Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174608 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16380 on: February 15, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Can we all agree that garlic parmesan fries are perfect for all meals, settings, and occasions?

Bitches love garlic parmesan fries

:O

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16381 on: February 15, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
I have a hard time paying for a steak at a restaurant. I'd rather just make it at home.

We have Score 11 A5 Wagyu on the menu, doubt you would find it in the grocery store  :snob

There's a farm about 20 miles from me that raises and sells America Wagyu. Should I buy some?

Sure, if you want to

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #16382 on: February 15, 2018, 03:28:49 PM »
At the Drafthouse they have truffle parmesan butter popcorn and it makes me throw up every time.

I want a Drafthouse in Seattle. Went to the one in Omaha and it was awesome.

They’re showing Hellraiser III next week. I’m going and I’m spending the whole movie with my hand down my pants while thinking of Tasty Meat.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #16383 on: February 15, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »
Truffle butters aren't made with truffle oil in my experience. And stop eating at trash places breh

agrajag

« Reply #16384 on: February 15, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
Riotus this is what we used in the past:

https://imgur.com/CuH5wEx

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #16385 on: February 15, 2018, 03:39:07 PM »
I had real truffle over pasta with cream sauce in Europe once. Now that was fucking  :delicious

james

« Reply #16386 on: February 15, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »

Italy is widely known for lying about the ingredients in their exports.

Like how 80% of italian olive oil is fake.

Source your products from California if you want quality.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #16387 on: February 15, 2018, 03:41:53 PM »
Truffle butter made with truffle oil :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bitches pls.

agrajag

« Reply #16388 on: February 15, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »

Nobody sources truffles from California, you momo

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16389 on: February 15, 2018, 03:49:05 PM »
Can we make another thread to make fun of all you fegs trying to one up each other with snobby bullshit?

Risible

« Reply #16390 on: February 15, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »
Food snobs are the new audiophiles.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #16391 on: February 15, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I overnight cheese curds from Wisconsin.

:snob

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #16392 on: February 15, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »
Truffles are to fine dining what bacon is to fast food.

edit: Black Truffle-infused bacon ?   :rollsafe

james

« Reply #16393 on: February 15, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »

Nobody sources truffles from California, you momo

Catch up with the times

In the great race to grow black truffles in Wine Country, Sonoma County has beaten out Napa Valley despite getting a later start.

Jackson Family Wines — owner of Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Freemark Abbey and other wineries — just announced it harvested 17 of the prized fungi in the hazelnut and white oak orchard it planted and inoculated with Tuber melanosporum (Périgord truffle) spores in 2011 outside Santa Rosa, beating out similar efforts in Napa Valley. The harvest took place several weeks ago, and though the pioneering truffles themselves have disappeared in a cloud of risotto and Pinot Noir, it was the first successful harvest among several orchards betting on Wine Country as the world’s next great truffle-growing region.

“We’re getting ready. We’re going to hit it big,” said Fran Angerer of Alexander Valley Truffle Co., whose family has a truffle dog named Tuber and a truffle orchard in Geyserville that could be ready for a harvest next winter. “It’s going to hit, and when it hits, it’s going to change the truffle world. We are a big market here in the Bay Area, because we have so many restaurants.”

“For the amount of orchards we have right here, we won’t have to go any farther than Monterey to get rid of ’em,” he said. “Bay Area restaurants are gonna love having truffles that were in the ground this morning and on the plate this evening.”
https://www.sfchronicle.com/wine/article/Ground-breaking-truffle-find-is-start-of-11042400.php

If you havent pre-reserved your California truffles, you're going out of business

agrajag

« Reply #16394 on: February 15, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »

That "flavor" still makes me suspicious; but can't say I've ever tasted a product like that.

I'm not a big fan of it

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16395 on: February 15, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
I overnight cheese curds from Wisconsin.

:snob
I only source my Nacho Fries from local TB locations

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16396 on: February 15, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
The only time i've actually enjoyed beef was the time I had Korean BBQ in Sydney. Was sliced so thin it would just melt in your mouth. I think it was bull or something but honestly it could be fucking human meat for all I care, that meal was one of the few times in my life i've felt happy.

In Australia they have these $2 burgers at McDonalds, and that's what I eat for about half of my meals.

james

« Reply #16397 on: February 15, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
In Australia they have these $2 burgers at McDonalds, and that's what I eat for about half of my meals.

:trash

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16398 on: February 15, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
When Australia is so expensive the dollar menu is two dollars :lawd
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #16399 on: February 15, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »
Can we make another thread to make fun of all you fegs trying to one up each other with snobby bullshit?
No
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #16400 on: February 15, 2018, 03:58:58 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that the fancy lipid craze has not lead to a fancy starch craze.  You can get different flavors and consistencies via different flours. This seems to be something only done in the gluten free business.

Make your crepes with some tapioca flour. Make your pie crust with some coconut flour. 

