Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174611 times)

Sman

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13860 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »
There’s a Cabin in the Woods thread on the front page posted last night with 6 replies.

RIP Lore.
He has managed to stop the bleeding, though. For awhile, resetera was getting 70 - 80 times more posts than GAF. That's down to 30 - 40 times more posts.

Alexa rankings are stabilizing now too.

(Image removed from quote.)

Finally upgrading the forum software, backing off on the nazi moderation, opening the registration floodgates, and making himself appear to be the victim will probably make this work. resetera's making the same mistakes gaf did, so they're giving Lore a chance to salvage the wreck when they really should be stepping on his throat.

It was still a collosal fuck up that's going to cost him a lot of money, though.

For better or for worse, NeoGAF still has better name recognition and despite account suicides, NeoGAF still has thousands of dormant user accounts. Resetera just needs to mess up somehow (server down, major hack, showergate-like event) and a large portion of that audience can come back fairly quickly.

Evilore had a cash cow for years and with a bit of luck and a steady hand, he could get part of it back. He just needs to be there when that moment arrives (big if, I know). What are his job prospects anyway? I don't blame Evilore for trying. I just hope he was smart enough to save all that ad revenue from years before and not waste it on mushrooms and Turkish gangsters.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13862 on: February 04, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-independent-i-agree-the-hijab-should-be-banned-for-very-young-girls-in-primary-schools.21028/

This sparked controversy in the Ofcom schools topic. We're talking about primary school children here, before any men enter the topic to tell everyone about choices. Try and read the article.

You can go and check who the author is as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shappi_Khorsandi

https://twitter.com/ShappiKhorsandi

The article isn't written by a man.

The fuck does this have to do with the topic :lol

Anyway, with such a stellar OP, should be a good read.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13863 on: February 04, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
From 2016
Cerium got banned for trolling some Euro politics thread. Dude should register here. One of the few PoliGAF bright spots.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #13864 on: February 04, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »
They lock because they don't want to deal with reports streaming in from the thread.
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #13865 on: February 04, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »
Whatever did happen to Glenn? Did Maggie finally kill him? :doge

FStop7

« Reply #13866 on: February 04, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »
Fiction, you got fucked over by two different GAF mods and now you’re fully embracing their style?  That is some weak shit.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4144642/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13867 on: February 04, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-dumb-thread-but-miitomos-newest-hat-reminds-me-of-those-worn-by-trump-supporters.21124/
 :trumps

From that other thread
Thread will remain closed as there does not appear to be much left to salvage. The discussion got off to a bad start, and we believe that we as a staff should have done more to prevent escalation. All infractions have been reviewed.
You are moderating a video game message board wth a pop culture off-topic section
 :doge :doge :doge
🤴

Bore Expert

« Reply #13868 on: February 04, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »
Reset needs a reset.  :whatisthis

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #13869 on: February 04, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »
Fiction, you got fucked over by two different GAF mods and now you’re fully embracing their style?  That is some weak shit.

I don't get people who make generalisations and than get mad if someone thinks they're being adressed. Resetera posters are garbage. (Don't be offended, I didn't mean you)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13870 on: February 04, 2018, 07:32:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/subnauticas-sound-designer-is-apparently-racist-and-transphobic.21140/page-2#post-4156584

This thread is going exactly as I expected. Just by explaining the differences in culture and social issues I get dog piled.
 :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

Poland is xenophobic guys, who knew.

Maybe the fact that they have in total about 3 black people living there reluctantly might've given a hint.
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #13871 on: February 04, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/subnauticas-sound-designer-is-apparently-racist-and-transphobic.21140/page-2#post-4156584

This thread is going exactly as I expected. Just by explaining the differences in culture and social issues I get dog piled.

Maybe the fact that they have in total about 3 black people living there reluctantly might've given a hint.

Looks like someone is paying 40 bucks a year.
sigh

Cravy

« Reply #13872 on: February 04, 2018, 07:38:32 PM »
They lock because they don't want to deal with reports streaming in from the thread.

