Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193580 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15960 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
There we go.

:reeeee

Boredfrom

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15961 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4535529/
All platforms are easy to manipulate. You could pay qualified individuals to manipulate Resetera if you so desired.

:putin

Surprised he didnt get a warning.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #15962 on: February 14, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
glad I still don't know much of anything about GG or the players involved
 :aah

willful ignorance

SG-17

« Reply #15963 on: February 14, 2018, 01:31:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4538207/

"Call me a gamer and I'll slap you. " - a mod

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15964 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »
How many fucking mods are there.

Bore Expert

« Reply #15965 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
Due to his loneliness, I think Evilore should get a pet. A cat or a dog. Probably a doggo.

like this

(Image removed from quote.)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(shi be)
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15966 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »
Not even a ban message. The fury was immediate.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4537200/

User banned for saying they'd get banned. Here on resetera we will not tolerate self-fulfilling prophecies

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #15967 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
How many fucking mods are there.

One for every possible problematic trigger.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15968 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4538207/

"Call me a gamer and I'll slap you. " - a mod
It's Professor Beef, known Sonic fanboy and My Little Pony watcher. That's more disgusting than being called a gamer imo.

etiolate

« Reply #15969 on: February 14, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
be called--

a) a gamer

b) resetera mod

spoiler (click to show/hide)
c) former resetera mod  :teehee
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15970 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »
I missed the first 2 or 3 months of the whole Gamergate thing, I never used gaming side on Gaf

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #15971 on: February 14, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »

willful ignorance

Admitting ignorance on GG back on GAF would have gotten your shit banned.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15972 on: February 14, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4538530/

I am a member of GamerGate. I am willing to have a discussion about GamerGate, the gaming community, game journalism, white supremacy, harassment, or anything else. I feel like GamerGate has been incorrectly maligned and is the victim of a smear campaign by the very group of journalists it was originally created as a response to. There are a lot of misconceptions that I feel like I could clear up in a discussion. I will respectfully listen and respond, though I will not always agree or see eye to eye on particular subjects. And where we agree, it's possible that I may disagree on the extent to which we agree. But I will guarantee a civil discussion, at least on my end, in which no rules will be broken and all participants are treated with dignity and respect.

The responses to this should be well reasoned and civil I'm sure.

*EDIT* aaaannnnd banned!
My first warning/ban there was misrepresenting the goals of Sarkeesian.

I basically said something like that if she didn't throw such a hissy fit GamerGate wouldn't have gone past the "Zoe Quinn cheated on her boyfriend" story.
The origins of GamerGate are fucking stupid anyway.

Some of them going full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow and continuing to support GamerGate is like supporting the Nazi's because you liked Hitler's paintings.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15973 on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:06 PM »

willful ignorance

Admitting ignorance on GG back on GAF would have gotten your shit banned.

Well yeah, because it means you're secretly one of them and trolling to waste their time having to re-explain the whole situation, as well as get a rise out of people who are amazed you could be ignorant of it.
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #15974 on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:35 PM »
dude

that comparison

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #15975 on: February 14, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
I have received 3 warnings in 3 days.

HELP
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15976 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:24 PM »

HELP
Link to your posts so we can judge.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15977 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »

HELP

You gotta watch out.  They are petty enough that they WILL comb through the logs to find out who got warned 3 times in 3 days and they WILL put the 236 of you on a watch list to narrow down which one is posting on noted hate site thebore.com.
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #15978 on: February 14, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
dude

that comparison
The Birth of a Nation/Black Panther thread?

They really think 100 years from now people will be talking about a superhero movie and how important it was.

james

« Reply #15979 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:11 PM »

HELP
Link to your posts so we can judge.

And get permed for being a member of a well-known hate community?

No thanks.

But for fucks sake, Amirox was a more balanced mod than half these people on staff. They're literally using the warning system to disagree with an opinion.

