Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174258 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15180 on: February 10, 2018, 03:58:37 PM »
A little cheap for your usual taste, no?
dur

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15181 on: February 10, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »
The cognitive dissonance of taking issue with toy aisles and common gender marketing while supporting trans people who perform their gender... with common gender displays is ffffffffffwwwwwha

If pink didn't attract young girls eyes then marketers wouldn't bother with it. Some studies have found male and female babies respond faster to different things. Baby girls respond more to dolls than baby boys. (Some control factor issues in these tests though.)

And it's perfectly fine if the girl or boy wants something different. I think cabbage patch dolls are a unique phenomena in that boys and girls went crazy for them at their height. Carebears a bit like this, too. I'm not big into parents screaming "look at what they're doing to our children!" over toy marketing. Your kid knows what they want. They aren't helpless.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15183 on: February 10, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
The cognitive dissonance of taking issue with toy aisles and common gender marketing while supporting trans people who perform their gender... with common gender displays is ffffffffffwwwwwha

Remember, they also believe gender isn't performative in any way.  Someone can claim to be trans and make zero effort to transition in any way, change their habits, reveal hidden interests, anything like that.

Women can have thick, full beards.  :ryker

In fact the dissonance there is probably praised for being so non-conforming/performative.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #15184 on: February 10, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »
Dolls are great and whoever thinks they turn little girls into anorexic whores is a fucking poof. They're dolls. They're not supposed to look like real women. Turn to real women in real life and not dolls. This is the exact problem with late waves of feminism: after most of the hard fought legal battles occurred they focused on fucking bullshit.

Dolls own and fuck anyone who uses that infantilizing argumentation that turns girls into victims.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15185 on: February 10, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
PS: fuck you

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-into-dolls.14210/

Reminds me of the feminists who who are anti-makeup and argue that it's oppression meant to make women adhere to a specific way when many women LIKE wearing makeup. This is of course another example of "feminists" demonizing femininity. Rather than embracing and loving femininity, they abhor it and turn it into an enemy. Bunch of anti-woman, infantilizing bullshit.
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #15186 on: February 10, 2018, 04:18:00 PM »
A little cheap for your usual taste, no?
It’s the brand I’m interested in.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15188 on: February 10, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
The Revenge of the Sith thread is making me lose my mind. Star wars 7 isn't the greatest thing but the shocking amount of people claiming it's worse than the movie containing the NOOOOOOOOO Darth Vader scene is about to give me an embolism

Himu

« Reply #15189 on: February 10, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4380194/

Just take your girl to the goddamn boys section you moron.

Speaking of which, ever notice how they bring this up but never bring up the fact that it's more socially okay for a girl to play with "boys" toys compared to a boy playing with "girls" toys? Take a girl to the boy toy aisle, and she's a tomboy. Take a boy to the girl aisle and he's a faggot. Completely ignore that girls afforded more opportunities for gender expression when bringing this up is a massive  :confused
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #15190 on: February 10, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

this pic is so goddamn fucking stupid that I can physically feel my brain cells dying the longer I look at it

EDIT: okay I've recovered from this stupidity, and to elaborate on what Red has said below, there's also a big difference in what boys and girls are encouraged to become through these toys. Boys are encouraged to become fighters: strong, brave, dependable. Girls are encouraged to become models: stick-thin, decorative, shallow. While both of these ideals have problematic elements, the roles that we force on boys at least encompass a series of positive traits. Being a strong and brave hero is awesome. Being a glorified coat hanger is lame as fuck.

Is it actually lame as fuck, or is that your conditioned response as a male, who has been raised and marketed to in such a way as to think fashion and aesthetic beauty is lame or without purpose?  Maybe being against a desire to be pretty like Barbie is just more man-splaining, telling women what they should enjoy or do.  How about listening to women for once?