Lol.

Cerium is a smart dude. Why's he letting Resetera turn into dogshit?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13873 on: February 04, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like someone is paying 40 bucks a year.
he gets karma points for saying the developer is scum and a terrible excuse for a human being and should be send to the gulags

Lol.

Because if he doesn't his creation will turn against him.

He needs to do a night of the long knifes with a new mod team after he gets the old mods to sign NDA's.
Otherwise ResetEra will implode just like NeoGAF did.

Contact me C, we can end this madness.

Welp I'm permed now from the Soviet Republic of ResetEra.
After all you can't say there's a difference in societies and a country being locked away from the western world up until '89 might have some lasting damage.

Of all the things I could be banned for this was really the dumbest. Thank you Finale Fireworker for proving my point that ResetEra is a garbage tier website.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:49:21 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #13874 on: February 04, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
Batman #666 :rejoice :preach

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Morrison :nope

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Morrison when he's writing Batman and not referencing shit no one cares about from 50 years ago :ohyeah
[close]
[close]

:pacspit :pacspit :pacspit

Bananas

« Reply #13875 on: February 04, 2018, 08:11:01 PM »
Why did God make me a cheeseburger and have me a part of such insane people? Pride my foot.

There are distinguished mentally-challenged fellows for everyone group of people, who gives a shit. By your logic straight dudes should feel even worse since by % they have more people saying horseshit.

zepblackstar

« Reply #13876 on: February 04, 2018, 08:11:15 PM »
resetera is the catch basin for all the crazy stupid of GAF and so far they have failed in making the site anything but a bunch of crazies trying to out woke one another.

shosta

« Reply #13877 on: February 04, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »
Sigh. I want to disagree but then I remember these past few years and the types of hateful individuals that make up a large segment of this hobby. Well, for however little it counts they will not be getting my money.
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #13878 on: February 04, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »
The excessive warnings, thread locks and mod decrees (that often contradict one another) are just accelerating the half life of the forum. Lol @ “fresh start”... come on did anyone believe that.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Bore Expert

« Reply #13879 on: February 04, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »
Beseda is probably watching reeeset unravel, calm and resolved from a thousand deep fried Twinkies

shosta

« Reply #13880 on: February 04, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »
After all you can't say there's a difference in societies and a country being locked away from the western world up until '89 might have some lasting damage.

Of all the things I could be banned for this was really the dumbest. Thank you Finale Fireworker for proving my point that ResetEra is a garbage tier website.
Carepost incoming. I don't especially gripe about resetera anymore (this thread is just for fun), but I felt that familiar queasiness again when I saw you had been banned for what amounts to a benign historical analysis. In fact I thought your posts were the most interesting in the whole thread (a low bar, to be sure). The best contributions to discussions are the ones that challenge us and our preconceptions. We learn and grow through trial and error. Imagine a world where no one is allowed to be wrong, forever. No one would take any risks. If financial risk leads to economic innovation, naturally intellectual risk leads to intellectual innovation.

The people I've valued interacting with the most aren't always the ones I agree with. Usually disgaree with them. But what's valuable about a discussion between two differing minds is what I come away with (as an observer or a participant): it helps me refine and understand my own beliefs which I might have taken for granted before; it helps me discover the ways in which I might have wrong, letting me take another step on that endless road of self-improvement; and in rare moments of victory, I might change someone else's mind.

The inability to handle reading even the most innocuous deviations from one's worldview isn't the worst kind of immaturity, but it's probably the most annoying.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #13881 on: February 04, 2018, 09:15:32 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4144512/

Edit: Upon review the comment in question has been warned. The original mod post remains below for context and transparency.
Please stop using this thread to discuss a single comment and attempt to turn it into a completely off-topic discussion. This is not the thread for that. A comment made in frustration is simply that. The poster was not saying all men are garbage, but was simply stating this stuff have been going on for a long time, and it's finally coming to light now that people are listening. Get back on topic and stay there or further moderation will be necessary.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4145704/

This is final warning. If the mod post is still ignored after this, this thread will be closed.

era mod team:

agrajag

« Reply #13882 on: February 04, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »
Has Cindy changed her tune about ERA yet? It seems worse than GAF ever was.