Boredfrom

« Reply #15980 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
Gamergate deserve the mockery because many of them are petty stupid assholes, but dunno if call them hate group.

And outside of that, I don’t get why NeoGaf/Resetera is so obsessed with labeling “gamer” as a negative. I get the disdain for the label (Jeff Gerstmann explained one time the corporate origins of the term) but not the need to make it more negative than anything.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15981 on: February 14, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »
Gamergate deserve the mockery because many of them are petty stupid assholes, but dunno if call them hate group.

And outside of that, I don’t get why NeoGaf/Resetera is so obsessed with labeling “gamer” as a negative. I get the disdain for the label (Jeff Gerstmann explained one time the corporate origins of the term) but not the need to make it more negative than anything.
Maybe we should do what the people who fish as a hobby did and go with the label 'Gamerman'.  :doge

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15982 on: February 14, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »
It's pretty shitty how ethics in games journalism is now forever a forbidden topic because even attempting to imply there might be a problem invokes the meme.

I'm not saying there's any particular pervasive problem that could use addressing, but if there was, fuck trying to talk about it.

Unless you can get SweetNicole or excelsiorlef on your side, that would make it ok.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15983 on: February 14, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
Maybe we should do what the people who fish as a hobby did and go with the label 'Gamerman'.  :doge

Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15984 on: February 14, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4541194/
Feels dumb to say this about a Marvel super hero movie, but it definitely feels like an important moment in American history.
it feels dumb to say that because it is a dumb thing to say
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:31:54 PM by nachobro »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15985 on: February 14, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »
Feels dumb to say this about a Marvel super hero movie, but it definitely feels like an important moment in American history.
Question that needs to be addressed: is Black Panther more or less important than the first black president?

Than the first woman president?
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15986 on: February 14, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »
It's pretty shitty how ethics in games journalism is now forever a forbidden topic because even attempting to imply there might be a problem invokes the meme.

I'm not saying there's any particular pervasive problem that could use addressing, but if there was, fuck trying to talk about it.

Unless you can get SweetNicole or excelsiorlef on your side, that would make it ok.
Game journalism is dead anyway. It's all about Pewdiepie and Dr. Disrespect now.
There's not much journalism left.
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #15987 on: February 14, 2018, 02:30:33 PM »
You could have the freedom of realizing it was all bullshit flung by people now well established as professional bullshitters

or

you can keep pretending GG was something sorta-mean-i-guess-dunno-shutup-imsickofitalready-heyimnot-whatever

daemon

« Reply #15988 on: February 14, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
Member banned (permanently): Admitting to be a member of a hate group and openly advocating for it. Persistant downplaying of racism, sexism, homophobia etc.

Gamergate is just as much of a "hate group" as resetera is. I can't stand GGers, they're annoying and petty as fuck, but calling them a hate group is disingenuous as hell. Also that thread is fucked.

That's what a GGer would say. You can't fool me!!!

tummyfat

« Reply #15989 on: February 14, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
I feel like if 'To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything - Julie Newmar' came out today there would be pages about its importance on Resetera

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15990 on: February 14, 2018, 02:38:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4541194/

Apparently this is the first movie ever that stars black people.

Ike Perlmutter will be remembered as a saint

nudemacusers

« Reply #15991 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
No prob with banning anyone who wants to hitch their wagons to something as lame as gamergate. How is one a member of gamergate anyway. Are there dues? ID cards?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15992 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »
I get why people are more excited about BP than every other dumb, boring Marvel movie and I understand that but calling it an important moment in American history is a bit hyperbolic :lol

etiolate

« Reply #15993 on: February 14, 2018, 02:44:46 PM »
man wait til these kids discover Blade

Raist

« Reply #15994 on: February 14, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
Oh shit here we gooooooooo :rejoice

https://www.resetera.com/threads/monster-hunter-world-nintendo-switch-port-would-be-%E2%80%9Cdifficult%E2%80%9D-according-to-capcom%E2%80%99s-president.23210/