You can read into it a lot of things if you spend enough time on it. You could say for instance that characters like He-Man encourages society to ultimately view men as dispensable. Their place is to sacrifice themselves as 'fighters' on the battlefield for the benefit of women and children.

It is quite easy to find some negative attribute in anything if you spend enough time on it.

Of course it is more complex than that. So for example, as long as there has been He-Man, there has always been She-Ra. And so even with those examples, it's not entirely accurate.

https://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/dvdboxart/8888/p8888_d_v8_aa.jpg

I've just realised something else. All this stuff about female characters wearing ridiculous costumes just to look sexy even though it is not practical(in truth it is more a case with female characters). He-Man is wearing nothing other than a pair of tight briefs for fuck sake. lol

The other thing is, we're a sexually dimorphic species. Women were never suited to weilding a large sword on a battle field. If nothing more than the practicality of it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:15:40 PM by Leadbelly »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15191 on: February 10, 2018, 04:54:45 PM »
taco Hill is one of my favorite Peter Gabriel songs

Grab your things, i've come to take you home.

Himu

« Reply #15192 on: February 10, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »

this pic is so goddamn fucking stupid that I can physically feel my brain cells dying the longer I look at it

EDIT: okay I've recovered from this stupidity, and to elaborate on what Red has said below, there's also a big difference in what boys and girls are encouraged to become through these toys. Boys are encouraged to become fighters: strong, brave, dependable. Girls are encouraged to become models: stick-thin, decorative, shallow. While both of these ideals have problematic elements, the roles that we force on boys at least encompass a series of positive traits. Being a strong and brave hero is awesome. Being a glorified coat hanger is lame as fuck.

Is it actually lame as fuck, or is that your conditioned response as a male, who has been raised and marketed to in such a way as to think fashion and aesthetic beauty is lame or without purpose?  Maybe being against a desire to be pretty like Barbie is just more man-splaining, telling women what they should enjoy or do.  How about listening to women for once?

You can read into it a lot of things if you spend enough time on it. You could say for instance that characters like He-Man encourages society to ultimately view men as dispensable. Their place is to sacrifice themselves as 'fighters' on the battlefield for the benefit of women and children.

It is quite easy to find some negative attribute in anything if you spend enough time on it.

Of course it is more complex than that. So for example, as long as there has been He-Man, there has always been She-Ra. And so even with those examples, it's not entirely accurate.

I've just realised something else. All this stuff about female characters wearing ridiculous costumes just to look sexy even though it is not practical(in truth it is more a case with female characters). He-Man is wearing nothing other than a pair of tight briefs for fuck sake. lol

The other thing is, we're a sexually dimorphic species. Women were never suited to weilding a large sword on a battle field. If nothing more than the praticality of it.

In 2006, researchers in the United Kingdom published a study in which they gave 162 U.K. girls, ages five to eight, picture books that didn't show bodies at all, or otherwise featured either Barbie or Emme, a more realistically proportioned doll. After the girls looked at the books, researchers asked them questions about their body image.

Younger girls who read the Barbie books were more dissatisfied with their bodies than those who read the Emme or body-less books. However, for the oldest girls, ages seven and a half to eight and a half, the books they read didn't affect their body image; overall, older girls had greater body dissatisfaction, regardless of which books they looked at.

In a study published in 2010, researchers gave 117 six- to 10-year-old Dutch girls one of three toys to play with: a Barbie-sized doll, an Emme doll, or Lego blocks. After 10 minutes, the researchers asked the girls questions about their body image. What toy the girls were given didn't affect their body image.

