Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174396 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15120 on: February 10, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
Her name sound like 'Pepsi'.

-typical American voter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:46:58 AM by Transhuman »

Bananas

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15121 on: February 10, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
Anyone can be harassed. Technically, this forum harasses me every fucking day. Depite taking Warith out and having a sit-down, I don't complain about it much in comparison to the vitriol I get.

Probably because you don't have a whole internet campaign with multiple boards, chats and people all against your persona.

You are making claims that you don;t' know to be true. Stop being a kid. Grow up. You are investing heavily into a lie that has no more social reward. Nobody cares if you don't carry the flag against Gamergate anymore.
It's hilarious that you keep arguing that people who think GG are a bunch of assholes "clearly know it isn't true". Being heavily invested? I certainly don't think about GG much than I have to do. Now, speaking of letting go, maybe you should tell that to these dudes here?

But keep pushing the, wait for it, narrative.  :doge Alas, a lot of us (especially channers) saw the tumor grow up and eventually spread to the other parts of the Internet.

You are investing heavily into a lie that has no more social reward.
It's also hilarious that you managed to sneak "virtue signaling" in here too.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15122 on: February 10, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
He will continue to point at the relative nothing that's left of GG to claim that there never was anything to begin with (before, he brushed the unsavory elements away as trolls that have hopped on the sincere "ethics in games journalism" core). There's no point arguing about it with him, since he's already decided that you are inherently dishonest.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15123 on: February 10, 2018, 09:53:13 AM »
kindly fuck off with this bullshit topic please, dont care what angle you're arguing.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #15124 on: February 10, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
First world problem if i ever saw one. Can't we just talk about why my ass itches?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15125 on: February 10, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »
Might as well make it the thread title.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15126 on: February 10, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-guardian-ex-google-researcher-demonstrates-how-youtubes-algorithm-distorts-truth.20816/

When his program found a seed video by searching the query “who is Michelle Obama?” and then followed the chain of “up next” suggestions, for example, most of the recommended videos said she “is a man”. More than 80% of the YouTube-recommended videos about the pope detected by his program described the Catholic leader as “evil”, “satanic”, or “the anti-Christ”. There were literally millions of videos uploaded to YouTube to satiate the algorithm’s appetite for content claiming the earth is flat. “On YouTube, fiction is outperforming reality,” Chaslot says.

At least the algorithm is right half the time.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15127 on: February 10, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
"this forum harasses me"
"stop like posts making fun of me"

Etoilet an early frontrunner for the 2018 Golden Pussy award

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15128 on: February 10, 2018, 11:01:03 AM »
Anyone can be harassed. Technically, this forum harasses me every fucking day. Depite taking Warith out and having a sit-down, I don't complain about it much in comparison to the vitriol I get.

You're harassment is completely different, you jackass. People "harass" you because you're being an idiot (like you're doing now "#NotAllGamerGaters" amirite?), whereas GG at the start was harassing women simply because they agreed that men were being toxic in the industry.

Any girl/guy (though mostly women) that thought the "#FiveGuysBurgerandFriesGate" fiasco was dumb-shit (and it was, it was an ex-boyfriend trying to get attention/internet army to harass the girl over being jilted/"cheated on"), was harassed.

"this forum harasses me"

and flOptimus goes on to defend him. It's kinda hilarious how Ass, flOp, and E-toilet all think they're clever and/or smarter than the rest of us simply because they think they're "woke" on stupid issues while getting the history wrong.

Spoiler, E-toliet: I was on 8chan AND 4chan during the start of this stupid "GamerGate" bullshit and saw the harassment first hand. BUT I'M TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG AMIRITE?

(Fucking neck yourself and fuck off like Magus, please)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:12:18 AM by thisismyusername »

Tasty

« Reply #15129 on: February 10, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
TIMU for mod plz.

