Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174756 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18300 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »
I just realized that this means cream is somehow less chill than Huelen

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18301 on: February 22, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »
cream lasted longer than I expected

irishninja  lasted like two posts and ran

I like how they pop up for a day or two. It’s almost like they’re forum talk show guests.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #18302 on: February 22, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
I would love to host a talk show where I have a table of guests, but I have a button that ejects them out their seat and they get replaced by the next guest in line. Maybe not eject. Like if it opened the floor beneatht hem and dropped them down a tube and then another tube plopped a new guest down in their place.

If I hear something dumb, dishonest, or cheap then slam that button. It would kill in the ratings. People would watch just to see guests get canned in the middle of speaking.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18303 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »
Phew, had to catch up a lot of reading. Much going on in the extended NeoGAF cinematic universe.

Proof that she's crazy. Long essay incoming (because she can't ever help herself even though nobody fucking cares) so just read bolded parts if you desire.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/regals-women-of-era-ot-episode-i-the-female-menace.337/page-39#post-2578288

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I appreciate everything you do, I really do, but I very strongly believe that we are not 'going to get there' with current moderation policies.

I've seen people get second chances that they absolutely did not deserve based on the offending post and / or their post history. There are a fair few posters that consistently post shitty things or are shitty to others, but because they never have that one single post that would be considered 'actionable' on its own, they're allowed to get away with it. There have been several posts that I would view as clearly over the line, yet when reported either nothing happens or I get told that it is 'unactionable' - one of the more recent of these was a poster continuing behavior in one thread that he was told to stop by a member from the mod/admin team and then warned for for continuing anyway in another (now locked) thread.

An example that I feel comfortable giving here because the person in question is perma-banned now anyway;

In the Jim Sterling thread, someone called Jim an 'obese cuck'. The user got a perma-ban, not for that insult, but for being an alt account. Why wasn't the content of the post itself enough for a perma-ban? Why should someone who makes an unprovoked direct attack on another member of this forum, using alt-right terminology, be welcomed back at any point? Why should I feel comfortable posting in a thread where they are posting too? This wasn't a heated debate about something controversial - it was an unprovoked hateful attack. That they would've been allowed to come back at any point if they hadn't been an alt-account just sends me a message that unprovoked hateful attacks like that are OK so long as you 'don't do it again'. I know that that isn't the message you want to send, but it is the message that I receive.

I get the desire to give people a second chance. I really do. I understand why it is important. But you should also be able to recognize that some people just clearly do not deserve a second chance, let alone a third or fourth.

One user on this site has gotten a warning, a 1-week ban, a 48-hour ban, and has several questionable posts in between. He decided to continue his trollish and shitty behavior this past weekend. I would have assumed his chances were more than spent at this point - he had been repeatedly warned / banned for the same behavior and consistently returned to that behavior after returning from those bans, something that already should've provoked a much harsher response when he did it again after his first ban.

Yet he was just given another chance - another temporary 1-week ban. Why?

I reported that member through their profile with the request to make their current ban permanent. I was told that it had been discussed by the moderation team, who passed it on to the admin team, and now an admin told me that the mod team captains will look at it. At this point I have very little faith that anything will actually happen before the current temporary ban expires. And the pessimist in me says that when it expires I'll probably get told that they now can't 'just ban him outright' and that I'll just have to wait until he inevitably resumes his shitty posting behavior.

All of this just pushes me away because I just don't know anymore. I'm hesitant to report things because I simply do not know where the line is for the mod team to consider something 'actionable' - I only know that that line clearly isn't where it should be. I'm posting less, because I don't feel like putting energy into this forum when people can just be shitty and get away with it with the frequency they do now - because I just don't feel that current moderation policies are in the long run going to create a community that I want to be part of.
[close]
Yeah, Resetera wasn't extreme enough for this person back in December. Glad she's now a fucking moderator! Way to let the crazy people run the asylum! I used to reject her reports allllllll the time, she is in no way fit to be telling people what to say.