:delicious

TVC15

« Reply #16402 on: February 15, 2018, 03:59:41 PM »
No

For real. Would he rather us talking about racial or trans issues?
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #16403 on: February 15, 2018, 03:59:41 PM »
Let’s be real tho the most expensive meal is pussy  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

« Reply #16404 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »

Great. Now we’re talking about sex reassignment surgery, apparently.
serge

james

« Reply #16405 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »
Anyone else remember the 29 cent hamburgers at Mcdonalds?

39 cents for a cheeseburger.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16406 on: February 15, 2018, 04:01:56 PM »
For real. Would he rather us talking about racial or trans issues?
wow way to assume my gender, shitlord

nudemacusers

« Reply #16407 on: February 15, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

Dicks are cheap and dime a dozen. The Taco Bell of genitals. 🗑
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16408 on: February 15, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
Yes. I've cooked food for Halle Berry, Q-Tip, Steven Tyler, Anthony Bourdain, Dan LeBatard and some others.

You controlled by a rat that understands human language and loves gastronomy as well?

Bore Expert

james

« Reply #16410 on: February 15, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
Now Im hungry you should all be banned Im on a diet and now its going to be ruined

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16411 on: February 15, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
tell me about it. i got a calorie counting app and it basically gave me ptsd so now i gotta cook all my own food instead of eating taco bell.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16412 on: February 15, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
Won't have you cretins disrespecting Olive Garden here
Wouldn’t even take a back page Hispanic male masseuse to Olive Garden :holeup

Endless breadsticks is the only edible thing there.

It's endless, what more do you need? :rejoice
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16413 on: February 15, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
Where transphobics, sexists and racists occasionally food to enjoy European cuisine and fine wine in the low countries.

But also nothing wrong with the pub

CIS GENDER MALE WHO EATS AT FANCY RESTAURANTS  :maf
🤴

james

« Reply #16414 on: February 15, 2018, 04:11:56 PM »
tell me about it. i got a calorie counting app and it basically gave me ptsd so now i gotta cook all my own food instead of eating taco bell.

Im using my fitness pal.

The other day I decided to try the Popeyes Ghost Pepper wings. I figured 6 super tiny wings couldnt hurt.

Yup, they come out super tiny, barely spicy, and massively disappointing.

So I go log it.

1,260 calories for 6 wings.

And thats before the biscuit and sides.

I almost asked for a refund.

Marhunchy

« Reply #16415 on: February 15, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
That's not true.

No, it's true.  Sounds like you work at an incredibly high end place and maybe use "real stuff", but a lot of truffle oil has literally no truffle in it.  And even those that do don't get their flavor from actual truffle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truffle_oil

Truffle oil is controversial as a flavoring ingredient, as some truffle oil is artificially produced and may lack the complex flavors and aromas of fresh truffles.

https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/ingredients/article/truffle-oil

Truffle oil is a cooking oil, such as olive or sunflower oil, that has been infused with the aroma of white or black truffles. The intense aroma and flavor of truffle oil doesn't come from actual truffles but a chemical compound that resembles it closely, often marked on the bottle label as "natural flavors."

most truffle oils and butters are flavoured with a petroleum derivate

it smells like methane

even cheap truffles can be flavoured with it, to sell them as white or a more prestigious one

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16416 on: February 15, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
Im using my fitness pal.

The other day I decided to try the Popeyes Ghost Pepper wings. I figured 6 super tiny wings couldnt hurt.

So I go log it.

yep, i'm using myplate and anything i could consider eating out just depresses me. luckily it also tracks calories burned via steps and exercise so it shows me when i can have some leeway with eating.

james

« Reply #16417 on: February 15, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »
Im using my fitness pal.

So I go log it.

yep, i'm using myplate and anything i could consider eating out just depresses me. luckily it also tracks calories burned via steps and exercise so it shows me when i can have some leeway with eating.

Obamas biggest failure as president was not mandating that use of fitness trackers and calorie apps.

agrajag

« Reply #16418 on: February 15, 2018, 04:21:17 PM »
Yes. I've cooked food for Halle Berry, Q-Tip, Steven Tyler, Anthony Bourdain, Dan LeBatard and some others.

You controlled by a rat that understands human language and loves gastronomy as well?

Look at my posts breh, you think a lucid human being would produce such low quality shitposting?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #16419 on: February 15, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »
The Bore is a club only meant for the most successful of our species.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then there's also me to balance things out.
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #16420 on: February 15, 2018, 04:26:08 PM »

Make your crepes with some tapioca flour.
Americans are too stupid to realize this.

I replace all bread with tapioca.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16421 on: February 15, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Are you tasteless, uncultured idiots really shitting on Italian food?

Italian food whose entrees are < $15, yes.

This is fine Italian food: https://www.zomato.com/boston/strega-boston/menu

Tasty, you should be goddamned ashamed touting a place like Strega as exemplary Italian when there are like a dozen actually good places literally a stones throw from it  :duh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #16422 on: February 15, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
Look, Italian food can be amazing. But pasta is literally flour and water. Some recipes have egg yolk and milk. It's cheap as fuck to make. Have some perspective, please.

Isn't that true of vast swathes of major national gastronomies though ? Most courses originated from basic everyday cooking.