Tasty

« Reply #15130 on: February 10, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »
Jack Remington too, just so there's a balance.

gfm793

« Reply #15131 on: February 10, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
Part of my wants to see Wu in congress if only because then Pelosi would finally lose her title as the most batshit insane democratic congresswoman in the country.
How is she batshit insane?

She's the best Speaker of my lifetime. As much as I hate laying unknowable motives on people the hatred of Pelosi has always seemed super sexist to me.
Best speaker of your lifetime?

Wait, are you serious?

At least the assholes on the right admit their congressional leaders are pieces of shit.

What is it about Pelosi that an off hand joke about a shitty politician from the most batshit insane city in the United States always generates pushback?

She's more unfavorably viewed than TRUMP for fuck's sake. She's an awful public speaker, and couldn't sell a condom in a whorehouse. She's good at one thing, and exceptionally so, and that is machine politics. She can generally get her party in line, though that has honestly been easier in some ways recently as both sides have gotten more and more divided. As far as being a lying sack of shit? She's no Harry Reid, so there's that in her favor I guess.

She'll be ok without you defending her from the big bads.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15132 on: February 10, 2018, 12:31:50 PM »
Everyone gets harassed online from both sides. Remember Adam Orth? A huge amount of that harassment came from NeoGAF. I was there.

Basically as I said in a previous post:

I heard about it late so I could never quite figure out what it was about. It is a movement with no leadership or organistation. Basically anyone can join for whatever reason. A nebulous armophous group with differing opinions and reasons for joining. That is the problem with internet movements.

And so you have one side who are adamant, this is what the movement is about, this is what is stands for: it is about harrassing women and pushing them out of gaming. And another side will say, no, it is about journalism in gaming, that is what I signed up for. And it can be both at the same time. You can say whatever you want because of the nebulous nature of it.

I will say one thing though: I recall the Huffington Post Live did a good debate on it that was reasonable and balanced.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:09:10 PM by Leadbelly »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15133 on: February 10, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
Everyone gets harrassed online from both sides. Remember Adam Orth? A huge amount of that harrassment came from NeoGAF. I was there.

Orth's comments were harassment toward people with shit internet!

Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #15134 on: February 10, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
Everyone gets harrassed online from both sides. Remember Adam Orth? A huge amount of that harrassment came from NeoGAF. I was there.

(Image removed from quote.)

lol

There was a reason why he got harassed. However, looking back on it, he got it pretty damn bad. He got death threats and everything.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:08:36 PM by Leadbelly »

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #15135 on: February 10, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »

You're harassment is completely different, you jackass. People "harass" you because you're being an idiot (like you're doing now "#NotAllGamerGaters" amirite?), whereas GG at the start was harassing women simply because they agreed that men were being toxic in the industry.

Any girl/guy (though mostly women) that thought the "#FiveGuysBurgerandFriesGate" fiasco was dumb-shit (and it was, it was an ex-boyfriend trying to get attention/internet army to harass the girl over being jilted/"cheated on"), was harassed.

"this forum harasses me"

and flOptimus goes on to defend him. It's kinda hilarious how Ass, flOp, and E-toilet all think they're clever and/or smarter than the rest of us simply because they think they're "woke" on stupid issues while getting the history wrong.

Spoiler, E-toliet: I was on 8chan AND 4chan during the start of this stupid "GamerGate" bullshit and saw the harassment first hand. BUT I'M TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG AMIRITE?

(Fucking neck yourself and fuck off like Magus, please)

Way to deliberately ignore our argument, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. The ilk you defend has done the same and much worse given they've messed with people irl and gotten them not just doxxed but fired too but yeah, let's ignore that because it doesn't fit your pathetically biased narrative.

etiolate

« Reply #15136 on: February 10, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
timu:

You lost and you're still losing.

There is a pattern. An investment/reward system. As a popular lie starts, the reward for going on with the lie is high and the effort to continue the lie is small. As time passes, the effort investment and the social reward go in opposite directions. Eventually, the lie is far more taxing than the social reward. Just ditch the lie.

