Why are there only like 4 warnings and a bunch of not so subtle hot takes left alone? Go all in or not at all with the moderation, jeez.

Because they understand the humor of the situation. smh

What is humorous?

There is no humor in this situation. Just tastelessness and a tragic story

So the mod is both saying that there is humor in the situation and that it's not okay to make jokes. So weird

It's comments from mods like that that make the people who literally wishes harm and possible death to these people feel validated in what they're saying

That statement from Sweet Nicky didn't go over too well, who would have known?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3995467/

And then there is this gem

You know what? This was a conscious attempt at assassination. I am sure of it. They will try again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:29:34 PM by Clockwork5 »

agrajag

« Reply #13274 on: January 31, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »
Whichever mod posted that humor in the situation comment needs to lose his "job." Shostakovich died for less  :bolo

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13275 on: January 31, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
To be fair, back in MY day, such a thing in GAF would be full of really dark jokes.

Of course, back in those days GAF didn't pretend to be a safe space for anyone.
que

Raist

« Reply #13276 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
At the time the original mod post was posted, reports had indicated that there were no serious casualties, as seen in the Tweet in the OP. Obviously there is absolutely nothing funny about someone dying. This is an unfortunate tragedy and the original statement was careless and rushed. No mixed message was intended -- we did not want people cracking jokes about this period and took mod action accordingly. Sorry for the mistake. I hope that clarifies things. Thanks.

I mean other than the reports of injuries and one death at least half an hour before that "original mod post", which were even in that very thread, sure, yeah, nothing to see there :lol  :lol :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #13277 on: January 31, 2018, 03:01:36 PM »
I do doubt they knew someone died, but it was posted in the thread a half hour before the "this is humorous" mod post.

Pretty sure she should have read some of that thread past posts given that the whole point of her post was "control yourselfs".

agrajag

« Reply #13278 on: January 31, 2018, 03:03:53 PM »
I don't see a problem making jokes at the GOP's expense, puns equating them to garbage, etc. But that's all it is, making a pun about someone you don't like. That's not "finding the humor in the situation," there isn't any to be found. Yeah, that's a pretty big gaffe by Sweet Nicole.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13279 on: January 31, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
Come on guys. Are we really going to act all high and mighty HERE?

Fine, I'll start

Gee, will you look at that? It's not often that garbage kills garbage. AMIRITE?

Yes, this is a sewer. But it's OUR sewer damnit!
que

FStop7

« Reply #13280 on: January 31, 2018, 03:05:04 PM »
She misread it as "trans accident" not "train accident"

agrajag

« Reply #13281 on: January 31, 2018, 03:07:27 PM »
I would have posted "like attracts like"  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #13282 on: January 31, 2018, 03:10:28 PM »
I kind of want Black Panther to completely, totally bomb just to watch the Reeetards lose their minds. It'll be like a little slice of election night all over again, except this time we can watch them twist and stretch logic and explain how the Chinese box office will save the film a few weeks later.

Like a pregnant cat, Black Panther bombing would be the gift that keeps on giving.

Why? An almost all black cast? In a major comic book movie? Why in the fuck would you want something like that to fail just to sought a few dozen people at best? Seems petty as fuck.

While I agree with you...

I’ve only seen the trailers but I’ve enjoyed it far more than The Last Jedi.
And considering how great that was, that says something.

Can't wait to see this.

Is kind of hard to not see this in ERA like corporate cheerleading than being happy about a black superhero film.

Jansen

« Reply #13283 on: January 31, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3997705/

User was banned (2 weeks): trolling another user because he was too impatient to wait for the moderators to review a report he made.

All these reporting bitches

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #13284 on: January 31, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
At the time the original mod post was posted, reports had indicated that there were no serious casualties, as seen in the Tweet in the OP. Obviously there is absolutely nothing funny about someone dying. This is an unfortunate tragedy and the original statement was careless and rushed. No mixed message was intended -- we did not want people cracking jokes about this period and took mod action accordingly. Sorry for the mistake. I hope that clarifies things. Thanks.