Alright,

1. Please keep this thread civilized. We are just 6 pages in and this thread not only generated too many reports already but seems to shift into another shitfest between PlayStation and Nintendo fans. Mr.Tsujimoto gave a good explanation about why MHW would be difficult to pull off on Switch and I think those statements can be discussed without y'all getting angry at each other.
2. Just because game X runs on system Y doesn't mean that game Z will run on system Y as well - I feel like we should look at Monster Hunter World itself instead of looking at other games that might have a bigger scope but lack other features of MHW.
3. Knock it off with the personal attacks and report inappropriate behaviour when you see it.
4. Do not just post/tease "insider information" if you haven't been properly checked by ZhugeEx.

I'll keep my expectations low for this thread, but I hope that we won't have to close it early just because of platform wars bullshit and ignorance regarding the technical realities of both the Switch and MHW.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15995 on: February 14, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
I will forever stand by Blade 2 and Hellboy being the best superhero movies out there.

etiolate

« Reply #15996 on: February 14, 2018, 02:47:19 PM »
Time to send ZhugeEx a bunch of fake credentials!

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15997 on: February 14, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
Makes me wonder if Gods of Egypt would have also been hailed as historical moment if they had not whitewashed it.

stufte

« Reply #15998 on: February 14, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »
Makes me wonder if Gods of Egypt would have also been hailed as historical moment if they had not whitewashed it.

Not unless every character was black. That's how it works I think.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15999 on: February 14, 2018, 02:53:10 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/monster-hunter-world-nintendo-switch-port-would-be-%E2%80%9Cdifficult%E2%80%9D-according-to-capcom%E2%80%99s-president.23210/

Alright,

1. Please keep this thread civilized. We are just 6 pages in and this thread not only generated too many reports already but seems to shift into another shitfest between PlayStation and Nintendo fans. Mr.Tsujimoto gave a good explanation about why MHW would be difficult to pull off on Switch and I think those statements can be discussed without y'all getting angry at each other.
2. Just because game X runs on system Y doesn't mean that game Z will run on system Y as well - I feel like we should look at Monster Hunter World itself instead of looking at other games that might have a bigger scope but lack other features of MHW.
3. Knock it off with the personal attacks and report inappropriate behaviour when you see it.
4. Do not just post/tease "insider information" if you haven't been properly checked by ZhugeEx.

I'll keep my expectations low for this thread, but I hope that we won't have to close it early just because of platform wars bullshit and ignorance regarding the technical realities of both the Switch and MHW.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16000 on: February 14, 2018, 02:54:33 PM »
GamerGate continues to be dumb.

Just remember how it started. Zoe Quinn allegedly had a thing with a jury member / gaming journo on some awards thing which got her awards and stuff.
According to her boyfriend anyway.

The boyfriend of Zoe Quinn is basically the original cuck

Therefore GamerGate is essentially a cuck defense force.  :-\
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #16001 on: February 14, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »
All it tells me is that they'l quickly forget about Black Panther and move on to the next thing as if it was the first thing.

btw, The Princess and the Frog was good, but is probably problematic now for all its Jazz imagery, which we know now to be alt-right dogwhistling by the Cuphead devs

Raist

« Reply #16002 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »
This quote is interesting. "Various conditions" implies to me that they are stuck with a exclusivity/marketing deal with Sony like the 4chan rumor said. I think them not wanting to straight up port MHW is due to contracts. The same rumor did mention a portable version, though. Considering he acknowledges that there is a demand we should expect a portable version to happen. A terrible strategy if you ask me but its better than completely ignoring the Switch user base and letting other publishers milk the potential hunter audience on Switch.