A survey of young women, published in 2014, found no association between body image and how old they were when they started playing with Barbies, or how many Barbie dolls they owned.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/i-am-a-barbie-girl-in-what-is-not-a-barbie-world

WUH OH!!!
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15193 on: February 10, 2018, 05:06:39 PM »
Not for nothing but that article kind of breezes over the conclusion of the abstract of the second study they're talking about there

Abstract
This study experimentally tested the effects of playing with thin dolls on body image and food intake in 6- to 10-year-old Dutch girls (N = 117). Girls were randomly assigned to play with a thin doll, an average-sized doll, or Legos in a no doll control condition. After 10 min, they participated in a taste-test and completed questionnaires about body image. No differences were found between conditions for any of the body image variables. However, girls who played with the average-sized doll ate significantly more food than girls in other exposure conditions. Although no support was found for the assumption that playing with thin dolls influences body image, the dolls directly affected actual food intake in these young girls.

Leadbelly

« Reply #15194 on: February 10, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »

The other thing is, we're a sexually dimorphic species. Women were never suited to weilding a large sword on a battle field. If nothing more than the praticality of it.

In 2006, researchers in the United Kingdom published a study in which they gave 162 U.K. girls, ages five to eight, picture books that didn't show bodies at all, or otherwise featured either Barbie or Emme, a more realistically proportioned doll. After the girls looked at the books, researchers asked them questions about their body image.

Younger girls who read the Barbie books were more dissatisfied with their bodies than those who read the Emme or body-less books. However, for the oldest girls, ages seven and a half to eight and a half, the books they read didn't affect their body image; overall, older girls had greater body dissatisfaction, regardless of which books they looked at.

In a study published in 2010, researchers gave 117 six- to 10-year-old Dutch girls one of three toys to play with: a Barbie-sized doll, an Emme doll, or Lego blocks. After 10 minutes, the researchers asked the girls questions about their body image. What toy the girls were given didn't affect their body image.

A survey of young women, published in 2014, found no association between body image and how old they were when they started playing with Barbies, or how many Barbie dolls they owned.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/i-am-a-barbie-girl-in-what-is-not-a-barbie-world

WUH OH!!!

It seems obvious there is more to it because the truth is men are bombarded with unrealistic body images as well. Walk past any poster for Calvin Klein underwear. The ideal image of a man is not a fat slob, it is generally thin, very ripped, and with a six-pack.

The other weird thing is, super thin super models are not generally what men find attractive anyway. There is a difference between a glamour model and a fashion model.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:12:33 PM by Leadbelly »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15195 on: February 10, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
What's going on here? Perhaps Barbie is just one of countless influences in girls' lives that stresses the unrealistically thin figures Western culture expects of them. The very youngest girls may not yet think to compare Barbie's shape with their own. By the time they're seven or eight, however—as the 2006 study shows—they may be getting the message from so many outlets, it's impossible to suss out the effect of Barbie on her own.

tldr: The human mind is an enigma and behavioural scientists are fucking useless

Himu

« Reply #15196 on: February 10, 2018, 05:15:01 PM »
This isn't to say women are not given pressure to adhere to a specific body type. This effects a lot of women and their self esteem is lowered because of it. It comes from real life. It comes from the fact that girls as young as 10 are hit on and sexualized by men. But nah, let's blame Barbie.

Let's be honest, there's far more pressure for a woman to look a specific way than men, so I find your example bad. Womens looks are scrutinized far more often for not appearing perfect, so I disagree entirely. Saying there's a similar emphasis on men looking a specific way than women is straight up ducktales.

Most type of men that can turn a womans head around are men with muscles which thin Calvin Klein don't have. So in the attraction area at least, it kind of cuts both ways.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #15197 on: February 10, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »
The Revenge of the Sith thread is making me lose my mind. Star wars 7 isn't the greatest thing but the shocking amount of people claiming it's worse than the movie containing the NOOOOOOOOO Darth Vader scene is about to give me an embolism

Revenge of the Sith is a bad movie and way worse than anything from the New Trilogy... but I truly enjoy it more than TFA and Rogue One.

Sorry.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15198 on: February 10, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »
It was a big lie. That will be the history of it. You can't really claim that lie to be true without running into a ton of contradictions. "GG was a harassment campaign" then BLM is a cop killing campaign or #Metoo is a witch hunt.