I mean other than the reports of injuries and one death at least half an hour before that "original mod post", which were even in that very thread, sure, yeah, nothing to see there :lol  :lol :lol

"We only made jokes before we knew there were injuries" wtf do these guys think is gonna happen when a train drives into a truck? I'm all for dark humor but at least own up to that shit and don't pretend you're on some high horse

Himu

« Reply #13285 on: January 31, 2018, 03:16:40 PM »
I kind of want Black Panther to completely, totally bomb just to watch the Reeetards lose their minds. It'll be like a little slice of election night all over again, except this time we can watch them twist and stretch logic and explain how the Chinese box office will save the film a few weeks later.

Like a pregnant cat, Black Panther bombing would be the gift that keeps on giving.

Why? An almost all black cast? In a major comic book movie? Why in the fuck would you want something like that to fail just to sought a few dozen people at best? Seems petty as fuck.

While I agree with you...

I’ve only seen the trailers but I’ve enjoyed it far more than The Last Jedi.
And considering how great that was, that says something.

Can't wait to see this.

Is kind of hard to not see this in ERA like corporate cheerleading than being happy about a black superhero film.

They’re self identified nerds. Nerds are corporate knob slobberers whose existence is owed by wanton consumption. Just shit on nerd “culture” like everyone else.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13286 on: January 31, 2018, 03:17:35 PM »
Wonton consumption :mouf
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13287 on: January 31, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
RE is sooo bad. Jesus.  :lol

I can't believe most people enjoy posting there except for a small minority of posters that get high off their own preachiness/virtue signaling.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13288 on: January 31, 2018, 03:19:28 PM »
Tell me about it. Must be insufferable posting on a forum where it's just a bunch of people thinking they're smarter/better than everyone else. I mean, can you imagine? :hitler
que

Himu

« Reply #13289 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »
Also let’s admit it. The Last Jedi sucked.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #13290 on: January 31, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »
Also let’s admit it. The Last Jedi sucked less than The Forcd Awakens

ftfy

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13291 on: January 31, 2018, 03:24:01 PM »
Tell me about it. Must be insufferable posting on a forum where it's just a bunch of people thinking they're smarter/better than everyone else. I mean, can you imagine? :hitler
:huh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:trigger
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13292 on: January 31, 2018, 03:24:34 PM »
Anyone other than 'lil bobby really think it doesn't? The argument is about the amount of suck. Not as to whether or not it did or didn't.
que

Himu

« Reply #13293 on: January 31, 2018, 03:26:19 PM »
To be fair, sucking can be fun! Especially if it’s all in your mouth and drool is falling onto your knees. Tee hee!!
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13294 on: January 31, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
Also let’s admit it. The Last Jedi sucked.
Luke deserved way better.

Like the old EU stuff was awful and mostly trash, but at least the hero went on to have further adventures, kicked ass, explored new territory, beat new bad guys.  He didn't hermit up with puffins and then die from casting a spell that used up all his magic points.
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #13295 on: January 31, 2018, 03:30:12 PM »
I thought that Finn would make a better lead than Rey. At least I think you could go to other more interesting places than what JJ was aiming with Rey.

Jansen

« Reply #13296 on: January 31, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »
ResetEra is such a Nintendo cock sucking fourm. Don't ban people constantly bringing up the Switch in Monster Hunter threads. Ban people annoyed with it.

Yeah and the little ninfeggits have a thread to hide in (switch comments from the developer). At least the game is selling well and the like nthings are shook.

« Reply #13297 on: January 31, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
To be fair, back in MY day, such a thing in GAF would be full of really dark jokes.

Of course, back in those days GAF didn't pretend to be a safe space for anyone.

Yeah, I'd expect some jokes here.  Probably even funny ones.  I'm all for dark humor.

Resetera's mods would ban/warn the crap out of those same posts in most other situations.
The people posting non-jokes hoping for GOP casualties probably want to go punch those nazis for having the nerve to survive the trainwreck. 