Ah yes, the behind-closed-doors exclusivity pact with Lucifer Sony.

tummyfat

« Reply #16003 on: February 14, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
btw, The Princess and the Frog was good, but is probably problematic now for all its Jazz imagery, which we know now to be alt-right dogwhistling by the Cuphead devs
No to mention the POC villain used voodoo and the soundtrack prominently featured renowned cultural appropriator "Doctor" John

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16004 on: February 14, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »
This quote is interesting. "Various conditions" implies to me that they are stuck with a exclusivity/marketing deal with Sony like the 4chan rumor said. I think them not wanting to straight up port MHW is due to contracts. The same rumor did mention a portable version, though. Considering he acknowledges that there is a demand we should expect a portable version to happen. A terrible strategy if you ask me but its better than completely ignoring the Switch user base and letting other publishers milk the potential hunter audience on Switch.

Ah yes, the behind-closed-doors exclusivity pact with Lucifer Sony.
Monster Hunter World and an Xbox One S costs about the same as 12 Amiibo's and 1 shitty Sonic game.

If they knew how to handle money they could be playing it right now instead of complaining.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #16005 on: February 14, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »

Alright,

Does Nibel no longer think the community is more than capable of discussing a topic like this with nuance and respect?

Also incoming lawnmower: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kevin-feige-on-black-panther-my-heroes-looked-liked-me-i-want-others-to-have-that-feeling.23333/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:12:06 PM by Skullfuckers Anonymous »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16006 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »
User warned for arguing in bad faith
“Hate group.”

This place is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.
:derp
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #16007 on: February 14, 2018, 03:12:39 PM »
I will forever stand by Blade 2 and Hellboy being the best superhero movies out there.
Blade  :ohyeah

Guillermo del toro’s body of work with the exception of pans labyrinth and that’s kinda ehh in spots but has edgy grimdark material which appeals to post adolescent virgin nerds so it’s brought up as an example of mature fantasy  :nope
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #16008 on: February 14, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »
What about the water movie?

stufte

« Reply #16009 on: February 14, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »
What about the water movie?

The lady in the water?

TRASH MOVIE.

nudemacusers

« Reply #16010 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:01 PM »
If I need to see a chick fuck a fish I’d hit up some Japanese porn
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #16011 on: February 14, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »
No to mention the POC villain used voodoo and the soundtrack prominently featured renowned cultural appropriator "Doctor" John

:dolezal

Save me Te-Nehisi Coates!

stufte

« Reply #16012 on: February 14, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
If I need to see a chick fuck a fish I’d hit up some Japanese porn

whynotboth.gif

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16013 on: February 14, 2018, 03:22:08 PM »
It's going to take a big effort to surpass Logan as the best superhero movie in my mind.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #16014 on: February 14, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »
So, what do you do in your spare time?
"Oh I like to play games"
"Cool. So you own games?"
"Oh yes, dozens."
"Are you a part of any online communities."
"Not only am I member, I'm a moderator for an online forum."
"Oh really? What's the forum about?"
"Videogames."
"Huh, you really are quite a gamer aren't you?"
"How could you say that to me?!!" :brazilcry
que

james

« Reply #16015 on: February 14, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »
It's going to take a big effort to surpass Logan as the best superhero movie in my mind.

You really need to watch Birdman

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16016 on: February 14, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »

I have and I love it, but

a)I don't consider it to be a superhero movie
b)I don't consider it to be better than Logan

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #16017 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »

It's called Spider-Man 2.

stufte

« Reply #16018 on: February 14, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4544180/

Apparently every oppressed group is perfectly introspective and know and deal with their own in a perfect way. They are a monolith and are perfect beings, ergo... gamers are toxic?

Also: Didn't know the oppression olympics aired at the same time as the winter olympics. TIL

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #16019 on: February 14, 2018, 03:29:02 PM »

Eh, Super was the last superhero movie that actually had something to say.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4544180/

Apparently every oppressed group is perfectly introspective and know and deal with their own in a perfect way. They are a monolith and are perfect beings, ergo... gamers are toxic?

Also: Didn't know the oppression olympics aired at the same time as the winter olympics. TIL

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

My boy is back!