Himu

« Reply #13883 on: February 04, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »

With Era staff reading I don’t want to express my opinion :doge
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #13884 on: February 04, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »

With Era staff reading I don’t want to express my opinion :doge

If they ban for off site activity, they're no better than besada and co.  :hitler

shosta

« Reply #13885 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:56 PM »
Just say whatever the fuck you want, dumbass.
EDIT: The only two people we ever banned for off-site behavior were:
1) HIVE, who is coicindentally probably the only person to have ever had his posts nuked by Demi on this site and
2) Gigan, who you'll all remember was the one who got Phoenix Dark permabanned from NeoGAF.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:43:29 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13886 on: February 04, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
Perm all the current mods and anyone with a Resettlement Advisor tag and you could probably salvage the place.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13887 on: February 04, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »
Mod former pedophile Dennis like neogaf poster Amir0x.

:thinking

clothedmacuser

« Reply #13888 on: February 04, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »

he gets karma points for saying the developer is scum and a terrible excuse for a human being and should be send to the gulags

Lol.

Because if he doesn't his creation will turn against him.

He needs to do a night of the long knifes with a new mod team after he gets the old mods to sign NDA's.
Otherwise ResetEra will implode just like NeoGAF did.

Contact me C, we can end this madness.

Well, link us to your Red Badge of Courage.
sigh

Himu

« Reply #13889 on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »
Just say whatever the fuck you want, dumbass.
EDIT: The only two people we ever banned for off-site behavior were:
1) HIVE, who is coicindentally probably the only person to have ever had his posts nuked by Demi on this site and
2) Gigan, who you'll all remember was the one who got Phoenix Dark permabanned from NeoGAF.

Ok then.

Gotta say the site is kinda bad but I thought gaf was bad too. I would suggest only posting in communities, no different than gaf. The good news is that unlike gaf which was anti-community (NegroGaf never forget) Era is at least pro-community. I really like some of their ideas, like the community showcase. And unlike gaf they don’t seem to be about killing entire communities or strong arming them with a pervasive animosity for daring to not post on the main forum and having our own communities within an community. EviLore hated community threads because a lot of us would just stick to that one thread. Sticking to one thread meant less clicks overall, which meant less money feeding his sexual harassment habit. Gaf was trash for that. Killing my NegroGaf thread because “we try to be inclusive here rather than exclusive” told me all I needed to know about that site and how it viewed its users. Era so far has avoided this and embraced communities. So for that alone I still put it above gaf because of the community focus. It tells you that - for better or worse - the site cares about its users.

Unfortunately, as far as positive comments, that is about as best as I can say. I have so far accrued two bans because of misunderstandings with my posts naturally assumed to be as nasty as possible. It feels like the staff is on a purge to keep a baseline status quo on certain issues. I feel an inability to express myself even without the actual act of calling people names. Its users have taken posts I have said off site to steer discussions in ways they see fit. The actual discussions are kind of boring and, my Chrono Cross thread aside, I haven’t really enjoyed the discussion of any thread I’ve had there. I consider it a lost cause and have no further interest besides the occasional post about fighting games and One Piece - again, community.

I kind of think it’s a massive circlejerk with staff that aren’t nearly as open as they think. The forum has a lot of good intentions though, and that’s felt in certain areas I discussed above. But as someone who doesn’t really follow much less play video games anymore (besides arcade and fighting games of course) combined with the fact there’s elements of my politics that don’t gel with the majority (Christian, pro-life, being trans is a medical condition, pro-gun, women’s march is trash, blm is trash, anti-sjw;etc) the site is kind of wasted on someone like me and Discord serves me better. Reset staff doesn’t have to clean up after me and I don’t have to self censor while being accused of abusing people. Win-win.