It didn't have to start as one to feature so much of it that it may be mistaken as one as it sure as shit resulted in a lot of harrassment. Unless of course everyone's a lying liar about that, too.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15199 on: February 10, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »
As a non fan of the franchise revenge of the sith was so cornball. NOOOOO.gif was just the icing on that shit cake.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Leadbelly

« Reply #15200 on: February 10, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »
This isn't to say women are not given pressure to adhere to a specific body type. This effects a lot of women and their self esteem is lowered because of it. It comes from real life. It comes from the fact that girls as young as 10 are hit on and sexualized by men. But nah, let's blame Barbie.

Let's be honest, there's far more pressure for a woman to look a specific way than men, so I find your example bad. Womens looks are scrutinized far more often for not appearing perfect, so I disagree entirely. Saying there's a similar emphasis on men looking a specific way than women is straight up ducktales.

Most type of men that can turn a womans head around are men with muscles which thin Calvin Klein don't have. So in the attraction area at least, it kind of cuts both ways.

As far as I remember fat kids were bullied in school.

My point is, there is a lot of emphasis on the type of body image presented in the media. However, as far as I can tell, the way men are presented in terms of the 'ideal' image is not a fat slob. Also, are you saying men with muscles is a reaslistic body image?

I think part of the problem is actually to do with sexuality. Men and Women's sexuality are not the same. There is a greater pressure to look a certain way by women because men are on average far more 'visual' (i.e. tits and ass) than women are. And I suspect that plays a part in the psychology of it. This is why that study doesn't surprise me.

Tasty

« Reply #15201 on: February 10, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »
Revenge of the Sith had a way better Plinkett review than TFA so it gets my vote for that alone.

etiolate

« Reply #15202 on: February 10, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »
Not for nothing but that article kind of breezes over the conclusion of the abstract of the second study they're talking about there

Abstract
This study experimentally tested the effects of playing with thin dolls on body image and food intake in 6- to 10-year-old Dutch girls (N = 117). Girls were randomly assigned to play with a thin doll, an average-sized doll, or Legos in a no doll control condition. After 10 min, they participated in a taste-test and completed questionnaires about body image. No differences were found between conditions for any of the body image variables. However, girls who played with the average-sized doll ate significantly more food than girls in other exposure conditions. Although no support was found for the assumption that playing with thin dolls influences body image, the dolls directly affected actual food intake in these young girls.

so feminist dolls make you fat

Himu

« Reply #15203 on: February 10, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

My point is, there is a lot of emphasis on the type of body image presented in the media. However, as far as I can tell, the way men are presented in terms of the 'ideal' image is not a fat slob. Also, are you saying men with muscles is a reaslistic body image?

I think part of the problem is actually to do with sexuality. Men and Women's sexuality are not the same. There is a greater pressure to look a certain way by women because men are on average far more 'visual' (i.e. tits and ass) than women are. And I suspect that plays a part in the psychology of it. This is why that study doesn't surprise me.

What does being fat have to do with this? Being fat in general is frowned down upon, whether you're male or female. ???

It's far more common for a fat man to date an in-shape woman. The opposite is less common. Men are far more critical about a woman's looks because men are more visual in their attraction. Saying men and women's body images are impacted the same makes no sense. Factor things like race in it, where white women are seen as more attractive and it gets even more complicated.

Frankly, I don't think you understand what you're arguing.
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15204 on: February 10, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »
Fuck beauty standards.  If I were a girl, I’d prioritize learning this move.  Imagine the sexy possibilities.

https://v.redd.it/npjmlfte9ef01
serge

etiolate

« Reply #15205 on: February 10, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »
It's worth thinking about and caring about how produced images can impact people, but I advise not just having a feeling about that and understanding what is going on.  All the mistakes come from not bothering to understand.