I mean THERE WAS LITERALLY MOD AND ADMIN CONSENSUS that her perspective of what was bannable was INCORRECT relative to the values of the forum, but because she's friends with Sweet Nicole... it's so Kafkaesque.
The problem is that there's 2 Resetera's. The public forum that we all see and love and the discords and yes, on the discords the crazy people yell at the mods. There's also the report buttons being punched all the time.

There's no other possible outcome. If they don't make the insane people mods, the other insane people will call them out as racists, sexists and bigots. The people that run Resetera have created their own monsters.
It wasn't like this before, they tried to bring back people like me into the community. But they have to make a decision, appeal to their insane base or offer a balanced place of discussion. And they've doubled down on their base.
Because it's much easier to click: "BAN!" than to try and reason with the crazies.

In the Dave Chapelle thread, I had to explain how humor and comedy works to those people. They're lunatics.
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #18304 on: February 22, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »
what would you do to grant napear
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #18305 on: February 22, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »
They could fix Reset by letting in the types they hate and letting them argue. They let in Brad Wardell. He made one post. The thread died.

If you have an over population of wolves in sheep's clothing, then you let in some real dire wolves to sort things out.

FUME5

« Reply #18306 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »
Real dire wolves.

etiolate

« Reply #18307 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
what would you do to grant napear

I'd not boot him instantly. He'd love that. I'd make him sit there and take the heat.

shosta

« Reply #18308 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
Real dire wolves.
No... Diamond Dogs.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18309 on: February 22, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »
They could fix Reset by letting in the types they hate and letting them argue. They let in Brad Wardell. He made one post. The thread died.

If you have an over population of wolves in sheep's clothing, then you let in some real dire wolves to sort things out.
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #18310 on: February 22, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
Real dire wolves.
No... Diamond Dogs.
Cream played us like a goddamned fiddle!
que

etiolate

« Reply #18311 on: February 22, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »
Real dire wolves.

Ride it like an orc  :preach

Himu

« Reply #18312 on: February 22, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
Glad to see reset burning.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #18314 on: February 22, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
fucking UBI Soft

puttin clamshells on statue titties

even granite getting a #metoo

nudemacusers

« Reply #18315 on: February 22, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »

Yeah it’s pretty odd the Bushnell thread hit the brakes as soon as the guy showed up.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18316 on: February 22, 2018, 07:32:22 PM »
Glad to see reset burning.

Cream leaves and Cindi appears.

Hmm...

:ohhh

Odrion

« Reply #18317 on: February 22, 2018, 07:33:42 PM »
If they just made a blanket rule in the Kingdom Under Fire thread that you could only talk about the game and JUST THE GAME,  and left things at that, I think things could've worked out. But the way they treated it as a conversation that they already came to the conclusion to, it invited people to try to subvert control of the discussion in that thread.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:08:10 PM by Odrion »
._.

shosta

« Reply #18318 on: February 22, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
If people want to criticize the director because he's an Aryan nation guy then that's fine and probably a good idea. The problem is that no one is allowed to challenge sacred territory because it "downplays" their subjective opinions. Challenging the grounds of an argument is fundamental. But it's called "thread whining".
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #18319 on: February 22, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »
As far as I know, the hate for Vavra stems from him speaking out against the people in the press who wanted to force black characters into Witcher 3 or that the lack of them was racist. His view was that western ideologues cannot understand eastern european history or experience and are forcing their culture on Polish and Czech people.

« Reply #18320 on: February 22, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
Real dire wolves.
No... Diamond Dogs.
Cream played us like a goddamned fiddle!
There was another typo in her last post that spelled "forum" as "for him." Anyone feeling bad and taking her parting shot bait to heart at this point needs their head checked. She most likely got a decent laugh out of her time here, zero feelings were hurt.

Bore Expert

« Reply #18321 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
This was just the pre-party, right? Lime and Snoop Bobby Robb are next on the guest list?
 :rejoice

paprikastaude

« Reply #18322 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »
If people want to criticize the director because he's an Aryan nation guy then that's fine and probably a good idea. The problem is that no one is allowed to challenge sacred territory because it "downplays" their subjective opinions. Challenging the grounds of an argument is fundamental. But it's called "thread whining".