I just don’t know where to talk about games. Like I said in the past, I like writing about games sometimes.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #13890 on: February 04, 2018, 11:35:21 PM »
Communities are good, but it's not just anti-Community that hurts them. If the site's larger community gets too far down the loony bin, then by sheer social pressure and inertia, the community will bend knee to the hive mind. NBA-Gaf left GAF, but ultimately fell prey to the group think anyways.

It's hard to have any loose, chill community when you have that nuthouse as the forum default.

Himu

« Reply #13891 on: February 04, 2018, 11:42:13 PM »
This ban I’ve been just going to reddit and discord. You get everything from Era and better on Reddit. :idont
IYKYK

clothedmacuser

« Reply #13892 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »
What about how boring it is?  Don't you miss the wild, unhinged rants by the crazies and leftists.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #13893 on: February 05, 2018, 12:03:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4168661/

To sell to racists who will watch this ad, immediately realize black people will find it extremely tasteless, and then make sure to make a Dodge vehicle their next purchase just to spite those "fucking n-words and goddamn pussy liberals" and act like they're sticking one to them by buying the thing. The racist thought process is not that complex or nuanced, and very easy to exploit by putting stuff out there just like this ad. The MLK card in particular is like candy for them. Especially with bonus points for their not actually being anything explicitly racist being said in the ad or anything, giving them the perfect smokescreen to hide behind.

You definitely don't make an ad like this to actually sell Dodges to black people or anything, since if the original idea wasn't dead on it's face just due to common sense, focus testing with black audiences would have killed it deader than dead (and you don't blow the money on a Super Bowl ad without at least some level of testing). Nah, they know full well who they're marketing this shit towards, and it sure as hell ain't blacks.

And unfortunately, since racists are in anything but short supply, even with the outrage something like this will generate, it's nonetheless probably a smart move from a marketing perspective among their target audiences for this ad.

:hans1 :hans1 :hans1 out of 5
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #13894 on: February 05, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
Oh, there's plenty of crazies on reddit.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13895 on: February 05, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »
There's only one etiolate and he posts exclusively her at thebore.com  :rejoice

etiolate

« Reply #13896 on: February 05, 2018, 12:20:09 AM »
If you just look outside of the ten Trump threads that show up every day and that Trans issues show up in every thread for no god damned reason then you'll see that Resetera is just fine, just fine! Nothing to see here folks. There's plenty of chill communities where you can post about a topic as long as you observe the forbidden zone.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13897 on: February 05, 2018, 12:26:06 AM »
I dont think ResetEra will implode, the people that actually wanted the worst parts of neogaf ended up there and they're getting exactly what they want. I dont think the site will grow much though, reasonable people will likely gravitate away from there (hey neogaf is looking like a better option again lol) and it will probably fizzle out in the next 5 - 10 as outrage culture, trump posting and anti-science shrieking drops from peak 2017 levels. Also a lot of those dudes need to age into maturity still.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13898 on: February 05, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »
I'm there every day, usually post in a few threads.. avoid politics almost entirely yet it's still one of my main social media sties.
How do you do this when even a random gaming thread about sonic the hedgehog eventually flips into a furry rights thread?  :thinking

Himu

« Reply #13899 on: February 05, 2018, 12:34:59 AM »
I'm there every day, usually post in a few threads.. avoid politics almost entirely yet it's still one of my main social media sties.
How do you do this when even a random gaming thread about sonic the hedgehog eventually flips into a furry rights thread?  :thinking

This is what you get for going into a Sonic thread. Sonic is trash.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13900 on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:31 AM »
fuck you, i like sonic  :goldberg

etiolate

« Reply #13901 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:53 AM »

Here:
https://www.resetera.com/forums/etcetera.9/?order=reply_count

Yes, you'll see a handful of political threads mixed in, but the vast majority of posts are outside of any thread like that.  That's even ignoring that Hangouts is mostly non-political and has threads that are even more active.

You get what you want out of any given site; you guys want tto REEE about REEEing so you spend your time focused on threads full of REEEing.