Leadbelly brought up male disposability, which not talked about nearly as much as female body image. There is rising rate of male suicide currently. It's been going up for at least the past 9-10 years  In modern, developed countries, white male suicides outpace other groups. Seventy percent of suicides in these countries were white men. Of course, male suicides are 3.5x times more common than female suicides. Middle aged men suicides are increasing as well.

So those stats are pretty scary. I wouldn't blame He-Man for them and that's sort of my point. Something like that needs careful, documented and thorough understanding. Removing GI Joe toys are not an answer.

Himu

« Reply #15206 on: February 10, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
I just don't see how men are pressured to look a specific way. Most men don't give a shit. The most prominent visual of men on tv in the last 50 or so years involves a fat guy married to a thin stick of a woman so :idont

Is it possible for a man to have low self esteem because of his looks? Sure. But does society project that he look perfect in every way? With a perfect chest? With barrel arms and nice, fat butt? Nah. Just being real. Saying the way men and womens bodies are said to look by society just isn't going to stick with me, especially since I have lived both experiences.

Men have pressure to look a certain way? In what world?
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #15207 on: February 10, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »

What does being fat have to do with this? Being fat in general is frowned down upon, whether you're male or female. ???

It's far more common for a fat man to date an in-shape woman. The opposite is less common. Men are far more critical about a woman's looks because men are more visual in their attraction. Saying men and women's body images are impacted the same makes no sense. Factor things like race in it, where white women are seen as more attractive and it gets even more complicated.

Frankly, I don't think you understand what you're arguing.

I just said pretty much what you just said...?

Remember the 'Are you Beach Body Ready?' adverts. It was basically a woman in shape in a bikini. If it was the other way around, and it was a man in shape in swimming shorts, no one would bat an eyelid. No one would even speak about self-esteem issues.

A big part of the argument is to do with unrealistic body images in the media. The way it affects girls self-esteem. My point was that it is obviously more than the simple images themselves. I then elaborated by saying it was perhaps more to do with sexuality.

thetylerrob

« Reply #15208 on: February 10, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »
Cindi, you're being distinguished mentally-challenged again. Yeah nobody gives a shit about how dudes look you're right. Girls just fuck whatever fat guy buys them a drink 1st. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #15209 on: February 10, 2018, 05:55:37 PM »
Just be rich, problem solved for both sexes.

Himu

« Reply #15210 on: February 10, 2018, 05:56:17 PM »
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15211 on: February 10, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »

Have you SEEN Henry Cavills titties?
:9

etiolate

« Reply #15212 on: February 10, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »
I just don't see how men are pressured to look a specific way. Most men don't give a shit. The most prominent visual of men on tv in the last 50 or so years involves a fat guy married to a thin stick of a woman so :idont

Is it possible for a man to have low self esteem because of his looks? Sure. But does society project that he look perfect in every way? With a perfect chest? With barrel arms and nice, fat butt? Nah. Just being real. Saying the way men and womens bodies are said to look by society just isn't going to stick with me, especially since I have lived both experiences.

I think most depictions of people fall into two categories: Attempts to represent a composite of the audience and attempts to find a functional look for audience attention.

A runway model doesn't represent what men look for but it's functional for displaying fashion and thus draws attention to the fashion. A sexy model functions to draw raw attention. A Homer Simpson attempts to be a relatable dad and Marge a relatable mom.

Just another note on this:

In a heterosexual manner, whatever look gets them sexual attention. However, for men money and power work as well. There are competitive pressures. Also, it is best to separate "pressure" from harm. Body image pressure doesn't mean you become anorexic or a steroid junkie. It can also influence you to get into better shape, which is a positive. And "fat acceptance" is not healthy in that same way, so it's hard for me to say all the talk of healthy self-image is positive when part of the discussion glorifies destroying your cardiac health.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15213 on: February 10, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
There's a ton of pressure for men surrounding their hair/male pattern baldness.  Whether to shave it all off or not, maybe not if you've got a weird-shaped head, and then you have to wear hats, but not fedoras.  And worry about whether people will think you're a skinhead Nazi.