No. My job is costing out dishes. Well, part of it. Salads, pasta dishes and desserts subsidize the more expensive dishes on the menu that have much smaller cost margins. So a restaurant that serves mostly pastas doesn't need to charge nearly as much, as long as they do a lot of volume since their margins are great.

I'm not sure we were talking about the same thing. I was just taking exception with the fact pasta is basic food. Not that I disagree, but it can be said for many a famous dish that they have humble lineage. I guess I don't teach you anything by saying preparation time, craftsmanship and/or freshness can go a long way even with simple foods.

I don't dispute that some courses will be more elaborate or that profit margin may vary.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #16423 on: February 15, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
I don't like Italian food and I'm Italian.
:idont

I just grew up on good, homemade pasta every weekend and now I hate tomato sauce!
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #16424 on: February 15, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »
Look, Italian food can be amazing. But pasta is literally flour and water. Some recipes have egg yolk and milk. It's cheap as fuck to make. Have some perspective, please.

Isn't that true of vast swathes of major national gastronomies though ? Most courses originated from basic everyday cooking.

No. My job is costing out dishes. Well, part of it. Salads, pasta dishes and desserts subsidize the more expensive dishes on the menu that have much smaller cost margins. So a restaurant that serves mostly pastas doesn't need to charge nearly as much, as long as they do a lot of volume since their margins are great.

I'm not sure we were talking about the same thing. I was just taking exception with the fact pasta is basic food. Not that I disagree, but it can be said for many a famous dish that they have humble lineage. I guess I don't teach you anything by saying preparation time, craftsmanship and/or freshness can go a long way even with simple foods.

I don't dispute that some courses will be more elaborate or that profit margin may vary.

I never said it was basic. I love making pasta. I spent years making fresh pappardelle, fettucini, gnocchi, gnudi, ravioli, agnalotti, etc.

I think you missed my original point is that pasta dishes are very cost effective for the establishment, therefore they can afford to keep the prices relatively low. Even with fresh pasta it's relatively cheap to produce.

Jansen

« Reply #16425 on: February 15, 2018, 05:04:46 PM »

i just want to enjoy my YUM! Brands and darden restaurants while drinking miller lite in peace

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #16426 on: February 15, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »

I just grew up on good, homemade pasta every weekend and now I hate tomato sauce!

Does this include pizza?

I can't trust someone who dislikes pizza

shosta

« Reply #16427 on: February 15, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »
No, I love pizza, which is American.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #16428 on: February 15, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »

Does this include pizza?

I can't trust someone who dislikes pizza

I can't trust someone who likes Hawaiian pizza

nudemacusers

« Reply #16429 on: February 15, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »

Dicks are cheap and dime a dozen. The Taco Bell of genitals. 🗑

There are more pussies than dicks in the world, so really dick should be in greater demand and therefore more expensive
Don’t limit yourself to the human species :rash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

« Reply #16430 on: February 15, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »
I’m going to order a big sloppy meatball sub and eat it like a bitch.
serge

shosta

« Reply #16431 on: February 15, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
pineapple and jalapenos :lawd
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #16432 on: February 15, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
pineapple and jalapenos :lawd
So good on pizza :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #16433 on: February 15, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
Nothing like watching excelciorif, ketkat and enzom discuss comedy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-politically-incorrect-mostly-mean-insulting-people-because-of-sex-race-disability.23448/page-3

Watch out, someone might punch down!
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #16434 on: February 15, 2018, 05:18:52 PM »
 :six:

shosta

« Reply #16435 on: February 15, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
My family comes from a place where Jews were FORBIDDEN to do specific things. Overall, America offers opportunities for everyone and racism isn't that bad. It's not perfect, but no country is perfect. I'd like to see neo-nazis eradicated like everyone else - but hey, they are constitutionally allowed to speak.
Banned for "down playing racism". If you can't make comparative statements about levels of racism then how do you ever know if it's getting better? The only answer is that complaints about racism are ends unto themselves which is why only the most extreme and uncharitable interpretations of society persist. It's like a kind of social darwinism.
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #16436 on: February 15, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
My family comes from a place where Jews were FORBIDDEN to do specific things. Overall, America offers opportunities for everyone and racism isn't that bad. It's not perfect, but no country is perfect. I'd like to see neo-nazis eradicated like everyone else - but hey, they are constitutionally allowed to speak.
Banned for "down playing racism". If you can't make comparative statements about levels of racism then how do you ever know if it's getting better? The only answer is that complaints about racism are ends unto themselves which is why only the most extreme and uncharitable interpretations of society persist. It's like a kind of social darwinism.
Wow.
que

shosta

« Reply #16437 on: February 15, 2018, 05:31:19 PM »
I DON'T WATCH JORDAN PETERSON
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #16438 on: February 15, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »
I DON'T WATCH JORDAN PETERSON

Stannimg for the Iraq war, downplaying racism... this hasn’t been your best 24 hours.
serge

james

« Reply #16439 on: February 15, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »
NY pizza is garbage

The only good pizza is California pizza