"Maybe we could get somewhere if someone finally showed me all the occasions in which that guy literally claims that he considers your race subhuman and wants to rid the earth of it,"

REE:

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18323 on: February 22, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »
Don’t think the mods are perfect. In fact, we’ve complained to them on discord for not being harsher with permabanning racists and sexists and transphobes, but a lot of them try their best.

No reason so far to think people like Nicole and Ll aren’t on my side.

Getting a kick out of you guys so upset about it though.

"What are you talking about? If ANYTHING, the Nazis didn't kill ENOUGH Jews!"
Get a grip, dude. Holy fuck.

Dennis

« Reply #18324 on: February 22, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »
Known troll accounts:

Lime
Cream

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18325 on: February 22, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »
Don’t think the mods are perfect. In fact, we’ve complained to them on discord for not being harsher with permabanning racists and sexists and transphobes, but a lot of them try their best.

I expected the point to go over Cream’s head, but you always struck me as smarter than that rufus.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18326 on: February 22, 2018, 08:20:43 PM »
The real news on Kingdom Come is Black Adder season one's King, Black Adder's father is in this game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:11:24 AM by D3RANG3D »

etiolate

« Reply #18327 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »
I’m bigendered, biracial, bisexual.  I’m very confident in all three of those things. 

Quote from: Evilore
(she's bi)

I’m bi, bi, bi

(she's bi)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18328 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
Let's say the guy actually is racist and what they say he is, if the game doesn't endorse or promote his views there really shouldn't be that big of a deal where they literally can't discuss anything about it without 20 people getting banned. I'm not sure why Kingdom Come is so much more of a hot button issue to them compared to a thousand other games/movies/TV shows/songs by people with shitty views.
It's pretty easy to fire potshots at some Czech indie dev than say Naughty Dog or Activision and there will likely be no pushback. '

The whole reason Sarkeesian and her ilk decided to target the gamers first with their feminist frenzy was because she thought the nerds could be easily bullied into submission and no one would defend them.
As opposed to say going after the sport/fitness/masculine types.

Narrator: She was wrong.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18329 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:27 PM »

Yeah, gotta ban those avowed transphobes like Nintex and Transhuman.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18330 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

I expected the point to go over Cream’s head, but you always struck me as smarter than that rufus.

It's kinda fucked that you can't make a comparison online anymore.

Like yeah no shit Reset aren't Nazis and racists aren't Jews.  That's not the point of the comparison.

You could say bi-gender people are like neopolitan ice cream because it's one thing with several sides to it and you'd get audible gasps and literally shaking rn because you said an oppressed group is somehow like food.
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #18331 on: February 22, 2018, 08:25:17 PM »
The real news on Kingdom Come is Black Adder season one's King Black Adder's father is in this game.

season 1  :larry

Dennis

« Reply #18332 on: February 22, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
I guess we Stormfront now  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18333 on: February 22, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
If enough Era or GAF members resettle on Stormfront we will just meta-commentary on them from here.

The cycle continues.
🤴

Bore Expert

« Reply #18334 on: February 22, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
I’m bigendered, biracial, bisexual.  I’m very confident in all three of those things. 

(she's bi)

I’m bi, bi, bi

(she's bi)

(Image removed from quote.)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18335 on: February 22, 2018, 08:29:54 PM »
Let's say the guy actually is racist and what they say he is, if the game doesn't endorse or promote his views there really shouldn't be that big of a deal where they literally can't discuss anything about it without 20 people getting banned. I'm not sure why Kingdom Come is so much more of a hot button issue to them compared to a thousand other games/movies/TV shows/songs by people with shitty views.

This is why I'm pretty excited for The Last Night because the creator has said multiple times that the game is no longer (or never was) about the subject matter in those old tweets, nor does its description anywhere have any slight implication that it's about "feminism gone mad" or whatever.  It's going to come out and contain no objectionable material but they're going to go over that thing with a fine tooth comb for the slightest morsel of oppression.  Either way they'll double down on his personal views like with Vavra, but here's hoping it also sells well.