BTW I think there was a mtf trans employee at my local Target (breasts, presenting a higher-pitched voice and female name) who must have waited too long to transition and definitely had some male pattern baldness.  That's something I never really thought about before.
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #15214 on: February 10, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »
Or if you grow a short stubble beard and shave your head, but use image software to darken your skin and emphasize shadows so you don't look white but more like a real urban voice in the world of super hero movies
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:18:13 PM by etiolate »

Leadbelly

« Reply #15215 on: February 10, 2018, 06:17:11 PM »

I think there is a psychological difference in the way men and women look at their bodies. It has nothing really to do with the way society presents that body image, but rather the biological differences in sexuality.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15216 on: February 10, 2018, 06:19:57 PM »
There's a ton of pressure for men surrounding their hair/male pattern baldness.  Whether to shave it all off or not, maybe not if you've got a weird-shaped head, and then you have to wear hats, but not fedoras.  And worry about whether people will think you're a skinhead Nazi.

BTW I think there was a mtf trans employee at my local Target (breasts, presenting a higher-pitched voice and female name) who must have waited too long to transition and definitely had some male pattern baldness.  That's something I never really thought about before.

Are you aware that female-pattern-baldness is a thing

yes
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #15217 on: February 10, 2018, 06:23:37 PM »

top notch lady dome

Clockwork5

« Reply #15218 on: February 10, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Part of my wants to see Wu in congress if only because then Pelosi would finally lose her title as the most batshit insane democratic congresswoman in the country.
How is she batshit insane?

She's the best Speaker of my lifetime. As much as I hate laying unknowable motives on people the hatred of Pelosi has always seemed super sexist to me.

The best speaker of your lifetime? You cannot be serious.

My 6 year old niece is a better public speaker than Pelosi. I don't hate her, but she sounds like an imbecile when she goes off script.

It is embarrassing when her head starts shaking and she can't get a damn complete thought out of her mouth.

Himu

« Reply #15219 on: February 10, 2018, 06:27:14 PM »

I think most depictions of people fall into two categories: Attempts to represent a composite of the audience and attempts to find a functional look for audience attention.

A runway model doesn't represent what men look for but it's functional for displaying fashion and thus draws attention to the fashion. A sexy model functions to draw raw attention. A Homer Simpson attempts to be a relatable dad and Marge a relatable mom.

Just another note on this:

In a heterosexual manner, whatever look gets them sexual attention. However, for men money and power work as well. There are competitive pressures. Also, it is best to separate "pressure" from harm. Body image pressure doesn't mean you become anorexic or a steroid junkie. It can also influence you to get into better shape, which is a positive. And "fat acceptance" is not healthy in that same way, so it's hard for me to say all the talk of healthy self-image is positive when part of the discussion glorifies destroying your cardiac health.

That’s fair. In terms of body image, I can see men having low self esteem because of things like Tinder I guess. It pushes men to be more competitive and lift weights and stuff probably but like you said, that’s a positive.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15220 on: February 10, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »

I think there is a psychological difference in the way men and women look at their bodies. It has nothing really to do with the way society presents that body image, but rather the biological differences in sexuality.

I wasn’t replying to you but the other guy who was unhinged.

Can you go more into what you think these psychological differences are?
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #15221 on: February 10, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »
I was trying to think of a setup where you have a mix of ethnicities and types of people, and figured any show aiming for that would have to be in a part of town with poverty or at least the very bottom end of the middle class.

Then I realized that's Married With Children, which had about every body type there is on the show and a black neighbor. More fat women than any other show. A pretty boy neighbor. Small breasted women. And a poor powerless balding male that somehow everyone loved.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15222 on: February 10, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »
Part of my wants to see Wu in congress if only because then Pelosi would finally lose her title as the most batshit insane democratic congresswoman in the country.