*looks at list*

Star Wars threads, full of people that think people dislike Rogue one or TLJ because it had wiminz and colored folk.

An NFL thread where saying the Kneeling protest was coutner productive would probably get you banned. And where there's suddenly people whining about Huckabee in the Super Bowl thread. Also Brady is white supremacy for some reason.

Marvel threads where Black Panther is going to ruin White Supremicist Merrikuh

And then a ton of political threads.

You cannot escape the inertia of the prolific might of shit-for-brains.

agrajag

« Reply #13902 on: February 05, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
reset era is the worst of the pre-shower GAF distilled and in concentrated form

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #13903 on: February 05, 2018, 01:28:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/members/sami.2692/

Jesus Christ, every time I see this poster's avatar, I imagine it's what the picture would be under the "punchable" entry in a dictionary.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13904 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
Glass houses Pepinappe

Also:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4155943/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4156584/

I think Nintex wins the award for least ban-worthy permaban in resetera history.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #13905 on: February 05, 2018, 02:03:48 AM »
Their go-to reason seems to be "history of..."

I wonder why they haven't banned Lime yet for "history of teleportation across the globe, ban-baiting people along the way."

« Reply #13906 on: February 05, 2018, 02:07:44 AM »
I agree that Era probably won't see much growth in userbase, but it doesn't really need to grow view-wise.  It already has a ridiculously good Alexa rating that would keep it alive and then some were this the early days of internet monetiziation.  People are using it as a gaming news hub just as they did for Gaf, which is a ton of traffic.

But monetization is the problem here.  People use adblock on the internet, especially tech-related enthusiasts which gaming consists of.  Now there's probably a subset of people "loyal" to the community that they're cool with whitelisting it for Era and clicking an ad every once in a while, but there's likely not enough and even if there were, ad rates are abysmal right now.  So that leaves the subscription service.  Are there enough people paying $40 a year to keep Era afloat?  Who the hell knows other than Cerium.  I'd like to say no, but just a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the userbase would be all it takes.

That being said, Gaf is still up despite a massive decrease in both users and views, and it has been for a few months now.  Evilore was complaining about ad rates at one point and made it seem as if Gaf would end if things didn't change.  So what does it still being up mean?  Is it now operating at a loss and Tyler is reaching into his savings to keep it running?  Is he still making a profit even if it isn't enough to live off of on its own?  Maybe the servers don't need to be maintained as much with the lower userbase, thus making it more cost-effective?

So since Era seems to be a passion project, would Cerium actually let it die if it wasn't making enough money?  They were in the red for the first few months, but it didn't seem like they cared too much.  Perhaps paying out of pocket to keep it running even with a shrinking base wouldn't be out there depending on how much Cerium makes outside of Era.  Maybe someone here could shed some light on how much it actually costs to run a forum of that size.

So an implosion happening is pretty much reliant on Cerium being a dumbfuck that gets swept up in a controversy of some sort.  I don't really see that happening, so instead we'll probably just be treated to a downward trend of users getting sick of the strict climate and migrating over to other platforms like Reddit and Discord.  Just a boring slow death more than anything else.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #13907 on: February 05, 2018, 02:15:33 AM »
the "history of"  or "repeated" or "continuous" is statist assholism.  Just say Multiple, On-going, several, history of, replication, and you can ban anyone for as long as you want. 
sigh

venereology

« Reply #13908 on: February 05, 2018, 02:33:17 AM »
Games to Boycott |OT|

Hot Slice

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #13910 on: February 05, 2018, 02:37:58 AM »
Fur shit  :nope

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #13911 on: February 05, 2018, 02:40:58 AM »
serge

Hot Slice

« Reply #13912 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:23 AM »
On second thought, delete THAT!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13913 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:32 AM »
 :goldberg :mjcry :foxx

Hot Slice

« Reply #13914 on: February 05, 2018, 03:17:06 AM »
Are we really doing this? Are we really doing this?

wsippel

« Reply #13915 on: February 05, 2018, 03:24:22 AM »
Ok then.