Nobody wants to talk about it anymore. Nobody cares to keep up the lie. Nobody really believes it. All the money in the lie dried up. All the social reward is gone.

The only people who will keep it up are 1) Those in the sunk cost fallacy and 2) those who are the bullies and want a target to bully. Don't be the bad person. Really just let it go.

PS: I love that the shit I get is okay because I deserve it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15137 on: February 10, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/questioning-the-true-value-of-playing-switch-on-the-go.22391/

So, it's been a week since I bought my Switch. As I originally planned, I've been using it almost exclusively docked, until today. Today, I had to take care of my vehicle's certificate and plates at the government's office. The whole process usually takes around a couple of hours, so I thought why not bring the Switch to continue my Xenoblade 2 playthrough?

Fast forward, I left disappointed..

- I can barely hear anything
Like in any public place, there are lots of people and noise around me, and I'm not that comfortable maxing out the sound in such situation. Playing games with no sound is an immensely inferior experience for me. I had to rewatch the cutscenes I watched there on my TV earlier.

- It's not exactly on the go
The whole process today consisted of moving from one locket to the next one, so I had to pull out and put my Switch to my bag multiple times. Unlike 3DS or Vita which you can simply pull out of your bag and play, I needed additional steps to play my Switch each time, namely attaching and deattaching the joycons as well as putting them in the bag. It's quite a hassle and kinda put me into panic when I get called to the locket.

- It's not comfortable
My neck hurt and I didn't even play for that long. The longest session was around 30 minutes because I had to move to another locket, and it's already not comfortable. I kept changing my position but couldn't find the perfect one. The Switch is also rather heavy for a handheld.

- It runs badly
Unlike the seemingly general consensus, I have no issue with the visuals of the game in undocked mode. But the framerates, man. It slows down a lot in both exploration and combat. This is maybe my least important issue compared to the previous ones, but it's still annoying and made the whole experience inferior.

Yeah, some of these issues can be remedied with proper accessories. I could buy an earphone so I can still enjoy the sound, and it's probably my fault for buying the wrong traveling case. I should've bought the long one. However, wouldn't that make them essential parts of the Switch instead of merely 'accessories'?

With all of the 'on the go' comments and memes surrounding the Switch in the Internet, I thought it'll be a revelation for me. But after this first impressions, I think I've had enough. Swith undocked mode is an inferior experience for me.

:neogaf
🤴

jorma

« Reply #15138 on: February 10, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »

lol

There was a reason why he got harrassed. However, looking back on it, he got it pretty damn bad. He got death threats and everything.

Didn't he get fired? That's what i hate the most about this - people who get a sense of achievement from getting people fired.

No actually, what i hate most about this are the weak employers who fire people like Orth because of outrage from a few hundred people on twitter that guaranteed will have forgotten about the whole thing a week later.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15139 on: February 10, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »
Yeah, Adam Orth got fired because of the Neogaf mob, and not because he caused a PR disaster by intentionally antagonizing his companies potential customer base, sure

etiolate

« Reply #15140 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »
gaf/REE does go after people. Colin Moriarty, Boogie, TB, etc. They openly said GAF sent them threats when Tyler got gat.

The interesting one is Alison Rapp, because she got outed thanks to Patrick Klepeck and he manages to not take much heat for it. Exxy's "journalism" was the one putting pressure on Nintendo to explain her firing, which they eventually did. As soon as it was revealed that she was moonlighting, people just image searched her and found out she was hooking. I always wondered if Klepeck and the GAF types had not tried to white knight for her if she would have had her private life still to herself.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15141 on: February 10, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
I also remember someone else blamed NeoGAF for his harassment. What's his name, the bald guy with the weird nasal voice? lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:09:26 PM by Leadbelly »

etiolate

« Reply #15142 on: February 10, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
I think The Last Night dev said it, too.