She's the best Speaker of my lifetime. As much as I hate laying unknowable motives on people the hatred of Pelosi has always seemed super sexist to me.

My 6 year old niece is a better public speaker than Pelosi. I don't hate her, but she sounds like an imbecile when she goes off script.

It is embarrassing when her head starts shaking and she can't get a damn complete thought out of her mouth.

At least Pelosi doesn't go around ethering 6 year olds like this
Uncle

TVC15

serge

etiolate

« Reply #15224 on: February 10, 2018, 06:49:17 PM »
 :takei

Jansen

« Reply #15225 on: February 10, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »
you dumb fucker that think rots is a better movie than the force awakens

dipshits wearing rose tinted glasses :neogaf

agrajag

« Reply #15226 on: February 10, 2018, 06:55:53 PM »
Not Star Wars, but this MUST be him.

http://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/pc08e/whats_the_most_interesting_thing_you_cant_share/c3vhvds

That's not his writing style and this person is British, so I don't think that's the hobbit you're looking for unless he adopted a British persona like Madonna

TVC15

« Reply #15227 on: February 10, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Not Star Wars, but this MUST be him.

http://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/pc08e/whats_the_most_interesting_thing_you_cant_share/c3vhvds

That's not his writing style and this person is British, so I don't think that's the hobbit you're looking for unless he adopted a British persona like Madonna

I was joking, squirrelfriend.

I did find an account that belonged to him, but there was no Star Wars stuff.
serge

Leadbelly

« Reply #15228 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »

Well, first of all, I'm sure there is a lot of overlap. I think many men want to be sexually appealing to women. The difference is there is more than just physical attraction that women are after.

I remember reading once that women a more interested in looking at a male naked body if it was a celebrity she likes. In other words there has to be something more than just titillation to attract her. Men are far more visual in that respect. It is all about the tits and ass, everything else is irrelevant.

There is a difference in the way men and women view porn. Men of course focus on the woman, but interestingly so do women. Women focus on women. It seems they're more interested in what the woman's doing and her  pleasure than simply the visual attraction of the man.

Women it seems have an inward focus(it is more about them) and men have an outward focus(more about tits and ass). I think that inward focus probably leads to wanting to be the object of desire. If you notice women quite like wearing sexy lingerie and dancing sexily. I think this is partly an aspect of their own sexuality. How it is expressed. I think maybe this leads to greater sensitivity in the way her body looks.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15229 on: February 10, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »
Cindi, you're being distinguished mentally-challenged again. Yeah nobody gives a shit about how dudes look you're right. Girls just fuck whatever fat guy buys them a drink 1st. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ugh, guess we're getting r/incels washouts now  :yuck

etiolate

« Reply #15230 on: February 10, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
This made me think of TVC so I'm sharing it

Clockwork5

« Reply #15231 on: February 10, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »

Best Speaker =/= best public speaker.

The core competencies of a House speaker are much more about organization and leadership.

You're right, I missed the capital "S" Speaker.

In that case how many congressional seats were lost under Pelosi's leadership?

gfm793

« Reply #15232 on: February 10, 2018, 07:48:49 PM »

All three of those men are played as pure jokes. Fat Slobs and guys who are going nowhere. They are in no way aspirational. I'm guessing part of it actually dates back to "The Honeymooners" with Jackie Gleason which started that Blue Collar asshole trend. (I mean Flinstones flat out ripped off the Honeymooners).

But in the dating world? Tell me, how many fat guys, and I mean really fat, not just the overweight average do you honestly see pulling in the girls at clubs? Damn near none. The message men receive from pretty much birth is that money and stability are the most important things in life. But also, don't be fat. A poor guy who's in decent shape can get women, a poor fat guy? Good fucking luck.

But there is an easier way to challenge your thesis that it's easier for fat guys than fat women. I say this as a giant fat ass myself.