Speaking of trainwreck - how about that Sweet Nicole.
 :trash

Himu

« Reply #13298 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »
As much as I think the Nintendo fans behavior is suspect, it’s really funny seeing console feggits get their panties twisted in a bunch regarding a series they either actively ignored because it was portable, thought was bad because it was portable, was bad because git gud. Seeing some little snot nosed shrimp of a console warrior get triggered about the N fans when he’s playing babbies first Monster Hunter, a series he either ignored or shat on until now, is real fucking rich. :doge  And then when Capcom makes an MH for Switch because theres no way they’ll leave that Japanese handheld MH money on the table I’m looking forward to the brand new MH fans whose first cherry pop was World system port begging and the cycle will be complete.

TLDR fuck gamers
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13299 on: January 31, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »
As much as I think the Nintendo fans behavior is suspect, it’s really funny seeing console feggits get their panties twisted in a bunch regarding a series they either actively ignored because it was portable, was bad because it was portable, was bad because git gud. Seeing some little pink nosed shrimp or a console warrior get triggered about the N fans when he’s plwying babbies first Monster Hunter, a series he either ignored or shat on until now, is real fucking rich. :doge  And then when Capcom makes an MH for Switch because theres no way they’ll leave that Japanese handheld MH money on the table I’m looking forward to the brand new MH fans whose first cherry pop was World system port begging and the cycle will be complete.

TLDR fuck gamers

They actually already did, and refused to localize it outside Japan.  And the work was mostly done for them already, game was already mostly localized previously (I think it's a content enhanced up-port of a 3DS game that did come to the US).  I think Switch fans are justified complaining about that, real shit situation.  There was no reason not to bring it over, they would've made money hand over fist.
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #13300 on: January 31, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »
No one playing world is gonna give a fuck about whatever scrapes switch will get. It's when the sequel to world bombs on ps5 or whatever that will bring true hilarity. :heh

Boredfrom

« Reply #13301 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
I dunno, Nintendrones really took MH for granted for years even when it was known it was partialy moneyhated by Nintendo to be in portable in the first place. The franchise started as a console game to begin with.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13302 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:11 PM »
I dunno, Nintendrones really took MH for granted for years even when it was known it was partialy moneyhated by Nintendo to be in portable in the first place. The franchise started as a console game to begin with.
It went to PSP ages before it showed up on 3DS.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #13303 on: January 31, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
Also all these people playing Japanese games now.

If I weren’t banned on Era I would make a thread calling out anyone who said Japanese games were trash a decade ago. :doge That entire turn around is funny. :lol Where’s those quotes about Japanese games sucking from jonathon blow and Phil fish? :lol Meanwhile everyone has finally come to the realization that Bioware and Bethesda are trash. :sabu :aah where’s your God now?
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #13304 on: January 31, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »

And then they didn’t bother to port to Vita even when it could have made okey money in Japan.

The game was Moneyhated, dude.

Himu

« Reply #13305 on: January 31, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
The best is, these Japanese games are the same shit they’ve been doing. Monster Hunter is Monster Hunter. Yakuza is Yakuza. Persona is Persona. Losing your shit over games that have been the same since the ps2. Claiming how “unique” and “fresh” they are when last gen Japanese games were considered “dead”. But I thought you played games, gamer? Just admit that what you really play are trends.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13306 on: January 31, 2018, 03:56:57 PM »

And then they didn’t bother to port to Vita even when it could have made okey money in Japan.

Not to be portable in the first place.

You could argue it was paid for to go to 3DS instead of Vita, except Vita was dead in the water practically everywhere out of the gate.  Plus the 3DS wasn't a big leap over PSP so it was minimal effort to port it compared to Vita, where people would complain that it wasn't pushing the system.

Kind of a different situation when the Switch sells like crazy and you refuse to localize something already half-localized to sell to an audience of 5 million.  THAT's moneyhatting.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #13307 on: January 31, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
Isn't MHW so popular because they copied many Western tropes?

Like.. sort of makes Jonathon Blow's point for him..

What tropes?
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #13308 on: January 31, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »
Sweetnicole stealth editing her last post in the GOP train thread :dead

At the time the original mod post was drafted

Original was:

At the time the original mod post was posted

Jansen

« Reply #13309 on: January 31, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
No one wants to admit to playing weeb games because of the shite NISA, tecmo, and idea factory put out.