Gotta say the site is kinda bad but I thought gaf was bad too. I would suggest only posting in communities, no different than gaf. The good news is that unlike gaf which was anti-community (NegroGaf never forget) Era is at least pro-community. I really like some of their ideas, like the community showcase. And unlike gaf they don’t seem to be about killing entire communities or strong arming them with a pervasive animosity for daring to not post on the main forum and having our own communities within an community. EviLore hated community threads because a lot of us would just stick to that one thread. Sticking to one thread meant less clicks overall, which meant less money feeding his sexual harassment habit. Gaf was trash for that. Killing my NegroGaf thread because “we try to be inclusive here rather than exclusive” told me all I needed to know about that site and how it viewed its users. Era so far has avoided this and embraced communities. So for that alone I still put it above gaf because of the community focus. It tells you that - for better or worse - the site cares about its users.

Unfortunately, as far as positive comments, that is about as best as I can say. I have so far accrued two bans because of misunderstandings with my posts naturally assumed to be as nasty as possible. It feels like the staff is on a purge to keep a baseline status quo on certain issues. I feel an inability to express myself even without the actual act of calling people names. Its users have taken posts I have said off site to steer discussions in ways they see fit. The actual discussions are kind of boring and, my Chrono Cross thread aside, I haven’t really enjoyed the discussion of any thread I’ve had there. I consider it a lost cause and have no further interest besides the occasional post about fighting games and One Piece - again, community.

I kind of think it’s a massive circlejerk with staff that aren’t nearly as open as they think. The forum has a lot of good intentions though, and that’s felt in certain areas I discussed above. But as someone who doesn’t really follow much less play video games anymore (besides arcade and fighting games of course) combined with the fact there’s elements of my politics that don’t gel with the majority (Christian, pro-life, being trans is a medical condition, pro-gun, women’s march is trash, blm is trash, anti-Social Studies Warrior;etc) the site is kind of wasted on someone like me and Discord serves me better. Reset staff doesn’t have to clean up after me and I don’t have to self censor while being accused of abusing people. Win-win.

I just don’t know where to talk about games. Like I said in the past, I like writing about games sometimes.

What else would it be? There's strong evidence it's genetic, studies have shown that transwomen actually have "female" brains. Testosterone influences brain development at a very young age, the sexual dimorphism is evident in brain scans of one month old infants. There's a genetic anomaly that prevents testosterone influence on brain development, that seems to be a common/ the main cause for transsexuality in biological males. Which also means you have as much in common with other transsexuals as I have with other blue eyed people: Very little. It's not a mind set, philosophy or a lifestyle. And I personally believe accepting dry scientific data over feels would ultimately improve acceptance and make things a lot easier for everybody involved.

But now that I think about it, Reseterea probably wouldn't accept the fact that there are "male" and "female" brains in the first place, especially since the dimorphism isn't caused by society or the patriarchy or some shit.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #13916 on: February 05, 2018, 04:02:22 AM »
You should be glad I picked a less clinical page. He REALLY gets into anatomy.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13917 on: February 05, 2018, 04:06:46 AM »
Their go-to reason seems to be "history of..."

"History of non-inflammatory, good-faith posts that mods don't want to see"

Aegis.exe

« Reply #13918 on: February 05, 2018, 04:08:24 AM »
The main things keeping me off reset is the insane mod turnover + rules issues, that shit with there being far too much hardline left politicization of everything, and the stuff surrounding its creation and how they went about it. Just seems like every week "that guy who's avatar you recognize from long OT posts" is now a mod and next week they're not. Doesn't exactly give me confidence in the community being handled well. The Great Discord Crisis of 2017 and the amount of people and communities they were willing to throw under the bus still makes me pretty distrustful of their whole operation.

I don't really see anybody from there actually taking time to talk about any of this stuff. I might actually check them out if they did, but everything still feels so stupidly disingenuous.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:16:39 AM by Aegis.exe »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13919 on: February 05, 2018, 04:30:58 AM »
The main thing keeping me off resetera is my permaban.