The entire industry did a victory dance on GAF's grave, and somehow REE didn't take the hint.

Optimus

« Reply #15143 on: February 10, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
Orth is the worst fucking example. There have been many people fired for not toeing the line, in fact they didn't even have to be gamergateters, the subnautica dev is just the latest victim and he wasn't even doxxed. During the height of gamergate you'd hear about youtubers and other members of kotakuinaction being doxxed and their places of employment being flooded with phone calls about the nazi harasser working at the office. The distinguished mentally-challenged fellow deliberately acting if we didn't even just mention that fact is a classic example of the cognitive dissonance that exists amongst these nutjobs regarding this issue (and many many other issues)

jorma

« Reply #15144 on: February 10, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
Yeah, Adam Orth got fired because of the Neogaf mob, and not because he caused a PR disaster by intentionally antagonizing his companies potential customer base, sure

He would still have had his job if not for the mob and the weak employer. And he's hardly the only example. The most famous one is that afrika aids joker that found out she was fired when the plane landed and the entire mob was getting their kicks in while she was down. And then moved on to something else to feel good about.

And i dont' recall where i blamed neogaf? Twitter mob yes, neogaf no.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15145 on: February 10, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »

It was a little of column A, a little of column B. NeoGAF was the one that found the tweets, and then amplified the backlash about "why would I want to live there"/always on, which got him fired.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15146 on: February 10, 2018, 01:08:07 PM »
what are you nerds even arguing about? this is a loser topic that is long dead, let it go.

jorma

« Reply #15147 on: February 10, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »

It was a little of column A, a little of column B. NeoGAF was the one that found the tweets, and then amplified the backlash about "why would I want to live there"/always on, which got him fired.

And i'm also pretty sure that most of that mob have themselves said a lot worse things about those shitholes that no one actually wants to live in.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15148 on: February 10, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »
Nobody wants to talk about it anymore. Nobody cares to keep up the lie. Nobody really believes it. All the money in the lie dried up. All the social reward is gone.

The only people who will keep it up are 1) Those in the sunk cost fallacy and 2) those who are the bullies and want a target to bully. Don't be the bad person. Really just let it go.
Alternative, but impossible explanation, because reasons: it died on its own and became old news. But no, that can't be it...

etiolate

« Reply #15149 on: February 10, 2018, 01:15:52 PM »

Alternative, but impossible explanation, because reasons: it died on its own and became old news. But no, that can't be it...

It becoming old news and what I said are not two things in conflict with each other. What I am talking about is the social reward/personal cost scale.

Like the Iraq War is old news, but someone trying to defend it today is wrestling with that cost/benefit problem.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15150 on: February 10, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »
I remember, Adam Sessler. lol

He got harassed over something and blamed NeoGAF.

The internet hates me. I said some things about resolution and how it's not as important as people are making it out to be. I should have seen this coming. I really can't be paying attention to this—we need to plan out the console launches.

We're a team of four people, the PS4 and Xbox One are launching one week apart and we need to schedule edits for embargoes we don't have. We have to estimate how many views each video will get to see if we'll hit our goals and make the advertisers happy, but we don't have embargoes, we don't know how many videos we'll have and we have nothing to tell them. Every e-mail in my inbox is not an e-mail that brings any clarity to the situation and I hate everyone who is e-mailing me because every e-mail makes my heart jump because I think it's the e-mail I want.

I feel like a teenager waiting for a returned glance from a crush but it's really just confirming some dates for blu-ray discs to arrive in the mail so I can play them on the new plastic boxes. God the internet hates me. They don't just want me dead; they want to rape my wife, because . . . of resolution differences. I really can't focus on this but I am having some very dark fantasies and would love to meet one of these little NeoGAF shits out on the street.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:35:48 PM by Leadbelly »

Optimus

« Reply #15151 on: February 10, 2018, 01:20:26 PM »

Or, you know, whining about internet harassment to gain sympathy points doesn't work that well anymore because people have seen this strategy way too many times and realize its dishonesty. Look at how quickly the absolutely pathetic theguardian narrative about poor Cathy Newman getting harassed collapsed and was ignored and how people continued to focus on what matters most: The actual fucking arguments. 3-4 years ago that shit would have probably worked, now people are sick and tired of it.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15152 on: February 10, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
Speaking of g4 hosts that are lost in space whatever happened to kevin perrara?