Look at porn. BBWs have been a popular as fuck fetish for nearly as long as porn has been a thing. A LOT of guys like their women big, and not just a little big, I mean pretty damned fat. Look at erotica, look at women's fetish comics. While I'm sure on occasion there will be women who are into fat guys, it's not nearly to the same level.

And of course, that isn't to say that looks are everything. Fatties get love too.

I suppose the most I can give you on this is that men have more leeway in what is considered fat. But once you cross that threshold and are just an obese bastard... good luck.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15233 on: February 10, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
While I agree that there's perhaps as much pressure on men to look good or act a certain way, porn isn't necessarily a good example.  Bears are a thing.
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15234 on: February 10, 2018, 08:58:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4394912/

Horse shoe theory is just another word for “both sides” centrism and the people who are using it to demonize the left are the ones who MLK was referring to in the letters from Birmingham Jail. And plenty of these people will be quick to say they’re against far right ideology, but won’t do jack shit to support black lives matter, #metoo, fightfor15, unions, campus protests against fascists and colonialism, the prison abolition movement, or anti-war movements.

And plenty of these people here and elsewhere say they’re all for equality and shit, but will either never show up to support the causes or always have choice words about the methods in which these causes are strived towards. These people probably call themselves liberals or progressives, but are nothing more than diet conservatives who tell themselves that they care about women, the poor, black and brown lives, victims of imperialism and capitalism, but somehow they always prefer the status quo.

I love angry Lime
sigh

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #15235 on: February 10, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-guys-i-think-theres-something-wrong-with-me-metroid-other-m.22387/

If you think something's wrong with you because the majority of people in, what is in the grand scheme of things, an insignificant forum thinks that it's bad, then it just says more about what kind of an insecure fuck you are. Validate your self-worth according to the approval of anonymous nobodies in the Internet, brehs.   

:neogaf
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:15:41 PM by Pepinappe »

gfm793

« Reply #15236 on: February 10, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
While I agree that there's perhaps as much pressure on men to look good or act a certain way, porn isn't necessarily a good example.  Bears are a thing.

There's bears, and there are fatasses. Bears, with rare exceptions are maybe a little above average in weight. They are not for lack of a better term, fucking huge. I already said that men are given a little more leeway with what is considered an acceptable body type, but once you pass that threshold, you are a fatass. Period. You're not handsome on the inside, you aren't anything but a fat fuck. Now you don't have to live under those definitions, but if you don't think that's the message society sends, you're dreaming. There is a big fucking difference and that's what I'm saying.

Himu

« Reply #15237 on: February 10, 2018, 09:24:46 PM »

Well, first of all, I'm sure there is a lot of overlap. I think many men want to be sexually appealing to women. The difference is there is more than just physical attraction that women are after.

I remember reading once that women a more interested in looking at a male naked body if it was a celebrity she likes. In other words there has to be something more than just titillation to attract her. Men are far more visual in that respect. It is all about the tits and ass, everything else is irrelevant.

There is a difference in the way men and women view porn. Men of course focus on the woman, but interestingly so do women. Women focus on women. It seems they're more interested in what the woman's doing and her  pleasure than simply the visual attraction of the man.

Women it seems have an inward focus(it is more about them) and men have an outward focus(more about tits and ass). I think that inward focus probably leads to wanting to be the object of desire. If you notice women quite like wearing sexy lingerie and dancing sexily. I think this is partly an aspect of their own sexuality. How it is expressed. I think maybe this leads to greater sensitivity in the way her body looks.

I think this is an over simplification. Women are very visual. The problem is that men and the rest of society know what men find attractive because men can’t shut up. Meanwhile straight men often don’t even know what men women find attractive and work off assumptions and think ladies universally only like pretty boys. Most of the time a man says some guy is unattractive he’s actually not that bad looking. I have posted a pic of an obese guy with his shirt off and he’s hot af. Yes daddy!
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #15239 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:27 PM »
Enjoying Other M does indeed mean there is something deeply wrong with you.