TBH with KCD's success I'm half expecting a thread in advance of TLN looking for ways to campaign online to prevent a similar success.
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #18336 on: February 22, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »
Show's over, guys. Time to decide the best rock band of the 90s. Nominating:

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18337 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »

This is why I'm pretty excited for The Last Night because the creator has said multiple times that the game is no longer (or never was) about the subject matter in those old tweets, nor does its description anywhere have any slight implication that it's about "feminism gone mad" or whatever.  It's going to come out and contain no objectionable material but they're going to go over that thing with a fine tooth comb for the slightest morsel of oppression.  Either way they'll double down on his personal views like with Vavra, but here's hoping it also sells well.

TBH with KCD's success I'm half expecting a thread in advance of TLN looking for ways to campaign online to prevent a similar success.
Cuphead:  "This glorifies racist propaganda things!!!"
Result: Millions and millions and millions

KCD: "Racists made this"
Result: Million seller

TLN: "This guy is a racist bigot!"
Result: ??

I'm pretty confident it will survive the hate parade. Unless they decide to go after the publishing platforms.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #18338 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »
Last Night dude seems way crappier than what they've portrayed of KCD guy.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18339 on: February 22, 2018, 08:36:03 PM »
"Some people say changing the moderators around is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. That's not true; Resetera isn't sinking. In fact, Resetera is soaring; if anything, it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg."

paprikastaude

« Reply #18340 on: February 22, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »
Show's over, guys. Time to decide the best rock band of the 90s. Nominating:

Crush 40

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18341 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:37 PM »

NMH was ahead their time.  :doge
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:46:28 PM by Atramental »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18342 on: February 22, 2018, 08:41:22 PM »
The Divine Comedy with Casanova

https://m.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18343 on: February 22, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18344 on: February 22, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »
Nah, that's not the point of contention. You felt like reaching for the high shelf over a dumb messsage board squabble. It's tasteless, at least in my estimation, and I let you know.

And you don't get to twist it like anyone's being persecuted in some vague way. Say whatever the fuck you want, but don't ever expect it to go uncommented.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18345 on: February 22, 2018, 08:54:52 PM »

Like yeah no shit Reset aren't Nazis and racists aren't Jews.  That's not the point of the comparison.

:nintendo

FUME5

« Reply #18346 on: February 22, 2018, 08:58:42 PM »
If they just made a blanket rule in the Kingdom Under Fire thread that you could only talk about the game and JUST THE GAME,  and left things at that, I think things could've worked out. But the way they treated it as a conversation that they already came to the conclusion to, it invited people to try to subvert control of the discussion in that thread.

You keep Kingdom Under Fires name out your god damn mouth.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:06:29 PM by FUME5 »

counterhit

« Reply #18347 on: February 22, 2018, 09:02:34 PM »
If someone calls you a troll it's actually a compliment, because they think there is a possibility that you aren't completely nuts.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #18348 on: February 22, 2018, 09:07:40 PM »
If enough Era or GAF members resettle on Stormfront we will just meta-commentary on them from here.

The cycle continues.

I could see that happening for a lot of them. They could argue that any white person not on Stormfront is racist, because they are complicating the "white identity", therefore complicating efforts to combat it. Plus, by not joining you start to give off "white savior" vibes, something much worse.

Shuri

« Reply #18349 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »
Cuphead's kinda shit, tbqh.

Incredible visual, 1994 snes era rental grade gameplay.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18350 on: February 22, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
And you don't get to twist it like anyone's being persecuted in some vague way. Say whatever the fuck you want, but don't ever expect it to go uncommented.
I'm not saying anyone's being persecuted, I'm lamenting the level of discourse primarily on sites like Reset.  It's been frustrating trying to make comparisons on any subject for years now, because people always jump to equating the two things being compared.  "I can't believe you just tried to imply x was y!!"  That's not how it fucking works.
Uncle

Aegis.exe

« Reply #18351 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:38 PM »
As nuts as Reset is, I don't wanna sit here and say Vavra is like some innocent dude. His twitter has some pretty insensitive stuff and the #gamergate thing and some more of the nutso right wing shit throw in. He seems like a douchelord with how he handles a lot of that, and I can get not liking him at all. I said it with TLN too, I Get why peopel wouldn't want to buy their stuff.