Himu

« Reply #15153 on: February 10, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »
Of course Wu is running for congress. Trans person gets their name out, decides to take advantage of it and runs for an office. Nothing wrong with  running for office, but between Chelsea Manning, Wu, and all the other T activists I see saying they're going to run for an office, it seems pretty clear it's about power. You can sniff the career activists a mile away and getting a government position is always their mission even when they openly admit that the government is corrupt.

You've got these activists who seem to use activism as a stepping platform and then you've got Bobby fucking Seale on the other end of that. From gaming industry to congress? Yes, it's about power for her. Snakes, the lot of em.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15154 on: February 10, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
It becoming old news and what I said are not two things in conflict with each other. What I am talking about is the social reward/personal cost scale.
You're putting it front and centre so you can continue to claim that it's all been just a big lie. Nobody this, nobody that.

Himu

« Reply #15155 on: February 10, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Wu: "Gaming culture is toxic and I can't take it anymore!!"

People: "So what you gonna do?"

Wu: "I'm gonna run for Congress"

"Welcome miss Wu, how about we give this lady a big Washington welcome guys! But remember no harassing right? Am I right"

"Did you see that Alex?" "Gay Frogs Roger?" "No, we've got a new commie to troll"

What does she think is going to happen when she enters politics?

"I hate to drive, therefore I'm going to be a truck driver"

It's not about toxic environments, it's about power.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15156 on: February 10, 2018, 01:51:21 PM »
Totally forgot that Wu wasn't a lady person before.

So she's hammering on a subject she knows almost nothing about.  :doge
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #15157 on: February 10, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
You're putting it front and centre so you can continue to claim that it's all been just a big lie. Nobody this, nobody that.

It was a big lie. That will be the history of it. You can't really claim that lie to be true without running into a ton of contradictions. "GG was a harassment campaign" then BLM is a cop killing campaign or #Metoo is a witch hunt.

People realize that there's trolling and shit flung all over the internet. The idea that GG was organized to harass women and what happened was unique to itself and uniquely directed one direction is dead. In the following years, we've seen the same "cry victim" tactic deployed over and over, and people started to realize it was all bullshit. The public starts to learn more and believe less.

Himu

« Reply #15158 on: February 10, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »
Note, that cheeseburgers who are running for government positions are almost all white. Meanwhile the non-white trans activists are staying and doing the grunt work because they really care about the issue. White trans having privilege?

It's almost like white trans activists use trans issues as a mere stepping stone.

shocking
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15159 on: February 10, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »
Diminishing returns for [RODACTED], can't even bother us to trigger the pretty hate machine with his last meltdown to drown out a lame and tired GooberGate argument.
Sad!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:07:20 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #15160 on: February 10, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
Wu is Schrodinger's crotch.

She makes herself out as a trans activist, but then gets upset or refuses to acknowledge herself as trans.

Himu

« Reply #15161 on: February 10, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »
Wu is Schrodinger's crotch.

She makes herself out as a trans activist, but then gets upset or refuses to acknowledge herself as trans.

White trans having privilege?

Say it ain't so!
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #15162 on: February 10, 2018, 02:03:42 PM »
Stop deadnaming Brianna  :insane

Himu

« Reply #15163 on: February 10, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »
Stop deadnaming Brianna  :insane

how daaare
IYKYK

Optimus

« Reply #15164 on: February 10, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
What privilege are you even talking about, Wu only took a small 200k grant from her parents to fail spectacularly in the gaming business. That has bootstraps written all over it.