Boredfrom

« Reply #13310 on: January 31, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »

Not to be portable in the first place.

You could argue it was paid for to go to 3DS instead of Vita, except Vita was dead in the water practically everywhere out of the gate. Plus the 3DS wasn't a big leap over PSP so it was minimal effort to port it compared to Vita, where people would complain that it wasn't pushing the system.

Kind of a different situation when the Switch sells like crazy and you refuse to localize something already half-localized to sell to an audience of 5 million.  THAT's moneyhatting.

Monster Hunter clones sold okay, I imagine there was money to be made in Japan where Vita was not totally dead. People bought enchaced ports of PSP games like God Eater, so I doubt Capcom would have cared if it was on them.

I dont disagree with you guys that the Switch should get their MH localized, but the franchise has a history of being moneyhated.

Himu

« Reply #13311 on: January 31, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
IDK what that means but do you think 5 million people read those interview much less had an interest in them? I played the demo, and it was Monster Hunter. Babbies first MH, but MH nonetheless. It doesn't prove Jonathon Blow's point about anything. It was Monster Hunter.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #13312 on: January 31, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
Isn't MHW so popular because they copied many Western tropes?

Like.. sort of makes Jonathon Blow's point for him..

For what I heard, the core game is intact and pretty much still MH. The streamlinead stuff has more to do with small stuff.

Himu

« Reply #13313 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »
Yeah, it's shit like you don't have to hunt your  mark. In old MH, you didn't get a fucking lazy ass thing that automatically told you where the monster was. You had to actually "hunt" it by finding its location by yourself and then you had to mark it with paint so it'd show up on your map. MHW not only gives you hints on where the monster is, it gives you a literal trail via the bugs and auto maps the monster on the map for you without effort.

If dumbing down means "appeal to western audiences" then lol. Because what I played of MHW beta, besides all of that, was identifably MH. So I'm not getting what your point is.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #13314 on: January 31, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
It's not babies first MH. You are being trolled.

daycru

« Reply #13315 on: January 31, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
RE are such little bitches and the GOP train deal perfectly illustrate how they have no ideology. If the GOP are a bunch of Nazis, and I agree 100% they are, it should be good that some of them possibly died. You should root for it, own your hate. It doesn't make sense to demonize people and then "thoughts and prayers" them.

Himu

« Reply #13316 on: January 31, 2018, 04:15:53 PM »
Yeah, it's shit like you don't have to hunt your  mark. In old MH, you didn't get a fucking lazy ass thing that automatically told you where the monster was. You had to actually "hunt" it by finding its location by yourself and then you had to mark it with paint so it'd show up on your map. MHW not only gives you hints on where the monster is, it gives you a literal trail via the bugs and auto maps the monster on the map for you without effort.

If dumbing down means "appeal to western audiences" then lol. Because what I played of MHW beta, besides all of that, was identifably MH. So I'm not getting what your point is.

Those are the type of traits common to Japanese games that people have been saying for years they need to change to appeal to a wider audience.

From what I've heard and read, MHW doesn't really do much to appeal to a wider audience. The people in our MHW thread are confused on how multi works and that the multi UI needs work so no, sounds like a Japanese game.

In any case, it's interesting you took only one example from my games list, that being MH.  The point is that for years people said Japanese were shit. Japan was over. Now they're cumming over Japanese games many of which still have many Japan-isms and are (for the most part) the same thing they've been over the past decade.

It's like you're trying your best to ignore my entire fucking point, but that tends to be your MO so I'm not really surprised.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13317 on: January 31, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »
You only took one example and used it as a strawman because...Riotous.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13318 on: January 31, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
It's a stramwan because you picked one game, and used only one guy to prove an example, when I listed multiple games and two guys. One of whom is famous for saying,"your games suck" to Japanese game developers you complete fucking moron.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13319 on: January 31, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
It's a stramwan because you picked one game, and used only one guy to prove an example, when I listed multiple games and two guys. One of whom is famous for saying,"your games suck" to Japanese game developers you complete fucking moron.

Note: this would get me banned on both gaf and reset.

IYKYK