Resetti continues to be nutso though. He still made a good game people wanna play, so they're going to play it. The fact he's conflated as basically new era Hitler while they cannot even fathom to discuss the actual game is kind of next level. Even GAF could handle things like this much better.

Why can't we just call somebody a douchebag and be done with it. Why they gotta be nazis. Call people like Richard Spencer a Nazi or something, not this dude.

nudemacusers

« Reply #18352 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »
Cuphead's kinda shit, tbqh.

Incredible visual, 1994 snes era rental grade gameplay.
Yeah I was hoping for more than nes tier run and gun. Maybe the next one will be a rip off of Mario rpg, which I would be down for.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18353 on: February 22, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
I want happy that you dumb cunts invited cream here, it's bad enough i have to read your politics and gamergate shit everyday without having to read creamshit, that it was so short lived till you ran them off amuses me though, so thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:40:25 PM by Momo »

nudemacusers

« Reply #18354 on: February 22, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
Mod post 1, 40 posts deep: *poster drops a link to another thread, no additional text* And we're done here. *locked*

Mod post 2: After discussing it and looking over both threads, we have decided to reopen this topic. Please remember that this is a sensitive topic, and people not reading the OP can and will be dealt with.

OP’s first line, in bold: Getting ignored in the GQ interview thread, so let's point this out.

:doge :doge :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

hampster

« Reply #18355 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:49 PM »
Mod post 1, 40 posts deep: *poster drops a link to another thread, no additional text* And we're done here. *locked*

Mod post 2: After discussing it and looking over both threads, we have decided to reopen this topic. Please remember that this is a sensitive topic, and people not reading the OP can and will be dealt with.

OP’s first line, in bold: Getting ignored in the GQ interview thread, so let's point this out.

They locked the original thread because people weren’t posting about the right stuff ???

I mean, sexual harassment is wrong but posting about how George of the Jungle was ‘movie of the decade’ is important too

Shinobi might even say its more important than voting :)
Zzz

Jansen

« Reply #18356 on: February 22, 2018, 10:20:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4843958/

Quote from: siddx, post: 4843958, member: 36791
I'd say don't support anything with Mel Gibson in it but you do whatever you want to do.

Every thread stuffed with insufferable cunts

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18357 on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »
Just came across this. I figured some people here would be interested.

http://mld.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Diapers_Wiki
serge

etiolate

« Reply #18358 on: February 22, 2018, 10:23:10 PM »
#SaveBrendan

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18359 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-times-op-ed-by-michael-ian-black-the-boys-are-not-all-right.25156/

Starting off with a poignant sentiment about how it's always boys committing mass shootings, OP immediately derails his own thread with the help of Black American Psycho to point out that it's always white boys.  Except for the bunch of shootings that came from other ethnic groups.  Because

Look, fam. Cruz I legitimately got wrong. But you're basically trying to sit here and debate fucking percentages. Fall back.

Y'know, percentages that are ironclad data and alright to discuss as long as they fit the current argument.

People try to bring it back on topic and leave race aside, but Black American Psycho doesn't let up:

Quote from: Black American Psycho
Quote from: Kill3r7
The race argument will end up leading to circular argument, posting of endless stats and articles analysing gun violence by race. However, the male issue is far more interesting to discuss because it something 150/153 mass shootings have been committed by males.

Stats
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.38e38887de57

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/
What's the race of the males?

Quote from: Black American Psycho
Hahaha. This ain't a body count competition. It' tragic regardless. Count race of the serial killers in the last 150 school massacres.

Then suddenly Winnie-the-fucking-Pooh shows up and compares the percentages of races performing mass shootings with the population of the US, and oh look, it turns out whites are under-represented in shootings and blacks and asians are over-represented.

Black American Psycho disappears for the rest of the thread!
Uncle