Himu

« Reply #15165 on: February 10, 2018, 02:09:50 PM »
What privilege are you even talking about, Wu just took a small 200k grant from her parents to fail spectacularly in the gaming business. That has bootstraps written all over it.

For real? My theory on white cheeseburgers continues.
IYKYK

Rman

« Reply #15166 on: February 10, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
Cindi, were you permabanned at ERA? Can't keep track.

Optimus

« Reply #15167 on: February 10, 2018, 02:15:54 PM »
Wu has had a harsh life, stop harassing please Himuro, enough is enough.

Himu

« Reply #15168 on: February 10, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »
Cindi, were you permabanned at ERA? Can't keep track.

Nope but I won't be going back.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15169 on: February 10, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »
Wu has had a harsh life, stop harassing please Himuro, enough is enough.

Wow, she played easy mode. Probably had ffs within a year, the best care, and then had srs with the quickness. So oppressed.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15170 on: February 10, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4390718/

And we’re not making films for six year olds, we’re not making The Avengers.

:noooo
I love the Resseter putting the emphasis on this :lol
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15171 on: February 10, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
SpainGAF: Please tell me about this country.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4367677/

Should probably ask gaf

Either a petty pedant or a good dig at THUG1, either way :delicious
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #15172 on: February 10, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
"Which city has the most assgrabbing?"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15173 on: February 10, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
SpainGAF: Please tell me about this country.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4367677/

Should probably ask gaf

Either a petty pedant or a good dig at THUG1, either way :delicious

Quote from: Khamsinvera, post: 4368295, member: 28964
SpainGAF ...?

SpainERA !
Quote from: Joker Code, post: 4368451, member: 26327
I didn’t notice until you pointed out. lol
Quote from: andrerobot, post: 4378505, member: 27934
You are disgusting.
:reeeee
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15174 on: February 10, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4380194/

Just take your girl to the goddamn boys section you moron.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15175 on: February 10, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »
Of course Wu is running for congress. Trans person gets their name out, decides to take advantage of it and runs for an office. Nothing wrong with  running for office, but between Chelsea Manning, Wu, and all the other T activists I see saying they're going to run for an office, it seems pretty clear it's about power. You can sniff the career activists a mile away and getting a government position is always their mission even when they openly admit that the government is corrupt.

You've got these activists who seem to use activism as a stepping platform and then you've got Bobby fucking Seale on the other end of that. From gaming industry to congress? Yes, it's about power for her. Snakes, the lot of em.

"Yeah she's never said she was trans like ever.

Not once."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-manning-cautionary-tale-of-not-chilling-with-alt-righters-if-you-want-plausible-deniability.17945/page-7#post-3587771

Don't be transphobic Cindi

etiolate

« Reply #15177 on: February 10, 2018, 03:49:52 PM »
taco Hill is one of my favorite Peter Gabriel songs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15178 on: February 10, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4380194/

Just take your girl to the goddamn boys section you moron.

this pic is so goddamn fucking stupid that I can physically feel my brain cells dying the longer I look at it

EDIT: okay I've recovered from this stupidity, and to elaborate on what Red has said below, there's also a big difference in what boys and girls are encouraged to become through these toys. Boys are encouraged to become fighters: strong, brave, dependable. Girls are encouraged to become models: stick-thin, decorative, shallow. While both of these ideals have problematic elements, the roles that we force on boys at least encompass a series of positive traits. Being a strong and brave hero is awesome. Being a glorified coat hanger is lame as fuck.

Is it actually lame as fuck, or is that your conditioned response as a male, who has been raised and marketed to in such a way as to think fashion and aesthetic beauty is lame or without purpose?  Maybe being against a desire to be pretty like Barbie is just more man-splaining, telling women what they should enjoy or do.  How about listening to women for once?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:13:11 PM by Uncle »
Uncle